Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Telephone: 0800 015 5020
Address: Beech Road, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7RP
Website: http://www.nuffieldhealth.com/themanorhospitaloxford

Hayley Collins gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Lovely Hospital

I brought a friend up from Salisbury to see one of the consultants last week. Was told to expect maybe a 45 min car parking que, but was Lucky enough to drive straight into one. Decided to have a bit of lunch as had arrived a little earlier and what a lovely treat we were in for. The catering staff were really friendly and attentive, the food was so lovely and really hot. Credit to the catering team.

Now hate moaning because it's quite petty, when everything else went really well. There were 3 receptionist on in the clinic we were attending who didn't even acknowledge we were there. We were stood waiting to sign in for maybe 3-4 minutes before she looked up from her computer screen, a simple smile and acknowledgement would have been far for polite but to ignore people in my view is a little rude.

The consultant and his registrar on the other hand were spot on. Very friendly and answered everything we needed to know with warmth and professionalism.

The hospital is very clean and noticed how the toilets were checked on quite regularly.

Looking forward to bringing her back in a few weeks for her operation

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 01 September 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 03 September 2014

Dear Mrs Collins, thank you very much for your kind comments, and we will certainly pass on the compliments about our food to the catering team.
I am sorry that the service from the reception team was not up to standard and we would like to get some more detail so as to investigate further: could you please call our Front of House Manager, Brendan Caffrey on 01865 307543.
With kind regards
Simon James
Hospital Director, Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

knee replacement

I was admitted a few hours before surgery and waited, not always knowing what I was waiting for, but from the moment I was taken to theatre and returned post-op to my room the staff could not have been better or more considerate. My care over 2 days was fine, and night staff came at once. My new knee bent remarkaably well. I agreed to be sent home after 2 days, but in retrospect another night might have been helpful because I could have received stronger painkillers there than at home. The food was excellent.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 03 September 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy that your experience at the hospital was a positive one and that you were happy with the standard of care provided and I will certainly pass on your compliments about our food to the catering team.

Anonymous gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 2 stars

Review of an initial consultation

Disappointed.I found making original contact difficult.The fee for an initial consultation varied and when it was fixed at £220 and that appointment lasted only 20 minutes I felt it not to be particularly good value.Regrettably the treatment suggested-which I acknowledge is for a long standing problem-did not help and further testing would have involved far more expense.An attempt was made to charge me twice for the same test but that repeat bill was withdrawn with good grace.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 12 September 2014

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Nuffield Health Manor hospital. I would welcome the oppourtunity to discuss this matter further, please give me a call on 01865 307777. Simon James - Hospital Director.

Neil D Budden reviewed Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I attended an appoitment at the manor to see one of their consultants regarding

I attended an appoitment at the manor to see one of their consultants regarding a shoulder joint injury, the apointment was delayed by 2 hours and the results were extremely negative. I was greeted by an extremely agressive reception desk and then passed to a 2nd reception desk and told to wait in the waiting area, but not told how long or who I was waiting to see after waiting for 45mins I was called before being who told me nothing I didn't know all ready. In short I won't be going back and I feel like I have been mugged by a duck.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 07 June 2014 using FindTheBest

FindtheBest Logo

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 10 July 2014

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Nuffield Health Manor Hospital. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further, please give me a call on 01865 307777. Simon James - Hospital Director.

Carol gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Came in for knee replacement

Got referred to the manor after 13 weeks waiting for op at Nuffield . Very pleased with care I received . Could not have been treated any better. 10/10

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 25 May 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 24 June 2014

Dear Carol, thank you for your kind words. I am happy that your experience at the hospital was a positive one and that you were happy with the standard of care provided. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865 307777. Kind regards, Simon James - Hospital Director.

Anonymous gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Doesn't the Manor Hospital have unhappy and unhelpful staff?

I have never ever been treated in a hospital where everyone was so professional, helpful and happy! Right from the moment that I was admitted to the Cardiology ward I noticed that this hospital was so different to anywhere else that I had been treated. Three days after I was admitted I actually found myself looking for anyone that wasn't smiling ~ but no one!!!
Food was great, facilities great together with the cleanliness of my room.
To sum up then the staff at the Manor just couldn't do enough for me.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 03 May 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 24 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy that your experience at the hospital was a positive one. I will pass your comments onto all the members of The Manor team invloved in your care. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865 307777. Kind regards, Simon James - Hospital Director.

