Royal Surrey County Hospital

Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and skilled antenatal care

Excellent service received at Royal Surrey County Hospital on 20th February from Midwife Sonographer. She was both thorough and friendly. This was a demonstration of clinical expertise and patient care at their best.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 03 March 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 14 April 2015

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience. I will make sure your comments are passed onto the maternity department.

dave146 reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

My experience

I was patient in the Royal Surrey for elective robot assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy under the care of Mr Krishna Patil during March 2015.
From the moment of arrival to my discharge three days later, my expectations were surpassed by the level of care and attention I received from every level of the medical and support staff. Notably outstanding were: the pleasant reception on entering Compton Ward after surgery; the progress visits from the surgical team; the continuing nursing care even the choice of food. The cleanliness was also maintained to a high level.

It was a totally satisfying experience that I have recalled to my family and friends.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 09 May 2015 using Patient Opinion

Good morning,
We are delighted that you had such a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to write a review. This is great news and I will be sure to pass your kind words onto the department to share amongst colleagues.

neonlite reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

I was treated with the utmost kindness and dignity

I recently attended Royal Surrey County hospital for what should have been a routine CT scan. The scan result showed I had kidney and bladder stones.
I was admitted immediately and at midnight the same day underwent an operation to insert a stent. I am 78 years old and this was the first time I had received hospital treatment for nearly 50 years.
Having read various reports of being stuck on a trolley for 24 hours and not even been fed and watered I was very apprehensive. My fears were unfounded. I was in hospital for four days and was treated with the utmost kindness and dignity. The staff were most sympathetic and obliging and the food was good. I did not go hungry or thirsty.
I would liked to have stayed longer as I was very shaky when discharged but was very glad of a roll up when I left. I would not be perturbed at having to go back into this hospital. I have already written to the hospital to thank them for their care.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 May 2015 using Patient Opinion

Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we put your mind at ease.

Anonymous reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

I want to express my appreciation for the excellent care I have experienced...

I want to express my appreciation for the excellent care I have experienced whilst under the care of this hospital for pancreatic cancer. At all times the consultant, specialist nurse and the dieticians took great trouble to ensure all matters to do with my diagnosis and management were fully explained and understood and always available to answer questions by phone or email.
The general ethos of patient centredness was something I encountered on my first visit, standing waiting for my wife, my outpatient letter in my hand, a man in hospital garb walked past, stopped, turned round and asked if I was alright and knew where I was going. My daughter also reported the same experience when searching for whichever ward I had been moved to. She said she never needed to ask as someone always asked her.
The nurses I encountered on each of the various wards shared in the ethos of patients centredness and I was greatly impressed by the comment of one nurse when I made a remark to her that the duty consultant seemed very nice. She responded that “they are all nice – and they work so well as a team”. I asked her if the nurses also felt part of the team. Her eyes literally lit up “Oh yes! They all take the trouble to learn all our names” Covering so many wards this must be a large number of nurses.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 11 May 2015 using Patient Opinion

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback on this site, we are delighted that you had such a positive experience. We always strive to put the patient at the centre of everything we do. I will pass your comments onto staff in the cancer centre to share among colleagues.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care of my brother in intensive care for last

My brother has been in your intensive care unit for the last 2 weeks. We have been very impressed by the unit/nurses/doctors/staff who are caring for him in such a professional way. He is still critically ill & in intensive care but just wanted to say that we could not ask for beter care.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 18 February 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 02 March 2015

Good afternoon,

We are sorry to hear that your brother is still in intensive car but want to thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments at this hard time. I will pass your comments onto the team in intensive care and wish your brother a speedy recovery.

Rosie Krause gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful nurses

The nurses were amazingly friendly and caring, I think the comfort they provided helped my recovery quite a lot. One was especially helpful, please make sure to let her know how much I appreciated her help and care.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 19 January 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 March 2015

Thank you for writing your feedback. We are very pleased that you had a positive experience. We will endeavour to pass your comments onto the lady mentioned.

Peter Howe gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb A&E care

My wife fell over and fractured her upper left arm. She is a professional musician, so this was a bit serious. The staff at the RSCH were, as always, superb. Within the hour, an x-ray was carried out and treatment given, along with a very rapid appointment with a fracture specialist.
We wanted to thank everyone on duty last Saturday morning for their professionalism, care and efficiency.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 19 January 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We are very pleassed that you and your wife had such a positive experience. I hope your wife has fully recovered and is back to her music. I will pass on your feedback to the staff that were present.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Paediatric A&E

I attended A&E during the peak of the recent problems with waiting times. I was concerned about a long waiting time but was lucky to have been met with a near empty Paediatric A&E.

The sister was exceptional, her care, attitude and information sharing was amazing and regularly checked in on my son, chasing up the Doctors and making sure i knew what was going on.

Her nursing assessment and care were great, she bent over backwards to answer any questions and keep my son entertained.

The Doctors were great, skilled, quick and listened to any concerns, answering any questions they could.

Overall, the experience was great, as i have always found the NHS to be, especially when there is a need for quick, expert action.

To add to this, the trip to X-ray was also great for my little boy, although distressed, they did everything they could to allay his and my fears

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 16 January 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 02 March 2015

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are glad you and your son had a positive experience. Hopefully your son is now well on the raod to recovery. I will pass your comments onto the team in A&E to share among staff.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic all round service

I recently attended the Royal Surrey for a tooth extraction and biopsy, which included an overnight stay. Throughout the entire process, from my initial appointment in the Maxillofacial department to Day Surgery, Surgical Short stay and then an entire day (my fault, not theirs) in the patients lounge the staff were nothing but cautious and professional. In particular it was the nurses and staff in Day Surgery that were particularly outstanding throughout my visit.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 30 January 2015

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I will pass this onto our Max Fax department for the staff to see.

Fantastic care. Brilliant staff.

I had to come to A&E for a heart condition very late on a Saturday night. The department was so organised and calm - I was very impressed. The hospital staff were amazing. I was seen quickly and everyone from the receptionist to the nurses and doctors looked after me brilliantly with kindness and professionalism. Thank you so much NHS - you are doing a wonderful job.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 03 February 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I have passed your comments onto the A&E team who i'm sure will be delighted to hear your feedback.