Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Sheila Hoad reviewed Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Waiting times

I have always found treatment to be excellent once it has begun but waiting times are unacceptable. In 2015 I waited for four months for a vitrectomy (off work). The other eye is now showing the same problem and I will have waited four months (with two postponements) for laser treatment in order to prevent another vitrectomy (rather a false economy, I would have thought).

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 05 February 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. I am pleased to read that you feel the treatment you have received has always been 'excellent.' However, I note your comments on waiting times. Here at Royal Surrey we always strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed that we appear not to have delivered that on this occasion. In order for the Trust to investigate your concerns please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.

Doreen Daly gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

patella fracture

I tripped & fell while out shopping and badly fractured my patella. From the first responder ( who was amazing) to me being discharged 7 days later, every person I met was fantastic. I am so grateful to all concerned for repairing my knee & I am walking properly which I hadn't expected to do. I was told there were multiple fractures & it would take a long time to get better. So here I am, so pleased with all those wonderful people that helped me on my way. After care was just as good, so don't anybody tell me the NHS is no good. Thank you all so much

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 13 March 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 13 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the orthopaedic team, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My cataract operation.

My left eye was operated on for removal of a cataract in October last year. For the next two months or so I had some difficulty in seeing properly, due to the imbalance between my eyes. I was warned that this may be the case. My right eye was operated on for removal of a cataract in January this year. When I removed the dressing the morning following the operation I was delighted that I could see properly, that is my distance sight. Both operations were completed fairly quickly and with little discomfort, thanks to the surgeon.
Nearly three months following the second operation my sight is still pretty good, and my new spectacles have improved matters a great deal. I still have to use drops for my glaucoma; three in the morning and two in the evening. Unfortunately the appearance of my eyes has changed, looking rather droopy, and there are red rings under each eye. This embarrasses me, but my new glasses hide this somewhat. I am pleased with the result of the cataract operations, and I am very grateful to the consultant.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 March 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit.
I'm pleased to read that both your cataract operations went well and that you are pleased with the results.
I have passed your comments on to our team in ophthalmology.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elective Surgery Inpatient experience

From my first consultation which included pre-assessment and x-ray right through to being signed off from physiotherapy I could not have received better treatment. I had a total knee replacement and found all the staff to be caring and friendly. This included the recovery area and then transfer to Bramshott Ward where I spent three nights. The staff there made my stay very comfortable and helped in my speedy recovery aided by the physiotherapy staff. My husband, when visiting, was also impressed by the willingness to help by the reception staff in the area.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 January 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I have passed your feedback on to my colleagues on Bramshott Ward, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Receiving such an appreciative message always means a lot to our team.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Iggy W2 reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

A master class

I had a prostatectomy at The Royal Surrey County Hospital Guildford. The operation was successful and without any complications and included the removal of lymph nodes.
I was discharged the following day in the afternoon.
This was the second part of the treatment instigated by the Urology Consultant Team at Frimley Park Hospital and, in my opinion a master class in the processes, scheduling, logistics in ensuring that everyone involved was available as well as all the facilities needed for a successful outcome.
I am mindful of the skills of the Urology Team at Guildford which incorporated the Anesthetists and post operative care. I was particularly appreciative of being assigned a Prostatectomy Clinical Nurse Specialist who was my go between the Consultants and post operation teams. Very valuable and comforting when I contacted her with some questions and requesting advice. The finishing touches to my excellent treatment and experience.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 06 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I will pass your comments onto my colleagues in urology, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Receiving such an appreciative message always means a lot to our staff, who all work incredibly hard.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Walk in emergency

I was seen within 25 minutes. A full set of tests were carried out with results available in one hour. I could not be more satisfied in the way I was treated.Truly excellent.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 08 January 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, which is always gratefully received.
I'm pleased to read that you were treated so efficiently and that you were satisfied with your treatment.
I will pass your comments on to the team in A&E and know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.

Excellent care and attention for my 9 year old son today!

My visit tonight to A&E restores my faith in the hard workng staff of NHS! My 9 year old son was seen quickly by very caring and knowledgeable staff, thank you! x

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 30 October 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 31 October 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I have passed your message on to the team in A&E who I know will be grateful for your kind words. Receiving such an appreciative messages will mean a lot to all the staff. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Olive Tremble reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

Excellent care whilst an in patient with badly broken ankle.

I cannot praise the staff highly enough for their professionalism, commitment and consideration in ensuring that my needs were met.
They were competent, polite and calming and they never lost sight of what they were there to do.
They made a lasting impression on me – I will not forget their kindness.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 02 November 2016 using Patient Opinion

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to thank the staff for the care they gave you. Here at Royal Surrey we are incredibly proud of our team, who always strive to provide the best care anywhere. Please be assured that I will pass your message on and know that the team will be delighted to receive your kind words. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Freedom reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

It is with pleasure I write this letter in which I would like to put on record..

It is with pleasure I write this letter in which I would like to put on record my immense appreciation to all the staff on Bramshott Ward, Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford. In June I had my first total knee replacement and then at the beginning of November I had the second one and on both occasions the care of all the staff, doctors, nurses, health care assistants, physios, to the lovely staff who brought our tea and coffee round was amazing.
They are a terrific team, and the commitment to the care of the patients is brilliant, they are most kind and professional.
I was also impressed with the Admissions team, and the person I dealt with on both occasions, did everything they could to make my admissions as smooth as possible.
It is very easy to complain, but I think the Bramshott Ward Team are brilliant, I cannot compare them to other wards, but to have had two very comfortable and caring stays is a credit to them and the hospital.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent knee replacement operation.
I am pleased to read that you found the team on Bramshott Ward to be fantastic and that they took good care of you. We think they are great too.
Please be assured that your message will be passed on to the staff on the ward, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.

Karen B gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Endoscopy Unit

Had to have a sigmoidoscopy and went to the new Endoscopy Unit at Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford. Reception is clean and smart and I was admitted swiftly. Each nurse I met introduced themselves and I was taken to a private room so they could fill out paperwork so no need to whisper your private stuff so other patients can't hear. I was then asked to wait in the room as I was number 3 on the list. The team did the uncomfortable procedure and were brilliant. at comforting me as I was nervous. I was allowed to ask questions throughout the procedure and then afterwards was taken to Recovery where I was not rushed to get up in any way although I was fine. Taken through to the Patient's Lounge where there were comfy chairs and a TV and I was offered a choice of sandwiches and a cup of tea and biscuits and then when I was ready was released. Very impressed with all the lovely staff and the surroundings. LIke a hotel!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 19 October 2016

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 31 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital. We are very proud to have such great staff who do their best everyday for patients. It's feedback like yours that makes it all worthwhile