Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

On hold

I think it's absolutely terrible that I waited on hold for an hour to be cut off, I now done that 2 times, 2 hours and no one has answered yet is so bad. What if I had an emergency?? It's not acceptable for the nhs to do this.. They need reliable staff to just answer the phones..

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 02 May 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 27 May 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding the Sexual Health Service. I would like to put you in touch with the Manager of the service in order that he can take action to address this. If this is something you would like us to arrange, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be able to look into this further for you. They can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Yours sincerely

Kathryn Halford
Chief Nurse

roy fawcett gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 2 stars

was in a&e with my son fri 13th got there 2000hrs left 0200

6 hrs in a & e far too long i think triage nurse was very roude doctor was nice tho

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 14 May 2016

HT46 reviewed Queen's Hospital

Grateful to the staff in Children's A&E

My 8yr old son became unwell at school and I initially sought help from my G. P. However, enroute to the chemist afterwards, my son began to go rapidy downhill and he began to panic as he was having difficulty breathing. We drove to the hospital and I carried him into the children's A&E dept. whereupon the Admissions Administrator (Ann) noted his details and immediately informed the triage nurse. We were asked to go straight through and he was seen by the triage nurse followed by a Consultant Paediatrician. He was diagnosed with croup and received treatment. I can not fault the service we received and remain very grateful to all the staff of the Children's A&E Dept. at Queens in Romford.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 16 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

margaret merritt gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Weekend doctor cover

I had to go to Queens A and E on Saturday evening 14th May 2016 at 9.30pm via ambulance after receiving a head, back, neck and shoulder injuries falling down a poorly lighted concrete staircase.
The treatment I received was excellent, caring and professional.
The cover at the hospital was extremely good.
Thank you for you help and professionalism Queens.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 16 May 2016

Amy Kosta gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Surgical Assessment Unit Ocean Ward

19/05/16
At 8:30am I brought my partner into A&E at Queen's hospital as a boil under his armpit had burst, and we were referred to the Surgical Assessment Unit to have it cut and drained. At 1:30pm we were told that his ultrasound was at 2:00pm. 10 minutes later we were told that it would be at 3:00pm. i went downstairs to check with the ultrasound department the definite time and was told that it had been at 1:25pm. We had been lied to twice, for some unknown reason. They then told me to bring him downstairs, but we were stopped by the nurse on the ward who rang the ultrasound department and told us that the appointment was at 3:00pm, but they would see us now anyway, yet another lie. We left the hospital at 4:30pm, 8 hours after arriving, and are disgusted that staff members are lying to cover up their mistakes instead of apologising for the confusion and admitting to it.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 May 2016

Julie Phillips gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity services

I had a baby at Queens three weeks ago and can not rate the quality of care I received high enough.
I had a difficult labour and ended up needing a Caesarean section but I was informed and involved in decisions throughout and felt totally safe at all times. The midwives and medical team communicated with us clearly and responded quickly when I requested pain relief.
After the operation the feeding assistant and the maternity care assistant on the night shift both spent a lot of time with me trying to help me breastfeed.
All in all a very positive experience and I would eco need Queens maternity services.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 May 2016

Ruth Baronovitch gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hysterectomy- post Op

Op performed Sat 14th May. Had expected to be in severe pain and unable to move for at least 72hrs after surgery. This was not so, I requested my morphine pump to be removed by mid morning the next afternoon and only needed the occasional Paracetamol for niggling pain on a scale out of 10 never higher than a 5.
Late afternoon I was up on my feet having a shower & walking around the ward at 4am.
My recovery was fast and I was discharged that Monday.
This I have to put down to my skilled & talented consultant and their brilliant theatre team. I can't praise them all enough. They are Sooo under-paid, never mind big pay for football players, give to the staff of NHS they have god given talent and are life savers.

Big thank you to all the staff of Cornflower B ward, everyone from the tea person(what would we do without you), to staff nurses and to the formidable ward Manager, who runs a tight ship, god bless them and I recommend them all to you, your in safe hands.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 22 May 2016

Christine H gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

2nd Baby

My daughter gave birth for a second time last Saturday at Queens and again the care she was given was second to none I cannot praise the department highly enough. She was hesitant at having her first baby at Queens but decided to stick with them after the great care she always received when visiting them which was frequent as she had quite a few problems. Both experiences were excellent. I was her birthing partner both times and was so impressed with them. Brilliant staff!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 23 May 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Parking

So..you're in a panic because one of your relatives is in an ambulance and you are following in your car. Turn into the car park, which I have no objection to paying for, and the only option is cash only machines i.e. coins and 'no change given'. I had no coins so had to get back in my car and go to a petrol station and buy something after the very unhelpful receptionship in the hospital had no idea!
All it does is add to the stress levels!
Get some modern parking machines.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Terence Fields reviewed Urology at Queen's Hospital

Delay in follow-up appointments after procedures

I see a Urologist, every six months to check my PSA levels. I had an MRI scan in October 2015 and was due an appointment around the end of the year. I received no follow-up appointment for my results so I contacted the hospital to arrange this. After three or four phone calls I finally received an appointment for 4 April 2016 - some six months after the MRI scan. However at the end of March I received a letter to say this appointment was cancelled and another appointment had been made for 4 July 2016. I was unhappy with this and I contacted the Urologist's secretary direct. They were in agreement that this was completely unsatisfactory and arranged an earlier appointment, 9 May. At this appointment it transpires that I need to have an invasive biopsy and this has been given priority notice.
So it now transpires that because of your inefficient administration I did not receive the results until 7 months after my scan, and have to have surgery, the results of which I should have received a few weeks after the scan in October 2015. Should there be any adverse findings in this biopsy it would mean that this delay could be to the detriment to my general health.
This is not the first time I have had delays in my appointments or appointments being cancelled and/or changed. After an earlier biopsy a couple of years ago, I again had to wait for an appointment some six months afterwards.
I am very disappointed with the follow-up of these hospital investigations, surely a patient should receive the results within a reasonable time. Obviously I am now concerned as to the outcome of this latest biopsy and the delay which occurred in the follow up appointment is totally unacceptable.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016