0117 906 1801 The Brooms, Emersons Green , Bristol, Avon, BS16 7FH

Paul Upton gave Dentistry and Orthodontics at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Nice place to feel you will be looked after

I suppose everyone feels a bit of trepidation when going into a hospital. Well my second visit to Emerson Green alleviated this . Yesterday was for treatment after the first one wa for a consultation. It was for a tooth extraction.
I cannot talk highly enough about the ambience ,staff, facilities and treatment. I was made to feel relaxed ,confident I was in good hands and then treated very professionally . The after treatment in the recovery room was relaxing and even went away with souvenir of medicines to combat any pain.
I was talked through the procedures had tests to prove I was fit on the day to have the treatment and actually left the treatment centre in a mood that said actually in the circumstance that was pretty good ??
Please ensure this review reaches the staff involved as they and the management deserve to hear positive news which can be sparse these days .
Regards

Paul Upton

Paul Upton

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words, these have been passed on to staff members who greatly appreciate hearing feedback. We are glad your experience with us was a good one, our team prides themselves on the highest level of care and professionalism.
Many thanks,
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Bass gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Emerson Green is a Credit to the NHS

I attended Emerson Green NHS Treatment Centre on the 5th April 2017 to have my gall bladder removed. I arrived at 8.45 am and was immediately directed to the surgery reception where a nurse greeted me to check my details and carried out the preliminary tests. On completion I was taken to the operating floor and seated in a cubicle where I met all the staff who would be involved in my operation. Everything was checked and double checked and all the procedures that I could expect were clearly explained. At 10.15 I was was given anesthetic and woke up at 1.15 pm. Every member of staff was carring and attentive and whilst it was surgery they made it as pleasant as it could be. Somewhat different to my last experience in a private hospital. Emerson Green is a real credit to the NHS and I give it the highest recommendation.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 07 April 2017

Thank you for your positive comments, we will certainly ensure these are passed on to the team that took care of you. We are delighted that you felt comfortable and attended to during your stay, we really pride ourselves on our patient care.
Many thanks again, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hernia and gallbladder operation

On arrival reported to reception there was a slight hiccup has was sent to the wrong department so was taken back to the main reception of which was told where to go went upstairs to the reception then was asked to take seat and was meet by a lovely nurse who at to take some blood of which at third attempt managed to get some I was then taken to get ready for surgery after surgery was taken to recovery where all the nurses where so kind and caring I'm not very good at remembering names I have to say all nurses and surgeon and their team are a credit to Emerson green

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for making the time to post your comments for us. We really appreciate the feedback we get from patients and it's a real pleasure to hear that you are so pleased with the care and kindness you received during your recent visit.
Regards,
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 2 stars

Patient consent? They asked me to sign a blank form.

I went into Emersons Green for a procedure, and - before I had even got to see the doctor who would be carrying out the procedure - I was given a blank consent form to sign. It didn't even have the name of the procedure filled in.

When I protested that I couldn't agree to an unnamed procedure, they said that it was standard policy because the doctor was a very busy man and it saved them wasting their time.

Personally, I don't regard consent forms as optional paperwork, and I'd look a right Charley if they gave me the wrong operation and then produced this form to say I'd "consented to it".

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 25 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback. At Emersons Green and Devizes NHS Treatment Centres we prioritise patient safety and are grateful that you have brought your experience to our attention. Please may we request that you make further contact to assist us in fully investigating the matter? Michelle Parsons our Head of Nursing will be happy to talk to you at your convenience.
Please call Michelle Parsons on 0117 906 1919 or alternatively email Michelle.Parsons@careuk.com
Many thanks
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

judek gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant staff very caring

I had carpal tunnel release this year on 31 march 2017, it is an experience that i will remember. I have never felt so relaxed whilst having surgery under local anaesthetic. The Surgeon was marvelous, explained everything to me, and we talked amd laughed all through the procedure. The theatre staff were great too, the nurse at my side kept me occupied talking to me. All in all a brilliant hospital, very caring, make you actually feel that you ARE a human not just a number. Well done everyone, thank you for making something that i was dreading into something that went well.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that your experience was relaxing and that you were well looked after by our team. We will certainly pass your kind comments on to the team involved in your care.
Regards,
Emersons Green Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

customer service

After leaving a very good review before, I must say just spoke to a member of staff in the booking team, very unhelpful and rude, customer service goes a long way, I think training is needed. I also been waiting for a email from the consultant to pass on for about a month now still no sight of it,

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 07 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We value all patient feedback as it helps us to understand what we are doing well and areas where we can improve. If possible we would like to investigate further some of the concerns you have raised: would you be kind enough to contact our Operations Manager, Ann Brewin with a few further details in order for us to do? Ann.Brewin@careuk.com Tel 0117 906 1826. Many thanks and kind regards.

