Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Anonymous gave Major trauma at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well Done Queens Major Lite Dept

Attended today on the advice of a local chemist's pharmacist.

Couldn't fault the service. Had virtually a full MOT, inc blood tests, sounding of chest, checking of skin.
Advised to go and get a snack while we waited for the blood tests.

Have never had tests taken and the results the same day.
Was treated with courtesy and respect throughout.

I used to attend this hospital years ago and believe me, the improvement is great

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 03 June 2017

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Sexual health department is virtually worthless.

The sexual health facilities of this hospital may as well not exist since it's hard to really understand what they do exactly, they refuse to see patients who are suffering from existing symptoms so what is the point? Secondary school tier Education of being careful with sex and some contraceptives? Is there really just a sexual health clinic dedicated to those two things? Because when I read sexual health clinic I read it as a facility who exist to help you with STD's or any other painful experience you may be suffering but no this is a glorified sexual education session mixed with Boots. Either fund a proper facility or don't fund one at all.

I am suffering a pain downstairs that apparently this department is too utterly inept to see and as such they are telling me to go to barking which is a lengthy journey for where I live. Don't book if you are already suffering symptoms, I am convinced this is not an STD and my doctors said I have suffered physical trauma but either way this borderline worthless facility will not be of service to you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Stanley davis gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my excellent treatment at queens

I must write this review to give my honest opinion of the treatment at Queens and King george Hospital.
My GP after checking bad blood tests on my Liver was very worried and sent me to Queens Ambulatory Department
I was dealt with at great speed shown the highest respect and after numerous tests was kept in overnight.
I saw the Gastro consultant on their round the next morning
A person who I have the highest regard of.
Within 6 days I had every test you could imagine including ultra sounds and endoscopys front and rear the result being that after just 6 days and all these tests I have had the problem removed and thankfully feel fine.
the wonderful medical team in the Endoscopy units at both hospitals made everything as pleasant as possible and in this day and age with the cutbacks in the NHS proved if there is a health worry our NHS is the worlds best I could not have had better treatment in any Private Hospital thank you all at Queens and King George Hospital

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Queen's Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Out of hours GP was terrible

I went to see a GP about my excruciating menstrual cramps to see if there could be an underlying cause to them. The doctor then went on to lecture me about the biological process of menstruation, how periods are a sign of fertility and they happen when you don't get pregnant. Even going off tangent comparing us to how elephants have periods once every 2 months. The doctor's behaviour was incredibly patronising, rude and I felt like a child. But all doctors are condescending like this. The doctor then went on to tell me that I should see a doctor about my acne, when it wasn't even something I was concerned about. Why are they bringing up an issue they have with my skin when I have gone to the doctor about my period pain? And why can't hthey prescribe me something for my acne, the doctor is telling me to see another doctor when they're a doctor? It made me feel insecure and upset, insinuating I had unsatisfactory hygiene. Totally unprofessional and insensitive even laughed at me. You need to employ more compassionate staff seriously

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Monika gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Feel ashamed to announce I am a nurse

Waited on the ground for 1hr following a fall from my bike but paramedics were great correctly diagnosing a double ankle fracture. Assessed by triage in 5 minutes and told to transfer from the trolley to a chair in a&e was subsequently transferred to the minor incident waiting area. The area was tiny and with an ever increasing patient arrival my foot was in danger of being knocked. In the 8 hours I was in a&e, until transfer to the ward, no elevation of the foot or analgesia was offered. I waited 3 hours to be seen by the first Dr who unexpectedly stated, you need an x-ray. Oh really! My husband was left to wheel me to xray and return in a Dept we were not familiar with. I was returned to the waiting area 3 times before I was eventually offered analgesia. Whenever they ward Orthopaedic Drs reviewed my ankle to the following day, I was informed that surgery would be delayed as the foot had swollen to too badly. Basic care could have prevented this.
I know about the strains on a&email dept's. I worked in a&email dept's but never been exposed to the service as a patient. It was the very worst NHS experience I have encountered. Truly disgusting and embarrassing.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Ruby gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Cornflower B ward

These nurses who deal with the blood tests are rubish. I had a miscarriage and went to see them. They did one blood test looking for hormone count and found it but didnt bother to call me. I called them and the member of staff said well if you didnt get a call you are not pregnant!. Ok so iv got 5 positive tests??? Check again...so they looked in their notes and found i could be pregnant. They told me to have another blood test to check if it was going up or down. Had the next test...waited another 2 days after trying to speak to someone for 48hours. I was told we cant tell you whats going on we are going through our list. Eventually got through to a member of staff who explained in a very scarcastic way "we are not open 24/7. Your hormone has dropped and its showing negative pregnancy in the blood test. Your now discharged!Goodbye". The member of staff didnt explain to me that you have had a miscarriage im sorry. Or if you have any further pain, bleeding or problems please do so and so. I was wslking around for over a week just to find out on my birthday that i had lost my baby. This ward is a joke and i really hope i never have to go there again!.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Labour,birth ward at Queens hospital in Romford

I just want to thank the whole staff at labour birth ward at Queens hospital from the bottom of my heart for their fantastic job that they did when my wife and I had our second baby on 30/05/2017. Especially I would like to thank one particular nurse, which we think you are an amazing nurse and person, in fact me and my wife think you are our hero... very professional, very helpful, very hardworking, very patient and friendly and I could go on and on about this nurse because they were absolutely fantastic. Me and my wife would also like to thank the rest of the staff that we had to deal with because they were all very good with us. thank you all.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 June 2017

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal cancer services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very rude doctor

I was referred to the clinic by my GP. The nurses were lovely and very supportive. However, the Consultant fired questions at me without waiting for my responses. I found the Consultant to be patronising and rude. The Consultant clearly didn't want to hear my answers to their questions and when they asked for my list of medications didn't give me time to give them. I am not the sort to moan about the NHS and I am very grateful for any treatment I receive but the Consultant's attitude has dissuaded from returning. The Consultant seemed to want to frighten me.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Summer1980 reviewed Queen's Hospital

My poor experience

I went to cornflour ward to check for a threatened miscarriage seen by the nurses they was kind and comforting. I then see the doctor who I was expressing how stressed I was and that I have had 4 prior miscarriages in the last three years and explains how I felt which for some reason they decided to then express in a rudely and abrupt manner.
I tried to reassure them that I was not being rude, but they were not having it with the way they treated me. I then was asked to go on the bed to be examined. As you do I looked on and waited to see for expressions to see if I was going to get the bad news.
I got dressed and sat down and seen them writing not acknowledging me what so ever my heart was pounding. So I asked what did you see? They replied-wait I'm writing. Now you tell me how is that a way to be treated when your in distress about loosing a little life.
Never have I ever experienced in my opinion, such bad practice in my life. Even the way they responded with well nothing you can do if it's gonna happen it's going to happen. I felt no sympathy, no care in the world, but rude nasty attitude.
I will be writing a formal complaint against that doctor and I think they. Need addressing. Sorry for the grammar just so upset. I did follow on to have a miscarriage and had a different doctor who was very lovely.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Bectacular gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Caring and compassionate staff

I recenhly ended up an inpatient due to an infected insect bite. As someone who is very nervous of needles, hospitals etc, I was very reassured by the care of the staff. From A and E to Majors lite and a brief stay on Cornflower ward, staff were friendly and caring. They explained what was happening and what my choices were. I also twice witnessed an excellent handover between different nursing shifts. I would recommend Queen's for its are and clear communication.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017