Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Telephone: 01603 286 286
Address: Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY
Website: http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Maternity service at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Blankney ward

Shocking treatment on blankney ward, was told our daughter would be aloud home then 5 minutes before we left was told she would have to stay in for longer because of her weight altho they did nothing to improve it and quite frankly we could of done better at home, this upset my partner a lot to which they did not care, did not offer any help to increase her weight did not monitor it, nothing. And also refused to listen to us when we tried to talk to them about it, will not be coming back to this hospital if we have future children! But I must say the staff on delivery suite was brilliant couldn't of asked for any better

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Recent experience

My husband was brought in to the A and E on Friday 10 Oct around 11 am in the morning. He had an xray and saw the consultant who said that an operation would be required the next day but to bear in mind there was a priority list. No operation took place over the weekend as other patients took precedence. I am very disappointed by the lack of care and consideration for my husband who was without solid food until Sunday lunchtime. It is now Monday afternoon and we are still waiting for the operation. During this time my husband has been traumatized and his health further put in jeopardy by this delay.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 13 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Nanna gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Grandson road accident

My 9 year old Grandson was knocked down when trying to get away from another boy. The paramedics where absolutely fantastic with him reassuring him and explaining everything what was happening. When he arrived in A & E the excellent care continued with both doctors and nurses. He had to go to Radiology for an X Ray and the radiographers could not be faulted in fact they were very reassuring to this little boy and again explained what they where going to do. The service of care my grandson received was second to non. There care did not stop with my Granson it was also shown to parents, grandma and nanna. On behalf of us all I would like to say a big thank you.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Les Crossland gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiology re prostate cancer

Radiology department is second to none, Superb in every detail from appointment times to the professionalism, friendliness and courtesy of all the radiotherapy staff.

I really brilliant performance and my sincere thanks to all concerned.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Accident and emergency

Within one and a half hours after being admitted to A & E by ambulance because of acute vomiting every 15 minutes for 24 hours, my mother was discharged with anti sickness tablets, late at night, without any welfare check as to not only how would she get home but also was there anyone at home to care for her. Once at home the acute sickness started again, causing her to vomit a further 18 hours before being admitted by ambulance for the second time within twenty four hours, this time on to a ward. It was fairly evident that A & E were too busy first time round, too fast to discharge and in effect have cost the tax payers more money, an extra GP visit, an extra ambulance etc not to mention patient distress.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 20 September 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 22 September 2014

We are sorry to hear about your mother's experience at A&E. We hope she is feeling better and your feedback will be passed to the Matron for A&E.

Peter Jennings gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Penile Cancer treatment

I would to express my sincere thanks to the doctor and his team for looking after me so well in and helping me in a very traumatic time for me and my family - the way all his team helped me through this was 1st class and I can say nobody could have received any better care anywhere.
I thank you with all my heart and wish you all well

Peter Jennings & Family

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 03 October 2014

We are pleased that the staff were able to help you and your family at a traumatic time. Thank you for telling us about your experience and the 1st class care you received.

Mr B gave Orthopaedics at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Orthopaedics / Dalton Ward

Just returned home from bilat hip replacement. What a top place.

The pre op assessments were well organised coherent and thorough. When there were glitches there were appropriate explanations and apologies.

The Consultant, Surgeon and Anaesthetist were top class.

Most ward staff were very good and those that weren't were excellent.

I had little appetite but food seemed ok. One little tip for caterers - putting the little packets of butter on top of hot toast is not a good idea!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 03 October 2014

We hope you a making a good recovery following your surgery. Thank you for telling us that the care was well organised and that the staff were good or excellent.

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and caring staff

I recently had minor surgery at the N& N. It was an admission which was squeezed in with one day's notice. I was admitted to Earsham Ward on a day when they were extremely busy & had no free beds. Despite this staff took the time to be kind & patient in admitting me & doing my pre-op checks. Both the ward sister & the night staff nurse went out of their way to be exceptionally supportive & kind despite having a million other things to do. All ward staff , cleaning staff & staff delivering food were kind, often appropriately funny & always efficient & supportive. I would like to express my thanks to them.

My Consultant & his team have also been very supportive throughout exploratory tests over the past two & a half years & exceptionally kind & reassuring during & post the procedure.

I felt very much a person & not a set of symptoms throughout the entire experience. It is very clear that all staff are stretched & under pressure but despite this they still demonstrate, care, empathy & patience.
Thank you to them all.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 04 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Chris Shillinglaw gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment over 12 months

What started at my doctor’s surgery here in Southwold, back in early November, with a small lump on my neck, was referred within the day to JPUH. After X-ray and MRI Scans in November I was referred to ENT in James Paget Hospital on 02.12.13. After various checks and balances, culminating in a day-care operation in my throat on 06.01.14 at JPUH, I am then referred to your Hospital. January 15th sees me having a RIG inserted and a PET Scan; all amazing stuff with continuous care, consultation and consideration at its highest level !

Cutting a long story short, February saw me fitted for a mask, and an introduction / alignment process for the forthcoming radiography. Six weeks of February and March saw me in your hospital every day each week and who can I thank the most for my
care ?

The consultant and staff and the most excellent Day Care unit at JPUH ?

The welcome, help and assistance of the receptionists at The Colney Centre ?

The staff in the Haematology department for weekly blood checks; always there; no waiting; always a smile with a needle?

The hard-pressed day and night staff in Mulbarton Ward who made me feel so special when I felt so awful?

The nursing staff and doctors and the carers in Chemotherapy in Weybourne Day Unit not, one or twice, but every Monday that they treated me with chemotherapy?

The radiotherapy staff in LINAC 1 putting up with me and reassuring me when my nerves gave out?

The PET Scan staff on both occasions; so matter-of-fact and so caring?

The near-constant constructive and helpful reassurances from the staff in the weekly check-up sessions and the subsequent review meetings ?

It seems today to be very easy to snipe and swipe at the NHS through politicians and the newspapers, as well as national and local television and radio news. Statistics here, statistics there; meeting targets or not; there is a temptation for those not directly involved to criticize nearly to the point of self-destruction !

However, let me end by saying that I hope never to go through another 12 month period like this last one being so reliant upon the NHS, but if I have to, then I can only hope that it is the care of any or all of the staff at NNUH and JPUH.

Impossible to write to each and everyone that I have encountered, and who has helped me with kind words, reassurance and understanding, but if you have the wherewithal, then please extend my thanks and gratitude to all of those in, and involved with, The Colney Centre of which you must all be very, very proud,

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Bob kelf gave Plastic surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

My poison finger

I was referred by a doctor at the out of hours service to go to Easton ward to have a poisoned finger looked at it was then that I was told I would have to stay in overnight and have IV antibiotics to reduce the infection,this happened every 6hours approx the next day after waiting all Day to see a doctor and get my finger reviewed I was moved to
Earsham ward at about 16.30 and thought I would get my next injection at about 19.30 approx I have asked twice if they have forgotten as it in now 22.15 and I am still waiting.
I think the problem is that there are so many dependent patient and not enough staff to cope. My fear is that this delay could affect my infection and delay my discharge.
Which I hope will be tomorrow morning, I hope this is not the case as I may have to discharge myself.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 07 September 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 22 September 2014

We are sorry to hear that there was a delay in providing your medication and we will pass your feedback to the team. You are welcome to get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service if you have any difficulties. Please contact PALS at: pals@nnuh.nhs.uk