Telephone: 01483 571122
Address: Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX
Website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk

Robin Bannister gave Orthopaedics at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bramshott Ward

I was unexpectedly admitted to hospital two weeks ago I thought you might be interested in my observations. I was very impressed by the two Consultants who saw me before I was admitted - nothing was left to chance. I was then lucky enough to be admitted to Room 6 of Bramshott Ward where I found all the nursing staff and Healthcare Assistants to be first class, both caring and efficient. It is hard to single out individuals but two particular staff nurses, one with his calm efficiency spring to mind. Another member of staff was a ray of sunshine and cheered me up every time she entered the room and to watch her cajoling an elderly patient to eat his dinner was an emotional experience. I would also like to mention the cleaner. I have rarely, if ever, seen anyone work harder than she does. How she keeps going at such a pace is a mystery to me.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience and received a great service at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Mrs A Brownie gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hascombe ward

I had to take my daughter to A&E on the evening of 26th April, where we were seen very promptly. We were referred to Hascombe ward and ended up being admitted overnight. I cannot speak highly enough of the care and attention my daughter received from both A&E and Hascombe ward. In particular I would like to mention the doctor and nurse of Hascombe ward who were both extremely professional, caring and gentle with my daughter. I sincerely feel she received the best possible care that night.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 07 May 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 08 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is great to hear that your daughter received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to both A&E and Hascombe ward to ensure that the team on duty get the recognition they deserve.

Thanks again, we hope your daughter is recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Mick skerry gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mick skerry Ewhurst ward. best and kindest staff ever.

I was in Ewhurst ward we broken bones all over.
The staff doctor s nurses second to none.
Always at ease.take my hat of to our great hospital .
Mick skerry.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is pleasing to hear that you were well treated at our hospital. We will pass your feedback to the team to ensure that they receive the recognition they deserve.

We hope you are recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Shirley Knight gave Surgery - Breast at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast cancer and mastectomy operation

At the beginning of March I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and was subsequently given a mammagram,ultrasound and biopsy. This was very quickly followed with an appointment with the surgeon, who explained my various options very clearly. I opted for a mastecomy and was subsequently operated on at the end of April.
I would like to put on record how very kind and helpful all the staff were; the surgeon and his operating team, the breast nurses and doctors and all the staff in the wards at St. Lukes.
I am81 years old and you can understand how apprehensive I was at having a major operation at my age, but everyone was so kind and helpful and did their best to make me feel comfortable.
Thank you so much.
Shirley Knight.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 07 July 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We aim to provide safe and high quality care delivered by compassionate and respectful staff. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and received excellent care at the Royal Surrey. We will pass your feedback to all the areas involved so that staff receive the recognition they deserve.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Helen Harper gave Respiratory Medicine at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Most grateful

Thank you for the care and attention that we recently received at the Royal Surrey. I and my husband attended the Outpatients department, which involved a rather long and uncomfortable wait, but no worse than one has come to expect of any outpatients department. However, my husband has great difficulty and discomfort in walking and we were uncertain of how to find where we had parked our car. A very kind lady noticed that we were unsure and stopped to ask if we needed assistance, which we did. She was clearly very busy and on her way somewhere, but she said it was no trouble to take us to our car, which she proceeded to do. She offered to arrange a wheelchair for my husband, which he declined, and she walked with us to the parking place. She was very attentive and pleasant. I like to thank people who go out of their way to make someone's day a bit easier, and she is one of those angels that makes the hospital a better place. She said she was the manager of the risk department, and I cannot recall her name, but she had a lovely smile. Of course, the nurses do a wonderful job and we cannot thank them enough for all they have done for us, but I would like to send a special thank you to her as she was so charming and kind.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 August 2014

Thank you for you feedback, we are very pleased to hear you had a positive experience here at Royal Surrey County Hospital during your visit. We have passed on your message.

RSCH Communications

Anonymous gave Maternity service at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Birth

When I arrived on the antenatal Ward I was surprised to discover that my only option for pain relief was pethidine. I didn't want to take this but felt I was given no alternative. I was ready to go home at 11am but it took six hours for everything to be coordinated for me to actually be able to leave. All staff I dealt with were fantastic and I was very impressed with the food.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 01 September 2014

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Hospital feedback

It took me over six months to get seen and treated for sun skin damage and possible melanoma even though I'd been referred by my GP! I had my appointments repeatedly cancelled for no reason. One particular appointment was cancelled an hour before because the admin department hadn't realised the doctor was on annual leave! I will never use this hospital again even though I live a few miles away. The doctors are great but are continually let down by the admin staff who are rude, uneducated and not very good at their job!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Response to a survey by text from RSCH.

I was invited to respond to a mobile phone survey request after my visit to RSCH A&E. The reply text number, 08000, is not recognised by my call provider. This, I am using your web page to a) advise you that the mobile phone text number is invalid, and b), offer my comments on my visit.

I arrived at hospital and paid £5 for car park charges on the assumption that I would be there for at least four hours. As it was, I was in a&e for two hours. Had it not been for the fact that I waited almost an hour for an X-ray to be done, giving way several times to emergency patients arriving just as I was next again, my overall stay would probably have been shorter. Any other comments That would have been referred to in the text survey are covered by your questionnaire above.

Please pass on to your colleagues my comment regarding the phone number 08000.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 27 March 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

Becky Marsden gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment for severe back pain

I was admitted into Royal Surrey A & E on Saturday 29 March 2014 with severe back pain. The paramedics were outstanding, sympathetic and helpful. They arrived at my house in Bramley very quickly. At the Royal Surrey the doctors and nurses were brilliant, friendly and patient. The service could not have operated better. I was attended to quickly and efficiently. Thank you!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 30 March 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 31 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Royal Surrey. We have passed your feedback to the A & E department for them to share with the doctors and nurses.

Thanks again, we hope you are recovering well.

Royal Surrey County Hospital

Hannah gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing staff!

I had my tonsils removed on Friday 7th march and I have never been in a hospital were they cared so much for their patients. Everyone in the day surgery unit was lovely to be around and were so re assuring before and after the opp. I will recommend this hospital to everyone and thank you to all the lovely and caring staff

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 10 March 2014

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Ear, Nose and Throat services.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience at the day surgery unit and that all our members of staff were reassuring and acted with kindness.

Thanks again for your feedback,