Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Richard Machin gave Haematology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Extremely pleased with Dr and Nurse in Haematology Departmen

I visited the Haematology Department on Friday 7th July 2017 for a Bone Marrow Biopsy. I can honestly say the Doctor and Nurse who treated me were extremely kind and sensitive to my needs. The whole process was very professional with no pain for me and went very well. Thank you so much to all concerned.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 July 2017

Thanks for dropping us a line Richard. It’s good of you to do so. I’ve shared your feedback with staff in our Haematology Department.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Robin Binks

Haematology Matron

kevin gave Orthotics and Prosthetics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

What a great job

The treatment I received whilst in the Orthotics department was second to none. It's as simple as that

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I’ve shared your message with my team.
Best wishes
Liz Thomas
Head of Service, Orthotics

Anonymous gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

My partners visit

I accompanied my wife this week to the Breast Institute at the City Hospital regarding her and her Doctors observations. There was obvious concern in both of our minds which we tried to put to the back of our minds until her appointment, which was in the order of 10 days from diagnosis. As the big day loomed and you walk through the door you can’t help but worry especially given the amount of our dearest friends and family with breast cancer.
From walking through the door until leaving we could not fault or criticise any aspect of the warm and friendly service we received or the facilities. The staff were excellent and very knowledgeable and the entire process went smoothly throughout. At no point did we feel left out of the loop or that our questions were pointless.
I, am used to the excellent standards on offer with the American military and have used their medical services on many occasions and I can honestly say that the service we encountered was as good if not better. The calming reassurance and professionalism of the staff have forged a lasting image on our minds and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your time and efforts.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 13 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 14 July 2017

I greatly appreciate your feedback, which I will share with our staff. I’m pleased we were able to reassure you and your wife during what was no doubt an incredibly worrying and stressful time for you both.

Wishing both you and your wife well,

Hannah Belsham.

Breast Institute Manager.

Ladydi reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Support from bereavement midwife

I just wanted to pass on my thanks to Mandy (bereavement midwife) who looked after my daughter and her partner during the birth of their stillborn son. The care and compassion they received helped during this extremely difficult and emotional time. Thank you ❤️

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 07 July 2017

It’s kind of you to get in touch. I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I’ve shared your kind message with Mandy, our the bereavement midwife.
Helen Janiszewski
Matron, Maternity Department (City Hospital)

HAM reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

The nurse was a very calming influence

My husband was recently admitted into critical care for four days following extensive gastric surgery. The care he received was amazing, the staff were attentive to his needs, they explained everything to both of us and nothing was too much trouble. Nurse Emma looked after him for two days and never seemed to stop checking everything and was a very calming influence when alarms were sounding.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments about our staff (and Emma in particular). It sounds like she made a real difference to you and your husband during his stay. I’ve shared your comments with Emma and our critical care team.

I hope your husband is feeling better following his surgery.

Rebecca Selwyn.

Critical Care Matron.

GrnthamMIke reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Poor customer-facing skills at Linden Lodge Reception

I visited Linden Lodge to see a patient there recently. The receptionist who had buzzed me in ignored me studiously so I stood quietly waiting for them to notice my presence. When they eventually did and I explained the purpose of my visit I was brusquely told that I should write my details in the visitor's book. If the receptionist has some personal worry that caused them to behave this way then I sympathise but otherwise their attitude was completely at odds with every other member of staff whom I encountered. This was my first visit and my initial impression was extremely poor.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 03 July 2017

I’m sorry to hear you experienced such poor behaviour. It would be helpful if we could speak to you to get more details so that I can speak to the member of staff concerned. If this is something you would like me to do, please contact the patient experience team on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Louise Challans.

Matron, Linden Lodge.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery Unit, Nottingham City Hospital

I was a patient at the Day Surgery Unit of Nottingham City Hospital in June for breast cancer surgery.

I was overwhelmed by the care and attention given to me by every member of staff who supported me on that day: reception staff, porter, anaesthetist, surgeon, nurses and registrar. At each stage everything was explained clearly to me and I was also given the opportunity to ask questions so I fully understood each part of the procedure.

The kind, friendly, patient, reassuring approach of all staff made the experience so much easier for me. I really appreciated it and wanted to acknowledge this.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 07 July 2017

Thank you. I’ve shared your feedback with the team.
Sending our best wishes
Maria Shallow
Matron, Operating Theatres

Aharry reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Examination by Scopes Team @ Nottingham Hospital

Well received by team. Examination thoroughly carried out expertly and proficiently. The team were very courteous and very professional

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 17 July 2017

Thank you so much for getting in touch. I’ve shared your feedback with the Scopes team.

Dr Rob Morris,
Consultant, Scopes Team.

Philo reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Admitted to the stroke unit

I recently suffered from a mild stroke and was admitted the Stroke Unit above. Within minutes of arrival I was seen by a doctor and the proposed course of action explained to me in clear, unambiguous terms that I could fully understand. The entire staff worked as a team that not only coped with a handicapped body but instilled in me a confidence of mind to look positively on the future. Improvement would happen. There was an open friendliness on the ward that was infectious and it percolated not only the medical and nursing staff but included those bringing in meals and drinks. On my discharge, a member of the nursing staff accompanied me from the ward and down the corridor to the door. This may not seem a big event but, believe me, if you are involved, it is a testament to the concern for the patient who happens to also be a person.
I can never express adequately my gratitude to that very marvellous and inspiring team.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 17 July 2017

I’m pleased to read that our staff filled you with confidence and positivity, both of which are an important part of patients’ rehabilitation and recovery. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. We greatly appreciate it.

Wishing you well,

Helen Gregory.

Matron, Stroke.

JenJen reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Excellent support at Urology

Donna has supported me at all of my appointments with Mr Parkinson, consultant. She has been an absolute star. Always on hand with a friendly hug, a reassuring hand hold, a box of soft tissues, a cup of tea and biscuits when needed. She is an absolute credit to the Urology department. A huge thank you to her for all that she has done!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 13 June 2017

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to know you’ve had the support you need from Donna. We will ensure this feedback is shared with her directly.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Maria Duffin-Mills.