Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Sal gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst A&E department

The worst service ever some nurses were caring but the Doctor and the last nurse I saw was least concerned with my health worry I suffered massive blood loss and was unable to walk as the blood was just gushing out I was told I was pregnant which I was not aware of and was going through a miscarriage as I was not from Peterborough I was told to go and see my local Early Pregnancy Unit for scan even thought that would be 24 hours later as I was not due to leave till the following night. As I was about to get changed and leave the hospital I felt really unwell and everything went black vision wise and I fell to the dirty fall of A&E department a nurse came round and just said it's ok you are not fainting my husband told me and they managed to to get me back on the chair and went back to call the doctor who by than had told the nurse to bring a wheel chair and my husband was told to take me in a wheel chair and take me home. When I arrived at my home I rang the local hospital they asked me to come in and was shocked to the way I was treated in Peterborough A&E as the scan person said to me You would have had an ectopic pregnancy etc and without a scan they could not have known my condition and seeing I had blanked out they should have kept me for over night observation they said that was not right at all. Such a horrible experience the worst hospital to go to the Doctor just did not care even though I had lost so much blood and was fainting. This department needs to be checked by hospital inspectors.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Rebecca fox gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Mis diagnosis / lack of empathy

Visited Peterborough A @ E on morning of 4th April following a foot injury - I was seen in good time and was out within an hour which included an x ray - felt not much empathy shown towards my injury and with pain 2 weeks later have since had it re x rayed at another hospital and found that the foot is fractured when I was told by peterborough that it wasn't - I have been walking and driving on it in these 2 weeks when I could have rested it and have been disappointed with the whole experience.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 19 April 2015

kennth hook gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you

Suddenly, yesterday the 20th of April I had to be admitted to the hospital for a suspected heart attack in the early hours of the morning.
The ambulance paramedics, ward doctors and staff, and finally the doctors and staff of the
ACU were beyond reproach Excellent in every aspect of their duties.
Having to sit between consultations and treatments I observed how very busy everyone was and smiles and kind words were so readily given to one and all.
A Very Big Thank You
Honestly, the NHS is a national treasure to be coveted at all costs. I personally really appreciate it. I really hope our political masters see it in the same light.
Kenneth Hook

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 21 April 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Katherine gave Maternity services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Called for advice on movements

Called yesterday as had an increase in movements. 4th pregnancy but 1st at this hospital. Was amazed at how thorough, reassuring and brilliant the staff were. Made me feel so much better and had so much time and patience despite it being relatively busy. Looking forward to the birth of my baby here.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 23 April 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Brenda Weston gave Diagnostic Imaging at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ct scan today, great

I had a ct scan, head only on 31 March. Was worried, being claustrophobic and not like lying with my head flat. All staff were so kind and helpful, despite being late in the day, 6pm. Explained clearly, put me at ease, worked together. Scan nothing to worry about, only 5 mins, quiet. Did not even shut my eyes ! Thanks again all staff for making the experience pleasant.
Brends Weston

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 31 March 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admitted twice in one week!

On 3rd March I took myself to A&E whilst suffering from an episode fast atrial fibrillation. After they had felt my pulse the nurse on Reception very quickly arranged for me to go to Resus. All of staff in A&E, from porter to consultant, were brilliant despite being rushed off their feet. I was rapidly hooked up to monitors and had an ECG and then treated to slow my heartbeat. I spent a long time in A&E whilst waiting for a bed in Coronary Care Unit, I was kept informed of what was going on, was fed and given several drinks. I watched the staff trying to juggle too many patients with too few resources (mainly space) and they did so effectively and compassionately.
Once I was admitted to CCU I was again treated with kindness and compassion. (And was fed again!). Everything was explained to me and the staff were attentive. I was seen by the consultant the next morning when he took the time to explain a planned course of action. I was finally discharged the next afternoon.
Unfortunately, on 5th March,I suffered another episode of fast atrial finralltion and was advised to call an ambulance. This was not because I had been discharged too earlier but because of an underlying condition. The paramedic arrived within minutes and the ambulance not long after. All were extremely professional and put me at ease. I was taken straight to Resus in A&E and, again, treated quickly. Then it was back to CCU. There was some banter about me being back there so soon which put me at ease. Once again I was treated well and everything was explained. On both occasions staff were attentive, even during the night shift, and answered buzzers quickly, I observed how caring they all were with some elderly patients too. I saw a different consultant who again took the time to discuss my condition and advise on the way forward.
I was discharged the next day via the Discharge Lounge where the staff were very kind.
There appeared to be quite a lot of continuity of staffing in CCU which must surely help. This included the Catering staff and cleaners.
Special thanks to the doctors.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 08 March 2015

Vist to A and E and Children's Ward

I had the unfortunate occasion to visit the hospital recently with my daughter, with all the recent press reports I was expecting a rough ride at A and E on a Saturday evening.

Yes is was a busy, however the care and attention was way above what I had expected. It was not chaos and organisation was apparent.

The speed of being seen, the treatment and kindness from all team members including the very entertaining porter who had been at the hospital for over 20 years made what is always a worrying experience a little bit better. We were admitted I spent two days the children's ward, again the care and kindness was way above expectations.

Thank you, clean, kindness, my daughter enjoyed her food! A first for any hospital visit for her and anyone I have ever met! Thank goodness we did not need to stay longer and she is much better now after her accident, thank you and I also wanted to say my experience well exceeded my expectation.

Many thanks

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

outstanding

The quality of the service and expert opinion of the doctor is outstanding

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 29 March 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Linda C. gave Surgery - Breast at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I would like to say a big thank you to the Consultan,Ultrasound,& so friendly Nurses for all their excellent treatment when I visited The Breast Outpatients Clinic.
You all made me feel less scared with all your kindness & ansering all my questios.
I would highly recommend this hospital.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Not a Happy Bunny reviewed Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital

Not a Happy Bunny

The majority of staff are wonderful and working under great pressure however, I had the misfortune to be treated by a member of staff who was of a different ilk to the rest and made disrespectful comments such as how she was almost my age and fit, how her hair was not as grey as mine (Nice and Easy does it) the most hurtful was how my toenails needed cutting and this was self neglect. How dare she say this to Mrs Estee Lauder I am very immobile and my wonderful husband helps me do this sadly he couldn't manage a pedicure before the ambulance arrived. Fortunately I only needed to spend one night this time and was released the next day 'If you haven't any kindness in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble' perhaps she could use this quote to her next coronary care patient.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 21 February 2015