Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Telephone: 0115 969 1169
Address: Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Sheryl Fraser gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

John Abercrombie His team and ward staff

I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and spent three months in the hospital.
Thank you to the consultant and your team of surgeons who performed surgery
Thank you to the consultant's P.A
Thank you to all the nursing, ward, staff receptionists domestics. Thank You for your Professional care and kindness.

Andrew and Sheryl Fraser
Nottingham

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 11 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 July 2014

Thank you both for posting such lovely comments. It is great to hear that you experienced such good care from our surgical and ward colleagues. We will be happy to pass your message of thanks on to everyone involved in your care.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are now open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members for an award. The Digestive Diseases and Thoracics category is most relevant to the comments you have posted. You can nominate via our website at http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028. It takes just a few minutes to do so.

Ian gave General Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Phlebotomy

Excellent calm un-rushed service today from the Phlebotomist in Cubicle 2.
The waiting area was really busy, but the cubicle area was an oasis of calm.
Excellent.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 10 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 July 2014

Thank you for your comment, it is great to hear that you had such a pleasant experience in our care. We will let our colleagues there know that you appreciated the calm atmosphere, which made you feel confident in your treatment.

Elliimae gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Loxley stay

I was in loxley ward from1st to 4th July and must say the staff were all very caring, so thank you to each and every one.

I Would also like to thank the surgical teams - excellent job! I am now recovering really well. If I had to go again to loxley I wouldn't feel anxious to do so.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 08 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely comment. We’re pleased to hear you are recovering well and had a good experience in our care. We will pass your kind words to our colleagues on Loxley and the surgical team.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are now open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members for an award. The Family Health category is most relevant to the comments you have posted. Please go to our website to find out more: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028.

John Bell reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Fast Track

When I was found to have a tumour in the lung and another in the brain I was told that I had been placed on the fast track for treatment and that I would be treated in 62 days although clearly longer term treatment like chemo/radio might go beyond this. I have found that no-one in the City seems to know anything about 'fast track', and I am now on day 68, and the treatment has not started, although I go to Sheffield tomorrow for the gammaknife procedure on my brain lesion.
After that my next appointment is on 19 June, some 84 days after I was told that I was being 'fast-tracked'
My point is that either the hospital has such a scheme or it doesn't. Why tell a patient that he/she will be treated in a given time frame when the staff seem to know nothing about it. It raises false hopes.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Linby/Papplewick Day Ward

I accompanied my husband today to the Linby/papplewick day ward, where he was booked in for an Angiogram. The staff on the ward were amazing, so friendly and caring. Nothing was too much trouble and every procedure was full explained. What could have been a traumatic experience was dealt with professionally and with compassion by all the staff concerned.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 21 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely message. We are glad to hear that your husband and you had such a good experience of our hospital and that the staff you encountered took the time to make sure you were fully informed and dealt with professionally and with compassion. We will pass your kind words on to our colleagues on Linby and Papplewick Day Ward, they will appreciate them.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful

I was admitted for brain surgery after a fall at home. The care I received was second to none. The staff were extremely kind and couldn't have done more to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I had to be transferred to another hospital nearer to home after 10 days and, although I was also cared for very well there, I would rather have stayed at Nottingham. Thank you so much.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 04 May 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 May 2014

We are very glad to hear that you experienced such excellent care from our hospital, thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. We will pass your kind words on to our colleagues on the team involved in your care.

Keri Hawthorn gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

What a wonderful stay!

I,ve just had a couple of days in the City hospital and what a wonderful experience it was.I,ve had ACL reconstructive surgery on my leg. I was then placed on the surgical short stay unit. What a marvellous team they have on there. I really cannot thank them enough for making my stay so comfortable! I believe in angels but I never thought I,d actually meet some. Well how wrong I was as every valuable member of staff on that unit is one. You know who you are. I truly don,t know how to thank you for your sincere kindness. The care I received was second to none. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Each and every one of you are absolutely amazing.

Keri Hawthorn

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 May 2014

Hello Keri, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are very glad to hear that you have such a good experience of the City hospital and felt so well cared for by our colleagues in the surgical short stay unit. We will pass your message of thanks on to the whole team there, we are sure they will appreciate hearing from you. We wish you all the best for your continued recovery from your surgery.

Anonymous gave Maternity service at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

fantastic for two births

I had two premature babies born at city hospital. Both births were made as good as they could be given the situations of being 8 and then 10 weeks early. Staff were supportive and showed great empathy, and going onto the neonatal wards- they were fautless.
Yes waiting times arent great for antenatal clinics but once i was in labour and onwards i truly felt i was given unwaivered support during very emotional and difficult times,so thank you so much.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 14 April 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words, and congratulations on the births of your children. We are very glad to hear you have had such good experiences of the maternity and neonatal service at our hospital, and that you felt you received such good support from our colleagues in these teams. We will share your lovely message of thanks with them.

Nottmuk gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I would like to say a great big Thank You to the Endoscopy Department at City Hospital. The treatment and care I got from the doctor and all the staff were first class. Please Note the department is Endoscopy and not Urology Thank You

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 12 April 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 22 April 2014

Thank you for your kind compliments. We are glad to hear that you felt so well treated, and we will be sure to pass your appreciation on to our colleagues in Endoscopy.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Nottingham City Hospital

Having moved to Nottm nearly eight years ago and having been an in patient and an out patient for nearly seven years I cannot fault Nottingham City Hospital.
I was on Flemming Ward for sixteen days in 2007..Staff and Consultant First Class.
Meals excellent.. in fact everything put before me was well presented and very enjoyable.
A Big Thank you NHS

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 01 April 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 04 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and thanks, we are very glad to hear that you have experienced consistently good care at Nottingham City hospital over the years. It is lovely in particular to hear your enjoyment of the food during your time on Fleming Ward - did you know that Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust is the first hospital to receive the Soil Association's Gold Food for Life Catering Mark for serving fresh, healthy meals made with locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients?