Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Daniel White gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The care on the children's ward was exceptional

I was told to go to the hospital by my gp due to a high temperature I was suffering from after returning from a voluntary trip in Ghana building an orphanage. I was in an isolation ward as a precaution due to speculation about the current outbreak of ebola in West Africa, and I was their first patient back from a West African country (Ghana is low-risk country for getting ebola) and I received excellent care from every member of staff who saw me.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

chris gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ae department

What I liked

i just wish to thank the lady on AE at aprox 0336 in the morning i was despratly looking for my daughter and this lady couldnt have bin moor helpfull i thank you so so much

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 16 November 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Hilary Blunt gave Surgery - Breast at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Prolonged stay after slight complications after breast op

I have nothing but the utmost praise for the consultant, doctors and all the staff, right from the top to the bottom for all their care, kindness and attention to detail during my longer than anticipated stay in Peterborough City Hospitall. All, without exception, were kind, patient and considerate; all had a good sense of humour; there were some very difficult patients in the ward at times, including two I think ‘frequent fliers’, totally blatant hypochondriacs even to a layman like me, but their kindness even to these time wasters was boundless! Thank you all so very much for everything.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 28 October 2014

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The star points above are not really relevant to my comments

A member of my family was referred to Physio department for treatment for a very painful and debilitating physical condition during pregnancy for which the only treatment is physio. Referral was for 6 weeks hence. After phoning physio to ask if it could be brought forward she was told in a very patrionising manner that "it was normal to have pain in pregnancy and most women just get on with it'. That was extremely rude and unhelpful and God help anyone who needs treatment at Peterborough. I will pay for her to go privately to somebody who knows what it is to be caring and considerent of a patient's needs. Point 4 underneath asks for when hospital was visited, this is irrelevant as contact was made by telephone. I am furious at this cavalier attitude as it was not necessary.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 15 October 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

shirleyann gave Respiratory Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 4 stars

my six day 10 out of 10

I was taken into peterborough a&e by 2 great paramedics who did everything to put me at ease, where my treatment started immediately I was then taken to ess ward where my care and treatment from the nurses and doctors was excellent especially a staff nurse, her compassion and care went way above the call of duty, she explained everything clearly to me and kept me informed of my condition and all the treatment I was having. I was then taken to ward b12 on monday evening where the whole team on that ward couldn't be faulted The doctors actually spoke to me about my condition and treatment, I felt I could ask anything and I was given the answers. The only downside and I must apologise to all the whole team I began to get very crabby as the days went on as I cannot stand the hospital food and the only things I ate were brought in by my visitors. I am not a fussy eater but I just didn't like anything on the menu except the jam sponge which I must say was very good.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Mag Ruane gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A and E Wednesday 22nd October

Arrived with a head injury to a busy department , seen after 2 hours which was reasonable in such a busy dept., once triaged seen by a doctor within 30 minutes and examined in privacy very thoroughly . Clear communication about risks and what to do. I am a visitor to Peterborough and was impressed by the quality of medical staff in this A and E - inspired confidence . Thank you.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Simone Shields gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Level of care!

I was admitted via the Minor Injuries unit back in September after slipping on a wet drain cover. Within an hour of being seen, I was rushed through A & E to Resus where I had my broken ankle reduced.
After that, I was taken up to the Orthopaedic ward where I had my own room with en-suite. That evening, I met the Consultant who explained what needed to be done and that I would be going down for surgery the following day.
I found the nurses to be very attentive however when I needed assistance, I felt like I waited a while and there was a faulty call button which went off all night so hindered any chance of sleeping.
After the surgery, I spent a day in my own room after which I was moved onto a ward with 3 other women which wasn't as nice as having my own room and I found it to be claustrophobic.
The cleaning staff was very attentive too.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 31 October 2014

JHB reviewed Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital

Map of hospital

This hospital is large and on several floors. Where is the map showing the location of each department? If one is to get to an appointment on time, then a map of where to go would obviously be helpful.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 31 October 2014

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital

Cardiac Investigations

I have very recently been referred by my GP to this department. I cannot praise highly enough the efficiency and standard of care I received during the various procedures I underwent. Everything was fully explained to me and the Doctor and staff were friendly and caring, with no long waiting times. Well done Peterborough City Hospital.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

DaveS gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceeded our expectations.

The care support my mother and my family received from the Ambulance crew, A and E and the Emergency Short stay ward was exceptional and with great dignity and thoughtfulness.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 30 September 2014