Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brightening up my sisters visit.

I would like to give a great big thank you to the staff at the chemo reception who gave big hugs to my sister when she arrived for her consultation last Monday 6th June.
I live in Australia and I rang about an hour before she arrived and spoke to a lovely person on reception to see if they could do a nice welcome as it was her birthday, and they said we'll see what we can do, and they made a card as well, my niece got a photo and sent it to me. Fantastic! I think she enjoyed it, but someone heard her say, I'll kill him! ahahah.
Thanks again, Robert.

Queen's Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments Robert. I am most pleased that our staff was able to make your sister feel special during her clinic visit on her birthday. I will ensure that your comment is passed on to the Haematology Department; the staff will be delighted to receive your gratitude.

Pete McEvoy gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Is anyone there?

Wednesday 8th June 2016 10.30am. I have a query about an appointment with the Orthopaedic Dept. I rang 435000 which went unanswered for about 10 minutes. I looked up the number for Orthopaedics on their website and phoned that. I was answered by someone from Occupational Therapy.
Just how am I supposed to contact this hospital?
Then to add insult to injury I left unfavourable feedback wherein it required my email address. What about your email address so that we can contact you?

Queen's Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding the difficulty you had trying to contact the Orthopaedics Department. Your comments regarding the lack of or incorrect information on our Website has been passed onto the Manager in Communications, for their investigations. In the meantime, you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be happy to look into any concerns you may have regarding your appointment. They can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk .

Tracey gave Haematology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and treatment

Referring to Haematology department only....my mother has been treated with care, understanding, empathy and professionalism.
Our allocated specialist nurses have been fantastic. Attention to detail and always have time to answer questions. Although busy they always make us feel individual and have shown my mum great compassion and understanding.
The Haematology Consultant is professional, empathic, always makes us feel as though they are there just for us. They are very kind and gentle in manner and explains everything slowly and fully and allows my mum to express her fears openly without judgement or comment.
Never rushed the consultant always gives time for us to take in information and discuss.
I am very happy that my mum is in their care. She couldn't have better!
Even the receptionists made my mum a birthday card from my Uncle when he called from Australia to ask them to surprise her at the hospital on her birthday....as she had to attend. They sang to her and even bought her a chocolate muffin! Altho embarrassed I think it made her day... Plus greetings from the nursing staff too!

Queen's Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

I am delighted to read your comments regarding our Haematology Department. It is wonderful to hear how everyone, from the receptionist through to the consultant have treated your mum with such empathy and care. This is the level of service I expect from all of our staff and I hope it continues in the future. I will pass your comments on to the Divisional nurse for this area so that she can share this with her staff and will also forward this to the Chief Executive so that he is aware of your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave these comments.

Chief Nurse

Pete McEvoy gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Top treatment from top people-7 stitches - no hassle

I am a 70 year old stubborn man. At around 5.30pm I fell at home and hit the top of my head which bled profusely for about 5 minutes until the pressure my family were applying stopped the bleeding. I just wanted to leave it and let it heal but our friend and neighbour, who is a gp took a look and insisted that I needed stitches. My daughter phoned the Walk in Clinic at Harold Wood who said that they closed at 8.00pm but there were so many waiting they could not accept any more patients this evening. I reluctantly let my family take me to Queens A & E, where I expected to be kept hanging about for at least 4 hours.
Was I proved to be wrong. We arrived at A&E at about 6.00pm. There was no one queueing at the A&E reception and someone, who it turned out was a doctor and was carrying the duty of Triage, came out from their room, examined my head and sent me through to their nearby Urgent Care Centre. There were about 10 people there but I had hardly sat down when I was called in by the nurse who cleaned up the blood from my head, cleaned the wound which proved to be about 3 inches long (75mm for younger people) and put in 7 stitches. They also attended to a small cut I had sustained to my hand which they glued closed, and finished off by giving me a tetanus jab. I was then sent on my way with a 7 day course of antibiotics.
I was on my home at 6.15 but the treatment was so quick I found it hard to believe that it had taken that long. Seemed like 30 minutes to me. Thank you Queens satff.

Queen's Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Queens Hospital Emergency Department. I am most pleased that despite your initial expectations, you had a positive experience. I will ensure that your comments are passed on the Divisional Nurses responsible for this area so that she can share this with her staff.

Nadeem Moghal
Medical Director

jon gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

poor communication no respect a&e

i was sent to a&e on Saturday afternoon and after a urine sample was told i had a urine infection and would be given anti bioctics . i asked the dr i was under what one i would be given , they said trimethoprim , no problem till change over that night , didn't see anyone until 4am next morning and was told i was being discharge , no problem till i asked for the anti bioctic , the dr said they don't know anything about the infection so was not giving it , that dr spoke to me with no respect at all even fregtened to call sercurity to me . made no attempt to help , if they could not find out from the other dr then i should have been ask to do either urine sample to check . instead they just give me the anti bioctic to get rid of me . that dr had no respect for me cared only about the bed .

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 14 June 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Wendy & mr Cashmore gave Oncology - Clinical at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiotherapy department wonderful team

I would like to thank all the staff in the radiotherapy department for their care, support and friendliness they have shown my dad during his radiotherapy trratment during the last 7 weeks. It was a worrying time for us but all the staff made it better. They were always helpful, keeping us up to date on delays and above all very patient. The staff were always smiling.
A special thank you also to one member of staff who checked my dad in each day and went out of their way to make sure every thing went smoothly. This member of staff again was always friendly and patient.

Thank you to you all, it's a very busy department and all the staff worked really well as part of a team.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Twice in two weeks at A&E

My husband collapsed at home, and was taken to the Queens by ambulance. The ambulance staff were so helpful and reassuring and stayed with us until my husband was seen to. My husband had to be taken to the resuscitation ward where the level of care was second to none. The support staff was lovely.

My 18 year old son went to A&E the early hours of Monday 13 June with severe tonsillitis, he was really distressed. The Triage nurse was so helpful and took bloods. He was admitted to the Amber Ward B where he received a fantastic level of care.

You could tell that the staff are overworked but they all showed care and compassion.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

alex gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Queen's Hospital a rating of 2 stars

hospital is amazing ,my doctor no

I've beed for a ent check up ! The doctor could not even writte my name ,or my pacient code .i asked what i should do with the biopsy i refused they said is ok ,the result are great ! ( as i told i refuse the biopsy how can the result be fine ? ) and many more .i am wondering if i can became a doctor as well in this case!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 16 June 2016

jonwas123 reviewed Queen's Hospital

Poor communication

I was sent to queens unwell. After doing a urine sample was told I had a urine infection and would need antibiotics. Asked what one I would get, the doctor said trimethoprim. no problem till change over that night, didn't see staff till 4am who said I was being discharged, so I asked for the antibioctic was told they know nothing about the infection, after argueing with and frightening me with security if they could not speak to other staff, they could have just done either urine test but no gave me the antibiotics so i can be discharged. In my opinion, that staff member showed no respect to me I was unwell and did not want to be arguing for their mistakes.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 14 June 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Adnan gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A&E very long awaiting times

Very long awaiting times in both children and Adult A&E, I met the doctor after 6 hours wait who told me they are seeing both Childers and adults, very bad staffed, long awaiting queues, staff is not friendly.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 16 June 2016