Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

Caroline Greenwood gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Visit to A and E

I visited A and E at about 5 pm on 13 February with an injury to my elbow following a fall. I was seen within 15 minutes by a nurse (sorry I did not get her hame) who arranged for an x-ray and and afterwards paid great attention to explaining the result. Everything was completed within an hour and I left with clear instructions and very reassured. I should like to thank her for her care.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write and share your feedback with us.

Communication with patients is paramount and we are happy to hear that the nurse explained your diagnosis thoroughly and clearly. We will ensure that your kind words get passed on to our A&E matron to disseminate with her team.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ecellent stay

Care quality of staff was exceptional
Everyone was very helpful and communicated to me exactly what was happening and why
Nurses in particular went the extra mile to be helpful.
Food was ok and plentiful and facilities were good

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that the quality of care you received was to a high standard and that our nursing team ensured you were informed at all times. It's always nice to hear comments about the food and the facilities too as we are continually looking to deliver the best care anywhere.

Rosemary Laws gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Outpatients

Bringing elderly alzheimer sufferer for appointment with X-ray. Nightmare arriving with officious parking attendant at hospital entrance who wouldn't let you stop even for putting down, had to ignore him in the end as no way could patient walk from car park!!
Parking is a nightmare and looks so badly organised. Took 25 mins to find space!

Coming out a charming lady stopped us in corridor of X-ray dept and said would you like a wheelchair, got us a gentleman with wheelchair. Well done to her. The man took the patient down to main entrance and waited until we got car and helped put him into it. Well done to those two very kind people at your hospital.

Such kindness makes all the difference.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 15 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 24 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are aware that at times there can be issues with car parking and we do apologise for this. We are continually looking at improving our parking and your feedback is very useful.
It is also pleasing to hear that some people did make your experience pleasurable.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Meera Cush gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accidents and Emergency staff

I took my 4 year old daughter to the A&E department on a saturday evening. From the moment we stepped into the department we were treated with kindness and efficiency. We didnt have to wait too long to be seen by the receptionist, nurse (for triage) or the doctor. I would like to say a very big thank you for being so well looked after, especially at a time when it was so difficult to hold it together as my daughter had been hurt. Once again Royal Surrey have outdone themselves!

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 10 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that our A&E staff made both yours and your daughter's experience at the hospital as good as it could be. Our members of staff work hard to deliver the best care, anywhere. I will ensure to pass your kind comments on.

Tom gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

after surgery care

Good morning ,I was in the RSCH on 1/2/2014 for a day surgery procedure, which sadly did not go to plan. I would like to thank all the staff who where involved in my care ,the recovery staff after the procedure where excellent ,I was from memory in quite a lot of pain and had to be taken back to theatre, the care I received from the recovery ward staff can only be classed as excellent ,the surgical team who carried out the procedure where also first class and kept me informed every step of the way. I was admitted to Clandon Ward very late at night on the same day ,the nursing staff made me very comfortable and reassured me that I would be fine , nothing was any trouble for any member of your staff. Please pass on my heart felt thanks to everyone involved in my care. ( I wish I could name members of staff as they deserve to be more than nameless .)
Many ,many thanks

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 04 February 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are sorry that your surgery did not go as expected. Our staff work hard to deliver the best care, anywhere in line with our Trust strategy. I have passed your feedback on to ensure that all members of staff in the areas you were seen receive the praise they deserve. Thanks again, we really value your feedback.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

ian baker gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

grateful thanks for very prompt attention

I arrived at the hospital on a busy Sunday with a badly swollen and red face.I was promptly and expertly examined and diagnosed to be in need of urgent antibiotics.As both my wife and I are over 70 we felt very vulnerable, but your staff were very humane and considerate to us. Great efforts were made to find me a bed for a couple of nights, during which time the nursing staff (in sss.u) were not only professional but also very kind and gentle. Please thank everyone concerned.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 31 January 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that the nursing staff on A&E made both yours and your wife's experience as comforable and satisfactory as it could be.

