Want to help us improve NHS Choices?

Find out more and sign up to our user research panel

Queen's Hospital

Telephone: 01708 435000
Address: Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG
Website: http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient, polite and respectful staff

My 95 year old mother was admitted to Queens hospital late at night on Wednesday 1st July suffering from dehydration. The hospital was clean and the ward well-maintained and decorated. The staff were polite and treated my mother with dignity. They were also very helpful to family members present. Overall an experience that could have been traumatic for all of us was stress-free because of the professionalism of the hospital staff.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 03 July 2015

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

nova sure ablation 06/07/2015

Yesterday i received Nova Sure ablation, i must admit that i was a worried, the consultant had not given me this option when i originally saw them last year when i had an Hysteroscopy and when i mentioned it to them i was told the cons of this procedure and given a leaflet, the choice was mine! At the time i did not feel much confidence in my consultant, i turned to the internet that made matters worse, i was terrified. However, having had surgery yesterday my opinion has changed the staff at your hospital are fantastic and that goes for the Consultant and their staff also thankyou for your care.
(Although having trouble contacting the gyne. today.)

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 07 July 2015

F M B gave Colorectal cancer services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Small but useful improvements in admin required

Patient at endoscopy unit. Nurse rang a friend to pick me up after procedure of sigmoidoscopy. The nurse said I was ready to be collected and my friend said she would be there in 15mims. Nurse said this was fine. Friend rang another person to drop her to Queens. Both people left their lunches as they were told the patient was ready.
The driver parked the car near the hospital entrance while the other person went to collect the patient.
However patient was not in the waiting room so obviously was not ready to be sent home. There was no one to ask at reception so she waited. She eventually asked a nurse who said they would tell them there was someone to collect the patient and she waited. After 20minutes, as her mobile phone did not work in the hospital ( very irritating ) she could not text so had to walk back to the car park to inform the driver. On her return she asked again and was told by the clerk, when she pointed out that she had now waited 30mins, ...'Oh they do them in batches' How exactly would my friend know this! If you are told that someone is ready for collection then they should be. What if there was a taxi waiting outside for them?
This lack of attention to detail is unfortunately noticeable in other areas ie letters with incorrect information.
It is such a shame as I really believe Queens has turned a corner. It seems cleaner and becoming far more professional. All the staff, especially in the endoscopy unit, have been charming. Just cross the t s and dot the i s please. It makes a good experience an excellent one.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 05 July 2015

JAH gave Pain Management at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Out patient visit

I visited out patients dept (pain management clinic) and was so impressed with my visit. All staff both admin and nurses were so lovely. The clinic was running late and I was constantly updated and apologies offered. I saw a doctor and then understood why they were running behind schedule; they actually sit and listen to you and gives you the time that you actually need. I am so pleased that I got referred here.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

michelle fogg gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cornflower B ward

I was brought in as an emergency for heavy bleeding after a cone biopsy, which I had privately.
From the theatre staff, doctors and all the nurses that looked after me for three days on cornflower b ward they were amazing.
Even the lovely caring person who brought round the food and cheered up the patients.
The staff are so busy and at times understaffed but this never effected how they cared for all the ladies.
The only complaint would be the cleaners need to be round the wards more, at times it really needed a clean.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 11 July 2015

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Close this hospital down

Over heared staff calling me a foreigner because i have tanned skin and a bad infection and judged because i have children - im discusted. I was born and bred in this country and i pay my taxes - been here dor a week, came in and weighed 9stone 8 and now im 7stone 8 ....... Make your own jusgement

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 12 July 2015

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

So much good attention on the NHS

Went from pillar to post today having tests, and every time was accompanied by a member of staff to smooth the way. Top notch service, felt they were all experts, and very understanding. Oncology always top notch, but this was ultrasounds, bloods, CT scans and etc. Very thankful for such good service.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 23 July 2015

Anonymous gave Urology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unimpressed with uro-oncology support

At an outpatient appointment I asked the cancer nurse specialist present to check that a colleague had cancelled an appointment, and to find out what had happened to the blood test form their colleague had said they would send two weeks previously. This was a week ago. I have heard nothing from either the original nurse specialist or the member of staff I spoke to at the appointment.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 28 July 2015

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 2 stars

disappointed doesnt cover it

Myself and my son attended the hospital 06/07/2015 for a EEG, we was assured that the results would be sent to my sons consultant within 2 weeks of the above date, I have called his consultant today to get the results of the EEG only to be told that this has not been received, that they are unable to give a time scale as it has to be sent to them by your hospital, I have then called the number provided on the appointment letter to ask for a update as to when the results with be sent over as my son is only 13 months old and as a family we are very concerned about him due to the increasing frequency of the episodes he is having to be told again that they will speak to the consultant who needs to read his EEG but that no time scale can be given, I would also add that at no point was I ask for a contact number either so there is no intention of getting back to me either.This is the first time that we have attended Queens and to say that this has been a very stressful and disappointing experience is an understatement.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 28 July 2015

Anonymous gave Oncology - Clinical at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

breast cancer

thank you to consultants,nurses radiotherapy staff, lab staff and all other staff behind the scenes for very prompt service and lovely care

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015