Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Telephone: 020 8487 6000
Address: Roehampton Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5PN
Website: https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 4 stars

Over payment of car park tariff

The radiology department was very efficient and I was seen straight away and out within 15 minutes. When validating my car park ticket I was charged £1.70 and on examining the ticket after paying, the time stamp verified that I had been under 15 minutes which qualified for " no charge" . I then spoke to a man through he help button who refused to refund my money. He explained I should have proceeded to the exit barrier without paying but this is not highlighted on the parking tariff notice. When I pointed this out to him he said that I should have used the help button to verify the time I had spent in the car park, thus changing his mind on the correct procedure to adopt. He placed the blame on me for paying, despite their being no clear guidance on the necessity to calculate the time spent/tariff in the car park oneself.
I wonder how many more people have fallen into this trap assuming the machine will correctly work out the charge payable and assume no charge if under 15 minutes. It is very misleading and fraudulent and the machine should be changed to rectify this or a notice to the same effect.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) has not yet replied.

David gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Attending The Urology Department

I was refer to the Urology department by my GP for possible Prostate Cancer.

I was treated extremely well on the 3 occasions I had to attend. I would not have had better care privately.

All staff were very understanding and very helpful.

All in all, my thanks to the NHS.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 26 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 27 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton. We are very pleased to read that you found the staff very understanding and very helpful. Your comments will be sent to the manager of the department to feed back to the staff.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Punctual courteous knowledgeable sympathetic

I was seen just before the time appointment scheduled by an extremely thorough,careful consultant from St Georges who was a clear communicator and made time to explain the medical position. The nurse was sympathetic and professional. An excellent service. Thank you so much.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 20 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to read about your positive experience. Your comments will be forwarded to the manager of the hospital.

First class.

First class in every way with excellent staff.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 14 June 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 17 June 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent to the managers at the hospital.

damiao rodrigues gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Very professional staff

I visited this hospital for dressing in MI unit. It was done in a friendly and professional manner even without prior appointment. The security staff were helpful in helping me with car park payment and café shop staff in serving me on table. Very professional service in all departments I visited.

Blood test unit also patient oriented

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 05 June 2014

Thank you for giving feedback on your experience at the Minor Injuries unit and the help you received in the hospital. Your kind comments about the professional and helpful treatment you received will be sent to the staff and managers of the service.

Anonymous reviewed Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Website

The website doesn't seem to show the hours of opening or any details about the pharmacy dept which is what I specifically need.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 21 May 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 23 May 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback. We are sorry that you could not find the information you required. We have notified the Pharmacy at Queen Mary's Hospital and our communications team who look after the web site. The Pharmacy is open Monday - Friday from 9 in the morning until 5.20 in the afternoon. It is closed on the weekend. If you require further information please can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453.

A1

I visited QMH this morning for an out-patients appointment in rheumatology. It couldn't have been done better privately. I went in on time, the consultant was friendly, professional and effective. We discussed all options, and he answered all my questions. I had enough time for everything I needed from the consultation. When the NHS works like this, it can not be bettered. The only snag is that rheumatology isn't in the drop-down list for this review

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 16 May 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 21 May 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about the friendly, professional and effective treatment you received will be sent to managers of the service. It will be disseminated to the rheumatology service.

Holly gave Paediatrics services at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Good hospital

Was seen and out within half an hour!

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 08 May 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 09 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 .

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 2 stars

Disappointing bank holiday cover

On a bank holiday, you'd have thought that adequate staffing of this unit would be a high priority given the limited alternative services open. Unfortunately, as I thought I might need an xray, I was turned away without seeing a clinician. This was unfortunate because I then went to Kingston Hospital, where I waited 3.5 hours to be examined and was told I didn't need one. A wasted visit that could have been avoided perhaps by explaining my symptoms to a clinician at the MIU. Ordinarily I give MIU 5* but sadly not today.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 05 May 2014

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service you received on a bank holiday. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, please contact pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453. You can be put in touch with the manager of the service for an explanation.

Peter Burleigh gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Cystoscopy feedback

I had a cystoscopy in the Urology department of your hospital on 27 March 2014. No problems with the procedure itself but a suggestion for the benefit of future patients.

I wore my underwear going into the procedure as instructed. After the procedure I pulled on my underwear to return to the recovery ward. However I had considerable bleeding. I have no complaint that this occurred but it badly stained my underwear. In the recovery ward I asked a nurse for padding to protect my clothing but there was none available in the ward. The nurse eventually found a set of padded pants which I then needed to wear for about 36 hours to protect my underwear.

Could not patients be told, as a matter of routine, to put on protective pants before going into the procedure room so that in cases of bleeding their underwear is not stained ? I appreciate that bleeding does not occur in every case but where it does the patient needs protection against soiling his/her clothing.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 09 April 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital, it is always useful to have information on patient experience. We will forward your suggestions to the department.