Chicken noodle box
This easy-to-make chicken noodle salad is SO deliciously different.
Fancy a treat? Try our easy-peasy recipe for chicken noodles – it’s yummy AND healthy! This little recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare and only takes 6 minutes to cook.
- 150g dried wholewheat noodles
- 100g sugar snap peas or mangetout, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 4 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 200g skinless roast chicken breast, shredded
- A few fresh coriander leaves (optional)
Cook the noodles in gently boiling water for 6-8 minutes, adding the sugar snap peas or mangetout and carrot for the final 3 minutes.
While the noodles are cooking, mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice and sweet chilli sauce in a large bowl. Add the pepper, celery and chicken and stir to coat.
Rinse the noodles and cooked vegetables with cold water and drain well. Add to the bowl and toss together gently. Share between 4 lunch boxes, and top with a few coriander leaves (if using). Seal and keep cool until ready to serve. (It will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge).
- Tip 1: Check pack instructions for cooking the noodles, as timings may vary.
- Tip 2: For a vegetarian version, replace the chicken with marinated tofu pieces.
- Tip 3: Serve on a bed of salad leaves to increase your veg intake.
Nutrition per serving (i.e. ¼ recipe)
- 21g protein
- 2g fat of which 0.6g saturates
- 37g carbohydrate of which g sugars
- 3.5g dietary fibre
- 728mg sodium
- 1.7g salt
More healthy recipe ideas
Fancy trying some more easy, healthy recipes? Why not give these a go...
Smart swap is a registered trade mark of the Licensor and is used under licence