Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Telephone: 0121 627 2000
Address: Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, B15 2TH
Website: http://www.uhb.nhs.uk

emma gave Queen Elizabeth Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cleft patient

my consultants are both polite and friendly and make you feel at ease and do everything they can to reassure you one is a top consultant and surgeon and I am glad my treatment is at QE and under them. Been a inpatient in there twice now in the last year and always treated with respect and looked after well. Brilliant hospital in fact the best.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 06 May 2015

Queen Elizabeth Hospital replied on 08 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience. Your comments have been passed onto the senior hospital managers responsible for this service. They will ensure your feedback is shared with their team members.
It is a real morale boost for staff to receive feedback like this from patients. It means such a lot to know that the hard work, dedication and commitment of our staff is recognised and valued in this way. It is also very satisfying for staff to hear they have made such a difference and made sure your experience under our care has been positive.
At University Hospitals Birmingham we are always keen to receive feedback from our patients and visitors as it helps us to ensure we are delivering the best in care. Please continue to tell us if things went well so that we can share this with the teams who cared for you. If we don’t get it right please let us know so that we can take action to make sure we get it right in the future.
There are a number of ways you can do this, some of which are listed below;
- Fill out our patient experience surveys; we have them for day case or short stay patients, inpatients, and those who attend the Emergency Department. There are general surveys asking about all aspects of your experience as well as others relating to specific aspects of your stay e.g. the operating theatre and food. You may also be contacted by post and given the opportunity to complete a survey relating to your discharge from hospital or your outpatient attendance.
- Answer the Friends and Family Test question; you can do this as part of one of the larger surveys, alternatively you can answer it whilst in the Outpatient or Emergency Department – there are posters explaining the different ways that you can do this.
- Fill in a Trust feedback leaflet, displayed in all patient and public areas – please ask staff if they are not easily visible.
- Become a ‘mystery patient’ and tell us about your experience, you can do this just once or each time you attend the hospital.
For further information on these and other ways you can give us your feedback please contact patientexperience@uhb.nhs.uk or telephone us on 0121 371 4491/2

MLH 511 gave Orthopaedics at Queen Elizabeth Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Unplaned hip replacement

From the moment I arrived in A and E till the moment i Ieft 5 days later I could have not have expected any better treatment .From cleaners and helpers to the top consultant
I could not have been treated any better .The kindness ,gentleness and knowledge,of the staff was amazing .I dont think many people realise how hard the staff work for the benefit of the patients.I had a really good experience and thank the staff of ward 410 wholeheartedly .

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

toothless reviewed Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Had two very bady infected molars removed today, I'd just like to say thankyou..

Had two very bady infected molars removed today, I'd just like to say thankyou to the MaxilloFacial Department (the dentist esp and the unnamed nurses) for being very nice, very professional, It only takes 1 person to spoil everything, even the little smiles go a very very long way. the lady at reception was great as well, I kid you not I rarely give feeback: )

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015 using Patient Opinion

Queen Elizabeth Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Queen Elizabeth Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment after scan results

Following a scans in October and November for another medical problem it was discovered that I had two small adenomas on my left adrenal gland so I was asked to attend the Nurse-Led Adrenal clinic which I did on 14th April. The Adenomas show benign characteristics. I was seen by a member of staff who explained everything in great detail and was very reassuring, and brought me up to speed on the investigating that was to be done and explained everything in everyday language without talking down to me. My appointment was at 11.00am and I was seen at 11.00am, had blood taken, left urine sample, received detailed instructions for next visit and picked up tablet from pharmacy and was in Harbourne having lunch before 1.00. Having said all that nothing was rushed just well organised. I elected to attend this hospital even though I live in Nottinghamshire but at the moment it seems that its worth the 2hr train journey.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Dave Moore gave Queen Elizabeth Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day care

Literally fom the moment I arrived in reception until leaving the unit I was treated extremely well by very professional and very friendly staff. Being a slightly anxious patient, the attitude and professionalism of all of the staff I came into contact with made my brief stay extremely comfortable and relaxed.

