Healthy recipe: Chicken Tikka Wrap
It’s a good idea to know exactly what’s going into your lunch! The answer? Make it yourself!
This tasty take on chicken tikka curry makes a nice, healthy change from the takeaway curry. This super-simple recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare and will serve 4 people.
- 4 soft wholewheat flour tortillas
- 40g lower fat soft cheese with garlic & herbs
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- a few crisp lettuce leaves, shredded
- 150g skinless roast chicken, sliced
- 4 tbsp low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp tikka spice powder or medium curry powder
- chopped fresh coriander or chives (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cucumber, cut into chunks
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
Lay the tortillas on a work surface and spread an equal amount of soft cheese over each one. Top with cucumber and shredded lettuce.
Combine the chicken, yogurt and tikka spice powder or curry powder, and share between the tortillas. Sprinkle with chopped coriander or chives (if using). Season with black pepper, roll up tightly, slice in half and wrap in cling film. Keep chilled.
For the salad, mix together the cherry tomatoes, cucumber and celery. Pack in pots and keep chilled to eat later.
- Tip 1: Wholewheat flour tortillas will provide extra fibre, though you could use plain or seeded wraps instead.
- Tip 2: Get into the habit of eating salad every lunchtime if you can – it will count towards your 5 a day.
- Tip 3: Use cooked turkey instead of chicken if you prefer.
Nutrition per serving (i.e. ¼ recipe)
- 21g protein
- 6g fat of which 2.5g saturates
- 38g carbohydrate of which 7g sugars
- 3.5g dietary fibre
- 371mg sodium
- 0.9g salt
More healthy recipe ideas
Fancy trying some more easy, healthy recipes? Why not give these a go...