Queen Mary Hospital

Telephone: 020 8487 6000
Address: Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 5PN
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wow what a great hospital!

Could not believe the service at this hospital - like being in a nice hotel rather than an NHS hospital. All of the staff I encountered were completely helpful and friendly - asked me if I knew where I was going etc if I looked even a little bit lost, smiled at me and apologised for being about 5-10 minutes late when I now fully expect to wait for about an hour after my scheduled appointment time before seeing someone and so on. Really nice surroundings and a very clean and peaceful feel to the place as well. Actually the nicest hospital I have ever been to. Basically how you would hope all hospitals would be but never are! Would definitely go back! (I was in Radiology)

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 02 July 2015

Queen Mary Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Canceled appointment yet again

I have today for the third time had my appointment cancelled I first saw the specialist in the Urology department on the 8th January scan following week on 13th I had gallbladder operation at Kingston on 27th Jan I was to return to Queen Marys about 8 weeks after op to see if my kidney had settled down maybe thinking it all could be linked I attended Queen on 17th of may taken morning off work to be told oh sorry app cancelled you should have had a letter.Well I didn't otherwise would not have been there Rebooknow 14th May this time did get a letter a week before cancelling that app to today 18th June another morning off work arrived to be told oh sorry app been cancelled again no letter or phone call this time and the specialist is away for 6 months so yet again have to see someone else.Now this next app is 1st JulyThat will now be 23 weeks since my first app without seeing anyone .When I asked if I could go to Kingston told no would have to go back to my Gp I find this is not acceptable as I am still suffering I thought there where guide lines of time you had to see someone Totally feed up

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 18 June 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 19 June 2015

Thank you for your comment on your visit to Queen Mary's Hospital. We are very sorry that your experience is below the standard expected for our patients.
Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). PALS can communicate with Queen Mary's Hospital and ask the service for help in sorting out your concerns. PALS would be able to feed back to the area your dissatisfaction in the service your received with more details from you.
PALS is available on 020 8725 2453 or by email on pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk If you get an answer machine - please leave a message and contact telephone number clearly.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unbelievably bad treatment

I have prostate problems including advanced prostate cancer,
On 14th March I consulted the urology department of St Georges Hospital. Who referred me for an urgent urodynamics test at Queen Marys Roehampton.
I finally received an appointment at 9:30 on the 18th May.
More than two months seemed a long time for an urgent appointment. However I arrived punctually for the appointment but was then shuffled between clinics and was finally told that I had been given an appointment for the fitting of a vacuum pump for erectile dysfunction| Not of much interest to me.
I asked why and was told to wait for a supervisor. After another 30 minutes a person appeared and said that “It was a simple mistake. I would be sent a new appointment for the test but none were available although a new set of appointments would be released on Friday the 22nd”.
I made my way miserably home, and the next day posted a letter briefly explaining what had happened and asking for help in expediting the new appointment to get results before my next consultation.
The consultant replied two weeks later regretting the mix-up and saying that they were requesting a new appointment urgently.
Since then –
Nothing
No letter of explanation or regret from the administration
No appointment after 3 months
No urodynamics test
No nothing.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 June 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 16 June 2015

It is with regret we read of your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital and would like to offer you the opportunity to talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience; further investigation can take place,and possible help given. Please either email pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or telephone PALS on 020 8725 2453. If you get an answer machine please leave a message with a contact telephone number for the service to ring you back.

Anonymous reviewed Queen Mary Hospital

Availability of x-Ray service

It is not immediately obvious from the web-site(s) as to whether this unit offers an X-Ray service, necessitating a phone call to find out. (Some MIUs and walk-in centres do and some don't). (Also, depending on which NHS website you access, it refers to Queen Mary's as being a mental health service.) To avoid staff having to deal with queries like this about, e.g., perhaps someone could look at the website and amend? Thanks.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 13 April 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 11 May 2015

Thank you for posting your comments about your attempts to find information. We are very sorry to read of your experience. There can sometimes be confusion between the Mental Health services at Queen Mary's Hospital and the services that come under St. George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. We do have a Radiology service and the opening times for Radiology at Queen Mary's Hospital is Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 11am – 4pm. We have forwarded the concern to the communication team and to NHS Choices also.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Good Service, Long wait

Cut chin open playing football. Waited for nearly 3 hours! with an open wound before being seen. Nurse was really good though and had it stitched up quickly and allowed to go.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 06 May 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent onto the Minor Injury Unit.

MichaelW gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Great diligence from Nurse in Minor Injuries

Thinking that Roehampton had a full A&E Department, I went there after being knocked over by a cyclist in Upper Richmond Road. I suspected that I had a broken bone in my shoulder. Although we had to wait for over an hour, once the receptionists saw that I was in severe pain, they escalated me and a Nurse was exceptional. X Rays, calls to Kingston and St Georges to see if an orthopaedic surgeon could see me (to no avail sadly, but not the fault of staff) , and providing me with Xrays to take to my FP on Monday.

I cannot commend the nurse enough for her caring, empathetic, professional approach. Thank you.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 24 April 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 06 May 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be passed onto the Minor Injury Unit.

PP gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service- Acute care unit

I had been to the hospital, thinking there was a burns unit. I was sent by my practice nurse for a dressing on my back for burns I sustained spilling boiling hot tea when working at home. The staff were so understanding and didn't ask me to leave as the unit had shifted to Chelsea and Westminster. My injury was quite extensive covering the back on huge left side. The nurse in the acute care unit, was so efficient , they cleaned the wound, took pictures and did an e- referral to the burns unit and Chelsea and Westminster hospital and got me an appointment to be seen there immediately. Two weeks on and I am fully healed. I salute the team at this unit and thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Norma gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pain department

I would like to praise all the staff in the Pain Clinic for their understanding and patience, they are all so helpful and kind nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. I have always found the hospital to be very clean and tidy so thank you to all who work there.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 05 June 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 16 June 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about the staff will be forwarded to the manager.

suzanne gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Minor injuries level of care very poor

turned up in excruciating sciatic pain on a Sunday morning after having had two consecutive nights of no sleep. Wasn't examined in any way. Instead the nurse told me to take 2 extra paracetamols and I was given some crutches. The promised physio referral at my local GP surgery arrived 5 days later for me to make an appointment (so I may get to see one next week if I'm lucky, 8-10 days after this started). All of that gave me another sleepless night till I could get some proper care from an acupuncturist and my excellent GP surgery. I was treated like a time waster who just had to pull herself together. I wasn't but my visit to QM was definitely a waste of time I won't repeat again.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 14 March 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 20 May 2015

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with your treatment. If you would like to talk to the service about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help.

Mrs Katy Mason MBIE gave Queen Mary Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Office manager

I was recently in your hospital and walked passed suite 2 as its near the blood testing. I witnessed someone shouting at a member of staff in front of an entire office of staff. I enquired as to who the person shouting and embarrassing that member of staff was, and was informed it was the 'office manager'. This was disgusting. If they had that much of an issue with any member of staff it should have been dealt with in the privacy of an office (assuming they had one) away from the entire office and patients!! That poor young member of staff looked mortified. No management should behave so unprofessionaly in a hospital.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 March 2015

Queen Mary Hospital replied on 11 May 2015

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read of your experience. I have forwarded your comment to the manager of the outpatient's service at Queen Mary's Hospital.