Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

karen halliwell gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great efficient care for my son

Mt son was admitted onto Tropical Island Ward from A and E on Friday. He was seen and treated promptly with an urgent CT Scan undertaken Friday Night, He was well looked after by the nursing and medical staff with observations and medication being given on time, medical reviews and compassionate care.
We were all very pleased with the service

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

Queen's Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Elderly woman with fracture

My father's 87 year old partner had a dizzy spell, fell and broke her shoulder on Sunday evening. She has a pacemaker and is on medication for high blood pressure. Despite my father explaining the severity of her condition, it took 2 hours for the ambulance to arrive. The paramedics were wonderful but the treatment she then received at the hospital was extremely poor. She was there all night and was ignored for most of this time. She was eventually X-rayed to confirm the break and her pacemaker was checked. A support bandage was badly applied with sticking tape, which came unstuck and fell off on the way home. She was offered no pain relief at all and told to arrange for transport home so my father had to call a neighbour at 5am to collect them. The poor treatment she received is unacceptable and suggests that the A&E department is failing to provide adequate care.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Disappointed

I Extremely disappointed about the sexual health there used to be an appointment system but now they have stopped it and the only barking do it now witch is to far for me to go I'm in fall time work and can't go up to queens and wait in a que for hours or even may be turned away I'm having to result into buying the STI home testing kits and I don't know if it legitimate or website that just want to take your money

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Treated badly

I was brought in by the ambulance, waited 4 hours to be seen, my blood test was taken on the corridor with no privacy. About 5 of us came in via the ambulance service, I was the only taken to the general ward, even though I was in sever pain, I was also given ibuprofen without asking if it works for me, It makes me sick. No one communicated with me, until I asked to speak to the supervisor.

I have never been treated the way I was treated today.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Maternity

My sister was taken into ante-natal in the morning with a view to be induced. She was then forgotten about and eventually transferred to the labour ward late in the evening, after a nurse saying, oops sorry we forgot about you! I could not fault the nurses on the labour ward - aside from being called nan! But that was just personally my vanity and lack of social skills from the nurse (they should find out who is the birthing partner, aside from the husband and I obviously need better facial cream). After her eventual delivery, she wasn't even offered a cup of tea! I had to go to costa (who's cash register wasn't working) to get her a drink! She was them transferred onto another ward, where her checks were carried out - she still wasn't offered a drink! And to date, she has still not had a midwife visit her at home - 5 days later. She also brought home someone else's notes!!!!!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Anonymous gave Oncology - Clinical at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

recepionist

I feel that the receptionists on the ward should have some knowledge or personal experience of cancer. I got my appointment wrong and went into the hospital today, I didn't find the receptionist all helpful. They said that I couldnt see the oncologist today as my notes were not present.

I have worked in the NHS and one can access notes via the medway system so it really wouldnt have mattered. However I came to discuss a delicate and personal issue and went all the way and i felt that they really wasn't being considerate as to the issue that I had come in to discuss. They could of asked Dr if they didn't mind seeing me or refer me to one of the breast care nurses in the Hospital. However they didnt seem to care that I was upset and to assist me in anyway. I had to leave the hospital and it was very frustrating.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Doobs reviewed Queen's Hospital

CDU unit

Would like to praise the nurses and doctor that was working on Wednesday evening.
Was very nervous you made me feel at ease.
Would recommend this unit.
Many thanks.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Sexual health services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Not friendly staffts

I walked-in to Queens hospital sexual health services at 10am Friday. I greeted the staffs "Hello "" then ask that I'd like to do testing. One person asked me if I have something, I'm not sure with the reply as I don't know that's why I want to do screening, and I just say" I think so "with hesitation . So they replied they don't do treatment there and they told me to go barking hospital and give me the schedule list. Then I just stood up and ask where is Barking hospital and she give me the piece of paper with the direction and not talking with unfriendly grumpy face so I just took it and go. I feel awkward to ask them "why they don't accept me for testing" as they don't talk much to me Or they just don't want to asist me. I read on the website that queens hospital will do treatment and counselling who might at risk for all ages specially for young people. I just want to do testing I did not coming to do a treatment. Why would they ask if I have something? So they have to ask everyone if they have something if someone says yes I have something then they will ask to go ANother hospital in barking. I'm already in queens hospital but they want me to go Barking hospital to do testing which is far from where I live. The website should say " if you have something go directly to Barking hospital" so we won't waste time and dealing with unfriendly grumpy staffs at Queens hospital.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Passive smoker reviewed Queen's Hospital

Smoking outside hospital entrance

When you approach the main entrance to queens hospital Romford Essex there are loads of signs saying no smoking but this is ignored and not policed
Why is there not a smoking area away from the entrance so when you walk in you are not walking through a filthy dirty area
Really not a good impression or healthy area to walk through

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 11 May 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Infection

It is too bad for such a big hospital to have such doctors. I don't say that all are the same, but it is a shame to meet these kind of doctors. I went to A&E sent by GP's doctor for an ear infection which was pretty bad and the doctor from there called the "Ear Nose and Throat" section and they decided I should make an appointment even when the doctor from A&E explained to them that this looks like an emergency. How can this be possible? What happens if the infection climbs to head? The doctor didn't even see me and they decided that I can wait 2 weeks. I don't recommend to anyone this hospital!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017