Queen's Hospital

Telephone: 01708 435000
Address: Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG
Website: http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk

Madman gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst emergency service done by an hospital

On 01 October of 2014 my girlfriend get in this hospital at 12 am, with pain on chest and back, without conditions to stand she ask for a bed to lay down, while waiting for a doctor to be attended and that bed was rejected. Because they said that they don't have any bed for her, but we see there was so many beds not occupied, and she have to wait in a room without condition for her problem. And no one care about that situation. We have been waiting until 8 am for any kind of conditions for her and nothing happens. And she have to wait in miserable conditions to be attended in a waiting room.

For us, it was the worst hospital operating with our taxs!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 01 October 2014

anandadasgupta gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and attention

Excellent care and attention to details from Reception to Day Surgery admission to OT to Recovery and discharge, simply top class.I am most grateful to all staff including the Theatre staff, and my Consultant and doctor.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 27 September 2014

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Really not as scary as I thought it would be!

Undoubtedly a very busy clinic, but there is ample opportunity to book an appointment in advance if necessary. Staff are very polite and friendly at the reception area and the nurses are very easy to talk and down-to-earth, plus they provide a very good service.
The staff made the experience as comfortable as they could considering the nature of the visit.

Dawn Dickinson gave Dermatology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Melanoma

I was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma in September 2013 and have had more appointments than I care to remember with both Dermatology and Maxillo Facial Departments since. I have had nothing but great support and care shown. Yes, maybe the clinics run late but I do not worry - someone may be getting the bad news that I did. I am reviewed every 3 months and will be for 5 years. My CNS speak to me regularly. The staff are amazing

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Dawn Dickinson gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

After being diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma on the side of my head in September 2013, the care from the surgeons has been truly amazing. From diagnosis to major & reconstruction surgery the surgeon has been nothing but caring, concerned and wonderful, they are a truly magical surgeon, I looked like Frankenstein when surgery had finished and I now look 'normal'. Such a great team!

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 2 stars

outpatient after care

I went back for the results of my colonoscopy last week. When I got there the doctor I was to see was running an hour behind. When I got in to see him he apologised for the delay and explained that he only gets 2 - 3 minutes per patient. By the time I had sat down it was time to get up, if he had kept to his time. He told me my results, explained a few things to me and answered all my questions and concerns, brilliant . Luckily mine was good news I would have hated to have had bad news and been with a doctor that had kept to his 2-3 minute time slot! disgusting.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 30 September 2014

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

women's outpatients

Had 2 appointments at Queens, the first for a routine smear. Dealt with politely in a very clean environment. All staff seemed happy to be helpful, no waiting time, excellent service.
As a result of a problem being found I had a further appointment at women's outpatients today. I found all the parts of the hospital clean, all the staff very friendly and helpful.I have been informed in detail of the problem and as well as making me feel completely at ease during the Colposcopy the nurse made a further appointment, ensuring that the date and time suited me. I am very grateful for the treatment I have had so far, the only criticism I could possibly make is the parking. I would be happy to park in a surface car park and walk any distance, but all surface spaces are for disabled only, and the multi storey had queues on both occasions.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 30 September 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Would rather pay to go private than here!

After having an examination and blood test on Thursday, i was told to have a scan on the following monday at 11.30. After a quick scan i was told to go to have a review. I waited until 2.30pm when i asked approximately how long the wait would be. They responded 3 people in front of me. At 4.45 i asked again, they then responded 3 people in front of me! After being seen at 6pm all i was told was that they would give me a report to send to my GP!

After all that time I was told nothing substantial, with an obnoxious doctor. They have no time management skills or organisation. Could they not have sent the report anyway? No mention of blood test results. After i have some questioning and explaining i presumed she hadn't read my notes. Everything the previous doctor had told me they would check nothing was resolved!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 01 September 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 12 September 2014

Thank you for leaving your comment on NHS Choices. I am sorry that you had to wait so long to have a review following your scan. Our hospital is busy but this is no excuse for such a long wait and for staff giving you unhelpful information. I am sorry that you felt the doctor had no time management skills or organisation and that there appears to have been a misunderstanding over your blood test results and notes. This is not acceptable and I need to investigate. In order to do so, I need further details. Please contact me via our PALS team on 01708 435 454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk so I am able to investigate this for you.

Stephen Burgess

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Very good care

Just spent 2 nights in Queens after being admitted as an emergency. I found all the staff very caring and friendly. The ward was bright and clean. The food isn't great but everything else compared very favourably to my wife's recent experience in a private hospital.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 04 September 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 22 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It’s wonderful to hear how well you were looked after, and I am sorry that you felt our hospital food wasn’t as good as you were expecting it to be. Through our Patient Dining Group, we are making improvements to our menu, and have begun taste testing to ensure our food is the best it can possibly be at our hospitals.

Flo Panel-Coates
Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

awful hospital!

was staying with family and unfortunately I went to queens hospital as I had shooting pains in eye and head, was seen very quick through triage, was taken to minors and people with a sore hand who were laughing and joking were seen first before myself when i was in absolute agony. when i was finally seen, nurse was rude and told me to go to moorfields eye hospital as queens couldn't do anything until Monday because the eye doctors were not working at the time. had the same problem two weeks ago & went to a hospital near my home and they were fantastic! saw an eye doctor even though it was the weekend. would never recommend anyone going to queens hospital.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 07 September 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 17 September 2014

Thank you for commenting on NHS Choices. I am sorry to hear about your experience, it must have been very frustrating to wait and then find that there were no eye doctors available to see you. This is not acceptable. I would like to investigate and in order to do so, I need some further details. Please contact me through our PALS team on 01708 435 454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Stephen Burgess