0117 906 1801 The Brooms, Emersons Green , Bristol, Avon, BS16 7FH

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

2nd Cataract Surgery

When I was offered cataract surgery at Emmerson Green for the second time on my left eye after right eye surgery last year, I jumped at the opportunity. I cannot praise the surgeons and staff enough, I would highly recommend this hospital and would have no hesitation in returning again if needs be for any other procedure and have already extolled the virtues of the hospital to family and friends. Thank you for your patience and care, it is truly appreciated from a most grateful and happy patient.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 16 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review of your cataract surgery. We are thrilled to hear that you jumped at the chance to return to us for your second procedure. The staff strive to provide first class treatment and service to our patients so it will be a real pleasure to pass on your comments to all the teams involved in your care.
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Very nervous about having my procedure done in endoscopy, but from start to finish I was treated with dignity and respect . I was treated as an individual person not just a number. Banter between staff put me at ease. Everyone was just so lovely. Thank you all .

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 18 June 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 19 June 2017

Thank you very much for your comments, it is great to hear that your experience was positive and staff put you at ease. These will be passed on to the endoscopy team who greatly appreciate your feedback.
Kind Regards,
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Ioanna Photiou-Annie gave Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Extremely happy difficult patient

I came today for a multiple teeth extraction operating. I would like to thank from my heart all the staff that were involved in my treatment. Starting from the recovery nurse that welcomed and prepared me with their kind care, to the nurse involved in my operation -who was the voice of reason to all my irrational fears. Also, as an extremely difficult patient to canulate, I would like to extend a massive thanks you to the anesthetic nurse. They went above and beyond all possible human efforts to find a vein to canulate me with extreme passion and care. Last but definitely not least, I would like to congratulate my doctor for being the amazing doctor that they are. As a patient, I was made to feel very comfortable by them, reassuring all my fears (I have a massive fear for all dentists, especially surgical dentists) and making me laugh with amazing humour.
The whole team I mentioned above were amazing, and I would definitely recommend this NHS trust to anyone that needs treatment.
Thank you guys, you were all fabulous. If everyone working in this Trust is as amazing as you four people, then I guess you have managed to create the perfect NHS trust.
I would appreciate it if my review was passed personally to the people I mentioned above.
Annie

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 22 June 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate all the feedback we get from our patients and it's fabulous to read such wonderful and comprehensive praise. The staff strive to provide first class care and service and will be thrilled to receive such a glowing review. It will be a real pleasure to circulate your feedback to the teams involved.
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Carole sowter gave Ophthalmology at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Most enjoyable experience

Well what a great experience I had I have had my share of operations but this was the best the staff at this hospital could not have made the day any better they listened to any concerns I had they were professional in every thing they hard to do and made me feel like a person not just another patient and to top it they rang me with a follow up call to make sure everything was ok I could not have asked for better care so I would recommend this spotless well run hospital to any one and looking forward to my next cataract operations well done Emerson Green

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 22 June 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 22 June 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your recent cataract operation. It's great to hear that you felt so well looked after by the staff and that they provided excellent care. Your kind comments and praise will be shared with all the teams involved in your care.
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hernia and gallbladder operation

On arrival reported to reception there was a slight hiccup has was sent to the wrong department so was taken back to the main reception of which was told where to go went upstairs to the reception then was asked to take seat and was meet by a lovely nurse who at to take some blood of which at third attempt managed to get some I was then taken to get ready for surgery after surgery was taken to recovery where all the nurses where so kind and caring I'm not very good at remembering names I have to say all nurses and surgeon and their team are a credit to Emerson green

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for making the time to post your comments for us. We really appreciate the feedback we get from patients and it's a real pleasure to hear that you are so pleased with the care and kindness you received during your recent visit.
Regards,
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Paul Upton gave Dentistry and Orthodontics at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Nice place to feel you will be looked after

I suppose everyone feels a bit of trepidation when going into a hospital. Well my second visit to Emerson Green alleviated this . Yesterday was for treatment after the first one wa for a consultation. It was for a tooth extraction.
I cannot talk highly enough about the ambience ,staff, facilities and treatment. I was made to feel relaxed ,confident I was in good hands and then treated very professionally . The after treatment in the recovery room was relaxing and even went away with souvenir of medicines to combat any pain.
I was talked through the procedures had tests to prove I was fit on the day to have the treatment and actually left the treatment centre in a mood that said actually in the circumstance that was pretty good ??
Please ensure this review reaches the staff involved as they and the management deserve to hear positive news which can be sparse these days .
Regards

Paul Upton

Paul Upton

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words, these have been passed on to staff members who greatly appreciate hearing feedback. We are glad your experience with us was a good one, our team prides themselves on the highest level of care and professionalism.
Many thanks,
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Bass gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Emerson Green is a Credit to the NHS

