Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Mark barrett gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

One day ENT patient ,nose procedure

Every one was very nice and polite ,With lots of note checking gives a sense of trust.
Took a little time to find a bed but still in and out within 5 hrs , That's with a general anesetic.
Thank you all.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 03 March 2016

Janice Bradfield, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 March 2016

Dear Mr Barrett
We are pleased to hear your procedure went well and that you had a sense of trust in the staff when you came for your treatment.
Thank you for your feedback which will be sent to the team.

aurora2panda reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Bowel Scope Screening

The staff at the Screening Clinic were friendly and helpful.
I was called in early for my appointment and although the procedure was slightly uncomfortable, the staff explained everything and took good care of me.
Please pass on my thanks to all concerned.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 04 March 2016 using Patient Opinion

Dear Patient
Thank you for telling us about your procedure at the screening clinic. We will pass on your thanks, as requested, to the matron for this service and let her know the staff were friendly and helpful.

Patchy reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

I underwent a procedure in the gastrostomy out patients department. I was seen

I underwent a procedure in the gastrostomy out patients department.
I was seen with in 20 minutes of my arrival and the care and attention I received was excellent. The ward was very busy but the nursing staff were making time for their patients.
I could not fault the service I received from start to finish.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 08 March 2016 using Patient Opinion

Dear Patchy
We are delighted to hear that you could not fault the service when you came for a procedure in our gastroenterology unit. The matron for this service will be pleased to know that the staff were making time for patients, especially vulnerable ones.
Thank you for your feedback.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day care procedure

Kind, caring, thoughtful. Every effort was made to make me comfortable .

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016

Janice Bradfield, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 March 2016

Dear Patient
We are pleased to know that your visit went well at the Day Procedure Unit and the staff made every effort to make you comfortable. Your feedback will be shared with the sister for the unit.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hysteroscopy under general anaesthtic at Arthur South

I had a hysteroscopy with biopsy under general anaesthetic yesterday at the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University hospital. The whole experience from preoperative assessment to discharge could not have been bettered.
The unit is spotlessly clean and has a calm, pleasant atmosphere. All of the staff were kind, friendly and very caring. Everything was explained to me in a calm and professional way. I felt involved in decisions about my procedure.
I was given ibuprofen whilst under anaesthetic and did not wake up to any pain. I was offered paracetamol but did not need it. I was offered tea and toast and the nurse telephoned my husband to ask him to collect me when I was ready (I did not feel under any pressure to leave even though they were obviously very busy).
I was very anxious in the days leading up to the procedure and had been dreading it! I would like to say a huge thank you to all of the staff at the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit for their kindness, expertise, calmness and general cheerfulness.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 24 March 2016

Dear Patient
We receive many positive comments about the care provided by the Day Procedure Unit and we will be pleased to share your feedback with the sister of the unit. It is understandable that you felt anxious before the procedure and we are pleased to know that your pain was well managed and that you found the unit to be spotlessly clean with a calm atmosphere.

Patient Opinion Logo

E J CONNOLLY gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E visit, Fantastic Staff

No one enjoys having to go to a A & E department, being 83 years old i have had my fair share of these places. Recently i had a fall and hate making a fuss so just stayed home and contacted my GP in Lincolnshire, who informed me i had a trapped nerve, so i just put up with it. My son was not happy that i was unable to walk and care for myself, so he came from Norfolk and took me to the Norwich and Norfolk Hospital back near where he lives. As said before i have visited many Hospital over the years, but the Treatment i had was second to none, the staff came out to my sons car and helped get me out of the car into the dept. Once booked in i was taken straight through into the main area, where i waited just 35 minutes to be seen by a Dr. The doctor was very pleasant and professional, keeping me informed at every stage what they were doing and why. After a short wait i was taken for an Xray, then back to see the Dr. The doctor came straight over to bring me up to date as to my problems. as it turned out i had broken my Pubic Bone. they explained everything in detail and told me what i needed to know and how long it would take to get better. Then they got physio & occupational therapy to see me, who were fantastic, explaining what they were going to do to help me. they got all my pain killers sorted out for me and provided me with a commode to take to my sons as i could not go home and would not be able to go up any stairs. All this was done in less than Two and a half Hours, Pretty Fantastic, I have never had such a positive experience in any other Hospital. The people of Norwich are so lucky to have this hospital, sadly we don’t have this in Lincolnshire.

Thank you to all the staff that helped me on the day. Keep the good work up.
E J Connolly

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 24 March 2016

Dear EJ Connolly
The matron in A&E will be delighted to receive your feedback and the detail you have provided about your experience. We hope you are making a good recovery after your fall.
We are pleased that you were seen so promptly and that the doctor was pleasant and professional. We see about 100,000 patients each year in our A&E department so it is good to know that you received such good personal care and advice.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Oesophageal cancer

10/10 for my treatment through chemo and the operation to remove my oesophagus. Follow up care has been excellent - there was always telephone help by my designated Specialist Nurse. When visiting clinics everyone on the team spoke to you as if you were the only person they were interested in. Thank you to everyone concerned with my care.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 25 March 2016

Janice Bradfield, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 April 2016

Dear Patient
We are sorry to hear about your illness and hope you are making a good recovery. It sounds like you had extensive treatment and we are pleased to hear that you have rated the cancer services so highly. The specialist nurses are a great resource for the hospital and your feedback shows us just how important they are in helping patients through their treatment. We will pass on your comments to the team.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My Mothers Treatment in A&E

All I can say is thank you for a great experience. The hospital was the best one I have ever been too. My mother had been tole all sorts off rubbish since she became ill, she had been to GP and had Nurses come to her home in Lincolnshire. After seeing her I decided to bring her to my house in Norwich, I took her to the Norwich and within 2 hours she had been dealt with and found to have a broken pubic bone. Thank you for your help, all round a great hospital.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 25 March 2016

Dear Family Member
We are very proud of our hospital and delighted to hear that you rate it as one of the best you have been to. Thank you for telling us about your relative's care and we will pass on your feedback to the A&E team.
We hope your mother is making a good recovery.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous reviewed Gastrointestinal cancer services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

waiting time for operation is 40 weeks

It is impossible to get the treatment I need despite having seen 4 consultants at this hospital who all agree with one another that I need urgent treatment for incarcerated incisional hernia.caused by previous surgery at the NNUH in 2014. The hospital management has said the waiting time is 40 weeks despite the government guideline of 18 weeks. The waiting time published by the NNUH hospital management on this web site is not accurate.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 March 2016

Dear Patient
We are very sorry to hear that you are facing such a long wait for your surgery. Each year we are seeing increasing numbers of emergency patients which means it takes longer to treat patients who need surgery. We have recently announced plans for an ambulatory care centre which will give us more capacity and help us to meet our targets. If you would like to talk to our Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your situation or make a complaint, please contact PALS in the first instance at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Get rid if staff!!

I called the Cley ward as advised to by a doctor if I was to get any more pain. The following evening I was at home in extreme pain again and called up explaining I was finding it hard to catch my breath. I was told to call again in 1 hour.
I called back as was still in pain and was told"well what do you want me to do?"
The next day after going through my notes, literally everything is wrong on there from medication to the dates I was discharged to what the reason I was admitted to hospital in the first place!
I called to ask why and the person I spoke to had no people skills and was way too incompetent to answer a single question.
I'm now seeking legal action against them and their unprofessional ism so no one else has to suffer!!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 March 2016

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.