Alderley Edge Medical Centre

01625 584545 Alderley Edge Medical Centre, Talbot Road , Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7EP

Dr S Patel gave Alderley Edge Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Refuse to Accept New Patients With No Clear Grounds

I recently moved to the area and this and one other GP practice is equidistant to my home address. I joined the other practice first however I did not have a good experience and felt the quality of care was not the best. As this is closer to my place of work I thought I’d pop in and ask if so could join the practice.

According to NHS guidelines I have a choice in the GP practice I can register with and they can’t refuse me without good reason see here https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/doctors/Pages/NHSGPs.

I was essentially told by the receptionist that I could categorically not join but with no explanation other than you have another one which is still the same distance away.

I’m not actually sure what to do in this situation now as I need to see a GP but they all seem pretty reluctant to even take new patients.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

L smith gave Alderley Edge Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Recently had to visit a couple of times, seeing go and nurse. Both fabulous and good st their jobs. Put my son at ease.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Anonymous gave Alderley Edge Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Commitment & Respect

We always speak and recommend the medical practises of both Alderley Edge and Prestbury. We feel they are excellent. The reception staff are always very pleasant even though they are always very busy. They always do their up most to help.The actual doctors and medical staff are "truly first class" and always display "professionalism and empathy". The new facilities are outstanding. We are a very lucky to have such a medical practise with superb people and facilities.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 27 July 2016