Peterborough City Hospital

01733 678000 Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton , Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

worse nightmare

I feel totally left out in my last few visits to the antenatal day unit and triage, my understanding with adu is that although theres appts booked if there is an emergency then they will be given priority which is understandable, however when i went on Friday a man started creating a scene just because he had been waiting for 45 minutes his wifes appt was at 2.30 and mine was at 2 in the end after so much drama they actually took her in first, only because her kids were crying qnd husband was just not capable of waiting and mentioned whoever was before his wife should wait before getting seen and thats exactly what the day unit did.. And i had to wait an extra hour because of such drama. Today someone came in after me and got seen by a consultant after me and i had to wait an extra 1 1/2 hours just to get told i could go home and come for monitoring tomorrow could a consultant not just have told the midwife that before hand because i never managed to see anyone.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 09 July 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 20 July 2016

I am sorry about the problems you are experiencing and if you would like to discuss this in more detail please do contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who may be able to help you. They can be contacted on (01733) 673405. I would urge you to contact us as I know our Head of Midwifery would want to speak to you about your experience.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Extremely noisy ward with no respect for other patients

My wife recently spent time on a ward after an emergency admission. Up to that point, A&E Resus and MAU everything was brilliant, great staff treatment and consideration. But the medical ward was a different environment. Don't get me wrong the doctors and nursing staff were very good at medical care but the absolute hell of other people's televisions on loud all day and until 1 AM was so stressful that her consultant said she would recover better in a quieter and more peaceful environment. No one cared about the noise and distress it caused her or even told other patients to turn the televisions down. Why is it not compulsory to use headphones in multi-bed wards? Pure bedlam and not conducive to recovery.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 17 July 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 20 July 2016

Thank you for your posting. I will pass this through to the Lead Nurse for that area as we are able to provide patients with headphones but clearly this did not happen on this occasion for which Ii would like to apologise. Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff which will be passed on as well.

regards

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Feedback

I have been waiting about 5 months to see dermatologist and that was quick appointment as opted to travel to Stamford. Very pleasant nurse greeted me and waiting time was next to none. However, when I went to see consultant I was for a biggest shock of my life. I was basically told that I am wasting their time. I suffer for the last 12 years from psoriatic arthritis and my psoriasis was always well controlled but in the last year got really bad. My legs are covered in big patches and the rest of my body is also affected. My rheumatologist written to my GP and asked for referral to dermatologist as they felt I should be seen by one. Rheumatologist put me on medication and that is working already but I did not expected to be humiliated. They did not ask me relevant questions, they did not see any of my affected areas and decided that I am not really in need of seeing consultant. Why does NHS employ such people? No manners, no interest in patient but possibly in NHS salary only. Should they try to earn their living by working in the factory and then they would value their work and treat their patients with respect. Very disappointed patient.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 20 July 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 21 July 2016

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and I am obviously concerned about the comments you have posted. We want to ensure all of our patients receive good quality care and I am disappointed that, from what you have told us, this appears not to have happened in your case.

If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on (01733) 673405. Once again my apologies that your visit was not as you had hoped it would be.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Alastair Chambers gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admission Tuesdau 1 - 6 -16

I was admitted to A&E Tuesday direct from my GP's.
The treatment was very good in my opinion, an ambulance arrived quickly, I was assessed in A&E then moved to a bed in MAU.
Everyone with whom I dealt , was courteous, professional and very helpful.
Happily it turned out to be nothing too serious and after tests, including a CT scan I was able to go home the following day.
If you have to be hospitalised then this definitely the hospital to be in.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 06 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Roger Jones gave Dermatology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Treatment

The staff member who showed me into the consulting room and the Dr were superb. Although I only had a very minor procedure the service was excellent and all credit to the hospital and staff

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 28 June 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 29 June 2016

Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care In Ultrasound Department

I was called into the ultrasound room within a minute of booking in and was greated by the sonographer who was extremely polite and informative treating me with dignity and respect. My husband sat in as im a wheelchair user and the sonographer was aware of information governance and changed the position of the pc screen to protect patient confidentiality. The scan was completed in a few minutes and the sonographer explained their findings fully.

Well done for what i can only described and excellent and very efficient service.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 29 June 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement on 23 June 2016

Total knee replacement on 23 June - very good experience in every way. Cleanness of the ward, highly professional staff full of empathy and always ready to help. Surgeon patiently explained me everything before operation and came every day to the ward after operation to ask how I was. I will probably need the knee replacement for another knee and I would like to have it performed again in this orthopaedic unit in the City hospital Peterborough.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 20 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your stay in our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital

cardiology referral time

I saw a cardiologist just over a week ago who refereed me to Papworth for a MRI scan I find out today that its not yet been sent and was told that it could be up to another week before it is sent. Add that to Papworths 13 week wait time and thats 15 weeks.I don't find this delay at all acceptable - we are dealing with hearts, not big toes.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 08 July 2016

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit

Excellent care by all staff on the day surgery unit. Good communication and involved in all decisions about my care. Staff in theatre made me feel safe and cared for explaining everything to me.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 08 June 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 09 June 2016

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynie

After having two bad experiences at another hospital I chose to transfer to the gynie department of Peterborough. My whole experience of the hospital, from talking to appointments, and then being able to talk to the department about my procedure, and going for the appointment - my goodness they are impressive. Even the procedure being done, where it had been traumatic at the other hospital, was so different and I have no fear of it being done again. The doctor and the nurse was so kind and caring and I found this when I went to another department there some time back. I would choose Peterborough every time!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 10 June 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 13 June 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments and I will ensure they are passed onto the relevant staff. I am pleased that your faith in the NHS has been restored.