Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Telephone: 020 8487 6000
Address: Roehampton Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5PN
Website: https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk

Peter Burleigh gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Cystoscopy feedback

I had a cystoscopy in the Urology department of your hospital on 27 March 2014. No problems with the procedure itself but a suggestion for the benefit of future patients.

I wore my underwear going into the procedure as instructed. After the procedure I pulled on my underwear to return to the recovery ward. However I had considerable bleeding. I have no complaint that this occurred but it badly stained my underwear. In the recovery ward I asked a nurse for padding to protect my clothing but there was none available in the ward. The nurse eventually found a set of padded pants which I then needed to wear for about 36 hours to protect my underwear.

Could not patients be told, as a matter of routine, to put on protective pants before going into the procedure room so that in cases of bleeding their underwear is not stained ? I appreciate that bleeding does not occur in every case but where it does the patient needs protection against soiling his/her clothing.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 09 April 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital, it is always useful to have information on patient experience. We will forward your suggestions to the department.

S M gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Very efficient drop-in X-ray service

I was referred by my GP for a chest X-ray. Between arriving (by bicycle) and leaving, it took no more than 15 minutes, so very good patient-oriented service, with no need to book an appointment.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 02 April 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 04 April 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about the patient orientated service will be passed onto the department.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 1 stars

total fiasco, go anywhere else

Tried getting to see a nurse here as had some minor complication after an operation and was directed here by the ward that did the original operation. Waited 2 hrs, " there are 9 people in front of you", waited another hour "there are 9 people in front of you and the nurses are going for lunch". No information, told we had to wait there and could not go and come back, even though it would be at least a couple more hours - but the waiting room had no space to sit in with a tiny overcrowded waiting area. Too many people, too few seats, no staff who could be bothered to find more. Eventually gave up as clearly we were never going to get seen. Now sat at home trying to work out how on earth to get to see a nurse or doctor. Only 2 nurses, but 4 receptionists who were sat twiddling their thumbs, chatting with each other, apart from when telling other prospective patients that they would be better of going home as their is a 4 hr wait. Great use of NHS resources.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 17 March 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience. I am sorry that it was negative. I will inform the manager of the service about your comments.

If you would like to talk to the service about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help with your situation.

buddika amarasinghe gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care at outpatiants Physiotherapy Dept

I have visited at the physiotherapy services at Queen Mary hospital in Roehampton. I was very lucky to be seen by a particular member of staff whose working in that team! She is a very knowledgeable, helpful and a polite person! She treated me for about 2 months during NOV/DEC 2013 and I did get a big improvement on my physical movements thanks to her!

What I wanted to highlight on this individual is- she's really in the job! She's not doing this job for the sake of it, she genuinely wants to treat and look after her patients! We wish to see many staff like her on our good old NHS services!

Thanks

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 19 February 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 27 February 2014

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's hospital physiotherapy service. Your kind comments have been passed onto the service. It is lovely to read that you have a big improvement with your physical movements.

Anonymous reviewed Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Minor Injuries music

Most people waiting feel very ill so why play 'Absolute' radio with head banging tracks! Would be far more peaceful to play soothing music or non at all

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience when visiting the Minor injures unit. Your comments will be passed onto the management of the department.

Karen gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Minor Injuries Unit

Only had to wait 5 minutes for treatment. Staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 13 February 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 14 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital, Minor Injuries Unit. Your kind comments about how the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient will be passed onto the management of the department.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 3 stars

friendly stuff but poor hygienic standards

I have attended this hospital in Jan 2014. I was very pleased with their stuff, all of them were friendly, my waiting time was just 10 mins (that is very short for NHS I think), my doctor was very nice as well. The only big downside for me was hospitals poor hygienic standards. I couldn't find any single hand gel..neither at the receptions desks nor on the walls. Also I have noticed that when I just entered the hospital I noticed a toilet smell. I saw one of the people left a review in Dec about absents of hand gel, since then unfortunately nothing have happened. I think this hospital should take an action, otherwise they can possibly have a big problem with infections...It is such a simple thing, why don't they bother about it ?

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 28 January 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 06 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. We are pleased to learn about your positive experiences but sorry that you experienced poor hygiene standards. We will pass your comments to the management of the hospital about lack of gel dispensers. Gel dispensers are situated on the walls outside clinics and the walls on entrance and exit to the wards, but not at reception. We are pleased to report that today the toilet near the entrance was being decorated and there was no toilet smell evident.

If you would like to talk to the service about your concerns, and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help .

Cedric Peachey gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Fall Caused a Cut Below Eye

While rushing down Putney High Street I slipped and landed on the pavement, sustaining a large cut below my right eye, caused by my spectacles. Passers-by helped me back to my feet and I managed to get home albeit somewhat shaken. The cut obviously needed treatment and I went to the Minor Injuries unit the same afternoon. I had to wait about an hour before I was seen by a nurse who was understanding, helpful and took plenty of time to go through what had happened and what needed to be done. I required several stitches and she talked me through the process, doing her best to distract me when needed. I couldn't have asked for more thoughtful, friendly and expert treatment.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 21 January 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feed back about your experience. Your words of appreciation will be welcomed. Your comments about the thoughtful, friendly and expert treatment will be passed on to manager and staff of the minor injuries unit.

Ian Pearce gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Minor Injuries Unit - Excellent Medical Service

I attended the Minor Injuries Unit on Sunday morning at 10am on 13 October 2013 having suffered a fall and injured my shoulder running for a bus. The staff were attentive, caring and highly professional. I was seen within 15 minutes and immediately X-rayed with weights held which identified a fractured but not dislocated clavicle. Within minutes I was shown the X-Ray results and then advised on wearing a sling. Medical notes were then written and printed off and handed to me so that I had a written record to show to other medical staff and I was informed about attending the Fracture Unit at Kingston Hospital and how to arrange an appointment.

The care, attention, prompt service and excellent advice were exemplary and I congratulate the whole team. I have now made a complete recovery and been signed off by the Orthopaedic Surgeon at Kingston Hospital.

Many thanks.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 17 December 2013

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 18 December 2013

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be passed onto the Minor Injuries Unit. They will appreciate the positive feedback.

Micht gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 4 stars

Very pleasant staff and relatively short wait

I visited the ultrasound department today to get a scan and was really impressed by the staff They were very friendly, efficient and although I had a wait of about 25 minutes, the time passed relatively quickly because of the pleasant environment. I was particularly impressed when a nurse came and apologised for the delay and gave us details about exactly when we were to be seen. The ultrasound specialist was very pleasant, apologetic about the delay and very efficient. It seemed more like a friendly hospital in the country rather than an impersonal London hospital but obviously, with all the facilities you could wish for!

The only thing I'd like to see more of in the hospital is hand gel and a sign for people not to use mobile phones (or to talk quietly) but those are very small concern!

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 28 November 2013

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 09 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words of appreciation. Your comments will be much appreciated by the staff of Queen Mary's Hospital and especially the ultrasound department. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the hand gel and use of mobile phones. The hospital environment benefits from patient feedback and subsequent change where possible.