Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Atrocious hospital, avoid if you possibly can.

I visited this hospital for the first time as an emergency admission due to a severe gastrointestinal infection and an ongoing longterm medical condition. I'm a vet so I'm well aware of what constitutes good medical care. The care I received in this hospital was atrocious. The staff were disorganised, threw away samples that were supposed to be sent for tests and basically left me on my own for 4 hours without even basic treatment, like fluid therapy and pain relief for severe abdominal pain. I was dehydrated due to vomiting and diarrhoea, and was never once given even so much as a small cup of water to drink. Rats get better medical care than I received. If you possibly can, go anywhere but to this hospital.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 08 December 2014

Oldestdj gave Ophthalmology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great care

Visit to A&E Tuesday 9th Dec doctor was very considerate and although could not see the torn retina. The doctor did the wise thing and referred us to the specialist clinic on Wednesday.
All staff at ophthalmic clinic were very good, caring and helpful and did everything that they could to advise and assist in my wife's retina being repaired quickly.

The only downside in the whole experience was the waiting times but we realise that as an emergency patient and with the pressures on that department that it will take a miracle to cure that issue and we fully understood why there were long delays in being seen.
Well done to all concerned.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Daniel White gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The care on the children's ward was exceptional

I was told to go to the hospital by my gp due to a high temperature I was suffering from after returning from a voluntary trip in Ghana building an orphanage. I was in an isolation ward as a precaution due to speculation about the current outbreak of ebola in West Africa, and I was their first patient back from a West African country (Ghana is low-risk country for getting ebola) and I received excellent care from every member of staff who saw me.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

chris gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ae department

What I liked

i just wish to thank the lady on AE at aprox 0336 in the morning i was despratly looking for my daughter and this lady couldnt have bin moor helpfull i thank you so so much

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 16 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Nicola Pell gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

UCL thumb injury

I came to A&E on a busy Sunday afternoon after slipping over and injuring my thumb. The admission staff were very kind offering me painkiller during my wait to be seen. I was then seen, assessed, xrayed and plastered within 2 hours of arrival. The kindness and empathy I was shown was very much appreciated, Thank you to all the staff at A&E.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

nanwilly gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

dangerous staffing levels

no one cares. no one answers buzers, no one feeds elderly people, The surgeons do there job and the nurses with lack of staff are left floundering to try to keep us alive. not healthy just alive.

buzzers out of reach, no one gives drinks out.

how we lived i do not know well i do, Family. they travelled for over an hour each day to enusre i at least had a drink and a sandwich.

never been to come home.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 27 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

msgoth gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

bad very bad

My child was taken by ambulance referred by gp told 2hours to see doctor then after that another 2 hours no hand gel used or gloves dirty hygieneof nurse in them self never go again

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Hilary Blunt gave Surgery - Breast at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Prolonged stay after slight complications after breast op

I have nothing but the utmost praise for the consultant, doctors and all the staff, right from the top to the bottom for all their care, kindness and attention to detail during my longer than anticipated stay in Peterborough City Hospitall. All, without exception, were kind, patient and considerate; all had a good sense of humour; there were some very difficult patients in the ward at times, including two I think ‘frequent fliers’, totally blatant hypochondriacs even to a layman like me, but their kindness even to these time wasters was boundless! Thank you all so very much for everything.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 28 October 2014

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The star points above are not really relevant to my comments

A member of my family was referred to Physio department for treatment for a very painful and debilitating physical condition during pregnancy for which the only treatment is physio. Referral was for 6 weeks hence. After phoning physio to ask if it could be brought forward she was told in a very patrionising manner that "it was normal to have pain in pregnancy and most women just get on with it'. That was extremely rude and unhelpful and God help anyone who needs treatment at Peterborough. I will pay for her to go privately to somebody who knows what it is to be caring and considerent of a patient's needs. Point 4 underneath asks for when hospital was visited, this is irrelevant as contact was made by telephone. I am furious at this cavalier attitude as it was not necessary.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

shirleyann gave Respiratory Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 4 stars

my six day 10 out of 10

I was taken into peterborough a&e by 2 great paramedics who did everything to put me at ease, where my treatment started immediately I was then taken to ess ward where my care and treatment from the nurses and doctors was excellent especially a staff nurse, her compassion and care went way above the call of duty, she explained everything clearly to me and kept me informed of my condition and all the treatment I was having. I was then taken to ward b12 on monday evening where the whole team on that ward couldn't be faulted The doctors actually spoke to me about my condition and treatment, I felt I could ask anything and I was given the answers. The only downside and I must apologise to all the whole team I began to get very crabby as the days went on as I cannot stand the hospital food and the only things I ate were brought in by my visitors. I am not a fussy eater but I just didn't like anything on the menu except the jam sponge which I must say was very good.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014