St Margaret's Hospital

Address: The Plain, Epping, Essex, CM16 6TN
Website: Website address not added

Kelly G gave Geriatric Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful kind staff

My mum has recently been on Plane ward the care she received was first class
The nurses doctors and therapists were just brilliant.Mum has made an amazing recovery
Thanks to you all

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 02 May 2015

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Really do not understand previous negative feedback

When visiting my uncle yesterday a young visitor was telling everyone about the negative views on this site.We were all shocked as our experience has been so different.Uncle Ted arrived at this hospital following a very negative experience in another hospital.The care has been wonderful the rehabilitation team especially the nurses who have encouraged him every step of the way.The fact that my Uncle has dementia has made their job challenging at times but we visit every single day and staff have been so patient so kind so caring to all the family. We are now planning his discharge and can't thank the staff on Poplar ward and then Plane ward enough

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 03 May 2015

Carmel gave Geriatric Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Poplar Ward

My grandad had excellent care Thanks to all the staff

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 04 May 2015

millie gave Geriatric Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

would highly recommend

my husband was discharged last week from Plane ward the care was so amazing.The staff worked hard to get him walking again .Nothing was too much trouble
Everyone worked so hard and we're always happy

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 02 May 2015

Angela foster gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Disrespectful Receptionists in the Physiotherapy Unit

I had an appointment today with an amazing physiotherapist. Very competent, professional, helpful and just very pleasant. As indeed was their colleague. I was extremely satisfied with the service I received.
However, the reception area was a completely different experience. On entering the department I went straight to the reception desk to check in. There were two receptionists on duty, both sitting at the same computer clearly in the middle of something which was absolutely fine. They were both aware of my presence but chose to completely ignore me and carry on with whatever they were in the middle of, which I was completely fine with as I presumed it would only be a few seconds before one of them came over to book me in. But unfortunately after standing for some minutes feeling quite awkward it became clear they were not in any hurry to do this and so I started to wonder if I was mistaken in thinking I needed to book in at all? So I turned to another waiting patient and asked what the process was, ie do I just need to take a seat or do I need to book in. She said I did need to book in, and with this one of the receptionist finally looked up and asked in a very unfriendly way and whilst remaining in their seat which was some way from the front desk, what my name was. When I told them they simply asked me to take a seat. They did not appear to update anything and it made me question why they hadn't just done that when I initially went to the desk if that was all that was required. I was quite astounded by their rudeness and to be frank, their hostility. It was quite unnecessary and incompetent of them to act in this way and made me feel quite awkward which I'm sure is not how you are expected to feel when turning up for an appointment.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Anonymous reviewed St Margaret's Hospital

I can't get hrough to anybody over the phone

Is anyone there?
I have been left on the end of a telephone for 30 minutes with no reponse just contant ringing.
Also the same for Princess Alexandra

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 March 2015

Steady Eddie gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An x-ray in 5 minutes!!!

Walked in, reception sent me to X-ray department, changed clothes, zapped, changed back and left (based on previous experiences at other hospitals, I paid for 4 hours worth of parking!!!). Totally amazed and would highly recommend. Great friendly staff.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you for your compassionate care

I would like to personally thank all of the staff for taking such good care of my father through his recent stay at St Margaret's.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but the quality of care and genuine empathy from staff really meant a lot during a difficult time for me.
He needed extra attention, but they made sure I felt comfortable about the healthcare they were providing him with, and ensured everything was organized safely when he came home.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 02 May 2015

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital Comment

All I needed to do was confirm an appointment time, after 30 minutes of being passed around and told "its not my job" I gave up. There must be so many wasted appointments just down to the fact that you cannot speak to anyone.

This phone system has got too big for its own good

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 March 2015

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Tried to keep a open mind after reading the poor reviews

Visited my 87 year old grandad on the rehab ward the plane today . I had seen some poor reviews already online but wanted to judge for myself. I have to say the reviews are correct the staff were unfriendly and un approachable tried to gain some info about how my grandad was doing and if he had even eaten very poor response. This was over the weekend it was like the staff didn't want to be there or we were a bother to them . Patients were calling for help no one came I even had to get the nurses attention for one gentleman . I tried to talk with the sister no one approached us.my poor grandad didn't even have his id on his wrist I asked about this I got told it's on his table isn't it yes that's true but it was the old for whipps cross . Such a uncaring unprofessional attitude that's why nurses get such a bad press in the media. I only hope things improve here and my grandad gets the service he deserves . If not I will be moving him from there ASAP. The last cqc report was in 2010 and two standards were not met around staffing and safeguarding this comes as no surprise to me at all I hope cqc re visit this year and make some enforcements maybe then positive changes will occur much needed I think.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 17 January 2015