Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

6 hour wait to see a Dr in a and e

Left for 6 and 1/2 hours to see a Dr in absolute agony. Was made to feel like a painkiller thief the amount i had to ask. Then given medication I am not allowed due to a on going medical condition. Then discharged still in the same way. Made me feel like I shouldn't be there

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. In order for the Trust to investigate your experience, please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net. In the meantime, your comments have been passed on to the relevant members of senior staff.

claire huelin gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

maxillaryfacial surgery

I arrived on 16th February for my surgery on my jaws the next day . the staff were very caring towards me and were very polite .

thanks to my consultant for doing my operation and all the staff that looked after me during my stay in the clandon ward after my 3 hour operation .

i would higly recommend the hospital and the staff

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent trip to Royal Surrey County Hospital. I am pleased to read that the staff looked after you well and your found them always to be polite and caring. Here at Royal Surrey we are so lucky to have a great team who always strive to provide the best care anywhere. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words. Once again, thank you for your review.

Philip Holloway gave Cardiology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pacemaker Fitted

I had a pacemaker fitted. The staff ere very caring and professional. They put your mind at ease. The Doctor was Brilliant the doctor talks to you all the time.

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you for taking the trouble to leave your feedback on your recent visit to Royal Surrey County Hospital. Coming into hospital for a procedure can be very daunting, so I am pleased to read that the team were able to put you at ease. Here at Royal Surrey our staff always strive to provide the best care anywhere and it is feedback like yours that makes all the difference. I have passed your comments on to the cardiology team and know they will be delighted to receive your kind words. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

G Rasburn gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Shocking

For the second 3rd time in a row an appointment that I shouldn't have had, nobody talks to each other and so far I have taken 3 days unpaid leave for hospital appointments and spent a fortune in parking. If they can't even arrange an appointment correctly how on earth can I trust them to operate on me!

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 February 2017

Here at Royal Surrey we strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered that.
If you would like us to look into your experience, please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net.
In the meantime, all of your comments have been passed to the relevant departments.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.

referee reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

I first went to the hospital at Guildford Hospital and they explained...

I first went to the hospital at Guildford Hospital and they explained everything and showed me and my wife all that will be done at the East Surrey Hospital after she said which hos[ital I would like to attend.
When I got to the hospital again the people there were so kind and again explained every detail so it put my mind at rest.
During the operation the nurses made sure I was ok all the time.
When I was moved into recovery the people there again made sure I was ok and the cup of tea was the best you could have after 24 hours without a drink of tea.
When or before I was able to go home the nurse then again explained what if I had a problem and what to do.
I must say being a little bit apprehensive about the operation everyone I met and spoke with put my mind at ease and I was able to be more relaxed about the whole procedure.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017 using Care Opinion

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 February 2017

Thank you for taking the trouble to share your experience of your recent visit to Royal Surrey County Hospital.
Coming into hospital for surgery can be incredibly daunting, so I am pleased to read that our nurses took the time to reassure you at every step.
Your kind words have been shared with the team and I know they will be delighted to receive them.

Emma gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

maxillofacial surgery - Day unit

A huge thank you to all of the team that dealt with me at the day unit. Everyone was extremely caring, kind, helpful and reassuring from beginning to end. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful my visit here was, and how amazing the staff were. Everyone made the time to speak to you and made sure you felt comfortable. A big thank you once again.

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am pleased to read that you have a positive experience at our Maxillofacial day unit and were put at ease by the team. They are always delighted to receive comments such as yours. Thank you for thinking of us.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good care

My husband was admitted as an emergency. The areas he passed through were
A&E, EAU,& CCU. I appreciate he was treated in high dependency areas but in each area
the treatment& care were excellent. Through out his stay he was treated with courtesy & consideration from the cleaner up. It was not perfect but you are not in hospital for a holiday
but hopefully get better& leave. In the discharge lounge there were one or two grumbles
nut the nursing staff were unanimously praised from the various wards.

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit to Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I'm pleased to read that the staff looked after you and your husband with courtesy and consideration.
We're so lucky to have a great team and I know they will be delighted with your comments.

Anonymous reviewed General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Very caring staff

After I raised concerns about the lengthy waiting list for surgery I was contacted promptly and able to get a cancellation appointment for day surgery with a surgical team.

Unfortunately what was supposed to be a day surgery turned into an overnight stay due to the long delays getting into theatre. The nurses were thoughtful, attentive and reassuring throughout. I suffer from anxiety and everyone on the ward that I spoke to took the time to deal with me patiently and kindly. The doctor was very kind, explaining the procedure thoroughly beforehand, reassuring me in the recovery room and took the time to follow up and explain the surgery afterwards.

It's obvious that the NHS is under a lot of strain but the staff are doing an incredibly good job.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience at Royal Surrey.
Coming into hospital for a procedure can be incredibly daunting, so I am delighted to read that the team took the time to reassure you throughout your stay with us.
Our staff work incredibly hard and it is feedback like yours that makes it all worthwhile.
I've passed your comments on to our surgery team, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff who were working on A&E major's on the 8th of Feb. I was sent there by my GP and was seen quickly. Even though the ward was very busy, every single member of staff I encountered were friendly, helpful, caring and efficient. I know that the speed in which the diagnosis was given and treatment started really helped me to recover faster. Thank you so much for all that you did for me :)

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 27 February 2017

We are incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic team in A&E who always strive to provide the best care anywhere.
Your message will be shared with my colleagues in the emergency department, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Cardiac Clinic today [1st February, 2017]

Thanks so much to all the brilliant staff, including the specialist nurse of cardiology and the treadmill assessment staff who were so welcoming; helpful and reassuring when I visited today. I cannot thank you enough!!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. Here at Royal Surrey we are incredibly proud of our team and I am delighted to read that you think they are great too. Coming into hospital for tests can be daunting, so I am pleased to read that the team were able to put you at ease.
Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with the team, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.