Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast ultrasound

I was given an appointment within 2 weeks of seeing my GP.
All members of staff were friendly and reassuring.
The screen was completed within 2 hours and no problems found.
Thank you to everyone who helped me today.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent appointment at the hospital. I am pleased to read that you were seen promptly and that staff were friendly and reassuring. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise and I will share this with all staff in involved.

lsfb1989 reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Everyone I met was lovely, and treated me with the utmost care

I would like to send my praise for my care in the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit at NNUH. Everyone I met was lovely, and treated me with the utmost care. I would like this praise to be fed back directly to the professionals involved, however the anaesthetic I had has rendered me unable to remember names! I was under the care of Mr Hernon.
From the moment I was checked in, I felt cared for, and listened to. The procedure was explained to me, everyone made sure to introduce themselves, and made sure that I was happy and understood what was happening to me. The procedure was one of embarrassment for myself, but the staff were discreet and just so professional and lovely. I was incredibly nervous, but the staff went out of their way to (try) and calm me down, and I really appreciate it. Also, I would like to add that I am incredibly grateful for how quickly I was seen, I have only been on the waiting list just over a month.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience at the hospital. I am pleased to read that you felt cared for and listened to. I will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. I hope you are recovering well and thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Matt Wilkinson gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent & Caring Staff

Recently my GP referred me to ENT Department at the Easton Ward where I was admitted for what turned out to be a short 24hr stay. I was seen quickly and was diagnosed with bilateral tonsillitis. The Doctor and all of the Nurses were very caring, kind and considerate. Not only that, the catering staff & cleaners were very polite and helpful too.

I would highly recommend the Hospital and in particular the Easton Ward, Thanks for taking great care of me.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 15 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent admission to hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were caring, kind and considerate. I will share your kind comments with all staff involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gallstone pancreatitis

I would just like to thank all the staff on the Easton and Coltishall wards. They were very friendly, dedicated and professional and gave exceptional care.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient stay. I am pleased to read that staff were friendly, dedicated and professional. I will share your thanks and praise with all staff involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well.
With kInd regards
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Jo gave Ophthalmology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Confusion but relief

I have severe diabetic retinopathy and have had issues with my eyes for 5 years, I am blind in one eye and have limited vision in the other - leading me to have a guide dog.
I am thankful for the NHS, but this experience was an anxiety led event leaving me a bit shocked.
Last Thursday, I called about when my next appointment was due to some issues with my good eye so I was booked into eye casualty the next day - after a long trip I was told I needed surgery on the Monday. I was shocked as generally been stable for three years.

After an anxiety led weekend, booking a boarder, sorting care and support, worrying about a local anaesthetic. Monday came, I sorted everything out and despite high anxiety turned up to the Nelson Day Unit in which I went through pre-op and medication to keep me calm.

After a whilst I was seen my the surgeon who looked at my eye, referred to the consultant before telling me I did not need the procedure after all.

I felt frustrated as had sorted everything out for a long recovery and all the stress for my family over the weekend. In time I felt relief and a sense of calm but if it weren't for their double checking I may have not had a good outcome of the surgery.

Here's to another 3 years of some limited vision.

Dear Patient
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the hospital. I am sorry to read your appointment resulted in some confusion. I will share your feedback with senior staff in the hospital. Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01603 289045 or by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Kathleen Seaman gave Plastic surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Plastics and Dermatology

I have had cause to attend the hospital some 7 times in recent months and on all occasions the visits were faultless.
I was undergoing surgery under the guidance of the Professor and their very capable team. Also after my first operation I attended the dermatology outpatients to have my dressing changed on 2 occasions, each time they were very professional.
The plastics team - Professor, their clinical team, nursing staff and receptionist were all highly professional, extremely capable and very friendly and understanding.
It was a real privilege to have undergone surgery with such a great team.
My husband, who accompanied me on all my visits as we had to drive up from Sudbury, Suffolk, made good use of your excellent restaurant facilities and has nothing but praise for the choice and quality of food, the prices and the very pleasant sitting area to eat/drink as necessary.

Thank you for all your excellent care and attention

Kathy Seaman

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent attendances at the hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were professional, capable, friendly and understanding. I will share your thanks and praise with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to write and I hope you are recovering well.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

A&E emergency

I was rushed into the N&N after a rather undignified epileptic seizure at lidl ?? and being a diagnosed epileptic an ambulance isn't always necessary however I was informed that this seizure presented different and I may have hurt my self so that was why we called the ambulance. Within 3-4 minutes we had a paramedic in a car shoving a cannula in my arm (Apparently I protested and only let them put one for babies aged 0-6 months in??) They put in some medicine which bought me round completely. After this the land ambulance arrived and sat me on the floor saying it was going to be another trip into A&E usually I don't protest but it was a Saturday early in the morning and I was going to have to go into the children's A&E which is the absolute worst being that I'm 15 and a complete germaphobe. Naturally my mum bought the shopping she had done with us so we could have a snack. The ambulance crew were absolutely amazing and the team up at A&E even let me keep my cannula! We were up there by 11 and discharged by 3 there really wasn't a lot they could do the depth to my condition is now tertiary neurology as I've tried all the epilepsy drugs and they don't work for me so there wasn't anything but monitoring, which is the biggest waste of time ever I'd be better if they let me sleep rather than sit me with screaming babies whilst I lose my mind.

Dear Patient
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the hospital. I will share this with the senior staff in the hospital. If you wish to discuss this further please contact me on 01603 289045 or by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Colorectal cancer services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care

My husband had not seen his GP in over 30 years and has never ever had any personal dealings with the NHS. At 61 years old that in its self is a miracle. I have worked as a nurse for over 30years.
A few months ago he was diagnosed with rectal cancer and lung cancer. It was decided to deal with the rectal cancer first and he has just been discharged from hospital after having extensive surgery and a permanent colostomy.
The standard of care has been nothing more than outstanding, from the consultant, their Co rectal team and nurses,the oncology team and the stoma nurses and the staff of Dilliam ward You gave a very frightened man the confidence and positivity to fight his cancer and we can never Thank you enough. A special thanks to a member of staff, who never made us feel rushed, was kind and caring, rang us at home ,even at the weekend to discuss ,explain and most importantly reassure us. Dave still has a further battle for his lung cancer but the outstanding ,care and compassion he has had up to now has given him the strength and confidence to fight this too. All of you should be so very very proud of the outstanding service you give to your patients and the NHS should be so proud of you all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 23 July 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Minor Cases Unit on 22/7/2017

I was attended by a 1st Responder on site at the Norwich Motorhome show. They said I had a UTI and should go to A&E, which I did on Saturday morning.
Although the wait was longer than I had expected (we were there for 4 hours) I cannot fault the staff. The person that I eventually saw gave me the antibiotics I needed, after thoroughly examining me. They explained UTI very clearly and told me to phone them on Monday to get results of urine sample.
I have just spoken to them and was pleased that they remembered me and was able to ressure me that I have nothing complicated
Thank you to all staff for doing an amazing job in such a pressured environment.
Jane

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Alison gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Out patients appointment at Jenny lind children's dept

My 8 year old son had an OPA this morning
The service will received was amazing, all staff from the consultant, nurses,radiologist and phlebotomist
They were very caring and supportive

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 July 2017