Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Tayyaba gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Play workers.

My son was admitted to tropical lagoon for infected tonsillitis problem. Every thing was really nice, doctors were very competitive and supportive and nurses were very good who really looked after my son in a good way. The only thing which bothered me were play workers who were keeping involved only one or two children out of 4 in different activities while others are neglected. My son felt left out. He is only 6 and he tried to get involved but he was bieng refused very nicely and gently. First day the play worker said OK u can come and do painting after i tidy up the mess. And the play worker never called him back. The other day again my son asked to have some thing to paint play workers were giving other two children some cardboards and painting stuff. That play worker said ok i'll get some for you and they never came back. Then the play workers took those kids to sensory room my son followed them. But he was asked to ho back to his mum. I was really disappointed with this behavior. I'm really confused why were they doing so? That play worker was even playing with even that patient's sister who came to visit his little brother. Why were they avoiding my son?

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 February 2017

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Never will I go to the a&e again!!!!!

Went to a&e waited for 5 hours. During the waiting time we had drunken men urinating over the floor, people in real bad pain left in the waiting room requesting pain killers and waiting over 2 hours for them. Finally see the doctor and they said they were waiting for my blood test results but I didn't even have a blood test done!! They left me without knowing what was going on. The waiting are smelt very very bad, there was spilt drinks all over the floor. It was filthy! Couldn't even use the toilet. Never would I recommend anyone to use this a&e specially if your in pain and need pain relief. The receptionist in the major lite was very rude, ignored patients and didn't even acknowledge then when waiting at the desk. bad hospital. No care at all. When you arrive you see a doctor I. The waiting room, no privacy at all! No screen nothings jus purely In the waiting room!!!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Bill G gave Urology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I am now two and a half years post op for radical prostatectomy followed by radiotherapy. My initial consultation was with the consultant 'SG' - and while frightened by the high degree of cancer diagnosis (as proven on biopsies) - I felt in safe hands. My MRI scan and surgery revealed the cancer to be more invasive than first thought. I feel privileged and very grateful for the expertise of all involved. Today I attended my six monthly follow up - two and a half years following surgery, my results are normal and I continue on follow-up. All the doctors and nurses in the clinic are helpful and try to reduce anxiety.Clinic delays are acceptable as far as I am concerned as all the patients need varying times with the doctor - and this cannot be foreseen before the consultation. I am happy to wait - can always read the paper. Thank you for being there for me.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

Habeel Khaliq gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting Service.

I have been coming here for Orthodonist appointments for the last 2/3 years and the service has always been good, always updated or given an appointment without no issues. Recently, the service has been shocking, I have been given an appointment for 10:30am and I arrive 10 mins early, no one updates you or anything yet im still waiting 2 hours later for someone to tell me they're behind schedule and they will see you soon, bearing in mind I have work so they made me late for this too, this is the 2nd time back to back this has happened, absolutely fuming. Shocking service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Our first visit to this hospital we went to the nuclear medicine dept and the staff there were so caring and attentive we couldnt have wished for more.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Great patient care. No TV or stairs & parking not so good

Can't fault the care given to my mother in law both on arrival in A&E with a stroke then 3 weeks in Harvest B ward. She was treated with care and respect even when she was less than appreciative at times! On the downside:
Why would you build a hospital with no public access to the stairs? We often waited a long time to get up and down to the 4th floor, an added irritation especially when like today there was only one lift working.
No TV/radio for the patients, time really dragged for MiL with no entertainment.
Car parking was difficult at times and expensive.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 February 2017

Sophia reviewed Neurology at Queen's Hospital

Rude, unprofessional neurologist, ineffective PALS service

There are couple of good things about this hospital. Firstly the nurses tell you if your appointment will be late and even give you buzzers so you can pop off for a while. Also the toilets and public areas are clean and seem well organised.

However, the attitude of the neurologist during my recent appointment was inappropriate and unprofessional. they were dismissimive, haughty, rude and abrupt. Before I even sat down I picked up on their manner. The neurologist completed a cursory 'examination' which involved them tapping on my feet and examining my eyes. They told me that I shouldn't be looking for symptoms but rather I should focus on 'signs' of a disease. When I asked them to elaborate they told me abruptly they wouldn't. If anyone else understands what they meant please let me know!!!

The consultant refused to record my symptoms, told me that I was suffering from CFS created by anxiety and then told me they had other patients to see. I felt belittled and that I had just had a thorough ticking off as if I were at school! Obviously a breed of doctor who sees themself as omnipotent and that they're the only one who can have a say in diagnosing what the problem is in the ten minutes I was in their room. It was actually the doctors from the A&E department who referred me to a neurologist as BOTH of them, after a thorough examination, felt there was something not quite right. The consultant must have felt that they knew bettter than them even though they took no blood tests, gave me no proper examination, advice or any other types of tests.

Do these doctors feel threatened by those who have opinions about what could be going wrong with our own health? Are budgetary concerns their main motivations in trying to make us believe we are fantasists? I told my GPS a long time ago I had an autoimmune condition but it took an almighty struggle just to get them to send me in the first instance to an endocrinologist. Last month I was diagnosed as autoimmune - 6 years later! Is it any wonder that we take matters into our own hands and we go online to seek help. In the absence of any real medical care, that's all we have.

Anyway I complained to PALS immediately after I left the room but again I was left feeling that they weren't interested. They do not know how to advise about correct procedures for complaining. I was promised that a line manager would be contacting me about my comments but that hasn't happened. My next steps are to view the records for that appointment and make sure my symptoms are recorded. I will then be saving to have the blood tests and scan done privately. If the results show anything serious I will be contacting Health Watch and sending the bill for the investigations to the NHS.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Amazing doctors but nurses and care assistants terrible

During a previous stay that lasted a week as I had spine surgery the nurses and care assistants were terrible with care. They left me soaked in urine on 3 separate occasions and even tried to tell me off when I was constipated and had to go to the toilet a few times. Several times throughout the night I asked for a cup of tea but never received one. The care assistants never spoke to me or smiled when they came to change my sheets. It was terrible being treated like an object and not a person, they handled me very roughly post surgery and did not care to be polite once.

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Queens hospital sexual Heath reception

I live local so have been to queens several times however I visited queens hospital sexual Heath clinic and the receptionist was extremely rude. As a young girl I was made to feel uncomfortable and looked down upon and have highly disappointed. I arrived on time and I was asked 'what am I here for' rudely then they told me to come back in an hour I then came back and received the same response. The nurse however was absolutely lovely.

Ronald Geggus reviewed Ophthalmology at Queen's Hospital

to commend Nurse (Eye Department)

My name is Ronald Geggus, 90 years old (.DOB 12 July 1926)
I had an appointment with the Eye Dept. today, 10th Feb 2017 -being referred by my GP due to suspicion of Glaucoma.
I was very satisfied with the excellent check up by Nurse. They showed extreme personal concern, caring and the check up was very thorough before they referred me to the Eye Consultant.