Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Dilwyn reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Long wait for MRI scan results

8 weeks ago, I was informed after an MRI scan that my consultant would have the result in two weeks time?
Today I have gone around the houses again! To be told mine has gone to an outside company, and the trouble is they never get the results back.
I know back door privatisation is coming in but why pay for a service that does not provide quality also with some I've talked with I am made to feel that I'm being a nuisance when all I am after is the results so that I can speak to my consultant to see were we go from here and my problems have increased over this what seems to treated as a short time however if you are the patient that is ill 8 weeks is far too long?

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 10 May 2016

Thank you for raising this concern. I'm sorry for the time it has taken so far for you to receive your MRI test results, and for any unnecessary worry this has caused you.
We currently have a back log of reporting for MRI and are working very hard to reduce this, however, the current turnaround time for MRI results is approximately 8 weeks.
I am sorry that this was not explained to you at the time of your scan. The MRI radiographers are being reminded (and will be again) not to give patients false expectation regarding the turnaround time for results.
Any delay is largely due to the implementation of the new PACS system, which will in the long term result in an improved service for patients.
Jonathan Coupland
MRI Modality Manager

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Oncology - Clinical at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 1 stars

Breast clinic

My daughter was diagnosed two weeks ago with advanced breast cancer, the way she was dealt with was inhuman. cold and heartless doesn't come close to describing her treatment. We were both so traumatised not only by this devastating news but by her treatment and tomorrow we have to return for the results of her CT scans, she cannot face going in the building. Do any of these people have family, do they have wives and daughters? In contrast the CT scanning suite at Queens was exemplary, they were all so kind, especially two HCA's one of whom was an angel when I broke down. If I had the choice I wouldn't set foot in this hospital again until they had addressed their whole way of dealing with people who have been given the most dreadful news they will ever hear, it is disgraceful.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 10 May 2016

I'm deeply concerned to read this, and I am sorry for any distress caused to your daughter or yourself by the way you were dealt with at the breast institute.
I would like to know more about what happened to you, so that I can take appropriate action. If you would like to discuss your experiences further (with permission from your daughter, as she is the patient), please get in touch with me on 0115 969 1169 ext 59053, or email me hannah.gregory@nuh.nhs.uk.
Hannah Gregory
Service Manager, Breast Institute

Dilwyn reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Day surgery appointments

I have chronic pain syndrome and receive infusions in day surgery every 12 weeks or should I say I should do because it's not been the case to date.
I have to phone at about 11 weeks to try and get my next appointment to be treated disrespectfully by the appointment clerk, the last comment I had when I asked politely why I had not received my 12 week letter to be told because we haven't sent it out yet and the doctors have to have holidays? I don't disagree that they deserve holidays however I deserve the treatment I receive for the chronic pain as I'm disabled through serving this country and have these problems because of that?
Therefore I would question why I have to chase every appointment to be made to feel it's your problem not mine I know my problems but I do not need to be talked as if I'm being a nuisance?

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 16 May 2016

Thank you for writing in - I'm sorry that this was your experience. Your concerns will be shared with the booking staff and with the directorate management team. We are doing all we can to improve waiting times and meet patients' expectations for their appointments. If you would like to speak to a service manager about any of the concerns you have you are welcome to do so, please call 0115 840 2652 and ask to speak to the service manager.

Paula Dixon

Acting Service Manager, Pain Management

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

fantastic

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 weeks ago. And had a lumpectomy yesterday. The staff I the breast institute are excellent. Caring and kind. Yesterday I arrived a t Elective admissions at 7am we waited in our bay.i was visited by my anaesthetist who explained everything and asked if I had any questions then I was visited by my surgeon who explained what they were going to do. Again I was asked if I had any questions.
I had to go over to the breast institute for a wire to be fitted. And then on to nuclear medicine for a injection to make the Lymph nodes easier to see.then back to the elective admissions to wait, my wait wasn't to long as I was second on the list. The. The call came the porter was on their way for me! My surgery took about a hour. I woke up in recovery my care there was excellent. Then taken up to Gillies ward. were I received excellent care from all the staff, including the person serving the meals. After another visit from my surgeon and anaesthetist I was allowed home that same night. I'd like to thank everyone I crossed paths with yesterday the theatre porters, the recovery team, the Gillies ward team and the catering team. And of course my surgeon and anaesthetist thank you. Fingers crossed we don't have to meet again!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 20 May 2016

