Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

jon reviewed Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital

No dignity in A & E

I went to A & E on a Monday, I found no dignity or respect will they ever learn. They were willing to argue with a sick person. Don't learn from complaints, asked for second opinion as was not happy with doctor, was told to go to a different hospital.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 12 August 2016

Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding our Emergency Department at Queen’s hospital, I am sorry to hear the concerns that you have raised. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be happy to assist you in any way they can to try to resolve your concerns. The PALS team can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

I had a 3.20pm appointment with Team 1 Fracture Clinic yesterday, 2nd August. I arrived early for my appointment which was not a problem to me. I finally saw a doctor at 5.55pm! It was a long wait in a corridor with many other patients who were quite patient considering we had all been waiting at least 2 and a half hours for our appointment. There must be a better system than this. All the staff were very nice and courteous throughout and apologised to many of the patients for the delay.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 03 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 18 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience in our Fracture Clinic. Please accept my apologises for the delay you experienced on that day, if you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be happy to assist you in any way they can to try to resolve your concerns. I am however pleased to hear that whilst you were in the clinic the staff were courteous and apologised for the delay. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the team, so that they are aware. Should you want to contact the PALS team they can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Angry daughter gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Angry patient

I have never been so ashamed of anything in my life the care that my mum got while in hospital was really beyond a joke she was left in a wet and dirty bed for hours when they know she was.being discharged two days before and going into a care home she was still waiting for her medicine at 7 at night I would not send anyone to queens hospital and yes we are putting in a complaint

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 04 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 12 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of yours and your mother’s experience, I was very sorry to read the concerns that you raised. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be happy to assist you in any way they can to try to resolve your concerns. The PALS team can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Medical Director

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Queen's hospital

to start of with to went to King George Hospital as sent by gp 15 min I was seen by a nurse 45 min later by doctor who sent me to Queen's Hospital at 8 am I only had 2 people in front of me I had letter to hand the doctor from K.G.H 30min later nurse came over to had a look at the letter and then sent me over to the doctor 2 hours latter I had not seen any doctor I ask a nurse how long to go before I get seen to a doctor came and said it could be 4 more hours before getting seen to what would make it over 6 hours I would not recommend this hospital to any one .

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 06 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 12 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear the delay you encountered when visiting out Emergency Department Queen’s Hospital. Unfortunately, we are not able to determine how many patients are going to access our Emergency Department on any one day and patients that do access the service are triaged based on their clinical need, which can sometimes result in a patients waiting longer than we would like. If however, you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our PALS team on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Yesterday I had a gynaecological operation

Yesterday I had a gynaecological operation at Queens hospital romford. I was extremely pleased with how professionally I was treated. Also, how well they explained what the surgeons will do in surgery. They looked after me very well in both the theatre and the day clinic ward.Thank you all the staff who looked after me in the day clinic and theater on Sunday 7th August from 7:30am till 18:30pm from maria

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 08 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 19 August 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding the care you received by our Gynaecology Team at Queen’s Hospital. It is great to hear how professional everyone was and how well you were looked after during this time. Your kind feedback will be passed on to the divisional nurse for this area so that she can show her staff. Once again thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Chief Nurse

Came out worse than when i went in

I went to hospital with two slipped discs unable to stand up in agony, they told me it would be up to a 5 hour wait and they couldn't get me a bed while i waited. I was forced to go home as a&e made my condition worse despite being referred urgently to a & e by my GP.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 08 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 19 August 2016

I am sorry to read of your comments regarding your visit to our Emergency Department at Queen’s Hospital. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will be happy to look into them further for you. Please contact them on 01708 435 454, or by email at PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Nadeem Moghal

stuart gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Maternity Care

We had to go to the HD unit at the labour ward, the care provided by the staff was outstanding - everyone worked to make us feel as comfortable as possible, the snowdrop room helped us recover from the experience and everyone in the hospital was incredibly kind and supportive, from the midwives (amazing) and clinicians, right through to the security officers and people working in cafes and coffee shop. Huge thank you to everyone at Queens.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 19 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the care you received on the labour ward. It is wonderful to hear that all of our staff from shop staff right through to our midwives and clinicians, were so kind and supportive. The team try to ensure that patients receive the best possible experience and I am pleased that this was experienced by you. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to Maternity Team.

Andrew Ratajczak gave Dermatology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and friendly service from dermatology

Referred to dermatology by GP. Expected to wait up to 2 months (GPs estimate), but contacted within a matter of days for initial consultation. All very efficient and seen on time at an evening clinic, which was very convenient, especially when working full time. Minor surgery then booked for the following week, much to my surprise. Impressive turnaround times! Had minor surgery today with no waiting and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. I have nothing but praise for Queens. They have repeatedly served me extremely well.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 16 August 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 19 August 2016

I’m delighted to hear about your experience and the quick turnaround following your referral to our Dermatology Department. It is wonderful to hear that our staff were pleasant and helpful during this time. Your kind feedback will be passed on to the divisional nurse for this area so that she can show her staff. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Anonymous reviewed Rheumatology at Queen's Hospital

Rhematology

So far so good im a 25 female patient. The treatment ive received so far I cannot fault. When I was first diagnosed with this illness I was shocked and did not take it well. Nothing prepared me for the pain I had coming it's knocked me for 6. With the treatment so I far I have struggled but tbags trail and error and getting the balance right had 2 injections so far so its getting slightly more managble but when I do contact the nurse helpline they are so helpfully and understanding had a flare up last week called and fitted me in today for my steriod injection.so cannot complain hopefully this continues in the future.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 18 August 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Angela1951 gave Haematology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Blood test

I have been ringing and ringing to try and get results, no one is picking up the phone, ask the poor receptionists they tried to put me though so many times,mi then asked for pals and boom, straight onto answerphone, all I would like when I'm feeling so unwell is the results of my blood test, is it too much to ask?

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 August 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.