Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Kids a&e and my experience

I'm discusted the was I was treated, I was summited to a&e by 111 as soon as possible because I was coughing up white stuff and was havering extreme chest pains , when arriving I was made to wait 1hour just to sign in although the person was sitting right infront of us having a chat n a laugh with a ambulance driver ,a person who worked in the hospital walked passed n I asked politely if I could get some help they then started moaning at me going well ur gonna have to wait n wouldt get anyone for me alothogh I was the only one in the line and it wasn't busy ,after the person finally came over and was extremely rude laughing going oh ur waiting and when I explained what wrong they were trying to have a debait with me instead of help saying oh well how did I get hear then n asking what school I go to then said oh well uno where to go when I didt. Once in the kids department I was seen to and the person sent me of to get my heart checked I payed down on the bed and was made to remove my clothes although I had no bra on and I felt so uncomfortable the person was taking their time chatting whilst doing it I felt humiliated the curtain wasn't shut either finally 7 hours later when the doctor came over they were the rudest by far rushing me to get out the bed although I felt dizzy and weak again they treated me like we was having a debate instead of helping no one helped me out the bed and then they just gave my medications and left me there. Over all I would never go there again I'm 15 and I'm discusted the way they treated me u would thought they would be abit nicer seen as I'm a child.

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am sorry for your experience. I am disappointed that you were not happy with the service which was provided to you, following your visit to our Emergency Department at Queen’s Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison team. PALS can be contacted by calling 01708 435 454 or by email, PALS@bhrhospital.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Good luck calling

I've tried calling for nearly a week now constantly to book an appointment. The number stated on the page above is never answered for Queens, it just rings through to a voicemail that's tells you not to leave a message! I then then rang the main reception asking to put out through to the department, after being called "Bruv" and given a completely wrong number I hit another voice mailbox which is fantastic! To wrap up, great facilities at the hospital and huge potential, unfortunately just ran and staffed by complete and utter idiots on the phones so what's the point, you'll never get to access what they have. Go elsewhere

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 September 2016

I am sorry to read of the difficulty you are having trying to book an appointment with our Sexual Health Service. I would like to put you in touch with Martin, the Manager of the Service so that action can be taken to address your concerns. If this is something you would like us to arrange, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will be able to look into this further for you. They can be contacted on 01708 435 454 or by email, PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk .

Lee Hudson gave Cardiology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ambulatory Care Unit

My GP sent me straight away to this unit for further results. I must say overall the time, care and results was nothing but first class. From the blood tests to the X-Ray. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Having had these tests before but in a different department this unit is great. I would like to thank all staff for their good work.

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 September 2016

I’m delighted to hear about your experience on our Ambulatory Care Unit. Thank you for taking the time to leave this comment. It is great to hear that the nursing staff were friendly and helpful towards you. This is the level of service I expect all of our staff to provide to patients, so I hope this continues in the future. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the District Nurse for this area so that she can share this with her staff.

Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E on a Friday night

Just spent several hours in A &E with my father who has been taken ill today and what a credit your staff are. We had excellent service from the day staff before they changed over to the night shift. A special thank you staff for their care and fantastic attitude. Thank you and keep up the great work.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 03 September 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 September 2016

I’m delighted to hear about you and your father’s experience, and thank you for taking the time to comment on the care your father received. It’s wonderful to know that everyone treated him so well; I will ensure that your comments are passed onto our Emergency Department, thank you once again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Yours sincerely

RIta Papamichael gave General Surgery at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appraisals to all doctors nurses and receptionists

I have been a patient at King George Hospital for the last 22 years and had wonderful care by all the doctors and nurses I am under. Also the lovely receptionists. However, I have had to attend Queens on a number of occasions as an outpatient and recently been admitted to the ward to have partial amputation to my halluxon my big toe. Thecare from the day unit and my consultant was outstanding, and I was treated with dignity and respect. When I hear people running queens and King George hospital down it really annoys me as I have had to attend many different hospitals in my time since the age of 19 and I am now 76 years old. People need torealise without the NHS and the wonderful doctors and nurses their treatment would not be so personal and intense. Keep upthe good work, Queens and King George you all do a magnificent job. Thank you all.

