Peterborough City Hospital

01733 678000 Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton , Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit

Excellent care by all staff on the day surgery unit. Good communication and involved in all decisions about my care. Staff in theatre made me feel safe and cared for explaining everything to me.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 08 June 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 09 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynie

After having two bad experiences at another hospital I chose to transfer to the gynie department of Peterborough. My whole experience of the hospital, from talking to appointments, and then being able to talk to the department about my procedure, and going for the appointment - my goodness they are impressive. Even the procedure being done, where it had been traumatic at the other hospital, was so different and I have no fear of it being done again. The doctor and the nurse was so kind and caring and I found this when I went to another department there some time back. I would choose Peterborough every time!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 10 June 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 13 June 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments and I will ensure they are passed onto the relevant staff. I am pleased that your faith in the NHS has been restored.

Deputy Chief Nurse

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disgustingly long wait

We arrived at 11.45am after an urgent GP referral. We got through triage quickly but then had to sit in a cubicle in Minors until 3.30pm. A man was brought in and put on a drip in front of us. A phlebotomist put their tray of needles etc on top of a bin and was about to take bloods from my partner and I said that was inappropriate. The phlebotomist was surprised !! My partner was really poorly and was admitted to a ward at 9.30pm that evening. Disgraceful. Even worse was the row of trolleys, possibly 10 or more, that were in the corridor - people bought in by ambulance who had to wait to be "processed". It was a busy day but as the first doctor said "Apologies for the wait but there was nothing we could do. And you are being seen now " Neither of us had said a word about the wait. Disgraceful PCH. Get your act together.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

Jim Phillips reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital

staff performance

My Wife has just spent a week in ward b12, i cannot praise high enough the treatment and care she received from all of the staff, from cleaners to consultants. Well done ward 12B and Peterborough City Hospital!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 16 June 2016

ReallyFedUp reviewed Peterborough City Hospital

All under control

Follow-up appointment in Haemotology-Oncology with Angello and team was great. No fuss or bother, just friendly, thoughtful, skilful treatment with a joke or two along the way. Angello took time to do the procedure, checking at each step all was ok - reassuring and listening, too. Well done!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Maxi gave Diagnostic Imaging at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

visited Diagnostic Imaging at 11am on 17.06.2016.

Very, very good.

Met by two lovely, professional people on reception. I booked in early and was even home by 11am...brilliant!

The person taking the X-ray was very kind, and very efficient. The changing room was spotless (I didn't need a gown) but I did have a look at them, and the cleanliness as I didn't need to change. It was immaculate. The staff were brilliant.

Thank you to my brilliant gastroenterologist for organising cameras and transit tests. Thank you to the appointments system for organising in a timely manner, although slightly out of sync because of one test needing laxatives and the other not needing them. Still sorted out very efficiently though.

The whole experience of the Gastro department staff, operating theatre staff and X-ray has been second to none. Well done to this department. The organisation in Gastro dept is brilliant, one that other departments should try to emulate.

Charley gave Gynaecology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynae Appointment

The staff at this hospital deserve acknowledgement. I've had several appointments here to see specialists about gynaecological issues I'm having. They have been attentive, listened and offered help and solutions. Compared with the care I've received at others hospitals where I felt ignored or fobbed off, I finally feel Peterborough is a wonderful hospital and should be proud of this. Keep up the good work nurses, doctors, receptionists, cleaners and anyone else who works here - you make me proud to have an NHS. Thank you for providing such excellent care.

Sam G gave Urology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Womens and childrens Outpatient Dept

I attended this department having been referred by my GP on Thursday 16th June for urological studies. The specialist nurse who attended to me was so polite, calm and reassuring through what could be a series of very embarrassing investigations. They completely put me at rest and had such a pleasant manner about them, I am sure you can figure out who they were and please pass on my personal thanks. The whole process was smooth ,organised in a very clean environment. I witnessed aseptic technique ( you can tell I am also a nurse) and thorough hand washing techniques. I was extremely impressed and would have no hesitation in attending this hospital again. Thank you

Jacqui gave Urology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant credit to the NHS

My Mum was admitted to Peterborough Hospital last Monday night on request of the Doctor from the Urology Department. After an initial mix up which found us waiting in the Accident and Energency Department for an unnecessary hour Mum was seen by the Doctor and finally admitted to a bed in The Women's and Children's Unit at 1am. The Nurses on this unit are wonderful so professional and caring a credit to the NHS. Mum was finally transferred to the Urology ward this morning to await her operation on Wednesday morning. The nurses seem okay so far on this ward apart from one who was rude with us today about visiting hours, no need in front of my Mum who is stressed enough waiting for her operation! The hospital I would completely recommend with the welfare of their patients completely at the forefront,

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 June 2016

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Alastair Chambers gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admission Tuesdau 1 - 6 -16

I was admitted to A&E Tuesday direct from my GP's.
The treatment was very good in my opinion, an ambulance arrived quickly, I was assessed in A&E then moved to a bed in MAU.
Everyone with whom I dealt , was courteous, professional and very helpful.
Happily it turned out to be nothing too serious and after tests, including a CT scan I was able to go home the following day.
If you have to be hospitalised then this definitely the hospital to be in.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016