Queen's Hospital

Telephone: 01708 435000
Address: Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG
Website: http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk

Geoff gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Crisis, What Crisis?

We constantly hear that the NHS is in crisis, well after my first stay in hospital since 1959 I can only say that the care was superb, the staff a joy to meet, the ward clean & comfortable and the whole experience almost a pleasure.
I realise much of this was due to the very hard work of a dedicated staff but even the food was O.K.
I had been dreading the thought of ever having to spend a night in hospital as old age galloped towards me but quite frankly I was amazed at the whole experience, much of it was actually fun.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 03 May 2015

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 May 2015

It’s a pleasure to hear about how excellent your experience in our hospital was. Thank you for taking the time to share your story on NHS Choices.
Yours sincerely
Wendy Matthews
Interim Chief Nurse

Janetcabby gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No care and no staff coordination

My sister has been told to go to A&E by her GP. She has had an adverage BP of 210/127 for the past month. All clinicians that review her ate shocked that she has had no treatment. She has just been told to go home again by A&E staff. What doe she need to do to get some help with her BP. She is a 48 yr old woman and has previously been healthy. We are totally exhausted as to what to do next.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 05 May 2015

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Halley gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Re-assuring and good care to my 1 year old

My 1 year old had a seizure, after taken to Queens Hospital in Romford - by the immaculate and extremely caring and fast response ambulance - Queens Hospital, provided me and my partner with the upmost care and consideration, they were very emphatic and gave us time and assistance and overcoming in my shock of the situation and also unconditional information. They were very assertive and attentive and warm.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 06 May 2015

Aaron gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Cleanness in waiting area

The visit to this hospital was due to my girlfriend having stomach pains during her pregnancy. The wait wasn't long at all to be seen however the state of the waiting area in cornflower B was discusting. The was crisps and rappers all over the floor as well as cups, bottles, used baby wipes and left over food just squashed onto the chairs and floor. There was spilt drinks and the floor was sticky. For an area that is supposed to be all about cleanliness this was an utter disgrace.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 06 May 2015

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Extremely poor hospital

Was brought in via Ambulance and waited 45mins (in urgent care centre) told to wait in a different ward (Majors lite). When when I stated the exact time since, we arrived as per the paramedic (45min).Acording to receptionist. Around 30, I stated thats incorrect. Nhs employees response, well that's what the doctors wil use soo...
been waiting in a cold corridor for 2 hours exact with no update from staff and when I asked,
how many doctors on duty at this ward now..
reply: I don't know
me:an estimate as to how long
reply: I don't know
awfully poor service, for a patient with breathing difficulty and lips going blue...This just isn't acceptable.I pay for NHS with my taxes and this is not money's worth!

Avoid at all cost - you will not get the help and care you came for!!

After all this wait, left with no medicine, no diagnosis, no help no care....nothing
zilch

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

J Given gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Brilliant staff at A&E

I was sent to A&E by my GP today and the care and support I received at triage and in ambulatory care was excellent.

Everything was clearly explained to me, all the staff were very kind and helpful and I felt so well looked after all the way through my time there.

My condition was thoroughly investigated, things were explained to me as I went along and I felt really informed.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who looked after me today, it was a very positive experience.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unorganised Bluebell B Ward

Bluebell B ward unorganised, short staff no one is helpful. Even the senior sister too busy when my mother was buzzing. I approached the senior sister in charge sthey were writing something on a paper however, I asked them what is going on? they said I will call someone shorty. Shocking, please someone inspect this ward NHS should be ashamed.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Quick Response to Near Fatal Asthma Attack

I want to praise the care i received and have continually received from the hospital. I am a 34 year old lady whose asthma has deteriorated this year and have already had x5 admissions to Queens. The staff in the busy A&E department have always ensured i received excellent care and have been swift in recognition of my breathing becoming worse. If it hadn't been for the care of doctors and nurses on my last admission i would have ended up in intensive care.

On admission i regularly pass through the Assessment Unit and Bluebell B-Respiratory Ward. Again all the staff have been pleasant polite and made me feel that i was the only patient. The doctors have listened to my concerns and tailored my treatment to my needs.

I can be nothing but thankful for the care i have received from Queens.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Terrible Miscommunication and Chaotic

Having waited two hours at the local walk-in clinic where they were unable to help as I have a foreign body stuck in my eye, I was recommended to go the the specialist eye unit at Queens. I was given a card and pointed to wait in a room with no real explanations. I understand waiting for a couple of hours due to the sheer amount of pre booked appointments, but when called, I was merely told by the nurse that I had to go to Moorfields, well over an hour away due to the Doctor being too busy. I appreciate that this isn't the nurses fault but, asked why I wasn't relayed this at reception, they didn't have an answer. The reception staff were frankly useless and incompetent to not explain that there was zero chance of anyone wishing to use the walk in service would never receive any ehlp today. My eye is extremely painful and it's only been exacerbated by the pathetic service at Queen's today.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rhuematology department

My mother attended this clinic today and was very happy with the treatment she was given The Consultant explained everything to her clearly and she was made to feel confident of where her treatment is going in future.
The staff who attended to her during her visit were excellent!
So a big thank you to the Queens for thier excellent service.