BMI The Meriden Hospital

024 7664 7000 University Hospital Site, Clifford Bridge Road , Coventry, Warwickshire, CV2 2LQ

Annie gave BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Imaging Dept Appointment Nightmare

I have to have an annual scan and blood tests before seeing my consultant, making the appointment for the scan is never easy, but this time was a farce.Booked the blood test and tried to book the scan in early December for an appointed in early January, had to leave a message to book the scan, in this messaged I explained when my blood test was and asked for a scan on the same date, no return phone call, after about four hours I rang back to be told I had a scan appointment at 5.00 on a different day to my blood test, as the road works at Toll Bar the late appointment was out of the question, scan and blood test rearranged I thought everything was booked, until I had a phone call from the Imaging Dept yesterday (05/01/2017) referring to my appointment on the 09/10/2017 at 5.00 I explained when my appoints were and was told they would call back which they did do saying they had sorted everything out and my scan was booked for today at 12.10.After over an hour of waiting and asking what was happening I was told neither of the two consultant were available or thought yesterday I was told they had spoken to both of them and while one was not there the other one was booked to do my scan.I left having not had my scan this is at best appalling service. I have recently had three CT and MRI scans over five weeks at Warwick Hospital and been treated with the upmost care and dignity, you could learn a lot from them.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 09 January 2017

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital's Imaging Department when booking your appointments. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and aim to resolve them. In the meantime your comments have been passed to our Imaging Department Manager.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Outpatient visit

I haven't visited the hospital for a couple of years and totally forgot how awful the site traffic management is, people in fluorescent jackets shouting and sending me for excursions around the site, sitting in traffic jams for car parks I don't intend on using , trying to explain I don't need this car park and told to wait in the line until I got to the front and then allowed to move out. 20 mins from Warwickshire to site , 1 1/2 hrs onsite trying to get into the inadequate car parking facility, I have never had to wait for parking at the Nuffield . I noticed since my last visit the outer road layout has changed , has it worked definitely not onsite, more wasted money .

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital has not yet replied.

ltijrs gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Lack of duty of care

My GP recently booked an urgent referral appointment for me to be seen by a consultant in the Oral and Maxillofacial clinic at BMI Meriden. However, just 2 days before the appointment, I was informed, in a phone call, that it had been cancelled. When I asked why - particularly as I was supposed to be seen within two weeks - the caller said they were not able to give me the reason why and I would have to arrange to be referred to another hospital. I was shocked to receive this blunt news and when I contacted my GP surgery they also had no idea why the appointment had been cancelled. I will now have to wait longer for a diagnosis of what may be a potentially serious issue because for some reason unknown to me, BMI Meriden decided to cancel my appointment.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

What was the point ???

Refer by gp to bmi had an X-ray at bmi then got told by a doctor with no bed side manner that I was outside there guidelines. I was refer to find out what was wrong with me I still don't know??? What was the point

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 07 November 2016

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and aim to resolve them. Many thanks.

David Holton reviewed BMI The Meriden Hospital

What a joke bmi healthcare is

So this being the first time I have been to a bmi hospital I am not amused, first appointment the consultant was on holiday, drove all the way from Northampton to meriden to be told I did not have an appointment. BMI mistake. Second appointment got canceled because they had booked my appointment with the wrong person, but only told me the day before.waited an extra 2 weeks for that appointment this is all meant to be urgent appointment. So over all my opinion so far Well watch this space.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 17 November 2016

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and investigate why this happened.

David Holton gave BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

What a joke bmi healthcare is

Finally had my appointment at BMI The Meriden Hospital, appointment was on time, rather shocked after explaining to the professional what my problems were, was told to go to Coventry university hospital accident and emergency. Ask them if they were serious and they replied yes. Not what I was expecting after BMI had messed me about for a month with my appointments. Would definitely not use BMI again .

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 02 December 2016

We are very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and aim to resolve them.

Allan gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

waste of time and money.

My gp referred me 2wks prior to appt at bmi.When i arrived for appt had to have 4 x/rays. Which generated £170 As BMI had very conveniently not recieved my referral. Pricing tariffs were not explained to me.As i had to pay for x/rays ,Then i recieved another bill 6 wks after seeing consultant. The consultation lasted 10 minutes,After having had a T/H/Replacement 2 yrs prior on N/H/S,And being in constant pain. I thought that the consultant would go more in depth into why i was suffering so much.Basically all that was said was that if i wanted another hip op it would be 15 thousand pounds. I came to the B/M/I for help,And you let me down,At a time i was in limbo. 7wks later i heard from N/H/S that they were going to do my hip again,Which was duly done on21/12/2016.From what i gather the scar tissue had congealed to the hip. No wonder i was in so much pain. I thought going private would be a good idea, Silly me. waste of £370.00.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 07 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 09 January 2017

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

BMI won't treat NHS patients with a history of depression

Bit of background - I have a herniated disc and was referred for a neurosurgeon appointment, and given the option of a BMI hospital by my GP. However I found out later I can't get treatment at BMI as I have a previous record (and very long ago) of mild depression in my medical records. I'm absolutely disgusted. My current injury has nothing to do with the depression I had years ago - but I'm apparently not good enough to get treated at the BMI because of it. Sickening.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 28 October 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback. In order for us to investigate your comments further please call 02476 647010.

SAJ gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

After care is a disgrace.

My elderly father had a hip replacement and was sent home against his will the day after. He lives alone and has no family nearby. As soon as I knew he was being sent home, I telephoned the hospital to express my concerns but was simply told by the person I eventually got to speak too, that they only deal with private patient appointments and could only give me a number to ring. I rang the number to be greeted by an answer machine which I left a message for someone to telephone me urgently. That was three days ago and still no phone call..... He was being discharged within half an hour and as I live two hours away, my hands were tied and my only hope was that somebody would actually have the decency to return my call.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 28 August 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 30 August 2016

Sorry to hear of your experience. Please can you contact the hospital in order for us to respond. 02476647010. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good experience and successful outcome

I was lucky to be able to undergo total hip replacement at BMI (as NHS pt). From admission on a Friday to discharge on the Sunday afternoon I was treated with care and respect. Operation went well, had problems with drop in blood pressure post op but staff extremely caring and allayed any anxieties that I had. Subsequent physio appointments were very good. Thank you to the Consultant, all staff on Charlecote ward, (especially night staff) and physio team.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 21 October 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 28 October 2016

Many thanks for your comments which will be shared with our Ward Manager, ward staff and Physio team.