Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Telephone: 0115 969 1169
Address: Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Garry Owen gave Cardiology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Short stay

Day visit to Cardiology short stay unit for investigation, staff were friendly and efficient and made stay comfortable. Everything was explained about procedure by nursing staff and doctors. Support staff care was excellent.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 09 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 17 December 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re pleased to hear you found our colleagues in cardiology to be friendly and efficient. We will share your kind words about the good quality of care you received with our cardiology short stay team.

derek mcquarrie gave Gastrointestinal cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

diagnosis & surgery

The care & attention given to me by the oncology team, the surgical team & the nurses on St Winifreds 2 was outstandingly good. From the time of my diagnoses right through to the operation everything was done in a professional, efficient & caring way & I am being given excellent support during my recovery.
Particular thanks to one person for her help throughout.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 17 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

I want to say a big thank you to all who helped me overcome my fear that day. I

I want to say a big thank you to all who helped me overcome my fear that day. I was on Gillies ward bay two, nothing was to much trouble for them on the ward, the porter's that took me down and back to theatre were very kind, my anaesthetist was brilliant, so were the team in theatre, the nurse who took me to the loo while down there and came to see me straight after my opp, and not forgetting my plastic surgeon, my nose already looks better. Hoping not to be back any time soon !!! But Nottingham City Hospital will be my choice every time. Oh forgot the lovely member of staff that did my pre opp and the nurse who did my blood test that day.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 11 December 2014

Thank you for such lovely feedback. We appreciate coming into hospital can be a difficult and daunting experience for patients, and we are very pleased to hear that our colleagues on Gillies ward and in theatres helped you feel at ease. We will pass on your message of thanks to the team.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Being cared for ,that I matted

I have been suffering for 4 years ,( with a thing hanging )
In April in 2014 I went to see my doctor ,
Told me it would settle it was a ?? It would settle it didn't
I then went back to see my other doc ,she told me it was something different ,
That again it would settle ( which it didn't ) plus very very painful and distressing
I asked in Sept that I needed to see this consultant ( she had already done surgrey on me 5 years ago )
She was amazing ,and I mean amazing ,
I saw her on the 5 Nov ,had surgry on the 24 Nov
And 4 years of hell ,dealing with all this
She sorted me out in 3 weeks ,Treated with such kindness !Respect
If I had paid £ !! I could not have been treated better or with such kindness

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 28 November 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re pleased to hear you have made a good recovery and felt you were treated with kindness and respect by your consultant.

jennifer smith gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Total hip replacement

The consultant surgeon performed a left total hip replacement on me 3rd November and I was discharged 9th November after a very successful operation. Just over one week I am feeling the benefit of it already. The district nurse was very impressed by the condition and neatness of my wound. Exellent surgeon I well recommend him.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 12 November 2014

A team

I'm sorry to have missed out the other wonderful staff ,when I had surgery on the 24 Nov, on Loxley ward ,
You can tell your getting older, when the Anaestetiist (looking so young )
But she was amazing ,explaining every thing to me
Also the the theater staff also just amazing, they made me feel safe
but sorry to say , the nursing staff was not what I expected ,from walking in at 7/35 in the morning, which I wish to forget, as I will not let them spoil the wonderful care I recieved from the doctor and the rest of a great team around her

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 10 December 2014

Thank you for writing to thank all the staff who looked after you during your time with us. It’s good to hear our colleagues on Loxley and in theatres helped you feel safe and well cared for. We will pass your kind words to the relevant teams.

Mara gave Maternity services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Emergency C-Section at Nottingham City Hospital

What I liked

I was thoroughly impressed with the standard of care my baby and I received at the Nottingham City Hospital Maternity Unit, and whilst on the Bonington Ward. I felt looked after and fully confident in the abilities of all the staff I came in to contact with. They were caring, they listened, and they were supportive. The midwives, anaesthetists, doctors and nurses that looked after me at the Maternity Unit before and during my emergency C-Section were absolutely outstanding. During what was a stressful time for us we felt supported and well cared for. We are proud to have such a fantastic team and service available at our local hospital.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 1 stars

waiting times at Clinic 3

I left when I'd been waiting an hour as others had been waiting for more than 90 minutes so I was obviously not going to be seen any time soon. This happens every single time! None of the patients were happy and neither were the nursing staff having to deal with complaints. Just not good enough.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 31 October 2014

Thank you for raising this important concern. I would like to apologise for the delays you have incurred in our clinics and for any inconvenience this has caused to you.

Our Matron Barbara Lawrence will review the working arrangements within the clinic with the aim to ensure that patients are seen on time. Sometimes despite our best efforts clinics run late but this should be the exception. Thank you again for raising this important concern, if you wish to discuss it with further we would welcome you providing your contact details by emailing nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk’

Lesley Reilly, Clinical Lead, Outpatients and Barbara Lawrence, Matron/Head of Service

Anonymous gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Hospital feedback

I have just taken my 91-year old father to see the consultant at QMC in Nottingham and wanted to say that he was the most caring and sensitive consultant I've met in quite a while. His patience and concern for my Dad, together with the way in which he talked to him, was so human.

What a pleasure to meet a consultant who is so down-to-earth.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 01 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 03 October 2014

Thank you. It is pleasing to hear that you felt your father was well cared for and treated with respect and dignity. Please do let us know the name of the consultant who cared for your father and we will ensure he receives this positive feedback.

Pauline gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Hysterectomy

I was diagnosed with a prolapse 5 years ago (age 63) and it was treated using a pesory ring which was changed every 4 months. The consultant at that time was male and he said he wouldn't necessarily recommend an op. Each time I had the ring changed by a female GP I was asked whether I had ever considered an op. I was not in any pain or discomfort from the ring but on several occasions I developed an infection, which was only noticed when the ring was changed, and was treated over a 3-4 week period which meant being without the ring and uncomfortable. I decided earlier this year to see a consultant again with a view to having the op. The female consultant was extremely pleasant, talked to me a lot about what was involved in the op and gave me leaflets. I read the leaflets and reviews of post op experiences and it took me some time to decide to go ahead. I was on the waiting list 4 months, went into Loxley Ward, City hosp on Monday 22nd Sept., had the op that afternoon with general anaesthetic, ate a ham salad for my tea that evening and was up and about without catheter or IV drip the following morning, discharge home on Wednesday 24th, no pain, no problems.. I had the "suction" method so no external stitches, internal stitches will dissolve. I was lucky that I was fit and well before the op as I think that aids a speedy recovery. In fact I decided to have the op now as I didn't want to wait until I am older in case I'm not so healthy. Certainly a 10/10 from me for the procedure and all the staff involved.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 28 September 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 01 October 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that the female consultant you spoke to gave you all the information you needed and helped you to make a fully informed decision about whether or not to have your operation. We are pleased the operation went well, were able to go home quickly and felt you received good care from our colleagues on Loxley Ward. We hope your quick recovery continues. We will be sure tol pass your kind words and praise on to all involved in your care.