Cossham Hospital

Telephone: 0117 340 8400
Address: Lodge Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1LF
Website: http://www.nbt.nhs.uk

Tony gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan

I had a CT Scan this afternoon, I found the whole experience first class. I was called in early for my appointment, the various members of staff concerned were very caring, thorough and professional, explaining whole procedure from start to finish. At the end I was recommend to recover for a few minutes with a welcome cup of coffee and biscuits. An excellent and unexpected experience, I was very impressed.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 27 August 2014

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I was referred to Cossham for an MRI scan. The hospital is extremely clean and well kept. The staff are friendly, professional and very efficient (it must have taken not much longer than half an hour from arrival to departure!). Overall, an excellent service that I would recommend highly.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

shazz777 gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I had an appointment for a MRI at Cossham today(17 July).I have to say that the person who escorted me through to the mobile MRI SCAN was brilliant and the Radiologist made me feel less anxious as l really don't like going for these MRI SCANS.I was told exactly what was going too happen.As a team they worked very well together,both were very professional,caring communication with patients were second to none.Thank you guys for all that you both did for me today.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Sweetladyluck4 gave Maternity service at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Faultless. Wonderful staff and a beautiful facilities.

After my first birth in a hospital (not great) I was so glad that Cossham was open for my second baby! The staff were very helpful at the 'walk around'.
When the night came, my second labour was much faster and I was very anxious. The midwives at Cossham made me feel welcome and calmer from the moment I arrived. The room was lovely, with excellent labouring facilities. It was almost a shame that my daughter was born too quickly to use them all!
My husband was able to stay in the double bed with me, and we had our own private bathroom. My midwife was outstanding. I owe a lot of such a peaceful, wonderful labour and birth to them. I was brought tea and toast at my convenience and everything was so gentle and lovely! If I ever had the chance to deliver at Cossham again I wouldn't hesitate. It has changed my views and memories of labour.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 30 June 2014

grapop gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a pleasant experience

I went to my doctor with an extremely painful knee,
after an examination she asked me to go to cossham or southmead hospital to get it x-rayed. I chose to go cossham as it is closer to home.The doctor said I did not need any paperwork or an appointment, just go along. I went on Friday a day after seeing the doctor.The car park at the front of the hospital is mainly for disabled, which is fair enough and I parked in car park B with no problem and no charge! I signed in at reception and as soon as they saw my name, produced my paperwork. I took a seat as requested, there was seven or eight other people waiting Within 10 minutes I was collected and taken to the x-ray room. The nurse and the student nurse were very friendly, called me by my Christian name, a nice touch.The whoe experience was very pleasant and friendly.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 30 May 2014

Amy Hayes gave Maternity service at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing!

I had my second baby here a few days before Christmas 2013 and can honestly say that I don't think anything could have made the experience any more perfect and special. The facilities are outstanding, and all the staff were amazing!
Because of this the arrival of our daughter was completely relaxed and a world away from the more difficult delivery of my older son a few years back at the local maternity unit!
Although my delivery was swift and straight forward, the staff were fantastic in dealing with some unexpected complications that occurred after, meaning that we could all go home the same day in time for a perfect Christmas together!
All my friends ask "what was it like" when they hear I gave birth at Cosham, and I have no hesitation in praising the fantastic unit and staff, I would and have highly recommended it!
Thank you for helping me have a fantastic birth!

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 22 May 2014

Anonymous reviewed Cossham Hospital

phone just ringing out for contacting hospital

Have tried to call hospital a number of times but the phone number detailed on this website just rings out. Very frustrating

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 12 May 2014

Dear Anonymous – I am sorry that you have had problems in contacting Cossham Hospital. If there is no direct number quoted on the correspondence you have received contact can be made via the central switchboard at Southmead Hospital which is 0117 950 5050

Advice and Complaints Team

jacqui Bryson gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cossham the communities hospital

