Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Sandra allen gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my stay on the gynea ward at PCH

This was my first experience of what i feel to me was major surgery, from my first visit to see my consultant /surgeon, my admission to the gynnea ward, I can not express my deep appreciation to all the staff I met, the surgical team talk to me right up to being put to sleep, then when I came round I had a wonderful team of nurses that cared for my every need, they were simply the best, nothing was to much trouble, the ward was very clean, and the food was good, many many thanks to you all

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 February 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Not a Happy Bunny reviewed Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital

Not a Happy Bunny

The majority of staff are wonderful and working under great pressure however, I had the misfortune to be treated by a member of staff who was of a different ilk to the rest and made disrespectful comments such as how she was almost my age and fit, how her hair was not as grey as mine (Nice and Easy does it) the most hurtful was how my toenails needed cutting and this was self neglect. How dare she say this to Mrs Estee Lauder I am very immobile and my wonderful husband helps me do this sadly he couldn't manage a pedicure before the ambulance arrived. Fortunately I only needed to spend one night this time and was released the next day 'If you haven't any kindness in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble' perhaps she could use this quote to her next coronary care patient.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 21 February 2015

Anonymous reviewed General Surgery at Peterborough City Hospital

Ward B5

I visited a lady last night in B5. I am with Age UK and was visiting a lady who I am a volunteer befriender for. I was astounded with the level of care given. One nurse stood out but I didn't get her name. She helped my lady in room 1. Can you please thank her for going the extra mile and giving more than is expected her care and compassion for the elderly was amazing and on behalf of a visitor and my patient I am truly grateful. 20.02.15

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015

Snowy gave Diagnostic Imaging at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bone/MRI Scan

Thank you to all of the staff in the Bone/MRI scanning dept for their excellent care and empathy during my visit it was much appreciated

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 February 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Gemma Baxter gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Could not breath.....have a paracetamol!

Called 111 at 4am as I couldn't breath, and I was told to go to A & E. Sadly this was Peterborough.
Not a single person in dept waiting, and lady behind a security screen (!!) carried on typing whilst I stood holding onto the desk trying to breath. Finally "how can I help".

I couldnt breath, I didn't know why. Waited for Triage, and then she arrived... the nurse. She made me feel like a wasn't wanted (found out from friend who was with me that the nurse was about the finish her shift). She hardly spoke to me, I was in pain from coughing but the main problem was trying to breath. She put my finger in a monitor, sat silently next to me, "nothing wrong with your oxygen levels, have you taken a pain killer"! I had woken at 4am and was there for 5am, so no, I hadn't had time!

She gave me pain killers and said to wait for GP. 1 hr later and not a single person in waiting room I asked the receptionist what was going on. She want into the back. Surpisingly I was then called into what seemed like an empty A & E ward, I appreciate that there is a lot going I dont see but its not acceptable to not be spoken to for 2 hrs!
I'm sat in A & E, I cannot breathe. Its disgusting. I walked out.
Following day got an emergency apt at GPs. I have an infected asophagus, and this has caused the issue with breathing, I was struggling for air and they didnt care.
My advice, do not go there unless leg hanging off. Bad job Peterborough.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 January 2015

Anonymous reviewed General Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital

treated with rescpect & dignity

came in with antibiotic not agreeing with me giving me fits, they had to knock me out put me in a coma to get my brain level back to normal.
I had my own room when I came round also own bathroom & TV which was nice to have was always frightened of hospitals before but not now
Keep up the good work Peterborough.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 09 February 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

nadine gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good experience

i was admitted on new years day after severely breaking bones in my lower leg, given the particular day and the fact that they may have been particularly short staffed I cannot fault the treatment I had at all - I was x-rayed quickly and operated on the same afternoon. The staff (all of them) treated me with kindness & empathy all the way through my 3 day stay - I cannot praise them enough.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 05 January 2015

John Seymour gave Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I spent one week on wards A8 and A2 brilliant staff

From arrival to discharge I was looked after in ever way. Staff worked hard to ensure patient care was a priority. All the current political "stuff" absolute rubbish. With the available resources the staff did a great job. Members of the public need to be patient and realise a priority system is in place. Please pass on my thanks to Ward A8 and A2 absolutely top job

Ambulance staff also brilliant, why all the political moaning? Haven't a clue!

Thanks once again John Seymour

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 16 January 2015

Snowy reviewed Cancer Services at Peterborough City Hospital

First class care

Thank you to the Urology Nurse and her team for the excellent care on my recent visit.
To have complete confidence in her and her team means a great deal.
Thank you .

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 30 January 2015

michael johnson gave Urology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my sixty visits to city hospital

over the past two years I have been treated in various departments and have always had first class treatment by all members of staff

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 30 January 2015