St Margaret's Hospital

Telephone: 01992 561666
Address: The Plain, Epping, Essex, CM16 6TN
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous reviewed St Margaret's Hospital

I can't get hrough to anybody over the phone

Is anyone there?
I have been left on the end of a telephone for 30 minutes with no reponse just contant ringing.
Also the same for Princess Alexandra

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 March 2015

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital Comment

All I needed to do was confirm an appointment time, after 30 minutes of being passed around and told "its not my job" I gave up. There must be so many wasted appointments just down to the fact that you cannot speak to anyone.

This phone system has got too big for its own good

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Tried to keep a open mind after reading the poor reviews

Visited my 87 year old grandad on the rehab ward the plane today . I had seen some poor reviews already online but wanted to judge for myself. I have to say the reviews are correct the staff were unfriendly and un approachable tried to gain some info about how my grandad was doing and if he had even eaten very poor response. This was over the weekend it was like the staff didn't want to be there or we were a bother to them . Patients were calling for help no one came I even had to get the nurses attention for one gentleman . I tried to talk with the sister no one approached us.my poor grandad didn't even have his id on his wrist I asked about this I got told it's on his table isn't it yes that's true but it was the old for whipps cross . Such a uncaring unprofessional attitude that's why nurses get such a bad press in the media. I only hope things improve here and my grandad gets the service he deserves . If not I will be moving him from there ASAP. The last cqc report was in 2010 and two standards were not met around staffing and safeguarding this comes as no surprise to me at all I hope cqc re visit this year and make some enforcements maybe then positive changes will occur much needed I think.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 17 January 2015

Kari gave Orthopaedics at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Physiotherapy

I have been impressed by the Physiotherapy department. My personal physiotherapist has asked the right questions to reach a very good programme for me to follow. I quickly improved following the routine and have gained confidence from the positive attitude in the department.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 26 January 2015

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Does the management even care no one replies to the reviews

I am so disappointed with regards to the so called rehab ward the plain it's a joke after 10 weeks of my grandad being at whipps he was transferred to st margarets for rehab within less than one week with no progress made in fact he was worst the ward manager starts talking about discharge it's a complete joke the staff have no idea about what is rehab and the best way to support people back into the community no one cares. The ward may look new and clean but the service is poor with even poorer management. You leave reviews and no one comments from the hospital. I hope changes are made before something serious occurs. Please if your loved one gets referred here refuse this it's not worth it believe me. I will contact pals or cqc about my concerns maybe then action will be taken who knows . I hope it's not just targets that are the focus here.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 01 February 2015

Anonymous gave Haematology at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Lack of Facilities

I am leaving feedback on behalf of my elderly aunt, who does not have a computer. She would like to write to complain but there’s no info on this website about complaints procedures or phone numbers to call for PALS. My aunt is 90 years old and took a taxi to a blood test. After her test she needed to phone the taxi for the return journey home. The telephone in the building where she was apparently hasn’t had a working public telephone for approximately two years and, she said, the staff don’t like patients using their phone to book taxis. My aunt had to walk, with her bad hip, partially-sighted and age-related infirmity, across to the other side of the hospital, in wind and rain, so she could phone for a taxi. This is totally unacceptable and indicates a substantial lack of caring on the part of the hospital. She said it seems the hospital assumes everyone has a mobile phone now so they don’t provide public pay phones; if this is true then their assumption is incorrect and shows a considerable lack of understanding about the people who use their services.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 01 January 2015

Silvi Gonzalez gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Sent to X-Ray department as an emergency

My GP arranged for me to go to St Margaret's as an emergency to have X-Rays of my foot taken. Once we arrived I gave my details to the receptionist who weren't the friendliest or the most professional to be honest. I then waited perhaps an hour and then was taken to have my X-Rays done. The Radiographer was very professional and efficient. After she called me back in and after looking at the X-Rays and seeing the extent of my injury she was very sympathetic and warm. Overall a great experience considering the circumstance I was there under.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 14 January 2015

terence silverton gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

my after care service after flow test and echo scan

I have had to visit the Urology dept oak unit on various occasions over the past and have been pleased with all on my visits But on last visit for a flow test and scan I was informed that I would have to see a urology consultant and that a letter would be sent to me with an appointment date I have waited for many several weeks for this letter but to no avail so I have telephoned the department 3 times had to leave a message always busy each time I have left a message with all my details but no one has returned my call considering I do not know why I was told that I would have to see a consultant and past problems with prostate I am obviously concerned so why no return of calls

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 November 2014

Plane Ward St. Margaret's - would not recommend

My father came here for rehab post a long hospital stay. When he arrived the staff physiotherapist had just resigned and there was nobody in place to replace her, due to this his mobility only declined in their care. My father is PEG fed (tube going into the stomach) and this was blocked by staff shortly after he was admitted. The staff are inexperienced and with little care or respect displayed to patients.
He also caught MRSA within this unit.
The treatment within this unit is more than poor, our families experience showed that St. Margaret's caused a decline in my fathers health instead of rehabilitating him. I would not recommend St. Margaret's to other families with vulnerable loved ones.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

merlin reviewed St Margaret's Hospital

out patient

I have been an outpatient for about three years, with damaged sciatic nerve, after a hip operation, having appointments twice a year. Somehow I seem to have missed an appointment, I have tried ringing for an appointment, for a week, several times a day, I go through different recorded machines, keep hanging on with no reply. I need to see someone.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 09 September 2014