I attended Emerson Green NHS Treatment Centre on the 5th April 2017 to have my gall bladder removed. I arrived at 8.45 am and was immediately directed to the surgery reception where a nurse greeted me to check my details and carried out the preliminary tests. On completion I was taken to the operating floor and seated in a cubicle where I met all the staff who would be involved in my operation. Everything was checked and double checked and all the procedures that I could expect were clearly explained. At 10.15 I was was given anesthetic and woke up at 1.15 pm. Every member of staff was carring and attentive and whilst it was surgery they made it as pleasant as it could be. Somewhat different to my last experience in a private hospital. Emerson Green is a real credit to the NHS and I give it the highest recommendation.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 07 April 2017

Thank you for your positive comments, we will certainly ensure these are passed on to the team that took care of you. We are delighted that you felt comfortable and attended to during your stay, we really pride ourselves on our patient care.
Many thanks again, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

customer service

After leaving a very good review before, I must say just spoke to a member of staff in the booking team, very unhelpful and rude, customer service goes a long way, I think training is needed. I also been waiting for a email from the consultant to pass on for about a month now still no sight of it,

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 07 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We value all patient feedback as it helps us to understand what we are doing well and areas where we can improve. If possible we would like to investigate further some of the concerns you have raised: would you be kind enough to contact our Operations Manager, Ann Brewin with a few further details in order for us to do? Ann.Brewin@careuk.com Tel 0117 906 1826. Many thanks and kind regards.

Christopher bryant gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Had surgery yesterday

Well where can I start, was due there at 10 o'clock had a slight delay and got called up at 10:45 after a quick but re assuring chat explained the slight delay which was more than under standable, (what businesses don't have delay) if Any one is reading this wondering whether to book in here I couldn't recommend any more if I tried. First time having surgery and was on my own, the staff from the receptionist to sugeons to recovery were amazing and reassuring, for as bad name they can get I didn't experience one member of staff that wasn't giving me there 100 per cent attention and making sure I was okay. I had a cist removed from my lower back and surgery went perfect managed to stitch the wound after and a day later pain is non excistent. Couldn't thank them all enough.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 March 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review for us. It's good to hear that you were so pleased with the care and treatment you received on your recent visit and we are delighted to know you felt so well reassured by the staff. It will be a pleasure to pass on your praise to the teams involved.
Emersons Green NHS treatment Centre

Wints gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 3 stars

50/50 experience and rushed out of recovery

Some good experiences for both pre op assessment and the later surgery appt.
More postives for pre op assessment as appt was kept on time friendly person on reception, warm and friendly nurse on appointment and very thorough.
However not all aspects of surgery appt were pleasing. Waited close to an hour from appt time to when called upstairs baring in mind i had been early which does help ease anxiety when awaiting general anathestic.
Greeted for pre op assessment with no acknowledgment re lateness or reasoning by a professional nurse( i would not say warm or friendly). Fully aware that hospitals run behind schedule which is a given as my mother runs appts within a hospital, however no mention/acknowledgement i find bad practice.

After assessments with varing professionals including very kind and funny anasteologist and very informative surgeon further delays followed nearer 2 hrs before asked down to surgery. Again no issue with the wait but lack of information or being kept informed was very poor

On being wheel chaired to theatre i unfortunately felt the need for the loo which i got the response 'really?' With a rolled eye and a huff. Again if i had any idea of time i would of gone before they came. I found that very unprofessional.
Im aware staff working within a theatre are very comfortable and do the same thing every day but as a patient this is not the case and most are quite nervous and have huge anxiety.
Being led on the bed i found myself having to ask the anasteologist questions what was happening whilst they were about to stick the needle in the arm. I found that there was no attempt to ensure i was comfortable and at ease and did not feel reassured. Just a simple medicine going now/ youre going to feel sleepy etc standard really.

On waking in a daze i felt extremely rushed to leave and get dressed, the aftercare was not great i was not asked how i felt , i was however offered water and something to eat which i accept overall my medical well being i feel was not a high priority. They did state 'once you feel ok get dressed and head to 2nd recovery area with chairs'. This was stated on numerous occasions and felt highly pressured to move on. I did not even get the chance to state i felt remotely ok to get out of bed before they came along and dumped my bag of personal belongings and clothes at the end of my bed. Popping back constantly to see if i was dressed. I actually felt quite light headed and would of liked my partner to help me get dressed but he was obviously not allowed in the area.

All in all i felt that there was very much' get them in get them out' mentality obviously they were running behind that day.

The 2nd revovery area was again very behind and the discharging nurse was quite under pressure and under staffed as i did overhear conversations to that effect. They were however professional and courteous.

I felt quite dissapointed on certain aspects of patient care i received.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 14 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your views of your recent treatment with us. We really value honest patient feedback as it helps us to understand what we are doing well and areas where we could do better. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for your poor experience. it's very disappointing to hear that some aspects of your recent visit did not meet the high standard of service that we pride ourselves upon. Please be assured that the points you have made will be fed back to the department and teams involved in order to allow staff to reflect upon your experience.