Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Tony Wilks gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent hospital,the NHS at its best!

My mother was admitted to A&E on Saturday May 2nd.From the excellent ambulance crew to the doctor and nurse who examined my mother I have nothing but praise.
My mother is 98 but was shown respect and compassion by all your staff. Wards A1 and B1 also showed outstanding care and professionalism. Our family thanks to you all.
Peterborough NHS hospital is a magnificent example of what the system can achieve when given an amazing building and outstanding staff.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 08 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Thank you for your lovely comments. I will ensure that they are passed onto the relevant staff. I do hope that your mother is now recovering regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse 22 May 2015

J Carter gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Orthopaedics TRHR

Admitted on May 12th 2015 for total right hip replacement. I would like to thank the surgeon and team, and the staff on B7 for their care and expertise. I have been home now 5 days, some pain and stiffness which is expected but each day gets a little better and the awful hip pain has gone.
Cleanliness and food second to none throughout the hospital, thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 20 May 2015

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 3 stars

waste of time, demotivating and no sensitivity

I had 2 appointments. First centred on the muskuloskeletal issues of the physio who was pleased I have similar, though not what I was there for help with! The physio mimicked how I walk, apparently admitting next appointment they over exaggerated! Hurtful, demotivating and demoralising! I left with a couple of exercises no different to anything I already do daily. Plus a leaflet about the physio's mutual problem and asked to get help from the charity's helpline. Second appointment the physio was eager to discuss our mutual problem, rather than concentrating on what I needed. I declined and expressed how miserable I was if I looked as stupid as they demonstrated when I walk and now extremely self conscious. I learned one exercise I already do, spent a couple of minutes on a wobble board and walked the length of the gym. I was given a leaflet to purchase private hydrotherapy! Fifteen miserable, wasted minutes. Demotivating, demoralising with a bad outcome. Gives the department a bad reputation and undermines those physios who do a good job with rehabilitation and treat their patients with respect and sensitivity. I declined any further appointments. I wish the physio good luck with their muskuloskeltal problems and hope they get the help they need from the charity. I'll go online and find the best exercises for my injury and treat myself. And apparently I don't walk that way and find it impossible to do anyway, when my family stepped in to reassure me.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 19 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

I was saddened sorry to read your posting and I would really like to discuss this with you in person. With that in mind could you contact me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk so we can arrange a suitable time to chat. My apologies again for the distress caused to you

Sal gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst A&E department

The worst service ever some nurses were caring but the Doctor and the last nurse I saw was least concerned with my health worry I suffered massive blood loss and was unable to walk as the blood was just gushing out I was told I was pregnant which I was not aware of and was going through a miscarriage as I was not from Peterborough I was told to go and see my local Early Pregnancy Unit for scan even thought that would be 24 hours later as I was not due to leave till the following night. As I was about to get changed and leave the hospital I felt really unwell and everything went black vision wise and I fell to the dirty fall of A&E department a nurse came round and just said it's ok you are not fainting my husband told me and they managed to to get me back on the chair and went back to call the doctor who by than had told the nurse to bring a wheel chair and my husband was told to take me in a wheel chair and take me home. When I arrived at my home I rang the local hospital they asked me to come in and was shocked to the way I was treated in Peterborough A&E as the scan person said to me You would have had an ectopic pregnancy etc and without a scan they could not have known my condition and seeing I had blanked out they should have kept me for over night observation they said that was not right at all. Such a horrible experience the worst hospital to go to the Doctor just did not care even though I had lost so much blood and was fainting. This department needs to be checked by hospital inspectors.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Rebecca fox gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Mis diagnosis / lack of empathy

Visited Peterborough A @ E on morning of 4th April following a foot injury - I was seen in good time and was out within an hour which included an x ray - felt not much empathy shown towards my injury and with pain 2 weeks later have since had it re x rayed at another hospital and found that the foot is fractured when I was told by peterborough that it wasn't - I have been walking and driving on it in these 2 weeks when I could have rested it and have been disappointed with the whole experience.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 19 April 2015

kennth hook gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you

Suddenly, yesterday the 20th of April I had to be admitted to the hospital for a suspected heart attack in the early hours of the morning.
The ambulance paramedics, ward doctors and staff, and finally the doctors and staff of the
ACU were beyond reproach Excellent in every aspect of their duties.
Having to sit between consultations and treatments I observed how very busy everyone was and smiles and kind words were so readily given to one and all.
A Very Big Thank You
Honestly, the NHS is a national treasure to be coveted at all costs. I personally really appreciate it. I really hope our political masters see it in the same light.
Kenneth Hook

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 21 April 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Katherine gave Maternity services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Called for advice on movements

Called yesterday as had an increase in movements. 4th pregnancy but 1st at this hospital. Was amazed at how thorough, reassuring and brilliant the staff were. Made me feel so much better and had so much time and patience despite it being relatively busy. Looking forward to the birth of my baby here.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 23 April 2015

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement

I had my hip replaced at PCH and from the moment I went in I was treated so well. The staff were lovely and everybody helped me whenever I needed it. I had hardly in any pain and can not thank enough the nurses on B7 and my surgeon. This has given me back my life.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb

I was admitted on Saturday night from resus to the Coronary Care ward with breathing difficulties & chest infection. From the moment I was admitted, I was treated with care, compassion and professionalism. Without doubt, the best hospital I've been treated at, all the staff are to be congratulated. The only downside was the extremely rude nurse who had the right notes, but the wrong patient, who woke me up from a deep sleep to tell me I couldn't drive due to my heart attack. I didn't have a heart attack!
The staff in A & E resus were wonderful - treatment was immediate and the care outstanding.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Stephanie gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

To the Fractures Unit

I would like to put down in writing how grateful I am to all the staff, doctors and nurses who attended to me for my operation under local anaesthetic to set my nail back in my nail bed, after I crushed it in the car door. They were so wonderfully efficient, respectful to the point of saving my wedding and engagement rings which took the surgeon a long time to do before the operation could be carried out.

They were kind, courteous and just wonderful. What a wonderful experience, dedication all round and a superb team. Thank you each and everyone.

Everything was on time, and I always knew what was happening next.

My thanks too for the wonderful doctor who initially patched up my fingernail at A&E was lovely,mefficientnand wondefful too.

Thank you Peterboroiugh, thoroughly first class.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 01 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Thank you for the time taken to praise our staff. It is always a pleasure for them to read such lovely comments. I hope that you are continuing to recover. Kind regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse 22 May 2015