Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital

0800 015 5020 Scraptoft Lane , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 1HY

Peter Williams gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing quality of care

I had my tonsillectomy at this hospital and was amazed at the care and attention I received from everyone. The room was clean and comfortable which helped to reduce my anxiety, due to this being my first ever operation I was very nervous but when I was taken to the operating theatre I was no longer worried. I was able to joke with staff and they were polite, attentive and caring. They were all in a really good mood which made me feel more upbeat and therefore less stressed. I could not think about anything to complain, and when I woke up in the recovery room after the operation I felt normal. I left the hospital smiling and my recovery is so far going well (I'm on day 3 post-op). The room was great as it was spacious and clean, when I closed the curtains it was nice and dark which helped me to sleep properly and relax. Nurses, the anaesthetist and the surgeon all came to talk to me about the operation and allowed me to ask any questions. I did not stay overnight. Heating and cooling was available in the en-suite room as well as a large LCD television. I was offered a choice of foods to eat after the operation, the food I was given was tasty and fresh. I can't thank everyone enough for the service I received, I'm really happy and grateful and would recommend this hospital.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 January 2017

Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital has not yet replied.

dave gave General Surgery at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care.

Arrived feeling very nervous being my first surgery but from being registered in to leaving I could not have been treated better. I was shown to my own private room and was soon introduced to my care nurse who was so friendly and reassuring. I was in turn visited by my consultant surgeon, Anaesthetist, and other nurses, all of which treated me with great respect and although very professional were willing to share a laugh and make me feel very much at ease. After my surgery I was cared for in the recovery room and again I was treated with excellent care before being returned to my room. I was soon visited again by my care nurse and my consultant to inform me of how my surgery had gone and to provide me with after care. I was soon visited by a member of staff to take my food and drink order and they soon arrived with a lovely and very generous plate of salad and sandwiches. Once the necessary requirements had been met I was discharged and I have to say that I could not have better treated anywhere. I would like to say a very big Thank You to everyone that provided for my care and needs and making what I thought was going to be quite a traumatic experience into a pleasant and relaxing one.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 25 November 2016

Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital has not yet replied.

Elizabeth Earp gave General Surgery at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Had knee surgery

Came in on 11th January to have knee surgery can't say a bad word from minute I came in to the time I left ed

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital has not yet replied.

chris teagle gave General Surgery at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hernia operation

From the moment I walked through the main entrance (after parking my car for no fee) for my initial consultation about my Hernia I felt relaxed and confident that I was going to receive the best treatment for my condition. This was proved right and a week after my surgery I still cant believe how good this hospital Is and how fantastic the team from reception to surgeon work together .
Of coarse this is a Private hospital but my work was done through the NHS.I was given a list of six hospitals including other private hospitals where I could get my treatment , I am so glad I chose Leicester Nuffield.
I would like to thank everyone in the highly professional team especially the surgeon who made me feel so relaxed and secure when I was feeling apprehensive about my operation . I must also say the catering is sensational !!
If you get a chance choose this Hospital.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 01 October 2014

Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital replied on 04 October 2014

Dear Mr Teagle,

On behalf of Nuffield Health we would like to thank you for this lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to our hospital. We are very pleased that your whole experience was pleasant from start to finish (including the food!). We would like to wish you all the best on your road to recovery. In addition to this I can also advise that your feedback has been shared with the team at Leicester hospital.

From the team here at Nuffield Health, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the NHS choices website.

With Kind Regards,
Ben
Nuffield Health Consumer Care

Kelly Bailey-Stock gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nuffield Health, Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Childrens care

my 6 year old daughter ended up here by pure chance to have an adenotonsillectomy but we are so glad she did. The care and attention is outstanding. You are not "just another patient" here, the staff genuinely care, so much so we were getting phone calls at home to ask how she was getting on...not expected at all but a lovely gesture.
Full credit needs to go to her two nurses, they couldn't have done any more or been any more caring if they tried, not only were they amazing with my daughter but also very supportive to myself, with what turned out to be quite a traumatic day. My thanks to them will never be enough.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 23 November 2013