Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Address: Glossop Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF
Website: http://www.sth.nhs.uk

256 total | 27 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

Gynaecology

The Gynaecologist and her team of nurses are quite frankly the most caring and compassionate medical professionals I have ever met. They made me feel safe and cared for during an uncomfortable proceedure. They showed interest in me as a person and my other health problems during the proceedure that put me at ease and made me feel respected and understood. I think other departments in the hospital have a lot to learn from this team.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 June 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

gynaecology outpatient

Now an outpatient at jessops, last year in terrible pain which may be due to ovarian cysts, though the consultant from previous hospital was going to discharge me, since then my GP referred me to the gynaecologist at Jessops, they have been really good, yesterday had a scan, and waiting for results which I am sure will b okay, if it is I have another appt in October for follow up. It is reassuring to know that you can receive a good standard of care and explanation of why and what Is wrong and how you treatment is going to be managed.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Lovely nurses at ward G1

I was admitted to ward G1 on Friday the 9th of May. I was very scared about my procedure and the nurses made me as comfortable as possible, when I was in pain they assured me they're here for me and I felt supported which helped me so much. Every nurse was so nice to me and helped me through a difficult time in my life, so I hope this gets back to them and they hear what wonderful people they were to me. Thank you so much.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 13 May 2014

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.

Clem Thompson gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pre op assessment

Staff on J2 were really friendly and welcoming and extremely thorough in their checks. The consultant on jessops wing was brilliant he made sure I understood the procedure that was to be carried out. Whilst having an op is not a pleasant prospect the staff and care of all departments at Hallamshire and at the Jessop has been brilliant so far. Now just to wait for the surgery. Hope it's all going to be the same when I stay in hospital for my operation.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 16 March 2014

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 27 March 2014

Dear Clem Thompson
Thank you for letting us have your feedback on your recent care at The Royal Hallamshire Hospital. I will ensure this is passed on to the staff involved.
I hope that you find your subsequent surgery and recovery go well.

Melly mek reviewed Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Emergency blood transfusion

I would just like to say , I was admitted for an emergency blood transfusion , was admitted 16 th feb and left 17 th ! I am having a fibroid removed on the 24 th feb ! The staff were exceptionally lovely and kind to me , one lady who was the staff nurse on the night shift of the 16 th was exceptionally nice to me ! She knows who she is and I'm grateful to her ! I'd like to thank the staff for all there help ! Melanie Hobson

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 10 March 2014

Dear Melanie Hobson
Thank you for taking the time to let us have your comments regarding your recent stay in the Hallamshire Hospital. I will ensure these are passed on to the staff involved. I hope your, subsequent, operation went well and you are making a good recovery.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Out patient appointment

Visited the Jessop hospital for an appt in October. First impressions were poor-old dirty magazines and cups of water left from a previous clinic. The doctor I saw was OK.Nurse in the room all the time, no explanation given. Doctor said she would arrange an MRI scan if appropriate. Nothing showed up on the scan. I asked for a copy of the report. It consisted of two lines and contained two errors. I was told by the secretary that I had to arrange a treatment,that was suggested by the clinic, with my GP. When I went to see my GP I discovered that copies of letters had not been received by the practice.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 05 February 2014

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the services you recently received at Jessop Hospital and I am sorry that you were not happy with the facilities or communication.
If you would like us to look into your concerns further please contact our Patient Services Team on 0114 271 2400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will be happy to take further details.

Jayne gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 3 stars

great nurses, specialist dr: cattle

Was an out patient for gynecology but discharged myself after specialist I was under didn't want to discuss my treatment with me, challenged me when I tried to speak about new symptoms and made me feel like I was part of a heard of cattle. Nurses were great really tried to explain everything that was happening and made sure I had all the information I needed.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 27 October 2013

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your recent care at The Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
I am sorry you did not feel that care given by the specialist was appropriate and if you would like us to investigate further please do contact our Patient Services Team on 0114 271 2400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take further details from you

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 1 stars

g1

i had a miscarriage on tuesday where i went to a&e at ngh staff wS great been a registered nurse myself i.umderstand procedures etc. however on transfer to g1 the nurse said cant she walk as was in a wheelchair. the nurses were sat at the nurses station. i asked to use the phone was told wheres your phone as it was dead. anyways before the doctor had been i was told my hcg was 16 very low i knew i was miscarrying. anyways the way the staff spoke to me was horrific no care or compassion im a nurse wouldnt dream of speaking to a patient how they would. went back today for repeat hcg which hca did however no nurse came to speak to me reguarding further questions etc which i had. the way the nurses acted was discusting. fantastic hcas!! and the wait for a dr to review blood is yoo long

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 11 July 2013

pre op assessment

Staff on J2 were really friendly and welcoming and extremely thorough in their checks. Only snag being given an afternoon appointment when having chest problems it was clear I would need to see the anaesthetist, however it was arranged for me to come back another day to see the doctor. Whilst having an op is not a pleasant prospect the staff and care of all departments at Hallamshire and at the Jessop has been brilliant so far. Now just to wait for the surgery.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 21 June 2013

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 02 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent pre-op assessment. I will ensure that this is fed back to staff and hope all goes well with your upcoming surgery.

Abbey Parkes gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Admitted for surgery after a miscarriage.

I was admitted to ward G1 this morning for surgery to remove what was left of my pregnancy. After initial being terrified of the procedure and attending on my own, the staff on the ward completely put me at ease. I was checked regularly during my long wait for theatre and staff explained everything several times before the time came and also checked that I didn't have any questions. The theatre receptionist was lovely even though I didn't feel like talking much. And the staff in theatre also put me at ease as did the recovery staff when I woke up. They quickly got me back up to the ward where the staff on G1 continued to be very supportive of me and my partner who had arrived whilst I was in surgery. The staff were very understanding of the long day I had had and were as eager as I was to get me off home where I wanted to be. In short I want to praise all the staff I saw today, there were so many I didn't catch every name but even so, they are all a credit to the NHS and I thank them sincerely for making a very difficult time easier for my partner and I. Thank you again.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 03 May 2013

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 09 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words about the care you received at The Royal Hallamshire Hospital recently, especially at what must be a very difficult time for you.
I will make sure that all the staff involved are aware of your feedbak and I hope you continue to recover from your procedure.