Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 8487 6000 Roehampton Lane, Roehampton , London, SW15 5PN

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful service

This unit is meant to be open until 7pm with the doors closing at 7.30pm. However if you turn up after 6pm you are sent to the already overworked A+E.. what a waste of money these units are

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 June 2017

Thank you for posting your comments about your visit. We are very sorry to read of your experience and the comments will be sent to the Service Manager.

Darrell Barnes gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Index finger nail injury

I was accorded a very efficient and friendly welcome by the receptionist today (09:30 27/3) - followed swiftly by an equally efficient and friendly treatment by a member of staff.

I am highly impressed by the speed of treatment and the friendliness of the Minor Injuries Unit.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 27 March 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words of appreciation. Your comments will be passed on to the manager of the Minor Injures Unit.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Quick, easy, friendly, professional service

Being accident prone, this is the third time I've visited the minor injuries unit in a year when my GP has been unavailable. This department is absolutely fantastic. You are always seen within 10 minutes, I've never spent longer than 10 minutes waiting and 20 minutes even for treatment including X-rays. Staff are so polite and very relaxed. I would absolutely recommend this facility. The opening times are great for people who work and to have somewhere open at the weekends and after 5pm is amazing. Another reason I think our NHS is just fantastic and we are so lucky.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 January 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 January 2017

It is a great pleasure to read your comments on the care you received from the staff in the Minor Injuries unit - Queen Mary's Hospital. Your comments will be passed to the Managers to be filtered to the staff. Thank you for taking the time to post comments.

Sandra Bradshaw gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

CCTV bowel scan in Radiology department at Queen Mary's

I was very nervous about my CCTV bowel scan on the 16th of January this year but the radiology department were absolutely fantastic. An exceptionally kind staff nurse who did the scan explained every single part of the procedure and after gave me tea and biscuits.All staff were lovely. Only problem the transport to take me home did not happen but this hospital the friendliest and best to have these scans in. I am so glad I chose Queen Mary's in Roehampton!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 18 January 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to learn about your positive experiences. Your kind comments about the kind and lovely staff will be sent to the managers for the service. We are very sorry to read you had problems with the transport.
PALS is available on 020 8725 2453 or by email on pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk if you want to have PALS look into the problem with transport. The telephone is busy but PALS make every effort to contact patients and to help.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Appointment booking handling is a shambles

My wife was referred to the dermatology department at St Georges Community Services at Queen Mary's but the hospital have made no appointment slots available for online booking, so we have to wait for the hospital to call back with an appointment. A week later after hearing nothing we called the hospital and they claim to have no record of my referral despite the fact that central booking forwarded on her referral as they could not book her an appointment and her GP faxed the referral to the hospital as well. We are still chasing this through the GP practice as the hospital are not being helpful but 2 weeks after the referral they have not been able to book an appointment and we currently have no idea when we will get one. The hospital's internal booking process is a complete shambles.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 20 December 2016

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 December 2016

I am sorry to read of the problems your wife is having. Please ask your GP to refer direct to the hospital if Choose and Book do not have available appointments. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is available to investigate or feedback comments on services that patients have experienced. PALS is available on 020 8725 2453 or by email on pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk The telephone is busy but PALS make every effort to contact patients and to help sort out problems.

John Nowak gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Broken leg

Crossing the hospital car park got knocked down by a reversing car. Minor Injuries Unit were superb. Fixed the leg of course and arranged appointment at the Fracture Clinic for full cast. The staff were highly competent, friendly and concerned. I was provided with all I needed including a pair of hospital scrubs because my jeans were too narrow for the backslab. I could not have wanted for more. While the full cast was on I fell over and gave the leg a real bang. Dropped in at the Unit and was reassured in no uncertain terms that things were fine. Perfectly correct as it turned out but there was a ready understanding of my anxiety. My very grateful thanks to you all. JN?

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 December 2016

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 December 2016

Your kind and appreciative comments will be passed to the Managers of the Minor Injuries Unit at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are very sorry to read of your accident and subsequent fall and wish you well in your recovery. Thank you for taking the time to make these comments the staff will appreciate them.

Mrs B gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Waste of time

Took my son there yesterday to get an X-ray of his finger, as he hurt himself last week and keeps complaining about pain. We went straight after school finished, it took us half an hour due to heavy traffic. On arrival there was a sign at the car park stating that there was a reduced service at the Urgent care centre as of 4pm, so no x-rays could be carried out. I had checked the website before going there and there was no information about reduced service. So we wasted a good hour driving there and back. If I'd known, I would have taken him elsewhere straight away. Very disappointed with this hospital, would not go there anymore.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 16 March 2016

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on your concerns with Queen Mary's Hospital. We are very sorry that the information was not available to you before you left home. Your comments will be sent to the communications department and the minor injures unit.

Heather Brach gave Audiology services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Getting hearing aids

I have been extremely impressed with the service I received when I was seen by the audiology department re assessment for hearing aids. Although I had to wait rather a long time for the initial appointment (it wasn't urgent so this was not important), I have received excellent care throughout the procedure. All the members of audiology staff I have met have been pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional. I am delighted with my hearing aids and was very impressed that, after approximately 6 weeks of wearing them, I received a phone call from an audiologist to check that I was getting on with the hearing aids OK - what excellent service!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to learn about your positive experiences from pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional staff. Your kind comments about the communication and care you received will be sent to the managers for the service.

Simon Harris gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very efficient minor injuries clinic

Attended the minor injuries clinic at Roehampton Hospital for a completely detached big toenail which would not stop bleeding. Very impressed by the efficiency with which I was seen and attended to on 3 separate visits to stop the bleeding and then dress it so it was able to start the healing process. I was really impressed with the clinic - an exemplar for how the NHS should work!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 04 March 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 March 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Minor Injuries unit. Your comments about the care and treatment provided to you will be sent to the managers of the service. In turn they will inform the staff.

nuts reviewed Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Feeling unsupported by mental health crisis support

I called my crisis support line over a weekend, when I felt very distressed, anxious, upset and at risk of self harm.
I have used this service a many times over the years, as a whole they have been very supportive, empathetic, given advice - where needed, supported me in the home - ( when referred ) and generally excellent.
On this occasion I felt like Very un-supported, questioned as if they were reading from a manual, no understanding was given, the call was very abrupt. I did question it and was told the service had changed - which I felt its a shame that as a service user its a shame that were not informed? or asked our opinion?
The lady I spoke to who did try to get me to use some of my distraction techniques - which really didn't work for me. Then in an angry tone repeated them back to me, and said this has not worked, this hasn't worked and so on.. She then said to me, we have been on the phone now 20 minutes all I can do is call you an ambulance, bye I have to go now.
I do appreciate the cuts to the system and how hard staff work, but I was shocked and felt pretty awful after that call, and feel the need to flag it up for the benefit of others.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 May 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 July 2015

Message from Complaints at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear 'nuts'
My name is Victoria and I am the Patient Experience Manager for the Trust. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about our services although I am very sorry that you do not appear to have had a positive experience.
I have fed back your experience to the managers of the Support Line and they have confirmed that service users were consulted about the Crisis Line, the predecessor of the Support Line, and this informed the development of the Line as it is now. However, your views are most welcome and if you would like to email me on complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk I can facilitate a meeting or conversation between you with the managers, Sandie or Alan, to discuss this further.
They will be taking your feedback to the team for reflection and development to improve the way calls are handled but if you were to email me dates and times when you called we can the track the call and feedback to the individual member of staff and part of their training.
best wishes