BMI The Meriden Hospital

024 7664 7000 University Hospital Site, Clifford Bridge Road , Coventry, Warwickshire, CV2 2LQ

Roy gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to the consultant and the team

Today I had a colonoscopy and have to say that the staff and consultant could not have done more to make the whole experience a worry free time. From the moment I walked into reception until the time I left (about 3 hours) later everyone was great.

I would not hesitate to recommend this superb hospital to anyone seeking professional and caring treatment. It's the best!!!

Thank you to all concerned.

Roy Peace

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS

Great experience! I had a total knee replacement and am currently on the mend, I just wanted to say how great full I am for the Meriden to offer a NHS service. I was in a lot of pain and was forced to take time off work, thankfully I was seen very quickly and operated on within weeks, The staff were amazing, from the ward through to outpatients and the consultant was great, It was reassuring to see my consultant throughout my journey, I wasn't palmed off to junior doctor. I would like to thank the NHS department for helping me with a couple of queries that a rose, they did a fantastic job reassuring me. I

The only issue I would like to mention, is the carparking!! Such a nightmare to park. But if that is my only gripe, I cant be to annoyed with the service I received!

Thanks again -

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 April 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 20 April 2017

Your comments will be shared with the Executive Director and the rest of the hospital team.

Maggie gave Neurosurgery at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Tteatment

This was my first experience. I was referred by my Dr as a NHS patient for urgent treatment on a prolapsed neck disc. My treatment was first class as was the support, food and all staff. I have recommended this hospital even though I live 20 miles away, I would go again. I have even taken up private health cover to ensure i can make my own decision to go there in future should i need any treatment.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 June 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which we are delighted to read. We are very pleased that your treatment went smoothly. We have passed on your kind comments to the hospital team.

Annie gave BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Imaging Dept Appointment Nightmare

I have to have an annual scan and blood tests before seeing my consultant, making the appointment for the scan is never easy, but this time was a farce.Booked the blood test and tried to book the scan in early December for an appointed in early January, had to leave a message to book the scan, in this messaged I explained when my blood test was and asked for a scan on the same date, no return phone call, after about four hours I rang back to be told I had a scan appointment at 5.00 on a different day to my blood test, as the road works at Toll Bar the late appointment was out of the question, scan and blood test rearranged I thought everything was booked, until I had a phone call from the Imaging Dept yesterday (05/01/2017) referring to my appointment on the 09/10/2017 at 5.00 I explained when my appoints were and was told they would call back which they did do saying they had sorted everything out and my scan was booked for today at 12.10.After over an hour of waiting and asking what was happening I was told neither of the two consultant were available or thought yesterday I was told they had spoken to both of them and while one was not there the other one was booked to do my scan.I left having not had my scan this is at best appalling service. I have recently had three CT and MRI scans over five weeks at Warwick Hospital and been treated with the upmost care and dignity, you could learn a lot from them.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 09 January 2017

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital's Imaging Department when booking your appointments. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and aim to resolve them. In the meantime your comments have been passed to our Imaging Department Manager.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Outpatient visit

I haven't visited the hospital for a couple of years and totally forgot how awful the site traffic management is, people in fluorescent jackets shouting and sending me for excursions around the site, sitting in traffic jams for car parks I don't intend on using , trying to explain I don't need this car park and told to wait in the line until I got to the front and then allowed to move out. 20 mins from Warwickshire to site , 1 1/2 hrs onsite trying to get into the inadequate car parking facility, I have never had to wait for parking at the Nuffield . I noticed since my last visit the outer road layout has changed , has it worked definitely not onsite, more wasted money .

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 20 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on the car parking on the University Hospital site. We apologise that this was your experience when using the Meriden Hospital and your comments have been noted. Many thanks.

ltijrs gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Lack of duty of care

My GP recently booked an urgent referral appointment for me to be seen by a consultant in the Oral and Maxillofacial clinic at BMI Meriden. However, just 2 days before the appointment, I was informed, in a phone call, that it had been cancelled. When I asked why - particularly as I was supposed to be seen within two weeks - the caller said they were not able to give me the reason why and I would have to arrange to be referred to another hospital. I was shocked to receive this blunt news and when I contacted my GP surgery they also had no idea why the appointment had been cancelled. I will now have to wait longer for a diagnosis of what may be a potentially serious issue because for some reason unknown to me, BMI Meriden decided to cancel my appointment.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 20 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your cancelled appointment and we are sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 in order to leave more details so this can be investigated. In the meantime your comments have been passed on to our Outpatient Appointments Supervisor. Many thanks

Andy Beale gave Urology at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great care and service, second to none. A big well done

Visited several times over the past few weeks. Always been treated with respect and great care. Thank you

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 27 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive comment which will be passed on to our teams. Kind Regards.

Samantha Donohue gave Orthopaedics at BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic hospital

I found my stay at this hospital outstanding. This is my second treatment here and All staff were extremely friendly and attentive. Food and menu were fantastic. Cleanliness was impeccable. I could not fault anything, I was made to feel at ease and the procedure went very smoothly. I would highly recommend the surgeon who performed my hip replacement surgery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 09 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comments which we will pass onto the teams. We do hope you are continuing to have a good recovery. Many thanks

Anonymous gave BMI The Meriden Hospital a rating of 1 stars

What was the point ???

Refer by gp to bmi had an X-ray at bmi then got told by a doctor with no bed side manner that I was outside there guidelines. I was refer to find out what was wrong with me I still don't know??? What was the point

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 07 November 2016

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and aim to resolve them. Many thanks.

David Holton reviewed BMI The Meriden Hospital

What a joke bmi healthcare is

So this being the first time I have been to a bmi hospital I am not amused, first appointment the consultant was on holiday, drove all the way from Northampton to meriden to be told I did not have an appointment. BMI mistake. Second appointment got canceled because they had booked my appointment with the wrong person, but only told me the day before.waited an extra 2 weeks for that appointment this is all meant to be urgent appointment. So over all my opinion so far Well watch this space.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

BMI The Meriden Hospital replied on 17 November 2016

I am very sorry to hear this was your experience of our hospital. Please contact me directly 02476 647010 and we can discuss your concerns further and investigate why this happened.