Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Mubi gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst experience ever I had

My name is mubashir I visit with my brother because he had strong ankle injury while he run we wait 2 hrs in emergency and when I asked how long more they said they don't have his name in system even ambulance bring him here and they provide all the documents but still they don't put proper name there.
Never recommend to anyone one

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 03 July 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A&E

Queued with seven other ambulance patients for half an hour before being signed in. No proper triage done. Blood tests and BP/oxygen tests done in corridor. Sent to majors lite to join 14 others waiting to be seen. Called in for ECg, no explanation why this was needed. Told to go back into waiting area. Waited six hours to see doctor. No priority for seriously ill patients. Three with cut to a hand, one drunk, two upset stomachs were seen before me, I had internal bleeding. This was not seen by a doctor for six hours after arrival. No what to do if... Just a letter to GP for something else that was found. Staff busy laughing and joking about non-work matters, no attempt to respect ill patients.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016

Kay gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Rude Staff

i was advised by the walk in centre at harold wood that i had to call queens hospital to book an X ray, which i did and the person on the phone asked me for my details and booked me in for 5.10 the same day, i turned up at the X Ray/Radiology dept (in the blue zone) and booked in to be asked if i had a form, I said no so the person on reception went and spoke to another person who rudely approached me and said i need a form to be able to have the X Ray, i said i was not told on the phone that i need a form and they said the person on the phone would have told me i need to bring a form, i said im 110% positive there was no mention of a form what so ever and explained what was said over the phone, to be tole by the same rude person that i was wrong and the person who booked me the appointment would have definitely told me to bring a form, i asked to speak to somebody else as i did not appreciate how i was being spoken to and another person came over and helped me while the very rude and disrespectful person just tutted and huffed at me. at the end of the day if i was told i need a form i would not have wasted my time going down there without one and cause myself the unnecessary grief. i will be finding out who this person's manager is and making a formal complaint. no need for it what so ever!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 08 July 2016

Appalling

After a seriou accident on a construction site, I was taken to the A&E department for treatment (approx 945am) I advised the receptionist that I have a very large, deep cut to my leg which was bleeding quite badly. My details were taken and I was asked to take a seat. After some while (and more bleeding), I asked the receptionist how long the wait would be for someone to initially look at the wound. At this point I was advised that if I went to x ray first and then to major injury department, this may speed things up. After a short wait my leg had an x ray (still clothed) and I walked to major injury department. Despite advising the receptionist that this was a dirty wound that was still bleeding quite badly, I sat for another 2+ hours in the waiting area before anyone even looked at it, even though I advised the receptionist that I was starting to feel pretty lightheaded! The nurse and consultant who eventually treated the wound were really good, but obviously very busy. However, the lack of anyone checking the wound beforehand was disgraceful!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 08 July 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 July 2016

I am sorry to read of your comments regarding your experience in Queen’s Hospital Emergency Department. I understand how concerned you must have been, having to wait so long to have your wound cleaned. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be happy to look into them further for you. The PALS team can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk .

Yours Sincerely

Nadeem Moghal
Medical Director

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

fracture clinic

had an appointment for fracture clinic at 10 10 am was not seen till ten to twelve when i asked why this was a member of staff told me they had put quite a few people before me. how can that be if i had an appointment we all had problems. also as soon as the clinic opened it was running fifteen minutes late .we were told in the letter not to miss the appointment and be on time how can someone take the decision to push me to the back of the queue .

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 09 July 2016

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital

Reception at Queens Hospital A&E

I visited the a&e this evening at about past 6 pm. I told the streaming nurse about my symptoms including severe facial pain. The nurse dismissed it as normal flu and asked me to call 111 for a dr appointment. It turned out to be sinuses infection!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 10 July 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

8 days in Queens after displaced and fractured knee

I was the victim of a drunk driver who smashed into my car at high speed then ran off leaving me with a shattered knee lying in the road in the face of oncoming traffic. Needless to say I found the whole thing traumatic. The emergency services and A&E at Queens were top class and I was amazed at their skill and care. Then I was on Alpha Ward A for 8 days and things deteriorated. Waited 3 days for the op and another day for the cast meaning my knee swelled badly and caused more pain. Then they just wanted rid of me with minimal physio until I kicked off and involved PALS. There seems to be a real disconnect between departments not brought about by lack of resources but rather a lack of joined up thinking. My family and I have always been staunch advocates of the NHS but my experience was an eye opener - an almost complete shut down over the weekend, disillusioned older staff (one Matron told our shocked ward they were tired, didn't care anymore and couldn't wait to leave 'like everyone else in here'!) and treating patients who had the temerity to ask questions as troublemakers. Too much emphasis on tick boxes, covering themselves from liability and not enough respect I thought. We saw older and foreign patients less able to insist on their rights pretty much ignored. Overall it seems that there are some really good people in the hospital weighed down by the cynicism and siege mentality of others. I am less convinced now that the problems are ones of funding and more from a lack of joined up thinking. Behind their backs nearly all the excellent nurses were critical of the senior doctors for living in a bubble and the consultants act like some gentrified upper class remote from their far lesser paid colleagues - 'it's upstairs and downstairs in here' one brilliant staff nurse told me and that seemed to sum it up,

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 14 July 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and grommits

Despite a very long wait (over 6 months), my son went it yesterday for a tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and grommits.

I am so glad my son had his operation at Queen's. We have received such a superb service from all staff from the minute we arrived until we were discharged. Nurses and doctors kept us informed throughout the day, and ensured he was comfortable, pain-free and well fed. The facilities on the Tropical Bay were amazing and kept my son entertained despite his discomfort. I would like to express my admiration and gratitude for the staff who worked so tirelessly from 7am and were still there when we left. They were polite, professional and cheerful despite the long hours.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 14 July 2016

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Reassurance

I have had problems with my eyes for over a year. I was referred by my GP for a 2-4 appointment and was seen within 2 weeks . There was a long wait of 3hrs but all the staff were busy and I put this down to to many patients and not enough staff and this is not a reflection on the hospital itself . However I had many tests and each staff member that treated me was polite and answered any questions in fact one member noticed when I was struggling and gave me a rest during a test. In my final consultation it was fully explained what was wrong and they gave me great reassurance that they can help. The staff communicated very well and were compassionate. I have a long journey ahead but am reassured that queens will do all it can to restore my sight. Thank you

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 15 July 2016

Donna Wilson gave Stroke services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent professional service delivered with care

14.07.2016. First visit to TIA clinic. Doctor and nurse were so professional and kind. The care I received was fantastic. We have such a fantastic NHS service with excellent people working at our hospitals and we should all be so proud. Thank you. Donna Wilson

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 15 July 2016