Farnham Hospital

01483 782000 Hale Road, Surrey , Farnham, Surrey, GU9 9QL

Anonymous gave Farnham Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Blood Tests

You should have more than one person taking blood after 11am Mon - Fri, waiting nearly 2 hours for a blood test is unacceptable!!!!!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 06 May 2016

Farnham Hospital replied on 07 May 2016

Thanks for your feedback.

We can't tell from your message when your appointment was (this week?) but the delay does sound frustrating. Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on Monday so that we can investigate it further? We'd need to know which team at Farnham Road Hospital you saw and the time your appointment.

You can call PALS on 01372 216202/216203/216204 or email pals@sabp.nhs.uk.

Anonymous reviewed Farnham Hospital

Blood tests

Agree with previous review about delays. Same problem week of 9th May on two separate days and still unsuccessful. Have contacted PALS for advice.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Farnham Hospital replied on 13 May 2016

We're sorry you experienced delays. Thank you for your feedback and thank you for contacting the PALS team.

Emma gave Farnham Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Rude Reception

I visited the hospital earlier this week for an ultrasound department and the way I was treated at reception in the X-Ray department has left me a little peeved. I arrived a little early, before the department was even open after lunch. So, along with two other patients, I waited for the department to open. All three of us were stood in the corridor as two members of staff swept past us and into the department to open up for the afternoon…no mention to us that we could make our way inside. As we did, I was second to be seen by the receptionist. They didn’t even look at me as they asked my name, I gave it to them but began spelling my surname as this can cause confusion but I was cut short as they asked my date of birth. I had barely even given them this information before I was cut off again and directed to the waiting area. I can understand hospitals can be extremely busy places and staff may be taught to be quick and efficient but there really was no need to cut me off like that. One person had already been seen and there was one other patient after me. As my ultrasound had finished and I walked out, there wasn’t a soul waiting to be seen! And I got the biggest smile and ‘thank you, good bye!’ as I left? No complaints about that but please, there was no need for the rudeness at the start…

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Anonymous reviewed Farnham Hospital

I was pleasantly surprised

I had never been to Farnham hospital till this appointment
I was pleasantly surprised at the moderness of it ,
There was a coffee shop and papers to buy .
People helped me were to go were I needed to go , and went in the room re blood were people were all waiting and it was warm , but hey a warm humid day so what does one expect..

The doctor I saw was really nice to my surprise, and seemed very understandling, calm , their assistant was just as good , I cant falter the service I had ,
Did I expect to go in dot on time, no if honest) but was only a few minutes late , think thats good for NHS

Roll on Farnham hospital

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 May 2016

Christine gave Farnham Hospital a rating of 4 stars

xray

I have recently moved to the area and had need of the xray department this week. I found the experience fine. There was no wait over quarter of a hour for my turn up and wait visit.
the service given was civic and efficient. this is a vaste improvement on the area covered by East surrey hospital that I have moved from.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 25 May 2016