Linton Dental Practice

01223892899 Clock House Dentistry, 2 High Street, Linton , Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB21 4HS

Anonymous reviewed Linton Dental Practice

Excellent

This practice values good service. I got a quick appointment and a fairly quick follow up. The staff are friendly and efficient. The dentist I used was excellent, they explained the treatment options and gave reasons for their recommendation. There is only on street parking but you shouldn't have to walk too far in Linton. I had to travel to the Cambridge branch for a 360 x-ray but that was an efficient and friendly place too.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Anonymous gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Shocking

My daughters boyfriend has an appointment to which I took him as can't drive.
I parked my car at the back as I have a blue badge and have issues with walking.

Whilst waiting for appointment was asked to move my car as parking is for disabled parking only, that I would be let off this time. Once the member of staff had finished speaking I said I have a blue badge to which they replied that's ok.

I am upset and angry. I took my badge in to show but they were not interested, explained that not all disabilities are visible.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

Lee Mills gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very Happy

Very professional and helpful in dealing with my treatment with great advice on after care.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Tim Kendrick-Jones gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent all round service

My dentist here is excellent, friendly, thorough, professional and very good at communicating what is happening and options available. Other staff are also very good.

I would recommend Clock House Dentistry to anyone. Linton is very lucky to have such an excellent dentist in the village

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Anonymous gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Should have moved before now!

My husband and I have only just moved to this dentist and we both wish we had done so before. The service is excellent and they take great care to ensure that you are aware of choices of treatment and the cost involved. There is no pressure to agree to any particular treatment. The treatment rooms are spacious and airy and all the staff from receptionists to dentists to hygienists are friendly and make every effort to make you welcome and comfortable.

We highly recommend this practice and both look forward to future visits knowing our dental health is in good hands.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 26 June 2017

Anonymous gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Severe toothache- removing tooth

I have the upmost appreciation to The Clock House Dentist Practice. For a week I was masking toothache with painkillers, I then had to stop taking pain killers due to the danger of taking too many and increasing chance of addiction, this was then when the pain become unbearable. I rang the dentist in upmost distress, the lovely person on reception got it so I was fitted in that day, antibiotics were prescribed and another appointment arranged for 5 days time. Unfortunately the antibiotics didn't work and the pain got worse and worse, the appointment in 5 days times which attended instantly turned into tooth removal. The dentist made sure I was cured and made to feel better that day. I was soo appreciative the pain went away and the dentist made sure I was comfortable the whole time. Great service and care was showed to me through this whole process and you could tell all their concern was was to fix the problem and assure my comfort. 5 stars

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Kathy James gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Cosmetic treatment to upper front teeth

Chose under the guidance of the dentist to effect some treatment to front teeth prior to family wedding.
The dentist explained the options available to enhance my teeth which involved internal bleaching of a previous root canal which was discolouring, whitening of the front teeth and replacement of a crown to match colourwise .
After completion the treatment has made a remarkabke difference.
The option to do all this was entirely my own and I was under no pressure to do all or part of the treatment at any time.
The dentist has a very empathic and gentle way with their patients which puts you at your ease and ensures complete trust in them as a dentist

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Linton Dental Practice replied on 24 May 2017

I am really pleased to read about the difference that this treatment has made for you.

At Linton Dental Practice / Clock House Dentistry we pride ourselves on ensuring that you are fully involved in the decision making when it comes to your treatment and care. We never want you to feel pressured into anything. I am pleased to read that you were able to discuss options and make a decision with your dentist, however should you ever feel the need to ask more questions before making your decision, we now offer the services of a treatment coordinator. This is a complimentary service where you can sit down with a highly trained member of our team and discuss your treatment options, this service that is available to all of our patients whether they are considering NHS, private or complex care treatments.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

Judith Winckles gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Visits in April 2017

Very friendly Dentist and assistant. Explains options with you clearly. Nothing seems to be too much trouble. The only one disappointment is a 5 week wait for earliest appointment to see the hygienist. Quite a while, as this is a private appointment. Otherwise a lovely place and very friendly staff.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Linton Dental Practice replied on 24 May 2017

Thank you for providing us with your comments.

At Linton Dental Practice / Clock House Dentistry we are committed to ensuring that your are involved in the decision making with regards your treatment and will provide you with all of the information for you to be able to do this.

We have been aware of the wait to see our hygienists and are now happy to announce that we have another one joining our team and are now able to offer hygiene services five days a week. As a result of feedback from our patients one of these days is a Saturday.

stu reviewed Linton Dental Practice

cancelled appointment

cancelled my appointment at the last minute they only employ one nhs dentist seems they are more geared up for private one wonders if they would have cancelled the appointment at the last minute if i was a private patient and they were getting a good sum for doing the work

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Linton Dental Practice replied on 24 May 2017

I'm sorry to read that we cancelled you appointment.

AT Linton Dental Practice / Clock House Dentistry if we need to cancel appointments it is more often than not due to unforeseen circumstances. We endeavour to provide as much notice as possible, however if we need to cancel due to one of our dentists or hygienists being unwell it may be at short notice. In this instance, if you are experiencing a problem or a dental emergency, we will offer you an appointment on the same day with a different dentist. For routine appointments you will be offered the next available appointment that is suitable for your needs. We will also offer to add your name to our priority list, where we will contact you should a suitable appointment become free sooner.

We have three dentists, three hygienists and a dentist providing specialised services, all of whom have full appointment books, which makes it impossible for us to move a whole day of patients to another dentist's appointment book. Please rest assured that this is the same if you were booked in with us as a private patient or under the NHS.

Thank you for providing us with your comments. At Linton Dental Practice / Clock House Dentistry we strive for continual improvement and we can only achieve this with feedback from you.

Imran gave Linton Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Appointments non-existent

Pretty much same as all other nhs dentists around here, absolutely impossible to get a bleeding appointment. Joined December last year and was told to call after the new year. Called for an appointment and was told that the earliest available appointment was in February! Useless.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 20 January 2017

Linton Dental Practice replied on 23 January 2017

I'm sorry that your have not been totally satisfied in your recent dealings with our practice.

At Linton Dental Practice / Clock House Dentistry we carry out a clerking process prior to booking your initial NHS appointment. Once this clerking process is complete it is usual practice for us to offer an appointment rather than invite you to contact us to do so. We are usually able to offer these appointments within 2 - 3 weeks, depending on what time of day is most suitable for you to attend. There may be a longer wait for appointments during peak times. As it is very important to us that we provide the best possible service to our patients we monitor our waiting times and take the appropriate action should they become unacceptable.

If you have not already booked your initial appointment with us, I urge you to do so, so that you are able to experience other aspects of our service and possibly make future comment on.