East Surrey Hospital

01737 768 511 Canada Avenue , Redhill, RH1 5RH

457 total | 1 found Show all reviews

Patricia Stack reviewed at East Surrey Hospital

Unexpected visit to E D !

I was taken by emergency ambulance to East Surrey Hospital on the 10th of December 2015 with chest pain after I had collapsed whilst attending a Victim Support Appointment.The Ambulance crew were so understanding,gentle and professional. When I arrived at hospital I was seen immediately by staff who were also so kind and knowledgeable that I was put at ease and soon was making a quick recovery. Blood tests , ESG ànd X Rays were done with great co ordination between departments. I was then asked if I wanted a sandwich and drink.The Dr came and informed me of the test results and said they would be informing my GP and suggested I was to be reffered to the Cardiology clinic.I know that this is not an unusual way in which East Surrey Hospital carries out its work as this is not my first time that I have been admitted for a similar reason . Many thanks to the whole team in ED. Have a great New Year in 2016 and keep up the good work .

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 10 January 2016

Patient Experience Survey Manager, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 16 January 2016

Dear Ms Stack,
Thank you for your feedback. What comes across in what you say is how our patients really appreciate being treated with kindness and how little things, such as being offered something to eat,can make such a difference to them.
Our staff in the emergency department will be very pleased to know that their kindness, as well as clinical care, was so positively received.
Cathy White