Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely amazing!

I want to say a huge thank you for the staff who were working the night shift in A&E last night (15/03/14). I genuinely cannot believe how kind and compassionate every single member of staff was from reception, nurses and the doctors. I was seen and comforted so quickly, it was just incredible. Considering the amount of patients that come through the door, I was made to feel valued, important and cared for. You all made what was a very stressful time, so much easier. Thank you.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 16 March 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that you had a good experience when being treated in our A&E department. It is pleasing to hear that all members of staff you encountered treated you with the best care, anywhere- in line with our Trust strategy.

I have passed on your feedback to our A&E matron, to ensure that the team on duty get the recognition they deserve.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Hannah gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing staff!

I had my tonsils removed on Friday 7th march and I have never been in a hospital were they cared so much for their patients. Everyone in the day surgery unit was lovely to be around and were so re assuring before and after the opp. I will recommend this hospital to everyone and thank you to all the lovely and caring staff

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 10 March 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Ear, Nose and Throat services.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience at the day surgery unit and that all our members of staff were reassuring and acted with kindness.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Amazing staff!

I had my tonsils removed on Friday 7th march and I have never been in a hospital were they cared so much for their patients. Everyone in the day surgery unit was lovely to be around and were so re assuring before and after the opp. One lady was lovely. I will recommend this hospital to everyone and thank you to all the lovely and caring staff

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 10 March 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with you.

It is great to hear that your operation went well and that our staff members made you feel reassured and calm prior to your operation. It is great to hear that our staff are continually working hard to deliver the best care anywhere, in line with our Trust strategy.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Sarah S gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Paediatric A&E 5th March 5pm

I had to bring my 6 year old son in for something
minor. We were booked in by a charming and professional lady.
A kind and happy Sister saw us promptly and took the details of his problem.
A specialist doctor was called (ENT) we had a wait but we were
Kept informed of the reason for this and fully understood.
The department started filling up with patients but all the time staff were calm
And happy, children quiet and parents at ease.
The ENT doctor was brilliant! Very kind, happy, clearly competent and put my son
At ease. The procedure was over quickly and painlessly.
We stayed for a few more minutes so she could keep an eye on him
And then we were allowed to leave.
So happy with the service, you should all be really proud of the
Hospital A&E team.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 06 March 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Royal Surrey.

It is great to hear that our ENT team kept you informed with the situation, as communication is paramount in the Trust. It is also pleasing that the procedure went well for your son and that our nursing staff were on hand.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Rebecca Horton gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My 12 year old son broke his jaw

I just want to thank all at Royal Surry...nothing hurts more than seeing your child in pain, and trying to keep yourself together for their sake is hard. All the Doctors and Nurses, were so kind and explained everything to me from the start. I was told they may have to cut through the side of his face and drill into his jaw, that his jaw could be wired up...things you really dont want to hear, but Maxilofacial were fantastic, a metal plate in his lower jaw, a couple of stitches at the top, and minimal wiring...We had a couple of nights in Hascombe ward and were looked after so well...The nurses are so busy, yet they have time to sit and explain things to you, to ask how you feel...they even wanted to make my bed up for me! I had to tell them i can look after me, you just look after my son...Royal Surry thank you for you proffessionalism, your caring staff, you really set me at ease and i cant thank you enough

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 24 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review the A&E service at the Royal Surrey.

It is very pleasing to hear that our doctors and nursing team not only cared for your child but also for you as well. Our staff recognise that it can be tough on parents as well as the children, so it's great to hear that the teams you encountered made you feel well cared for and reassured.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Jenny Stonor gave Gynaecology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent aftercare

Many thanks to the Staff Nurse and the rest of the superb team (particularly the nurse who stayed to help when she already had her coat on to go off-duty) who looked after my friend (and me!) so well when she felt very unwell following a hysteropic outpatient procedure on the afternoon of Tuesday, 18th February 2014. You really couldn't have done a better job. Be proud of your staff, RSH - it is individuals that make the NHS work, and the aforementioned ones are certainly some of the best. My friend, the patient, joins me in these comments.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 19 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that the gynaecology team looked after you well and that a member of staff in particular went above and beyond to ensure that you and your friend were okay. I will ensure to pass your kind comments on with the team so that they get the level of recognition they deserve.

Anonymous gave Urology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 2 stars

More training needed

I was seen in both gastroenterology and nephrology departments. In both departments I was seen by doctors who are sorely lacking in interpersonal skills. One didn't and wouldn't answer my questions regarding my health, another made disparaging remarks about my weight without any knowledge of my health issues, and spoke to me like I was stupid... I told her that too and she back tracked a bit. Another doctor who spoke to my male partner instead of me, the patient! Departments cannot liaise with one another via computer. It's all very outdated technology -wise and personal skills-wise, had to wait so long for appointments to be made, messages left for dept. secretary, none returned. 7 visits up to now and several times waited well over an hour to be seen for 5 minutes.. and still waiting to be treated!

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 19 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are interested to look in to your case further so that we can investigate. If you could, please send an email to rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net, referencing this, so that we can look to resolve this.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Gill Biunc gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I am writing with regard to my mother Mrs Phyllis Olive Cooke who sadly died at home on 13th January this year.

During the last few years my mother has had frequent admissions to hospital and visits to your A&E mainly following falls. My mother was an elderly frail lady who had dementia and was therefore very confused. I cannot speak highly enough of the care that my mother received. She was always treated with the greatest respect and kindness. It was not always easy to care for my mother and the busy staff went out of their way to look after her often with one to one 24 hour care.

I felt I must write and let you know this in a time when hospitals are often criticised for their care of the old and vulnerable.

On behalf of my father and rest of the family I would like to thank you for all your care of my mother.

Yours faithfully

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 19 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at what must be a difficult time for you and your family.

It is very touching to hear you speak so highly of our services and I will ensure to pass your thanks on to the A&E team. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Caroline Greenwood gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Visit to A and E

I visited A and E at about 5 pm on 13 February with an injury to my elbow following a fall. I was seen within 15 minutes by a nurse (sorry I did not get her hame) who arranged for an x-ray and and afterwards paid great attention to explaining the result. Everything was completed within an hour and I left with clear instructions and very reassured. I should like to thank her for her care.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write and share your feedback with us.

Communication with patients is paramount and we are happy to hear that the nurse explained your diagnosis thoroughly and clearly. We will ensure that your kind words get passed on to our A&E matron to disseminate with her team.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ecellent stay

Care quality of staff was exceptional
Everyone was very helpful and communicated to me exactly what was happening and why
Nurses in particular went the extra mile to be helpful.
Food was ok and plentiful and facilities were good

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that the quality of care you received was to a high standard and that our nursing team ensured you were informed at all times. It's always nice to hear comments about the food and the facilities too as we are continually looking to deliver the best care anywhere.