Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford

0800 015 5020 Beech Road, Headington , Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7RP

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

Received CT guided joint injection yesterday and whole experience was excellent. Grateful thanks to the radiographer and radiologist who carried out the scans and injections and kept me informed throughout. Very happy with everything that happened. Superb treatment.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 13 May 2016

Thank you for feeding back, it is lovely to read you positive comments, we value all feedback, using it to enhance our service to our patients.
Louise Sullivan, Hospital Director

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 3 stars

Administration leaves a lot to be desired!

Cannot fault the care I received from the consultant but the administration is shocking! I was told that I would be contacted by Radiology the day after my appointment with the consultant. As it was a Bank Hoiiday weekend I waited an extra day and then rang Radiology - they had not received the referral form. Rang the consultants secretary - no reply (haven't ever received a reply so far!). Rang a different number which was answered and was then told the referral form was still in the first secretaries intray! Radiology cannot make me an appointment without the referral and also tell me that there are only a couple of appointments left for next week. So, I still do not have an appointment for treatment and it is now unlikely to be next week!

I waited well over two weeks to see the consultant and only managed to get an appointment by spending about two hours on the phone, emails and messages went unanswered and eventually I had to speak to one of the managers.

I am self employed and virtually unable to work at the moment and didn't want my business to collapse so I decided to 'self pay' in order to get prompt treatment.

Not impressed!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 03 May 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 04 May 2016

“We value your feedback, we strive to give our patients the highest standard of care, and will use your feedback to make change to our practice. I apologise for the tardiness of our administrative support. In order to investigate fully it would be helpful to have more detail in respect of the problems you experienced. If you were able to write to me with further detail it would enable me to investigate the problems you experienced in detail."

Tel: 01865 30 7641
Mob: 07887967142

Alison gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 1 stars

I felt very upset & angry after my follow up appointment which I had been waiting for patiently, after several other tests. I found my notes had not even been read, appointment was very rushed, I also had to remind them I had an ultrasound & something was wrong, this was not looked into? Oh and I didn't go about my weight but that seemed to be a real issue even thou I'm not classed as overweight even by my GP! I'm very saddened by this attitude & disrespectful manner I was treated in.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 May 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 04 May 2016

Tel: 01865 30 7641
Mob: 07887967142

Heather gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 1 stars

Appalling patient care

I visited the manor hospital recently to see a neurologist. This has been worst hospital experience I have ever had. I was diagnosed by the neurologist I saw with a serious health condition before having the necessary scan and without consideration or discussion of other conditions. Despite attending the appointment on my own, after dropping that news on me the neurologist ended the appointment leaving me in tears, with no information on the condition or understanding of what would happen next. At no point did they ask if I was ok or check to make sure I was safe to drive.

Since receiving that diagnosis I have been completely left unsupported by the manor to co-ordinate different appointment with different departments. There is no communication between departments and it took me 3 days to get an answer from the mri department who never answer their phones. Having booked an mri appointment I then received no paperwork confirming the details. When I complained I was told it was my fault as I didn't leave my email address, despite having not been asked for it.

On the subject of the neurologist, the manor apparently accept no responsibility for the standards of care or service from these neurologists as they are private contractors.

I am still waiting for the Mri scan but in the meantime I've been left completely unsupported by the manor who made no attempt to help coordinate patient care, despite it being a particularly traumatic and serious diagnosis that I face.

I would definitely not be recommending this hospital!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 16 November 2015

We value your feedback, we strive to give our patients the highest standard of care, and use feedback to make change to our practice. It is very disappointing to read your comments, and we would welcome the opportunity to meet with you, to discuss how we could have done things better, and also to provide you with the support you need during this stage of your treatment and diagnosis. Please contact Nuffield Health's The Manor Hospital Oxford, on 01865 307641, so that we can coordinate a meeting.
With kind regards
Louise Sullivan, Hospital Director

Jean gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement with Sion Glyn-Jones

My other hip replacement was at The NOC in Oxford, but this time I decided to go to The Manor. At my age I was reluctant to even have an operation but my Consultant and Anaesthetist were very caring and reassured me that this was pretty straight-forward and nothing to worry about. The nurse who I met for my pre-op appointment was lovely – really kind and caring and other staff I met in the hospital were always very polite so I knew I’d made the right decision. The nurses who looked after me on the ward were so considerate and nothing seemed too much trouble. On one night I needed to call them a few times, much to my annoyance, but they were always cheerful and helpful. Having a private room was new to me and I felt very spoilt by all the attention I had from the catering team, the physios and the nurses! I have to say that all of the staff at this hospital were amazing. My recovery is a little slower than the last time but that’s because of my age and the physio team have been very supportive and encouraged me to keep up the exercises. I feel very lucky that I could go to The Manor and have told lots of family and friends that is they get the chance, they should go there too. Thank you to everyone concerned.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 24 February 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 09 March 2016

Thank you from the team at the Manor Hospital for your kind words and taking the time to feedback.
All feedback is hugely important to Nuffield The Manor Hospital Oxford, it's lovely for staff to receive praise from a patient or visitor, and equally we use negative feedback constructively to improve the care we give to our patients.
Thank you again.

