St Margaret's Hospital

01992 561666 The Plain, Epping , Essex, CM16 6TN

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Lack of information/knowledge

Called up to check on the progress of a resident that had been admitted 2 days prior. Was informed that she was well, on the ward and was in 'good hands' and that everything needed would be done before discharge - spoke to a family member 5 minutes later who advised me that she had been moved to another hospital in a different area the day before. Slightly concerning that they don't appear to be able to keep track of the patients that they do/do not have on the ward!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 29 April 2016

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at St Margaret's Hospital

Telephone calls to Physiotherapy

No one calls you back, I have seen reception staff talk about their weekend and let calls go to the answerphone. Its been like this for years if you ever have to contact them about cancelling an apt or booking a new one. Really lets down the good service that the medical team offer overall.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 08 January 2016

Hello Adele reviewed St Margaret's Hospital

Telephone contact

Excellent service from Physio practitioner but appalling approach to telephone calls, telephone messages and getting back in contact with patients. I have tried to call them three times in three days asking for a call back about an apt I had to cancel and no response even to say they cannot help or the person I need to speak to is not available. I have over the years sat in the department and seen some reception staff let calls go to answerphone when they have just been talking about their weekend to a colleague! Working in a front line public sector job myself I know how important it is to give good front line service. Sadly this department has a bad reputation in the locality on this point and I am saddened that this overall good service is being let down by sloppy front of house skills.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 08 January 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Physiotherapy

We are told that missed appointments cost the NHS millions. The Physiotherapy dept. of St. Margarets, Epping, appointment cards give an O/P number which is permanently engaged. I am advised by the main switchboard (very helpful) that it is incorrect. This makes it very difficult for helpful patients to cancel. I will check that they correct this in a few days time and update.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 02 December 2015

Angela Kenny gave Ophthalmology at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very unpleasant experience

I received a 'choose and book' letter and made my appointment as a follow up to an appointment in June where cataracts had been identified in both eyes. I was advised that I would have eye drops and not to drive so my husband took a day off work to accompany me. I saw a doctor who from the outset their manner was brusque and boardered on rudeness. The doctor told me that I had the wrong appointment and questioned why I thought I had cataracts. Neither of the answers to these questions where within my control. The doctor made me feel that I was wasting their time. The doctor tested my sight, very briefly, and then bluntly told me that I should not be driving (devastating to me as I cannot get to work without a car). The doctor did not use drops to examine my eyes and when I queried this was told that the doctor did not need to and quoted the 1000's of people they had seen. I explained that this was the advice I had been given and hence my husband taking a day off from work. The session continued in this vein and ended after a form was pushed towards me requesting a signature. I questioned what I was signing and was told " the operation and that you understand the risks involved." I replied that the doctor had not told me so I was then told that I would go blind without the operation and there is a very small chance of anything going wrong so I might as well have it. I was devastated by the doctor's lack of empathy only made up for with their abundance of arrogance. I thought of all the more elderly patients they had seen before me and how they had been treated. Their closing remarks where to not leave the building without booking an appointment. I attempted to do this (another long story here) but there were none available in the time frame they had advised so it was booked for 18.50 on New Year's Eve!
After some consideration I decided that I wanted nothing to do with this doctor and cancelled the appointment on the Monday and went to my doctor to be referred again. This doctor may be a brilliant clinician but I do not want them anywhere near my eyes thank you. I work in a hospice and my husband works in GOSH. We both have enormous respect for the Doctors and staff in the NHS and this man discredits all the hard work that we see around us.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 23 November 2015

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI

Attended for an MRI.
Easy to park and appointment was on time.
Very friendly and informative.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 28 November 2015

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI experience

I recently had an MRI scan and can honestly say the staff were very pleasent and made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. They made sure that I was comfortable once in the machine and explained about the noise. Also that I could stop at any time. All in all a pleasent experience.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 23 September 2015

Claire gave Respiratory Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

X ray Dept at St Margarets.

It took me longer to fill up my car with petrol today than it did for me to wait and have CXR at St Margarets !!
Fantastic customer service , lovely Radiographer.
Well done St Margarets !!

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 20 July 2015

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My mother was recently discharged from Popkar ward thank you to all the staff she had excellent care and is doing well at home

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 07 August 2015

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Really do not understand previous negative feedback

When visiting my uncle yesterday a young visitor was telling everyone about the negative views on this site.We were all shocked as our experience has been so different.Uncle Ted arrived at this hospital following a very negative experience in another hospital.The care has been wonderful the rehabilitation team especially the nurses who have encouraged him every step of the way.The fact that my Uncle has dementia has made their job challenging at times but we visit every single day and staff have been so patient so kind so caring to all the family. We are now planning his discharge and can't thank the staff on Poplar ward and then Plane ward enough

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 03 May 2015