Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Iggy W2 reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

A master class

I had a prostatectomy at The Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford. The operation was successful and without any complications and included the removal of lymph nodes.
I was discharged the following day in the afternoon.
This was the second part of the treatment instigated by the Urology Consultant Team at Frimley Park Hospital and, in my opinion a master class in the processes, scheduling, logistics in ensuring that everyone involved was available as well as all the facilities needed for a successful outcome.
I am mindful of the skills of the Urology Team at Guildford which incorporated the Anesthetists and post operative care. I was particularly appreciative of being assigned a Prostatectomy Clinical Nurse Specialist who was my go between the Consultants and post operation teams. Very valuable and comforting when I contacted her with some questions and requesting advice. The finishing touches to my excellent treatment and experience.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 06 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I will pass your comments onto my colleagues in urology, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Receiving such an appreciative message always means a lot to our staff, who all work incredibly hard.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Walk in emergency

I was seen within 25 minutes. A full set of tests were carried out with results available in one hour. I could not be more satisfied in the way I was treated.Truly excellent.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 08 January 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, which is always gratefully received.
I'm pleased to read that you were treated so efficiently and that you were satisfied with your treatment.
I will pass your comments on to the team in A&E and know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.

Doreen Daly gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

patella fracture

I tripped & fell while out shopping and badly fractured my patella. From the first responder ( who was amazing) to me being discharged 7 days later, every person I met was fantastic. I am so grateful to all concerned for repairing my knee & I am walking properly which I hadn't expected to do. I was told there were multiple fractures & it would take a long time to get better. So here I am, so pleased with all those wonderful people that helped me on my way. After care was just as good, so don't anybody tell me the NHS is no good. Thank you all so much

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 13 March 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 13 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the orthopaedic team, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My cataract operation.

My left eye was operated on for removal of a cataract in October last year. For the next two months or so I had some difficulty in seeing properly, due to the imbalance between my eyes. I was warned that this may be the case. My right eye was operated on for removal of a cataract in January this year. When I removed the dressing the morning following the operation I was delighted that I could see properly, that is my distance sight. Both operations were completed fairly quickly and with little discomfort, thanks to the surgeon.
Nearly three months following the second operation my sight is still pretty good, and my new spectacles have improved matters a great deal. I still have to use drops for my glaucoma; three in the morning and two in the evening. Unfortunately the appearance of my eyes has changed, looking rather droopy, and there are red rings under each eye. This embarrasses me, but my new glasses hide this somewhat. I am pleased with the result of the cataract operations, and I am very grateful to the consultant.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 March 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

Paul C gave Maternity services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

St. Catherine's & Delivery Suit

We would like to send a big thank you to all the staff involved in the care and delivery of our daughter who was delivered via C Section in September! The staff were helpfully, friendly, caring and worked as a team making us feel that my partner was cared for before, during and after the delivery. The Staff although they were stretched & very busy, managed our expectations as best as they could. They were professional and reassuring during the delivery and supported me as well as my partner. Please make sure all the staff involved including the housekeepers who essentially made the environment clean and safe for us are thanked and recognized for all the hard work they do.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 17 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 21 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have passed your message on to our maternity team, who I know will be very grateful for your kind words. Receiving such a lovely message always means a lot to our staff, who all work incredibly hard. Thank you again for writing a review.

Mike Kemp gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency treatment for my sister

Thank you so much for the outstanding treatment given to my younger sister last week. The staff in both the Intensive Care Unit and Wisley Ward have been exceptional during an extremely traumatic time and we are all truly grateful. Thank you.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 11 September 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you very much for your kind words, which will be greatly appreciated by the teams in ICU and on Wisley Ward.

It was very thoughtful of you to take the time to share your feedback.

chris gave Surgery - Breast at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

5 * service

Recently I was diagnoised with malignant melanoma, and was completely taken aback and in shock when I received this news. I would like to thank each and every one of the 36 HCP that looked after me throughout my journey. Dermatology, The Breast Team, The Theatre Staff, Recovery, all the Lovely Nurses on SSSU and the charming Pre Assessment Nurse who gave me a full MOT. How lucky are we to have access to these services and to be cared for by such a great team of individuals when we are at our most venerable. I was treated with respect, given choice and options of what treatment I received and felt safe all the way through my journey. An organisation is only as good as the individuals that work in it. Which is why I’m giving the Royal Surrey County Hospital Foundation Trust work force 5* - You guys are the Bee’s Knees! Thank you all x

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 14 October 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 31 October 2016

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review of your experience at Royal Surrey. I'm pleased that you found everyone to be professional and kind. The team will be delighted to read your comments.

Sue Hyem gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent inpatient stay for total hip replacement

I was a booked admission, and found the medical and nursing staff friendly and professional throughout my stay.I was kept well informed of what to expect at every stage, and received good support from the physios and OT staff post-operatively. I would like to thank everyone who contributed to my care - including porters, X-ray staff and those in the labs behind the scenes, who often go unrecognised. Many thanks to the surgeons and theatre staff too - I'm really pleased with my increased mobility to date (3 weeks post-op).

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 21 September 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write and thank the staff who looked after you. I am pleased to read that your treatment went well and you are already enjoying increased mobility as a result. Please be assured that your message will be passed onto the appropriate members of staff, who I know will be delighted to receive it. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Keith gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

So impressed felt safe

The level of service I received in a and e and max fax unit was astonishing, extremely friendly co operative staff from receptionists to nurses and to doctors. I agreed with them what the best plan of action was in my situation and even after being very emotional and scared during the procedure I was still treated very kindly by all staff which in turn made me feel a lot calmer and safer through out all aspects. Extremely happy and had wonderful service 10/10

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 26 September 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 October 2016

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to thank the staff for the care you received. Coming into hospital can be very daunting, so I am pleased to read that the staff were able to put you at ease and make you feel safe. I have passed your message on to the departments you have mentioned and know they will be very grateful for your kind words. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

What wonderful treatment

I was admitted into the Day Surgery Unit yesterday. I arrived full of anxiety and apprehension and was immediately reassured by a charming HCA who took me to my ward. My ward bay was clean and tidy with a very comfortable bed and everything I needed. Without exception, everyone with whom I came into contact throughout the afternoon was cheerful, friendly, very inclusive and extremely professional. From HCAs, through nurses, theatre staff, recovery nurses and consultants, I was treated with respect, my questions were answered clearly and above all I felt safe and secure. The staff were just so kind. All of my needs were met and, at several points, anticipated. Mine was, mercifully, quite a small procedure, but I really would have no concerns about being in the hands of the RHS staff for any procedure. Even my post operative sandwich was fresh and very welcome. The last hospital stay I had was in a private hospital which was, as one would hope, as pleasant an experience as it could be. But I did not have any better treatment there than I had yesterday from the NHS team. Many, many congratulations on this unit and please do pass my thanks and my congratulations onto the department and teams involved. They are absolutely brilliant.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 27 September 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to thank the staff for the care you received. Coming into hospital as a patient can be very daunting, so I am delighted to read that the team in the Short Stay Unit were able to put you at ease. We are lucky to have a great team, and they will be delighted to read your comments. Once again, thank you for your feedback.