Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

Couldn't fault the outstanding care I received yesterday night from an ambulance crew from Tongham and all the staff in the A&E department at RSCH. Not only impressed with my care but also the way in which the staff dealt with other patients, some of whom were elderly or very sick indeed. Everyone seemed to work together seamlessly and the atmosphere was calm and reassuring. I was given options about pain relief and drip vs oral rehydration. The staff went to great lengths to explain what they were doing and why to every patient - difficult not to overhear of course. No one was patronising and people were conversed with on an individual basis according to their level of understanding. Although this enabled me to form a general view of the service provided as well as my own individual experience, my only issue is that cubicles really should have solid side walls rather than curtains. I think that would give people more privacy. The individual next to me was clearly very ill and it was impossible not to hear everything that was going on - I found that rather harrowing. By all means keep the curtains at the entrance for ease of access and observation.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 05 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 April 2014

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us.

It is great to hear that you reveived outstanding care when being treated at our A&E department. We have passed your feedback and comment about the cubicles for the department to consider.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Annie gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

I attended A&E on 1st April and the care I received was second to none. The staff were extremely caring and I just couldn't fault them. I hope not to have to attend again but feel safe in the knowledge that if I do I'll be well cared for.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 08 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 09 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Royal Surrey.

It is great to hear that you were very well looked after in our A&E department. We will ensure that your kind words get passed on to our A&E team.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Hjayneg gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Sons care

I would like to say how impressed I have been with the team on hascombe ward! My son was in for nearly a week and he was treated so well. Please say thank you to all the nurses and docters.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are pleased to hear that your son received great care. I have passed your comments to the team on hascombe ward which I am sure they will appreciate.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Annabel Ware gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a&e head injury early morning 13 April 2013 Annabel Ware

I just want to say how impressed I was with the care that I received last night. The ambulance was fast to arrive and they looked after me very well reassuring me about what would happen when I arrived at hospital. The team waiting sorted my poor head out quickly and efficiently and were very kind and supportive. Thank you so much to you all for making such a horrid experience as good as it could be.

Annabel

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 13 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is pleasing to hear that you received great care at the A&E department. I have passed on your feedback to our A&E matron, to ensure that the team on duty get the recognition they deserve.

Thanks again, we hope you are recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

breathing difficulty

I visited A&E Sunday 13th around 7am. As my chest was tight and wheezy so I said to reception how long it would be as if it was busy and would be long I would go to Woking walk in instead. No reply on that point and she registered me. Reception area had only one person waiting. A while later I was called for triage and the nurse said it was very quiet. Nearly 8am I went to reception and explained I was getting worse, she said she couldn't do anything I had to go into the treatment room to talk to someone, she showed no intention to assist me in any form/manner. I could see it was quiet in the treatment area, a nurse told me they were waiting for GP, didn't explain anything to me. So I thought they were waiting for doctor to come down. I mentioned that I needed inhaler but it was ignored. Around 8am a nurse came out and told me to go to Thams Docs next building. I got there and they said my appointment was 9.20. I explained to them what happened and they couldn't believe that A&E didn't do any thing with breathing difficulty patient. I started to get worse as hyperventilated and feeling fainted so I saw doctor at 9am, she also couldn't believe what happened. OK I wasn't dying but I had breathing difficulty with tight chest due to chest injection and needing inhaler. As it was Sunday I had to wait till 10am for chemist to open. I understand if A&E was extremely busy and sent me to Thames Docs but the fact is it was quiet and no assisting was offered to ma at all.
Today I went back to my usual GP as my breathing is still bad and my lung capacity dropped. She couldn't believe that A&E left patient with breathing difficulty unattended! She said she was sorry that I had to go through terrible time at your hospital. I'm extremely disgusted with your treatment. I'm a vet nurse and our animals are treat far beyond better than you did to me that day! Animal arrive with breathing difficulty if vet is busy we nurses will monitor them closely and give oxygen treatment if it required. I was left without any intention to assist me although I said I needed inhaler as I was increasing hyperventilating! This is far beyond lack of duty of care that you people commit to deliver. I'm very angry and disgusted with your unprofessionalism, laziness (on that day as it was quiet so people wanted to take it easy?) and zero duty of care.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 22 April 2014

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with us. Please can you email us at rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net so that we can get more information from you to conduct a thorough investigation.

As an organisation we actively encourage an environment of continuous improvement. We value all feedback so that we can ensure that where there are opportunities to improve we act upon these.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Peadatric A&E - The Royal Surrey

I had to attend A&E with my son yesterday. I was very impressed by all the positive and professional staff, and especially grateful to the kind male student who found me a phone charger to use. When your child is unwell, its stressful. The fact that the staff in the department went that extra mile was greatly appreciated.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 25 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 25 April 2014

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience with us.

It is great to hear that your son received excellent care at our A&E department. We have passed your positive feeback to the team.
Thanks again, we hope your son is recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Robin Bannister gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bramshott Ward

I was unexpectedly admitted to hospital two weeks ago I thought you might be interested in my observations. I was very impressed by the two Consultants who saw me before I was admitted - nothing was left to chance. I was then lucky enough to be admitted to Room 6 of Bramshott Ward where I found all the nursing staff and Healthcare Assistants to be first class, both caring and efficient. It is hard to single out individuals but two particular staff nurses, one with his calm efficiency spring to mind. Another member of staff was a ray of sunshine and cheered me up every time she entered the room and to watch her cajoling an elderly patient to eat his dinner was an emotional experience. I would also like to mention the cleaner. I have rarely, if ever, seen anyone work harder than she does. How she keeps going at such a pace is a mystery to me.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience and received a great service at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Mrs A Brownie gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hascombe ward

I had to take my daughter to A&E on the evening of 26th April, where we were seen very promptly. We were referred to Hascombe ward and ended up being admitted overnight. I cannot speak highly enough of the care and attention my daughter received from both A&E and Hascombe ward. In particular I would like to mention the doctor and nurse of Hascombe ward who were both extremely professional, caring and gentle with my daughter. I sincerely feel she received the best possible care that night.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 07 May 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 08 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is great to hear that your daughter received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to both A&E and Hascombe ward to ensure that the team on duty get the recognition they deserve.

Thanks again, we hope your daughter is recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Mick skerry gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mick skerry Ewhurst ward. best and kindest staff ever.

I was in Ewhurst ward we broken bones all over.
The staff doctor s nurses second to none.
Always at ease.take my hat of to our great hospital .
Mick skerry.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is pleasing to hear that you were well treated at our hospital. We will pass your feedback to the team to ensure that they receive the recognition they deserve.

We hope you are recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Shirley Knight gave Surgery - Breast at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast cancer and mastectomy operation

At the beginning of March I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and was subsequently given a mammagram,ultrasound and biopsy. This was very quickly followed with an appointment with the surgeon, who explained my various options very clearly. I opted for a mastecomy and was subsequently operated on at the end of April.
I would like to put on record how very kind and helpful all the staff were; the surgeon and his operating team, the breast nurses and doctors and all the staff in the wards at St. Lukes.
I am81 years old and you can understand how apprehensive I was at having a major operation at my age, but everyone was so kind and helpful and did their best to make me feel comfortable.
Thank you so much.
Shirley Knight.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 07 July 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.