Check here for alerts

BMI The Meriden Hospital

024 7664 7000 University Hospital Site, Clifford Bridge Road , Coventry, Warwickshire, CV2 2LQ

Anonymous gave BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

What was the point ???

Refer by gp to bmi had an X-ray at bmi then got told by a doctor with no bed side manner that I was outside there guidelines. I was refer to find out what was wrong with me I still don't know??? What was the point

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 07 November 2016

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and aim to resolve them. Many thanks.

David Holton reviewed BMI The Meriden Hospital

What a joke bmi healthcare is

So this being the first time I have been to a bmi hospital I am not amused, first appointment the consultant was on holiday, drove all the way from Northampton to meriden to be told I did not have an appointment. BMI mistake. Second appointment got canceled because they had booked my appointment with the wrong person, but only told me the day before.waited an extra 2 weeks for that appointment this is all meant to be urgent appointment. So over all my opinion so far Well watch this space.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 17 November 2016

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and investigate why this happened.

David Holton gave BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

What a joke bmi healthcare is

Finally had my appointment at BMI The Meriden Hospital, appointment was on time, rather shocked after explaining to the professional what my problems were, was told to go to Coventry university hospital accident and emergency. Ask them if they were serious and they replied yes. Not what I was expecting after BMI had messed me about for a month with my appointments. Would definitely not use BMI again .

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 02 December 2016

We are very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and aim to resolve them.

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

BMI won't treat NHS patients with a history of depression

Bit of background - I have a herniated disc and was referred for a neurosurgeon appointment, and given the option of a BMI hospital by my GP. However I found out later I can't get treatment at BMI as I have a previous record (and very long ago) of mild depression in my medical records. I'm absolutely disgusted. My current injury has nothing to do with the depression I had years ago - but I'm apparently not good enough to get treated at the BMI because of it. Sickening.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 28 October 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback. In order for us to investigate your comments further please call 02476 647010.

SAJ gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

After care is a disgrace.

My elderly father had a hip replacement and was sent home against his will the day after. He lives alone and has no family nearby. As soon as I knew he was being sent home, I telephoned the hospital to express my concerns but was simply told by the person I eventually got to speak too, that they only deal with private patient appointments and could only give me a number to ring. I rang the number to be greeted by an answer machine which I left a message for someone to telephone me urgently. That was three days ago and still no phone call..... He was being discharged within half an hour and as I live two hours away, my hands were tied and my only hope was that somebody would actually have the decency to return my call.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 28 August 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 30 August 2016

Sorry to hear of your experience. Please can you contact the hospital in order for us to respond. 02476647010. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good experience and successful outcome

I was lucky to be able to undergo total hip replacement at BMI (as NHS pt). From admission on a Friday to discharge on the Sunday afternoon I was treated with care and respect. Operation went well, had problems with drop in blood pressure post op but staff extremely caring and allayed any anxieties that I had. Subsequent physio appointments were very good. Thank you to the Consultant, all staff on Charlecote ward, (especially night staff) and physio team.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 21 October 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 October 2016

Many thanks for your comments which will be shared with our Ward Manager, ward staff and Physio team.

A Steadman gave Gynaecology at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynae outpatients and Proceedures

Last week I attended Gynae outpatients and was treated with dignity and respect. Despite it being a delicate issue, the consultant was very good at explaining everything and kept it light hearted and made me feel at ease. I parked in the normal car park and paid fopaking but it wasn't that expensive. I attended today for a proceedure and again felt totally at ease and well supported by all the staff present and care was professional but relaxed. Everywhere was clean, today I parked in the free private hospital car park. The only negative was that the queue on the road for the large hospital car park meant I had to drive on the other side of the road to get to the Meriden hospital. Not the best planning.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 July 2016

Thank you for your kind feedback. We will share this with our staff.

fell walker gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A trouble-free experience

Despite not being too well after my knee replacement operation, I found all the staff caring and understanding. The atmosphere on the ward was that of efficiency making patients feel confident in their knowledge and understanding of their needs. I can not recommend this hospital enough. As for the brilliance of the surgeon, I was amazed at how quickly I was back to normal walking once more. Hoping to be informed that there is a bed available for my other knee soon. Can't wait to be back on the mountains again.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 26 September 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 October 2016

Many thanks for your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our Ward Manager and ward staff.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Poor car parking at peak times

I couldn't fault the staff co-op, the cleanliness or the treatment, but I felt I had to say something about the car parking (and deduct a star for it).
I always arrive in plenty of time (thankfully), because I usually have to wait an extraordinary amount of time to get a parking space in the car park. It's always packed in peak periods, and it's then one car in, one car out.
This often creates huge traffic queues of cars waiting for a space, many of the car occupants have to leave their cars to tell reception they will be late for their appointment.
What really annoys me is that the car park would be sufficient, but (at least) half of the spaces are taken up by hospital staff "because it's free".
The thing is, the car park has numerous signs stating 'car parking for patients and visitors only'. It makes no mention of staff parking.
It may be true that hospital staff get free parking, but it's the patients that pay for it (thousands of pounds in healthcare fees), but they often can't use it, and have to pay in the adjacent hospital parking.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 July 2016

Many thanks for your feedback. This will be communicated to relevant staff regarding the car parking.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Very pleased and grateful for excellent care for having NHS bunion op. Recommend going for early Saturday appointments if you can. No traffic and nice and quiet

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 21 March 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 July 2016

Many thanks for the feedback on your procedure at The Meriden.