Farnham Hospital

01483 782000 Hale Road, Surrey , Farnham, Surrey, GU9 9QL

IF reviewed Farnham Hospital

blood testing department closes early. understaffed?

I arrived at 15.40, a good 20 minutes before the last ticket is issued, as stated on the NHS website. Despite my timely arrival, I was turned away. This is not the first time. I have contacted PALS with feedback. I was told the department had only 1 phlebotomist on duty, and sometimes closes as early as 15.00. Is this a result of cost-cutting or bad management?

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 June 2016

Blood test

The waiting times for blood testing is unacceptable with often only 1 nurse working. Even when more staff working, the wait can be 15 minutes between patients.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 23 June 2016

Unhelpful.

A relative had been at this hospital for some time and at the time we thought they were okay at delivering and meeting her needs. When it came to organising her care package and travel home etc, it was absolutely awful. Never helped her into the car (yes we had to take a elderly woman who just came from rehab in the car by ourselves- with extreme difficulty!). On top of this, also found that they hadn't communicated sufficiently with the care team for her home care and therefore carers didn't know she had gone home! Also was no use whatsoever in helping us with her medication and with no knowledge of what the medication is for etc, it is impossible for me to give these to her - and carers are not allowed to do so, but she is unable to recollect her own medication and because of severe arthritis, it would also be impossible for her to organise them and take them independently. Overall, they have left us to sort everything out which has stressed us out to the maximum. It's dangerous, medical treatments and medications should not be forgotten about and the importance of setting up a routine for a patient to take these with ease. We relied on the team at the hospital to support our family and the transition home but nothing close to this! It has put a huge pressure on our family and potentially carries risks when we have no medical experiences and understanding of her tablets and treatment etc. They had a duty of care to meet the needs of their patient and working closely with families to do so, unfortunately they failed to do so sufficiently. This is only from one department, so cannot speak for the whole hospital.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 24 June 2016

Blood Tests

You should have more than one person taking blood after 11am Mon - Fri, waiting nearly 2 hours for a blood test is unacceptable!!!!!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 06 May 2016

Farnham Hospital replied on 07 May 2016

Thanks for your feedback.

We can't tell from your message when your appointment was (this week?) but the delay does sound frustrating. Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on Monday so that we can investigate it further? We'd need to know which team at Farnham Road Hospital you saw and the time your appointment.

You can call PALS on 01372 216202/216203/216204 or email pals@sabp.nhs.uk.

Anonymous reviewed Farnham Hospital

Blood tests

Agree with previous review about delays. Same problem week of 9th May on two separate days and still unsuccessful. Have contacted PALS for advice.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Farnham Hospital replied on 13 May 2016

We're sorry you experienced delays. Thank you for your feedback and thank you for contacting the PALS team.

Anonymous reviewed Farnham Hospital

I was pleasantly surprised

I had never been to Farnham hospital till this appointment
I was pleasantly surprised at the moderness of it ,
There was a coffee shop and papers to buy .
People helped me were to go were I needed to go , and went in the room re blood were people were all waiting and it was warm , but hey a warm humid day so what does one expect..

The doctor I saw was really nice to my surprise, and seemed very understandling, calm , their assistant was just as good , I cant falter the service I had ,
Did I expect to go in dot on time, no if honest) but was only a few minutes late , think thats good for NHS

Roll on Farnham hospital

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 May 2016

Christine gave Farnham Hospital a rating of 4 stars

xray

I have recently moved to the area and had need of the xray department this week. I found the experience fine. There was no wait over quarter of a hour for my turn up and wait visit.
the service given was civic and efficient. this is a vaste improvement on the area covered by East surrey hospital that I have moved from.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 25 May 2016