Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Patrick Crang gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Surgical short stay unit

Every member of staff that I came in contact with from the Consultant to the cleaning staff were fantastic . I came into hospital very wary and nervous but was put at ease straight away by everyone . The care and attention was second to none . If this is the NHS in decline then it must have been really something when at its best . Fantastic people doing a fantastic job and they made a difficult time into a very tolerable experience. Top marks to a top team . Thank you

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 January 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you. It’s good of you to get in touch. I have shared your feedback with all staff on the unit.

Louise Challans,

Matron, Surgical Short Stay Unit.

Anonymous reviewed Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary (HPB) service at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Staff forgot me!

Because of bed shortages I was taken post op to Harvey 1 instead of Winifred 2. As a result the staff there were unsure what I was allowed to eat before a doctor came. I was omitted from the morning round, About 12 I complained, some calls were made but nothing happened.About 1 pm I got tearful as all I had in food from 7 pm Tuesday till then (1pm Thursday) was a cup of tea when I was told that my op was delayed. Someone came and said I could have a 'sloppy diet' but did not explain what this was. All I got on Thursday was tomato soup and 2 ice creams. It was not the fault of the ward staff that this happened but a failure of the medical staff to follow up on their previous day's patients. This is totally unacceptable.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 14 January 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 17 January 2017

Thanks for your message. I am sorry to hear your experience was not as we would wish it to be. Patients should not have to go so long without food/drink. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further on 0115 969 1169 ext. 56433 and I can look into your case.

Louise Challans,

Matron, Surgical Divison.

Anonymous gave Genito-Urinary Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

GU Medicine

I would like to thank all the staff at the GU Clinic for treating me with such kindness and respect during a very worrying time in my life. Especially thank an you to the receptionist who was very understanding and informative when I was booking my appointment, and the nurse who took my blood test who was amazing, I didn't feel a thing. You were all very kind and sensitive in a situation I hoped never to find myself in and I felt in very safe hands. I also got my results within 2 days which I thought was absolutely fantastic and they were all clear! Thank you all so so much, you do a great job.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 15 January 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 16 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I have shared your feedback with the team, who all send their thanks and best wishes for the future.

Warmest regards,

Susan Griffiths,

Matron, Sexual Health Services.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic staff

Visited the breast institute within a week from being referred by my GP and at what was quite a stressful time I cannot praise the staff enough. Everyone from the receptionist, to nurse and support staff and the doctor was so friendly and calm it put me at ease. I was assessed, taken for a scan and allowed to leave within 30 minutes of my appointment time.thank you all very much

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 19 January 2017

This is good to hear. Thanks for getting in touch. I’m pleased you felt so well looked after by every member of the team you came into contact with. I’ve shared your feedback with our staff.

Hannah Belsham.
Breast Institute Manager.

RT gave Critical care at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 3 stars

City hospital

Today, 21 Jan 17, I visited a friend who's currently a patient in the hospital. I have no evidence, one way or the other about areas of activity set out above. My sole purpose in writing is to complain about the outrageous car parking charges you apply. I find this a shocking state of affairs; little more than a unwarranted levy on people who in many cases have no alternative but to travel by car. Please do not bother to reply!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 21 January 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Martha Holland reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

I would like to say a big Thank you to the Respiratory Assessment unit City...

I would like to say a big Thank you to the Respiratory Assessment unit City Hospital Nottingham the staff were all rushed off their feet but not too busy to answer questions, their kindness and consideration showed to me was fantastic I was only in over night but goodness knows where I would be now without them, thank you, thank you soo much.
Big three cheers for our wonderful NHS, hooray, hooray, hooray
my love and thanks once again to all xx

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 24 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 28 December 2016

Hello Martha,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback and for the ‘three cheers!’ I have shared this with the Respiratory Assessment Unit staff, who all wish you a Happy New Year.

Helen Gregory.
Respiratory Matron.

Happy with NUH reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

A very efficient service

The xray department at City Hospital is a brilliant service from start to finish. Booking the appointment was easy and the member of staff who I spoke to on the phone was very pleasant and helpful. The receptionist was friendly and polite. I was early for my appointment but was seen almost straight away and was in and out before my appointment time. A very efficient service.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 31 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 03 January 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share how things went. I’m pleased to hear that you were seen quickly and efficiently and that you found our staff friendly and polite. I’ve shared your feedback with our City Hospital x-ray team.

Best wishes for the New Year
Jane McKay
Matron, Radiology

RES85 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Thank you so much to the labour suite at the city campus for the amazing care I

Thank you so much to the labour suite at the city campus for the amazing care I received on when we welcomed our son into the world. The midwife who was with us throughout the delivery was so caring, professional and reassuring. We are so grateful for everything that she did and couldn't have asked for better care.
Thanks again

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 03 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 03 January 2017

Congratulations on the birth of your son and thank you getting in touch. I’ve shared your comments with Maria and my colleagues in the labour suite. Happy New Year to you and your family!
Yvonne Reddish
Matron, City Hospital Maternity

RES85 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Amazing care received on Lawrence ward. Special thank you to midwives they were

Amazing care received on Lawrence ward. Special thank you to midwives they were so caring, reassuring and understanding also extremely professional. They always ensured they explained everything thoroughly and I am really grateful for the care that I received!
Thanks again

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 03 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 03 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a line. I’ve shared your comments with the team.
We appreciate your comments and wish you the very best for the coming year.
Rebecca Hayes
Ward Manager, Lawrence Ward

Western276 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

A "smile" goes further than treatment at times

Julie (7C) Kerry (15) and Mr Saunders + C15 staff (kings Mill) + all other staff at the radiotherapy dept- City Hospital Nottingham including reception areas- they are always available to me - helpful- and they have or take the time to listen and sort my problems out as far as they are able to.
PS "smile" goes further than treatment at times- and they are all fantastic in that area as well as being very professional in their duties.
Thanks

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 02 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback. I have shared your lovely comment with the relevant teams and they all send their thanks and best wishes for the future.

Jane McKay, Matron.