Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Bob Friend gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in RSCH

Third time I have been admitted to Albury ward . I can't thank Doctors Nurses and all other staff enough. I doubt I could have better care as a private patient. I would also like to thank the staff in A & E and EAU for their excellent care when I was admitted. It's very reassuring to know that if I need any urgent care it is there 24 hours a day.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 11 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 06 January 2017

Here at Royal Surrey we always strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am delighted to read that you received such excellent care.

Please be assured that your message will be shared with those departments mentioned, who I know they will be thrilled to receive your kind words.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Mark K reviewed Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital

i was reffered to Eye Clinic at RSCH after routine eye check

After a routine eye appointment, I was referred to the Eye Clinic at the RSCH. I received a call the following morning from the eye clinic. The staff at the Eye Clinic were outstanding and ran every test possible on my eyes. I was given an MRI scan within days. The Consultant is a credit and after given devastating news they were such a nice person. A letter arrived a few days later with all they had spoken about. All the staff at the Eye Clinic are a credit to the NHS.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 17 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 21 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, which is always greatly appreciated. Here at Royal Surrey we are so lucky to have such a great team, who always try and treat each patient as if they were a member of their own family. I have passed your kind words on to the Eye Clinic and know they will be delighted to receive them. Once again, thank you for your message.

R Spalding gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent visit to A & E and EAU

I have just received excellent care in both the above units. All staff were thorough and attentive and I was so well looked after.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 21 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 21 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent care at Royal Surrey County Hospital. I'm so pleased to read that you had a positive experience. We have a great team, who always strive to provide the best care anywhere. They will be delighted to read your kind words.

Owain Glyndwr gave Oncology - Medical at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Oh dear

Car park at rear rutted and inadequate, very poor signposting, hard to find department I needed and parking charges extortionate. I can hardly believe cancer patients are being charged £15.50 a week to come for their treatment! On two occasions I was kept waiting an hour and a half or more after my appointment time, and no staff member approached me to explain the reason for the delays, though this was known in both cases. I felt this was disrespectful - a bit like being in a sausage machine.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 19 December 2016

Here at Royal Surrey we strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered that.
I also note your comments on our car parking facilities.
If you would like us to look into your experience further, please email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net.
In the meantime, all your comments have been passed to the relevant departments.
Once again, that you for taking the time to share your views.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I would like to thank everyone, the staff at ESU, the surgeons and anaesthetists, nurses, all on Elstead ward and all after care staff who have called me everyday. One week after operation I am out and about, well and feel grateful for the kindness and care I was given and also the professionalism of the staff.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 28 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 19 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always greatly appreciated.
I will pass your comments on to the Elective Surgery Unit and Elstead Ward and know that my colleagues will appreciate your kind words.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a short review of your experience.

Geoffrey Fisher gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment at Short Stay Surgery Unit

I was first on the list at 7.30 on a Monday morning and found all of the staff cheerful, courteous and professional. Apart from the surgery itself of which I was unaware, the morning spent in the unit was a very pleasant experience.Thanks to all the staff both there, in the theatre and in the recovery unit.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 03 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. I will pass your message on to the Short Stay Surgical team, who I know will be delighted to receive it. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I can't tell you how grateful I feel for the sensitive and supportive care of my daughter recently. I have to particularly mention the ward receptionists but actually all of the little acts of kindness from everyone from the staff on the meal trolleys and the junior doctors and the Consultants made all of the difference to my daughter.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 06 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. I have passed your message on to the Matron of our Children's Ward and know that she will be very pleased to receive your kind words. Receiving such an appreciative message will mean a lot to our staff. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Valerie Garrett gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS at its best

I was taken to hospital by ambulance in the middle of the night recently by the most caring, wonderful and professional ambulance crew. Upon arrival at A & E I was surrounded by amazing staff who made me feel incredibly safe and cared for during what could have been a very traumatic experience. I spent a week on Albury Ward where the care given was exceptional from the Consultant to the doctors, the lovely caring nurses who always had a smile on their faces and who all deserve a medal, the catering staff, the cleaning staff and reception staff were all so cheerful and helpful. This the NHS at its very best and if you ever need admittance to the Royal Surrey you will be safe, cared for and made to feel as happy and comfortable as you can be. Thank you so much to you all.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 10 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 14 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Here at Royal Surrey we are incredibly proud of our team, who always strive to provide the best care anywhere.

I have passed your message on to all those mention and know that they will be very pleased to receive your kind words.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Visit to Endoscopy Unit

I had a procedure carried out in the Endoscopy Unit on Thursday 10 November and must say that all the staff were very pleasant and the Unit had a very calming atmosphere. Well done, everybody.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 13 November 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 14 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Coming into hospital can be a very daunting experience, so I am pleased to read that you found the unit had a very calming atmosphere.

Please be assured that you message has been shared with the team in Endoscopy, who I know will be delighted to receive it.

Once again, thank you for your kind words.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Hopes were high, but disappointed

I had my first child in November 2016. The care on the postnatal ward is excellent. Staff are very helpful and friendly. I would give their care a 10/10. However I was very disappointed in the treatment I received in St Catherine's ward the night I went into labour. I felt that my wishes were not taken into consideration at all. I didn't ask for much, just an epidural if the pain was too much for me to handle (there would have been plenty time to give one). Needless to say I gave birth with just gas and air. I had a positive outlook on natural birth and even attended hypnobirthing classes at the hospital. My views have since changed and would consider another hospital if I ever were to have more children. Sadly disappointed.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 12 February 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 13 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit to Royal Surrey.
I am pleased to read that you found the postnatal ward 'excellent' and that staff were very helpful and friendly.
However, I note your concerns surrounding your labour.
Here at Royal Surrey we always strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed to read that we appear not to have delivered that on this occasion.
We take all concerns extremely seriously and as such our Head of Midwifery has been made aware of your comments.
In order for the Trust to investigate this further, please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net.
Our maternity department also has a birth reflection listening service and we would like to offer you an opportunity to talk to this service.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.