The Corner Surgery

02072744507 99 Coldharbour Lane , London, Greater London, SE5 9NS

Temple gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Respect and good communication

I just want to use this opportunity for the nurse I met at the GP surgery, the way she spoke to me and made me feel comfortable. She was very friendly towards me, she has just made my day. I say thank you very much for your support and I hope to meet you another day, to all HCA's if all Health care assistants were like this, patients will be happier, she has good manners and understanding and of Diabetes and a wonderful smile, she has helped me with my new sickness. Well done lady, keep it up.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 October 2018

The Corner Surgery replied on 07 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our service. We are very pleased that you have had a great experience at the practice and that the service you received from our nurse was appreciated

Ermelinda gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 2 stars

What call back system?

Do you tell your patients what the procedure is if you miss a call back? I don't see it anywhere on your website.
I just missed a call back for blood test results. I got a text from Corner Surgery: "Can I call you later?" I text back: "You can call me now". I never received a call back that evening only to find out the next day, when I call the surgery again, that I have to call the surgery and not respond to the texts...…. Hmm. So why send out automated texts??
I manage to arrange another call back two days later. The call is at 10pm! Naturally I missed that one too. But at this hour you can't call back the surgery.
Two days later I call the surgery again for a call back. I am told by the receptionist that I will be called that same day. I receive a call at 5pm only to be told that the doctor will call me in another two days time.
This is incredibly frustrating. You guys have to work out a better system. I gave up in the end. Thanks a lot!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

The Corner Surgery replied on 07 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our service. We have taken on board your suggestions and have changed the information regarding our appointment system to include guidance on what to do if you miss your telephone call. Once again we appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Roda gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

GP Appointment

My appointment was so amazing. Thank you for giving me an appointment to see my GP right away. My problem was solved. I hope you will continue your appointments that fast and easy. Not time consuming for the next patients appointments. Very quick. Thank you so much for entertaining me on the dot. Well done

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 October 2018

The Corner Surgery replied on 07 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our service. We are very pleased that you have had a great experience at the practice and it is encouraging to know that our efforts are noticed

Glezet gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Good service

Had a great experience from booking to assisting with the problem

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 25 October 2018

Mr K Bernard gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

From my assessment

l don't like going doctors or hospital and believe if you live a good healthy life it will show on your medical records like mine over 52 years.

Corner surgery or nurse give good advice and updates include test checks everyone should followup on when called or text with advise or workshop on going.

l have no problems with their services, and please note you can & have the right to access your detail on line. If your over 40 please get your flu jab like l did older you get harder to fight & l dance & go Gym so no excuses please DO IT OR REGRET IT :-)

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 25 October 2018

Melissa Johnson gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

New HCA

Wonderful service, was able to help me everything that I needed. I have been able to book future appointments with the HCA to help me plan and move forward. I am very happy with this service and my HCP

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 04 July 2018

The Corner Surgery replied on 23 July 2018

We are very pleased that you have received a wonderful service from us and hope this may continue. Thank you once again.

Senait gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Frustrating, misleading appointments

I have been registered in this GP more than 20 years ago. it was a best GP. All the appointment was in time.

Now I am waiting to speak and see a doctor it is almost 3 weeks. I was so unwell with my high blood pressure I call the GP and the receptions they were not helpful and so I wait for the 48 hours because I don't have a choice, my high blood pressure gone very high I call 111 and they question me for hours and I give up. next day I insist I need to have my tables for my Blood Pressure and I got it with out seeing a doctor. They told me to see their pharmacist and I did and he told the doctor will call you and I wait a week so I call back and they told me the doctor will call you And I still cant get hold for a doctor they told me that I will be called and still waiting and on 9/7/18 I call and told me the doctor will call you in 48 hours and on the 11/07/18 I was calling them to know what time he will call me and they told me afternoon I has my phone with me to wait all day and I call again to check and the GP was closed. I call in the morning and have been told to wait for Friday if I am like may be they will call me. it is very unprofessional.
When they ask personal information it must be considered every one is listening all your personal information it is not good at all.

I wait so long and I need to move.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 July 2018

The Corner Surgery replied on 23 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the NHS Choices website. We are very happy that you have experienced a good service from the practice over the last 20 years that you have been registered with us. We are sorry to hear that you have had difficulty accessing the service recently. As you have not contacted us directly to discuss this issue it is difficult for us to comment. We always encourage patients to speak to us directly when they have a problem in order for us to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please contact the surgery so that we can arrange an appropriate appointment with a healthcare professional for you. This may not necessarily need to be a GP as our HCA's and Pharmacist are suitably trained to deal with blood pressure issues and medication.

Neil Francis gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Frustrating and misleading appointment system.

