Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 8487 6000 Roehampton Lane, Roehampton , London, SW15 5PN

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

After injuring my hand and being treated appallingly at another A&E department, I decided to visit Queen Mary's minor injury unit. Went in at 8.30am booked in and was seen within 5 minutes. Explained my symptoms to the nurse and they seemed to be quite concerned. The nurse sent me for an x-ray and called St George's Hospital to get me an urgent appointment at the Hand Clinic the day after. It turns out I had cut a tendon in my hand and went in for surgery the same day. I am extremely grateful that I was treated correctly and didn't feel as if the check up was a rush, and I eventually got the treatment I needed. Thank you!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Wheelchair services at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wheelchair clinic

The clinicians and admins at the wheelchair clinic are amazing! Always seen within a timely way for urgent matters and fitted in at a time to suit. They work really well together to achieve best outcomes for patients. Voucher amounts whilst not always enough are better than other areas of London to so the OT team are in tune with what people need for active chairs. Always responded to quickly as well via the admin team. Great service and great staff 5* NHS service. Thank you!!!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Anonymous gave Audiology services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

outpatients

I have attended various departments at the hospital and found the professional staff very helpful and pleasant. The receptionist however could be a bit more welcoming. Smiles always help!
Dermatology - the senior nurses are caring and informative.
Walk-in-centre all the nurses have been pleasant.
Hearing aid Department. - professionals pleasant and helpful.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these comments about your experience at Queen Mary's. These have been passed on to the management team who will forward to the relevant staff. With best wishes

John Helder gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Catering services at Queen Mary's Hospital

Today was my first as an outpatient. The staff were as ever wholly knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I was surprised and disappointed at lunchtime when I went to the restaurant. The only choice of a main courses were - maccaroni cheese or jacket potato with fillings. The only other hot items on offer were sausage roll, cheese and onion or chicken and mushroom pies or pastry turnovers and the only accompaniments were baked beans and potatoes (saute???).
I would question first the lack of choice of main courses and second, particularly, the lack of any fresh vegetables.
When I returned to my treatment and mentioned the catering, the staff agreed and said how much it had deteriorated recently.
I would ask what is being done to raise the standard to an acceptable level.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 July 2017

Dear Mr Helder

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your visit to Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about the staff are much appreciated and will be passed on to them. Thank you for your comments regarding the catering service. The Business Director for Sodexo (the company that provides the catering service) has provided the following response which we hope is helpful. If you have any further comments please do not hesitate to email the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@stgeorges.nhs.uk). Thank you once again for your feedback.

Due to the lack up uptake in the restaurant from May 2017 we reduced the service to a grab & go offer.

We have been constantly working on the right provision in a very difficult environment, without a good level of users the wastage involved in offering the previous service was not sustainable.

To give you some insight we were selling between 2 and 3 salads a day from a fully stocked salad bar, we now sell salad pots instead.

We carried out a survey over a two week period in April and it showed out of 100 responses that only 9 people wanted a hot meal with accompaniments, 66 wanted a grab & go snack, light meal or sandwich and 25 people bring their own food.

Also 73 people only used the facility 3 times or less a week meaning that only 27 people use the facility 4 times a week or every day.

We however welcome the feedback and to give you some comfort we are constantly working on making improvements to the offer. We do hope to launch a Costa retail outlet later this year which will substantially improve the site offer and ambience.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful service

This unit is meant to be open until 7pm with the doors closing at 7.30pm. However if you turn up after 6pm you are sent to the already overworked A+E.. what a waste of money these units are

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 June 2017

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read of your experience and the comments will be sent to the Service Manager.

Emma case gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thumb injury

the reception staff were warm and welcoming. Even though the wait seemed long I was kept informed of what was happening and who I was to see next.
Before and after X-ray I was reviewed by a lovely nurse.
Really appreciated the service I received. Thumbs up!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Thank you for your kind comments about your treatment at the Minor Injuries Unit. We will ensure these are passed on to the staff in the Unit. We hope your thumb is getting better. With best wishes

Jane Mitchell gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service provided by cancer screening and minor ops

I cannot fault the service provided by the Dermatology cancer screening unit and minor ops clinic.
I was referred to this hospital by my GP and from the outset I can only praise the staff, facilities and efficiency of the unit involved.
The communications via telephone and in writing were clear and informative
The facilities at the hospital were excellent, including good public transport links and parking facilities
The hospital environment is pleasant and provides a sense of well being and confidence
The staff at the clinic were friendly, helpful and efficient and a credit to the NHS
The follow up information service has been excellent.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hospital

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these lovely comments which have been passed on to the relevant staff who will be delighted to read them. With best wishes

Darrell Barnes gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Index finger nail injury

I was accorded a very efficient and friendly welcome by the receptionist today (09:30 27/3) - followed swiftly by an equally efficient and friendly treatment by a member of staff.

I am highly impressed by the speed of treatment and the friendliness of the Minor Injuries Unit.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 27 March 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words of appreciation. Your comments will be passed on to the manager of the Minor Injures Unit.

Quick, easy, friendly, professional service

Being accident prone, this is the third time I've visited the minor injuries unit in a year when my GP has been unavailable. This department is absolutely fantastic. You are always seen within 10 minutes, I've never spent longer than 10 minutes waiting and 20 minutes even for treatment including X-rays. Staff are so polite and very relaxed. I would absolutely recommend this facility. The opening times are great for people who work and to have somewhere open at the weekends and after 5pm is amazing. Another reason I think our NHS is just fantastic and we are so lucky.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 January 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 January 2017

It is a great pleasure to read your comments on the care you received from the staff in the Minor Injuries unit - Queen Mary's Hospital. Your comments will be passed to the Managers to be filtered to the staff. Thank you for taking the time to post comments.

Sandra Bradshaw gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

CCTV bowel scan in Radiology department at Queen Mary's

I was very nervous about my CCTV bowel scan on the 16th of January this year but the radiology department were absolutely fantastic. An exceptionally kind staff nurse who did the scan explained every single part of the procedure and after gave me tea and biscuits.All staff were lovely. Only problem the transport to take me home did not happen but this hospital the friendliest and best to have these scans in. I am so glad I chose Queen Mary's in Roehampton!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 18 January 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to learn about your positive experiences. Your kind comments about the kind and lovely staff will be sent to the managers for the service. We are very sorry to read you had problems with the transport.
PALS is available on 020 8725 2453 or by email on pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk if you want to have PALS look into the problem with transport. The telephone is busy but PALS make every effort to contact patients and to help.