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 September 2016

I am very pleased to hear about your positive experiences when having to visit both King George Hospital and Queen’s Hospital. It is lovely to hear that all the staff you have been treated by did so in such a caring manner. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences and I hope you are recovering well.

sb56 reviewed Queen's Hospital

I get very well looked after here by the doctor who is always pleasant and...

I get very well looked after here by the doctor who is always pleasant and caring, despite clearly being under immense pressure. It is a painful treatment, so this is always appreciated!
I would like to commend the doctor and the staff.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Queen's Hospital replied on 14 September 2016

I am very pleased to hear about your positive experience, it is lovely to hear that all the staff that treated you did so in such a caring manner. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I am unable to tell from your comment which department or Doctor your comment relates too. It would be wonderful if you could contact our PALS department on 01708 435 454 or by email at PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk, to provide more details so that we can ensure your comments are passed on to the people that made such a difference to you.

Chris Nugent gave Oncology - Clinical at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care & consideration

I wish to compliment the staff of the Sunflower Suite / Oncology at Queen's Hospital. For 5 years we have been visiting Oncology and have had the highest opinion of everyone working in that general department. Recently, my husband has had procedures done in the Sunflower Suite as a day-patient and I cannot praise highly enough the care and consideration both he and I (as carer) have received there. Our nurses could not do more to make him feel comfortable and cared for. Even the volunteer tea staff made a fuss of us - and I noticed that all the other patients and carers in the ward got similar concern for their comfort and needs. This particular Department, it's staff and volunteers demonstrate the way a hospital should be run. They are good at their jobs, they pay attention to their patients, they work really hard and are always on the run. I am sure they are understaffed as the department is always busy - but their patients are not made to feel like numbers. We are all treated as individuals with needs and worries and are given respect, care and consideration. Please pass this back to Oncology/Radiology/Sunflower Suite as these very hard-working people need to know that they and their efforts are truly appreciated.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 07 September 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 20 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the wonderful care and treatment your husband has received, from our Sunflower Suite at Queen’s Hospital. I am delighted to hear how our nurses and volunteers have made both you and your husband feel so comfortable during your visits. It is wonderful that you are always shown such respect and consideration and I trust that our staff will continue to provide such wonderful care to others. I will ensure your lovely comments are passed on to the Divisional Nurse for this area for her to share with her staff.

Roomy408 reviewed Queen's Hospital

eye operation

I had blepharoplasty surgery at Queens Hospital in Romford carried out by Mr J Chawla.
I would just like to say that the care and attention that I received from Mr Chawla was excellent I am so pleased with the outcome of my operation as my eyelids were quite bad but now they look great. He puts his patients at ease and listen to what you have to say I would thoroughly recommend Mr Chawla excellent surgeon.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 08 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Queen's Hospital replied on 20 September 2016

I’m delighted to hear about your experience, and thank you for taking the time to comment on your care. It’s wonderful to know that Mr Chawla treated you so well and that you are pleased with the outcome of your surgery. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto him.

jim gave Respiratory Medicine at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

visit to x-ray

It was the first time ,I asked for help to my appointment for which an ambulance was sent as my breathing needs oxygen ,I cannot praise the service enough putting a wheel chair at my disposal , pushing me to x-ray,where the staff were outstanding taking me back to ambulance station for the return home .

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 September 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 22 September 2016

Thank you for your comment. It is wonderful to hear that your first experience of using our hospital transport service was a good one, and that the staff you encountered were outstanding. We will ensure that your thanks are passed on to the staff. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment.

alwaysamother reviewed Queen's Hospital

visiting out of hours

My daughter suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage and was taken to Sahara B ward at Queens Hospital Romford. It was a terrifying experience both for her and for us as a family and we were correspondingly deeply grateful for the professionalism and expertise of the staff on that high-dependency ward. We knew she was in good hands but emotionally we needed to be with her and I think she felt the same. It was hard for me to be there during the day as I have caring responsibilities for my 92 year old mother with dementia. I was so glad to be welcomed by the Sahara B staff to come late at night, out of official visiting hours, and sit quietly with my daughter. It kept me going through that period of acute anxiety and helped her to settle through the long night. She's at home now, making a wonderful recovery. The staff were also very helpful & informative when I rang in during the day and never made me feel I was a nuisance. I'd like to thank them for their understanding attitudes as well as their professional skills.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.