Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Ross gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Seen extremely quickly, looked after by highly trained nurses who communicated with me well and gave me a clear diagnosis. I am extremely lucky to have such a service so close to my home.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 June 2016

Thank you for going to the trouble of writing to thank the staff in A&E who looked after you. I am pleased to read that you were seen quickly and diagnosed. Please be assured that I will pass your message on to the team in A&E who I know will be delighted to receive it. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

clan line gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service

Had to take my 12 year old to A&E early this morning, always a daunting prospect! We couldn't of asked for a better service, the triage nurse was reassuring and quickly arranged for the first doctor to undertake a further assessment. The doctor was excellent calming a nervous patient and parents...a second doctor was just as good. We've (thankfully) never had cause to use this hospital before and although hoping we won't need to be back anytime soon I can't praise the team there enough. Thank you.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 22 June 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 01 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our A&E service. Coming into hospital at any age can be a daunting experience, so I am delighted that the team were able to put you all at ease. Please be assured that your message will be shared with the staff in A&E, who I know will be delighted to receive it. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Great for the op, poor treatment at the follow up appt:(

A game of two halves. The emergency op for my child went well, A&E were brilliant, radiology was quick and efficient, great anaesthetist for the surgery, and lovely nurses in every department. We truly appreciated how well they treated our young child.

*However*, when we went back to have the cast cut down and the fractures x- rayed, we waited a grand total of four hours in the out patients department due to what seemed to be a series of administrative errors.

The staff didn't seem to know how their own queuing system worked - we were told to take a ticket after signing in electronically, only to be told by another staff member that there wasn't a ticket machine. It was almost as if the appt had never been scheduled, although her name was on the electronic board and a nurse repeatedly came to tell us that we were next - sadly, that wasn't the case.

It wasn't until I approached another nurse - three plus hours in - to say that if they were having scheduling problems that we could come back another day, that we were finally ushered in to a harried looking doctor who was unfamiliar with her case and made her cry, by ripping a plaster off without warning. Tremendous bedside manner, although to the doctor's credit, the fact that she was by this time now starving may have been a mitigating factor.

She's due to go back for follow up, and a further op, but because of the unevenness in care, we are now extremely hesitant about doing so. We have heard similar reports from other families who won't come here and were reluctant to believe them, but after this, now we know why. What a shame.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 22 June 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 04 July 2016

Thank your for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. I am pleased to read that your daughter had a postive experience in A&E and during surgery. However, I am concerned that the same experience was not replicated in our outpatients clinic. Here at Royal Surrey we always strive to provide the very best care for all of our patients and I am disappointed that this appears not to have happened on this occasion. All complaints and concerns are taken extremely seriously and we would like to investigate this. Please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net, in order for us to look into your daughter's case. In the meantime, you feedback has been noted and passed on to the relevant members of staff.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Staff were amazing

My daughter fell off her bike and ended up with a deep cut to her face. She came in terrified of what might happen to her, whether the doctors would be cross with her, no amount of reassurance from me would calm her down. The Nurse calmed her right down and explained everything very clearly, and that she wouldn't need an operation!

My daughter only wanted to be seen by certain Doctors and Nurses which the staff made sure would happen, they really went to a lot of effort to re assure my traumatised 7 year old.

We were then seen by a Doctor who was also equally as impressive with keeping my daughter not only calm but smiling! They then sorted out the huge cut on her face and sent us on our way, We were in an out in approximately 1 hour with a little girl who said on the way home the next time she has to go to hospital she wont be scared.

Could this review please be sent to the staff in the accident and emergency childrens centre please? I would appreciate them knowing how much we appreciated their professionalism and all round excellent work. If you would like to know the staff who saw my daughter please contact me as I know their names. thanks again.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 25 June 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 01 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to thank the staff who looked after your daughter. Coming into hospital at any age can be a daunting experience, so I am delighted that the team in A&E were able to put her at ease and even get her smiling. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with the department, who I know will be delighted to receive it. I they will be particularly pleased to read that she would not be scared to come to hospital in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

E Curran gave Maternity services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic experience

I've recently given birth to my first child who was born on the midwifery led unit at RSCH. The staff were fantastic (especially senior midwife) who was looking after us for the majority of the labour.

