Royal Hallamshire Hospital

0114 271 1900 Glossop Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF

440 total | 45 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

G1 epu

I had to go to the epu on G1 on the 6th 7th and 8th jan 2016, i had some really bad news following a scan, but all the nurses and doctors i saw was lovely, and i felt really looked after, i was put at ease and dealt with in a kind and caring manor, i honestly cannot fault the staff at all.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.

Chelsea Marsden gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Discraceful

Disgraceful how long we are still waiting for the results about our prossibal problems with pregnancy. There surly can't be one doctor working therter it takes two minuets to ring me with my result I don't understand the wait we've being sat worring for days after calling them loads all they have to say is the doctors not around at the muinet.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 13 November 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 December 2015

I am sorry to hear about the poor standard of communication. Your comments will be escalated to senior staff. If you wish our Patient Services Team to take this up on your behalf could you please telephone 0114 271 2400 or email mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk Thank you

erm gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Jessop professional but friendly

An amazing service and very reassuring , Consultant was very reassuring I was given a clear plan of what would happen and treatment options. All the nursing and admin staff are really good.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 27 November 2015

Thank you for your kind words. Your compliment will be passed on to the Jessop Wing as our staff really do appreciate such positive feedback. Kind regards

Richard gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and compassionate care

My wife and I were treated with care and respect during a difficult episode. Nurses and doctors made time to answer all our questions. All our concerns were taken seriously.

We were seen quickly on both visits and the treatment was effective and efficient. It made all the difference to us, it really did.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 21 October 2015

Thank you Richard for your kind comments. I was pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. Kind regards

BarbaraC gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward G2 and TAU Hallamshire

I was recently in ward G2 after an hysterectomy. I would like to thank all the staff in the ward and in the TAU for their efficiency and friendliness. You made me feel cared for and reassured in going through a difficult surgery.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 15 July 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide your compliments on the care provided within the Trust. I hope that you are making a good recovery.
Your comments will be passed on to the staff involved who are always pleased to receive positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Kind regards.

care during miscarriage

My husband and I lost our baby early on, our first. The team on G1 were incredible sensitive and helpful and a really amazing team. We felt supported from the moment we walked in and every step of the way, informed and part of the decision making process. I felt comfortable asking 1001 questions you associate with miscarriage, along with advice on next steps. I wish all departments were as friendly, helpful and genuinely caring like this one. Thank you to everyone for their support.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 May 2015

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby but have noted that the staff have been able to ease what must have been a very distressing and upsetting time for you and your husband. Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback at such a difficult time. Your comments will be fed back to the staff concerned. Kind regards.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

genetic screening

I attended a genetic counselling appointment at the Gynaecology Clinic.

The reception staff were friendly, the waiting room was clean and large enough for all patients awaiting to be seen.

I was seen by a consultant and two nurses. The two nurses were friendly and approachable.

First of all, the appointment letter did not mention what the appointment was for. I knew my GP wanted to refer me to the Clinic because of the history of cancer in my family but we had that conversation almost half a year ago. Two months ago I spent 3 days in hospital following turning up at the A&E with a horrible pain in my lower abdomen. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease was suspected and I was told my GP would be contacted to refer me for further testing, so I assumed that was the purpose of the appointment at the Clinic.

I understand the importance of being able to provide as much information as possible about the family history of cancer when being assessed for genetic risks but I feel was not given the opportunity to prepare. I only know my mother's family history and had I known what the appointment was for, I would have contacted my father's family beforehand to find out more as I know there might have been cases of cancer.

I contacted my father's family after the appointment and found out there were in fact 5 additional cases of cancer involving 2 of breast/ovarian cancer (what I am being screened for)! I was not given the opportunity to have this information at hand before the appointment.

The interview itself lasted 5-10 minutes and I was allowed to speak for maybe 15% of that time, only to provide short answers. I was asked basic questions such as age, whether I was a smoker, whether my cervical screening was up to date etc. I was briefly asked about my family's history but the interview was so rushed and I was completely unprepared. I tried to revisit and provide more information later but I was cut off by the consultant informing me that most patients' stories don't check out anyway.

I was told a written questionnaire would be sent to me at a later date.

Overall, I feel disappointed. I will be booking an appointment with a private consultant as I know I shouldn't ignore the risks and I know I can't stay on chemoprevention forever. I was repeatedly warned about the risks of chemoprevention during the appointment but no guidance was provided with regards to minimising the risk/alternatives.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.

Samantha smith gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology

I came in to have a procedure called endometrial ablation done under general anaesthetic in the day surgery unit on the 28th may 2015.from the moment I arrived the staff could not do enough for you.The nurse that looked after me all day exampled everything what was going to happen.like to say a big thank you to the anaesthetist and all the theatre staff all brilliant and a big thank you to my consultant who hopefully has sorted my problem . go back to Jessops in 4months.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 29 May 2015

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. Your kind words will be passed on to the staff concerned. Best wishes for the forthcoming appointment at the Jessop Wing - I hope all goes well.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Journey from clinic to surgery

I was referred by my GP last year for gynae surgery. Jessops consultant referred me to Urogynae consultant. Only downside was to have first two appointments cancelled. Staff in jessops outpatients could not be more helpful and friendly, explaining every procedure fully. The pre-assessment ward staff were cheery, friendly and put me at my ease - a credit to their profession. The Theatre Admissions unit staff were very busy but found the time to explain everything and keep me updated and informed of theatre time, again they were a credit to their profession. However, the 'unsung heroes' of this hospital have to be the theatre staff. They kept this very nervous patient feeling that they would be looking after me during the operation and the lovely Operating department practitioner who held my hand and comforted me whilst I was anaesthetised was an absolute gem. All the multidisciplinary theatre staff were amazing. I cannot comment on the recovery staff as I have very little recollection of my stay there, but if anything had been bad, I am sure I would have known. The majority of the staff on G2 were fantastic, caring, friendly and helpful. I was a little unfortunate to have had to juggle intravenous drips, catheters, dressings and a dressing gown without assistance on my first journey out of bed post op, and then be given more dressings to carry back to my bed by a staff nurse who either did not, or could not appreciate I had no more hands left with which to carry these! Please note the addition of a drip stand on wheels would have gone a long way to ease this struggle. However, overall a very positive experience, one I hope never to repeat. Would I recommend this hospital? A very resounding YES!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 08 June 2015

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A day case operation for a gynaecological procedure

The team in TAU at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital on A floor, were fantastic. All the staff were wonderful and very accommodating. I went in for my procedure on March 17th 2015 and they were very busy, but I didn't feel as if their care for me was rushed or compromised in anyway. They were extremely efficient, professionally and caring. My consultant and anaesthetist were fantastic and again extremely professional and made me feel at ease and in control of my procedure. I would recommend the Royal Hallamshire Hospital to everyone who is having any kind of treatment. The NHS often get bad press but people forget that on the whole we are very lucky to have such a wonderful organisation full of professional, caring and efficient staff that love their job. Thank you to all the staff that were involved in my procedure and care.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

Karen Danvers, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments regarding TAU at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. Staff always welcome positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed on to those involved.
I hope you continue to make a good recovery from your procedure.
Karen Danvers