Queen Mary Hospital

020 8487 6000 Roehampton Lane , London, SW15 5PN

Breast clinic

First visit to QM's Breast Clinic - very efficient service and staff, great facility, thank you.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 11 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind words about the very efficient service and staff; will be sent to the manager of the service, who in turn will inform the staff.

Daniela Rianjongdee gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pharmacy

I would like to thank the Pharmacy staff for such an efficient and friendly service.
They were very helpful with my daughter’s prescription and I would like to thank them on her behalf too.
Best Wishes
Daniela

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 18 January 2016

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 18 January 2016

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are very pleased to read that you found the service helpful. Your comments will be passed onto the management of the department.

Liz AndertonHolloway gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Case Unit - Endoscopy

As a senior Healthcare professional, I write to bring to your attention and to commend the excellent experience I had in the Day Case Unit at Queen Marys Hospital Roehampton on Tuesday 19th January 2016.

I was referred by my GP for a colonoscopy mid December and the appointment came through very quickly for the date above.
Everything about this experience was excellent from start to finish including the first communication with the appointment date and information leaflet containing good, thorough and a useful explanation of the prep and the procedure.
I collected my prep from the unit a week before my appointment and the senior nurse spent some time talking me through the preparation and what to expect on the day. I was given telephone numbers and contact details if I had any further questions.

On the day I was greeted by a named nurse who was lovely, very friendly, warm but professional and they put me immediately at ease.
Then unit was pretty full but the atmosphere was quite, calm and restful.
My every need was taken care of and their pre op assessment was thorough, informative and efficient. My privacy and dignity was respected throughout and I could see the same for other patients in the unit.
The unit was spotlessly clean and the team regularly washed their hands, particularly between patients.

They were kind and considerate of what was ordinarily a difficult and uncomfortable examination but I cannot fault their care and attention throughout my visit.
Post operatively they again were very thorough and thoughtful and we left with all the information to hand about my condition including a follow up appointment for clinic in 3 months’ time.

It is not often I find I am compelled to write a letter or email to praise the service I have received but feel this was excellently run and I was so impressed I felt I must inform you of my experience from a patient perspective.

As a ex Registered Manager myself in the past, I know how difficult it can be to manage resource, juggle budgets and meet patient expectation but my personal and clinical observations of this experience were so positive I felt this should be communicated to your organisation.

I do hope this is useful feedback.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 22 January 2016

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 25 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your words of appreciation about the way staff members communicated with you and cared for you will be sent to the managers of the service.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

receptionists are extremely rude

The receptions were very rude, they asked me 'what's the problem' rather than 'how can we help'. They didn't make me feel welcome or comfortable even though I was suffering from so much pain. I went a previous time with friend as she hurt her wrist. We arrived 5 mins after closing, the doors were locked so we rang the phone, the receptionist ignored our call even though they could see us standing outside.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 25 January 2016

We are very sorry that your experience is below the standard we expect for our patients. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is available to investigate or feedback comments on services that patients have experienced. PALS would be able to feed back to the area your dissatisfaction in the service your received and improvements can be made.
PALS is available on 020 8725 2453 or by email on pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Inpatient mental health services at Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lavender Ward

I'm very pleased with the standard of care I've had whilst in hospital. Staff have been very professional, approachable and caring. I also enjoy the food!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 04 December 2015

Claire Reid, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 07 December 2015

Dear Anonymous,
My name is Claire Reid and I am the Senior Patient Experience Co-Ordinator with the Trust. Thank you for your positive feedback about your experience on Lavender ward. I am pleased that you report that staff have been professional, approachable and caring and will share this post with them. I hope that you continue on your recovery journey and keep enjoying the food!
Many thanks,
Claire

Patient Opinion Logo

Jim A gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

90 minute journey - appointment cancelled!

Referred by my GP to this hospital. After a 3 month wait for an appointment today was finally the day to head out on a 3 hour round-trip to Roehampton. Upon arriving the receptionist told me my appointment had been cancelled and there was no consultant available! Apparently "someone should have been trying to contact me" but of course no one had. I was then told the next available appointment would be in 2 months time. At that point I walked out of the hospital in discust. I am absolutely fuming. Not only have I taken a day out of work to travel 3 hours for my appointment but I now have to wait another 2 months. I understand the NHS is under strain but this is completely unacceptable. Alas... I am sure absolutely nothing will be done to make this up to me and I'll just have to suck it up :(

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 December 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 22 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on your concerns with Queen Mary's Hospital. We are very sorry that your experience is below the standard we expect for our patients and relatives. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is available to investigate or feed back comments on services that patients have experienced. By providing PALS with more information on yourself PALS would be able to feed back to the area your dissatisfaction in the service and help with communication.
PALS is available on 020 8725 2453 or by email on pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk The telephone is busy but PALS make every effort to contact patients and to help.

Really good, caring service

Perhaps I was a little lucky in that I visited the Minor Injuries Unit on a wet Saturday afternoon when quite a few sports fixtures may have been rained off but I was seen within a reasonable time for a knee injury sustained after tripping on a step - clean waiting room (though It would have been good to have a couple of higher seats where someone finding it hard to bend a knee could have waited - a very minor quibble), had friendly and excellent care from the duty staff and radiologist in the X-Ray department and clear straightforward advice on how to treat the injury and what precautions to take while it heals. Top marks for this much valued NHS facility.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 07 November 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 13 November 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injuries unit. Your comments about service and the chairs will be sent to the managers of the service. In turn they will inform the staff.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I can't speak highly enough...

I have visited the Minor Injuries unit today and was seen very quickly in fact I was back home within an hour which was fantastic. I do realise that this is not always possible and indeed I have had to wait much longer in the past which is completely understandable. The staff were absolutely brilliant and my nurse practitioner could not have been kinder or more professional. It was actually a real pleasure to talk to them even whilst they were draining the pus out of my foot! I cannot speak highly enough about the professionalism and intelligent care I received and I would recommend anyone to visit this service, even if the wait is much longer it is well worth it. (One small thing, the form I am filling in to post this review will only allow me to fill in the department I visited as Don't Know or Inpatient Mental Health Services)

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 08 November 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 13 November 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injuries unit. Your comments about the care and treatment provided to you by the staff and especially the nurse practitioner; will be sent to the managers of the service. In turn they will inform the staff.

Anonymous gave Inpatient mental health services at Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Waited months for an appointment

Waited 4 months for an appointment and on that day when we had our appointment less than our before it the receptionist called but left no voicemail and with no respect we were not even said sorry for our inconvenience got another appointment 5 weeks later. It is utterly ridiculous!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 03 November 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 13 November 2015

We are sorry to read of your experience and dissatisfaction with the communication you have received. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453. If you get an answer machine please leave a message with a contact telephone number for the service to ring you back.

S. Dubois gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor Injury Clinic visit, Sat. 14-11-2015

Great service! Nurse extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Gave very professional advice on what to do with my sprained anckle and took the time to show and explain the X-rays, which seldom happens.

Only one minor point: the hospital's webpage should draw patient's attention to the fact that while the Minor Injury Clinic opens at 08:00 on Saturdays, the X-ray department does not open until 10:00.

Many thanks to hospital staff!!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 14 November 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 17 November 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injuries unit. Your comments about the extremely knowledgeable and helpful nurse, and the suggestion about the information on the opening times, will be sent to the managers of the service. In turn they will inform the staff.