Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

Clive Chard gave General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Excellent medical/surgical attention, however...

the ward staff appeared to be under pressure and therefore did not give the attention I felt as a patient I needed.

Food... cold and inedible.

On my discharge paper it states "living alone - No" when in fact I do live alone.

Main lighting in the ward was too bright and wasn't switched off until approx 11pm.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 May 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

EF-B gave Physiotherapy at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent customer care

My daughter has been receiving physiotherapy over several months.

I would like to commend the terrific physiotherapy service - she was fantastic with my daughter (aged 10 when she started physio), explaining all processes to her in such a way that my daughter never had to query what was going on or why certain exercises were important.

Most importantly, however, was the thoughtfulness shown by the physiotherapist when she knew that either myself or my husband would struggle to take time off work to attend the hospital with our daughter. At our last appointment she was going on a course, but rather than reschedule our appointment (at 8.30am) she came in to treat my daughter before going on her course because she knew how difficult it was for us to take time off work.

This, more than anything, shows a very caring, thoughtful person, who considers the patient holistically. This, to me, is excellent patient care. I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to her for this. I realise that what she did wasn't 'life-saving', but sometimes good care is just about acknowledging the wider circumstances of the patient and taking this into account.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is great to hear that your daughter received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. It is also pleasing to hear that one of our physiotherapist's helped to make your daughter's experience as good as it could be and went above and beyond the call of duty to deliver exceptional care.

I have passed your kind comments to the Physiotherapy department to ensure that they get the recognition they deserve.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care accross the board

I would like to commend the Royal Surrey County Hospital on the excellent care that I received during three recent admissions.

I was cared for in A&E, EAU, Elstead ward, main theatres, EPU and day surgery.

During all of this time I had contact with a very large number of hospital staff all of whom were compassionate, hard working and very thorough. I have the misfortune of having some long term health problems which has meant that I have had contact with numerous healthcare staff over many years in different settings. Whilst I have previously had excellent care elsewhere, it is unusual to have had such positive experiences across the board in one setting and RSCH should be proud of the care that it is providing.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 28 May 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is great to hear that you received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your kind comments to the relevant teams to ensure that they get the recognition they deserve.

We hope you are recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Monica gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Just thanks, but the Pharmacy lets you down

I too like the other user must mention the appalling delay in obtaining my medicines from pharmacy on my discharge. I was asked to leave the ward asap which was very inconvenient to my husband who was going to collect me (1.5 hrs journey) but he eventually managed to change his plans and drive up, only for me to wait fully dressed for 2 hours on the ward for my discharge papers to be supplied. When we went to the discharge room were told that a further 2 hours was needed for the medication to be prepared, what, one minute you want us out asap and then we have to suffer this wait, I thought initially the lady on reception was joking, and she suggested I mention this to PALS which my husband did, only to be told that this awful wait was no exception. I should also add that a girl had been waiting since 7.30 for an ambulance to take her home that morning also.
Could not a list of meds that a patient requires be sent to the pharmacy earlier so the meds and the patient leaving be married together?

Having said this I cannot thank you enough for the treatment and care and attention you gave me during my recent set of procedures and whilst I am not looking forward to my large operation in June I can say that I will feel safe and secure with all the lovely staff I have already met.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We're sorry to hear of the delay in receiving your medicines from the pharmacy. We will pass your feedback to the pharmacy team for their consideration and improvement of the service provided.

On a positive note, it is pleasing to hear that you received great care and attention at the Royal Surrey.

Dave Maw gave Urology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiotherapy treatment for Prostate cancer

I have recently completed 22 days of radiotherapy for prostate cancer. I was very impressed with the efficient service and kindness of the various staff I met, particularly the members of the LA3 team. If possible, please pass on my comments to their Head of Dept.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 02 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and received excellent care. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

CRS Graham gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment for melanoma cancer

I was recently referred to the Maxillofacial Department and could not have been given greater care than I received from the doctor and her staff. She was exceptionally caring and empathic, explaining every procedure and maintaining constant communication at every step through the excellent services of her secretary. I also had contact with a number of people in the radiology department whilst having various scans and procedures and there too I was given excellent service and care. The elective surgery unit, whilst never an enjoyable experience, was made easier by the attention of the staff. If my experiences are an indication of how Royal Surrey County Hospital is run it can be proud of its staff and the service it offers to the public

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 07 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.

Peter Bennett reviewed Gynaecology at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Don't go on a weekend.

Gyno Dept staffed by trainee GP who totally mis- diagnosed and just went home on sat/sun despite being told of the medical emergency.
No ultrasound available to determine clinical need...
Only get ultrasound exam if clinical need determined!

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 19 October 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Good Care

I have been a patient twice this year, firstly for a planned knee operation and was very well cared for by all staff.

At the end of May ,over the Bank holiday weekend I attended A and E on the Saturday evening feeling very ill with Cellulitis, having been on oral antibiotics for 24 hrs and becoming increasingly ill. I was given very good care and admitted to the overnight emergency ward. I particularly wanted to comment on the care given to the other patients in that ward . There were 3 elderly ladies , one of whom had fallen and was disorientated and confused . The young nursing staff were excellent and very caring when they were extremely busy.
The next day I was taken to Hindhead ward and for the three days I was there I had good care. However the care that the male nurses gave the very elderly patients ( 95 and 86)was exemplary, very caring , pleasant and helpful, both during the day and at night..
This is not to say that the other nurses were not good as well but the kindness shown by the male nurses stood out to me. The host team were wonderful as well with my follow up care. We are lucky to have the Royal Surrey, Thank you.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and both received and observed excellent care at the Royal Surrey.

We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved.

Best wishes
Royal Surrey County Hospital

Mick skerry gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mick skerry Ewhurst ward. best and kindest staff ever.

I was in Ewhurst ward we broken bones all over.
The staff doctor s nurses second to none.
Always at ease.take my hat of to our great hospital .
Mick skerry.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is pleasing to hear that you were well treated at our hospital. We will pass your feedback to the team to ensure that they receive the recognition they deserve.

We hope you are recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Shirley Knight gave Surgery - Breast at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast cancer and mastectomy operation

At the beginning of March I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and was subsequently given a mammagram,ultrasound and biopsy. This was very quickly followed with an appointment with the surgeon, who explained my various options very clearly. I opted for a mastecomy and was subsequently operated on at the end of April.
I would like to put on record how very kind and helpful all the staff were; the surgeon and his operating team, the breast nurses and doctors and all the staff in the wards at St. Lukes.
I am81 years old and you can understand how apprehensive I was at having a major operation at my age, but everyone was so kind and helpful and did their best to make me feel comfortable.
Thank you so much.