Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

01749 333600 Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre, Old Wells Road , Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 4LP

Anonymous gave Pain Management at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Steroid Injection in Hip

All the staff and treatment I received when at the hospital was excellent.

My frustration was at trying to contact the hospital to check whether I should continue to take my pain relief medication prior to the injection. I phoned 6 x in the previous week and had to leave a message each time. Although I was phoned back x 3, I was then unavailable as I work myself and so am not always available to answer the phone.

In the letter I received it did say 'as you are having a local anaesthetic, you can continue to eat and drink as normal'. I am wondering if it possible to add that 'you can continue to take your usual pain relief'? This would have saved me a great deal of time and frustration.

However, I would like to reiterate that the service I received when at the hospital was excellent. Many thanks.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 23 July 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement

It is my good fortune to have not been a very good customer of the NHS over the years. Although recomended to try the Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre i had no idea what to expect.
One only reads bad press about the NHS but i can not praise highly enough the experience i had in Shepton Mallet.
Congratulations to the team from surgeon to nurse, from catering staff to the admin team. Keep up the good work, i have no hesitation in reomending you to others.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 07 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre(SMTC).

We are very happy that you were satisfied with the service and professionalism of the staff you encountered. At SMTC we believe that each and every patient should be treated in the manner we would wish for ourselves, so it was lovely to hear that we are achieving that aim.

We hope you are making a good recovery from your recent procedure and thank you for recommending us.

Many thanks again.

Total knee replacement

I was so impressed with the standard of care at this hospital. I would like to thank the whole team for their wonderful care from arriving in a nervous state at the pre-op area through to the aftercare. All the doctors and nurses were very kind and understanding. I would also like to say a big thank you to the physiotherapists who do a great job in encouraging good aftercare. Everything about Shelton Mallet Hospital from the doctors, the nursing and physiotherapy teams to the cheerful catering team and the lovely young cleaner was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hospital

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your experience with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre, we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish delivered with the care and attention we would all hope to receive so it was lovely to hear that all our staff members are demonstrating that ethos. We recognise the importance that prompt Physiotherapy plays in the recovery process and for that reason we aim to commence this on the same day of surgery. This means that the vast majority of our patients reach their discharge milestones rapidly and are fit to go home within 2 days of their procedure, with ongoing advice and support available 24 hours a day for any queries or concerns.

Thank you again for your recommendation. I shall ensure the team are made aware of your kind comments.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Mike Hill gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Second knee replacement

12 weeks after the first knee replacement I was in the hospital for the second knee. This experience was good and efficient with the care to attention regards after recovery with the physio dept an essential requirement. The follow up once at home was good to have even though it was not necessary. Everything went very smoothly from the initial appointment, full operation, to the supply of equipment, both physio and home. I would recommend Shepton Mallet in all respects.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 20 July 2017

Dear Mr Hill

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre, we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish delivered with the care and attention we would all hope to receive. We recognise the importance that prompt Physiotherapy plays in the recovery process and for that reason we aim to commence this on the same day of surgery. This means that the vast majority of our patients reach their discharge milestones rapidly and are fit to go home within 2 days of their procedure, with ongoing advice and support available 24 hours a day for any queries or concerns.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Richard Heatley gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Post surgery review

I have never in my life experienced such a high level of professionalism and care in a hospital.
I arrived feeling slightly nervous before surgery but was taken into the pre op area at exactly the time I was told I would be. Each member of staff did their job with the utmost professionalism and with a great sense of humour to the point that I forgot I was about to be operated on. It felt like everyone really loved working there and with each other.
I felt like the most important person in the hospital that day and can remember laughing right up to the point when I went to sleep. But it didn't end there. The aftercare was just as good and even received a call at home the next day to make sure that I was ok.
I am recommending this centre to everyone I talk to!
Many thanks to the doctor who never stops smiling, the anaesthetists and the staff in after care. You are the best in your fields!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 23 June 2017

Dear Mr Heatley

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent treatment with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment centre we aim to provide a high quality, efficient and professional patient focused service and it was lovely to hear we have achieved that aim. We strive to maintain an open and friendly approach in our relationships with both patients and peers and recognise that this helps to allay fears and improve communication so making the treatment plan easier to understand and negotiate. I will ensure the team are made aware of your comments.

We hope you are making a good recovery from your most recent procedure and thank you once again for leaving your comment.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

my total hip replacment

I am very impressed by the whole service that i have been given from the surgeon all the way down to the cleaning staff.My surgery went so well that i went home,but on the 14 of June i had to go back with a major urenery infection , which turned out to be e-coli the virulent type, even though i am out of the now the doctor is still dealing with my problem as it is not completely cured as yet. please excuse if my spelling is bad

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 18 June 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 19 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent treatment at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.

I am sorry that you experienced a urinary infection after your discharge home. If you require any further assistance with this, please do not hesitate to make contact with us.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Gregor Lamb gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy

Extremely thorough in every regard from my first contact with the hospital to the last. A shining example of how a hospital should be run.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 22 June 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 23 June 2017

Dear Mr Lamb

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent treatment with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre, we aim to provide efficient high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring a seamless and smooth process from start to finish so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Terry Smart gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Carpal Tunnel Operation

I had my tests for the above at Yeovil and Musgrove Hospitals but came to your hospital for the surgery required, (not knowing anything about your hospital). I could not believe how spotless the hospital was. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and everything was explained before the operation. Throughout the operation the operating staff kept my mind occupied by asking questions and genuinely showing an interest. I would most certainly recommend this hospital to everybody. Well done to everyone at the hospital, you should all be very proud of yourselves.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 28 June 2017

Dear Mr Smart

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent visit with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment centre we aim to provide a high quality, efficient and professional patient focused service and it was lovely to hear we have achieved that aim. We strive to maintain an open and friendly approach in our relationships with both patients and peers and recognise that this helps to allay fears and improve communication so making the treatment plan easier to understand and negotiate. I will ensure the team are made aware of your comments and I hope that you are making a good recovery from your procedure.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

David Stalker gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Impressed

Very impressed with Shepton Mallet treatment centre. Staff were professional and attentive throughout my time there. I would thoroughly recommend this treatment centre to any of my family and friends.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 30 June 2017

Dear Mr Stalker

We aim to provide a high quality, individualised patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve (and which we would all want for ourselves) and it was lovely to hear that you have been satisfied with our efforts. Thank you for recommending us and we hope you are making good progress with your recovery.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Eye surgery

Very clean welcoming and efficient hospital. All staff helpful and friendly keeping you at ease before and after procedure.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 17 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.

We aim to provide a high quality, efficient and professional patient focused service in clean and comfortable surroundings and it was lovely to hear we have achieved that aim. WE hope you are making a good recovery from your procedure and that you have achieved the outcome you were hoping for.

Many thanks again.