Post-natally, all of the staff on the ward were welcoming and helpful, despite being run off their feet and incredibly busy. I felt able to ask for help, and when I asked if I could stay in another night to get some more help with breastfeeding they were very encouraging of this decision.

We had a fantastic experience and wouldn't hesitate to recommend RSCH maternity to friends and relatives.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 01 July 2016

Thank you for going to the trouble of writing a review to thank the staff who looked after you. Here at Royal Surrey we understand that little in life compares to the sheer emotion, excitement and elation of welcoming your first baby into the world and we were delighted to share this special experience with you. Please be assured that you feedback will be shared with the team in maternity, who I know will be delighted to receive it. Once again, thank you for your kind comments.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Help - Bankers hours

I have tried to obtain information advise out of hours with no avail. Not only from the RSCH also from GP & 111, no help available at all .A sorry state of affairs when the only time I can obtain help is from 09.00/17.00 hrs Monday to Friday.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 29 June 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 04 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry that you were unable to obtain the information you required out of hours. I will pass your comments on to the manager of the area so they can look into your concerns.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class service

I attended ENT Outpatients (OPD 8) and was called to be seen as soon as I had checked in using the electronic reception system. I was early for my appointment but didn't even get to sit down in the waiting room but simply went straight to the Consulting room. I was seen by the Consultant too which I hadn't been expecting. I was very impressed by the quality of the service I received.
I also really like Costa coffee so was delighted to see I could get a cup while I was returning to my car.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 01 July 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 01 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write and thank the staff who looked after you. We value all feedback, but it is always a pleasure to read such positive review. Please be assured that your message will be passed on to the team in ENT Outpatients, who I know will be delighted to receive it. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Sue Giddings gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

emergency admission with jaundice

I was referred to A and E by emergency doctor on 16th June as I had jaundice. The staff were amazing- thorough, efficient and caring. They explored all the possible diagnoses and I was admitted to Elstead Ward on 17th June. The staff on Elstead ward were extremely caring, kind and efficient. I found my consultant and their team have been extremely efficient, caring and thorough and have kept me informed at all times. All tests have been carried out without delay, including an endoscopy and I have been given prompt feedback . The follow up appointment was excellent with the team involved in the appointment. I have had contact numbers since discharge for the Specialist Nurse and the Dietitian so I have felt reassured that I have had a point of contact for my queries. I would highly recommend RSCH to friends and family as I could not have had better treatment! Thank you to all staff who treated and cared for me!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 01 July 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 04 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your visit. Here at Royal Surrey we are very proud of our team, who always strive to provide the best care anywhere. Please be assured that I will pass it on to all the departments mentioned and I know they will be very pleased to receive it. Once again, thank you for your message.

Della cooper gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

DISCHARGE LETTER

My daughter had emergency surgery recently. On the day the doctors said she could leave. Around 4pm.a nurse took her canula out and said not long now. It got to 8.30 and still no sign of discharge letter so we left at 8.45ish. As my daughter just wanted to be home. At no point did anyone say how important this discharge letter was!? We would have stayed and waited and now we cant get a copy!!!
Stupid petty nasty way to go on! Now her G.P.has no idea she has had surgery and more importantly she cant get the 2 week sick note she needs from work!
Disgusted is an underestimate!!!!!!!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 05 July 2016

We strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered this. Please email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net, so that we can investigate your daughter's experience and assist with getting the information she requires.

Echo Mike reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

You've Gotta Have Heart

I have known that for a number of years I have had an irregular heart beat but was un-aware how much it had started to slow me down in day to day activity and was frustrating me in carrying out the daily tasks to care for my wife and myself. the first class care and monitoring from my g. p. and practice team and their liaising with the royal surrey county hospital, resulted in a telephone call from the hospital inviting me for a stay with them, free, gratis and for nothing, which lasted five days and nights following which they sent me home with a " rolls -royce " dual-chamber pacemaker fitted and functioning perfectly.
Care, treatment and personnel attitude to what they were about could not be faulted. I do not know how much all of that cost but I can tell you the value of what I received and the value of quality of life now being experienced is immeasurable.I feel proud of the NHS.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 July 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 05 July 2016

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review of your experience at the hospital. Here at Royal Surrey we strive to provide the best care anywhere and we are very proud of our staff who all work incredibly hard to achieve this. Please be assured that I will pass your feedback on to the cardiology department, who I know will be very pleased to receive it. Once again, thank you for your message.