Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

Martin Adam gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Geoff Macleod and the Endoscopy team 25th October 2013

I want to thank the Endoscopy Team for the way they conducted my colonoscopy procedure. They were fantastic in every possible way, from check in to my discharge.

Please note, small spelling mistake on reports, Principal not Principle, perhaps it can be amended?

Thank you all once again. 11/10

Martin Adam

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 27 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 28 October 2013

Thank you for writing about your recent experience at the Royal Surrey.

It is great to hear that the care you received was fantastic througout your stay here. I have shared your comments with the Endoscopy team and to look into the spelling mistakes referred to.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Brian Stott reviewed Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy on Wednesday 23rd October and I would like to compliment the dept for their kindness and efficency.

While I dont fancy the procedure as a hobby, my treatment was fine.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that you were satisfied with the level of care here at the Royal Surrey.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

don hunt gave Surgery - Breast at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery experience

Having developed some odd skin lesions I was recommended to a clinic at the RSH. Following a (very!) thorough examination the Consultant recommended day surgery to remove the lesions. I attended day surgery on 28th August to have three lesions excised. The treatment, under local anaesthetic, was carried out by the Consultant and his team. Numerous pain killing injections and nearly an hour of treatment could have been un-nerving but after probably an hour I was stitched up and ready to go. What a team! Everything from reception to departure was handled with real care and professionalism.
To emphasise the contribution of the whole team I should also comment on the paperwork that followed. It was, for example, very reassuring to receive a letter saying that I had the "all clear" but that, should I notice any similar problems in the future, I should get in touch.
I have read many critical reports of the NHS but my experience hopefully shows how good teams can really deliver excellent treatment
Many thanks
George Hunt

Date of treatment: 29th August 2013

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are pleased to hear that your experience was as pleasant as it could be and we will share your comments with the team.

Anonymous gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

arrogant doctor

Arrogant neurologist who did not believe my symptoms, and had to be convinced to order a blood test that showed a cronic condition. Horrible communication with my GP, ages for test results, and impossible to park on many days. Missed two appointments because of parking problems!

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 25 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 29 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience and are very keen to look into this further for you. Please contact us directly at rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net and we will investigate further.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Lyssi gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Endoscopy Department

I recently came in for an Endoscopy. I was very nervous, not only about the procedure, but also about what results it might show. From reception staff, nursing staff right through to the lady who gave us tea and a sandwich in the lounge afterwards - every single person, was caring, informative, helpful, understanding and took the time to ensure I was happy with what they were doing.

I cannot praise the entire department high enough. It really felt like I was being given the best customer service a person could hope for.

Please pass on my thanks and compliments to the team on doing a fantastic job. Long may they keep up the good work.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 24 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 04 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you were satisified with the level of care received on your recent visit to the Royal Surrey. We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We will share your comments with the team to ensure that they receive the recognition they deserve.

Mac White gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ewhurst ward - level c - east wing

forgive the typing but the reason i was with you is that i broke my wrist !

from the minute i arrived at a & e and then spent the first night in (i think it was the trauma ward) and then transferred to ewhurst i was treated with kindness, empathy and understanding. i cannot speak highly enough of all your staff.

having said that there was an exceedingly charmless lady working in reception when i first arrived !!

i dont know if its possible but i would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to those concerned.

many thanks.

mac white

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 18 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 18 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

It is very pleasing to hear that you were satisifed with the high level of care our nursing staff delivered.

I will ensure to pass your feedback on to all areas involved.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Frank Marshall gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My hip replaced on Friday 4th October

My hip was replaced on Friday 4th October and I was cared for in the Bramshott Ward over that weekend. Everything about the service was excellent. The NHS at its very best. My career has been in Public Health and I was particularly impressed with the standards of hygiene. The staff were magnificent. Thank you! and most important of all, 2 weeks on, I feel that the operation has been very successful.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 17 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear your experience was pleasant and we will share your comments with the staff on Bramshott Ward.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Carol gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

In safe hands

I attended the endoscopy unit and was very nervous about both the procedure and the potential results. Miraculously my nerves left me when I walked through the doors. I put this down to the calming atmosphere of the unit and the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff. The staff were very kind and reassuring ; I felt very safe in their hands.
The procedure itself went well, I was comfortable throughout; the aftercare was great and I was pleased that the results explained to me promptly and with the right amount of detail.
The patient's lounge was very comfortable and I really enjoyed the coffe and sandwiches after fasting pror to the procedure.
During my time in the unit I observed a nurse reassuring an elderly lady who expressed how very nervous she was. The nurse did this with great compassion and spent time with this lady to ensure she was okay.
A big thank you to everyone on the unit and also to those who designed such a tasteful and calming environment.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 17 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 October 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience of the Royal Surrey.

It is great to hear that both the service and the staff in the endoscopy unit has made your experience as good as it could be. We have recently launched a new trust strategy to ensure that our staff are delivering the best care anywhere, so it's good to hear that you received this.

Anonymous gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A hospital where you cannot park is a cruel hoax

I see from a flyer that one of the hospital's aims and objectives for this year is to attract more patients. This is a cruel hoax as new patients will not be able to park. Able-bodied ones can no doubt park at Tesco's, or use the train or bus, but what of the very frail and ill? It does not matter how up to date the treatment may be or how caring the staff, if patients cannot park they cannot access the facilities the hospital may offer. Of course, if the staff cannot park either the treatment will not be of the best anyway.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 16 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We're sorry to hear that you had a difficult time finding a parking space when you visited the Trust. Earlier this year we created additional visitor parking spaces and we have also amended our visiting hours to address the peak of traffic we had been seeing at around 2pm.

Both of these actions have achieved a positive result on the availability of spaces available. We have extensive plans to create additional parking facilities for patients, visitors and staff, but all of these require planning permission. Work is underway with the Council, the Highways Agency and the University of Surrey to look at how we can create more space for parking for the hospital.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Anonymous gave Maternity service at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Early Pregnancy Unit

After a couple of scares with a pregnancy we were referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit. Unforunately they apparently do not answer the phone or return messages. Other staff in the hospital cannot get through to them. I don't know what they're doing all day but they are entirely uncontactable. We are still worried and have had to look at private care for any reassurance or help.

I would add however that the staff of the Catherine Ward that tried to help were pleasent to deal with however, even they couldn't get through to these people.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 08 October 2013

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 15 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and are very keen for you to get in contact with us. Please contact us directly at rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net and we will investigate further. I have also alerted the matron to your comments. Thank you in advance.