In Time of Bereavement
When death occurs at home:
1. Telephone the doctor; he/she will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
2. If death is unexpected the local police may need to be informed.
3. Contact the funeral director.
When death ooccurs at hospital:
1. Contact the funeral director to inform him that his services will be required.
2. Collect the doctor's death certificate from the hospital.
3. You will need to make an appointment with the registrar for the area in which the death took place and you must take the deceased's death certificate, medical card and birth certificate, if available, to this appointment.
4. Take the green form to the funeral diirector who will take over complete responsibility for organising the funeral.
Last updated on 04 January 2018.
Back to top