Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Haematology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Very poor follow up after surgery.

After surgery told my wife would need a scan, by surgeon to find extent of cancer spread. this did not happen. It is now 4 weeks since surgery and still no sign of scan. Told at last visit this would come through quickly, it has not. we leave messages but calls are not returned when we are at the hospital we are told all the right things but this is not followed up by action.
Do I have to take this matter further.

Could I have your reaction to this matter, face to face would be good.

Thank you.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Tony Wilks gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elderly Mothers visit to A&E

My elderly mother was taken to A&E last week after a nasty fall .I followed in my car and was surprised and delighted to see her already in a cubicle having already started her treatment. Both my mother and myself have nothing but the most respect and gratitude to the doctor and various nurses who cared for her . Peterborough hospital is an excellent example of the NHS at its very best .A big thank you to all concerned including the ambulance staff who were amazing.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

caroline gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A& E Broken leg 20/08/2014

The above was dealt with very well, regarding a full leg temp plaster apart from when i was offered crutches, i was told if you can't use them without weight baring on the broken leg, your not going home. i was then offered a wheel chair with a porter, to get my prescription, then left there, i was in tears and so much pain, i left my prescription with the Pharmacy to be collected the following day by my elderly Mother, i then had to make my way to the main reception on my own, on crutches 1st time ever, i asked the lady if she could call a number for me, to be collected by a friend as i had no credit left on my phone, she reluctantly agreed and said what's the number? i had to fumble about whilst trying to keep my broken leg safe and up right whilst looking for the number required, it was to much trouble for her, i also said can you pass the phone please once it's ringing, as i couldn't get to the other side of the desk, thank the lord that my friend answered the phone and came and collected me, so from A&E on wards no help at all.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 06 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Eddie topping gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Gallstones

On the 27th of december i began to exp right upper quadrant pain, i knew that it was my gall bladder straight away as i work in the clincal department in the nhs. My gp confirmed this, she rang up pch and told them that i was on my way.
When i arrived i told the receptionist that i was expected, she rang the on call med reg who said that no one had spoke to him, she told that i wasnt expected and i need to take a seat.
I waited 75 minutes to be seen then a nurse called me through, she commented that i looked in pain but said that i should have taken pain relief. I told her that i have been taking pain relief for three days at regular intervals, she shugged he shoulders and told me to go into a cubicle.
A dr came in to see me and commented that i was in pain, but no pain relief offered, this happened three times. A porter then told me he was taking me for a scan, i told him that i needed pain relief first,so he drew the curtains and said "please yourself".
Eventually after two hours being in a&e i was cannulated and given iv morphine. I was relieved from pain for about 20 mins, when i asked for somemore pain relief i was asked was i a junkie.
I informed them that i was a paramedic and i knew what pain relief i needed, as soon as the staff realised this there attitude changed.
I was dusgusted with the service in accident and emergency. I wrote to pals, ceo and the head of a&e and 9 months later i have still not had a reply.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 04 September 2014

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Took forever

Between the remarks of "you'l have to come back, that machine is operated by someone on holiday" to "I cant find your records" etc, I went private, had 18 months of dozens of scans, two operations and was discharged before PB NHS did their 8th scan and discharged me because OE had fixed the problem.

People will go blind with delays like this.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

MJ gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Diabetes Support

I found that I was not consulted on decisions that were made by my consultant. Neither did my consultant of the team bother to give me the results & decision of their musings (after a month or so, I had to keep calling the secretary to find out) They eventually wrote to me.

Very disappointed with the communication from the diabetes team at Peterborough. If I had a choice to move somewhere else, I would. Unfortunately, Peterborough is my only practical choice. In conclusion, very poor at communication.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 01 September 2014

Mr Butler gave Ophthalmology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Patiets are just sheets of paper.

I am diabetic and was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes. I had an operation for the left eye early in 2014 and have since been forgotten. E-mails are ignored and a letter from my doctor was totally misread as a request for a first eye examination. I am not a person, I am just a file of papers , stamped as somehow complete, and put back into some archive.

This message will also be ignored.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 31 August 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

One condescending doctor and other student??

I went to A&E today, Bank Holiday Monday, with a suspected broken toe after walking into a heavy wooden chair leg. While I am aware this is not serious nevertheless I was in pain and could hardly stand let alone walk. I had my small child with me too. We waited 2.5 hours, which I was kind of expecting (perhaps not quite so long!) as more serious/vulnerable cases are usually prioritised, so that was fine. However while waiting I noticed one doctor being quite condescending and rude to a middle aged man in full earshot of the whole waiting room, I think the man had simply enquired how long it might be until he was seen and he'd been there over 2.5 hours. This female doctor was very rude and snappy to him and I felt it was completely unnecessary ; it was clear she either did not want to be there or was on some sort of power trip! I think we all felt for the man, who was clearly taken aback. The doctor came out a couple more times and was impatient and unfriendly. When finally I was called through I saw this doctor too. I felt she had a poor manner, seemed quite unsympathetic and curt with me, and made feel quite uncomfortable, making a comment about not having had any slippers on when I damaged my toe. I was X rayed and then told to wait again. Another 30 minutes passed by which time my child had had enough and was tired and hungry. I approached the minor injuries desk and a doctor said she'd look at the X-ray, she was very nice but seemed to be training as she had to consult others about my X ray. Finally she brought a rather rude bossy nurse to strap my toe. I waited for her to come back as she said she'd get me some analgesics and I heard the nurse say to her "what does she want now?" then she told me I'd have to buy some from the shop (at 7pm on bank holiday Monday). I can't drive now or walk! I was given no information about how I would be contacted to attend the fracture clinic, I had to ask the desk on my way out. I realise staff are overworked but I'd expect doctors and nurses to be a little more approachable and have better people skills really. The area I was seen in was grubby too considering the hospital us relatively new. I'd suggest going to the City Care Centre unless you have a real emergency!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 25 August 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Steph Davys gave Maternity service at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't have asked for better care!

I was made to feel so comfortable and cared for when in PCH for induction of labour for my twins. It was my 3rd day /4th night when the consultants decided that a emergency c-section would be the best option as my labour wouldn't continue. During the section my babies were delivered fine and healthy and the midwives were fantastic at keeping me involved. Unfortunately there were complications and I then lost a lot of blood and required a transfusion. Everyone in theatre tried to keep me informed and as comfortable as possible. After theatre the midwives were extremely helpful with my 2 new bundles of joy, changing and feeding when needed and helping me breastfeed them. I am aware that this is a normal day to day thing for midwives but the support from them was truly exceptional and I cannot thank them enough.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 August 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

jacqsmac gave Respiratory Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

first class 5* hospital

My husband Peter has just spent the last 2wks on ward B12. From the very start his treatment and staffing levels have been better than any private hospital could provide. Every one is so helpful and so caring, the food is first class and nothing is too much trouble. a big big big thank you to the consultant and the entire team of staff on B12, l don't know where we would have been without any of you

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014