Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Telephone: 01603 286 286
Address: Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY
Website: http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

maternity services

Refuse to feel lucky to have "live" grand daughter when so angry that she had to be a dire emergency to get treatment and emergency c section under general.

Appalling aftercare absolutely shocking

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Dentistry and Orthodontics at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Tooth extraction under general anaesthetic for my child

Our son attended DPU on 23/3/2015 and the care was professional, caring, kind and patient. There is nothing better than knowing that your child is in the best hands possible.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 27 March 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Mimi Shea gave Rheumatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Out patient appointment.

I saw a doctor at the N&NUH on Monday in the Rheumatology clinic. Every body in the department was very kind and the doctor very kind, attentive and understanding.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 12 February 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Another cancelled op

My wife 6 weeks later after her having been cancelled to have her gallbladder removed gets to go in again, arrive 10.30am & she is 1st on the afternoon list. Get a phone call 4.45pm can i pick her up because again op been cancelled. Really, how can you keep doing this, forget bed shortage ect as its the same excuses all the while. Don't bring someone in if you havent got a bed, you wouldnt expect to have a dog and bark yourself. Now we wait for the next date just to be cancelled again, cant wait.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

waiting still for op after 4 months & 2 cancelled ops

When getting cancelled a second time for my wife’s op, I rang & explained I wanted to talk to someone, as it was 5pm on a Friday there was no one to take the call, I said this was unacceptable then got passed through to a woman who said she was an operations manager, she said to ring my wife’s consultant, find out what had happened & go from there, great another 2 days waiting.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Mr & Mrs Moore gave Maternity services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Top inpatient experience at LABOUR (deliveery suit ward)

Highly professional midwives, doctors and caring assistants.
Respectful, caring, confident and knowledgable.
Didn't feel like a dime was spared on us - had all the thorough checks, equipment and meds.
Very respectful of mine and hubby's views.
Handled my highly-complex pregnency and delivery exquisitely!

We couldnt have asked for a better antenatal, birth and postnatal care!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 27 February 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Expected better gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Cringleford Ward

Cringleford ward left me speechless tonight (Friday 27/02/15 9.30pm).
This is a ward for private patients, however the staff on the NHS wards and at Spire are much more efficient and friendly.
Dirty cups left in the room all afternoon and evening. Not offered any food on recovery. No support or help with dressing and other bodily functions.
Only two nurses and two helpers (grey uniforms) on ward.
One staff member (grey uninform) was extremely intimidating and rude. Telling the patient to get up and go, with a dirty wound dressing on and cannula in situ. she then refused to provide her name when I said I wanted to make a complaint against her.
No discharge form or post-op instructions. Nurse unclear and unsure as to what advice to give, struggled to change dressing when asked.
As a Dr working in the NHS I am absolutely appalled, surely standards in the private ward should not fall well below a basic level of care.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 28 February 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

111,Paramedics, Ambulance service & A & E

I found everyone concerned with my medical emergency excellent.
I had to call 111 with a suspected stroke, I was attended to very quickly by a
local paramedic and also Ambulance crew. I was taken to A & E and received
excellent treatment. Many thanks to all concerned who treated my medical
emergency.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 February 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 17 February 2015

We are pleased to hear that all the services were able to help you swiftly when you had a medical emergency.

ML gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well done Norfolk & Norwich Hospital

I attended the Breast clinIc yesterday 5.2.15 and wanted to say what a great service .Minimum waiting around and referral to all sections I needed in one visit. I was only at the hospital 1 hour 40 minutes and was seen, informed and reassurred at the end of my visit. The areas were clean and tidy with lots of info and leaflets. Thanks for prompt and professional service.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 06 February 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 17 February 2015

We are pleased to hear that you received a prompt service when visiting the breast clinic and that the team were able to reassure you.

Anonymous gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A 6/5-star Service

I want to thank the urology operating team led by the doctor for their outstanding service, professionalism, skill, dedication and patience today. As a first-timer on an operation bed with local anaesthetic, I was definitely well taken care of. Every nurse/assistant I dealt with was very kind, warm, and helpful. The doctors themselves are absolutely skilled, kept a clear line of communication with me, and were patient. My 3.5 hours waiting time prior was nothing compared to the fact that I was their 9th operation since early morning, and they had not had lunch. Even the receptionist at the waiting area was also friendly and kind. While it remains to be seen if any post-operation complications arise, I nevertheless want to record my gratefulness to the team upfront. It may sound like a cliche, but I actually left the hospital inspired, thinking: How can I be a positive impact to my stakeholders in my own workplace. Thanks again.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 07 February 2015

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 17 February 2015

We will pass on your kind feedback to our urology team who will be pleased to know that they inspired you during your visit.