Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Anonymous reviewed Ophthalmology at Peterborough City Hospital

opthalmology department is let down by admin dept.for the se

twononice recently I have wasted time by turning up tofind my notes have gone astray.on another occasion I received an afternoon appointment to be told the treatment iattend for is only carried out in the mornings.why doesent different departments liase with each other..

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

I am so sorry for the problems you have experienced and if you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact our PALS department on 01733 673405.
Regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Cheif Nurse

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergenc

Thank you to everyone who I encountered today. Although you were obviously busy you treated me as the only person in there.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

Thank you for posting such lovely comments I will ensure they are shared with the staff concerned. They are a very busy department and I know they will be pleased to read your kind words. I hope you are feeling better and I wish you well for the future
Kind regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse

Paula rossi reviewed Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital

In safe hands!

I had a minor procedure at City hospital last week and other than a long wait in the daycare unit my treatment was fantastic. I was made to feel very relaxed and as comfortable as possible by my surgeon. The staff were extremely polite in theatre as well is on the ward. My pre theatre chat with my surgeon about the procedure was explained very clearly and thorough
I had seen the surgeon previously in clinic on a couple of occasions and they installed me with confidence and reassurance as much as they possibly could with my health issue..
As much as I know hospitals aren't pleasant places to be my time there was comfortable.
I would like to thank all the staff on 23hour ward as well as my surgeon.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 30 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

Thank you for posting such lovely comments I will ensure they are shared with the staff concerned. I hope you are feeling better and I wish you well for the future
Kind regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse

Nicman gave General Surgery at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admission

Poor start, sent to the wrong are, but nothing but kindness, quality care, and good staff from then till discharge.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 30 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

David Philllips gave Cardiology at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

27 May 2015. Attended for cardioversion.

The whole experience from start to finish was excellent. First class care, very professional staffing and nothing was left unexplained by the highly efficient staff. I felt very confident about the procedure which could have been daunting to a nonprofessional individual like myself. I would like to congratulate the staff on their standards and professionalism and to thank them for looking after me so well. Many thanks to you all.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 05 June 2015

I am so sorry to hear that you have been poorly but I am so pleased to hear that you are now feeling better. I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed onto the relevant staff.
Regards
Acting Deputy Chief Nurse

Julie gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My daughters accident - broken wrist !

On the 8th of May my daughter had a scooter accident before school. I knew it was bad instantly. I took her straight to minor injuries & saw a wonderful nurse. After X-Rays & a cast being fitted the nurse made a phone call to orthopaedics as it was looking like she needed surgery - they even wheeled my daughter to our car as she had cut all her leg too. A & E were great with Gracie & sorted her pain straight away. By 2pm Gracie was in theatre, & I could relax. The staff in recovery, pre med, & on the Amazon ward were fab!! My daughter's experience of hospital was relaxed, dignified & kind. Very professional staff. Thank you. Julie

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 28 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 05 June 2015

I am so sorry to hear about Gracie’s accident and as a Mum can fully appreciate how worrying this must have been for you. I am however so pleased that her experience at the hospital was good and I will ensure your lovely comments are shared with the relevant staff. I hope that Gracie is continuing to recover following her accident
Acting Deputy Chief Nurse

ros114 gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service...Thank you so much

Recently attended an appointment with my father. We saw a doctor in the ENT department, and we have nothing but praise for the doctor and the nurse with them. They were professional and friendly and to top it off had a great sense of humour which really helped as it put us at ease.

Thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 01 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 05 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. I will ensure it is passed onto the relevant staff. I hope that you father is feeling better.

Tony Wilks gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent hospital,the NHS at its best!

My mother was admitted to A&E on Saturday May 2nd.From the excellent ambulance crew to the doctor and nurse who examined my mother I have nothing but praise.
My mother is 98 but was shown respect and compassion by all your staff. Wards A1 and B1 also showed outstanding care and professionalism. Our family thanks to you all.
Peterborough NHS hospital is a magnificent example of what the system can achieve when given an amazing building and outstanding staff.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 08 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Thank you for your lovely comments. I will ensure that they are passed onto the relevant staff. I do hope that your mother is now recovering regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse 22 May 2015

J Carter gave Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Orthopaedics TRHR

Admitted on May 12th 2015 for total right hip replacement. I would like to thank the surgeon and team, and the staff on B7 for their care and expertise. I have been home now 5 days, some pain and stiffness which is expected but each day gets a little better and the awful hip pain has gone.
Cleanliness and food second to none throughout the hospital, thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 20 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 05 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments and I will ensure they are passed onto the relevant teams. I do hope you are continuing to recover after your operation
Lesley Crosby
Acting Deputy Chief Nurse.

john smith gave Surgery - Vascular at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 1 stars

just a telephone call away

outpatient treatment usually starts with a telephone call - i have called on numerous occasions without much satisfaction. it starts by waiting in a queue to be told how long the queue is, a wait of 15 - 20 minutes is usual, and after waiting i was transferred to another call queue which cut me off. This is not a one off!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 21 May 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 05 June 2015

I was sorry to read your posting and I would really like to discuss this with you in person. With that in mind could you contact me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk so we can arrange a suitable time to chat. My apologies again for the distress caused to you
Regards