Queen's Hospital

Address: Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG
Website: http://www.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk

H.O gave Maternity service at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent care

staff in labour ward and postnatal ward were excellent, extremely helpful very friendly and dignified service, can't have better care in a private hospital.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 01 August 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Gynaecology

Had so many problems with queens other than a couple of departments, haematology, eye clinic and fracture clinic.

The staff are rude especially the receptionists surely they are they to provide a service instead they care more about gossiping and what they done last weekend.

There is always at least an hour delay on all appointments. Feel as though the doctors haven't got a clue.

I have just been discharged but will be going back to GP for a re-referral for a different hospital. When I was discharged it wasn't the same consultant as last time she looked at my file for about two mins and didn't even look at the first results I was coming back for. I had colpscopy done which couldn't fault they was really good but even they didn't discharge me and wanted me back in 6 months due to abnormal results.

I was basically told nothing can do for my symptoms and will just have to stay the same unless I go on the pill which if the consultant would of read my notes properly I'm already on.

It's almost like you have to tell the doctor how to do their job. I would be seriously concerned if I was to get rushed to queens in an emergency as I would fear the worst and would not feel that I could trust them. Considering you pay a lot of money through national insurance and get this service is disgusting. I even considered going through my private healthcare but thought why should I have to pay an excess when I already pay and will only see the same doctor but I bet you would get much better treatment.

I will be logging a complaint and getting re-referred to a different hospital possibly Brentwood or Southend they are really good hospitals

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 01 August 2014

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bluebell A Ward

I was admitted to bluebell a in queens hospial. During my stay i found the night staff rude and abrupt. Then one morning a nurse with a smile, said good morning, ask how i felt and how i slept and had real compassion and care for me. i always felt happy, safe and content in her care. She was always happy, smily and professional at all times. The amount she washed her hands was countless hahaha. She always provided my care with respect, dignity and if i ever (hope not) get admitted again to bluebell a i hope and pray that she will be my nurse again.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 30 July 2014

Claire hutton gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

New cannula fitting

I am extremely upset with the level of service from bluebell b due to the fact that my partner who has a serious infection in his blood and has to have antibiotics and fluids intravenously and after 7 hours a new cannula has still not been fitted I understand that dr's are busy but to neglect a patient is absolutely disgusting ESP as my fiancée even suggested that he could go down it a & e to have the cannula fitted if someone called down to a & e but was told he couldn't do that either and he has started getting pins and needles in his hands and legs again and if the antibiotics are being put into his body regularly how is he meant to get better sis this what he pays his taxes for a bad nhs service. To be honest I feel like taking this to the papers

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 23 July 2014

janine gave Ophthalmology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

answer the phone

my mother had an emergency appointment last tuesday at the eye clinic. She was told she had a bleed behind the eye and needed a repair done to a cataract operation. the consultant said this was urgent because of the bleed (he scanned her eye) and she would have this done within a week. This is now 8 days and we havent even had a letter for the appointment. I telephoned today to find out what was happening and was on hold for over 20 minutes with the phone just ringing and then going back to the operator.
if I do not get a response within the next hour, i will be reporting this to the papers. No wonder Queens Hospital has a terrible reputation no-one seems to know what they are doing. My mother is 81 years old and because of this problem she is unable to go out of the house and has been marooned in for about six weeks.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 23 July 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 28 July 2014

Thank you for your comment.
I am very sorry that you have had difficulties reaching our hospital.
However I hope that you were eventually able to book your appointment. If this was not the case, please contact our PALS team on 01708 435 454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk with more information.

Doreen Romain reviewed Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital

Care and support at Queens Hospital

To the Romford Recorder
Cc to the executive of Queens Hospital
Dear Sir/Madam
Please see below the compliment for Queens Hospital Romford, I would be very grateful if you would be able to print this in your letters section.

Too many people are too quick to knock down Queens Hospital Romford.
All I can say is that as a family we cannot thank Queens enough.
Unfortunately my husband health is not good. He suffers from several problems and at times has to be rushed into Queens’s casualty department.
The staff there cannot do enough to help and sort out any problems that are troubling him at that particular time.
The latest time was 10/07/2014 when he was having trouble breathing. We arrived by the ambulance with blue lights flashing. The ambulance technician prewarned them that we were on our way and everything was ready for him, and within two hours his breathing was much better and the care that they gave was 1st class.
Too many people like to moan and complain but very few like to say thank you
So from my family we would like to say thank you Queens Hospital we think that you are 1st class.

Mrs D.V.Romain
11/07/2014

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 July 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 01 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment not only on NHS Choices, but with our local newspapers as well. It is wonderful to hear how well our staff have looked after your husband, and that you thought they were first class. It must have been a very worrying time for you both, but I am so pleased that we were able to reassure you.

Flo Panel-Coates
Chief Nurse

P. P gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Fracture clinic

I have been trying to call the fracture clinic for serval days from 9 to 5pm, been on phone for 30 minutes at a time and yet no answer. I am starting to wonder have they unplugged the phones. Total disappointment. Something must be done about this. Not acceptable, or even alternative number for head of department for complaints.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 18 July 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 28 July 2014

Thank you for your comment.
I am sorry that you have found it difficult to speak with our staff in the fracture clinic.
I hope that you were eventually able to book your appointment, however, if this was not the case, please contact our PALS team on 01708 435 454 or email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk with more information.

shell gave Dermatology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Dermatology

i was refered by my doctor 11 weeks ago, i saw an intermediate (5 weeks ago) who says i need to see a consultant at queens i still haven't even got an appointment date. when i ring switchboard they put me through until it rings out normally about 10-15 minutes.They give me main appointment number which is constantly engaged.....where do i go from here??? i after 11 weeks of being refered am still no further down the line and would appreciate some help

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 15 July 2014

jyoshna prakash gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Most Responsible doctor

We almost like her own family member. Her attention and her response are wow factors. Queen's Hospital going to be best hospital. All the best to the doctor

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 14 July 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 20 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on NHS Choices.
It is great to hear your positive feedback - I am very pleased that you were impressed with the care you received and that you felt you were treated as if you were a member of our consultant’s family. I will enjoy passing your comment onto the team.

Iva gave Maternity service at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Queens Birth Centre

I gave a birth in the Birth Centre on the 1st July and was impressed with the staff and facilities. After reading some negative reviews I was a bit sceptic, but everything was just fine.
Everyone who I came across with was very friendly, professional & supportive. Made me feel like I was very special.
I’d like to say special Thank you to the members of staff who helped me to deliver my beautiful baby girl.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 July 2014

Queen's Hospital replied on 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on NHS Choices.
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I’m so pleased to hear that you were impressed with both our staff and facilities. Our midwives work extremely hard to make sure every mother receives excellent care at our hospital, and they will be delighted to know you thought highly of them.

Flo Panel-Coates