Peterborough City Hospital

01733 678000 Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton , Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ

James Kudlinski gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Simply the best

My mother recently suffered a stroke. The speed, professionalism and the careing response from all staff ensured no long term serious consequences. The following can only be described as brilliant- first responder paramedics, ambulance crew, A and E reception staff, doctors and nurses in resuscitation, porter and registrar. All played a vital part in ensuring I still have a mum, my sons have their gran and my grand daughters have their great-gran. All in a days work the hospital would probably say but beyond price for us all. Thank you

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 June 2017

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 05 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your mothers admission to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on. I wish your mother well for the future

Alex Heaton gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent car in fracture clinic

I attended the fracture clinic following a referral from the walk-in centre.
I was contacted by phone to advise me of the appointment which was within three days of going to the walk-in centre.
I arrived early for my 11:30 appointment and was actually seen and dealt with by 11:30.
The consultant was polite and friendly and discussed my injury, treatment and prognosis fully. The consultant also said I would be referred for assessment for osteoporosis - not welcome news but entirely appropriate given my age and the nature of my injury.
I was told there was a "bit of a wait" for putting my cast on. In fact, enough time for me to grab a magazine and cup of coffee, but I was still plastered up and out of the hospital within the hour. The member of staff who did the cast was professional and kind, and gave me both verbal and written instructions on aftercare.
I have nothing but praise for all the staff in the department. Well done and thank you.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 09 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Anonymous reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital

Shocked by the lack of care

My Father in law left this ward on Friday in a taxi with end stage cancer ( though not a official diagnosis) he has sat in a room for 5 weeks without a diagnosis to be put in a taxi to come home and all he was given is bottles of protein shakes! No aftercare plan are nothing! 3 days after his discharge he is bed ridden unable to move and we had to get the gp out for any aftercare!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 09 June 2017

I am so sorry to hear about your fathers experience and I am obviously concerned about the comments you have posted. We want to ensure all of our patients receive good quality care and I am disappointed that this is not what happened in your case.

If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01733 673405 who I know would be keen to hear about your experiences we can learn from them. Once again my apologies that your father in laws stay was not as we would wish it to have been.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I have birth to my daughter here in May - via emergency c-section following a long labour. Although the birth wasn't what I wanted, I felt so well looked after by the staff in triage, maternity inpatients, labour ward, theatre (particularly the anaesthetist who was amazing during the surgery), and the transitional care ward.

Thank you!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 21 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our Maternity Unit. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on. Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your daughter

anna craig gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement in Orthopaedic department, ward B7

After a very successful knee replacement operation in June 2016 I had the same operation on my second knee in May 2017, both took place in the Peterborough City Hospital Orthopaedic department. My surgeon performed both operations, before it they explained me everything and after each operation came to the ward to see how I was. All medical staff looking after me provided a highly professional and efficient care accompanied with kindness, patience and empathy for every patient.
My entire stay in the hospital was faultless and well organised from the admission to discharge.
Without hesitation I would recommend the Peterborough City Hospital Orthopaedic department to anybody.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 21 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your treatment at our hospitals. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital

my husband and his treatment

My husband was very ill on bank holiday weekend and i rang for emergency services who came extremely quickly stabilsed him and took him into Med Ass Unit . He had the best of care from both sets of people and for that i am extremely grateful Unfortunately he died a day after the hospital sent him home. But the care he received whilst there was exemplary

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 June 2017

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 21 June 2017

Firstly let me offer you my sincere condolences following your husbands death. I also want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback at what I appreciate must be a difficult time. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Lina & Brian gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident to Mrs Lina Compton 02/05/2017

We were very impressed after suffering an accidental fall whilst shopping at Wilko Peterborough city centre.The East Midland ambulance service & paramedics arrived within 30 min after being called by the Assistant store manager.They were very impressive throughout the whole procedure and ensured that Mrs Compton avoided the discomfort caused by her accident which eventually turned to out to be a fractured humerus ( upper arm bone ) when Xrayed at the Peterborough City Hospital after admission to the Accident & Emergency department.The staff there were also excellent, especially the Senior Practician Nurse. Congratulations to all concerned & our very sincere thanks to all involved One minor problem was the dispensation of the prescribed medication at the Hospital Dispensary but they were under pressure & also very helpflu
Well done and thanks again to the NHS Trust Peterborough City Hospital Accident & Emergency Department
Yours Very Sincerely
Lina & Brian Compton

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 11 May 2017

Dear Mr and Mrs Compton

Thank you for your comments. It will be nice for our staff to receive your positive comments and I will ensure they are passed on

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A credit to the NHS

I can't thank the staff enough for all the kindness and humanity the staff showed my dad. The medical knowledge saved him and the kindness made him recover that much faster. He is currently at Papworth and may be returning to Peterborough city hospital for further treatment.
Everyone one of you are amazing people and my family will always be in awe of your compassion.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Malcolm Smith gave Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Treatment - Endoscopy

In this day and age when the NHS Hospital services are regularly being slated I want to laud the entire treatment that I received from the Endoscopy Team today. The obvious team building that has taken place in this department has clearly resulted in a well rounded experience for patients. Endoscopy can be a scary thing for many irrespective of which part of the body is being looked at! Today, just as my previous visit, I was seen extremely promptly by the reception nurse and quickly shown the clean changing area before going into the procedure Theatre. Once there I was reassured and informed of everything that took place. I was subsequently looked after with care and understanding right up to the point of departure. Whilst the entire visit took only somewhere around 2hrs, I could not have had a better experience. The team leader should be commended for a job well done. Thank you all.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Tough Mudder with fractured finger

Many thanks to the staff who treated me in AE this morning. Eveyone was professional, courteous and dealt with me quickly and efficiently. Much appreciated.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017