Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Telephone: 0115 969 1169
Address: Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 3 stars

Edward 2 Ward

I was admitted to Edward2 Ward after an athroscopy. The care I received prior to theatre during surgery and in recovery was first class I have a known problem with a low temperature during surgery and this was all dealt with straight away. It was a differant matter when I reached the ward the nurse who was dealing with me was very disorganised and seemed to flit from one thing to another without achieving anything. I arrived on the ward at 10-30 the half hourly obs were taken at 11 and 11-30 and then not again until 3-30 the drip I had stopped working almost straight away and although I told the nurse nothing was done about it until I told another nurse later in the afternoon. My drugs chart was lost so the only thing I could be given was paracetamol. The drugs from pharmacy turned up in the office the next morning. T top this off all the info I came home with including the letter to my doctor say I had a right knee arthroscopy when in fact it was a left knee. The care on the ward seemed chaotic with bells not being answered I would add that this was the opinion of all the ladies in my bay.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 17 August 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 21 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are concerned to hear about your experience in our care. Although it is pleasing to learn that you had some great care before your operation, it seems we could have done better with your after-care. We would like to look into this further so that we can provide you with a more meaningful response. If you wish us to do so, please contact the ward sister, Nova Charles on 0115 969 1169 or via email on nova.charles@nuh.nhs.uk to provide your details and dates of your stay and we will go from there.

Anne Langham gave Genetics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

I have recently been receiving genetic counselling at the City Hospital and feel I must express my thanks and appreciation for the service I have received. I first saw my counsellor in April and over the following months she has been so caring and supportive,always available to answer any questions I had or to ring me back.She referred me to several departments for investigations which went though very smoothly and efficiently. I was then able to have blood tests and yesterday received my result which thankfully was negative. The NHS gets a lot of bad press but I am truly impressed with the service I have received.
My thanks to all involved but especially to my counsellor.
Anne Langham

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 15 August 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. It is great to hear that you experienced such good care from our genetic counselling team. We will be happy to pass your message to everyone involved in your care.

Floyd gave Stroke services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Acute care of stroke

The NHS at its best.

My elderly mother was admitted with ? stroke .
I am so grateful and full of admiration for the care and skills of the staff-from ambulance crew ( who popped back while on ward a few hours later to see how she was ) , to nurses and doctors-and even the tea lady !

I arrived an hour or so after my mother frightened but clearly she had had very good care and the junior staff and consultant explained what was going on and what the implications of the tests were.They did this very patiently and clearly despite being busy.

Thank-you

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Sheryl Fraser gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

John Abercrombie His team and ward staff

I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and spent three months in the hospital.
Thank you to the consultant and your team of surgeons who performed surgery
Thank you to the consultant's P.A
Thank you to all the nursing, ward, staff receptionists domestics. Thank You for your Professional care and kindness.

Andrew and Sheryl Fraser
Nottingham

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 11 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 July 2014

Thank you both for posting such lovely comments. It is great to hear that you experienced such good care from our surgical and ward colleagues. We will be happy to pass your message of thanks on to everyone involved in your care.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are now open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members for an award. The Digestive Diseases and Thoracics category is most relevant to the comments you have posted. You can nominate via our website at http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028. It takes just a few minutes to do so.

Ian gave General Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Phlebotomy

Excellent calm un-rushed service today from the Phlebotomist in Cubicle 2.
The waiting area was really busy, but the cubicle area was an oasis of calm.
Excellent.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 10 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 July 2014

Thank you for your comment, it is great to hear that you had such a pleasant experience in our care. We will let our colleagues there know that you appreciated the calm atmosphere, which made you feel confident in your treatment.

Elliimae gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Loxley stay

I was in loxley ward from1st to 4th July and must say the staff were all very caring, so thank you to each and every one.

I Would also like to thank the surgical teams - excellent job! I am now recovering really well. If I had to go again to loxley I wouldn't feel anxious to do so.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 08 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely comment. We’re pleased to hear you are recovering well and had a good experience in our care. We will pass your kind words to our colleagues on Loxley and the surgical team.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are now open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members for an award. The Family Health category is most relevant to the comments you have posted. Please go to our website to find out more: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028.

John Bell reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Fast Track

When I was found to have a tumour in the lung and another in the brain I was told that I had been placed on the fast track for treatment and that I would be treated in 62 days although clearly longer term treatment like chemo/radio might go beyond this. I have found that no-one in the City seems to know anything about 'fast track', and I am now on day 68, and the treatment has not started, although I go to Sheffield tomorrow for the gammaknife procedure on my brain lesion.
After that my next appointment is on 19 June, some 84 days after I was told that I was being 'fast-tracked'
My point is that either the hospital has such a scheme or it doesn't. Why tell a patient that he/she will be treated in a given time frame when the staff seem to know nothing about it. It raises false hopes.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Linby/Papplewick Day Ward

I accompanied my husband today to the Linby/papplewick day ward, where he was booked in for an Angiogram. The staff on the ward were amazing, so friendly and caring. Nothing was too much trouble and every procedure was full explained. What could have been a traumatic experience was dealt with professionally and with compassion by all the staff concerned.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 21 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely message. We are glad to hear that your husband and you had such a good experience of our hospital and that the staff you encountered took the time to make sure you were fully informed and dealt with professionally and with compassion. We will pass your kind words on to our colleagues on Linby and Papplewick Day Ward, they will appreciate them.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful

I was admitted for brain surgery after a fall at home. The care I received was second to none. The staff were extremely kind and couldn't have done more to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I had to be transferred to another hospital nearer to home after 10 days and, although I was also cared for very well there, I would rather have stayed at Nottingham. Thank you so much.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 04 May 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 May 2014

We are very glad to hear that you experienced such excellent care from our hospital, thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. We will pass your kind words on to our colleagues on the team involved in your care.

Keri Hawthorn gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

What a wonderful stay!

I,ve just had a couple of days in the City hospital and what a wonderful experience it was.I,ve had ACL reconstructive surgery on my leg. I was then placed on the surgical short stay unit. What a marvellous team they have on there. I really cannot thank them enough for making my stay so comfortable! I believe in angels but I never thought I,d actually meet some. Well how wrong I was as every valuable member of staff on that unit is one. You know who you are. I truly don,t know how to thank you for your sincere kindness. The care I received was second to none. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Each and every one of you are absolutely amazing.

Keri Hawthorn

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 May 2014

Hello Keri, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are very glad to hear that you have such a good experience of the City hospital and felt so well cared for by our colleagues in the surgical short stay unit. We will pass your message of thanks on to the whole team there, we are sure they will appreciate hearing from you. We wish you all the best for your continued recovery from your surgery.