Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

david ullah gave Urology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

TURP experience

I have just returned from a 'weekend away' at the Royal Surrey County Hospital (admitted Friday 12th Sep - discharged after successful TURP on Sunday the 14th). I just wish to express my sincere thanks to all the staff who attended me during my stay. i think sometimes that all the good work done by the NHS is overshadowed by the media pre-occupation with exploiting the news value of 'horror' stories. Be that as it may, thank you ever so much again for helping me regain my lifestyle!!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 15 September 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

Beverley Hilson gave Cardiology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Unhelpful and unwilling to listen

Currently under the care of the doctor. I thought it was going to be a straight forward matter of switching my FU appt for a 24 hour monitor from the Brompton to RSCH, as I faxed the appt letter to the ECG department as proof.
However I spent over an hour on the phone this morning trying to make an appointment for a follow up ECG. Very unhelpful and talked over me, not wanting to help me. All of my previous tapes have been carried out at Rsch and the receptionist could see that there was a Consultant appt booked on the system.
Outpatients appointment to see consultant was made with no problem. I put the phone down feeling frustrated and unimpressed.
Based on your outpatient staff's telephone manner ( miserable, unhelpful and abrupt), I would not recommend to friends or family.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Anonymous gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Generalia

My mainly negative response is connected with the ratio of nurses to patients, and less importantly but still significant, to the appalling food. The bell to call a nurse - e.g. for bedpan - might as well not have existed for all the attention it received.

Recent experience in a French state hospital was very different - a far better nuirse to patient ratio - but horrendously expensive, even with a European health insurance card.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 January 2015

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 15 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please could you email us using rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net so that we may gather more information and llok into your experience further?

Kind regards.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E Staff

Unfortunately (for me), I have used the A&E service now a coupleof times, and I have to say that what ever time of day you attend and no matter how busy it is, the staff is always great (polite, understanding, friendly and having great expertise). This does apply to the reception staff, the nurses and the doctors. Please keep up the good work!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Cardiology Exercise Test - 14.00 Mon 23 Sep

I am prepared to complain when justified, but I also like to give praise when merited.

I am afraid that I have forgotten their names but the 2 young ladies who administered the test on Monday were professional, helpful and (as far as I could judge) competent. They made the test a really pleasant experience and I would like to congratulate them both. Please ensure that their superiors know that they have done a splendid job.

If the NHS is always like this (?!) why would anyone complain.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Betty Adams gave Gynaecology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Oncology Dept

I was unlucky enough to be diagnosed with womb cancer in September and was scooped up into the care of your simply wonderful team of Specialists and support staff at the St. Lukes Cancer Centre. My surgery was on 30th September and throughout the whole time I was always kept up to date and told exactly what was going to happen and when - everyone on this team acted with such kindness and understanding that it still takes my breath away. I have been one of the lucky ones in that my cancer was contained and once the hysterectomy was done, then the cancer was gone too! My very short stay in Elstead Ward post-op was made so easy, again with the support and compassion of all the staff on that Ward. My recovery has been spectacular and this is simply due to the superb team who supported both myself and my husband through this whirlwind of emotions. I am only so sorry that I haven't ever managed to know all your names, but I shall be grateful to you all for the rest of my life.
Most sincerely
Mrs. Elizabeth (Betty) Adams

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 07 November 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

John Bisset gave General Surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

10 days in Compton Ward

I recently spent nearly 2 weeks in Compton ward following a serious operation.

The doctors, nurses and ward staff were fantastic. Very understanding and professional at all times. The patience shown by the nurses to certain patients was outstanding.

Even the food was ok!

Thanks everyone

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Optometrist

Visited the Optometrist with my 20 month old daughter as she had a small squint. I was worried how they would manage to assess her but it all went really well. The optician was thorough while being quick and kept it fun for my daughter. They clearly explained the problem and reassured me.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Mrs W gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The extra mile

Met a very kind and thoughtful nurse today at Pedeatrics A&E. My son needed care for what has turned out to be a fractured toe, but as we had an appointment to have his braces fitted we were tight for time. This nurse was amazing. She showed understanding and managed to get a doctor to see him relatively quick. She also arranged for my son's medicines to come to the department so that we did not have to return in the afternoon to pick it up from the Hospital Chemist. She my son to make sure he ate before the braces were fitted and genuinely wished him good luck. I could have hugged her as we made it to the orthodontist on time, important as we had an 11 month wait for that one.
Really grateful and touched by this lady's kindness to us. Thank you

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014

Anonymous gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Surgical Short Stay

I attended Surgical Short Stay Unit yesterday. All the staff Carrid the nurse looking after me, the HCA and especially the ODP in theatres were outstanding in the way they made me feel more at ease, (I was petrified) and carried out their individual roles. Thank you for making the experience that I had been dreading for weeks, more bearable.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 21 August 2014