Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Telephone: 020 8487 6000
Address: Roehampton Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5PN
Website: https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk

Michelle and Ted gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

son needed treatment on swollen foot

great treatment, lovely staff. Thank you very much

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 09 September 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 12 September 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent to the service and managers.

Emese gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Amazing.

I loved how they treated me. The nurse was an angel. I was in a lot of pain and she handled it with the most gentle way. I wish I could remenber her name.
The only thing why I didnt give 5 stars is the reception desk people. They could have been more nice.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 13 September 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 3 stars

Reception staff leave alot to be desired

I have been to Queen Mary's Hospital several times for various reasons and I cannot fault the nurses and physiotherapists I have seen. However, myself and my partner have both received very bad customer service from the reception staff. From tutting to implying we were wasting their time, I am yet to have a good experience which is disappointing given that they are the first point of contact.
I called today to ask about a referral and after I explained my query to the receptionist, who said nothing, tutted and then the line went dead. It turned out that my call had been directed, needless to say to the wrong department, but had said nothing to me to explain what the receptionist was doing or to ask which department I may have needed.
I realise staff are very busy but politeness and giving your patients the time of day should still be important.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 04 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 05 August 2014

We are very disappointed to read your description of the service you received. If you would like to talk to the manager about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help. If we had the opportunity to discuss your experience it would help us make improvements.

Inka gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Cut Off Finger (nearly!)

The nurse was amazing! Very patient with me, and very professional. Their colleague who assisted with the anesthetic was very skillful and very sweet. The end of my finger is now safely stitched back in place and I am much calmer.

Thank you for everything - I was in and out in less than an hour with the dangling tip of my finger re-attached. Very, very good service, really couldn't have made it better in any way.

Well Done!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 21 August 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about how the staff cared for you will be sent to the unit.

Bahnstormer gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 4 stars

pretty decent for the basics

Reception staff and care staff all seems really decent: competent and friendly. There was a bit of a wait (~50mins), but I was a low priority (dressings change), so was ready to wait and they had advised it was going to be approx 1hr. While waiting I saw the reception staff handle a variety of different situations, including a distressed mother with an ill child - they seemed to cope very well and offered a well balanced mix of "can do" approach, caveated by the the fact that they are only a minor injuries walk-in centre, so might not be able to assist with everything.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience and observations at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your words of appreciation for the staff will be sent to the unit manager.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Accompanied an elderly friend for a scan/tests - urology

I accompanied my elderly friend for a scan and some tests. We started in urology, then went to radiology, then to the day case ward for another test. It was quite a lot for my friend, who had been nervous about the visit. Queen Mary's was totally fab! The staff explained carefully what was happening at each stage. They asked for permission to call my friend by her first name, which she told me she 'loved' - she said it made her feel they really cared about her. We didn't have to wait very long for anything. When we had to move through the hospital to the next place on our list, we were actually taken there by staff! It was brilliant, and made the whole thing much easier for my friend. Thank you, Queen Mary's, you were first class.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 28 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 28 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. It has been good to read your comments on the first class service you received from all the staff you came into contact with . Your comments will be sent to the managers of the hospital.

gloria campbell gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

treatment for facial burn

On arrival the reception staff dealt with me efficiently and sympathetically. I am especially grateful to the nurse practitioner that day who treated me. The nurse practitioner went to a lot of trouble to examine me carefully and to explain my treatment. Because of her concerns for possible scaring they also to refer me that day to the burns unit in the Chelsea and Westmiinster Hospital. Many many thanks Roehampton MIU for your professionalism and the excellent care and treatment you gave to me on that day.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 31 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 08 September 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injuries unit. Your comments about the excellent care and treatment provided to you and the efficient and sympathetic way the reception staff and nurse practitioner cared for you, will be sent to the managers of the service. In turn they will inform the staff.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 4 stars

Over payment of car park tariff

The radiology department was very efficient and I was seen straight away and out within 15 minutes. When validating my car park ticket I was charged £1.70 and on examining the ticket after paying, the time stamp verified that I had been under 15 minutes which qualified for " no charge" . I then spoke to a man through he help button who refused to refund my money. He explained I should have proceeded to the exit barrier without paying but this is not highlighted on the parking tariff notice. When I pointed this out to him he said that I should have used the help button to verify the time I had spent in the car park, thus changing his mind on the correct procedure to adopt. He placed the blame on me for paying, despite their being no clear guidance on the necessity to calculate the time spent/tariff in the car park oneself.
I wonder how many more people have fallen into this trap assuming the machine will correctly work out the charge payable and assume no charge if under 15 minutes. It is very misleading and fraudulent and the machine should be changed to rectify this or a notice to the same effect.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital, Minor injuries unit. We are pleased to learn about your positive experiences but sorry to read about your experience with the car parking. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, please contact PALS either by email - pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or by telephone on 020 8725 2453.

First class.

First class in every way with excellent staff.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 14 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 17 June 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent to the managers at the hospital.

Punctual courteous knowledgeable sympathetic

I was seen just before the time appointment scheduled by an extremely thorough,careful consultant from St Georges who was a clear communicator and made time to explain the medical position. The nurse was sympathetic and professional. An excellent service. Thank you so much.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 20 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to read about your positive experience. Your comments will be forwarded to the manager of the hospital.