Check here for alerts

Royal Hallamshire Hospital

0114 271 1900 Glossop Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF

538 total | 59 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

Susan kingston gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecologist anaesthetist tau staff and theatre stastaff

I was admitted to tau on Monday 14th November the staff who cared for me were kind and caring nothing was too much trouble the anaesthetist was understanding and very good they were informative and patient as I was very nervous my consultant was excellent and caring as usual Hence my preference to travel a long distance to be seen by them and not my local hospital thank you to you all

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 17 November 2016

Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 November 2016

Dear Susan
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. The staff involved will be very encouraged to receive your kind and positive words about their service.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Life saving surgery

My daughter was admitted to hospital following a suspected ectopic pregnancy. I can not praise the staff enough for their speedy assessment of the situation, the life saving surgery preformed and the care the 4 anaesthetists provided during her surgery.

Following her surgery she spent time on the Critical Care Unit where staff whilst caring for my daughter took the time to keep her husband and myself up to date on her situation.

The next morning following surgery and her being taken her off the ventilator the consultant surgeon visited her along with colleagues, informed her of what had happened and what they had done to save her life along with her future fertility.

She was later transferred to Ward G2. The staff there not only cared for my daughter but allowed her husband to visit well outside of usual visiting hours. This allowed him to support her following this surgery but also allow both of them to come to terms with losing their baby.

One doctor stands out for their care and kindness as not only did they visit my daughter twice a day to establish how well she was recovering but they also found the time in their busy day to listen to my concerns re my daughters emotional wellbeing.

I must thank the staff on the Critical Care Unit who followed up my request for a priest to visit my daughter, this gave me a great deal of comfort at this difficult time.

I would also like to thank the member of staff who visited my daughter following her surgery, this person had seen my daughter as she enter the unit and realised that she was unwell and gone to get assistance.

I feel that my daughter could not have received better care anywhere in England and will be eternally grateful to all concerned.

Words can not express my gratitude.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 29 November 2016

Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 December 2016

Dear Sir or Madam
I am very sorry to learn about the extremely difficult experience your family has recently been through, but wish to thank you for taking the time to leave these very kind words for our staff. Your feedback will be passed onto them and they will be greatly encouraged by them as they strive to provide high quality care and treatment with compassion on a daily basis.
We do send you our best wishes at what must still be a very difficult time for you all

magicerm gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hysreroscopy

Having visited the Jessop wing this week. I can only praise the excellent staff on the unit. The consultant was brilliant , very kind and reassuring. The clinic staff working together as a team , Whilst it is not a pleasant experience I am so grateful for their care and professionalism. The whole Jessop staff are a credit to the NHS. Well done everyone.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 October 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was pleased to hear that your experience of the service provided by the Jessop wing was so good. Your kind words will be passed on to the staff who value such good feedback.

Anne H gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding.

Today I had an appointment in the gynaecology department of the Jessop wing of the Sheffield teaching hospitals. I was called in before my appointment time, I saw the consultant who explained everything to me in terms that I fully understood which helped me decide the treatment plan I should have, the nurse that was there to assist was very kind and reassuring. The treatment was carried out at the consultation appointment which means I don't have to make another appointment. I was very grateful of the outstanding care I was given at the Jessop Hospital today. Thank you.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 23 August 2016

Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2016

Dear Anne,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your kind compliments about the service you received at the Jessops wing. Staff always appreciate and are encouraged by receiving such positive feedback.
Thanks again, with kind regards

Lorna gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Posterior repair

This was a second attempt at this surgery as the first was at a different hospital. The care at this hospital was amazing from the consultant to the cleaning staff.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 June 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 June 2016

Dear Lorna
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. This will be passed on to the staff concerned so that they are aware of your compliments.
Please accept our warmest wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sam smith gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Urology

