Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Telephone: 01603 286 286
Address: Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY
Website: http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk

roly cartwright gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

FIRST CLASS SERVICE

I was treated with kindness and consideration at all times

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 28 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NNU Gastro Unit

A big thanks to the doctor and his team for taking such considerate and professional care of me during a recent day procedure at the NNU. From start to finish I was so impressed by the way the whole team dealt with me. Not wishing to pay a return visit but if I had to I would have total confidence in my treatment.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

CGore gave Maternity service at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Vaginal bleeding at 16weeks and 5 days with twins.

I'm 16 weeks and 5 days pregnant with twins. I woke last night at around 2.30 am bleeding heavily. I went to the toilet and felt something fall out of me, it turned out to be a blood clot the size of a bar if soap. When I rang medi com they said they had no midwife on duty and told me to ring delivery ward. I rang delivery ward and explained my situation. I was told by a doctor on duty that no one would be able to scan me until Monday and that they were happy for me to stay at home they said my only option was to phone medi com in the morning and see if a midwife could listen to the babies. I continued to bleed throughout the night and was devastated of the lack of help and support available from my local hospital. I rang medi com at 7.45 and explained my situation. Within 10 minutes a midwife rang and said I should have been seen in the night and made arrangements for me to go to cley ward. Once on cley ward the dr never took my BP , urine sample or took my temp and told me she would do a scan but was only qualified to find fetal heart beat and wouldn't be able to give anymore information. She did an internal scan and told me they didn't have any anti D available for me as I'm rheusus negative and that I capsule either wait for at least a couple of hours or go back the next day. I was sent home where I continued to bleed and have no other support.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 20 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Norfolk and Norwich A & E Stroke Response team

Last Friday my neighbour came over and I suspect he was having a stroke, long story short I called 999 and in a very short space of time we were in the Norfolk and Norwich A&E department. Fantastic care from an amazing team of professionals. In particular I would like to thank the doctor for his straightforward approach, direct explanations of treatments and their potential consequences and ultimate life saving treatment; and also a gentleman whose for his vigilance, his professionalism and care for my neighbour through the few hours within which we waited to see whether he was going to make it. Thanks to these two gentleman and the wider stroke team ( including those in Heydon Ward) my neighbour has practically made a full recovery with virtually no long term side effects. We are so grateful and can't thank you all enough x

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 12 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 17 July 2014

We are pleased to hear that your neighbour is making a good recovery after having a stroke. Thank you for taking the time to comment on what happened and we will ensure that the stroke team receives your great feedback.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

10 out of 10

On the 12th June 2014 I was a patient in the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit for the correction of Dupuytren’s Contracture in my right hand.

My named nurse was most reassuring and professional both before and after the operation. The anaesthetist, whose name I have not remembered, was again caring and professional, she administered a brachial block which was pain free and appeared to be administered with great skill.

The consultant, who carried out the procedure, put me at ease by explaining what she was going to do and by introducing her staff to me.

The outcome of the operation is excellent. I now have straight fingers and full movement in my hand.

May I say a big thank you to you and to all your staff who attended me; I trust you will pass my thanks on to them all.

Yours Sincerely,
T.M.C

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 07 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 10 July 2014

We will pass on your thanks to the team in the Day Procedure Unit. Thank you for telling us that the staff put you at your ease and the outcome of the procedure has been very good.

phil morgan gave Plastic surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Easton Ward

I spent a day and half in the Easton ward and during that time i had a operation on my tendon on my finger ,I would like thank all the staff on the ward for looking after me , and the surgeons and everyone else who looked after me . Everyone went out of there way to help and assist me nothing was too much trouble , thanks again

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 05 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 10 July 2014

We are pleased to hear your surgery went well and that the team looked after you well during your stay on Easton Ward.

helen nudd gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ambulance and a & e for dislocated elbow after bad fall.

fantastic service and treatment - ambulance arrived from 20 miles in reasonable time. excellent care from ambulance staff, and seen quickly in a & e although it was busy. great nurses and 2 doctors gave appropriate pain relief and treatment, and plastering - all lovely people. excellent follow-up with the doctor at fracture clinic, re-plastering and x-rays with super professional staff. i am very grateful to nhs norwich. thank you everyone! sorry no grammar due to resting arm

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 04 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your care, despite having to rest your arm. The A&E team will be pleased to hear that everything went well.

stuart davison gave Respiratory Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

amazing care

we all dread going into hospital, and having to be an emergency admission on Friday 13th
at 02.00 in the morning doesn't get a lot worse!!. I feel incredibly lucky that I was taken into
your hospital. The care, concern,thought and effort put in from the very first moment that
the Paramedics arrived was all anyone could hope for, then the transfer to the hospital
again with so much care. What can I say about your Hospital, everyone from the cleaning
staff up to the consultant couldn't have put anymore thought in the only person they focused on
was me (i guess with several hundred others!!)
What I want to say is a HUGE thank you to everyone and I hope this gets to the ones at the top of the ladder, but it's REALLY important that it gets to the ALL the staff who so often take
the flack from people who don't appreciate the amazing job you all do

Once again I am forever in your debt

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 01 July 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 04 July 2014

We are delighted to hear that everyone took good care of you during your hospital stay, from the cleaning staff to the consultant. We hope you are making a good recovery.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Follow up breast cancer surgery - 13/06/14

Subject: Follow up surgery - feedback

I wrote to you previously re the positive experience I had when I had breast cancer surgery on 25/04/14 at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.

Unfortunately I needed further surgery and today had another wide local incision again performed by my consultant. This time I was in the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit. I arrived at 07:00 hrs, had a small wait, was taken to the ward, had my op and was out by 12:20hrs.

This was another positive experience. As before every member of staff I had dealings with was kind, caring and professional. Again unfortunately I can't remember the names of everyone but these included: My surgeon, a Reception, Senior Day Surgery Practitioner, Anaesthetist (who educated me on where to buy healthy wine which doesn't contain sulphates!) and the lady who escorted me to the operating room and helped me get ready for surgery. Also the lady who helped prep me for surgery and who remembered me from my first op in April. They were so lovely and really put me at my ease. Also all the ward staff who looked after me post op.

I wanted to feedback again to show that my first experience wasn't a one off. I wasn't so nervous this time around because I knew what to expect but I still appreciated the level of care I again received.

As the World Cup is on I will finish with a football reference with two words to describe how I feel about my ongoing treatment at the NNUH: "Safe hands".

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 19 June 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your hospital experience. We are pleased that the surgical team were able to take good care of you and we hope you are making a good recovery.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb Experiance

I had a basal cell carcinoma removed, as an outpatient.
Clearly a worrying time.
I was seen promptly.
The team who treated me kept me informed,and were reassuring .
Happily I soon recovered.I have minimal scarring .In a relatively short time I was informed of the outcome of the biopsy which meant my treatment was completed.
I could not have been better treated either personally or medically
Thank you.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 16 June 2014

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital replied on 17 June 2014

Thank you for telling us about your prompt treatment and we are pleased to hear that everything has gone well from the biopsy to when you were given the results.