Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Address: Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY
Website: http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

2 experiences at this hospital neither good

If you can go somewhere else take the opportunity

Broken foot 4 different diagnosis from 4 consultants none given at hospital all given at local doctors by hospital letter

Family member in stroke ward. No visible nursing. Father treated at papworh and Ipswich hospital both had a more visible nursing staff far more kind and attentive. Norwich and norfolk nott so. press call button 10 min minimum waiting time nurses can't be bothered when they do attend. Don't do change over during visiting time if you can't be bothered to answer visiters concern of loved ones the halt hand and were changing overt followed by no follow up is cruel. If we could take our loved one somewhere else we would.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 10 December 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 19 December 2014

We are sorry to hear about your experiences at our hospital. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service may be able to help if you are having difficulty getting information about your relative's care. Please contact PALS at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk or telephone 01603 289045.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

first trip to a & e

This was my first trip to a&e and went in at about 6pm last night. Was expecting to wait hours but was seen within 20minuites. I cut myself pretty bad as all of the staff were very friendly amd reassured me. I felt very pleased with the service and was moved to a private room very quickly. A lot of people seem to moan about the nhs but i can now see just how much pressure they are under and they still do a fantastic job. The only down side was a drunken man shouting and swearing at me but he was delt with quickly. Very pleased amd felt i was treated with the upmost respect. Will definitely recommend and would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who helped me.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 17 December 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 19 December 2014

We are pleased to hear that the staff were able to reassure you during your trip to A&E. Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your experience and we will pass your comments to the A&E matron.

Wifey gave Neurology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dunston Ward

My husband was admitted to Dunston ward for some investigations. I was impressed by the excellent care he received on the ward, and by the cleanliness of the ward area. Many thanks.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 18 December 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 19 December 2014

Thank you for telling us that Dunston Ward was clean and that the care was excellent.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A satisfied patient yet puzzled !

What I liked

My visit to the dermatology department yesterday was successful even though a little puzzled when the young doctor told that as from today I must not expose myself to the sun. I had to smile since I just told her that I have never exposed myself all my life to the sun. What chance do I have to get sunburnt in November and the coming months!. Nevertheless she proceeded to say it. The young doctor was lovely and I felt with a smile.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 18 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 19 December 2014

Thank you for telling us about your experience in Dermatology. We will pass on your feedback to the team.

Anonymous gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endocrinology and Day Surgery

I have been attending the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for over two years, with an operation a few weeks ago. During that time I received exceptional care from all members of staff , even though it was obvious that they were very busy. The Day Surgery Unit was extremely busy ,yet I was treated by everyone with great care, consideration and expertise.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 19 December 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from surgical assessment team

I took my daughter to this hospital with suspected appendicitis on Saturday evening. We received excellent care from the nurses and surgeons and we were seen in under half an hour. We used the 111 service as we were on holiday. We had a GP call back in 20 mins, saw a GP in half an hour and a surgeon at Norwich hospital almost straight away. What a great service.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 09 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

We are pleased to hear that you received a good service when your daughter had a suspected appendicitis. We hope she is feeling better.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding

What I liked

This is the NHS at its best - worldclass medicine with nursing and caring to match. I have spent time in the most expensive private hospitals in the UK and elsewhere - would rather be here.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 24 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

The cardiology team will be delighted with your feedback. We are pleased to hear that we compare well with other hospitals across the UK and further afield.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Vascular at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Successful patient

I cannot speak well enough about the excellency and professionalism of the doctors and surgeons who treated me. They were amazing. What I found not too satisfactory was that the toilet and room were not too clean when I arrived. In fact there were traces of faecis in the toilet bowl of the previous occupant. My thanks to everyone who looked after me.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

Thank you for telling us about your care and the professionalism of the staff. We are sorry to hear that the room and toilet were not clean and will pass on your feedback.

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Very impressed with staff professionalism

(This is a copy of a letter I sent to the Chief Executive in October 2014)
During my recent stay on the acute medical ward, I was impressed by the friendly and professinal conduct of the nursing and medical staff.
Procedures were fully explained and carried out with kindness and efficiency. Staff introduced themselves by their christian names. That made me feel welcome and comfortable.
Please pass on my grateful thanks to everyone concerned. M. W.P.

(I am forwarding this letter at my mother's request. I would like to add my own message of appreciation and thanks. J.B.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 19 December 2014

We are pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and professional during your stay on the acute medical unit. The team will see your feedback.

Nanna gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Grandson road accident

My 9 year old Grandson was knocked down when trying to get away from another boy. The paramedics where absolutely fantastic with him reassuring him and explaining everything what was happening. When he arrived in A & E the excellent care continued with both doctors and nurses. He had to go to Radiology for an X Ray and the radiographers could not be faulted in fact they were very reassuring to this little boy and again explained what they where going to do. The service of care my grandson received was second to non. There care did not stop with my Granson it was also shown to parents, grandma and nanna. On behalf of us all I would like to say a big thank you.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 October 2014

We hope that your grandson is making a good recovery after his accident. We are pleased to hear that the radiographers and the staff in A&E were reassuring while they dealt with his injuries.