Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

0333 200 1820 c/o Care UK - Level C, Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Brintons Terrace , Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0YG

Julie Meadows gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

My treatment today

I rarely write reviews but I feel that I must thank all the staff who treated me this morning in the Ear, Nose and Throat Department. From the cheerful reception staff, through to my very calming anaesthetist, informative surgeon and all the marvellous nursing staff who looked after me so well post op. They were so kind, caring and attentive and did everything they could to make my short stay a very positive experience. Thank you everybody, you all do a fantastic job and I am very grateful.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Severe tonsillitis

I brought my daughter to the hospital for an out of hours GP appointment at 7 pm one Friday night, however because the surgery was running late the receptionist suggested she might get seen quicker at the minor injuries unit as it was quiet. When we arrived the staff were very welcoming and gave us a form to complete. Within 5 minutes we were seen by a very kind and caring nurse who on examining my daughter prescribed a course of antibiotics. Within a couple of minutes we had the tablets and were on our way home. Excellent service , would definitely use again , many thanks to everyone on duty that day.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 10 September 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 11 September 2017

Thank-you for your kind comments. We are glad you had a good experience when you visited us recently. We wish your daughter a speedy recovery and would be happy to see you again if the need arises

Antony gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 4 stars

Not as good as expected

Following a serious fall at work was advised by 111 to attend the minor injuries unit or A&E department. I felt it was more appropriate to attend the MIU and was taken there by a work colleague.
I was seen within 30 minutes of arrival although I was the only one waiting to see some one after 15 minutes, but, that was good. The paramedic who saw me was a little off-hand although efficient. They never carried out hand hygiene the whole time they were seeing me although my hands were dirty from the fall with blood on them and they examined me and then typed on a key board but with no hand hygiene in between. They also handled the disposable piece off the end of the scope they examined my epistaxis with - thankfully this had stopped before I arrived at the MIU - without doing hand hygiene; altogether very poor. And I am sad to say I didn't challenge them as I should have.
But the MIU did live up to its reputation of being fast.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 16 September 2017

Thank you for your valuable comments. if you would like to email me personally I will be able to see which of our paramedics treated you and address it with them. My e-mail address is claire.sloper@careuk.com - MIU Deputy Service Manager

Rebecca Rickeard gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service Received Today

I visited the out of hours service after suffering with a very swollen throat unable to eat or drink and I didn't realise you needed to book through 111.. the friendly receptionist suggested I visit the miu downstairs instead as I should be able to be seen there. The MIU staff were welcoming and polite, I filled out a form and was seen very quickly. I saw both the nurse and doctor who confirmed I had a really bad case of tonsillitis. The nurse gave me some antibiotics and they gave me advice on other things to take at home to help it get better. They also gave me good advice in case it gets worse. All the staff were so friendly and caring. After being in agony for three days I really can't thank them enough and I am so grateful to have such an excellent service in Southampton. Please pass my gratitude onto the nurse and doctor on duty on Sunday 17th August in the morning.

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 17 September 2017

Thank you so much for your positive comments, it is always good to hear about our patients experiences when visiting our unit. We are staffed by Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics, who would have been who you saw on your visit this morning. I will pass on your thanks to the team on duty today and we wish you a speedy recovery.

Lizzie Hendra gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Minor Injuries Unit

I was refered to the the Minor Injuries Unit by my local GP with a suspected broken ankle. The service I received from start to finish was absolutely amazing.. I can't thank you enough! I attended the unit on my own and the staff really looked after me. Thank you so much and luckily my ankle wasn't broken!

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 18 September 2017

So glad to hear you had a positive experience with us and your ankle is not broken. All our staff, both Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics are experienced in assessing and treating a full range of injuries. Should you need to visit us again in future we are always open until 21.30 hours 365 days a year.

Great service

I was referred to the MIU from a call to 111 following a sports injury. We were in and out in 50 minutes which was great!

The paramedic person we saw was really friendly and knowledgeable, and I came away with some good strong painkillers and a lot of advice about my injury.

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 27 September 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of the Minor injury Unit. We are please to hear you had a good experience when visiting us. Please do come and see us again in the future should the need arise.

Karen gave General Surgery at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Gall bladder surgery

Would like to thank all the staff from admin, admissions, anaesthetist especially the anaesthetist nurse for keeping me calm, the surgeon, the lovely recovery nurse, the ward nurses and the docs for looking after me so well while I was having the surgery and also overnight on the ward and the following day!! You are all amazing and do a wonderful job. So blessed to have received such amazing care and met such selfless people. Thank you.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 28 September 2017

We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience in our care. It is rewarding to hear for all of our staff and your comments will be passed on.

Very efficient

I attended one hour after opening and was the only one waiting so i was seen quickly by a cheerful nurse practitioner. They were unable to help due to the severity of my condition but secured a same day consultation with a specialist at the General Hosp.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. We sincerely hope the SGH were able to help you today and wish you a speedy recovery.

Michael Travis gave Ophthalmology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Eye Surgery

Dear Sir/Madam,

The operation to my left eye was carried out by a No.1 Top class expert eye surgeon and they saved the sight of my eye after being almost blind in it for over 4 years. I am considerably indebted to you and your first class staff and organisation. May I also congratulate the Management on the professional way in which this Department is run. With grateful thanks, Yours sincerely, Michael Travis.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 08 October 2017

We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience under our care. Your comments will be greatly received by our staff.

Robert Baxter gave General Surgery at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement

I was very well received at the RSH. All staff were very helpful and understanding. No request was too much trouble to carry out. My treatment prior to my operation and the time spent in hospital was made very bearable by your excellent and professional staff.

Thank you very much.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 09 October 2017

We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience under our care. Thank you for your comments; they will be greatly received by our staff.