Cossham Hospital

Telephone: 0117 340 8400
Address: Lodge Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1LF
Website: http://www.nbt.nhs.uk

Tony gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan

I had a CT Scan this afternoon, I found the whole experience first class. I was called in early for my appointment, the various members of staff concerned were very caring, thorough and professional, explaining whole procedure from start to finish. At the end I was recommend to recover for a few minutes with a welcome cup of coffee and biscuits. An excellent and unexpected experience, I was very impressed.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 27 August 2014

shazz777 gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I had an appointment for a MRI at Cossham today(17 July).I have to say that the person who escorted me through to the mobile MRI SCAN was brilliant and the Radiologist made me feel less anxious as l really don't like going for these MRI SCANS.I was told exactly what was going too happen.As a team they worked very well together,both were very professional,caring communication with patients were second to none.Thank you guys for all that you both did for me today.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

grapop gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a pleasant experience

I went to my doctor with an extremely painful knee,
after an examination she asked me to go to cossham or southmead hospital to get it x-rayed. I chose to go cossham as it is closer to home.The doctor said I did not need any paperwork or an appointment, just go along. I went on Friday a day after seeing the doctor.The car park at the front of the hospital is mainly for disabled, which is fair enough and I parked in car park B with no problem and no charge! I signed in at reception and as soon as they saw my name, produced my paperwork. I took a seat as requested, there was seven or eight other people waiting Within 10 minutes I was collected and taken to the x-ray room. The nurse and the student nurse were very friendly, called me by my Christian name, a nice touch.The whoe experience was very pleasant and friendly.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 30 May 2014

Anonymous reviewed Cossham Hospital

phone just ringing out for contacting hospital

Have tried to call hospital a number of times but the phone number detailed on this website just rings out. Very frustrating

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 12 May 2014

Dear Anonymous – I am sorry that you have had problems in contacting Cossham Hospital. If there is no direct number quoted on the correspondence you have received contact can be made via the central switchboard at Southmead Hospital which is 0117 950 5050

Advice and Complaints Team

jacqui Bryson gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cossham the communities hospital

I have been attending Cossham for some years now but as of late more frequent. Being in Kingswood it is an ideal place for me to attend as I live a 10 minute bus ride away. My husband doesn't drive and I had to surrender my license due to my condition so getting to Frenchay and Southmead is awkward, especially for early appointments as my condition also causes problems with my waking up. The facilities are good and its modern light and airy. It's a shame that the minor surgeries will not be performed there as first stated as there are many older people in the area would find it much more easier to get to and I think would feel more comfortable with. The consultant whom I see the most will no longer be holding his appointments at Cossham so unfortunately now unless I can get a lift I have an hour plus bus journey to Southmead. The staff are friendly and put you at ease and as of yet I have always been seen on time. Overall a nice place that does not have a hospital feel about it.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 25 April 2014

Dear Jacqui – thank you for your kind comments about the Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine service at Cossham Hospital. I am pleased that you found the staff and the environment so positive and I am sorry that for operational reasons it has been necessary to move the service as part of the larger reorganisation of the North Bristol NHS Hospitals. I hope that despite the bus journey you will find the new hospital environment just as pleasing. If you would like to gain some idea of the facilities available, I have included a link: http://www.nbt.nhs.uk/new-hospital-at-southmead/hospital-0

I have passed on your comments to the service managers so the staff can be made aware of your feedback.

Sweetladyluck4 gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Faultless. Wonderful staff and a beautiful facilities.

After my first birth in a hospital (not great) I was so glad that Cossham was open for my second baby! The staff were very helpful at the 'walk around'.
When the night came, my second labour was much faster and I was very anxious. The midwives at Cossham made me feel welcome and calmer from the moment I arrived. The room was lovely, with excellent labouring facilities. It was almost a shame that my daughter was born too quickly to use them all!
My husband was able to stay in the double bed with me, and we had our own private bathroom. My midwife was outstanding. I owe a lot of such a peaceful, wonderful labour and birth to them. I was brought tea and toast at my convenience and everything was so gentle and lovely! If I ever had the chance to deliver at Cossham again I wouldn't hesitate. It has changed my views and memories of labour.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 30 June 2014

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I was referred to Cossham for an MRI scan. The hospital is extremely clean and well kept. The staff are friendly, professional and very efficient (it must have taken not much longer than half an hour from arrival to departure!). Overall, an excellent service that I would recommend highly.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Cossham Hospital has not yet replied.

DJG gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT Colonoscopy Virtual

Being a little apprehensive of both the procedure and reading a few negative reviews, I am pleased to say that the CT staff were brilliant throughout. All 3 members of staff that I encountered introduced themselves and were genuinely pleasant and helpful.
Scan area, changing room and facilities were clean and very well organised, giving both privacy and a professional approach.
No waiting, quick procedure and a cup of tea. Well done!

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 03 February 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 25 February 2014

Dear DJG – thank you for taking the time and trouble to comment on your experience at Cossham hospital. I was pleased to learn that apprehension was not realised and that the whole experience was very positive.

Your kind comments have been fed back to the radiology team.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Parking troublesome

I arrived 10 minutes late for my afternoon appointment. I was delayed when parking and so pulled up in front and ran in to explain to the receptionist. She supposedly called my department to explain. I went back in 5-10mins later to say I could still not get parked and what could I do ? She only then advised regarding a second car parking option which was a building site the last time I visited so was not aware of it. I parked and went in with the understanding that I would still be seen. Now, 30mins late my baby had a small but significant vomit on the way in and I needed to go via the toilets, the upstairs receptionist was on the phone for 5 mins when I got there. She then claimed that I was 1 hour late (it was 45 mins late) for my appointment, with a big sign on the desk telling me not to take it out on her I said nothing. She told me I would need to re-book. I had waited 7 months for that appointment! I know that I arrived 10 mins late but parking took 35 mins and the receptionist could have helped with timely parking advice and most annoyingly I went up expecting to still be seen given my conversation at the front desk. As someone who works in the NHS and who often has had to deal with late show patients, I found the flexibility and support of staff very poor. The NHS is such a slow system if this had been a private appoint I would have been quicker anyway. 7 months and still waiting....

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 03 February 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 25 February 2014

Dear Anonymous – thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Cossham Hospital. I was very concerned to read your post, as your encounter clearly lacked any of the understanding and empathy normally demonstrated by Maternity services staff.

I regret that the communication was so poor, and that despite your best efforts to ensure you would be seen, no flexibility was shown. This is clearly not the level of service we expect for any of our patients and I regret that you were not listened to and any allowances made or the reason why this may not have been possible clearly explained.
Your comments have been fedback to the staff concerned.

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Gynaecology appointment at Cossham.........

Much better than travelling to Southmead when I live in Kingswood, stress levels lower for a start.

Only a few minutes late being seen and a nurse accompanied me to see specialist, I was introduced to the student and we discussed the problems which included my GP letter. I was advised that an examination would be necessary and the nurse checked the bed was to my level, I am short, my dignity was upheld and I was included in the conversation
when the problem was explained. As I did not need an operation again, just further treatment, I was more than happy.

It is a shame that some on the reviews on this site are from when the hospital was being refurbished, believe me it is now a thousand times better.

Please ensure the minor injuries unit is included soon

PAH

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 17 February 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 25 February 2014

Dear Anonymous – thank you for your comments about the Gynecology service at Cossham Hospital. I am pleased that you found the experience so positive and that you felt you were included in the process and decision about your care and treatment.

Your kind comments will be fedback to the team concerned.