Royal Preston Hospital

01772 716565 Sharoe Green Lane North, Fulwood , Preston, Lancashire, PR2 9HT

344 total | 1 found Show all reviews

Anonymous reviewed Gynaecology at Royal Preston Hospital

Waste of an afternoon and no further forward

I have no issue with the department as a whole, reception staff and nursing staff were friendly and helpful. The consultant who I saw was not however. Having waited 3 weeks for the appointment, for something that had been causing me some worry, I was completely fobbed off and my questions brushed away. When either myself or my partner spoke we were interrupted and talked over, his bedside manner was just atrocious.

I tried my best to address this at the time and said I didn't feel I was being listened to, but again this was brushed over and I was too upset to try and argue it any further. I was made to feel almost foolish for being there and as though my medical issue was trivial, which it certainly isn't.

Having left with no help offered I have been forced to go back to GP for a private referral to someone else. It's a poor show but I know that I'll be treated differently by paying for private. I don't expect all the answers and certainly not straight away, but I expect to be treated with respect and treated as though I have some level or intelligence and understanding about my condition.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 16 April 2016

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 18 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. I was sorry to hear that the attitude and standard of communication from one of the medical staff impacted on what was otherwise a very positive experience.
Should you feel you would like to discuss the concerns you have raised as part of your feedback, please do not hesitiate to contact our Customer Care team on 01772 522521.