Derriford Hospital

Telephone: 01752 202082
Address: Derriford Road, Crownhill, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8DH
Website: http://www.plymouthhospitals.nhs.uk

chris twomey gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 1 stars

hopeless

disgusted after the 3rd visit to a&e in exterme pain with abodominal case. I was told their was nothing wrong with me and to keep taking painkillers. The pain killers were not working. Would consider traveling out of town for future treatment.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Derriford Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No follow up care

We had told all your staff that he could not cope at home, but because he wanted to go home and signed the paperwork he went home and now is back in your hospital. His consultant had told us he would not leave without a proper care package which has not materialised despite being on to his GP and other organisations he is now back with you in as bad condition as he went in before!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 March 2015

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

sarajaneT gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E

I had a TIA 2 days ago and the staff were brilliant. They kept me informed and when it got bad they took me straight to Majors for treatment. The Doctors and other staff were so good. I was taken for a CT scan and the results were explained to me in full. They were very caring... right down to the Porters. I was on Erme ward and after my bloods were taken I was discharged and told I would hear form cardiovascular within 2 weeks with an appointment and that came today (2 days post TIA) I greatly appreciate the whole of A & E and all concerned with my care. Good old NHS, Fantastic from the time I arrived to when i was discharged 6 or 7 hours later.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 28 March 2015

Jane Burrows gave Gynaecology at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I have twice been an out-patient with the Professor and I would just like to pass on my thanks to them for the dignity, kindness and patience they showed me especially when explaining the medical situation. The management of my case has been efficient, timely and evidence of first rate team work.

Well done Derrriford - where would the people of Plymouth be without the excellent services the hospital and staff provide.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 March 2015

Jezwolf gave Orthopaedics at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Complicated Hip-replacement Surgery.

Despite a difficult operation with complications the surgeons were superb, my pain in my hip was diminished when I first woke up, and I was standing the next day. With rest and exercise I was practically healed in 3 weeks and able to walk around comfortablly and easily. These people were a Godsend.
The nursing staff at the hospital were polite, attentive, And efficient despite having a very full ward. I felt encouraged but not pushed by the physiotherapists and was able to conduct myself with dignity and grace throughout my stay there.
My only gripe would be the cleaning staff, whereas they do their job and kept the place clean I did not appreciate them walking into my room and waking me up whilst I was trying to rest.

Other than that A* Derriford Hospital, keeping up the high standards we expect from you.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 March 2015

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

Katie shepherd gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit to A&E

After calling 111they advised me to go straight to A&E for treatment.Difficulty breathing due to chest infection the staff saw me straight away and soon on my way home with medication.THe staff were very busy but still walked around with a smile and IFelt nothing was to much trouble.GAve me advise about the medication,like to say a big thank you to all the staff for there assistance while being a patient.Best staff and hospital in the country.Many thanks KS.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 March 2015

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Chest clinic visit

I attended chest clinic yesterday for the first time ,the news I received was not good .Everyone was kind and helpful, the news I receieved was sought of expected but delivered in a kind and sensitive way which was much appreciated .I left feeling that I was going to get the help I need, and that there is a way through this and ultimately I will live longer and feel better . Also a big thankyou to the two week wait clinic service, if NHS cuts are made lets not lose a service like this one .Once you have a poor CXR you just want immediate results ,anxiety is a big issue.Thank you chest clinic.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 11 February 2015

Kornelia Buckland gave Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great service at Hospital

Visited Hospital couple of weeks ago for an Allergy test at the Eden Unit. The staff at reception and the nurses were just brilliant. I was seen very quickly and got detailed information. Got answers to all my questions etc.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

dave maunder gave Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

great

I had to visit the hospital as an outpatient It was from the first a great experience although I wished to be else where as anyone else would like to be I found the staff so helpful and I felt I was important and I would like to place on record my thanks to the rei staff

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 February 2015

Derriford Hospital replied on 23 February 2015

Good afternoon,
I am so please to hear that you had a great experience with the REI department. I will ensure that your kind comments are feedback to the department.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on NHS Choices
Best wishes
Genny

FK gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E visit on Sunday afternoon

Took my husband, after a riding accident, to A and E. We were both really satisfied and impressed with the speed and care offered by the staff. Everything just flowed and the pain relief was administered quickly. To my surprise, parking was so easy too. Thank you to all the staff on duty.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Derriford Hospital replied on 23 February 2015

Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for posting your comments on NHS Choices.
It is always nice to hear when patients have had a good experience with us. I hope your husband is recovery well following his riding accident.
Please be advised that I will forward your lovely comments onto the staff.
Best wishes