I have recently had a gynae operation at Claremont hospital and I am having really bad pains after weeing I have been told I have a infection and on antibiotics for this .i have been referred to a consultant but I could be waiting for up to a month for this appointment.every time I wee I am doubled up in pain and I cannot seem to get anywhere at this moment.i spoke to someone on the phone but was not very helpful .the nurses were all brilliant at Claremont and really did everything they could to help with my pain but the consultants have the final say.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 November 2016

Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 November 2016

Dear Sam
Thank you for leaving feedback, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to look into this matter and would be grateful if you could provide more detail. You can do this by contacting our Patient Services Team, either by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them oat mailto:pst@sth.nhs

Sallykin gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admission to Ward G2

I was recently admitted to Ward G2 following surgery and cannot fault the care I received from theatre through to the ward. The staff of Ward G2 are caring and efficient and nothing is too much trouble. They are always ready with a smile and cheery disposition at a time when you need it the most. G2 is a bustling ward taking emergency admissions as well as planned admissions and the staff, particularly those on night duty, work very hard. My only negative comment, which in no way reflects the ward, is relating to the bland and tasteless food served up by the hospital. I wasn't well enough to have much of an appetite but on occasions I struggled to identify food in front of me from either sight or taste and it in no way tempted me to eat. Breakfasts are great because it is difficult to ruin cereals and toast. Anyone who is about to become an inpatient on Ward G2 should not have any worries about their stay as they will be looked after by a very caring and professional team.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 May 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 May 2016

Thank you for your kind words and compliments about the care provided on G2 ward. This will be passed on to the staff who always appreciate such positive feedback.
I was sorry however, to learn about your experience of the food here in the hospital. this too will be fed back to the service.
Thank you for taking the time to provide both good and bad feedback which is equally welcomed so that we know what we are doing well and where we need to look to make improvements.
Kind regards.

Andrea A gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class treatment!

Just had a small operation on Friday (endometrial ablation) the staff were excellent in the theatre admissions unit- I stayed on G2 overnight which also the staff again were excellent nothing was ever a hassle! It was a bit off putting reading some bad reviews from here before the operation -but I have to say I cannot see what these people see who put these awful reviews- I merely put it down to the individual! we cannot expect to have operations with no pain or discomfort there is no miracle but..... we can be kept comfortable just like the nursing staff did for me! The ward is constantly on the go and there is always somebody else worst off than ourselves- which should be taken into consideration before writing malicious reviews! it is now Monday I've recovered well! All back to normal! I'd recommend the procedure and the hospital! Thanks to all!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 March 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive viewpoint of your experience and for informing others of how it was for you.
Your kind words will be passed on to the staff involved as they do appreciate such compliments.
Hope that you continue to recover well. Kind regards

Sjk28 gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience

I initially went for my Pre op checks. The team were brilliant. I explained I was very apprehensive of my forth coming fibroid removal surgery. The nurse even arranged for me to meet an Anetheatist in order to answer and address my concerns which really helped to put my mind at rest.
Then on operation day I was well cared for prior during and after. Considering I was very wary and nervous they surpassed my expectation of what was to come. It was the staff including the anesthetist, registrar, consultant, nurses who all made the experience far more comfortable than I could ever have imagined. Thank you to all those who looked after me on G2. 10/2/16.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and other readers your experiences of using our services. I was pleased ot hear that all went so well.
Your kind comments will be fed back to the staff on G2 as they are always pleased to receive such compliments.

Sam smith gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Gynaecology

I came to see my consultant on the 4th Feb after having a operation in December 2015 and was admitted with high blood pressure and headaches.on the 6th Feb I was sent for a brain scan and was told the scan was fine.7 months later still having headaches and my gp asked if I have had a brain scan and I said yes back in Feb.They looked at the results and they told me they found a small cyst and I did not know.i let my consultant know and they did know I had been sent for a scan so I was not happy when I found out .

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 25 August 2016

Dear Sam,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to look into this matter further. Therefore we would be very pleased if you would contact our Patient Services Team. Either by phoning them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them at pst@sth.nhs.uk
With kind regards