Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Andy Weller gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent emergency care

I had been to see my Dentist on the morning of 25/05/17. He said I had an abscess which needed antibiotics. I had no X-ray, but was given Metronidazole. I immediately commenced the course and went to bed feeling very unwell. I woke an hour later in agony and the right side of my face had swollen to distortion. I called a family member, who took me straight to EAU for assessment. The nursing staff were absolutely wonderful, and the maxfax Doctors very quickly decided on a plan of treatment. They removed the infected tooth and put me on two types of antibiotics. The relief took a few days but I wanted to say a huge thank you to all involved in my care; top quality care!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 30 May 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 01 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is wonderful to hear that you had a good care experience with us. I have passed your comments on to the relevant teams so that they can read your kind words. Best wishes.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dad passed away peacefully of bowl cancer last Thursday morn

My dad John Powell had bowel cancer and obstructed.The decision was made no to intervene. Dad was taken upstairs and made comfortable.I witnested the most wonderfully professional and caring people who made dad's death a dignified and painless one.The whole family sat there for 21 hours.Dad died at 3.10 am last Thursday morning.THANK YOU with all my heart Ian dad's son

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 31 May 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 13 June 2017

Please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of your father.

It means so much that at such a difficult time for you, you have spared a moment to share your experience and I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be caring and compassionate. We are really proud of our palliative care team and ward staff, who always keep the patient and their family at the heart of all they do. I know they will be very grateful to receive your kind words.

Once again, thank you for sharing your views.

Sophia Mary gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip revision surgery - April 2017

A thousands thanks to everyone at the RSCH who was involved in mum's hip revision surgery:-

The pre-assessment unit [MRSA]; the pre-operative unit; the surgeon, their secretary; the admissions officer; the anaesthetist who undertook the epidural; the nurses; doctors; physios; OT team [and anybody else we may have missed off].

You were all brilliant and we cannot thank you enough!!

Mum's family

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted to read that you are pleased with the treatment and care your mum received at Royal Surrey and know the teams involved in her care will be most grateful to receive your feedback.

Your feedback will be passed along to the relevant managers to share with their teams.

Wishing you all the best,

Anonymous gave Critical care at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care review

We watched as the dedicated staff worked tirelessly on my partner. He has amazed the staff by making a good recovery. He really does owe his life to those doctors and nurses who have been by his bedside working so hard with so much compassion. We will always be extremely grateful for everything. The absolute best care thank you

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 08 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your partner's recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital. The staff do their best every day and it's messages like yours that makes it all worthwhile. Please be assured that I will pass your comments on to the team, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mum's hip revision surgery [Elective Surgery]

Many thanks to all the staff for all the excellent care mum is receiving at the RSCH pre and post operatively [Short Stay Surgical Unit] and Bramshott Ward - the NHS at its best!

Kind regards, her family

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your mother's recent treatment and stay at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I am pleased to read that she was well looked after by the Short Stay Surgical Unit and on Bramshott Ward.
Please be assured that your comments will be shared with my colleagues in the areas you have mentioned.
For our staff, it is feedback like yours that makes it all worthwhile.

Emma knight gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ewhurst review

The staff working on ewhurst ward while I was there was very plesant. The staff was so friendly and caring and really looked after me.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your views.
I am pleased to read that you were well looked after and found our staff to be friendly and caring.
Your message has been shared with my colleagues on Ewhurst Ward.

Steve Underwood gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent professional service.

Visited A and E last night, after being advised not to wait until after weekend to visit my doctor.
Very professional,friendly service from start to finish,assessed very quickly, and waited to be seen.
Very friendly staff, made you feel at ease, blood tests done and analysed.
Can't fault A and E, we are so lucky to have this service,I would be happy to wait ,however long it takes, as other more urgent cases have to take priority.
Thanks to all staff and doctors that were involved in my visit.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 16 April 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit to Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I am pleased to read that you found the care 'professional and friendly' from start to finish.
Our staff always strive to provide the best care anywhere and treat each patient as if they were a member of their own family.
I know the the team in A&E will be delighted to receive your kind words, as it is feedback like yours that makes it all worthwhile.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Heart patient gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful care in A&E

I went to A& E very reluctantly last night (31st March) as I know that the service is under pressure. Although it was a busy Friday evening I was taken straight through to majors. Everyone, from the triage nurse and all other nursing staff to the radiographer who was called in from home to do a CT scan, could not have done more to help me. Everyone was kind and considerate and the doctor was exceptional. The doctor made sure that I was thoroughly checked out, explained everything clearly, told me throughout what would happen next and was kind and courteous. I felt completely safe in their care. The doctor also reassured me that I had made the right decision to come. Please thank everyone who was on duty in majors last night, I could not have received better treatment.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 April 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 April 2017

I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be both kind and considerate.
Coming into hospital can be very daunting, so I am delighted to hear that everything was clearly explained and you felt in safe hands.
Please be assured that your kind words will be shared with the team in A&E, who I know will be delighted to receive your message.
Receiving such an appreciative message always means a lot to our staff, who all work incredibly hard.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Linda diovisalvi reviewed General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Parking

I was recently visiting my mother and whilst I have no problem with the care and facilities of the actual hospital I have to say your parking facilities are not only extremely expensive but the new machines are very difficult to use. Yesterday I tried 3 before I could pay (they wouldn't take cash so I had to use my debit card ). I was not the only person experiencing difficulty and can only imagine how upsetting these machines must be to elderly/vulnerable people trying to visit loved ones - that's if they can find a parking space in the first place. I tried to raise my complaint with the parking office but they were not interested and told me to take it up with the trust. I feel it is hard enough to have loved ones in hospital without having to worry about parking. I am also hoping that the money taken is ploughed back into the hospital?

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 April 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 08 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to Royal Surrey County Hospital, which is always gratefully received.
We apologise that you found it difficult to use our new car parking machines. They were installed in February following feedback from patients and visitors requesting a cashless payment option.
Car parking charges are an unfortunate necessity and the car parking revenue goes in to managing and maintaining our car parks.
Any additional revenue goes towards improvement projects and new developments.
Please be assured that I have passed your comments, including those regarding the staff in the car parking office, on to the relevant department.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit

My Husband was in the day surgery unit today and all the staff treated him with respect and a high level of professionalism and friendliness. As I was able to remain with him, the nurses and everyone else were courteous to both my husband and myself.

A huge thank you to everyone from the surgeon through to the domestic staff, with enormous thanks to the dedicated and excellent nurses who showed a lot of concern and care for my hubby.

These days, the NHS are faced with huge challenges, but front line staff work very hard for low wages yet still provide the backbone of primary care.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 11 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent treatment at Royal Surrey.
It is wonderful to hear that you had a good care experience with us.
The team who work in the Day Surgery unit always do their very best for patients every day.
I know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your views.