NHS Choices is the online “front door” to the NHS. On average, more than 1.5 million visits are made to the site every month to search for information about GP practices. The GP profile is an opportunity for every practice in England that provides NHS services to manage its own information and publish it to a large audience. Many practices that already manage their profiles on NHS Choices regularly receive up to 500 visits a month.
Having a profile allows GP practices to edit and upload their own content, including images and videos. It also provides a perfect opportunity to highlight the specialist services they provide and how to access them.
What information can be displayed on GP profiles?
- General practice information such as address, contact details, prescription and appointment information, and opening hours.
- Information about patient vacancies and how to register with your practice.
- Information about facilities and services provided, including out-of-hours and specialist services and how to access them.
- All staff profiles.
- Available facilities, including accessibility information.
- Practice surveys and patient participation information.
- Images and videos.
How do I register for and manage my profile?
More than 90% of GP practices have already started updating their practice information on NHS Choices. If your practice does not manage its own profile, or you wish to confirm or add new editors/administrators for your GP practice’s profile, please contact the NHS Choices service desk to obtain your editing rights. Email email@example.com.
NHS Choices enables patients to submit feedback on services they have experienced with individual providers. Comments will appear on the relevant profile.
Find out how patient feedback works by visiting the patient feedback section, which includes a good practice guide on how to respond.