Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Telephone: 020 8487 6000
Address: Roehampton Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5PN
Website: https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk

Inka gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Cut Off Finger (nearly!)

The nurse was amazing! Very patient with me, and very professional. Their colleague who assisted with the anesthetic was very skillful and very sweet. The end of my finger is now safely stitched back in place and I am much calmer.

Thank you for everything - I was in and out in less than an hour with the dangling tip of my finger re-attached. Very, very good service, really couldn't have made it better in any way.

Well Done!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) has not yet replied.

Bahnstormer gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 4 stars

pretty decent for the basics

Reception staff and care staff all seems really decent: competent and friendly. There was a bit of a wait (~50mins), but I was a low priority (dressings change), so was ready to wait and they had advised it was going to be approx 1hr. While waiting I saw the reception staff handle a variety of different situations, including a distressed mother with an ill child - they seemed to cope very well and offered a well balanced mix of "can do" approach, caveated by the the fact that they are only a minor injuries walk-in centre, so might not be able to assist with everything.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 August 2014

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 3 stars

Reception staff leave alot to be desired

I have been to Queen Mary's Hospital several times for various reasons and I cannot fault the nurses and physiotherapists I have seen. However, myself and my partner have both received very bad customer service from the reception staff. From tutting to implying we were wasting their time, I am yet to have a good experience which is disappointing given that they are the first point of contact.
I called today to ask about a referral and after I explained my query to the receptionist, who said nothing, tutted and then the line went dead. It turned out that my call had been directed, needless to say to the wrong department, but had said nothing to me to explain what the receptionist was doing or to ask which department I may have needed.
I realise staff are very busy but politeness and giving your patients the time of day should still be important.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 04 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 05 August 2014

We are very disappointed to read your description of the service you received. If you would like to talk to the manager about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help. If we had the opportunity to discuss your experience it would help us make improvements.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 4 stars

Over payment of car park tariff

The radiology department was very efficient and I was seen straight away and out within 15 minutes. When validating my car park ticket I was charged £1.70 and on examining the ticket after paying, the time stamp verified that I had been under 15 minutes which qualified for " no charge" . I then spoke to a man through he help button who refused to refund my money. He explained I should have proceeded to the exit barrier without paying but this is not highlighted on the parking tariff notice. When I pointed this out to him he said that I should have used the help button to verify the time I had spent in the car park, thus changing his mind on the correct procedure to adopt. He placed the blame on me for paying, despite their being no clear guidance on the necessity to calculate the time spent/tariff in the car park oneself.
I wonder how many more people have fallen into this trap assuming the machine will correctly work out the charge payable and assume no charge if under 15 minutes. It is very misleading and fraudulent and the machine should be changed to rectify this or a notice to the same effect.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital, Minor injuries unit. We are pleased to learn about your positive experiences but sorry to read about your experience with the car parking. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, please contact PALS either by email - pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or by telephone on 020 8725 2453.

David gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Attending The Urology Department

I was refer to the Urology department by my GP for possible Prostate Cancer.

I was treated extremely well on the 3 occasions I had to attend. I would not have had better care privately.

All staff were very understanding and very helpful.

All in all, my thanks to the NHS.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 26 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 27 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton. We are very pleased to read that you found the staff very understanding and very helpful. Your comments will be sent to the manager of the department to feed back to the staff.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Punctual courteous knowledgeable sympathetic

I was seen just before the time appointment scheduled by an extremely thorough,careful consultant from St Georges who was a clear communicator and made time to explain the medical position. The nurse was sympathetic and professional. An excellent service. Thank you so much.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 20 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to read about your positive experience. Your comments will be forwarded to the manager of the hospital.

First class.

First class in every way with excellent staff.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 14 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 17 June 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent to the managers at the hospital.

damiao rodrigues gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Very professional staff

I visited this hospital for dressing in MI unit. It was done in a friendly and professional manner even without prior appointment. The security staff were helpful in helping me with car park payment and café shop staff in serving me on table. Very professional service in all departments I visited.

Blood test unit also patient oriented

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 05 June 2014

Thank you for giving feedback on your experience at the Minor Injuries unit and the help you received in the hospital. Your kind comments about the professional and helpful treatment you received will be sent to the staff and managers of the service.

Anonymous reviewed Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Website

The website doesn't seem to show the hours of opening or any details about the pharmacy dept which is what I specifically need.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 21 May 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 23 May 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback. We are sorry that you could not find the information you required. We have notified the Pharmacy at Queen Mary's Hospital and our communications team who look after the web site. The Pharmacy is open Monday - Friday from 9 in the morning until 5.20 in the afternoon. It is closed on the weekend. If you require further information please can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453.

A1

I visited QMH this morning for an out-patients appointment in rheumatology. It couldn't have been done better privately. I went in on time, the consultant was friendly, professional and effective. We discussed all options, and he answered all my questions. I had enough time for everything I needed from the consultation. When the NHS works like this, it can not be bettered. The only snag is that rheumatology isn't in the drop-down list for this review

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 16 May 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 21 May 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about the friendly, professional and effective treatment you received will be sent to managers of the service. It will be disseminated to the rheumatology service.