Report this content as offensive or unsuitable

Tell us about this content

Important, please read before continuing

This form should only be used for serious complaints about comments posted to the Page Comments section that break the NHS Choices Moderation Rules. This would include, but is not limited to harassing, abusive, threatening, libelous, or otherwise objectionable material.

The comment about which you complain will be sent to a moderator, who will decide whether it breaks the NHS Choices Moderation Rules. You will be contacted in due course once a decision has been made.

We need your email address so we can keep you updated about the status of your complaint.

Return to this content

Original content

Austin Allegro said on 02 August 2011

Remote worker, you're right that nobody seems to know about this. My current situation is this: HMRC says I have to pay tax in the UK. Hungarian authorities say I can get reciprocal care with an A1 form only. NI people however say I can't have an A1 form because my contract is longer than two years. So it looks like the only option is to contribute to the Hungarian state system, but that's all done through their tax system, which I don't pay into! Further clarification has been requested from NI but I'm not holding my breath. I met a fellow expat who says he got round it by simply not telling HMRC or NI that he had moved abroad (using his parents' address as his permanent UK address), and paying for private medical insurance in Hungary.