Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

Telephone: 0116 276 9401
Address: Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 1HY
Website: http://www.nuffieldhealth.com/leicesterHospital

(1 rating)

Kelly Bailey-Stock gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Childrens care

my 6 year old daughter ended up here by pure chance to have an adenotonsillectomy but we are so glad she did. The care and attention is outstanding. You are not "just another patient" here, the staff genuinely care, so much so we were getting phone calls at home to ask how she was getting on...not expected at all but a lovely gesture.
Full credit needs to go to her two nurses, they couldn't have done any more or been any more caring if they tried, not only were they amazing with my daughter but also very supportive to myself, with what turned out to be quite a traumatic day. My thanks to them will never be enough.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 23 November 2013

Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital has not yet replied.

anna-marie gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

overnight stay

I went in yesterday to have my gallbladder removed, I stayed in overnight. The room was amazing, bigger than many hotel rooms I stayed in, it was extremely clean, with a big en suite bathroom. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I had my own nurse (until her shift ended) and the choice of food was vast, and tasted lovely. Apart from the discomfort from the op, it felt like a holiday. I was very impressed with everything and everyone.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 06 February 2013

mellors74 recommended Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

Absolutely brilliant

What I liked

A brilliant place with very friendly staff who care about their patients. Food was exceptionally good.

Visited in July 2010. Posted on 22 July 2011

Anonymous reviewed Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

Cleanliness was very good,catering staff and food were lovely.Private room and..

What I liked

Cleanliness was very good,catering staff and food were lovely.Private room and bathroom was fabulous.

What could have been improved

Nursing staff,I was made to feel under classed as I was an nhs patient. After having my gallbladder removed at 6pm the following morning i was asked to vacate the room by 11 am.I was in pain and wasnt given any pain relief as i was nhs and would have to pay.I had to wait downstairs in the foyer for an hour until my lift arrived as they wanted me to vacate my hospital bed 15 hours after surgery.

Visited in August 2009. Posted on 05 March 2010

Robert recommended Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

I have had experience of a number of procedures and operations at Nuffield...

What I liked

I have had experience of a number of procedures and operations at Nuffield Leicester and everytime including this time when I went in for a inginiual hernia operation the wonderful kind caring attitude of the staff and nurses has always remained excellent, helpful and kind. From the moment I arrived in the hospital reception everyone was so kind, helpful and I was treated with dignity and respect. I would recommend the hospital most highly to any patient from the quality of the nursing to the cleanliness of the rooms. The food so important to recovery was excellent and beautifully presented. I got the distinct impression that all at Nuffield Leicester from the manager down were dedicated to a very high standard of care for which I am grateful.
I do not hesitate in recommending the hospital and its care to friends and family.

Any other comments

Visited in February 2009. Posted on 23 November 2009

Janet recommended Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

l was treated with curtesy and respect, even though l was a NHS patient. l...

What I liked

l was treated with curtesy and respect, even though l was a NHS patient. l could not ask for better treatment

Visited in August 2009. Posted on 19 August 2009

Tina recommended Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

Although I was only in a few hours for a procedure I had my own room, really...

What I liked

Although I was only in a few hours for a procedure I had my own room, really nice as it made me feel more relaxed.
No rush afterwards to leave, I could leave when I felt ready.

Visited in May 2008. Posted on 14 August 2009

Anonymous did not recommend Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

There was one nice nurse after my operation. If not for them, it would have...

What I liked

There was one nice nurse after my operation. If not for them, it would have been devastating. The nurse who looked after me for my pre op assessment was also wonderful. My surgeon is brilliant!

What could have been improved

The whole place is quite dismal. It looks more than 30 years out of date from the outside and 20 years out of date on the inside and needs a bit more than a lick of paint. Not what you would expect from a private hospital. The nursing care post op for me was not at all what I have experienced in the past at other hospitals - private or NHS. They seemed to have compassion fatigue. I honestly have never experienced anything quite so upsetting in a hospital after an operatrion to have an organ removed!

Any other comments

I had my gallbladder removed on the eve of 25/2/09. My surgeon is a genius and I chose a BUPA hospital they work from. At my pre-op assessment, a grumpy receptionist barked "Who are you seeing?" I said I came in for a pre-op assessment and told them my name. They barked "Take a seat! Take a seat!" inappropriately for I was the only person there and they didn't look very busy.I was friendly to them! The assessment nurse was nice. I mentioned the receptionist and they agreed that they was normally grumpy. When I went in for my night time operation, the hospital was so busy with not much staff. Things went fine before and during the op. The post op care was horrible! I woke in my room disoriented in bad pain. I rang for the nurse-they came in demanding to know what I wanted. I was still so drugged all I could say was "help!". I needed water and I needed pain care. They left.I came-to again & rang for the nurse saying "I hurt so much". They said I couldn't have more pain relief.My water was out of reach. I asked them to move the table nearer. I drank the water in the tiny cup, the jug was too heavy to pour in my condition-post-op plus anaesthetic-I asked for them help. They poured the water and left.Later needed the loo, the drain attached in my side was agony & I was nauseous,unsteady and dizzy, A nicer nurse helped me in & out of bed. The pain was fierce all night.The morning nurse came in. I needed help to the loo. He said You were up once before why do you need help? He took me in & left me there. I sat in loo for 40 min. till I could get strong enough to get out. When they removed the drain I yelled out in pain.Something was wrong for it to hurt like that. They yelled at me for shouting in pain saying this is a hospital full of sick people! I said I had 2 children and it didn't hurt like that. They said "Glad I wasn't there!" they was so rude. Not enough room to say how rude this nurse was! When my husband came,the same nurse was so nice- Jekyll &Hyde.I'd never choose Nuffield again!

Visited in February 2009. Posted on 10 March 2009

clare reviewed Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

Went into nuffield 3 weeks ago i was a nhs patient and i couldnt beleave how...

What I liked

Went into nuffield 3 weeks ago i was a nhs patient and i couldnt beleave how nice every one was and the hospital so clean, everythin was perfect. many thanks clare.

What could have been improved

(Tell us your experiences in 500 words or less)
The "Your thoughts" part of the site is still being developed.
Your comments may not be published for some days after you have submitted them.

Posted on 26 August 2007