Derriford Hospital

01752 202082 Derriford Road, Crownhill , Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8DH

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Saturday admittance

On the afternoon of Saturday 2nd July 2016, our daughter was admitted to Derriford Hospital via two out-of-hours doctors and A&E, suffering with severe adult bacterial tonsillitis. We want to thank the out-of-hours doctors, the A&E staff, and the ENT doctor and specialist who treated her with expertise and compassion in the A&E department. Thank you very much.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

Valerie Cannon gave Respiratory Medicine at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

PIU and Postbridge

I had a bronchoscopy yesterday and was treated with overwhelming efficiency, kindness and empathy by every single staff member involved. It wasn't a pleasant experience but the staff certainly did their part to minimise the distress because they were just so lovely to me. Thank you. I can't tell you what a difference it made.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 14 July 2016

Anonymous reviewed Ear, Nose & Throat at Derriford Hospital

Hearing aid repair service

Like a previous review, I couldn't find opening times for hearing aid repair. After looking at website where opening times for department show as five days a week 8 to 6, I duly arrived and paid for 2 hours parking (thinking this would give me enough time to wait to be see at this drop in service) on Thursday morning, only to be told that the repair service doesn't operate then! Please could someone update your website to make the opening times available.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016

Annie gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Derriford Cardio team five star

I was admitted to Derriford on Monday and moved to Bickleigh ward early evening. I stayed till Friday and can't praise the staff & facilities enough. Everyone from the team of coronary consultants, doctors and nurses, lab staff, ward nurses, catering & cleaning staff were so caring and efficient. I was very apprehensive but supported every step of the way day and night. The lab staff where the procedure took place were awesome, efficient, informative and reassuring. I would love to give each person involved in my care a mention including the Tavy team who identified my problem 4 weeks prior to my admission but know that's not possible. You are all very special people and all do your job with a perfect combination of efficiency and care. Who knows what path my life would've taken without you all. Thank you from the bottom of my grateful heart. ❤️

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 23 July 2016

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

Peter Moate gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

huge thank you

I attended A&E on 9th June with a suspected TIA. I was seen within minutes of arriving, the triage nurse arranged for an immediate assessment by the specialist stroke team. The staff were truly professional and caring. My sincere thanks to the whole team.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 20 June 2016

Alistair Lawson gave Neurosurgery at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fabulous People

My son is currently an in patient on Moorgate Ward having had surgery on an abscess on his brain.
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. Without exception - doctors, nursing staff and support staff - all have been brilliant. Professional, engaged, enthusiastic, knowledgable, compassionate .... my list could go on.
Thank you for caring for my precious son.
Alistair

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

Anonymous gave Urology at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

happy

Although the wait was long dragged and I was starving my nut off as I couldn't eat before my minor day operation, the hostpital makes you feel welcome and the staff were incredibly friendly. They respected you and we're easy to talk to which talk the pressure off of being sedated. The next thing, I wake up to the ease of the staff's presence. They got me out of the hostpital quickly but appropriatlely which made the long wait at the start a little easier to deal with. At the end of the day the nhs can only provide the service they do with the money they are given. Many thanks to the people who worked on me.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

Theresa Mitchell gave Maternity services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Midwifery services at Derriford Hospital.

My daughter gave birth to a healthy baby girl on the 19th June 2016
I was privaledged to have the opportunity to be present during her labour and throughout the birth of my grandaughter.
I cannot praise the service enough for their professionalism and including my daughter in decision making. Furthermore they provided the appropriate information to enable her to make an informed decision.
The midwife and student midwife's knowledge and expertise were very impressive. Above all they were empathetic and compassionate.
We were also well informed of the process in theatre by the doctor who really did listen to concerns and explained everything thoroughly. Providing us with options.
The anaethatist was also very informative and kind. I truly cannot fault any of the staff present in the theatre.
Finally the staff on Argyle ward were friendly and welcoming. The health care assistant demonstrated how to breast feed and the information and encouragement will ensure my daughter perseveres with this.
A huge thank you to all of the staff involved you are a credit to the NHS and the specialities you represent.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 22 June 2016

Anonymous reviewed Neurology at Derriford Hospital

Terrible treatment by a neurology consultant

After being taken into hospital as an emergency I cannot fault the paramedics and the team that took care of me in the emergency department, they treated me with respect, care and compassion and very quickly. I have nothing but praise for the very overstretched but professional
Nurse in MAU and the lovely nurse on Braunton ward. However Derriford you were splendidly let down by your neurology consultant who felt it in their remit to undermine patients, make them feel they were wasting time and it was ok to be rude and arrogant,had no desire to help or even listen to the patients needs. The only concern was to get them out the bed.
Not to mention the fact how they felt the need to speak to a nurse so badly and make them feel so terribly small, when they were doing their job 'helping the patient'
Maybe just maybe if the consultant took a leaf out of the nurses book, it would make them a better person in getneral, not only did it make myself feel uncomfortable but also that if their 3 junior colleagues who stood round my bed with their heads bowed.
Shame on you Dr!
After such an unpleasant experience and meeting such a vile dr, I now worry that I have to have any more to do with such an unpleasant person and I worry for any future patients.
I hope the complaint that has been put in against them holds up and they reflect on their practice .

Well done to the rest of the professional who looked after me.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 24 June 2016

lesley ogden gave Neurosurgery at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

neurology dept moorgate ward

I wish to praise the respect, caring, friendliness and support I encountered from all staff when my grandson who suffers from severe brain damage was admitted to.moorgate ward. Staff were polite, treated my grandson and myself extremely well at all times during our stay.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 25 June 2016