Royal Hallamshire Hospital

0114 271 1900 Glossop Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF

459 total | 49 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

Andrea A gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class treatment!

Just had a small operation on Friday (endometrial ablation) the staff were excellent in the theatre admissions unit- I stayed on G2 overnight which also the staff again were excellent nothing was ever a hassle! It was a bit off putting reading some bad reviews from here before the operation -but I have to say I cannot see what these people see who put these awful reviews- I merely put it down to the individual! we cannot expect to have operations with no pain or discomfort there is no miracle but..... we can be kept comfortable just like the nursing staff did for me! The ward is constantly on the go and there is always somebody else worst off than ourselves- which should be taken into consideration before writing malicious reviews! it is now Monday I've recovered well! All back to normal! I'd recommend the procedure and the hospital! Thanks to all!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 March 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive viewpoint of your experience and for informing others of how it was for you.
Your kind words will be passed on to the staff involved as they do appreciate such compliments.
Hope that you continue to recover well. Kind regards

Sjk28 gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience

I initially went for my Pre op checks. The team were brilliant. I explained I was very apprehensive of my forth coming fibroid removal surgery. The nurse even arranged for me to meet an Anetheatist in order to answer and address my concerns which really helped to put my mind at rest.
Then on operation day I was well cared for prior during and after. Considering I was very wary and nervous they surpassed my expectation of what was to come. It was the staff including the anesthetist, registrar, consultant, nurses who all made the experience far more comfortable than I could ever have imagined. Thank you to all those who looked after me on G2. 10/2/16.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and other readers your experiences of using our services. I was pleased ot hear that all went so well.
Your kind comments will be fed back to the staff on G2 as they are always pleased to receive such compliments.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

G1 epu

I had to go to the epu on G1 on the 6th 7th and 8th jan 2016, i had some really bad news following a scan, but all the nurses and doctors i saw was lovely, and i felt really looked after, i was put at ease and dealt with in a kind and caring manor, i honestly cannot fault the staff at all.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.

Sam smith gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology

I came in on the 31st Dec 2015 for my left overy removed . Staff in tau were fantastic and looked after me well.my consultant is fantastic and took good care of me. I was in for nine nights because my bladder would not work very well with having a general anaesthetic.i was on g2 and they took good care of me. I am on hrt patches and no one came to talk to me about theses then when I was discharged I was sent home with wrong patches and tablets and it took my consultant three weeks to sort my medication out .on going to see them in clinic my blood pressure was very high and it was because I was left with out anything for three weeks.i am waiting to see uology because still in pain with my bladder.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 20 March 2016

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback that gives feedback both good and bad. I was pleased to hear about the good service you received but this was then spolit with the discharge arrangments for which we are very sorry.
If you would like to raise this formally with the Trust and allow us the opportunity to respond please can you provide further details to our Patient Services Team on telephone number 0114 271 2400 or by emailing pst@sth.nhs
Thank you.

Patient Opinion Logo

Chelsea Marsden gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Discraceful

Disgraceful how long we are still waiting for the results about our prossibal problems with pregnancy. There surly can't be one doctor working therter it takes two minuets to ring me with my result I don't understand the wait we've being sat worring for days after calling them loads all they have to say is the doctors not around at the muinet.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 13 November 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 December 2015

I am sorry to hear about the poor standard of communication. Your comments will be escalated to senior staff. If you wish our Patient Services Team to take this up on your behalf could you please telephone 0114 271 2400 or email mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk Thank you

erm gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Jessop professional but friendly

An amazing service and very reassuring , Consultant was very reassuring I was given a clear plan of what would happen and treatment options. All the nursing and admin staff are really good.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 27 November 2015

Thank you for your kind words. Your compliment will be passed on to the Jessop Wing as our staff really do appreciate such positive feedback. Kind regards

Richard gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and compassionate care

My wife and I were treated with care and respect during a difficult episode. Nurses and doctors made time to answer all our questions. All our concerns were taken seriously.

We were seen quickly on both visits and the treatment was effective and efficient. It made all the difference to us, it really did.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 21 October 2015

Thank you Richard for your kind comments. I was pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. Kind regards

BarbaraC gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward G2 and TAU Hallamshire

I was recently in ward G2 after an hysterectomy. I would like to thank all the staff in the ward and in the TAU for their efficiency and friendliness. You made me feel cared for and reassured in going through a difficult surgery.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 15 July 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide your compliments on the care provided within the Trust. I hope that you are making a good recovery.
Your comments will be passed on to the staff involved who are always pleased to receive positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Kind regards.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

care during miscarriage

My husband and I lost our baby early on, our first. The team on G1 were incredible sensitive and helpful and a really amazing team. We felt supported from the moment we walked in and every step of the way, informed and part of the decision making process. I felt comfortable asking 1001 questions you associate with miscarriage, along with advice on next steps. I wish all departments were as friendly, helpful and genuinely caring like this one. Thank you to everyone for their support.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 May 2015

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby but have noted that the staff have been able to ease what must have been a very distressing and upsetting time for you and your husband. Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback at such a difficult time. Your comments will be fed back to the staff concerned. Kind regards.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

genetic screening

I attended a genetic counselling appointment at the Gynaecology Clinic.

The reception staff were friendly, the waiting room was clean and large enough for all patients awaiting to be seen.

I was seen by a consultant and two nurses. The two nurses were friendly and approachable.

First of all, the appointment letter did not mention what the appointment was for. I knew my GP wanted to refer me to the Clinic because of the history of cancer in my family but we had that conversation almost half a year ago. Two months ago I spent 3 days in hospital following turning up at the A&E with a horrible pain in my lower abdomen. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease was suspected and I was told my GP would be contacted to refer me for further testing, so I assumed that was the purpose of the appointment at the Clinic.

I understand the importance of being able to provide as much information as possible about the family history of cancer when being assessed for genetic risks but I feel was not given the opportunity to prepare. I only know my mother's family history and had I known what the appointment was for, I would have contacted my father's family beforehand to find out more as I know there might have been cases of cancer.

I contacted my father's family after the appointment and found out there were in fact 5 additional cases of cancer involving 2 of breast/ovarian cancer (what I am being screened for)! I was not given the opportunity to have this information at hand before the appointment.

The interview itself lasted 5-10 minutes and I was allowed to speak for maybe 15% of that time, only to provide short answers. I was asked basic questions such as age, whether I was a smoker, whether my cervical screening was up to date etc. I was briefly asked about my family's history but the interview was so rushed and I was completely unprepared. I tried to revisit and provide more information later but I was cut off by the consultant informing me that most patients' stories don't check out anyway.

I was told a written questionnaire would be sent to me at a later date.

Overall, I feel disappointed. I will be booking an appointment with a private consultant as I know I shouldn't ignore the risks and I know I can't stay on chemoprevention forever. I was repeatedly warned about the risks of chemoprevention during the appointment but no guidance was provided with regards to minimising the risk/alternatives.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.