I will share your kind comments with the matron to share with the nursing staff.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Admission to A and E on Sunday

I was 7 weeks pregnant when i started bleeding and feeling an extreme pain in my lower abdomen.. i rushed to the A and E, was admitted straight away. everything went smoothly, seeing a nurse, getting some painkillers... but to see a doctor it took ages.. when she finally came, she said i need to be seen by a gynaecologist. it took him more than an hour and a half to come and see me. i was in a very bad pain, nurses gave me paracetamol, but it was like eating a candy. i had to insist several times to get strong painkillers. I think while i was waiting for the specialist i lost my baby in the hospital toilet.... :( when he finally came and examined me, (without even a professional lamp, so one of the nurses had to assist and hold the lamp for him) he said my cervix is closed i should be ok.. and that he will send me home. i asked him about a scan to check if my baby was was ok.. but the early pregnancy unit was closed on Sundays, and A&E do not have one. Unbelievable. So i was sent home, knowing i must wait till next day when i was supposed to get a call to come in for an ultrasound scan. i was admitted just after 4pm and left the hospital before 9pm. the nurses and the general doctor were very nice and supportive. Shame i couldn't get the answers sooner, it could have made my pain a little more bearable. Monday when i came back, the baby was no more. :( The whole experience was heartbreaking.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 31 January 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

RonH gave General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hernia repair

I was very apprehensive about the operation as had not had a stay in hospital for 60 years since appendectomy.
Had a single port lapascoprosy for inguinal hernia, and all went very smoothly. Back home same day in time to cook haggis and neeps for myself and escort.
I can honestly say there was no real pain, just some discomfort that just paracetamol kept at bay. No scarring as access was through navel which was filled with glue afterwards. Slight bruising around entry point and a slight swelling down below which is subsiding.
Went for walk next day, keeping slightly bent unnecessarily,
Worst discomfort was in shoulder that I understand is caused somehow by the gas used to inflate the abdomen, but it wasn't real pain.
The surgeon, called round after the operation and told my escort to make sure I did some work when we got home and not sit around idle.
After two nights without sleep due to nerves, it was lovely to really relax.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 28 January 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 20 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at the Royal Surrey.

It is very pleasing to hear that your operation went well and that your recovery is going smoothly. We really value your feedback and hope that it will reassure other patients who may also feel nervous prior to an operation.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My wife admitted to A&E 18.01.14

My wife and I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff for the professionalism, care, attention and treatment that she received while in A&E for 3 nights from Saturday 18th January. Having collapsed at home soon after midday on Saturday I took my wife into A&E where she was seen promptly, examined, given ECGs and blood tests before being diagnosed with SVT. THe decision On being transferred to the EAU for observation she was within 10 minutes rushed into A&E resuscitation as the monitor indicated that her heart rate had exceeded 300. You have the full medical record so there is no requirement for me to repeat it here but my wife and I do have to emphasize how grateful we are to the consultants, registrar, doctors, nurses and all other staff - they were all brilliant and my wife is now making great progress at home with he medication that was prescribed.

Thank you, thank you and again thank you!

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 24 January 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 28 January 2014

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that your wife's admission in to our A&E department was as pleasurable as it could be. All members of our staff work hard to deliver the best care, anywhere in line with our Trust strategy. Thanks again for your kind comments, I have shared them with our A&E matron to share with the team and EAU.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Chris Bryant gave Physiotherapy at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Service

I have been visiting Royal Surrey for quite a while now, for a number of issues.
I felt that each dept worked very individually, and yet symptoms/issues could easily have been related.
No one was really taking notice as such.

However, this changed when I saw a lady in Physiotherapy.

Not only was she genuinely concerned and interested in my injury, she took the time to find out the better picture - and to reassure me that she would deal with it all, as much as she could.

This was the first time someone had taken 'overall control' and the first time I felt someone really cared, as opposed to just trying to get through numbers.

Ever since then, she has always taken the time to look at the case from every angle possible, she has always kept me informed as to what was happening, when, how, why and by who.

Without going into specific details of my case, I felt I had really reached a very low point when I wasn't getting anywhere.
And when she started treating me, the mere fact of genuine care meant the world to me.
I needed this type of care - I believe lots of people do.

She continues to keep me informed and offer help when and where required - and this has been an unbelievable help to me.

I would be grateful if recognition could be made to her for all her hard work, patience and understanding.
I appreciate it all very much.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 23 January 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 29 January 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us.

It is great to hear that one of our physiotherapist's helped to make your experience as good as it could be and went above and beyond the call of duty to deliver exceptional care.

I have shared your email with the Physiotherapy manager to ensure your kind comments are received.