Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

0333 200 1820 c/o Care UK - Level C, Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Brintons Terrace , Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0YG

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Quick and thorough

Went to RSH today as I fell down some concrete steps yesterday and my ankle is swollen and painful. Luckily no breaks but really impressed with the MIU. Seen within 20 minutes for initial assessment, had x rays and results following that and this was all completed in an hour!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 22 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments, it is always nice to hear we have provided an excellent service in a timely manor.

Andy Richards gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery

I recently had endoscopic sinus surgery at RSH, having been referred by my GP. On the day of my surgery, I was a little nervous but all staff were very reassuring and the surgery was a success. Everything went as planned and I can now breathe through my nose again! The nurses in the after-care team were all very supportive and I only needed to recover for a few hours after the op before being discharged the same day. I would like to thank all members of staff involved. In addition, the pre-op and post-op appointments with the surgeon were on-time and did not feel rushed. I think that RSH is a great credit to the NHS.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 19 May 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that the surgery has improved your breathing already. We will pass on your thanks to all staff involved.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful service and rude

All staff were rude , abrupt and dismissive. Went in with allot of pain and because I had to gone to a different hospital the day before about the issue they basically binned me off and told me to go back to them. They didn't even conduct an examination, basically saying it wasn't there problem despite being in quite obvious pain. Huge waste of time. If your looking for good out of hours care either go private or go elsewhere. Prime example of the decline of the NHS. Avoid.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 20 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 22 May 2017

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience at our unit, we would like to investigate what happened. If you could contact Paul Hayllar, Service Manager on 0333 999 7613 or paul.hayllar@careuk.com we would be able to look into what happened on the day.

David Green gave Urology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Excellence that cannot be surpassed -

I have been so blessed by having been referred to the Southampton Treatment Centre for a prostate resection operation. The standard of care has been absolutely phenomenal. Naturally, the consultant, anaesthetist and nursing staff were superb, so friendly, professional and providing a quality of care that was excellent. Through this review, though, I willingly give praise and thanks to all of the following - Health Care Assistants, Nursing Staff, Cleaners, Operating Department Technicians, Receptionists, Clerical Staff. The Southampton Treatment Team responsible for my care work exceptionally together as one coherent unit from the cleaner right up to the consultant. One had the feeling that the Unit would not function properly without one of the elements - i.e. the cleaning staff were just as important to one's care as the consultant (which is not meant in a derogatory way but to emphasize that the team and standard of care was supported by every member of staff.
Here was a team devoted to the most excellent healthcare imaginable and I willingly express my thanks to all of the team.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are delighted that you had such an excellent experience in our care.

First class Minor Injuries Unit

Excellent knowledgeable medical staff who treated me promptly and very well. The icing on the cake would have been if the reception staff had been a little more friendly and helpful, but perhaps they were as bamboozled by the paperwork as I was!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 29 April 2017

Many thanks for your positive feedback, it is always good to hear we are meeting the expectations of the public. Unfortunately paperwork is a necessary part of our booking in systems. We hope you use our service again in the future if you need to.

Berry Walling gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

sinus endoscopy

I have recently undergone Endoscopic Sinus Surgery following a period of intermittent severe headaches and dizziness. The level & quality of care during the pre-op assessment, operation itself, and post-op.check-up was exemplary. In the period immediately before and after the operation(which I appreciate was for me a minor one),when a patient would be feeling at their most vulnerable,the care and attention given was outstanding, and I was very glad of it!
At the routine appointments, I was surprised how promptly I was seen at the arranged time.The various staff members I encountered were always polite & courteous;-never offhand or disinterested!.
I was fortunate in recovering quickly and experiencing very little subsequent pain or discomfort. For the time being at least, I'm free of headaches, and can breathe properly.
All in all, it's been a very positive experience;-my sincere thanks to everyone!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 15 May 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to know that you received outstanding care and we will pass on your feedback to the staff.

Hayley gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Throat and Bowel Endoscopy done today

I was early for my appointment so the long wait was probably due to that. However the kindness and professionalism of everyone in this department is incredible. I even enjoyed myself which seems odd. Thank you to the nurse who looked after me, stoking my hair really helped me relax. Outstanding service, Dr was very thoughtful and kind simply perfect. I don't remember much of the procedure and had no discomfort. I highly recommend you all , your a credit to the NHS and nursing. Thank you PS I have to come back..so you'll be seeing me again...sorry!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your comments and we are delighted that you had such a positive experience in our care. We also appreciate you recommending our service. We look forward to giving you the same high level of care again when you return.

