Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services

Address: Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 5PN
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous reviewed Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services

Availability of x-Ray service

It is not immediately obvious from the web-site(s) as to whether this unit offers an X-Ray service, necessitating a phone call to find out. (Some MIUs and walk-in centres do and some don't). (Also, depending on which NHS website you access, it refers to Queen Mary's as being a mental health service.) To avoid staff having to deal with queries like this about, e.g., perhaps someone could look at the website and amend? Thanks.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 13 April 2015

Anonymous gave Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 3 stars

Good Service, Long wait

Cut chin open playing football. Waited for nearly 3 hours! with an open wound before being seen. Nurse was really good though and had it stitched up quickly and allowed to go.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015

MichaelW gave Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 4 stars

Great diligence from Nurse in Minor Injuries

Thinking that Roehampton had a full A&E Department, I went there after being knocked over by a cyclist in Upper Richmond Road. I suspected that I had a broken bone in my shoulder. Although we had to wait for over an hour, once the receptionists saw that I was in severe pain, they escalated me and a Nurse was exceptional. X Rays, calls to Kingston and St Georges to see if an orthopaedic surgeon could see me (to no avail sadly, but not the fault of staff) , and providing me with Xrays to take to my FP on Monday.

I cannot commend the nurse enough for her caring, empathetic, professional approach. Thank you.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 24 April 2015

suzanne gave Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 1 stars

Minor injuries level of care very poor

turned up in excruciating sciatic pain on a Sunday morning after having had two consecutive nights of no sleep. Wasn't examined in any way. Instead the nurse told me to take 2 extra paracetamols and I was given some crutches. The promised physio referral at my local GP surgery arrived 5 days later for me to make an appointment (so I may get to see one next week if I'm lucky, 8-10 days after this started). All of that gave me another sleepless night till I could get some proper care from an acupuncturist and my excellent GP surgery. I was treated like a time waster who just had to pull herself together. I wasn't but my visit to QM was definitely a waste of time I won't repeat again.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 14 March 2015

Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services has not yet replied.

Mrs Katy Mason MBIE gave Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 1 stars

Office manager

I was recently in your hospital and walked passed suite 2 as its near the blood testing. I witnessed someone shouting at a member of staff in front of an entire office of staff. I enquired as to who the person shouting and embarrassing that member of staff was, and was informed it was the 'office manager'. This was disgusting. If they had that much of an issue with any member of staff it should have been dealt with in the privacy of an office (assuming they had one) away from the entire office and patients!! That poor young member of staff looked mortified. No management should behave so unprofessionaly in a hospital.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 March 2015

Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services has not yet replied.

Nadja B gave at Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 5 stars

Great nurse in minor injuries unit

I wanted to say thank you to the nurse who treated me on Saturday evening 31stJan - a real asset to the hospital and NHS

She was very caring and professional

I hope she will be their again in case I need her help :)

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 03 February 2015

AK gave Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 5 stars

5 stars for Audiology Clinic

Amazing- 3 months after visiting GP got my hearing aid fitted. Staff all kind, caring and conscientious. Was recommended this clinic by a friend and I will most certainly recommend this to other friends. Can't praise this service too highly. Thank you !

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

Emma gave Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 5 stars

Urgent Care were fantastic !!

I would like to compliment the urgent care team for their prompt and professional service recently .. In particular the consultant who saw me ... He was not only very understanding but explained so much and advised the best course of action any doctor has given me in months following some major surgery . The medicine he prescribed has left me pain free and able to carry on and resume my daily activities without a problem and I couldn't be happier . Thank you so much :)

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015

Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services has not yet replied.

Mark Glasgow gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 5 stars

One of the problems these days is that people all to often rush to give...

One of the problems these days is that people all to often rush to give superlatives even when they are not really warranted; this leaves things a bit difficult when one needs to comment on something that really is 5 Star.

I went in this morning with very painful ear-ache and to be frank felt embarrassed at taking up their time with something that might appear rather minor - even if the pain was actually somewhat major.

The staff were exceptional; kind, understanding and more than willing to accept the issue was worthy of their time.

So the use of "5 Star" really is justified - a a real credit to the NHS

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 29 January 2015

Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services has not yet replied.

Clarissa gave at Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services a rating of 2 stars

Near Death Experience

On one occasion I was an Inpatient on Rose Ward in November last years for a period of less than 12 hours before moving to my normal ward, Lavender.

I suffer with severe Bi-polar Affective Disorder, along with other diagnoses and have Chronic history of Suicide Attempts. I had come straight from ward 136 at around 3am in the morning, with no staff members seeming interested in helping me find my way to my room and failing to talk to me at all.

After a long night, I attempted to hang myself, suspended, in my bedroom on the ward at around 12pm. I fell unconscious and only woke up in St Georges Recuss. I was only found because my Keyworker came to bring me clothes and so the staff apparently came to get me and found my hanging at just before 1.30pm.

Having been on the ward such a short period of time, supposedly I was on 15 minute checks, however, I was left hanging for almost an hour and a half.

At St Georges I was told be medical professionals I was lucky to be alive, and it was a miracle that I hadn't been paralysed or resulted in serious physical health complications.

A safeguarding case was brought up and I have just found out today that it has been closed with no further investigation. I was honestly shocked. I almost died. That could be anyone. This level of care is by no means acceptable. Either the staff were not doing their job properly, or they left me. If it wasn't for my Keyworker (from the community) coming to bring me clothes, how long would it have been until I was found?

I can't explain the anger I know feel towards the NHS Mental Health System. Not just because it was my life, but for the closure of the case. I find this absurd. I am not happy at all with the little that was done to follow up from this serious incident. I have had no involvement in what was done, no one has asked me about what I think/feel about the situation, and I just feel like the NHS are sweeping problems like this under the carpet.

I have been involved with the NHS Mental Health team from the age of 12, and an Inpatient at various different units all over London and I know this happens far too often.

I have a close friend who committed suicide on an NHS Mental Health Ward last June, who was found too late. Checks were not properly completed and a young girls life has gone.

I survived. So if I don't speak out, who will?

I will be taking further action with this matter.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 07 February 2014

Queen Mary Hospital - Mental Health Services replied on 31 July 2014

Thank you for your review which was also posted on Patient Opinion and we responded.

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with us and apologise for the delay in replying on NHS Choices.

I would also like to apologise for the distressing experiences you have described and I hope you are now on your way to recovery.

I would like to reassure you that the Trust takes all such incidents very seriously and, if you are the person I have in mind, following the events you described an internal investigation was carried out to look at what could have been done differently in your case. If you would like a copy of the internal investigation you please come forward and identify yourself – if you are you are the right person I have in mind and you would like to come and speak to someone at the Trust to go through the investigation report then please contact me at complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk and we will facilitate this for you.