West Berkshire Community Hospital

Address: London Road, Benham Hill, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG18 3AS
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave West Berkshire Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

minor injury

I felt the need to say what a wonderful experience we had at the hospital's minor injury clinic from the reception staff to the doctors. The staff were friendly and helpful, quick and efficient and the surroundings were spotless. Hard to believe this is NHS and is an example to all.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Jennie gave West Berkshire Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very Efficient and No Waiting (like for A & E!).

I visited the Minor Injuries Unit this morning with a badly twisted ankle, and what I thought might be a broken foot. When I went in there was nobody waiting (!) and I was seen within a few minutes. The Nurse Practitioner examined my foot and after a thorough examination concluded that I had no breaks but a sprained ankle. (However there are X-Ray and plaster cast facilities if required, and also stitching for bad cuts). It was bliss to be treated so quickly and efficiently, and in a hospital with such an air of calm. (Such a change from my local A & E where I probably would have had to wait a good 2 - 4 hours).

I'll definitely come here next time (I'm quite accident prone)!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Johannes von Stumm gave West Berkshire Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

good care

On the 18th of October just before 22.00 I visited the West Berkshire Hospital in Newbury with an elderly patient.
The nurses at the reception and throughout our two hour stay were very friendly and extremely helpful.
The doctor and her team tried everything to help as much as they could before she referred us to the A&E department at Reading Hospital.
I was impressed by the cleanliness, the friendliness and the care we were looked after.
Thank you very much.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 19 October 2014

sharon gave West Berkshire Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

outstanding care

From the first time I stepped into the hospital for my appointment with the the podiatrist I was so impressed. From the receptionist to the nurses who are so friendly and welcoming, the ease of parking, finding a seat to getting a cup of tea is all so easy.
The hospital it self is so clean, well set out, one doesn't feel they are sat in a hospital waiting room, I loved the open plan.
The day bed ward was just as I expected probably more, as one could think your in a private hospital, the nursing staff made you fill at ease, the ward was spotless they had all the time you needed.
When it came to the operation the team were amazing, made me feel so calm, show such compassion, making sure at all times you feel fine and relaxed and not in pain.
I take my hat off to such an amazing team.
I wish they could show other hospitals how to do it, Number 1 hospital I would recommend anyone who has a choice of hospital on the NHS to go to Thatcham.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 27 October 2014