The Corner Surgery

02072744507 99 Coldharbour Lane , London, Greater London, SE5 9NS

Caroline gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 1 stars

I would not recommend registering here.

I registered to this GP practice after moving into the area and seeing their notice saying that they were accepting new patients. As they were advertising for new patients I didn't expect that they were too busy to offer appointments. Neither did they make it clear that you can only have telephone appointments and you have to wait ages. The first time I tried to make an appointment to discuss my on-going medical condition I was offered a telephone appointment - although this is not what I wanted when hoping to meet my new GP for the first time - I explained because of work meeting I was unable to make the time suggested and was offered another time, which I accepted. However, the GP phoned at the time that I told the receptionist I was unavailable. I have made another appointment for another issue today. I now have to wait for two weeks for the appointment as they don't have any late evening appointments available in the next two weeks and so have to wait until I have a day off in two weeks time and I am in quite a bit of pain. Lets hope this is nothing serious. I wouldn't recommend this practice if you don't like telephone appointments or want to be seen within a reasonable time frame. I think that face to face contact is really important. I'm okay with telephone appointments sometimes - but most patients don't want to make unnecessary visits and can discern when they need to see someone and when the phone will do. It would be nice to be given the option.

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 03 June 2019

Mellissa gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Really happy with my new Gp Surgery.

I registered as a new patient in March, i am so happy with the treatment by the Doctor, i am a new Mother of a 3 month year old baby, the Doctor was so patient with my son at tge time for his vaccinations which i was dredding going through but the Doctor was so welcoming, kind and she really helped me and my baby feel relaxed and comfortable. Thank you so much! :-)

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 13 June 2019

Anonymous gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Overall poor service

Phone triage inefficient. I waited one month to see a doctor then I was told that even though my blood test was outdated, it will do. Very brief interventions with doctors, sometimes 5 minutes. I have been asked to go to another surgery as they don’t have enough doctors on site. Also they seem unorganised. A nurse left a voicemail where she even said her name and asked to be contacted back. When I called the surgery the man over the phone basically told me this happens in my dreams even though there is nurse with such name (she did my smear test) and I had a voicemail proving it. What this proved is the lack of organisation and interest in what patients have to say. Overall , the practice does not run well due to lack of staff/ funding. You cannot expect miracles when you don’t invest in people.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 29 April 2019

The Corner Surgery replied on 13 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback. However, as your comments have been reported anonymously we are not in a position to be able to investigate some of your issues. The triage system is intended to provide urgent same day access to GP care which is why you were offered an appointment with a partner surgery. We do appreciate your understanding of the restraints within the NHS due to lack of funding. If you would like to contact the surgery in person we would be more than happy to identify the members of staff you feel have let the surgery down, as this could be a training issue. Once again we thank you for drawing our attention to your concerns.

Matt gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Friends and Efficient

Really good GP which always offers appointments in good time and have good service.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 04 March 2019

The Corner Surgery replied on 05 March 2019

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive feedback. It is very rewarding to know that we are providing a good service.

Stuart bilyard gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

The corner surgery is the best

A really caring surgery had blood test , my kind doctor noticed , a problem with them and phone me to come to the surgery and be checked , which I did and was seen by a very nice doctor who put me at ease , did the checks , and explained , everything , so well I feel at ease now thank you corner surgery for caring you are the best I really appreciate you help kindness and care

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 12 March 2019

Anonymous gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 1 stars

NHS at its poorest

Words cannot express how poor a service I have received from this surgery over the past 5 years.
From over the phone consultation at 9pm at night to appointments running 40 minutes late. Not receiving my repeat prescription for 4 days due to diabolical communication between staff and a distinct lack of customer service and human empathy. There is not another surgery within close proximity or believe me I would have long changed.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 13 February 2019

The Corner Surgery replied on 19 February 2019

We are sorry that you feel that our service has not been to your satisfaction. As you have posted your comment anonymously we are unable to investigate your complaint. If you would like to speak to the Practice Manager regarding your issue we would be more than pleased to hear from you.

Anonymous gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 4 stars

The corner surgery Doctors are amazing

I have had great service from the Doctors and nurses. Once you can get past the receptionist team the treatment is second to none. I understand it is their job to field all number of patients, but constantly being told that i’ll have a ringback request in 48 hours is not always appropriate or appreciated. Usually when you explain the urgency I’m sure they do their very best to get a quicker result.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 20 February 2019

The Corner Surgery replied on 05 March 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you are pleased with our clinical service. The surgery operates a telephone triage and consultation system in order to prioritise patients with the most urgent need first. Requests for test results / prescription queries / Med3 certificates are processed within 48 hours. Receptionists are trained to ask appropriate questions in order to ensure the level of urgency is qualified and the appropriate clinician is booked to deal with the patient request. If you would like more information regarding our appointment system please see our website www.thecornersurgery.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Am using this opportunity to say a big Thanks to the Docotor

Am saying big thanks to the Doctors Staff especially my health professional for doing a good job am enjoying the good improvement on my health now unlike before please continue a good job done thanks so much

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 14 January 2019

The Corner Surgery replied on 19 February 2019

We are very pleased that you are happy with the service you have received. It is always our aim to help patients improve their health and wellbeing and to remain fit and active.

Fabian gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Appointment unfulfilled, no notification and left hanging

I had called The Corner Surgery on 25 Jan (Fri) to book an appointment for my wrist pain, and the receptionist offered 31 Jan (Thu), explaining that I will receive a call to confirm my time slot. On 30 Jan (Wed), I still had not received any information, so I contacted the clinic in which the receptionist said that they would call me on the day itself. I found this rather unsettling. On 31 Jan (Thu), I received no calls and when I contacted the clinic again at 3pm, the receptionist informed me that they will be contacting me later in the day. I enquired if the clinic was going to close at 18:30 as indicated on the website, and the receptionist was not sure (he had to put me on hold to check), and then informed me that they close at 19:00. I did not receive any call for my appointment, nor any advice that I will not be seen by the doctor for any reason whatsoever.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 31 January 2019

The Corner Surgery replied on 19 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We have investigated and found that the GP had in fact tried to call you but was unable to leave a message on your phone. The reception team also tried to call you subsequently to offer you an appointment to speak to a alternative GP. They were also unable to contact you by phone. As you have now registered with an alternative surgery we are unable to pursue the matter further and resolve this to your satisfaction.

STUART BILYARD gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic gp surgery !!

I can only say good things about the corner surgery , as a patient with long term illness , the corner surgery has been so supportive , and really have helped me so much especially one doctor , the whole team are very good , the doctors , h,c team , and the nice reception ,team they also have a really good pharmacist who really puts you at ease with your meds , to sum up a really fantastic team , and fantastic surgery 10/10

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 12 December 2018

The Corner Surgery replied on 07 January 2019

Thank you so much for your comments. It is really uplifting for our team members when our patients take the time to make such positive reviews and your time in doing this is greatly appreciated.