Queen Mary Hospital

Address: Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 5PN
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous reviewed Queen Mary Hospital

Availability of x-Ray service

It is not immediately obvious from the web-site(s) as to whether this unit offers an X-Ray service, necessitating a phone call to find out. (Some MIUs and walk-in centres do and some don't). (Also, depending on which NHS website you access, it refers to Queen Mary's as being a mental health service.) To avoid staff having to deal with queries like this about, e.g., perhaps someone could look at the website and amend? Thanks.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 13 April 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 11 May 2015

Thank you for posting your comments about your attempts to find information. We are very sorry to read of your experience. There can sometimes be confusion between the Mental Health services at Queen Mary's Hospital and the services that come under St. George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. We do have a Radiology service and the opening times for Radiology at Queen Mary's Hospital is Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 11am – 4pm. We have forwarded the concern to the communication team and to NHS Choices also.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Good Service, Long wait

Cut chin open playing football. Waited for nearly 3 hours! with an open wound before being seen. Nurse was really good though and had it stitched up quickly and allowed to go.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 06 May 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent onto the Minor Injury Unit.

MichaelW gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Great diligence from Nurse in Minor Injuries

Thinking that Roehampton had a full A&E Department, I went there after being knocked over by a cyclist in Upper Richmond Road. I suspected that I had a broken bone in my shoulder. Although we had to wait for over an hour, once the receptionists saw that I was in severe pain, they escalated me and a Nurse was exceptional. X Rays, calls to Kingston and St Georges to see if an orthopaedic surgeon could see me (to no avail sadly, but not the fault of staff) , and providing me with Xrays to take to my FP on Monday.

I cannot commend the nurse enough for her caring, empathetic, professional approach. Thank you.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 24 April 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 06 May 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be passed onto the Minor Injury Unit.

PP gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service- Acute care unit

I had been to the hospital, thinking there was a burns unit. I was sent by my practice nurse for a dressing on my back for burns I sustained spilling boiling hot tea when working at home. The staff were so understanding and didn't ask me to leave as the unit had shifted to Chelsea and Westminster. My injury was quite extensive covering the back on huge left side. The nurse in the acute care unit, was so efficient , they cleaned the wound, took pictures and did an e- referral to the burns unit and Chelsea and Westminster hospital and got me an appointment to be seen there immediately. Two weeks on and I am fully healed. I salute the team at this unit and thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

suzanne gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Minor injuries level of care very poor

turned up in excruciating sciatic pain on a Sunday morning after having had two consecutive nights of no sleep. Wasn't examined in any way. Instead the nurse told me to take 2 extra paracetamols and I was given some crutches. The promised physio referral at my local GP surgery arrived 5 days later for me to make an appointment (so I may get to see one next week if I'm lucky, 8-10 days after this started). All of that gave me another sleepless night till I could get some proper care from an acupuncturist and my excellent GP surgery. I was treated like a time waster who just had to pull herself together. I wasn't but my visit to QM was definitely a waste of time I won't repeat again.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 14 March 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 20 May 2015

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with your treatment. If you would like to talk to the service about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help.

Mrs Katy Mason MBIE gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Office manager

I was recently in your hospital and walked passed suite 2 as its near the blood testing. I witnessed someone shouting at a member of staff in front of an entire office of staff. I enquired as to who the person shouting and embarrassing that member of staff was, and was informed it was the 'office manager'. This was disgusting. If they had that much of an issue with any member of staff it should have been dealt with in the privacy of an office (assuming they had one) away from the entire office and patients!! That poor young member of staff looked mortified. No management should behave so unprofessionaly in a hospital.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 March 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 11 May 2015

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read of your experience. I have forwarded your comment to the manager of the outpatient's service at Queen Mary's Hospital.

nuts reviewed Queen Mary Hospital

I called my crisis support line over a weekend, when I felt very distressed,...

I called my crisis support line over a weekend, when I felt very distressed, anxious, upset and at risk of self harm.
I have used this service a many times over the years, as a whole they have been very supportive, empathetic, given advice - where needed, supported me in the home - ( when referred ) and generally excellent.
On this occasion I felt like Very un-supported, questioned as if they were reading from a manual, no understanding was given, the call was very abrupt. I did question it and was told the service had changed - which I felt its a shame that as a service user its a shame that were not informed? or asked our opinion?
The person I spoke to who did try to get me to use some of my distraction techniques - which really didn't work for me. Then in an angry tone repeated them back to me, and said this has not worked, this hasn't worked and so on... They then said to me, we have been on the phone now 20 minutes all I can do is call you an ambulance, bye I have to go now.
I do appreciate the cuts to the system and how hard staff work, but I was shocked and felt pretty awful after that call, and feel the need to flag it up for the benefit of others.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 May 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen Mary Hospital has not yet replied.

Nadja B gave at Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great nurse in minor injuries unit

I wanted to say thank you to the nurse who treated me on Saturday evening 31stJan - a real asset to the hospital and NHS

She was very caring and professional

I hope she will be their again in case I need her help :)

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 03 February 2015

AK gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

5 stars for Audiology Clinic

Amazing- 3 months after visiting GP got my hearing aid fitted. Staff all kind, caring and conscientious. Was recommended this clinic by a friend and I will most certainly recommend this to other friends. Can't praise this service too highly. Thank you !

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 06 May 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be passed onto the service.

Emma gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urgent Care were fantastic !!

I would like to compliment the urgent care team for their prompt and professional service recently .. In particular the consultant who saw me ... He was not only very understanding but explained so much and advised the best course of action any doctor has given me in months following some major surgery . The medicine he prescribed has left me pain free and able to carry on and resume my daily activities without a problem and I couldn't be happier . Thank you so much :)

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 06 May 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments have been passed onto the Minor Injury Unit.