With kindest regards

Hospital Director

Anonymous gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 1 stars

sloppy

Lots of admin problems from the go. Had a health issue and there was very poor communication between departments once i started receiving treatment. A prof i saw here referred me to a physio in the same hospital. it was not until the 2nd physio appointment, and after me begging the admin team, did the physio receive the details from the prof. I called them before each appointment to ask them to make sure the physio got my results. As a result the physio was giving me treatment in 2 sessions where they did not know the doctors opinions. Instead they asked me what i thought was wrong. i did as best i could to explain but i did not have the full details. Every time i spoke to the admin team they were rude and blunt. In fact on a number of occasions they did not respond to my emails checking to see if they had sent the results. They caused me a great deal of stress. When i made a complaint, the complaints procedure was slow and, on one occasion, the person following my complaint told me it was delayed because it was their birthday! I just don't think this is good enough. When i did eventually get a result the team had ganged up together and i was told i was the one who had been rude and everyone had thought that - yet no one, it seems, was prepared to tell me this beforehand. But they were happy to tell me when i made the complaint! They also told me that this particular prof's secretaries were not located in their hospital. I am not sure how this related to my issues. Even if they are not at the hospital it is down to the hospital to make sure that all staff members are trained properly and know how to speak to patients. Finally, during my physio appointments the physio questioned why i went to see that particular prof. They also questioned why the prof had given me anti-depressants for my treatment. This did not make me feel good at all. They suggested i see someone else in the hospital. So afterwards i went to see this doctor and paid over 300 pounds for the appointment. the doctor was late seeing me and i waited over an hour without anyone telling me what was going on. The consultation was good but the doctor wasn't quite sure why i had come to see them as some of the issues were not in their field. However, they did the best they could and sent me on my way. All in all, a terrible experience that this hospital needs to look into. The issues are really with their poor communication and a condescending attitude from some of the admin team.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 21 April 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 22 April 2016

We value your feedback, we strive to give our patients the highest standard of care, and will use your feedback to make changes to our practice. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
Tel: 01865 307777

O. Collet reviewed Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford

A rude and aggressive member of the reception staff

At my first visit I found the receptionist offhand. At my second vist the receptionist was very charming. When I was not sure where I was supposed to be going next (I had 3 tests) I was sent to ask at Outpatients. Unfortunately I encountered the same person I had met at the first visit, this time they were unnecessarily rude and agressive and could only raise their voice saying I was in the wrong place. My husband who was with me was horrified at their behaviour. At a sensitive time it did reduce me to tears.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 26 June 2015

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 06 July 2015

Thank you for you feedback. I am sorry that on this occasion we have fallen short of your expectations. We have spoken to the member of staff involved and reminded them to ensure that they deal with patients and customers sensitively at all times. Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hospital on 01865 307640 or email at tim.shewbridge@nuffieldhealth.com.

Chloe gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Operation on my lung due to pneumothorax

The hospital was so amazing with me and all the staff were so friendly! I'm under 18 so that was taken in to consideration towns they made sure everything was well explained to me! I have nothing to fault with the hospital whenever I needed something someone would be there to make sure I was ok! The intensive care unit was so well organised and I was never left alone so that was nice to know if something was to happen there was a nurse there! A nurse in there and was so lovely and I literally trusted them so much which was the same for another nurse when I was in my own room they made me feel much more confident about gettin up and out of bed! I cannot believe how amazing my hospital stay was and that sounds weird seeing as I had a very bad operation! But there was not a thing I could fault.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 04 August 2015

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 12 August 2015

Dear Chloe, thank you for your kind words. I am happy that your experience at the Hospital was a positive one and that you were happy with the standard of care provided. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865 307777. kind regards, Tim Shewbridge - Acting Hospital Director.

janice gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

my daughter tonsillectomy

My daughter came in a quite short notice to have her tonsils removed. we came for her pre op and she wasnt on the booking system which was a little bit worrying for us so she was rushed in as they said that she couldnt go as her op was due wednesday. then I had to ask for the information regarding the day of the operation, as I hadn't been sent anything. we traveled about 45 miles at half 5 in the morning to be there for 8 am, we were there 15 minutes but I don't like to complain as she had come in as an nhs patient as her tonsilectamy was brought forward so I did have a few concerns.The morning of her operation we both found that it was a lovely hospital and her nurse was a lovely lady, extremely helpful and explained things to her. annessasist and consultant brilliant and after the operation observations every half hour making her feel as comfortable as she could and then to the afternoon sister, lovely as well, very affeciant and discharge very smooth. food nice, hot drinks lovely. I would highly recommend this hospital thank you to everyone involved

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 28 January 2015

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 05 February 2015

Dear Janice, thank you for your kind words. I am happy that your experience at the hospital was a positive one and that you were happy with the standard of care provided for your daughter.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns over the late booking of your daughters appointment and I invite you to call our Deputy Matron Clare Davenport on 01865 307777 for this purpose. Kind regards, Simon James - Hospital Director

Anonymous gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 1 stars

Poor organisation

I took my mother for an urgent CT scan. It was done the day after request, which was excellent, but it took a week for the GP to receive the results. They said they were faxing it immediately after she rang at 9:30 after waiting from Friday until Wednesday. The GP still hadn't received them by 2:00pm, and we rang them again and they said they were faxing them now. They eventually came the next day. In the meantime mum paid the bill on the day she was scanned, but they posted her the bill saying the money is due. This arrived in the post before the results were with her GP. She is 79 and the CT showed she had cancer. I just don't think she should have had to wait that long for the results when she paid to go privately, and to receive the bill that she has already paid while she was still waiting for the results added more to her stress.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 28 November 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 03 December 2014

Dear Anonymous,

I am very sorry that your Mother did not have a good experience at The Manor. We would like to investigate this fully, but do need some more specific details. Could you please contact me either on 01865 307640 or simon.james@nuffieldhealth.com

Yours Sincerely