Paul gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

Pleasant nurse, inhuman receptionist

Go straight to A&E for a better overall service,and at least they are clearly marked with directional signage to help find them once your in the building.
Pleasent enough nurse when we finally got to see them.
Arrived 17:50 seen at 18:50 Even though they were displaying a 30 min waiting time the whole time we were there ,with about 10 people waiting for treatment. I'm not medicaly trained but when your partner is sat in agony in tears and people who are clearly not in pain (and look as though they're out for a stroll) who walk in after you get treated before you gets you rather annoyed and questioning the procedure's of the service !!
The receptionist (who's name I am not aloud to mention,otherwise this review "will not be posted" !? ) was clearly in the wrong job and who looked down at everyone that came in.Not one smile was given when spoken to and barely made eye contact with the patients.
A name was written on the board as to who was working that shift. 1 receptionist name-2 receptionists !!?? how can you improve a service when I can't tell them who the problem is ?? And I'm not aloud to describe the receptionist otherwise this review "will not be posted" Poor management I say !
After answering a lady who asked how long her child's burnt hand would take to be seen,,the aforementioned 'receptionist' then looked daggers at her as she walked away and said "why didn't she treat her at home" to their colleague ! I would also question what medical qualifications the 'receptionists' have as it appears they get to prioritise who gets seen first !? .
The nurse said they couldn't help my partner...But suggested "if it gets worse,then go to A&E" which makes me question if the quality of medical service is actuality better at an A&E department and your best to save time and go straight there !? Now the last poor review on here did not get a reply...Yet all of the good reviews have !!?? . So they are clearly happy to talk/reply to people who praise the service...And dont want to talk to the people who complain !!!?? Even though I'm clearly not happy with our visit and service and some may think I am 'on a rant' I would just say please note: The above is all factual and nothing has been changed or exagerated for the purpose of this review. The NHS is a great service under great pressure...however our walk-in visit should have been a walk straight back out visit.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 March 2017

I am extremely sorry that your experience of the Centre was not positive. We welcome feedback on all aspects of the care we provide and the Service Manager would appreciate an opportunity to discuss this with you further. The Service Manager would be very grateful if you could contact him at Paul.Hayllar@careuk.com.

Kerri gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Gastroscopy procedure

Arrived at 8.00am, checked in and found the whole experience far better than I had imagined it would be. Every single person dealing with me left me reassured, clearly explained what would happen, gave me choices and supported my decisions. The consultant was just brilliant and the after care given by nurses wonderful. This was like a private hospital experience given by the good old NHS. Cannot thank all involved enough.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you had such a good experience in our care.

Sally Harding gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 4 stars

Infection control policies and procedures not followed. ++

1. Upon arrival at dermatology reception, there was fresh blood on the counter and droplets across the floor. When staff came to clear it up they used clinell universal sanitising wipes instead of a body fluid spill kit.

2. I had to remind the doctor to wash their hands before touching my father's ear.

3. The doctor asked my father, "have you had skin cancer before?" Implying that he has skin cancer now. This is very insensitive and plants the thought that it is cancer. My father was also provided with a leaflet on squamous cell carcinoma. This worried him unnecessarily, as his symptoms are much more consistent with a Keloid.

The word "cancer" should only be used once a diagnosis has been confirmed.
I wonder if doctors have any communication training and appreciate the impact words can have.

If I say to you "don't think of bananas!" What's the first thing that pops in to your head?

I am Sally Harding, a counsellor (Reg BACP), hypnotherapist (Accred GHSC) and Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner.

The words a doctor uses can have a significant impact on the well being of patients.

The nurses and reception staff were fantastic, very helpful, calm and patient.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 March 2017

I am extremely sorry that your experience of the MIU was not positive. We welcome feedback on all aspects of the care we provide and the Lead Nurse would appreciate an opportunity to discuss this with you further. The Lead Nurse would be very grateful if you could contact her at Rebecca.Prior@careuk.com