Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

0333 200 1820 c/o Care UK - Level C, Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Brintons Terrace , Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0YG

Alick gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

First class service

Having had cause to use the Minor injuries unit before I was hoping that my visit today
Would be as easy as the previous time,and I was not disappointed,the staff once again
Were very professional with an easy to talk to approach.thank you for putting my mind at rest.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 03 June 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 04 June 2017

Many thanks for your positive comments - it is good to hear we lived up to your expectation. please do come and visit us again in the future should you find yourself in need of help with a minor injury or minor illness

James gave Urology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

I was very worried about going under general anaesthetic after a bad experience when I was younger. However every member of staff made me laugh and we're so reassuring, they also told me to come in at a sensible time which meant minimal waiting around. They also have wifi so I could keep in touch with friends which was nice. These factors meant I felt minimal distress. I was given a further dose of painkillers in the recovery room as soon as I requested them. The surgeon was so reassuring and even visited me when I was recovering which I really appreciated. Could not fault any of my experience, thank you all so much, James.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 15 June 2017

Thank you for your comments and we are delighted that we were able to offer you the reassurance that you needed.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary Care

I was referred by my GP for a routine colonoscopy as I have long term Crohn's Disease and my mother survived bowel cancer 3 years ago. I have to say that the service that I received right from the telephone assessment, as I'm on the Isle of Wight, through to the procedure itself, was first class.
The staff involved on the day were all both friendly and professional and I was kept informed throughout of waiting times. The procedure was carried out with the facility for me to view which I really appreciated as it meant that I could ask questions throughout. All my questions were answered and I was left feeling totally reassured that I had had the best possible treatment and that there were no health concerns.
I lead a busy life and the staff did everything they could to facilitate this procedure. My wish to not be given any sedation unless necessary was respected and as a result, I did not have any sedation and was able to leave soon after the procedure with no ill effects at all and carry on with my day, even attending a meeting that evening!
I even received a follow up call the next day.
I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all involved.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 26 June 2017

We are delighted that your experience under our care was such a positive one. All of the team will be grateful for your comments. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Evening Hospital visit

I had to visit the hospital one evening with snapped tendon in my finger there was a wait but the staff were so friendly don't know what some of the reviews want they are very busy and rushed off there feet but still had time to xray and access my situation with no rudeness if fact they were very friendly and efficient.

Had a follow up apt which was good went in around the time my apt was and were helpful and professional. I have another apt which I know will be the same as the staff are really helpful and knowing the pressure they are under in a very busy A and E was impressed.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 15 June 2017

Thank you for your kind comments. We are always pleased to hear about our patients experience with us. We wish you a speedy full recovery and should you need to visit us again in the future we would happy to see you again.

Quick and thorough

Went to RSH today as I fell down some concrete steps yesterday and my ankle is swollen and painful. Luckily no breaks but really impressed with the MIU. Seen within 20 minutes for initial assessment, had x rays and results following that and this was all completed in an hour!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 22 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments, it is always nice to hear we have provided an excellent service in a timely manor.

Andy Richards gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery

I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery at RSH, having been referred by my GP. On the day of my surgery, I was a little nervous but all staff were very reassuring and the surgery was a success. Everything went as planned and I can now breathe through my nose again! The nurses in the after-care team were all very supportive and I only needed to recover for a few hours after the op before being discharged the same day. I would like to thank all members of staff involved. In addition, the pre-op and post-op appointments with the surgeon were on-time and did not feel rushed. I think that RSH is a great credit to the NHS.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 19 May 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that the surgery has improved your breathing already. We will pass on your thanks to all staff involved.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful service and rude

All staff were rude , abrupt and dismissive. Went in with allot of pain and because I had to gone to a different hospital the day before about the issue they basically binned me off and told me to go back to them. They didn't even conduct an examination, basically saying it wasn't there problem despite being in quite obvious pain. Huge waste of time. If your looking for good out of hours care either go private or go elsewhere. Prime example of the decline of the NHS. Avoid.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 20 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 22 May 2017

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our unit, we would like to investigate what happened. If you could contact Paul Hayllar, Service Manager on 0333 999 7613 or paul.hayllar@careuk.com we would be able to look into what happened on the day.

David Green gave Urology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Excellence that cannot be surpassed -

I have been so blessed by having been referred to the Southampton Treatment Centre for a prostate resection operation. The standard of care has been absolutely phenomenal. Naturally, the consultant, anaesthetist and nursing staff were superb, so friendly, professional and providing a quality of care that was excellent. Through this review, though, I willingly give praise and thanks to all of the following - Health Care Assistants, Nursing Staff, Cleaners, Operating Department Technicians, Receptionists, Clerical Staff. The Southampton Treatment Team responsible for my care work exceptionally together as one coherent unit from the cleaner right up to the consultant. One had the feeling that the Unit would not function properly without one of the elements - i.e. the cleaning staff were just as important to one's care as the consultant (which is not meant in a derogatory way but to emphasize that the team and standard of care was supported by every member of staff.
Here was a team devoted to the most excellent healthcare imaginable and I willingly express my thanks to all of the team.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are delighted that you had such an excellent experience in our care.

First class Minor Injuries Unit

Excellent knowledgeable medical staff who treated me promptly and very well. The icing on the cake would have been if the reception staff had been a little more friendly and helpful, but perhaps they were as bamboozled by the paperwork as I was!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 29 April 2017

Many thanks for your positive feedback, it is always good to hear we are meeting the expectations of the public. Unfortunately paperwork is a necessary part of our booking in systems. We hope you use our service again in the future if you need to.

Berry Walling gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

sinus endoscopy

I have recently undergone Endoscopic Sinus Surgery following a period of intermittent severe headaches and dizziness. The level & quality of care during the pre-op assessment, operation itself, and post-op.check-up was exemplary. In the period immediately before and after the operation(which I appreciate was for me a minor one),when a patient would be feeling at their most vulnerable,the care and attention given was outstanding, and I was very glad of it!
At the routine appointments, I was surprised how promptly I was seen at the arranged time.The various staff members I encountered were always polite & courteous;-never offhand or disinterested!.
I was fortunate in recovering quickly and experiencing very little subsequent pain or discomfort. For the time being at least, I'm free of headaches, and can breathe properly.
All in all, it's been a very positive experience;-my sincere thanks to everyone!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 15 May 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to know that you received outstanding care and we will pass on your feedback to the staff.