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to hear that your treatment went well and that you were happy with every aspect of your care. I’ve shared your great feedback with the various teams you mention. We also hope (in the nicest way possible) that we don’t have to meet again!

Best wishes,

Maria Duffin-Mills.
Matron, Cancer & Associated Specialties.

Bulwell12 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Mental health and Dementia care

St Francis city hospital complex. there has been denial by admin staff that urgent referral letters faxed from GP s never arrived and extremely long waiting times for these appointents even though they are classed as urgent by the GP, I thihnk this is mainly due to part time medical staff including doctors all due to lack of funding this situation has been going on for an extremely long time and is leading to much distress

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 23 May 2016

Thank you for getting in touch. I’m sorry you’ve experienced delays with your appointment. The St Francis Unit on our City Hospital Campus is managed by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (which is a separate organisation). You can contact them at PALS@nottshc.nhs.uk. We will also forward your concern to them so that they can reply to you directly.

Sarah Kennedy.
Patient experience officer.

Paul gave Stroke services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

TIA unit

After an "episode" at work on a Tuesday, I saw my GP on the Wednesday and had an appointment at the TIA unit on the Friday. I was very impressed with the speed, efficiency, professionalism and respect I was treated with by staff in the TIA unit and Ultrasound Scan Dept. (and the cup of tea!) Even though I'm now at a low point in my life (the results of my visit were not what I really wanted to hear) it is heartening and reassuring to know that the "professionals" really do care.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 20 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 23 May 2016

Hi Paul.

Thanks for taking time to get in touch with us to share details of your experience, most especially at this difficult time for you. I’ve shared your feedback with relevant staff.

Wishing you well
Tracey Palmer.
TIA Unit manager.

Angela Hanby gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent in every aspect

I have just come home from Orthopaedic Day Surgery.
I had to do this straight away as I was so pleased with absolutely every aspect in my treatment.
The staff were kind,efficient and professional without fail
I have had this same procedure before and never felt so well so quickly after it
Our NHS gets so many knocks I want to make a small inroad into reversing that

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Sharon Joynes gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Great Care

Visited the urology unit for a day case procedure on Friday 27th, all aspects of the procedure were given in detail before and after, all do's and don'ts were given verbally and written for me to take away, the anaesthetist was understanding of a worry I had of being positioned during surgery due to a back problem I have, this was discussed and everything went fine, my nurse in recovery was lovely making sure I was comfortable that I was fed and had plenty to drink, again they took the time to go over what I should do when I got home and said to ring the unit if I had any concerns and someone would be able to help me
The care at this unit is first class and I would recommend it to anyone who needs this particular speciality

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 28 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

New knee may 16 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Nothing was too much for them

Last week I under went a right total knee replacement at the Nottingham. City Hospital in May 2016. I was admitted to Edward Ward 2 post op and Critical Care Unit on the Sunday.
I cannot think the staff enough for there care and support, even when I ended up in critical care ward. The staff on both these wards were polite and helpful nothing was too much for them. I was discharged home on Thursday a week since my operation.
I

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 28 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Frightened teenage parient reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

My 17 yr old had a cardiac ablation on Thursday at Nottingham city hospital....

My 17 yr old had a cardiac ablation on Thursday at Nottingham city hospital. She was very frightened. The Drs and in particular her nurse on the cardiac short stay unit were excellent with her. She came home yesterday and we rang the unit numerous times to speak to the nurse, who again was fantastic, she even called to check on her before she finished her shift. Can't say enough brilliant things! ! ! !

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 28 May 2016 using Patient Opinion