Peterborough City Hospital

01733 678000 Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton , Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ

Graham Williams gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Daycase Treatment Unit -ENT

I attended the Daycase Treatment Unit and was looked after by the surgeon and their team. The procedure was conducted under local anaesthetic as they took a number of samples from my ear, temple and head. All I can say is that everyone involved went out of their way to make me feel comfortable both in the ward, in the theatre and both before and after the event. I was very impressed and could not have asked for more. Many thanks - and many congratulations.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 09 January 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 19 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments which I will ensure are shared with the staff. I hope that you recovering well.
Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My 4 Year Old

My son visited A & E after an accident which left a nasty laceration to his face which could only be fixed by surgery.I would like to thank all staff involved in his care from A&E to the staff on Amazon ward and the Theatre team and the Angels in red who through play make it less traumatic for children..what a truly wonderful friendly and proffesional team who deserve so much more than a thankyou for the amazing work they do .I hope they do get to hear of the good stuffs and not just the negative..Many Thanks

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 15 January 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 19 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments which I will ensure are shared with the staff. I hope that your son is recovering well.

Phil gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiac Investigation Unit

Having been referred for possible angina I underwent an investigation where my BP was high and medication was prescribed. A follow up outpatient visit resulted in a referral for a MIBBI test which in turn resulted in an angiogram. Throughout my visits I found all the staff to be extremely pleasant and professional. The general feeling I had of my experience was one of being cared for and treated with respect. I was particularly impressed by one doctor and their skills, empathy and manner. All in all a much happier and less stressful experience that I had anticipated. I would recommend the unit to anyone.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 19 January 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 26 January 2016

Thanks you for taking the time to post such lovely feedback. I hope that you are now feeling better

tracey gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

womens health

This is my third operation in this new hospital. And each stay has been the same. I'm in here right now after a major operation. Yesterday i asked to be moved as they had put me with a couple of patients with dementia i think lovely ladys but they needed specialist care. These nurses were trying to cope but it so difficult. For them. Today was worse i had to keep asking them for a wash and my bed was full of blood. This happened at 11 30. I need to get up and walk around to prevent blood clots this didn't happen till 6 o'clock. These nurses on this ward do a fantastic job. But who ever is in charge hasn't got a clue. I will never come in again for an operation its so bad I want to leave now but only had a full hysterectomy yesterday hopefully get out tommoro

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 19 January 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 26 January 2016

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and I am obviously concerned about the comments you have posted. We want to ensure all of our patients receive good quality care and I am disappointed that this is not what happened in your case.

If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me via email lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk so that we can arrange a convenient time to chat as I am keen we learn from your experiences. Once again my apologies that your stay was not as we would wish it to be.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Lisa hassine gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E service

Last night my 82 year old father was admitted to hospital via AAnd E. It was a scary horrible time for an otherwise healthy man and I can not praise the amazing, professional and empathetic staff. From the member of staff who first reviewed us to our nurse and three other members of staff.
To say they were thorough was an understatement. They treated my father with the upmost respect and it made a frightening experience bearable.
Please pass on my heart felt thanks to these absolutely amazing people. You are all Angels :)

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 22 January 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 26 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments. I hope that you father is now recovering

Deputy Chief Nurse

Darryl Parker gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Not very good

I called an ambulance at 2am and it arrived within minutes so I am very happy with their response time and patient care. I arrived at the hospital at 3:15 am and that's where things went down hill. I was waiting in majors in a and e for about 12 hours before being moved to the medical assessment ward then was moved again a few hours later to ward A3. The staffing on the medical assessment ward must have been minimal because I had to help a health care assistant to lift an elderly patient who had fallen and was also getting abusive with the staff. On ward A3 my oxygen wasn't turned on during the night and as I was admitted with a severe asthma attack this was careless. I was originally told that I would be under observation for 48 hours I was then informed that I was required to stay in another day. On the day that I should have been discharged there was a lack of correct staff to facilitate my release as I was supposed to have a final assessment by the respiratory nurse but there was none on duty, as a result I had a further 24 hours in hospital.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 09 December 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 11 December 2015

Thank you for your comments which concern me greatly and I am very sorry for the poor impression that you have been left with about the care we offer at Peterborough City Hospital. I would like an opportunity to discuss with you in more detail your comments so that we can ensure that we learn from your experience.

If you feel able to contact me please email me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk and then we can arrange a convenient time to chat.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Tony Wilks gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing care

Both my elderly parents who live in care in Rutland have needed a visit to Peterborough hospital during the last month. On one occasion they were both there at the same time!My father came through A&E the assessment unit and then ward 33. He was always well treated from the paramedics to the nurses and doctors on the ward. My mother's treatment was equally impressive. I cannot emphasise how good a service is being offered to the public at this brilliant NHS hospital. The biggest complement I can pay them is that both my parents who are 99 and 98 hold no fear going to your hospital. Our grateful thanks go to you all from both my parents and my wife and I.
We wish you all a very happy Christmas and a healthy New Year.
Tony& Clare Wilks

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 21 December 2015

Dear Tony and Clare

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the care your parents have received at our Hospital. I wish you and your parents well for the future and hope you have a Happy and Healthy 2016.

Chip gave Oncology - Clinical at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Prostrate Cancer update 23122015

I would like to thank all the staff who have looked after me during the last six months from the blood tests, scanning and consultancies, not forgetting all those behind the scenes people we never meet. My latest visit mentioned that my PSA count was down to 1.3 from 99.4 six months ago.
Best Christmas present you could have given me. Thank you so much and Seasons Greetings to all.
A C Wood

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 24 December 2015

Dear Mr Wood

Thank you for sharing your good news with us. I am so glad your PSA level has decreased and I wish you well for 2016

Deputy Chief Nurse

Joan gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emeregency: Perforated Appendix

I would like to thank all those concerned with my trearment and recovery when admiited for emergency surgery on the 10th of November 2015. From the paramedics who took care of me before and during my admittance to hospital to all the medical staff who cared for me after it. Everyone was very professional, keen to reasure me and explained each stage of my treatment with care. Everyone was very kind and and at all times I felt safe and well cared for. As for the doctors/surgeons who undoubtably saved my life and the nurses who took such great care of me after I was admited to the ward I can't praise them enough. I will always be grateful for the kind care and treatment I received on the 10th//11th November this year.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 28 December 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 30 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback and i am pleased that you are now recovering.

I wish you a happy and healthy 2016

Sam T gave Maternity services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great service for second birth

I have recently had baby number two and could not have been happier with the service I received. My midwife was amazing, very supportive throughout my labour and time st the hospital. Baby born at lunchtime but my poor midwife did not leave me until 4 to go and get their own lunch.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 10 December 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 11 December 2015

Thanks you for your lovely comments which I will ensure are shared with the staff. I wish you and your family well for the future