Queen's Hospital

Telephone: 01708 435000
Address: Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG
Website: http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy appointment

Procedure not as bad as I had read . Staff in clinical diagnostic unit made today a lot less stressful . They were informative , pleasant , caring and reassuring to both myself and my wife. They kept us waiting no longer than necessary and fully informed throughout. Thank you very much to all in this department.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014

Irena gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thanks to the midwife and all the staff

I can recommend this hospital to friends and family. The midwife did a great job during the delivery and taking care of the baby. Thanks

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 10 December 2014

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Busola Akinmolasire gave General Surgery at Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Day surgery post op care

I came in as a day stay patient on the 15th December and (I am a qualified nurse by background) I felt in the recovery area I was man handled and I only woke up because of how rough the staff was being, nor was I referred to my name. I also remember that when I was being changed the curtains were not closed for dignity. When I was transferred back to the day staff unit, the anaesthesist I heard referring to my bmi saying it was border line at 44 for day stay unit, firstly my bmi was checked the week before and it was 40 and secondly I felt highly embarrassed about her saying this in front of a family member and this had no bearing on my recovery whatsoever. As I have nursed larger patients than myself and I know I am a big lady but I thought that was inappropriate to say. The care that staff nurse gave was good however my nurse call bell was not given to me on return to the ward and I was lucky a member of my family was with me at the time. When I was transferred to the recovery ward as I needed to stay over night, was the worst part of the stay. Firstly the nurse looking after me gave me cocodamol because she said my temperature was 37.5. However during the course of the night the sho stated that was not prescribed on my drug part and I heard the nurse say to the the doctor she took the medication to give to me from my tta medication. The sho (gynae) stated that I had paracetamol at 7.10 and there is no mention about any cocodamol, which I know and insisted I had because the nurse wanted to give me ibuprofen in which I said I had previously had been taking mefenamic acid but did not on the day of the operation that could she ask the doctor if I could take the ibuprofen. She never came back to me with what the doctor said about that. Going back to the cocodamol incident the reason I brought it up was because I am not sure what time she gave it to me but it was certainly given before that 4 hour window as the doctor came to see me at 11 something and I had been given the paracetamol a while before she came to see me. When I informed the doctor about this she simply stated she was the on call doctor and they were investigating it. Which made me think they were covering up something. I also stated to the staff nurse that before the operation, I had a tingly throat and sometimes come down with tonsillitis, I had told the anaesthetist this before the operation. The nurse at first tried to tell me this was not prescribed on the chart that she could not give this to me and then I said could she ask the doctor. When the gynae doctor came back to take my bloods I asked if I could have the difflam but the nurse later on said that the doctor told Her that she was not an ENT doctor and would not prescribe the difflam, I then asked for hot salty water to gargle on.There was a period my bp was high 170/103 I believe in which I said to staff nurse joy could that be because I am in pain, she then said I did not tell her I was in pain but I did

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 17 December 2014

Bill Hales gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

In and Out in Half an Hour

9.10am Outpatients Team 3 appointment for broken ankle follow up.
9.20am Booked into XRay Dept.
9.35am Back with Consultant who says ankle is doing well.
9.40am Out the door. Unbelievable and I commended the Team on their timing.
Unfortunately it took 1hr 45 mins to get a blood test but I would normally go to a local clinic for that, so well done Queens this time.
Tomorrow going back for a colonoscopy, will let you know.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 19 December 2014

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Staff may need to re think their vocation

We visited queens accident and emergency department on 5/11/14.
We were seen to quickly, but the triage nurses level of care was absolutely disgusting, in fact, there was no level of care, quite simply for the fact that she made it clear she didn't give a damn how my husband felt that day.
He went in with severe abdominal pain and was instructed by his doctor to attend a and e.
He looked dreadful, could barely stand with pain and her response 'what do you want me to do?'
My response, 'your a hospital, maybe try offering him some treatment', find out why he is in this incredible pain.
She was totally disrespectful to my husband that day and if left down to her, she would have sent him home and he would've deteriorated fast, potentially ending up in intensive care, as he had a perforated bowel in several places and severe infection which had been left for weeks, due to being sent home by queens on three occasions.
I wouldn't like to think what could've have happened to him at the hands of this uncaring woman. She basically laughed at us.
Absolutely disgusting.
I contacted pals via a survey with my phone number on and they didn't even have the courtesy to contact me regarding this.
So, no, I would not recommend this hospital.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 08 December 2014

kimberleykabooze gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit 16.11.2014

