Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan department

Just wanted to say thank you to all the people involved in my Colonography today. It was like being in a different hospital (!). Helpful, sympathetic and well just really took care of me. Excellent.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 02 September 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 September 2015

We are glad you had a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this site. I have passed your comments onto the relevant department so that they can share your comments with the staff.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Stressful Antenatal Appointment

Our first visit to Royal Surrey,baby's 20 week scan, recently moved to the area (12wk scan in Homerton hospital a very stress-free and pleasant experience). Didn't enjoy Surrey and having serious worries about giving birth here in a few months. Hospital is so big and busy it seems that no-one really has time for you and we didn't feel like we were treated like humans. We had stress before getting to antenatal clinic. Firstly the car park, i only had a £20 so went to M&S inside main building to buy something just to get change - the person at the till refused to give me change for the carpark, saying it was their policy to not give carpark change? They directed me to the car parking window - it was so noisy in the foyer i could hardly hear the car park attendant behind the glass screen, and they seemed to be speaking to their other 2 colleagues about something. I asked for parking change presenting my £20 and they asked me how much i wanted - i had no idea of the fees and there was no clear signage in front of me to indicate how much i might need for one hr.
The next stress was knowing where to actually go in such a huge place to find the antenatal clinic. there was one person manning reception on the phone and a queue of people and we were now tight for time to get to our appointment, so went to examine the large board listing department locations at the end of the foyer. Checked my letter with the scan appointment details on, said go to antenatal clinic. look for antenatal clinic - departments are listed in alphabetical order - so you'd think antenatal clinic would be at the top under 'a'?! Alas the list started at 'c'. i was frantic, thankfully a kind passer by heard me asking and pointed me in the direction of Outpatients 1 - the location of the antenatal clinic. It is beyond me why the hospital signage could not have been simpler, or that they could have at least put the fact that the antenatal clinic is located in Outpatients 1 in the letter confirming my appt.
So we get to the antenatal clinic and follow the arrow signposting "antenatal reception" which is to an office where there were 2 members of staff gossiping about their dogs. We and another couple had to wait to be seen until the dog chat had finished. we were then bruskly instructed by the receptionist that we needed to log in first on the computer screens back outside and then come back to them- this could have been better signed or put in our appt letter. They said nothing about purchasing a photo. in our scan we then learn we should have prior arranged purchase of photo. my partner wants to video the scan, we are told, no as it is a medical examination - but if i am the patient and i give my consent then what is the problem? this is clearly an excuse made up so that people have to part with cash to get a photo of the scan and the hospital can make money. In other antenatal clinics photos are less expensive or even free, a postcode lottery!
Ultrasonographer was thorough and kind.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 04 September 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 18 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlighting these issues to us. We are taking these issues up with the areas you have mentioned. Please could you email us at rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net so that we have your email address and can contact you if we have any further questions?

AlexL gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attention to detail

I have accompanied my client to a number of appointments at RSCH with various consultants (she is a complex case) and one person stands out above everyone. This doctor shows genuine concern, interest, honesty and respect. I might add that my client finds the secretary also to be helpful and reliable. I have found the nurses in his department to be polite, understanding and patient too.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 12 September 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 18 September 2015

We are glad you had a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this site. I have passed your comments onto the orthopaedic department so that they can share your comments with the staff.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

think it's a disgrace

After waiting over 3 months for an appointment I finally get a cancel appointment.
Only to turn up to my appointment and wait hours on end just to be seen! I really think consultation times should be kept as if it was us patients not being on time and sticking to our appointment the shoe would be on the other foot . This really should be sorted out !

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 14 September 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 18 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlighting this issue to us. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience. I have passed your email onto the head of this department. Please could you email us at rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net so that we have your email address in case we have any further questions?

Claire416 gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Tonsillectomy

I had my tonsils out here on 11th Sept 2015, and the level of care was fantastic. When I came round from the anesthetic, there was a nurse by my side, monitoring me. I have had two previous ops at West Middlesex, and did not get this level of care. The staff were really polite and courteous, and I would highly recommend this hospital in all aspects.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 23 September 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 24 September 2015

We are delighted that you had such a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to write a review. This is great news and I will be sure to pass your kind words onto the department to share amongst colleagues.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

I brought my father to your A&E department on Tuesday 29th September into early hours of the 30th. Your department is a credit to your Hospital . Every member of staff was helpful and caring. The A&E charge nurse was brilliant as was the CT1 doctor. The member of staff who performed the procedure on my father was brilliant and went above and beyond. My thanks for the excellent care received when I know you work such long hours.

Many thanks

Donna

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 30 September 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 October 2015

We are glad you had a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this site. I have passed your comments onto the A&E department so that they can share your comments with the staff.

John Spilstead gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Paediatric Team

We had to attend your paediatric unit yesterday, Wednesday 30 September, with our grandson Laurent Spilstead. The care and kindness shown by the doctors and nurses during his treatment was excellent. Special thanks must go to the young doctor, whose name I cannot remember, for such patience and kindness.
Regards

John Spilstead. Grandad

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 01 October 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 October 2015

Tanyamarie gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E visit

Last night I had a visit to the A&E department at the hospital, I arrived in the ambulance at around midnight and had to stay in hospital until 7:20am. I just wanted to drop by and give all the staff that I was on duty the credit they deserve. The paramedics and the A&E majors staff were excellent and very patient with me and other patients on the ward. I was made feel very much at ease and calm despite the stress my body was under. Absolutely fantastic team, thank you so much for all the help and assistance I received during my stay! All the staff worked very hard and kept smiling and positive.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 02 August 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 August 2015

Good morning,

We are glad you had a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this site. I have passed your comments onto A&E so that they can share your comments with the staff. I hope you are recovering well.

PH gave Colorectal cancer services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Department

My thanks to the consultant and their team for conducting a routine colonoscopy in such a professional and sympathetic manner. A colonoscopy is not a procedure one looks forward to, but the calm attitude and smiling faces inspired confidence.

To have the results immediately was a bonus - in the past one waited for several nervous days before discovering the outcome.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 18 August 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 19 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience and we will share your feedback with the staff in the colorectal department.

Visit to A&E. Excellent service provided.

Taken to A&E by ambulance which arrived very fast. Good explanation from paramedics about what was wrong with me.

Very quick to be seen by the team in A&E

Impressed at how clean the ambulance and the A&E department was.

Over all very impressed. In and out with in 90 minutes.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 18 August 2015