Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Kate Austen gave Maternity service at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity

I would like to say a huge thank you for all the help and support I received from the midwives and doctors. I could not fault the actions of the staff during my labour.

I had to stay in for 3 nights after giving birth and all the midwives were amazing and incredibly helpful. A special thank you to the breast feeding support staff, who without their guidance I would not have been able to continue to breast feed.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 22 April 2014

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiac investigation & pacemaker insertion

I really cannot thank and compliment enough all members of the cardiology department working alongside the doctor for their care, kindness and absolute professionalism from the start of my cardiac investigation to the insertion of a pacemaker. All members of staff were so approachable and considerate that I felt able, at all times, able to ask questions and no matter how simple the answers they were given in such a way that I felt confident in everything that was happening.

Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff from the consultant to the porters.

Based on previous experiences at other hospitals I cannot compliment the Stamford & Peterborough Trust enough for their staff, standard of service, cleanliness and level of care.

Thank you so much.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 09 April 2014

Anthony Jolley gave Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pharmacy

They are so slow waited 1.5 hours for my drugs been there 3 times why can not the doctors issue a prescription that we can get outside hospital and wait 5 minutes terrible service
1 out of a thousand

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 06 April 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Women's Health Ward

I was admitted to the ward for observation after a miscarriage. I can't speak highly enough of the nurses and doctors who looked after me in A &E and then on the ward. All the staff were sensitive, caring and could not have looked after me any better.I would like to thank all the staff who help me through a very difficult and upsetting 12 hours, you were amazing!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 03 April 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Rosemary Wesley gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wish all hospitals were as good.

My partner was admitted to Peterborough Hospital as an emergency, he could not have been better looked after. He certainly has strong praise for all the staff who attended him. Well done and thanks for your kindness.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 31 March 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 3 stars

A&E experience

My mum was taken into A&E after a fall by ambulance (who were fantastic). We had a fairly short wait to be seen - around an hour. So far so good. Then saw doctor and were sent to x-ray. The doctor said her shoulder was partially dislocated but not fractured. So they gave her gas and air and tried to replace the shoulder. Despite the gas and air she screamed the place down. He spoke to the consultant, put her arm in a sling and sent her for another x-ray. The doctor then came back and said the first x-ray had been fuzzy and they hadn't seen a fracture. I don't know why they didn't immediately x-ray it again if they couldn't see properly. Went to the fracture clinic 5 days later, and consultant said that you can't partially dislocate a shoulder, and it was only a fracture. Not impressed with all the pain caused by a&E doctor

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 19 March 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Neil Franklin gave Sleep Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Second ankle arthroscopy operation.

Just returned home after being given the "all clear" after my second ankle arthroscopy (fusion) operation. Signed off now and can only say that my experience over the last three years with the two fusion operations were second to none. I was worried before the first op, having never been in a hospital operating theatre, but those worries were totally unfounded.
Would recommend Peterborough City Orthopaedic team to anyone. After two ops over the three years and numerous subsequent visits that these entail, I do not think I could have been treated any better. The only blip was the last operation being postponed for seven days, but some things, such as emergencies cannot be foretold.
Many thanks to all the staff.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 18 March 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Such good care

I was admitted for a prolapse repair and removal of ovaries March 2014. From the moment I arrived I was treated by friendly, professionals who explained everything to me very clearly. I was in a 4 bedded room which was spacious and comfortable. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the nursing staff, who were caring and highly professional with a friendly attitude towards their patients, and each other. I was very relaxed and comfortable, and also enjoyed the food!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 16 March 2014

Dave Parker reviewed Ear, Nose & Throat at Peterborough City Hospital

Hospital Feedback.

Went in for a nose operation and since have now had 3 separate infections.No one seems a bit interested in the pain I am in all any one seems interested in is freeing up the beds for the next poor sole. Please don't use this hospital if you want any care.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 15 March 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care ...

I was an emergency admission, suffering, as it turned out, from a 'non-specific respiratory tract infection'. I remained in hospital for 5/6 days. Although the specific cause of my problems could not be identified, I was kept consistently informed of all tests etc that were tsking place. All the medical staff were excellent. Fortunately antibiotics (and the other things such as drips!) sorted me out.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 14 March 2014