Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

nadine gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good experience

i was admitted on new years day after severely breaking bones in my lower leg, given the particular day and the fact that they may have been particularly short staffed I cannot fault the treatment I had at all - I was x-rayed quickly and operated on the same afternoon. The staff (all of them) treated me with kindness & empathy all the way through my 3 day stay - I cannot praise them enough.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 05 January 2015

John Seymour gave Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I spent one week on wards A8 and A2 brilliant staff

From arrival to discharge I was looked after in ever way. Staff worked hard to ensure patient care was a priority. All the current political "stuff" absolute rubbish. With the available resources the staff did a great job. Members of the public need to be patient and realise a priority system is in place. Please pass on my thanks to Ward A8 and A2 absolutely top job

Ambulance staff also brilliant, why all the political moaning? Haven't a clue!

Thanks once again John Seymour

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 16 January 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Atrocious hospital, avoid if you possibly can.

I visited this hospital for the first time as an emergency admission due to a severe gastrointestinal infection and an ongoing longterm medical condition. I'm a vet so I'm well aware of what constitutes good medical care. The care I received in this hospital was atrocious. The staff were disorganised, threw away samples that were supposed to be sent for tests and basically left me on my own for 4 hours without even basic treatment, like fluid therapy and pain relief for severe abdominal pain. I was dehydrated due to vomiting and diarrhoea, and was never once given even so much as a small cup of water to drink. Rats get better medical care than I received. If you possibly can, go anywhere but to this hospital.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 08 December 2014

Oldestdj gave Ophthalmology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great care

Visit to A&E Tuesday 9th Dec doctor was very considerate and although could not see the torn retina. The doctor did the wise thing and referred us to the specialist clinic on Wednesday.
All staff at ophthalmic clinic were very good, caring and helpful and did everything that they could to advise and assist in my wife's retina being repaired quickly.

The only downside in the whole experience was the waiting times but we realise that as an emergency patient and with the pressures on that department that it will take a miracle to cure that issue and we fully understood why there were long delays in being seen.
Well done to all concerned.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Daniel White gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The care on the children's ward was exceptional

I was told to go to the hospital by my gp due to a high temperature I was suffering from after returning from a voluntary trip in Ghana building an orphanage. I was in an isolation ward as a precaution due to speculation about the current outbreak of ebola in West Africa, and I was their first patient back from a West African country (Ghana is low-risk country for getting ebola) and I received excellent care from every member of staff who saw me.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

chris gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ae department

What I liked

i just wish to thank the lady on AE at aprox 0336 in the morning i was despratly looking for my daughter and this lady couldnt have bin moor helpfull i thank you so so much

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 16 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Nicola Pell gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

UCL thumb injury

I came to A&E on a busy Sunday afternoon after slipping over and injuring my thumb. The admission staff were very kind offering me painkiller during my wait to be seen. I was then seen, assessed, xrayed and plastered within 2 hours of arrival. The kindness and empathy I was shown was very much appreciated, Thank you to all the staff at A&E.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

nanwilly gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

dangerous staffing levels

no one cares. no one answers buzers, no one feeds elderly people, The surgeons do there job and the nurses with lack of staff are left floundering to try to keep us alive. not healthy just alive.

buzzers out of reach, no one gives drinks out.

how we lived i do not know well i do, Family. they travelled for over an hour each day to enusre i at least had a drink and a sandwich.

never been to come home.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 27 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

msgoth gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

bad very bad

My child was taken by ambulance referred by gp told 2hours to see doctor then after that another 2 hours no hand gel used or gloves dirty hygieneof nurse in them self never go again

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

PHILLIP STRAUSS gave Ophthalmology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract Procedures

The kind consultant recommended cataract removal procedures in both eyes.
I was treated courteously and sympathetically. Waiting time was minimal and the administration obviously up to scratch. The procedures were carried out with the utmost efficiency, professionalism and empathy order of the day.
All involved were a credit to the health service which in this case provided a peerless service and the result life changing.
I cannot recommend the team high enough.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 31 December 2014