Cheese, carrot and raisin bagels
Fresh, crunchy, satisfying – just what you want for a lunchtime treat.
Looking for some tasty, healthy lunchbox ideas? This easy-to-make recipe for cheese, carrot and raisin bagels takes only 10 minutes to make. It's a great lunchbox-filler!
- 4 wholemeal bagels
- 30g lower fat soft cheese
- 2-3 crisp lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 20g raisins or sultanas
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 40g reduced-fat hard cheese, grated
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Cucumber and pepper sticks, to serve
Split the bagels in half and lightly toast the cut sides, then spread with the soft cheese.
Arrange the lettuce on the bagel bases, then share the carrot and raisins or sultanas between them. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with black pepper.
Share the grated cheese between them, then sandwich the bagel tops in place. Serve at once, accompanied by the cucumber and pepper sticks or wrap and keep cool until lunchtime.
- Tip 1: For packed lunch, pack in a small cool bag with an ice block to keep your bagel fresh.
- Tip 2: Use rocket, mustard & cress or watercress instead of shredded lettuce.
- Tip 3: For a change, use poppy seed or plain bagels – though they won’t provide as much fibre as wholemeal ones.
Nutrition per serving (i.e. per bagel)
- 15g protein
- 8g fat of which 2g saturates
- 42g carbohydrate of which 12g sugars
- 9g dietary fibre
- 392mg sodium
- 0.9g salt
More healthy recipe ideas
Fancy trying some more easy, healthy recipes? Why not give these a go...