Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Telephone: 01603 286 286
Address: Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY
Website: http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from surgical assessment team

I took my daughter to this hospital with suspected appendicitis on Saturday evening. We received excellent care from the nurses and surgeons and we were seen in under half an hour. We used the 111 service as we were on holiday. We had a GP call back in 20 mins, saw a GP in half an hour and a surgeon at Norwich hospital almost straight away. What a great service.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 09 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

We are pleased to hear that you received a good service when your daughter had a suspected appendicitis. We hope she is feeling better.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding

What I liked

This is the NHS at its best - worldclass medicine with nursing and caring to match. I have spent time in the most expensive private hospitals in the UK and elsewhere - would rather be here.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 24 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

The cardiology team will be delighted with your feedback. We are pleased to hear that we compare well with other hospitals across the UK and further afield.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Vascular at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Successful patient

I cannot speak well enough about the excellency and professionalism of the doctors and surgeons who treated me. They were amazing. What I found not too satisfactory was that the toilet and room were not too clean when I arrived. In fact there were traces of faecis in the toilet bowl of the previous occupant. My thanks to everyone who looked after me.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

Thank you for telling us about your care and the professionalism of the staff. We are sorry to hear that the room and toilet were not clean and will pass on your feedback.

Nanna gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Grandson road accident

My 9 year old Grandson was knocked down when trying to get away from another boy. The paramedics where absolutely fantastic with him reassuring him and explaining everything what was happening. When he arrived in A & E the excellent care continued with both doctors and nurses. He had to go to Radiology for an X Ray and the radiographers could not be faulted in fact they were very reassuring to this little boy and again explained what they where going to do. The service of care my grandson received was second to non. There care did not stop with my Granson it was also shown to parents, grandma and nanna. On behalf of us all I would like to say a big thank you.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 October 2014

We hope that your grandson is making a good recovery after his accident. We are pleased to hear that the radiographers and the staff in A&E were reassuring while they dealt with his injuries.

O Taylor gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Heart attack

At about 740pm I felt awful with severe pains in chest. Hotel called paramedics who were there very quickly; they did some quick tests and called an ambulance. 10 mins in ambulance, with pain under control then wheeled straight into theatre (I think) and a stent inserted. Team very kind and supportive. Into bed by 1015pm feeling fine. Amazing! Could not have chosen a better place for our Autumn break! Staff of CCU and then Kilverstone ward were very caring and efficient. So in all ways a wonderful performance from consultant to cleaners.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 25 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 October 2014

We are pleased to hear that the staff were kind and supportive when you needed treatment following a heart attack. We hope you are making a good recovery following your eventful visit to Norfolk.

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very well done

All the staff at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital treated all their patients with competence, compassion and cheerfulness. It was an uplifting experience.

I was looked after in the Stroke Unit, which is not included in the drop down list below. Hence the "don't know" which department I was in!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

We are pleased to hear that the staff on the Stroke Unit were compassionate and competent. Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your experience.

Margaret gave Maternity services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Experience in obstetric department throughout pregnancy

I write to thank everyone who card for me during my pregnancy as an older mother age 51.

I am a health professional within nhs with 31 years experience and know what excellent quality should look like.

Midwives in hospital, community were fantastic. Consultants and specialist diabetic midwives also excellent dealing with my health issues.

Anaesthetics at elective section and birth, fantastic skills. Two registrats delivering baby were highly skilled and delivered us a fantastic miracle baby, whilst returning my would to heal via their skills. No sideeffects post op.npost op ward excellent

Please let all these departments know of my experience

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 November 2014

We are very pleased to hear about your experience and the help the staff provided for you and your miracle baby. Your feedback will be passed to the maternity team.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Blankney ward

Shocking treatment on blankney ward, was told our daughter would be aloud home then 5 minutes before we left was told she would have to stay in for longer because of her weight altho they did nothing to improve it and quite frankly we could of done better at home, this upset my partner a lot to which they did not care, did not offer any help to increase her weight did not monitor it, nothing. And also refused to listen to us when we tried to talk to them about it, will not be coming back to this hospital if we have future children! But I must say the staff on delivery suite was brilliant couldn't of asked for any better

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 October 2014

We are sorry to hear about your experience on Blakney Ward. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the care for your daughter and your comments will be passed to the Matron.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Recent experience

My husband was brought in to the A and E on Friday 10 Oct around 11 am in the morning. He had an xray and saw the consultant who said that an operation would be required the next day but to bear in mind there was a priority list. No operation took place over the weekend as other patients took precedence. I am very disappointed by the lack of care and consideration for my husband who was without solid food until Sunday lunchtime. It is now Monday afternoon and we are still waiting for the operation. During this time my husband has been traumatized and his health further put in jeopardy by this delay.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 13 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 October 2014

We are very sorry to hear that your husband had to wait for his surgery. You may want to get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaision Service who may be able to help at: pals@nnuh.nhs.uk

Les Crossland gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiology re prostate cancer

Radiology department is second to none, Superb in every detail from appointment times to the professionalism, friendliness and courtesy of all the radiotherapy staff.

I really brilliant performance and my sincere thanks to all concerned.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 28 October 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about the Radiology Team which they will be pleased to hear.