The above review relates to East Block Day Unit.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Anonymous gave Queen Elizabeth Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Endoscopy Outpatients

I recently attended for an OGD and was highly impressed by the professionalism, care and positive attitude of all staff that I encountered, the explanations of each stage of the process and the communication post procedure was excellent, they all made a distinctly unpleasant procedure into as positive an experience as it could posibly be.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 April 2015

Queen Elizabeth Hospital replied on 22 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of the Outpatient Endoscopy Service at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience. Your comments have been passed onto the senior hospital managers responsible for this service. They will ensure your feedback is shared with their team members.
There are a number of ways you can do this, some of which are listed below;

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal cancer services at Queen Elizabeth Hospital a rating of 1 stars

this hospital is a joke!

Do not go to this hospital!

nothing but problems, no one calls you back, forgotten to be given medicine for the last 7 months! all i got was a sorry no one gave it to you! appointment cancelled then not being given one for another 3 months! nurses moaning about you in the background when your on the phone, the finally straw was when the person form Pals just put the phone down on me because I said I wanted to change hospitals and have had nothing but trouble, their reponse was 'Good luck bye' and just slammed the phone down! its laughable really!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 02 April 2015

Queen Elizabeth Hospital replied on 08 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We welcome all feedback and would like to assure you that all comments are taken seriously and acted upon as part of our ongoing commitment to improving patient experience.

We are very sorry that you had such a poor experience as we aim to provide a very high standard of care. We can see that you posted this feedback a few weeks ago; unfortunately it was delayed in reaching the organisation. We are keen to understand more about what has gone wrong. In order to do this we would appreciate it if you could make contact with us at your convenience and provide us with your details.

If you would like to do this please contact Will Forrest, Assistant Patient Relations Manager via email will.forrest@uhb.nhs.uk or telephone 0121 371 4452.

Anonymous reviewed Cancer Services at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Cancer of the pancreas

Given the nature of this cancer I am very upset that my partner has got to wait until the 22nd of June to have surgery.
3 months wait for this hopefully life saving operation can only cause distress to her plus allow the tumour to grow making success even harder.
Surely the situation needs addressing asap.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 March 2015

Queen Elizabeth Hospital replied on 27 March 2015

We are very sorry that your partner’s scheduled operation date is much later than expected. We understand that you may have already made contact with us via PALS and that we are already looking into your concerns. If this is not the case, please make contact at your earliest convenience so that we can do our best to help where possible.
PALS can be contacted by phone 0121 371 3280, by email PALS@uhb.nhs.uk, via the hospital website http://www.uhb.nhs.uk/pals-form.htm or in person by dropping in between 9am – 5pm (Mon-Fri) to the PALS office located near the Information Desk in the main entrance of the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.

Addie reviewed Queen Elizabeth Hospital

The kindness of the volunteers at QE is outstanding

Mum broke her wrist and at 93 with alzheimers and not being very energetic (! ) she is not easy to take to Outpatients.
My husband took her in the car and was immediately helped by the buggy driver who took charge of her while my husband parked. When My husband returned from the car park, mum was happily settled in the waiting area and ready for her appointment.
The kindness of the volunteers at QE is outstanding... surpassed only by the staff. Every nurse and doctor Mum saw treated her with humour and kindness, and the plastering team were gentleness itself.
Thank you. It makes a difference and is appreciated.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015 using Patient Opinion

wolves66 reviewed Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Basic care On a Ward

The basics were sometimes appalling and if they cannot get those right you know there is an accident waiting to happen and as in life in general until something major happens nothing will be done but then it will be too late.
There was poor knowledge of the patient from staff which you need to give them the best care, changeovers seemed shambolic as information not passed over, patients notes made up, pain relief system awful, hydration of patient disgusting, information to family hard to come by if I am being generous, important notes on wall behind bed ignored. Lack of any plan for rehabilitation.
Many staff were brilliant, students excellent but something somewhere is terribly wrong. I have my ideas but as I have said basics are basics for heavens sake and there can be no excuse for that.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 14 March 2015 using Patient Opinion