Christopher bryant gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Had surgery yesterday

Well where can I start, was due there at 10 o'clock had a slight delay and got called up at 10:45 after a quick but re assuring chat explained the slight delay which was more than under standable, (what businesses don't have delay) if Any one is reading this wondering whether to book in here I couldn't recommend any more if I tried. First time having surgery and was on my own, the staff from the receptionist to sugeons to recovery were amazing and reassuring, for as bad name they can get I didn't experience one member of staff that wasn't giving me there 100 per cent attention and making sure I was okay. I had a cist removed from my lower back and surgery went perfect managed to stitch the wound after and a day later pain is non excistent. Couldn't thank them all enough.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 March 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review for us. It's good to hear that you were so pleased with the care and treatment you received on your recent visit and we are delighted to know you felt so well reassured by the staff. It will be a pleasure to pass on your praise to the teams involved.
Emersons Green NHS treatment Centre

Wints gave General Surgery at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 3 stars

50/50 experience and rushed out of recovery

Some good experiences for both pre op assessment and the later surgery appt.
More postives for pre op assessment as appt was kept on time friendly person on reception, warm and friendly nurse on appointment and very thorough.
However not all aspects of surgery appt were pleasing. Waited close to an hour from appt time to when called upstairs baring in mind i had been early which does help ease anxiety when awaiting general anathestic.
Greeted for pre op assessment with no acknowledgment re lateness or reasoning by a professional nurse( i would not say warm or friendly). Fully aware that hospitals run behind schedule which is a given as my mother runs appts within a hospital, however no mention/acknowledgement i find bad practice.

After assessments with varing professionals including very kind and funny anasteologist and very informative surgeon further delays followed nearer 2 hrs before asked down to surgery. Again no issue with the wait but lack of information or being kept informed was very poor

On being wheel chaired to theatre i unfortunately felt the need for the loo which i got the response 'really?' With a rolled eye and a huff. Again if i had any idea of time i would of gone before they came. I found that very unprofessional.
Im aware staff working within a theatre are very comfortable and do the same thing every day but as a patient this is not the case and most are quite nervous and have huge anxiety.
Being led on the bed i found myself having to ask the anasteologist questions what was happening whilst they were about to stick the needle in the arm. I found that there was no attempt to ensure i was comfortable and at ease and did not feel reassured. Just a simple medicine going now/ youre going to feel sleepy etc standard really.

On waking in a daze i felt extremely rushed to leave and get dressed, the aftercare was not great i was not asked how i felt , i was however offered water and something to eat which i accept overall my medical well being i feel was not a high priority. They did state 'once you feel ok get dressed and head to 2nd recovery area with chairs'. This was stated on numerous occasions and felt highly pressured to move on. I did not even get the chance to state i felt remotely ok to get out of bed before they came along and dumped my bag of personal belongings and clothes at the end of my bed. Popping back constantly to see if i was dressed. I actually felt quite light headed and would of liked my partner to help me get dressed but he was obviously not allowed in the area.

All in all i felt that there was very much' get them in get them out' mentality obviously they were running behind that day.

The 2nd revovery area was again very behind and the discharging nurse was quite under pressure and under staffed as i did overhear conversations to that effect. They were however professional and courteous.

I felt quite dissapointed on certain aspects of patient care i received.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 14 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your views of your recent treatment with us. We really value honest patient feedback as it helps us to understand what we are doing well and areas where we could do better. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for your poor experience. it's very disappointing to hear that some aspects of your recent visit did not meet the high standard of service that we pride ourselves upon. Please be assured that the points you have made will be fed back to the department and teams involved in order to allow staff to reflect upon your experience.

Steve Cureton gave Ophthalmology at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

My operation to my eye

I would like to thank everyone at Emersons Green Treatment Centre for the kind way they treated me in my short visit recently for my eye operation, special thanks to the doctor and their team in opthalmology.
I traveled from Merthyr Tydfil Wales to Emersons Green Treatment Centre, on my arrival the staff at the centre explained the procedure to me, very pleased and would highly recommend Emersons Green Treatment Centre to anyone.
Once again thank you!

Steve

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 14 March 2017

Thank you for posting your comments. We really value the feedback we get from our patients on the service they have received. Its good to hear that you were so pleased with your recent treatment and thank you for your kind words about the staff.
Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

I am under the care of ENT brilliant

ENT they have been brilliant to me, very professional, exceeded in their investigation to try and find the route of my problem

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre replied on 14 March 2017

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback for us, we always appreciate the comments we get from our patients. Its really good to know that you had such a good experience on your recent visit and that everyone you encountered was helpful and professional.