Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Terry Alvey gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

My grateful thanks

In October I had a TURP procedure. At the check up in January it was discovered that I still had some urine retention and so procedures were put in place. Today I was discharged.
The care I have received over the last 9 months has been superb.
The nursing staff in the Urology Centre spent a lot of time giving me help and advice in a caring and highly professional manner. The Consultants who dealt with me were excellent and the care I received on Harvey 2 Ward was out of this world..
I owe a great debt of gratitude to many people. Thank you..

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 11 April 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 12 April 2016

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I’ve shared your message of thanks with my colleagues in urology and on Harvey 2.

Best wishes,
Maria Duffin-Mills
Matron, Urology

Lesley gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Loxley Ward

Having had previous bad experiences within the NHS, my default position is one of expect the worst and you will not be disappointed. Loxley ward has bucked this trend. A very well run ward. From the consultant down, everyone was available to discuss treatment and what and why procedures were done. Thank you.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 12 April 2016

Great news. I’ve shared your comments with the ward team who asked me to say thanks for your feedback.
Warmest regards,
Benita Brear
Matron, Gynaecology

Susan Dobbyn gave Lung cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

My review of Barclay Thoracic Surgery Unit

I have just returned home having had Thoracic lung Surgery and was on Barclay ward for 9 Days , The whole experience was made much better because of the incredibly hard working staff nothing was to much trouble to make your stay as comfortable as possible they work such long hours and still manage to keep this ward cheerful even though they must be exhausted at times. A very big thank you to you all from myself and my Family.

So if you are booked to come onto Barclays have no worries you will be taken very good care of from the minute you arrive until it's time to go home.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 25 April 2016

Hi Susan. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I am sure that the account of your experience will offer much assurance to other patients who may be anxious about coming into hospital.
I’ve shared your lovely feedback with the team on Barclay.
Hope you’re feeling better. Best wishes to you and the family.
Lorraine Alexander.
Ward manager, Barclay.

Patient Opinion Logo

Robin H gave Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary (HPB) service at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy - investigate colon and bowel

Hello I would like to thank all the staff in the colonoscopy department yesterday the care I was given was superb and first response.

The nurse who checked me in for my for my procedure and completed my assessment form was friendly and had a good conversation about the procedure in which they were fantastic.

I would like to also thank the surgeon and the assisting staff, who carried out my colonoscopy showed great concern in which we all spoke about my ongoing parasite problem affecting me including the pains, diorrhea and bloating, they were also very professional and first class in which I was a bit nervous but they comforted me in every and I felt relaxed with the procedure and gas that was used to help me, some eggs may have shown and I had some biopsies which are yet to be further investigated.

The care and procedure I had was first class, I would recommend this to anyone with a range of Gastro issues, the city hospital gastro information website could do with an update with the range of treatments you carry out, everything was excellent.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 28 April 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 29 April 2016

Thanks Robin for this glowing report of your care and thanks for the recommendation! I’ve shared this kind feedback with the team for you.

Thanks as well for the feedback regarding the website. I will work with the digital team to ensure the site is correct and updated.

Hope you’re recovering nicely.

Rekhaben Patel.

Howard Giles gave Stroke services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Very efficient

I was admitted very early morning to the TIA unit in March due to a suspected stroke and despite it being the day of a junior doctors' strike (or perhaps because of it) I was seen promptly and sent for various tests the same day.

I thought the staff very polite, committed and efficient so I could not have asked for more.
I remain alive and kicking, and put this down to the prompt treatment received. Thank you very much.

Howard Giles

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 18 April 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 19 April 2016

Hi Howard.

I’m pleased to hear you are recovering well and were pleased with your care and treatment. We’ve passed on your note to our stroke team at City Hospital.

I hope you’re recovering well.

Best wishes,
Tracy Palmer.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner, TIA Clinic.

Anonymous reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

My wife has Parkinson's, breast cancer and ME and is totally dependent on help..

My wife has Parkinson's, breast cancer and ME and is totally dependent on help to meet all her needs. Since the time I first contacted the local authority to request some help at home I have been very pleasantly surprised with all the help I have received, both in the care package, the equipment and the community services. I have found that the nurses, the physios and the OT's have unfailingly helpful, kind and sympathetic, as has my GP. I have also found the Carers Service very helpful. I would particularly like to mention the OT, who has gone out of her way to help my wife. It would be helpful to have more information about domiciliary visits.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 06 March 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 08 March 2016

It’s great to know your wife received such great care in the community and at Nottingham City Hospital. I’ll share your kind words with the team on your wife’s behalf.

Maria Duffin-Mills.
Matron, Cancer and Associated Specialties.

Chritopher Baker gave Cardiology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Feedback relating to day case visit - Friday 11/3/16

I was admitted on time and processed in a professional manner by friendly staff.I was kept informed about the proceedure and advised on scheduling and what would happen by ward staff and doctors.
The proceedure was handled in a sensitive and professional way, before during and after.
Aftercare on the ward was exemplary,by all staff, but especially Josh Nason, who obviously enjoys his work and cares about his paients, even though they are only day cases. Even the food was good!
The whole experience was good and, hopefully, the proceedure will improve my quality of life.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 12 March 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 14 March 2016

Thanks for this glowing feedback. I have shared with all staff on the unit, including Josh.
I hope you’re recovering well.

Julia Ivanova.
Manager, Cardiology Short Stay Unit.

Mrs B reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Disappointed with the lack of communication

Had a phone call out the blue telling me they were phoning me to book a pre op appointment, however have not received a letter with no warning. Secretary advised letter awaiting consultant signature, not good in my opinion. Think I annoyed the secretary. The secretary said it's up to you if you have it. it's my health at stake here of course a letter or phone call from them would of helped.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 17 March 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 21 March 2016

Thank you for writing in. I’m sorry to hear about the poor service you received and also the inappropriate response you received from the secretary when you raised your concern. If you’d like to discuss this further, I’d be happy for you to get in touch with me directly – you can telephone me on 0115 969 1169 ext 59679.
Marie Duffin-Mills
Matron, Urology

Patient Opinion Logo

David Edgley gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Having an MRI and CT scan

The scans were carried out most efficiently, on time, by pleasant and helpful staff.

What more can one ask for?

The Department was the Dept. of Nuclear Medicine, which does not appear in the drop down list.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 24 March 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 29 March 2016

Thanks for the feedback. I’m pleased your appointment went smoothly. I’ve shared your kind words with our team.

Thanks,
David Pye, Head of Nuclear Medicine

Anonymous gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 1 stars

Disgusted

Apathetic staff
Staff openly arguing with each other (on two wards)
Staff not knowing what they are doing/what needs to be done
Anxiety causing issues
Patients not safe

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 25 March 2016

I’m very concerned to read your post, especially your safety concerns and poor behaviours. I would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with me to provide more information so I can look into this for you. You can reach me on 76012 or email carole.brookes@nuh.nhs.uk.

Carole Brooks. Interim Deputy Chief Nurse.