Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 8487 6000 Roehampton Lane, Roehampton , London, SW15 5PN

Karyn gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care on Day Case Ward

I had a sigmoidoscopy on the Day Case Unit. The staff were amazing...kind, caring and professional. The unit was spotlessly clean. Thank you to the doctor nurses and receptionist - you are a great team!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care

I had injured my foot a couple of days prior to visiting my daughter in SW13 and she recommended I have it checked at the minor injuries unit . I attended this unit on 11th October and can only sing the praises of the staff and the attention I received . They were very efficient and the treatment I received was second to none . They were friendly and very reassuring . I would recommend this unit and its staff .to anyone.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Anonymous gave Audiology services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Xray department

The Xray reception staff are very rude and arrogant, demanding and I was made to feel very uncomfortable. Second time I've walked out after needing treatment

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 September 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are sorry to hear about your experience whilst attending services at Queen Mary’s Hospital. We work very hard to ensure that attending patients are treated to a high standard. Our staff, are here to ensure that all patients are listened to and treated respectfully. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact PALS by e-mail; elaine.bucknor@stgeorges.nhs.uk.

Elaine Bucknor,
Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Peter gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Nurse on duty in minor injuries unit at 4pm on 23rd August

I would like to express my sincere appreciation of the quality of care provided by this person. I had a fractured finger and the unit was inevitably busy, but the total wait time was within the estimate offered by the receptionist.The attitude, efficiency and professionalism of the duty nurse who saw me was of the highest order. The NHS takes a lot of stick, some of it deservedly so, but it is only fair to highlight this treatment from someone who is inevitably facing many of the challenges about which we read. It is a credit to the Trust to produce this experience.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2017

Dear Peter

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely comment about your experience at the Minor Injuries Unit. I have forwarded this to the Matron for the Unit so that she can pass on to the Nurse and the Receptionist who I'm sure will be really pleased.

With kind regards

Sarah Duncan
Patient Experience Manager

Excellent

After injuring my hand and being treated appallingly at another A&E department, I decided to visit Queen Mary's minor injury unit. Went in at 8.30am booked in and was seen within 5 minutes. Explained my symptoms to the nurse and they seemed to be quite concerned. The nurse sent me for an x-ray and called St George's Hospital to get me an urgent appointment at the Hand Clinic the day after. It turns out I had cut a tendon in my hand and went in for surgery the same day. I am extremely grateful that I was treated correctly and didn't feel as if the check up was a rush, and I eventually got the treatment I needed. Thank you!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these lovely comments about your visit to the Minor Injuries Unit. These have been passed on to the team who will be delighted to read them. With best wishes

Anonymous gave Wheelchair services at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wheelchair clinic

The clinicians and admins at the wheelchair clinic are amazing! Always seen within a timely way for urgent matters and fitted in at a time to suit. They work really well together to achieve best outcomes for patients. Voucher amounts whilst not always enough are better than other areas of London to so the OT team are in tune with what people need for active chairs. Always responded to quickly as well via the admin team. Great service and great staff 5* NHS service. Thank you!!!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these lovely comments about the Wheelchair Service at Queen Mary's Hospital. These have been passed on to the team who will be thrilled to read your appreciation for the work they do. With kind regards

Anonymous gave Audiology services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

outpatients

I have attended various departments at the hospital and found the professional staff very helpful and pleasant. The receptionist however could be a bit more welcoming. Smiles always help!
Dermatology - the senior nurses are caring and informative.
Walk-in-centre all the nurses have been pleasant.
Hearing aid Department. - professionals pleasant and helpful.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these comments about your experience at Queen Mary's. These have been passed on to the management team who will forward to the relevant staff. With best wishes

John Helder gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Catering services at Queen Mary's Hospital

Today was my first as an outpatient. The staff were as ever wholly knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I was surprised and disappointed at lunchtime when I went to the restaurant. The only choice of a main courses were - maccaroni cheese or jacket potato with fillings. The only other hot items on offer were sausage roll, cheese and onion or chicken and mushroom pies or pastry turnovers and the only accompaniments were baked beans and potatoes (saute???).
I would question first the lack of choice of main courses and second, particularly, the lack of any fresh vegetables.
When I returned to my treatment and mentioned the catering, the staff agreed and said how much it had deteriorated recently.
I would ask what is being done to raise the standard to an acceptable level.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 July 2017

Dear Mr Helder

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your visit to Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about the staff are much appreciated and will be passed on to them. Thank you for your comments regarding the catering service. The Business Director for Sodexo (the company that provides the catering service) has provided the following response which we hope is helpful. If you have any further comments please do not hesitate to email the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@stgeorges.nhs.uk). Thank you once again for your feedback.

Due to the lack up uptake in the restaurant from May 2017 we reduced the service to a grab & go offer.

We have been constantly working on the right provision in a very difficult environment, without a good level of users the wastage involved in offering the previous service was not sustainable.

To give you some insight we were selling between 2 and 3 salads a day from a fully stocked salad bar, we now sell salad pots instead.

We carried out a survey over a two week period in April and it showed out of 100 responses that only 9 people wanted a hot meal with accompaniments, 66 wanted a grab & go snack, light meal or sandwich and 25 people bring their own food.

Also 73 people only used the facility 3 times or less a week meaning that only 27 people use the facility 4 times a week or every day.

We however welcome the feedback and to give you some comfort we are constantly working on making improvements to the offer. We do hope to launch a Costa retail outlet later this year which will substantially improve the site offer and ambience.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful service

This unit is meant to be open until 7pm with the doors closing at 7.30pm. However if you turn up after 6pm you are sent to the already overworked A+E.. what a waste of money these units are

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 June 2017

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read of your experience and the comments will be sent to the Service Manager.

Emma case gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thumb injury

the reception staff were warm and welcoming. Even though the wait seemed long I was kept informed of what was happening and who I was to see next.
Before and after X-ray I was reviewed by a lovely nurse.
Really appreciated the service I received. Thumbs up!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Thank you for your kind comments about your treatment at the Minor Injuries Unit. We will ensure these are passed on to the staff in the Unit. We hope your thumb is getting better. With best wishes