Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The star points above are not really relevant to my comments

A member of my family was referred to Physio department for treatment for a very painful and debilitating physical condition during pregnancy for which the only treatment is physio. Referral was for 6 weeks hence. After phoning physio to ask if it could be brought forward she was told in a very patrionising manner that "it was normal to have pain in pregnancy and most women just get on with it'. That was extremely rude and unhelpful and God help anyone who needs treatment at Peterborough. I will pay for her to go privately to somebody who knows what it is to be caring and considerent of a patient's needs. Point 4 underneath asks for when hospital was visited, this is irrelevant as contact was made by telephone. I am furious at this cavalier attitude as it was not necessary.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

shirleyann gave Respiratory Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 4 stars

my six day 10 out of 10

I was taken into peterborough a&e by 2 great paramedics who did everything to put me at ease, where my treatment started immediately I was then taken to ess ward where my care and treatment from the nurses and doctors was excellent especially a staff nurse, her compassion and care went way above the call of duty, she explained everything clearly to me and kept me informed of my condition and all the treatment I was having. I was then taken to ward b12 on monday evening where the whole team on that ward couldn't be faulted The doctors actually spoke to me about my condition and treatment, I felt I could ask anything and I was given the answers. The only downside and I must apologise to all the whole team I began to get very crabby as the days went on as I cannot stand the hospital food and the only things I ate were brought in by my visitors. I am not a fussy eater but I just didn't like anything on the menu except the jam sponge which I must say was very good.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Mag Ruane gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A and E Wednesday 22nd October

Arrived with a head injury to a busy department , seen after 2 hours which was reasonable in such a busy dept., once triaged seen by a doctor within 30 minutes and examined in privacy very thoroughly . Clear communication about risks and what to do. I am a visitor to Peterborough and was impressed by the quality of medical staff in this A and E - inspired confidence . Thank you.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital

Cardiac Investigations

I have very recently been referred by my GP to this department. I cannot praise highly enough the efficiency and standard of care I received during the various procedures I underwent. Everything was fully explained to me and the Doctor and staff were friendly and caring, with no long waiting times. Well done Peterborough City Hospital.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

DaveS gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceeded our expectations.

The care support my mother and my family received from the Ambulance crew, A and E and the Emergency Short stay ward was exceptional and with great dignity and thoughtfulness.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 30 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Tony Wilks gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elderly Mothers visit to A&E

My elderly mother was taken to A&E last week after a nasty fall .I followed in my car and was surprised and delighted to see her already in a cubicle having already started her treatment. Both my mother and myself have nothing but the most respect and gratitude to the doctor and various nurses who cared for her . Peterborough hospital is an excellent example of the NHS at its very best .A big thank you to all concerned including the ambulance staff who were amazing.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Anonymous gave Haematology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Very poor follow up after surgery.

After surgery told my wife would need a scan, by surgeon to find extent of cancer spread. this did not happen. It is now 4 weeks since surgery and still no sign of scan. Told at last visit this would come through quickly, it has not. we leave messages but calls are not returned when we are at the hospital we are told all the right things but this is not followed up by action.
Do I have to take this matter further.

Could I have your reaction to this matter, face to face would be good.

Thank you.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

Anonymous reviewed Cancer Services at Peterborough City Hospital

Welcoming environment, attentive staff.

Welcoming environment, attentive staff.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

Received fabulous treatment after breaking my wrist. The doctor and his team were first class and i could not have received better care from the private sector. Hospital ward staff caring and professional and attentive. Theatre staff were lovely and put me at ease especially the lovely lady that took me down. Hand therapy staff just the same and so sweet.. The reception staff and cleaners also great. Volunteers so kind when i got lost too! My wrist has healed really well. I am in total awe of how amazing everyone was and how genuinely caring and kind the whole hospital is.

With all the criticism of the nhs how wonderful to be able to report such a great experience especially when you have an accident and are scared and in pain. Huge and heartfelt thank you.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 2 stars

frustrating

A and e dept a nightmare. Fine on my admission but when i went back with numb fingers and painful cast as instructed by nhs direct i was left waiting for hours. No effective triage process and reception staff uncaring and offhand despite me being tearful and in pain. I was told i was next and despite me being last one there new people were going in before me.

I eventually went home in tears and had to wait to ring the plaster room next day for help and a new cast as it was too tight.

They need to see the genuine folk before those there for a family outing eating drinking and chatting on their mobiles.

I was so angry at their attitide to my distress and genuine problem.

Such a pity they let the rest of the hospital down

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014