Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 8487 6000 Roehampton Lane, Roehampton , London, SW15 5PN

Mrs B gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Waste of time

Took my son there yesterday to get an X-ray of his finger, as he hurt himself last week and keeps complaining about pain. We went straight after school finished, it took us half an hour due to heavy traffic. On arrival there was a sign at the car park stating that there was a reduced service at the Urgent care centre as of 4pm, so no x-rays could be carried out. I had checked the website before going there and there was no information about reduced service. So we wasted a good hour driving there and back. If I'd known, I would have taken him elsewhere straight away. Very disappointed with this hospital, would not go there anymore.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 16 March 2016

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on your concerns with Queen Mary's Hospital. We are very sorry that the information was not available to you before you left home. Your comments will be sent to the communications department and the minor injures unit.

Heather Brach gave Audiology services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Getting hearing aids

I have been extremely impressed with the service I received when I was seen by the audiology department re assessment for hearing aids. Although I had to wait rather a long time for the initial appointment (it wasn't urgent so this was not important), I have received excellent care throughout the procedure. All the members of audiology staff I have met have been pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional. I am delighted with my hearing aids and was very impressed that, after approximately 6 weeks of wearing them, I received a phone call from an audiologist to check that I was getting on with the hearing aids OK - what excellent service!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to learn about your positive experiences from pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional staff. Your kind comments about the communication and care you received will be sent to the managers for the service.

nuts reviewed Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Feeling unsupported by mental health crisis support

I called my crisis support line over a weekend, when I felt very distressed, anxious, upset and at risk of self harm.
I have used this service a many times over the years, as a whole they have been very supportive, empathetic, given advice - where needed, supported me in the home - ( when referred ) and generally excellent.
On this occasion I felt like Very un-supported, questioned as if they were reading from a manual, no understanding was given, the call was very abrupt. I did question it and was told the service had changed - which I felt its a shame that as a service user its a shame that were not informed? or asked our opinion?
The lady I spoke to who did try to get me to use some of my distraction techniques - which really didn't work for me. Then in an angry tone repeated them back to me, and said this has not worked, this hasn't worked and so on.. She then said to me, we have been on the phone now 20 minutes all I can do is call you an ambulance, bye I have to go now.
I do appreciate the cuts to the system and how hard staff work, but I was shocked and felt pretty awful after that call, and feel the need to flag it up for the benefit of others.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 May 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 July 2015

Message from Complaints at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear 'nuts'
My name is Victoria and I am the Patient Experience Manager for the Trust. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about our services although I am very sorry that you do not appear to have had a positive experience.
I have fed back your experience to the managers of the Support Line and they have confirmed that service users were consulted about the Crisis Line, the predecessor of the Support Line, and this informed the development of the Line as it is now. However, your views are most welcome and if you would like to email me on complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk I can facilitate a meeting or conversation between you with the managers, Sandie or Alan, to discuss this further.
They will be taking your feedback to the team for reflection and development to improve the way calls are handled but if you were to email me dates and times when you called we can the track the call and feedback to the individual member of staff and part of their training.
best wishes
Victoria

Anonymous gave at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fractured hand

I took my elderly mother (age 89) for a hand x-ray after a fall on Saturday (3/1/15). I was extremely impressed with all the staff who were most attentive. We did not have a long wait and were able to get initial results from the x-ray almost straight away. The nurse we saw was very professional and knowledgeable. An excellent service. Thank you.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 06 January 2015

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 January 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injuries unit. Your comments about the excellent service provided to you by the attentive staff, and the professional and knowlegeable way the nurse cared for you, will be sent to the manager of the service. In turn they will inform the staff.

Edward Nielsen reviewed Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

facilties on web-siteInformsation on csar park

Tr ying to get information about car park facilities/location from the web-site proved impossible. The website seems to concentrate on 'ratings' but not in helpful information.

E.N. SWimbledon 8 Jan 2015

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 January 2015

I am sorry you have been unable to find the information you have been looking for.
The web site you require is https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/contact-and-find-us
Queen Mary's Hospital has a large car park and it is found on Roehampton Lane,Roehampton,London SW15 5PN.
Contact details for the reception is 0208 487 6000.Car parking is available at Queen Mary’s, charged by the hour. Collect a ticket at the gate when you enter the car park, and pay before you exit. All of our ticket machines accept £5 and £10 notes.
Parking costs:
First 15 minutes free
15 minutes to one hour: £1.70
one to two hours: £3.30
two to three hours: £4.90
three to 24 hours: £6.60
Disabled badge holders may park free of charge in any of the designated parking bays.

There are seven motorcycle bays that are available free of charge.

The car park has two drop off and pick up points, one at the end of the bridge leading to the ground floor entrance and one just outside the lower ground floor entrance.

I do hope this information has helped but if you would like further information please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff would be willing to help. .

I went to the Minor Injury Unit with my younger son who had sports injury to...

I went to the Minor Injury Unit with my younger son who had sports injury to his left hand finger after playing rugby. We were advised by Manor Drive GP surgery at Worcester Park to either go to the Unit or the A & E at Kingston Hospital, after unsuccessful attempts to get an appointment with GP for over a week.

The whole experience was fantastic, no waiting around, everything was running smoothly.

I like to thank the team, the receptionist, radiographer, especially the emergency nurse practitioner for the great service.

Thank you!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 14 January 2015

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 January 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injury Unit. Your kind comments about the NHS staff who cared for your son will be sent to the managers of the unit. In turn they will inform the staff.
We wish your son well in his recovery.

MIK gave Podiatry services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

podiatry

after tow weeks on waiting to see a doctor when I went to there at 1:00 pm i have being called at 1:45 pm one of the doctor told me: yo got wrong clinic your doctor he is in other room he cant see you now go home he will call you toady . unfortunately I haven't received any phone call I am stack with allot of pain I don't now what should I do ?

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 22 January 2015

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 February 2015

We are sorry to read of your experience and dissatisfaction with the care you received and would encourage you to contact the PALS department at St. George’s Hospital if you have not already done so. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453

Ian Maggs gave at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My toe...........

We phoned 999. They were helpful but said they were busy could it wait till morning? It could be better to go to a minor injuries unit which I did at 8am Sunday morning.
Terrific staff. Very helpful and my nurse was exactly right in her decisions and actions. Got to go back today and I'm almost looking forward to it!
The NHS at it's best.
Thank you so much all of you and a very Happy Christmas to you all.........

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 16 December 2014

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 December 2014

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injuries unit. Your comments about the terrific staff and treatment provided to you will be sent to the managers of the service. In turn they will inform the staff.

Anonymous reviewed Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Will not Remove address from mailing list

I am sick of this hospital, I attempted to inform them yet again that one of their patients no longer lives at my address and they will not remove the name from the data base

I do not like receiving mail for other people at my address. If I call them to tell them that these people do not live here ( people leaving with many debts) that should be enough

I do not have nor should i be obliged to have another address for people who lived in this apartment before I did

shoddy arrogant receptionist who failed to see basic common sense and even put the phone down on me
the department in question was Outpatients Neurology Clinic

not happy at all

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 07 November 2014

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feed back about your experience at St. George’s Healthcare NHS Trust. We are sorry to learn that it was not up to the standard we would expect . If you would like assistance with problems you are experiencing, please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help.

Karyn gave Audiology services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Audiology Clinic

What I liked

I visited the walk-in clinic today with my mother. We waited less than 10 minutes before being seen. The audiologist was brilliant - efficient, kind,calm and helpful. An excellent service.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 14 November 2014

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience in audiology at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind words of appreciation about the service, will be sent to the manager, who in turn will inform the staff.