Royal Hallamshire Hospital

0114 271 1900 Glossop Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF

489 total | 54 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

Anne H gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding.

Today I had an appointment in the gynaecology department of the Jessop wing of the Sheffield teaching hospitals. I was called in before my appointment time, I saw the consultant who explained everything to me in terms that I fully understood which helped me decide the treatment plan I should have, the nurse that was there to assist was very kind and reassuring. The treatment was carried out at the consultation appointment which means I don't have to make another appointment. I was very grateful of the outstanding care I was given at the Jessop Hospital today. Thank you.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 23 August 2016

Lorna gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Posterior repair

This was a second attempt at this surgery as the first was at a different hospital. The care at this hospital was amazing from the consultant to the cleaning staff.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 June 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 June 2016

Dear Lorna
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. This will be passed on to the staff concerned so that they are aware of your compliments.
Please accept our warmest wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sallykin gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admission to Ward G2

I was recently admitted to Ward G2 following surgery and cannot fault the care I received from theatre through to the ward. The staff of Ward G2 are caring and efficient and nothing is too much trouble. They are always ready with a smile and cheery disposition at a time when you need it the most. G2 is a bustling ward taking emergency admissions as well as planned admissions and the staff, particularly those on night duty, work very hard. My only negative comment, which in no way reflects the ward, is relating to the bland and tasteless food served up by the hospital. I wasn't well enough to have much of an appetite but on occasions I struggled to identify food in front of me from either sight or taste and it in no way tempted me to eat. Breakfasts are great because it is difficult to ruin cereals and toast. Anyone who is about to become an inpatient on Ward G2 should not have any worries about their stay as they will be looked after by a very caring and professional team.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 May 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 May 2016

Thank you for your kind words and compliments about the care provided on G2 ward. This will be passed on to the staff who always appreciate such positive feedback.
I was sorry however, to learn about your experience of the food here in the hospital. this too will be fed back to the service.
Thank you for taking the time to provide both good and bad feedback which is equally welcomed so that we know what we are doing well and where we need to look to make improvements.
Kind regards.

Andrea A gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class treatment!

Just had a small operation on Friday (endometrial ablation) the staff were excellent in the theatre admissions unit- I stayed on G2 overnight which also the staff again were excellent nothing was ever a hassle! It was a bit off putting reading some bad reviews from here before the operation -but I have to say I cannot see what these people see who put these awful reviews- I merely put it down to the individual! we cannot expect to have operations with no pain or discomfort there is no miracle but..... we can be kept comfortable just like the nursing staff did for me! The ward is constantly on the go and there is always somebody else worst off than ourselves- which should be taken into consideration before writing malicious reviews! it is now Monday I've recovered well! All back to normal! I'd recommend the procedure and the hospital! Thanks to all!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 March 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive viewpoint of your experience and for informing others of how it was for you.
Your kind words will be passed on to the staff involved as they do appreciate such compliments.
Hope that you continue to recover well. Kind regards

Sjk28 gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience

I initially went for my Pre op checks. The team were brilliant. I explained I was very apprehensive of my forth coming fibroid removal surgery. The nurse even arranged for me to meet an Anetheatist in order to answer and address my concerns which really helped to put my mind at rest.
Then on operation day I was well cared for prior during and after. Considering I was very wary and nervous they surpassed my expectation of what was to come. It was the staff including the anesthetist, registrar, consultant, nurses who all made the experience far more comfortable than I could ever have imagined. Thank you to all those who looked after me on G2. 10/2/16.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and other readers your experiences of using our services. I was pleased ot hear that all went so well.
Your kind comments will be fed back to the staff on G2 as they are always pleased to receive such compliments.

Sam smith gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Gynaecology

I came to see my consultant on the 4th Feb after having a operation in December 2015 and was admitted with high blood pressure and headaches.on the 6th Feb I was sent for a brain scan and was told the scan was fine.7 months later still having headaches and my gp asked if I have had a brain scan and I said yes back in Feb.They looked at the results and they told me they found a small cyst and I did not know.i let my consultant know and they did know I had been sent for a scan so I was not happy when I found out .

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 25 August 2016

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

G1 epu

I had to go to the epu on G1 on the 6th 7th and 8th jan 2016, i had some really bad news following a scan, but all the nurses and doctors i saw was lovely, and i felt really looked after, i was put at ease and dealt with in a kind and caring manor, i honestly cannot fault the staff at all.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Sam smith gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology

I came in on the 31st Dec 2015 for my left overy removed . Staff in tau were fantastic and looked after me well.my consultant is fantastic and took good care of me. I was in for nine nights because my bladder would not work very well with having a general anaesthetic.i was on g2 and they took good care of me. I am on hrt patches and no one came to talk to me about theses then when I was discharged I was sent home with wrong patches and tablets and it took my consultant three weeks to sort my medication out .on going to see them in clinic my blood pressure was very high and it was because I was left with out anything for three weeks.i am waiting to see uology because still in pain with my bladder.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 20 March 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback that gives feedback both good and bad. I was pleased to hear about the good service you received but this was then spolit with the discharge arrangments for which we are very sorry.
If you would like to raise this formally with the Trust and allow us the opportunity to respond please can you provide further details to our Patient Services Team on telephone number 0114 271 2400 or by emailing pst@sth.nhs
Thank you.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Outpatient waiting times Gynaecology

Why does it seem so difficult to get an outpatient appointment in Gynaecology? Last year a three month review turned into a 7 month one. In December was told I should have a 6 month review which is due next week. As I had not heard anything I phoned the appointments line and given an appointment for the end of June. Three days later this was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. No new appointment had been made just a note to say will be in touch in due course? How long is due course and how long a review appointment this time. I realise that this is a very busy clinic and that there are other women who have a more urgent need of an appointment than myself and would not want to take and appointment from someone more needy, but I am still a patient with problems who would like to get the chance to be seen. Its probably worse as I feel that when I am seen that I am talked down too and the consultant is so busy that they cannot remember what has been discussed from one appointment to the next, or that says one thing to me and writs another to my doctor. Please advise what is happening to the appointment system. The telephone appointments team are very lovely to talk too but I am sure that they feel very frustrated too.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 23 May 2016

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 26 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your care within our Gynaecology Department. I am sorry you have experienced problems in accessing appointments and if you would like us to look into this further for you, please do contact our Patient Services Team on pst@sth.nhs.uk or 0114 2712400 and they will be happy to take further details.

Chelsea Marsden gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Discraceful

Disgraceful how long we are still waiting for the results about our prossibal problems with pregnancy. There surly can't be one doctor working therter it takes two minuets to ring me with my result I don't understand the wait we've being sat worring for days after calling them loads all they have to say is the doctors not around at the muinet.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 13 November 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 December 2015

I am sorry to hear about the poor standard of communication. Your comments will be escalated to senior staff. If you wish our Patient Services Team to take this up on your behalf could you please telephone 0114 271 2400 or email mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk Thank you