Derby Medical Centre

01372726361 8 The Derby Square , Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A Massive Thank you

Following a stay in hospital my mother came out with lots of medication and we were slightly confused. We came into the medical Centre and was helped by the receptionist who went through all our queries and then offered to speak to the GP on our behalf. We received a call an hour later from the receptionist and everything had been sorted and some additional information was given to us for other health conditions. I cannot fault the service that my mother received and continues to receive since she registered with her GP almost 15 years ago - the NHS at its best - thank you to all

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Derby Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great doctors rude receptionist

The doctors are very caring and the nursing staff are lovely and always helpful. The problem with the surgery is the reception desk - there is a particular person in reception who does everything in their power to be unhelpful - I went in on Monday with a query they were rude and very unhelpful - I went away and came back an hour later and the staff were really helpful and sorted out my query - its such a shame as the medical centre is excellent is just a certain member of staff

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Derby Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Geese gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

very dissapointed!

I have been with this surgery for over 20 years, when they were at derby lane and previous to this have always had a good experiences. Its us now a week and I am still waiting for the doctor to simply write a referral to the Nuffield health clinic so i can get treated Privately. I have had to chase this up for the last three days each time told by the person on the other end that i will be called back in the morning to confirm if this has happened. The whole point of me getting treated privately is so I can be seen to quickly!!!!! Yet I am being held up by a such a simple thing that surely sure not take a week with me chasing up to try an get sorted and it still has not been done??? Very disappointed in this and not following up twice now on your promises to contact me back to confirm that this has been done.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 16 August 2017

Hi

I have just seen your comment - are you able to give me a call and I will see if I can help you I am in the office until 2pm today Many thanks Helen Practice Manager

Anthony Anderson gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

This surgery is the best I have had since I was a child.

When I moved to the area I asked around for a GP who was a sympathetic and attentive. I got exactly what I needed. The doctors at my surgery are good listeners, caring and thorough. They have set a gold standard for the medical profession.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 25 May 2017

Thank you - We really do try and accommodate all our patients needs - we appreciate you positive feedback

Wendl Ribeiro gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpful, patronising and rude recepcionists

One week ago I had a problem with my online account access. I wasn't able to login as I usually do to order my meds. The system didn't recognise my details and I was asked to contact the GP practice to reset them (which I did it on the following day as the problem occurred after GP opening hours). The following day I contacted the practice to ask for someone to reset my account. The receptionist sent me the same login details as those which weren't working! After several calls to the GP and after continuing to receive the same login/password as before I decided to contact the service provider by email. A few hours later I received a message from the provider advising me to contact the surgery and ask them to reset my details. On the next day I contacted the practice to explain the situation and was told that basically I didn't know how to use the system and must go to the practice to see someone to learn how to use the system (patronising round one). I explained that I work weekdays [ surgery is not open weekends] and that I couldn't possibly go to the surgery just for that . I was also told that I could order my meds via email - which is beside the point and not relevant to the issue (patronising round 2). The person got annoyed with my refusal to comply with their silly instructions and hung up on me.
I therefore made a complaint on the phone using NHS complaint service and the following week someone called to help me with my complaint. I explained the situation and following that, someone from the surgery finally decided help me set up the login/password on the system again. The whole situation was bizarre...I only wanted to order my medication online using an app that should make one’s life easier and I ended up wasting my time! Today I went physically to the surgery [lunchtime] to collect my prescription. A tired, surly receptionist on the desk threw the prescription towards me after I identified myself (extremely unprofessional) and then because I had another query, they let out a loud and irritated sigh before answering. Unacceptable service!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 24 May 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 25 May 2017

Please can you contact me regarding this review - as this feedback doesn't show any patient details I am not aware of who you are. Please telephone 01372 726361 and ask for Mrs Harwood the Practice Manager - I am in the office until 4pm today

Incredibly rude staff

The doctors are great, but the other staff members are incredibly rude. Couldn't even ask the person on the phone to repeat a number they rushed through when giving me without them having a huge attitude. It was unbelievable. Literally the worst customer service I've ever experienced. This was after I waited on the phone forever (as usual), and was transferred without even given prior notice. It also takes about a month to get an appointment.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 31 May 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 05 June 2017

Please can you contact me on 01372 726361 to discuss this please Thank you Mrs H Harwood Practice Manager

Dave gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Pleasantly surprised

Within 3 hours of calling I was at my same day appointment. Check in was simple.
Doctor was lovely. Explained everything clearly at my 1st appointment and subsequent follow up today. The doctor was pleasant, helpful and very easy to talk to.
Would normally see another GP who is equally helpful.
Can't fault this practice!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 10 April 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for your feedback - I will ensure that this is shared with staff at the next meeting.

Not impressed

I have been a patient at this surgery for about 4 years and choose this surgery due to near location for work. On the rare occasion I have been able to get an appointment. Until recently when I returned from hospital with a severe virus and needed a note- I have been unable to get through or confirmation that my request was forwarded. I have called at least 4 times a day for over a week and am very anxious about letting my work know I am ill and providing a document to confirm. In have been in the phone for over 1 hours to speak to someone. Most receptionistst are helpful however one is very rude, blunt, abrupt. I understand they are busy however a little care goes a long way when you are ill. I have never had this experience befor at previous surgery and will look to move even if it is more inconvenient for me. Sorry Derby Medical I know it is not every one.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

Hi

I am sorry that you have had this experience - I wish you had telephoned and asked to speak to me and then I could have helped. We offer routine and emergency appointments daily. Your sick note should have been issued to you by the hospital as you were seen at the hospital so that you wouldn't have to make an appointment to see us.

Mrs H Harwood - Practice Manager

Jill gave Derby Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Can't fault this Surgery

Have been with this surgery for many years. Over the last few years both my daughter and myself have had exemplary treatment and service. All the doctors are sensitive to our needs and extremely competent and helpful. I have absolutely no problem with the receptionists, they do their job brilliantly and with good grace. Obviously they are extremely busy sometimes and it is for us, patients, to understand and make allowance for these occasions. I have always found this surgery to be brilliant. The only problem I have is that I have to pay for car parking (as the Council organised the car parking contracts originally, they should have had more influence on fees and the raising of). .

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017

Derby Medical Centre replied on 17 January 2017

The car parking is the vein of the practice - we have tried over several years to negotiate with NCP to reduce the charges but the prices are very high. Apparently NCP have informed us that Epsom is based on London prices and I am still trying to work that one out!

Thank you for your kind words about our surgery we do try our best! Mrs H Harwood - Practice Manager

2 hours on hold

Two hours of being on hold gave up holding as still 3 people before me at that time! Joke! Was recommended to hear too!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017

Dear Patient

I am sorry that you had this experience - we reported our phone system to our suppliers last week and they were trying to fix the problem over the weekend, however they did fix some of the issues but needed to order a part that was fitted late last night. Our phone lines are working correctly now.

Mrs H Harwood - Practice Manager