Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Anonymous reviewed at Royal Surrey County Hospital

full hip replacement

Following an emergency admittance after a fall I was treated on Ewhurst Ward for a full hip replacement. The Staff were all extremely caring and professional and the entire medical team had excellent communication skills. The ancillary teams were also very kind and informative and nothing was too much trouble.
The ward was spotlessly clean and I was very happy with the food and menu choices.
I have had private medical treatment in the past but the NHS excelled itself on Ewhurst Ward.
Many thanks.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 10 January 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 11 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Here at Royal Surrey we are very proud of all our staff, but it is always nice to receive such positive comments. I have passed your message onto the matron of Ewhurst Ward, so that she can share it with the entire team. I hope that you are recovering well from your procedure and once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

M Boswell gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Clandon Ward Staff

Dear Sirs, I would like to say many thanks to all of the staff in the Clandon Ward. I was admitted to their care late on Friday until today (2/11/15). They were so helpful and polite it made my time there a memorable one. I wish to congratulate you on a great team you have there. Many thanks.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 02 November 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 12 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we will share your feedback with the staff on Clandon Ward.

George Weirs gave Cardiology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Echocardiogram Outstanding

Excellent care and empathy, thanks so much.
Nothing to do with the department - the database continues to cause me concern. For years it seems the data base identifies different home address depending upon which terminal or reception used! Not a problem when you are there but it means that no letter received for my last two appointments, just found out about important appointments by word of mouth. This causes me angst and if this virus is common, must impact on hospital appointment attendance figures.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 05 November 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 12 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlight this issue to us. We will look into this further.

Eileen Longstaff gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit

I had to visit the Day Surgery Unit to have two teeth removed, as I am 90, & do suffer with Atrial Fibrilation. I was seen early, & looked after marvelously well. The team were very friendly, kind & profesional. I can not speak highly enough of my experience. Thankyou.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 11 November 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 16 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we will share your feedback with the staff in the Day Surgery Unit.

Anonymous gave Colorectal cancer services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care, attention and efficieny

As part of the bowel cancer screening programme it was suggested that I have a colonoscopy after I had a follow up test. My initial screening discussion was comprehensive and handled in a very sensitive way. I was able to get the colonoscopy appointment within 11 days. The Endoscopy Unit is modern, bright, cheerful and very clean. My appointment was begun very punctually and the nursing staff were most caring and put me both at eaae, prior to the procedure and very attentive afterwards when I had a thorough debrief of what had been carried out and the next steps. Five days after the procedure a member of staff called me at home in the early evening and informed of the test results which were most encouraging.

The whole process from the initial routine screening to receiving the results was just over four weeks.

In summary I was most impressed with all the care, attention and outstanding professionalism of the staff at Royal Surrey as well as the quality of the reading and briefing material. Thank you and well done!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 12 November 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 16 November 2015

We are delighted that you had such a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to write a review. This is great news and I will be sure to pass your kind words onto the department to share amongst colleagues.

David Lyons gave Maternity services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

St Catherines ward amazing team

All i can say is what an amazing team of people.

My wife has been in and out of the ward quite a few time during her pregnancy due to complications main one being our baby having a condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome.

Just a shame we cant take the team with us to the Chelsea and Westminster for when our daughter is born.

These guys should be the model in which every one in the NHS should bassed on, just an outstanding bunch of people.

A big massive thank you

David Lyons

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015

Anonymous gave at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to the Emergency Department

I received fast, professional, effective and reassuring care after my cycling accident. The staff were amazing - I am so grateful. Thank you so much.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 16 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we will share your feedback with the staff in A&E.

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Physio for my arm

I would just like to say how impressed I am with your physio dept, all the staff are so attentive and kind, I have never waited more than Five mins before starting treatment, the waiting room is bright, and clean with mags and water dispenser, my assigned physio therapist is lovely friendly kind and knows their job, I am very satisfied with the treatment that I have been receiving and cannot recommend this dept more highly, well done Royal Surrey.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 20 November 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 23 November 2015

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we will share your feedback with the staff in Physio.

Dominique Parslow gave Geriatric Medicine at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant care of my dad in his last days of life

My dad was admitted very unwell to this ward and spent the last days of his life here. His care was absolutely brilliant and all the staff from doctors to nurses to health care assistants to domestic staff were so kind and compassionate with my father and all of the family. They all communicated wonderfully well and we were always involved in decisions about my father's care. Knowing how well my father was being looked after made what was obviously a very difficult time for us all that bit easier. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff all went out of their way to help in any way possible and made us feel so reassured. They were all so professional and competent and should be proud of the standard of care they offer to patients. Thank you all for everything you did. I would like to mention particularly the consultant (who was the doctor in charge of my father's care) who was brilliant.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 11 November 2015

Jenny Davies gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

RIP mum

I found the staff amazing very kind,caring, always made time to talk to family members,kept us well informed of what was happening. Good ratio of staff to patients. Someone always observing patients sitting on a chair at the end if the ward,very reasuring at such a difficult time. My mum spent 4 weeks in the same ward, Millibridge Ward. She was moved to a side ward for her last days. She was kept clean fed and even had lip balm put on her lips, her hair brushed . She had wished to come home to die but unfortunately this was not possible, although this was not possible my mum was given dignity and was treated with respect. A bed was set up so dad could stay over and visiting was flexible. Mum sadley died on 3rd October 2015 after fighting cancer for 11 years. I would like to thank her consultant and team for all her treatment. Mum was a miracle and inspiration to cancer victims. She said she had given 11 years to cancer research allowing new drugs to be tried and tested on her. Thank you for giving her that opportunity .She can rest in peace knowing she was probably helping others. RIP Patricia Howell.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 17 October 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 19 October 2015

Good morning,

We are sorry to hear of your loss. You're mother sounds like an extraordinary person, battling cancer for 11 years. Hopefully her involvement in cancer research has helped to make a difference in the world of cancer treatment. I want to thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments at this hard time. I will pass your comments onto the oncology Matron who will send this onto your mother's consultant.