Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Telephone: 01392 411 611
Address: Barrack Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5DW
Website: http://www.rdehospital.nhs.uk/

149 total | 19 found in Orthopaedics Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 5 stars

Orthopaedic surgery - foot

From the moment of booking in to Capener Ward and those Wards that I was transferred to after surgery, all aspects of nursing and medical care were maintained perfectly.
Listing the relevant areas and points would come across as 'staged' but I can ASSURE you; I would not want to go anywhere else for treatment.

The Hygiene Department, Catering and Portering, displayed total efficiency, discretion and respect. At no point was my dignity compromised during treatment by all Staff.

Please accept my sincere gratitude.

AAmes

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 14 February 2014

Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) replied on 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. It is always so rewarding to hear that the RD&E are continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most.

Tracy

Daniel gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't Be Better

What a fantastic hospital, All the staff I had dealings with were polite professional and knowledgeable. Every effort was made for me to be able on both occasions to go home the same day following my ACL replacement surgery.
Anytime If ever I need further hospital treatment I shall despite living more than 50 miles away be requesting to attend the RD&E.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 21 November 2013

Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) replied on 03 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your story and it is always so rewarding to hear that the RD&E are continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most.

spinal surgery

I can't praise this hospital enough for the care of our daughter from the pre operation treatment and the after care from her spinal surgery.All involved were caring and nothing was too much trouble for us both.Every department from the operating room to intensive care and the h d u units were all fantastic.After care for home treatment was clearly explained.Clean and a great representation of how the nhs should be.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 31 July 2013

Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) replied on 03 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your story and it is always so rewarding to hear that the RD&E are continuing to provide excellent care to patients and their families when they need it most.
Tracy

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 1 stars

Rude Staff

I've had to submit a complaint dues to the rudeness I have encountered by staff. Even the admin fails to care, citing the 6 months they have to respond, whilst doing nothing to hurry it along as I have been waiting since April for treatment (none yet). I am partially disabled in one shoulder, in pain & suffering an injury in the other shoulder. Despite encountering major issues in trying to get by day to day the consultant said it 'wasn't their problem' before they walked out the room.

The previous surgeon was fantastic and a caring person, something which is totally lacking in the staff he left behind. You'd think years of working with him, something of his style & ability to care about people would have rubbed off, but sadly not.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 29 July 2013

Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) replied on 03 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problems you experienced at the RD&E. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.
Tracy

Len Hepper gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 5 stars

Hip revision surgery

I have been so impressed with the care , both medical, nursing and ancillary, that I have received over the past 18 months.
My health has at long last been restored, following several years of questionable care at another orthopaedic hospital.
I was treated with respect, despite being a pensioner, advised fully of my medical problems and the treatment needed, and the required investigations and surgery were carried out quickly with no delays.

Visited in March 2012. Posted on 22 July 2013

Tracy

Left in Pain gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 1 stars

Drastic Reduction in Standards

Since on doctor's departure the standard of treatment for shoulders has hit rock bottom. I've had the consultant walk out of a discussion because I dared question his treatment plan (which i havn't agreed with but have been forced to follow). I waited 14 weeks from seeing the consultant for an ultrasound scan, that was back in May. I still haven't been contacted for another appointment, so heavens knows when treatmeant will begin. So much for the advertised 13 weeks!! I've I'm lucky it will be in 2013, but the way things are going I reckon it will take them a year to actually do any treatment. Awful, as I'm left having to manage on an arm for which I'm registered disabled!

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 24 June 2013

Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) replied on 03 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problem you experienced at the RD&E. we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.
Tracy

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 4 stars

Receptionist not paying attention to needs

I attended an appointment at RD&E fractures outpatients today. I arrive 30 mins early as I needed an X-ray and I was told to be early so I could get my hand looked at at the time of my appointment. I informed the receptionist that I was so early because I needed to go for an X-ray first, I then wait an hour to be seen only to be told - you need to go for an X-ray! The receptionist completely failed to pay any attention the the information I gave them. The waiting room wasn't even busy to distract them. Now I have to wait even longer for an indefinate amount of time whist my wife and baby wait outside in the car.

Very annoyed.

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 13 May 2013

A big thank you

I had both hips replaced at PEOC in September 2012 and Jan 2013 and, despite these being complex operations on poorly formed hips, the treatment, and after care on Tavy Ward, was first class. Appointments were kept, staff clearly explained what was going to happen and the ward staff took wonderful care of me. Even the food was good compared to previous hospital experiences.

My only reservation was poor communication about pain relief medication for the first operation, which was quickly rectified by the doctors and nurses once the problem was realised.

When I needed an urgent after care appointment this was arranged for the next working day, which I was very impressed with.

All in all a great hospital and first class staff.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 28 April 2013

Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) replied on 03 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry for the delay in replying back to you. If you still have any concerns, please call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.
Tracy

Harry Humphreys gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 5 stars

Broken ankle

Just signed off after broken ankle operation, hospital stay and aftercare. Throughout I met nothing but kindness,courtesy and professionalism from all the staff involved.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 10 April 2013

Tracy

Mrs Dorothy Tuley gave Orthopaedics at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford) a rating of 5 stars

My recent time spent in hospital.

I have recently had a knee operation in RDE hospital and I feel I must take this opportunity to say how good and pleasant a stay it was. I was in over the Easter holidays on Dyball Ward and I couldn't fault the staff at all. Right from the start we were all made to feel comfortable and our visitors were given a little extra visiting time, which it being the holidays was much appreciated. Everyone of the staff without expectation was friendly. The ward was kept clean and tidy at all times. The nurses were attentive and made you feel nothing was too much trouble. My only criticism would be the bottom sheet on my bed,it was for ever sliding down, the nurses then having to keep returning to the bed to pull the said sheet back up. A solution to this would be simple,have a fitted sheet on the mattress.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 08 April 2013