John Marshall gave Urology at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

In Patient stay for Urology operation

I am lucky in so far that it has been fifty five years since I last needed in patient attendance at a Hospital and I viewed the prospect with some trepidation but my experience at the Manor Hospital went a very long way to allaying my anxiety.
The care and attention which I received from the moment I first reported to reception until final discharge was efficient, courteous and friendly and I could not have asked for better care during my stay. Prior to operation, I was kept informed and consulted and from the moment that the porters collected me for surgery, every effort appeared to be made to put me at my ease from anaesthetist and surgeon to theatre staff.
The room which I occupied was comfortable and kept very clean, the food was of a very acceptable standard and all attending staff from cleaners and catering assistants to nurses could not have been more helpful, friendly and quick to respond when needed
I felt extremely well cared for and find it difficult to suggest any way in which my stay could have been improved.
I would like to think that it is management practise to relay commendations and gratitude of satisfied patients such as myself to those who work at the hospital.
In the unfortunate event of having to revisit hospital for any reason in the future, I would certainly choose to return to the Manor

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 28 February 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 24 June 2014

Dear Mr Marshall, thank you for your kind words. I am happy that your experience at the hospital was a positive one. I will pass on your comments to all the staff involved in your care, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865 307777. Kind regards, Simon James - Hospital Director.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 1 stars

Not great at all!

It started when I got my pre-op appointment through - it was scheduled for 3 hours after my operation book in time! Eventually got a pre-op for 3 days before the operation. Was told to stop taking aspirin, wasn't told to stop it at least 7 days before the op... not that I would have had 7 days in which to stop taking it anyway. This did cause problems with excessive bleeding during the op.

I was originally told I'd need to stay flat on my back for at least 3 days, they had me up and about a few hours after the op. I was released far earlier than expected and wasn't really given any information. They said I didn't need ambulance transport home and squeezing into my daughter's tiny car would be fine (I had an op on my spine and despite them pumping me with a lot of pain killers was still in much pain). Because I didn't get ambulance transport home I had to arrange my own aftercare. When the district nurse did come out to me she was surprised at how much I was doing for myself, she said it was too early for me to be doing anything - I should've been told to completely rest for first few days, I wasn't told. She was appalled that I'd not been sent home in ambulance saying I should not have been dosed with pain killers and told hunching up in my daughter's car was ok (it was an hour's journey). It was the worse thing they could've done.

At the hospital I was unable to bend but was expected to dress myself etc, I kept dropping things and had to wait ages for someone to come along so I could ask them to pick things up for me - they said they would get me a grabber stick, but it took them 2 days to give it to me, and they sent me home a couple of hours after finally getting it. They were not quick and responding to calls or dealing with requests.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 27 February 2014

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 24 June 2014

Janice Styles gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Recent stay.

I was in Manor Hospital Oxford for an anterior cervical discectomy on 14th October 2013. The hospital is clean and well equipped. I work in the NHS and was sent as an NHS patient. I was so very impressed with the level of care. My Condultant was brilliant involving me in all aspects of care and taking a lot of time to explain everything in detail to me. The nursing staff on ITU were brilliant and very kind and friendly. Everyone felt like they had time to spend giving me any care I needed. For me the basic nursing skills shown were quite frankly exemplary! I only wish that level of skill was still apparent in the NHS. No one came near me without first wasabi g their hands and the aseptic technique I observed by one particular nurse whilst taking a drain out of my neck was good old fashioned technique. I can't really say enough about how impressed I was with this whole experience from the admin staff to the nurses, anaesthetist and consultant. Even the young men who brought me tea were pleasant and cheerful. Brilliant. Thank you to everyone for looking after me so professionally.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 16 November 2013

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 24 June 2014

Dear Mrs Styles, thank you for taking the time to send us your kind words. I am pleased that your experience was a positive one and I will pass on your comments to the staff that were involved in your care. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hestitate to contact us on 01865 307777. Kind regards, Simon James - Hospital Director.

Andrew Jenkins gave Urology at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I went to the Manor for a cystoscopy in preparation for a major colorectal operation. The facilities are modern and well maintained. I was attended by a number of different staff, all of whom were pleasant and efficient (and yes a lot of the staff are agency/contract/ethnic minority/non EU - but this does not detract in any way from their efficiency). Both the consultant and anaesthetist visited me in my room before the procedure (which was done under general anaesthesia) to explain what they would be doing and answer any questions. The post operative care was all done by a senior nurse, who was excellent both in his nursing skill and bed-side manner. I was told of the findings from the cystoscopy as soon as I had fully recovered, and although some of the post-operative activities are uncomfortable (particularly the removal of the urethral catheter) I found it tolerable because of his approach. The post operative meal was fresh and of good quality. Overall I would recommend this hospital to anyone needing similar treatment.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 23 October 2013

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 24 June 2014

Dear Mr Jenkins, thank you for your kind words.I will pass your message on to all that were involved in your care, along with your compliments to the chef!As always, if you have any questions, please give us a call on 01865 307777. Kind regards, Simon James - Hospital Director.