Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

Peterborough City Hospital

Telephone: 01733 678000
Address: Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ
Website: http://www.peterboroughandstamford.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Spot on walk & A&E service

Went to pboro walk in with my mum last night.
Spot on service from the reception then the nurse and the 2 ambulance men. Then onto a&e who again although were very busy treated my mind well and kept us informed. End result was good and mum is back on the tablets she needs.
Thanks from us all xx

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 11 August 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Early Pregnancy Unit

Thank you to all staff involved. The nurse very friendly, helpful knowledgeable and put me at ease. Reception and ultrasound staff friendly. Efficient service from ringing with symptoms in the morning and having had a scan and being reviewed afterwards by 11am.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 24 August 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Ian Forshaw gave General Surgery at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Day Treatment Unit

From the moment I arrived at the DTU at 07.30 until I left at 17.30, I was fortunate to see a well-oiled, professional and friendly team at work. Everything was explained clearly to me (more than once) and the small folder at my chairside gave me even more info.
I was made aware of the list and that it could be anyttime up to 12.30 until I had my op. So I came prepared.
Thank you very much to all the lovely staff in the DTU.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Breast Surgery Unit July 2015

I arrived with quite a lot of anxiety because of the nature of the visit but I was immediately put at ease by the friendliness of the staff. Although the Clinic was full the staff worked efficiently and we were all treated with respect and dignity. Thank you for all your care and support.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 17 July 2015

Peterborough City Hospital has not yet replied.

Peter Lander gave Surgery - Vascular at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

hernia repair

I have just undergone an inguigal hernia repair.
I have to say that the lead up to the operation was long,painful and traumatic through to pre-op due to staff not reading notes correctly
never the less on 13th July 2015 1 met with the surgeon pre op and they went through the procedure in detail and operated that afternoon
the operation was carried out with a spinal block due to other health reasons and I am more than delighted with the outcome
the operation was virtually pain free,recovery very efficient as were the ward staff but all credit goes to the surgeon and their team
The surgeon is a very competent and professional surgeon and i have had very little pain after surgery and 1 week later the wound is almost healed and the scar is minimal

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 19 July 2015

Fabulous experience

I was admitted to MAU from the Walk in Centre and was then the next day moved to the Cardiology ward. I did have to wait quite a long time before I was shown to the MAU ward but after my husband reminded reception staff that we were still waiting we were moved very quickly, so possibly just a hiccup. Both wards was very clean and comfortable and I was made welcome by absolutely everyone wearing an NHS badge. I liked the way that we only had to choose one meal at a time and loved the vegetarian options. The only thing that would have been nice was to have the possibility of choosing a larger hot drink if required when drinks were being served. Almost every member of staff made a point of saying hello and introducing themselves by name; something which makes such a difference when you are in a strange environment . I was well cared for and felt that I was in very good hands. The cleanliness of the ward was excellent as was the food. Nursing and medical staff offered timely, kind and professional care and nothing was too much trouble. I have a long standing medical condition and I felt I was listened to very patiently and that my views were valued. The Dr's gave me plenty of information which allowed me to make informed choices and both medical and nursing staff were happy to repeat information if necessary. I can't thank them enough and don't think they could have done anything to improve my stay. I feel very blessed to have been cared for so wonderfully. What a wonderful NHS we have! Thank you.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 26 July 2015

Anonymous reviewed Ophthalmology at Peterborough City Hospital

opthalmology department is let down by admin dept.for the se

twononice recently I have wasted time by turning up tofind my notes have gone astray.on another occasion I received an afternoon appointment to be told the treatment iattend for is only carried out in the mornings.why doesent different departments liase with each other..

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

I am so sorry for the problems you have experienced and if you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact our PALS department on 01733 673405.
Regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Cheif Nurse

Emergenc

Thank you to everyone who I encountered today. Although you were obviously busy you treated me as the only person in there.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

Thank you for posting such lovely comments I will ensure they are shared with the staff concerned. They are a very busy department and I know they will be pleased to read your kind words. I hope you are feeling better and I wish you well for the future
Kind regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse

Paula rossi reviewed Orthopaedics at Peterborough City Hospital

In safe hands!

I had a minor procedure at City hospital last week and other than a long wait in the daycare unit my treatment was fantastic. I was made to feel very relaxed and as comfortable as possible by my surgeon. The staff were extremely polite in theatre as well is on the ward. My pre theatre chat with my surgeon about the procedure was explained very clearly and thorough
I had seen the surgeon previously in clinic on a couple of occasions and they installed me with confidence and reassurance as much as they possibly could with my health issue..
As much as I know hospitals aren't pleasant places to be my time there was comfortable.
I would like to thank all the staff on 23hour ward as well as my surgeon.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 30 June 2015

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

Thank you for posting such lovely comments I will ensure they are shared with the staff concerned. I hope you are feeling better and I wish you well for the future
Kind regards Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse

Nicman gave General Surgery at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admission

Poor start, sent to the wrong are, but nothing but kindness, quality care, and good staff from then till discharge.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 30 June 2015

Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 August 2015

Firstly my apologies for the poor start that you had but I am reassured your visit did improve. I would like to wish you well for the future.

Patient Opinion Logo