Check here for alerts

Peterborough City Hospital

01733 678000 Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton , Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ

Charl gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Service at the drop in centre is abysmal

We arrived first over an hour early as we had been sent from the jigsaw clinic. We where told we are top of the list and would be helped first. We waited for well over two hours and where not helped first instead two ladies where helped before ur. The reception were unhelpful and just told us to wait. Really wish there where alternatives.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Mark gave Cancer Services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great hospital caring staff but problem found

Great hospital and care.... currently being given let down by understaffed diagnostic services . Speed up results of diagnostic tests in scanning please because lives are at stake.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 13 November 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 18 November 2016

Dear Mark

Thank you for your lovely comments around care. We are experiencing some delays in the reporting of x-rays and scans which is down to a national shortfall in specialist staff within this area. The staff in this area are working very hard to try and address this through a number of initiatives that include outsourcing the reading of scans, advertising for additional staff etc. Whilst I appreciate this may not of helped you I hope it does provide you with assurance that we are actively trying to address the problem. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service via email PALS@pbh-tr.nhs.uk. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

emergency admission

After collapsing at home my doctor referred me to A&E department where I was examined and diagnosed with pneumonia. I arrived mid afternoon and was back home with a course of antibiotics by early evening having had blood tests X-rays and examination. At all times I was treated with kindness and respect...my only criticism is the expertise of the young very polite nurses who attempted to take blood samples hence my 4 stars on staff co-operation.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 25 November 2016

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Peterborough City Hospital

Lost clinical/surgical notes

My brother, aged 65, attended Peterborough Hospital on 25th November for surgery to remove his gallbladder. He was in surgery for approx. 3.1/2 hours. When my sister-in-law visited him today (Saturday 26th November) she asked the ward staff questions about what his surgery had entailed and what was the prognosis. Very sadly, (and scandalously) the medical staff could not answer her questions as his notes had gone missing. What kind of after care is this? To add to my sister-in-law's anxieties, she was told by a nurse on the ward that gallbladder surgery normally takes about 45 minutes and because my brother's surgery had taken much longer it would mean that possibly other surgical procedures had been carried out but she could give no further information because of the missing notes. How can my brother receive proper after care if there is no direction as to how this care should proceed (i.e. no follow up notes). Please would you try and find his notes so that he and his wife, as well as his sister and his 96 year old mother can be spared further anxiety. Thank you.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 26 November 2016

Anonymous gave Rehabilitation at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Car parking

I have appointments and treatment at the Hospital on a regular basis. I have found after two years of treatment that I can only praise the staff for such excellent care but have now requested I receive appointments and treatment at Stamford for the sole reason of the absolute nightmare of parking. On the last three appointments I have been forced to 'abandon' my car on double yellow lines leaving me stressed out during my appointments in case I received a parking ticket. I have arrived an hour earlier and still not been able to find a space. There must be a better system that can be implemented to stop people entering the car parks driving around in vain because the car park is already full. Very frustrating that a Hospital is so good for patient care but cannot get basic car parking right.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 09 November 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments about the clinical care you have received.

As a Trust we are aware that car parking is currently an issue and I can advise that there is an ongoing project looking at how we can ease the car parking congestion problems. This is high on the agenda for senior staff in the organisation but in between times please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Deputy Chief Nurse

happy mum gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great A&E service

I've just returned from taking my son to A&E with a fractured elbow. It was a busy evening but the service was fantastic, from the person in triage to the person who treated my son brilliantly. I felt confident that he'd had the best possible treatment, all the staff were very friendly and helpful, and it took far less time than I'd feared. Thanks very much PCH for a great service.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 October 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 10 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Peter Herrick gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent hip op. Very grateful.

My hip replacement op was carried out by two dedicated surgeons, very successfully. Excellent result. Am very grateful to them and entire support staff of nurses, doctors, administration and supporting staff. Hospital spotless, food excellent, care and attention first class throughout. Greatly impressed by this experience in PCH. Thank you all.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 12 October 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 13 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. I will ensure they are passed onto the relevant staff and I wish you well for the future

SophieMarie reviewed Peterborough City Hospital

Peterborough hospital parking

The charges are absolutely extortionate, double the price you'd pay in a shopping centre. And the car park has no limit, the machines should not allow more cars in than it can hold, during visiting hours if you have an appointment to go to you have no chance of getting a space and if you do you end up blocked in by inconsiderate people parking in the middle of the car parks and on the paths etc! The machines should operate on 1 out 1 in when it's reached full capacity!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 October 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Dear SophieMarie
I am sorry for the problems you have had with car parking and as a Trust we are undertaking a project to address the parking issues in respect of the number of spaces available.
In relation to car parking charges we do offer concessional rates for patients and visitors who fall into a number of categories such as Carers, visitors who are having to come in for long periods of time i.e. if there relative is very ill etc. The first half an hour is free so if you are just picking somebody up during that time there is no charge. Our costs are comparable with other trusts.
If you feel that you may qualify for concessionary parking then please speak to one our receptionists. Once the Parking Project is completed we are confident more parking will be available however in between times please accept my apologies for any inconvenience

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Quite exceptional

From the first scan to the discharge after major surgery the care received has been outstanding. This is based on the staff including the reception staff in the Womens Health unit through to those managing mealtimes and a busy ward. Of course the surgery staff and the anaesthetists were fantastic. How comforting to know that really skillful and experienced doctors were involved. It is almost impossible to find any feedback that could improve on the care I have received. The building is so different an experience than any other I have known and the ward was light airy and nothing too much trouble. Car parking was a bit testing but we were alerted to that and in the main not as grim as had anticipated. The staff in every department have been so courteous and nothing has been too much trouble for them during my stay. Excellent on every front.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 15 October 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 November 2016

Thank you for your comments and it will be nice for our staff to receive your positive comments

Deputy Chief Nurse

Rocio Oronoz gave General Surgery at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A very happy patient

I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 weeks ago and I definetly want to say thank to the hospital stuff and the surgeon. My surgeon is an asset to your hospital. Not only did they pushed forward my operation to help me with a personal situation but also they treated me with respect and care, they even said hi to me before my operation and gave me peace of mind. The stuff were all very nice and they answered all my questions, plus help me feel very comfortable. I did not notice anything at all till they woke me up in the room and the nursers were very helpful and welcoming. Would love to say thank you as well to a particular member of staff, you could tell they were new but they were all the time smiling and caring and made me laugh a couple of times (which in a situation like that is very welcoming). Also the other nurse that was with them (which name I have to admit I don't remember), was very profesional and caring too. My wounds are hardly noticeable and feel much better now. Please say thank you to all of them and be advise I will definetly recommend your hospital from now on.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 21 October 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 November 2016

Thank you for posting such lovely comments and I will ensure they are shared with the staff. I hope that you are continuing to recover and I wish you well for the future