Check here for alerts

Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Henry gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

Initially went to a walk in centre but there was a 4 1/2 wait and I thought I night be referred to a hospital. Went to Queens and got parked easily which was a surprise. Went to A&E checked in quickly. Eventually saw triage nurse who took all details and arranged for blood and urine tests. Was then seen by a doctor who examined me and sent me fit CT scan. A discussion with his colleagues first I was to be admitted and then change of plan. I was given UV antibiotics and told an appointment would be made for me to come back in week. I can not thanj the doctors and nurses enough for their kindness and attention. It just a shame that we have to have security guards in a hospital, but that's not the hospitals fault just some of the patients and their families and friends

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 04 December 2016

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Total lack of care, hectic organisation

I am quite surprised at the lack of care I received during my first visit to this hospital last month. I have been having some serious problems with my health,particularly in the last month. Firstly I found the triage nurse too fast and furious and although polite, totally unsympathetic. There was no care or concern. I was then passed on to two more friendly doctors, who after examination,referred me to a neurologist. I was told I would receive a letter in 1/2 weeks. After this time my treatment went downhill as I was passed on to an ambulatory service and given three names of people to contact. One of them didn't reply, the other informed me that none of them now work in this capacity and the last person rang me at the 11 th hour after I had been calling all day. They were also curt and so I gave up at that point. PALS emailed me last week to inform me that I wouldn't receive an appointment anytime soon. There was no indication of an approximate timescale and they have ignored subsequent emails. I am unable to go to work as I fainted the last time I went in. I am on 80% liquids as I can't swallow and I am not stable on my feet. What state do you need to be in to get treatment? Do they need to see further deterioration?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 05 December 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Candi gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Avoid the worst experience

Firstly i waiting an hour to park as carpark as it was full. Then as i entered a&e department to be faced with the stench of vomit and tiny waiting rooms forcing people to be inyour personal space. I came in with ruptured cyst in womb and left the same way. The staff are very rude and more interested in talking then helping patients. The doctor i saw also wrote the wrong information on sheet for gyn ward which caused me to wait anoter 4 hours ontop of the 8 hours all in all to be seen . When speaking to nurses about pain/waiting time one even suggesed i leave! Feel the people working here that i interacted with and saw didnt know what they were doing. Also where the hospital was so rubbish its seemed they lacked the motivation to do there job.i understand why this is the worst hospital in the country as it lived up to that title. Also there was no order at the hospital as people who came after me were being seen before me. Dissapointment would be an understatment . Also someones was being sick infront of me and no one thought to give her a bucket or clean it up. And doctors/nurses walked right passed unfazed. No empathy for patient. Please if you care for your wellbeing dont even come to this hospital as you will have a shock of your life!! Last but not least take a gps and comfi shoes as its like a trial to find where you need to go and alot of walking. I wouldnt even rare this hospital one star.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 23 November 2016

feelingblessed reviewed Queen's Hospital

Feeling thankful for excellent care

I had a suspected stroke and my daughter called 999. We had help within 5 mins from paramedics and the ambulance arrive within 15 minutes. This was brilliant, I was tested at the scene and advised we needed to go to Queens Stroke Unit. The crew were very professional, excellent and I was kept informed. Even about the siren being switched on. They called ahead to A&E to avoid waiting and got straight to the Stroke Unit in under 10 mins because all of the prep had been done. Ian (nurse) was brilliant. I was assessed straight away, CT scan done. Ian is out of this world in the way he conducted the whole thing.
I was admitted for 24 hours monitoring, staff were just brilliant. I could see NHS under pressure. I was monitored through the night and all the staff were good,
Treatment worked, seen by doctor who were obviously rushed but I think the service is world class and we should be proud of them.
I spoke to some staff and they are doing 12 hour shifts and they were brilliant and we should be commending them.
Staff nurse Katherine dealt with patients so nicely, explained everything all the way through to discharge.
Nothing but good things to say and my heart goes out all the people on the coalface doing such a brilliant job
Auxiliary nurses Luca, Raman, these guys are so experienced very very kind and also Benny.
Ian was genuinely brilliant, so busy but really cared and knew all about me at all times.
Doctors were excellent too. I saw firsthand how much the staff were under pressure and did a brilliant job.
Read in the papers that everything is going downhill. Rewards, more staff and more recognition is needed.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 17 November 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Josephine gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care in Children's A&E

On Thursday evening 17/11/2017 I rushed my 5 year old son to A&E due to breathing dificulties due to croup. We we were rushed straight through and treated immediately. I cannot thank the 2 receptionists in general A&E and all the fantastic staff in children's A&E enough.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

I'm extremely disappointed with the sub fertility unit. Every time I've asked for a repeat prescription, it's never been done. Or when I book an appointment, they cancel it without notifying me. I take time out of work to come to my appointment, yet to be told it's been cancelled. Some of the staff are really helpful but there's a few which have shocked me with their un professionalism! Furthermore, when asking for a late appointment due to work commitments, I've been told they can only give me the next available. For the above reasons, I would not recommend the Subfrrtility unit at Queens.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Trying to make an appointment during opening hours

I have wasted more time today trying to make an appointment. I get an answerphone message advising of opening times. It goes on to tell me not to leave a message and the line goes dead. Don't know what to do. You won't accept my review unless I complete information about my visit. I can't get an appointment so I have had to make it up Inlcuding the date of my non-existant visit!!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 25 November 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Attitude of staff

In the waiting room of majors lite a nurse came to me and said "you don't look ill, do you need that wheelchair?" I have advanced cancer with bone and lung mets, I have been vomiting black blood, I am unable to walk - what do you think? I was sitting with a sick bowl on my lap, hunched over and coughing. They could not have been more insensitive.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 28 November 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Why won't they answer their phones?

It's really frustrating having a family member as a patient in Romford Hospital. The staff won't answer their phones, leaving other family members in the dark about treatment and likely discharge time.Total lack of communication. Shame.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 28 November 2016

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Queens Hostpital ocean a ward

I was a patient in ocean a at queens and it's nice to hear that anouther patient had good care. Myself I was on ocean a ward for two weeks and come out of there no better. I found the doctors having diff opinions about my care to the point that they lied and told me one thing and did anouther. Now I'm having to see a private consultant to try and sort out mess they left me in. So no I do not think ocean a is worth 5 stars.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016