Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Address: Glossop Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF
Website: http://www.sth.nhs.uk

302 total | 33 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A day case operation for a gynaecological procedure

The team in TAU at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital on A floor, were fantastic. All the staff were wonderful and very accommodating. I went in for my procedure on March 17th 2015 and they were very busy, but I didn't feel as if their care for me was rushed or compromised in anyway. They were extremely efficient, professionally and caring. My consultant and anaesthetist were fantastic and again extremely professional and made me feel at ease and in control of my procedure. I would recommend the Royal Hallamshire Hospital to everyone who is having any kind of treatment. The NHS often get bad press but people forget that on the whole we are very lucky to have such a wonderful organisation full of professional, caring and efficient staff that love their job. Thank you to all the staff that were involved in my procedure and care.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

Jeta HJ gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

5pm appointment 24/3/2015 at GU MED with lovely member of staff.

Sophie,my fiancé, needed to replace her contraceptive implant so we made an appointment at GU MED. We're both very nervous when it comes to needles and blood but knew we wanted to do this so tried to be brave. When the member of staff in question fetched us from the waiting room we were immediately put at ease with their friendly manner and kind smile. They performed the procedure professionally and kept us destracted throughout. Unfortunately due to the anxiety of the situation neither of us caught the lovely person's name name! We really want to thank them again and let them know they are doing a fantastic job and helped us so much. A real credit to the royal hallamshire and the nhs in general. Thank you

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 March 2015

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Gynaecology Dept. examinations and small op.

My mums consultations were excellent.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 07 February 2015

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.

AnnoyingpatientNo1 gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent department and Staff on G2 Ward

What I liked

Having been admitted as an emergency, I had to wait a while to see the doctor and be fully admitted but the staff were amazing - keeping me updated on how long i'd have to wait until the doctor could see me to getting me something to eat at 3am in the morning. Having been admitted for an acute flare up of a long term condition there was little they could actually do for me, however i was treated with care and respect, even when i got quite upset - i was included in the treatment plans at each stage, and given as much support as possible. The nursing staff - especially one particular nurse and health care assistant on the Thursday night / Friday morning were absolutely amazing when i was in considerable pain and distress. The doctors i saw were equally lovely and i would not hesitate to choose to be admitted in future to this ward. Thanks G2 - you made an emergency admission just a little easier to deal with!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 16 November 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Excellent nursing care but...

Overall really excellent nursing care on this ward when I had to have a short stay here after surgery, however I was pretty shocked by one incident when the fitted catheter fell onto the floor (not sterile) and was then fitted back to me from being on the floor. This didn't seem sterile or common sense as the floor wasn't clean. I've had discomfort with this area since not sure if two are related.

The rest of my experience on this ward was good.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 24 October 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

friends and family doesnt work properly so posting here

Comments All staff very caring and showed such empathy during a difficult time. Very professional. Nothing was too much trouble for the health care assistants and nurses, one member of staff in particular was so kind even though she was delivering such terrible news, I will be eternally grateful for how informative, professional and kind she was. I was touched when staff made me some toast as I was hungry as I'd not felt well for breakfast at home that morning. They make a good cup of tea. Very obviously a nurse led department as doctors not visible. Department would benefit from a lick of paint as bits look a little tatty (eg counselling room wallpaper coming off and horrible dead looking plastic plants). Lunch menu, last revised in 2009 was a tatty photocopy of a photocopy the sandwich was horrible but served a purpose. No fruit available. The negative things don't really matter when you have brilliant staff.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

gynaecology outpatient

Now an outpatient at jessops, last year in terrible pain which may be due to ovarian cysts, though the consultant from previous hospital was going to discharge me, since then my GP referred me to the gynaecologist at Jessops, they have been really good, yesterday had a scan, and waiting for results which I am sure will b okay, if it is I have another appt in October for follow up. It is reassuring to know that you can receive a good standard of care and explanation of why and what Is wrong and how you treatment is going to be managed.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Gynaecology

The Gynaecologist and her team of nurses are quite frankly the most caring and compassionate medical professionals I have ever met. They made me feel safe and cared for during an uncomfortable proceedure. They showed interest in me as a person and my other health problems during the proceedure that put me at ease and made me feel respected and understood. I think other departments in the hospital have a lot to learn from this team.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 June 2014

Lovely nurses at ward G1

I was admitted to ward G1 on Friday the 9th of May. I was very scared about my procedure and the nurses made me as comfortable as possible, when I was in pain they assured me they're here for me and I felt supported which helped me so much. Every nurse was so nice to me and helped me through a difficult time in my life, so I hope this gets back to them and they hear what wonderful people they were to me. Thank you so much.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 13 May 2014

Melly mek reviewed Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Emergency blood transfusion

I would just like to say , I was admitted for an emergency blood transfusion , was admitted 16 th feb and left 17 th ! I am having a fibroid removed on the 24 th feb ! The staff were exceptionally lovely and kind to me , one lady who was the staff nurse on the night shift of the 16 th was exceptionally nice to me ! She knows who she is and I'm grateful to her ! I'd like to thank the staff for all there help ! Melanie Hobson

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Royal Hallamshire Hospital replied on 10 March 2014

Dear Melanie Hobson
Thank you for taking the time to let us have your comments regarding your recent stay in the Hallamshire Hospital. I will ensure these are passed on to the staff involved. I hope your, subsequent, operation went well and you are making a good recovery.