After being bed bound for 2 weeks with symptoms of gastroenteritis that started when abroad I made an online appointment online at 8am on Monday 8th January. No appointments for a doctor callback were available that day so I booked for Tuesday 9th January. I checked back online on Tuesday and it stated my callback would be 18.34-18.40 that evening. However no call back arrived and due to exhaustion caused by the illness and tiredness caused by waking at 3am every morning being ill I went to bed at 8pm. When I woke up later I was surprised to see I had a missed call at 8.50pm from the surgery. I'm not sure how you're expected to know the surgery will call back up to 9pm as didn't see this stated online. On Wednesday morning I made another online appointment and called the surgery to stress the urgency. I was told I would get a morning callback. The online system showed a callback booked in for 10.30 - 10.40. No callback was made by 3pm so exhausted I slept and had a missed call. Same thing happened Thursday. The callback times the staff put on the online booking system bear no relation to the time you actually get a callback. This is a major failing that needs to be addressed. When ill, tired and exhausted and need rest and sleep are you expected to be awake and by the phone between 8am and 9pm. It just adds to the anxiety and makes you feel worse waiting and waiting for calls promised at a certain time that aren't even remotely kept to. Reception staff are just blase about the whole situation and have no empathy. This is all such a shame as on the occasions I've managed to get a callback or appointment with a doctor at this surgery they have been very good. I only go to the doctors once or twice a year on average and in recent years I've found also that it's increasingly the case there are no doctors available at this surgery and I've been referred to Vassall Medical Centre who are just amazing. They don't have this frustrating triage booking system and you get to see a doctor in person on the day or next day. Sadly I don't live close enough to this surgery to become a proper patient otherwise I would. The old fashioned booking appointments with a doctor face to face works for Vassall. Just look at the reviews. Happy patients and happy reception staff. No waiting for appointments. The complete opposite of the Corner Surgery experience. Fortunately a doctor did give me a call back today and said next time I need to phone and stress the urgency to reception. I told her this is exactly what I did on Wednesday and it didn't work and this is the last thing you should be doing when you're exhausted and tired through illness after explaining online that it's been going on for 2 weeks. I left it as long as 2 weeks as I knew from past experience the rigmarole to see a doctor face to face - after a callback it's days to get a face to face appointment or travel to another surgery to get one quicker.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 January 2018

The Corner Surgery replied on 02 February 2018

'Thank you for your feedback regarding our service. We are sorry that you have experienced difficulties with our appointment system. Our online appointment slots do have a note which states that you will be called during the day and not necessarily at the time the appointment states. However we have taken on board your comments and will be revising our website shortly to explain the appointment system more clearly.

The GPs here always endeavour to call every patient that requires an urgent call that day, this does sometimes lead to patients being called late in the evening due to high demand. When we do not have the capacity to offer our patients an appointment we have the opportunity to offer them an alternative appointment at one of our hub surgeries. Vassall Road Medical Centre is one of these. They are only able to offer the timed appointments you refer to as they receive an enhanced payment to provide extra clinics to do so.

We will also be reviewing our online appointment booking system and making some changes so that patients do not find the timing of appointments misleading. Your feedback has been very helpful and we hope that the changes that we will implement will make the system easier to use in the future.'

Anonymous gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Service provided at the surgery by the pharmacist

I would to commend the pharmacist for their care and attention, I did not know this was new provision, however they listen, and respond appropriately.
I am truly grateful for their follow up calls and for valuing the patient, some of us are stressed and hate coming into the GP practice, however they are making a difference and feeling heard means to lot to me, it means my health matters and shared care is with the patient too.
I have noticed lots of new staff roles and reception staff, everyone has been polite and helpful.
Much improved Corner Surgery, despite the building works, one team is the motto at my work, so noticed one team at the surgery, thank you all for chasing me up with follow up appointments and showing you care, it means a lot to me.
Many thanks
Best Wishes
KD.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

The Corner Surgery replied on 26 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive feedback on the NHS choices website. We always endeavour to try our best and improve our service provision under often challenging circumstances. It is very gratifying to receive feedback that we are making a difference. The Corner Surgery Team

Anonymous gave The Corner Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent!

I've always had a good experience when visiting this GP surgery. Though, like most London GPs they are busy and it can take a while to get through on the phone, I've always managed to get an on they day call-back or appointment when I need one. The reception staff are friendly and helpful and the two different doctors I've seen have been really good. I always feel listened to and respected and am given plenty of information on any symptoms or conditions. They are also good at allaying any worries I've had and making me feel like my questions are important.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 24 October 2017

The Corner Surgery replied on 26 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback on the NHS choices website. We do try to answer the telephones as quickly as possible whilst giving our patients the due care and attention they require. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and we are happy that you have experienced quality care. The Corner Surgery Team