I have been attending Cossham for some years now but as of late more frequent. Being in Kingswood it is an ideal place for me to attend as I live a 10 minute bus ride away. My husband doesn't drive and I had to surrender my license due to my condition so getting to Frenchay and Southmead is awkward, especially for early appointments as my condition also causes problems with my waking up. The facilities are good and its modern light and airy. It's a shame that the minor surgeries will not be performed there as first stated as there are many older people in the area would find it much more easier to get to and I think would feel more comfortable with. The consultant whom I see the most will no longer be holding his appointments at Cossham so unfortunately now unless I can get a lift I have an hour plus bus journey to Southmead. The staff are friendly and put you at ease and as of yet I have always been seen on time. Overall a nice place that does not have a hospital feel about it.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 25 April 2014

Dear Jacqui – thank you for your kind comments about the Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine service at Cossham Hospital. I am pleased that you found the staff and the environment so positive and I am sorry that for operational reasons it has been necessary to move the service as part of the larger reorganisation of the North Bristol NHS Hospitals. I hope that despite the bus journey you will find the new hospital environment just as pleasing. If you would like to gain some idea of the facilities available, I have included a link: http://www.nbt.nhs.uk/new-hospital-at-southmead/hospital-0

I have passed on your comments to the service managers so the staff can be made aware of your feedback.

Advice and Complaints Team

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Cossham Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Appointment telephone system is a joke

I needed to contact the dermatology clinic that I attend at Cossham as I have been diagnosed with bowel cancer and need chemotherapy. I rang the number on my appointment letter (0117-3405249) and once deciding that it wasn't a change of appointment I chose the option zero for the operator. At that point I was cut off. Twice. I typed Cossham Hospital into a search engine, got this website and called the number listed (0117-3408400). I was dealt with helpfully and efficiently. However, this begs the question, why use a number on appointment letter that clearly doesn't work.

My last visit in December was fine and I rated you highly. The staff I have had contact with have been efficient and courteous.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 09 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 09 April 2014

Dear Anonymous – thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Dermatology at Cossham Hospital. I am sorry that your experience of trying to contact the service was clearly frustrating, but pleased that eventually you were dealt with helpfully and efficiently.

In preparation for the new hospital building at Southmead the telephone system for the Trust is being updated and I can only think the problems you experienced were related to this. I have referred your concerns to the Information Management and Technology Department to make sure the issue is resolved and that the no other patients have the same difficulties.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team.

littletoes gave Maternity service at Cossham Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Lovely place, only wish I'd had a water birth!

Thankfully and firstly, I was fortunate in giving birth fairly straightforwardly to a beautiful healthy son. The rooms are lovely and were great for full paternal involvement from beginning to very end - it was very special for dad to have the option of staying with us overnight until leaving. The staff were all very kind, especially the ?healthcare assistant? who looked after us after giving birth very well indeed. Thank you.

The only persona let down for me was that I didn't get to use the birth pool (despite it being in my birth plan and mentioning it on admission). It was one of our pro's leading us to choose to give birth at Cossham but I just don't know why we didn't get to use it (although I found it very helpful to hold onto during contractions and didn't let go of it). When it became clear to my partner that birth was getting near he did ask if I could get in, but we were advised it was too late at that point. Having not given birth in a pool before, I had no idea what the right time would be, and I guess I was too focused on contractions to be 'with it' (and I am not naturally persuasive/demanding anyhow). So I guess I would suggest to others to be more enquiring as to when you can get in it if you want to have a water birth. Or, perhaps ask the midwife if she could suggest at a suitable point that it be run for you?

If I was giving birth again, I would enquire more about water births at the different centres, and perhaps try to be a tad more determined and less reliant on what I had written in my yellow book!

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 01 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 09 April 2014

Dear Littletoes – thank you for posting your feedback about your experience at the Cossham Birth Centre. I am pleased that, on balance, you found the birth of your son to be so positive and regret that you did not get to use the birthing pool. It is unfortunate that your delivery progressed so quickly to a stage that made entry to the pool unsafe. I have forwarded your comments and thanks to the team at Cossham as a point of learning to improve for mothers’ experiences in the future.

I hope that you are enjoying this special time with your new son.

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team.