I had to go into the day surgery unit yesterday to have a hysteroscopy & endometrial biopsy and I must say my stay and care was excellent I was really nervous but from the minute I got on the unit all the staff made me feel at ease very caring and friendly my doctor explained everything to me and so did the anesthetist and when I went to theatre the nurses were so kind making me laugh and holding my hand because they knew I was scared when I came round I had a nice cup of tea then the doctor came back and explained everything that he had done thankfully I had a good result and don't need any more treatment everything was nice and clean on the unit and I cant thank the staff enough for my care

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 17 November 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 04 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on NHS Choices. It is great to hear that our staff supported you throughout your experience when you felt scared and that you thought the care was excellent. Our staff work very hard to ensure the care we give is second to none and I will enjoy passing on your feedback to them.

Medical Director

jon gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

thank you to all staff on clemitine A

What I liked

I spent a month on clemitine A and thank all the staff for my care during this time , helpful and dignity

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 24 November 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 04 December 2014

Thank you for leaving your comment on NHS Choices. I am pleased that you found our helpful and that they treated you with dignity. Our staff work very hard and I will be very happy to pass on your comment to them.

Flo Panel-Coates
Chief Nurse

evett L gave Ophthalmology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Clinics shutting early?

My daughter has an eye infection of some kind.
She first tried her Gp who coudlnt offer an appointment. so yesterday we went to Upney lane walk in centre ..which has a Moorfields eye unit attached to it ..only to be told that they couldnt help (its Moorefelds for good sake) and that we should attend Queens Romford. Today we went to Queens understanding that the clinic finishes as 3.30, due yto work commitments we arrived at 2.15 pm. A nurse told us to wait outside a door.
After 30 mins (2.45, out comes the same nurse to advise us (even though there was another 45 mins of clinic time left ) that they couldnt see any more patients today. Why make us wait for 30 mins to be told that in the first place?
I,m disgusted by the NHS who push you from place to place, stop clinc times when they feel like it and top of that suggest that our only option is to attend Moorfields London emergency. NHS are so hopeless!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 25 November 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 04 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am sorry that you were not able to see anyone in our eye clinic. I would like to investigate this further and in order to do so I need more information. Please contact me via our PALS team on 01708 435 454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk so I can do this.

Medical Director

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Maxillofacial

I had reason to attend Queens Hospital, for a procedure in the Maxillofacial dept. My Consultant made me feel at ease from our very first meeting always taking
time to make me feel like a person with a problem instead of a number with a problem. the consultant also had time to listen to my concerns about the operation and reassured me that he had done this operation before, always in a warm friendly and professional manner.
The consultant and his team of doctors and nursing staff were excellent.
I must also add the night and day staff on the recovery ward were also hard working
caring people who took time to make sure that my short stay was comfortable as possible.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 25 November 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 04 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your care. I am pleased that the consultant that saw you was reassuring and professional, and that all the staff you encountered worked hard to ensure you were comfortable during your time with us. Our staff work hard to provide the best care possible and I will happily share your comments with them.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful service.

Had an ear surgery and was a dreadful experience. The doctor who did the surgery was good but had a bad experience in the following week. Never received any confirmation for follow-up appointment and when I went to A and E to get my infected ear checked, I was told that I will be given a call in a day or so to be seen by the doc who performed the surgery but it's been 3 weeks, still waiting for the call or letter. Really disappointed. ..

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 28 November 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 11 December 2014

Thank you for leaving your comment on NHS Choices. I am sorry that no one has been in touch with you since you had surgery on your ear. It is not acceptable that there has been no follow up after you were told you would be contacted the next day. I am concerned about this and would like to be able to investigate further. Please contact me via our PALS team on 01708 435 454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk so I am able to look into this for you.