Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Telephone: 01603 286 286
Address: Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY
Website: http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk

john sealey gave Dermatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Unit

I have had a large no. of skin cancers ( basal cell carcinomas ) successfully treated by this Unit.
My consistent experience has been a culture of professionalism, genuine care and compassion shown by doctors, nurses and reception.

First class.

John Sealey

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 18 May 2015

We are pleased to hear that you have received a consistent and professional service form the dermatology team. They will be pleased to received your feedback.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

very positive experience

I spent 7hours in the a &e department on bank holiday monday with my very poorly mum. From the minute she was picked up in thw ambulance to the time she was transferred to a ward, she was at all times treated with dignity and respect and i really felt all the staff cared.i would like to thank every member of staff for their care on that day.thanku

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Rosie gave Stroke services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

gunthorpe ward

This ward is appalling, left my mum in a wet bed for 15 minutes, didn't answer her buzzer for 10 minutes. Nurses came to change bed after a while and they didn't communicate with my mum, didn't tell her what they were doing with her, they pulled her from pillar to post, then we're very rude when she told them that they don't communicate. Also nurses should have put aprons and gloves on before coming in because mum had mrsa, s couple of nurses came in without wearing either of these and then went straight into room next door without washing hands before, this is how infections are spread.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 04 April 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 08 April 2015

We are very sorry to hear about your Mum's experience on our ward. Thank you for taking the time to feedback and we will ensure that the ward sister receives your comments. If you would like to speak to someone in more detail, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service at: pals@nnuh.nhs.uk

Tim Hirst gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS - alive and well

I was a patient at the walk in Chest X-ray yesterday and just wanted to comment that the whole process took no more than 20 mins from the time I booked in with the receptionist to having the X ray .

All staff were attentive , cheerful and very professional .

My thanks to all.

Tim H

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst staff and service ever

Now I thought Basildon hospital was bad but N&N has topped it. I came in with a fractured foot so any person with 2 brain cells would know I need an X-ray. 3 hours later I am still sitting in the waiting room. Oh and it's 2am by the way. I go to ask the nurse how long until I get assessed and he says "we are clearly busy we don't know, look around you there are more important people than you" I was appalled with what they said to me especially after sitting here for 3 hours whilst the one doctor available just seeming to faff about and do nothing. I would tell any person who needed attention to drive to any other hospital no matter how far it is just to make sure they are not seen at N&N because it is truly awful

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 16 April 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Mark Warrington gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gall Bladder Operation

I came to the Arthur South Day procedure Unit on the 16th of April to have my gall Bladder removed I arrived at 7 am and I was admitted straight away as I was first on the list I was took to the operating theatre shortly after 8 and then remember waking up on the ward around 10.30 where I remained until discharged at 4 pm whilst on the ward I was looked after by a Nurse who was wonderful and provided me with lots of cups of tea and toast and biscuits. All in all the department staff helped to make my short stay very pleasant indeed and I would like to thank you all

Mark

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 29 April 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 05 May 2015

We are pleased to hear that the staff made your visit as comfortable as possible when you had surgery to remove your gallbladder. Thank you for your feedback.

Frances Brown gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you for a very satisfying experience

From start to completion with regard to my recent Thoracic Surgery I was very
impressed with everyone I came in contact with. They were kind, efficient, friendly
and skilled. Having lived for 20 months with extreme pain I am now pain free thanks
to the skills of my Thoracic Surgeon and their surgical team..

The only criticism I have to make is the water jug and glass were nearly always
placed at the far end of the bedside table. The brake on the table was also at the
far end which made it impossible to drag the table closer in order to reach the water.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 29 April 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 05 May 2015

Thank you for telling us about your experience in hospital. We are pleased to hear you are making a good recovery and that you found the team to be friendly and efficient.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care for children is second to none

Fantastic service, from fantastic staff, prompted me to write this review. The calibre of care given to my youngest daughter - in the small hours of the morning - was exceptional. Bright and engaging staff helped to raise a smile from our little patient and excellent diagnosis has put her on the road to recovery. This hospital is an absolute credit to the NHS.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 04 May 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 05 May 2015

We are delighted to receive your feedback about the Jenny Lind children's department. We are pleased that your daughter was diagnosed promptly and that she is making a good recovery.

mid norfolk patient gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

AMU and General Medical Ward

My partner was recently diagnosed as having a collapsed lung.

The initial diagnosis at the GPs surgery was spot on.

We were sent to the walk-in x-ray unit who, as soon as the results we produced took us to A & E.

My partner was very promptly seen and a drain immediately inserted.

He was then transferred to the AMU, where he stayed for two days, then transferred to a general medical ward (Coltishall Ward).

The treatment and the support he received from everybody, from porters to specialist was exemplary. Everybody demonstrated the highest level of competence, compassion and consideration

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 29 March 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 27 April 2015

Thank you for telling us about your partner's experience in hospital. We are pleased to know that the treatment was exemplary.

norman hall gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Had a Gastroscopy at the Gastreoenterology dept.,

Ths is the first time that I have attended a NHS hospital, I am 72 years old. Having read horror story after horror story in the press I was very apprehensive. From the moment of arrival I found everybody extremely helfpful and kind . Seen right on time, all the staff were marvellous . The staff are doing a fine job. Shame that the same cannot be said about the politicians in their constant meddling and cutting back finances. It is quite obvious that more doctors,nurses and hospitals are needed to ease the load on the hard working staff. Obvious to everybody but our leaders who need to take their heads from where the sun doesn't shine and take a peek at the real world. The NHS deserves better.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 11 April 2015