Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

Telephone: 020 8487 6000
Address: Roehampton Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5PN
Website: https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk

Anonymous reviewed Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services)

2 and a half hour wait

This morning, for my gynaecology appointment, arrived early. During the course of my wait, someone else complained about their wait and another had discovered their child's name had been crossed off the list before they had been seen by the intern - I take it the young man was an intern or similar, who knows - who had taken over from the new receptionist while she had lunch, which led to me to check on my appointment, only to be told by a confused receptionist, after a two and a half hour wait, that my doctor had gone. As the reception area was tiny, and I have normal hearing, and no one called my name (I did not leave the room), I can only surmise that there must be a systems failure in place and that my notes were filed away before being called. No one, came out to check on those waiting, different clinics going on in a small area and different agendas. I was told that another appointment would be sent out after a half hearted indignant apology (where is the training?). £5.00 parking and feeling very upset. Who can I complain to?

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 October 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 10 October 2014

I am sorry to read of your experience and dissatisfaction with the communication you received and would encourage you to contact the PALS department at St. George’s Hospital if you have not already done so. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453.

antenatal clinic moved

I had an appointment on 3/10/14 for my GTT originally booked for queen Marys hospital at antenatal clinic, I've arrived in there and I found out that the hospital does not provide antenatal appointment anymore. I have not been informed about it , where do I go now? very stressful , I am 7 months Pregnant and Don't know where or when I will see the midwife.
Should the hospital not sent out a letter to inform?

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 17 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience. I am sorry that it was negative and that you were not informed of the move. The antenatal clinic at Queen Mary's Hospital was run by Kingston Hospital and help and information would be available from PALS at Kingston hospital on 020 8934 3993 or by email on pals@kingstonhospital.nhs.uk. You could also speak with your GP.

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic walk-in diagnostics

I cannot recommend Queen Mary's Hospital enough for walk-in diagnostics. I was sent for blood tests this morning by my GP and was seen almost immediately by a friendly, professional nurse who put me completely at ease. Staff are helpful and kind and the whole atmosphere seems calm.

It's a fantastic community facility and I feel very lucky to have it on my door step.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 22 October 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about the care and treatment by staff you came into contact with will be sent to the managers of the service.

Michelle and Ted gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

son needed treatment on swollen foot

great treatment, lovely staff. Thank you very much

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 09 September 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 12 September 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent to the service and managers.

Emese gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Amazing.

I loved how they treated me. The nurse was an angel. I was in a lot of pain and she handled it with the most gentle way. I wish I could remenber her name.
The only thing why I didnt give 5 stars is the reception desk people. They could have been more nice.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 13 September 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 26 September 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience in the Minor Injuries Unit at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your comment about the nurse who cared for you will be sent to the manager of the service.

Avoid

Unhelpful, rude and over bureaucratic. Excessive car park fees.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 23 September 2014

I am sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with the service you received and would encourage you to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service if you have not already done so. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453

Anonymous gave Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 3 stars

Reception staff leave alot to be desired

I have been to Queen Mary's Hospital several times for various reasons and I cannot fault the nurses and physiotherapists I have seen. However, myself and my partner have both received very bad customer service from the reception staff. From tutting to implying we were wasting their time, I am yet to have a good experience which is disappointing given that they are the first point of contact.
I called today to ask about a referral and after I explained my query to the receptionist, who said nothing, tutted and then the line went dead. It turned out that my call had been directed, needless to say to the wrong department, but had said nothing to me to explain what the receptionist was doing or to ask which department I may have needed.
I realise staff are very busy but politeness and giving your patients the time of day should still be important.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 04 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 05 August 2014

We are very disappointed to read your description of the service you received. If you would like to talk to the manager about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help. If we had the opportunity to discuss your experience it would help us make improvements.

Inka gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 5 stars

Cut Off Finger (nearly!)

The nurse was amazing! Very patient with me, and very professional. Their colleague who assisted with the anesthetic was very skillful and very sweet. The end of my finger is now safely stitched back in place and I am much calmer.

Thank you for everything - I was in and out in less than an hour with the dangling tip of my finger re-attached. Very, very good service, really couldn't have made it better in any way.

Well Done!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 21 August 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your kind comments about how the staff cared for you will be sent to the unit.

Bahnstormer gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) a rating of 4 stars

pretty decent for the basics

Reception staff and care staff all seems really decent: competent and friendly. There was a bit of a wait (~50mins), but I was a low priority (dressings change), so was ready to wait and they had advised it was going to be approx 1hr. While waiting I saw the reception staff handle a variety of different situations, including a distressed mother with an ill child - they seemed to cope very well and offered a well balanced mix of "can do" approach, caveated by the the fact that they are only a minor injuries walk-in centre, so might not be able to assist with everything.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience and observations at Queen Mary's Hospital. Your words of appreciation for the staff will be sent to the unit manager.

Accompanied an elderly friend for a scan/tests - urology

I accompanied my elderly friend for a scan and some tests. We started in urology, then went to radiology, then to the day case ward for another test. It was quite a lot for my friend, who had been nervous about the visit. Queen Mary's was totally fab! The staff explained carefully what was happening at each stage. They asked for permission to call my friend by her first name, which she told me she 'loved' - she said it made her feel they really cared about her. We didn't have to wait very long for anything. When we had to move through the hospital to the next place on our list, we were actually taken there by staff! It was brilliant, and made the whole thing much easier for my friend. Thank you, Queen Mary's, you were first class.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 28 August 2014

Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton (St George’s Healthcare Services) replied on 28 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience at Queen Mary's Hospital. It has been good to read your comments on the first class service you received from all the staff you came into contact with . Your comments will be sent to the managers of the hospital.