Derriford Hospital

01752 202082 Derriford Road, Crownhill , Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8DH

Rob M gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Droopy Face

I attended A&E yesterday with a dropping right side of my face.
I was seen by the nurse in 5 minutes, by a doctor who diagnosed and prescribed in 10 minutes.
I was worried, but the treatment was brilliant, and I wasn't made to feel like I was wasting time as I wasn't in all that much pain.
It took longer for the Pharmacy to dispense than the whole time in A&E.
I feel I must congratulate the team, who were impressive and excellent.

Thank you so much.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 11 April 2016

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

Margt123 gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Derriford Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ct colonography

I was extremely impressed with all of the staff during my visit. They were so informative and reassuring.Excellent service from start to finish of my colonography ct scan.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

Anonymous gave Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hartor Ward - health care for elderly men

The whole family were massively impressed with every aspect of the ward, from care at feeding to knowledge of the patient's history, from friendliness and attentiveness of staff to administering medicines. Faultless in every respect.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 20 April 2016

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

andrea mallatratt gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 1 stars

first and last bad hospital experience

admitted to a&e sunday 17th april in there from 10 till 6 waiting for a bed.Admitted to eau ward then and put in a side room due to what i was suffering from.A colonoscopy was decided for the next day so was moved to the sau hound ward for it,all this time we had to chase the staff for answers.I asked monday morning if i could eat was told yes heard nothing about the colonoscopy and was then told it was going to be the following day tuesday 19th april.We asked if i could eat the following morning told yes again which i thought was strange and they then decided to say i was having the colonoscopy on the ward and then told it was going to be as an outpatient. I had had enough by then so A kind consultant from the diabetic side decided to let me come home.The care was absolutely shocking on the sau hound ward,no nurses didnt no what the other one was doing they were all over the place never came in to check i was ok apart from the first morning visit for blood pressure,absolutely disgusting .

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 21 April 2016

Laura gave Maternity services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Midwifes were amazing!

I had a baby back in Kent 9 years ago and it was awful I swore I'd never have another baby again!

Last week I had my 2nd child in derriford hospital and they made the experience so much better than my first. The midwifes were amazing so helpful and understanding. I had two as the shift changed and the handover was amazing. Even though I was having contractions I could hear the midwife who was finishing handing over to the new midwife and I was so impressed with the communication! I couldn't have asked for more. They even persuaded me to get in the birthing pool and it worked a treat!

Conclusion don't listen to all the stories you hear everyone's experience is different.

Thank you midwifes of derriford you are a credit to that hospital!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital Admission via A&E

I was admitted to Lynher ward via A&E in the early hours of Saturday morning. I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment received in A&E and following treatment in Lynher ward. The staff from the cleaners to the consultant were excellent.Thank you all.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 21 April 2016

Dick Wells gave Dermatology at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Impressed

The main entrance is on 'Level 6' which is rather confusing along with levels decreasing upwards which is counter intuitive. That said I found the department without too much difficulty after help from friendly receptionist.

Reception desk in the department was brimming over on both sides of the desk with staff so that I had to check the sign twice to be sure I was in the right place. Waiting area was pleasant and access to WiFi very pleasing as I could read news on my phone. It could have been pointed out that there is a screen on the wall to announce in writing when consultant ready and what room as I sat with my back to it and only luck made me aware of it.

To my amazement my appointment was bang on time. The consultant was charming, efficient and caring, taking time to explain my problem and what the treatment was for and how to use it. All in all excellent service and exceeded my expectations, thank you Derriford. Let us all fight to keep our NHS in our hands and out of the profiteers!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 29 April 2016

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

Phillip Milford gave Colorectal cancer services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colorectal Team

I would like to thank the colorectal team on the care I received. I was a bit nervous to start with but soon put at ease with the confidence that all of the colorectal team showed. The care I received before I had my operation was second to none as well as my post operative care. Again thank you well done derriford.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 29 April 2016

Anonymous gave Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent care provided at a very stressful time.

excelllent care given twice,once by Lyner ward and again by Shipley ward. Care and dignity shown for my relatives at all times. Very lucky to have this hospital on my doorstep!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 March 2016

jeje gave Gynaecology at Derriford Hospital a rating of 4 stars

meavy ward

I had Treatment at meavy ward. Nurses are nice and Kind. But unfortunately there was no bed. I have been waiting for two hours and then the procedure has been started in the consulting room. I had an appointment in advance !!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 18 March 2016