Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

On hold

I think it's absolutely terrible that I waited on hold for an hour to be cut off, I now done that 2 times, 2 hours and no one has answered yet is so bad. What if I had an emergency?? It's not acceptable for the nhs to do this.. They need reliable staff to just answer the phones..

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 02 May 2016

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

From A&E to Bluebell A

On Saturday 23rd April I was taken by ambulance to A&E from my gp surgery with respiratory problems. Due to recent negative press I was quite apprehensive but need not have been. From arrival I was treated with the utmost respect, care and consideration by each and every member of staff I came in contact with. My treatment was started immediately.. I was moved into a unit (can't remember the name) until a bed was found in Bluebeel A where I stayed for a week. The ward was spotlessly clean, the food was delicious, the staff were fantastic and the 'room service' was first class - the best hotel I've stayed in for years!!!!! Well done Bluebell A, hope the Chief Exec gets to read this.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 03 May 2016

KJC reviewed Queen's Hospital

I was taken unwell during my appointment and would like to thank the staff who..

I was taken unwell during my appointment and would like to thank the staff who cared for me in such a professional and caring manner. Dr was incredibly kind and reassuring.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 29 April 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Queens eye clinic accident and emergency

I went to my option because I was seeing flashing light and black things . They said they wanted me to go to hospital .i went to queens.
I got there and waited 4 hours just to see the nurse when I did get to see someone
I was told that they were busy and I could not see a doctor I had to go moorfields
I did ask why . If I have not had anyone look in my eye how would they know
What was wrong. The staff nurse was not helpful just said you cannot see a doctor
. This was 2 30pm in the afternoon
But remembering I am a 70 year old pensioner.
I am not very good on trains I did manage to get to moorfields at 4 30pm
What a difference everyone was kind and helpful,
I then had to wait 4 hours there to be seen,
The doctor was really kind and helpful. But it took just 10 mins for the doctor to know what was wrong. Why could queens not take the time to do that.
What time did I get home 9. 30 pm
I managed to get home

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 29 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience, I was very sorry to read the concerns that you have raised. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be happy to assist you in any way they can to try to resolve your concerns. The PALS team can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Yours sincerely

Dr Nadeem Moghal

crickets reviewed Queen's Hospital

Recently I visited the eye day care centre on 1st floor in Queens. I checked...

Recently I visited the eye day care centre on 1st floor in Queens. I checked in, and was seen by a staff nurse, who was very very professional and caring. Following their examination, the nurse put some drops in my eyes pre doctor examination. I waited a short period until the doctor called me to the consulting room, where I had the most thorough examination which was explained to me step by step.
Not sure of the doctor's name but the doctor like the nurse was very professional and caring. My problem was explained to me so simply I was impressed. I would hope these two people can be credited for the ability

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen's Hospital replied on 29 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience and for providing us with your feedback, it is lovely to hear that the staff that treated you was very professional and caring. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto them, thank you once again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Yours Sincerely

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Stroke Unit at A&E - Friday 8 April

My Mum was taken to A&E at Queens around 5pm by a fab ambulance crew. The Stroke Team at Queens could not have been more professional and helpful. My Mum had every test going and thankfully was discharged. So very grateful for the brilliant care from the team. Thank you.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 18 April 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 29 April 2016

I’m delighted to hear about you and your Mums experience, and thank you for taking the time to comment on you’re the care your mum received. It’s wonderful to know that everyone treated her well, I will ensure that your comments are passed onto our Emergency Department, thank you one again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Yours sincerely

Anonymous gave Oncology - Clinical at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Oncology

Why do you not follow your own published statements on your own official hospital website and in your own published leaflet that accompanies the appointment letter and give the patient the date for their next appointment before they leave the department? Do you know or even care how difficult it is not knowing when you will be seen again? The only time this has been done properly was last July in urology, one out of 12 appointments. That is really poor, to leave a cancer patient living without knowing when the next appointments are. As if it isn't bad enough knowing the cancer is incurable but no doctor can say how long you have, you don't even have the courtesy to follow,your own official policy for next appointments.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 20 April 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Mahesh gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Very good team & very good service

I am very happy and thankful to the lovely staff (Drs and Nurses) at the Endoscopy department for the wonderful service.
They were very professional and compassionate and I would recommend the Endoscopy Dept at Queens to be a service of high standards.
Well done team and thank you for looking after me.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 20 April 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Staff addressing patients

Nurse used a shortened version of my name twice, despite me giving my actual name which has two syllables. I did not give the nurse permission to shorten my name, the nurse chose to be disrespectful about me to another staff member in my hearing and to my face. When I asked not to be called by the shortened version as it is not my name, the nurse took umbrage. I was under the impression staff asked patients how they would like to be addressed.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 28 April 2016

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Irresponsible and unhelpful doctor and nurse

The children's emergency department is the worst ever that we have visited. We waited for three hours until to be seen. It was not just long. While we were waiting, there was no staff to turn to for help at all. My five-year-old boy went through severe pain while waiting there, but nobody cared. Basically you just cannot get a chance of telling anyone. The ward door was shut. We could see through the glass door that the doctor and nurses were extremely slow inside. No one cared about what was going on in the waiting area. Eventually when we were seen, the nurse said, 'Oh, you are lucky. Sometimes you have to wait for more than four hours.' Jesus! They have no shame about their service, let alone you expect that they were willing to improve it.

The doctor was not helpful at all. They simply didn't say much! I had to squeeze them for information like, what was going on with my child, what were the possible reasons that caused these problems, what could be done to stop him suffering or can I get any advice and suggestions. This doctor was so aloof and showing no sympathy or interest in the patient. When I asked why my child coughed out blood with phlegm and how to avoid severe throat pain which had been lasting for almost three weeks, they simply refused to answer. They just said that throat pain usually lasted for 11 days. But in my son's case, it was a lot more than 11 days. Can I have any advice, please? No! Nothing at all!

The worst thing was, they refused to prescribe calpol and cough syrup for my little one, which he most needed. They told me just to give calpol to my child when he had pain, but refused to prescribe it! They suggested we go to see the GP for those medicine! How horrible was this ! It was Saturday. GPs do not work at weekends. This doctor didn't care that such a small child had to suffer over the entire weekend which they could easily do something to let him avoid. Absolutely horrible! In the meantime, the nurse acted as if they were a doctor and kept saying 'we don't prescribe medications like this to patients'! What a pair! Doctor and nurse united together to mistreat patients no matter how vulnerable they were!

It was our first time visiting the children's emergency department at Queen's hospital. It was absolutely nightmare. Staff cannot be any worse! When my child got home, his severe coughing continued. Blood still came out with the phlegm. No solution was given to us at all!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 02 April 2016

Queen's Hospital replied on 15 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience, I was very sorry to read of the long wait you encountered in our Paediatric A&E department. Unfortunately, we are not able to determine how many patients are going to access our Emergency Department on any one day and patients that do access the service are triaged based on their clinical need, which can sometimes result in a patient waiting longer than originally anticipated. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be happy to assist you in any way they can to try to resolve your concerns. The PALS team can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Yours Sincerely