Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Michael Gowan gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Result of cycle crash

Had a very heavy crash while racing a time trial event on my bike. Brought into A and E on Saturday 13th Aug 16 and from the reception to going into resuscitation area was brilliant nurses Consultant etc were superb and as I was pretty banged up broken ribs,scpular collar bone. Got out late evening and had to return two days later to have lung drained in Ambulatory ? dept. During my visits for follow up today am so impressed with all staff from reception to consultants x Ray dept and ct scan dept and physio who all have a smile and are so efficient.Thank you to all concerned

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to write to thank the staff for the care they gave you.

I have passed your message on to the team in A&E and know everyone will be very grateful for your kind words. Receiving such an appreciative message means a lot to our staff, who all work incredibly hard.

I was sorry to learn you had been in a cycling accident and I hope that you are making a good recovery.

Thank you again for your message.

Janet gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

brilliant response from the ENT dept

I would like to thank the wonderful the doctor for their rapid response to the serious ear disease that I had and emergency operation that followed. I cannot fault the care I received from the doctor, the registrar and the nurses in the short stay unit. With gratitude Janet Shaw and my family and friends.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 29 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to write to thank staff for the care they gave.

I have passed your message on to the matrons and senior nurses for both the short stay surgical unit and the ENT department, who I know will be delighted to read it. Receiving such an appreciative message means a lot to staff who all work incredibly hard.

I hope you are continuing to make a good recovery.

Thank you again for writing.

brilliant response from the ENT dept

I would like to thank the wonderful consultant for their rapid response to the serious ear disease that I had and emergency operation that followed. I cannot fault the care I received from them, the registrar and the nurses in the short stay unit. With gratitude Janet Shaw and my family and friends.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 29 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

I have passed your message on to the matrons and senior nurses for both ENT and the Short Stay Surgical Unit, who I know will be delighted to read it. Receiving such an appreciative message means a lot to our staff who all work incredibly hard.

I hope you are making a good recovery.

Thank you again for writing.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 3 stars

A very long day at the Royal Surrey

My daughter had a contact lens stuck in her eye. We arrived at A&E around 11 am and were Triaged at 12.30, which seemed a very long wait indeed considering she was in pain. We saw a Doctor at 1.30pm who made an appointment for us at the Eye Clinic at 2pm. So far so hopeful. However things deteriorated in the Eye Clinic as we waited until 3.30 and there was no sign of anything happening at all. On enquiringly at the desk I saw my daughter's paperwork sitting on the side. The receptionist had not processed it because it was missing the patient details top sheet and had not told us anything was amiss. Since there was no one free to deal with it, I offered to go back to A&E myself to collect it, which didn't take longer than 10 minutes, but we waited until nearly 5pm before being seen by 2 Doctors. We were prescribed antibiotic eye drops, but pharmacy said we had to wait 30 minutes for them. We were so exhausted having been at the hospital over 6 hours we said we would come back the next day! We do understand delays due to staffing problems but this was ridiculous!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. Here at Royal Surrey we strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered that. All complaints and concerns are taken very seriously and as such we would like to investigate your daughter's experience. Please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net. In the meantime, your feedback has been noted and passed onto the relevant departments.

Chris Hackshall gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful care and kindness

From the moment the paramedics arrived at our home to my being discharged the following day from Clandon ward, every person who attended my care showed a clear passion for their job and a totally professional attitude. Observations very regular and I was always included and fully informed as to what was going on and what would be happening. The quality of care and the skill of the doctors and nurses involved in patching my head up was excellent. I never felt overlooked and the quality and choice of food as very good. I was very impressed with everything at The Royal Surrey Hospital. They are all amazing.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 06 September 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

I have passed your message on to the Matron and Senior Nurse for Clandon Ward, who I know will be very grateful for your kind words. Receiving such an appreciative message will mean a lot to the team, who all work incredibly hard. Your comments concerning the food have also be shared with our caterers.

Terrier reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

The Royal Surrey County Hospital

I recently had occasion (the result of a referral from Worthing Hospital) to visit the Day Case Unit at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford for a series of exploratory tests which resulted in an unexpected five day stay.
This was my first visit to the hospital and I have to say that I was greatly impressed by the level of care shown by the wonderful members of staff at all levels considering it was a Bank Holiday Weekend.
At a time when the NHS is suffering as a result of financial restraint and severe media criticism, I feel that I must give credit where it is due.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 08 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

I have passed your message on to the relevant members of staff and I know they will be very grateful for your kind words. Receiving such an appreciative message means a lot to our team, who all work incredibly hard.

Roger Gabriel reviewed Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Very good service from Opathalomolgy staff.

I have had x 2 cataract removals over the past few years and was very well treated on both occasions. Out-patient clinics a bit slow but surgical staff first class. Would be happy to receive further advice and or surgery. The new facilities are welcome..

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 10 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 11 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to read that your surgery has gone well and you felt well looked after. We strive to provide the best care anywhere and we are very lucky to have a great team who work together to make this happen. Please be assured that your message will be shared with the Eye Clinic.

Anonymous gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

X ray dept

Found the service very efficient, no waiting. Very courteous and explained evrrything. Excellent all round.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 10 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 11 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to read that you received excellent and efficient care. We have a great team here at Royal Surrey and we are very proud of them. Please be assured that your message has been shared with Radiology.

Rob_bhafc gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

10 Calls (11 now) to change an appontment?

I was sent a letter confirming an appointment made for me with Audiology. The date clashes with an important conference for my work so I need to re-arrange the appointment as soon as possible. At 9:10 am I made my first attempt via Audiology's direct numbber-after a couple of minutes of ringing their phone clickdd into a recorded message which is totaly unrelated to my rason for calling. Then the call was ended.Repeat the process 10 times (direct calls, throught outpatient appointments, main switchboard and general inquiries. I got the exact same result every time. The final call was to the main number of the hospital (another 10 minutes) when I asked to speak to a manager. I was put through to some phone in the hospital but nobody could be bothered to answer the call. I have not yet managed to re-arange my appointment after 10 attempts,. That is totally unacceptable.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 15 August 2016

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been successful in your attempts to change your appointment.

Please email us at rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net so that we can get some more information and can arrange for a member of the audiology team to contact you.

Kindest regards,
Communications

Anonymous gave at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Hospital Feedback

My Sister was rushed into your hospital last Friday. She has ovarian Cancer,your staff have prevented her from having a drain fitted to drain her stomache and she was to have her Chemotherapy today which didn't happen because one of your Junior docs made a mistake by saying your still waiting for her anti immune bloods. This is poor patient care,you have prevented my Sister from getting better and now you have drugged her up on diazepam and morphine. Disgusting I'm appalled this is my sister's life your playing with.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 16 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. Here at Royal Surrey we always strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed to read that we appear not to have achieved that on this occasions. Please be assured that all complaints and concerns are taken extremely seriously. In order for us to investigate your sister's experience, please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net.