Cossham Hospital

0117 340 8400 Lodge Road, Kingswood , Bristol, Avon, BS15 1LF

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic hospital

Beautiful building, very clean and welcoming. Staff are very professional and also friendly. Dr was very thorough and couldn't have done anymore. Even the cafe is great

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 11 May 2017

jill Gregory gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 1 stars

unhelpful rude uncaring staff

Following a referal to cosham via 111 services, regarding my daughters on going medical issue, a staff member from cosham called my daughter at about 8.30pm on friday 14th april, and basically told her she was wasting their time she didnt need to be seen by a doctor but they would allow her to visit at 12.30pm if she really wanted to!
They did not listen to her symptom s properly or read notes on her, but instead made her feel awful and rejected. We then took her to bath royal united a&e department wherewe were seen efficiently by a lovely doctor who by taking one look at her and listening to her symptoms diagnosed a kidney infection and prescribed antibiotics.
An awful experience by cosham who certainly dont show any care or concern so would suggest this member of staff choose an alternative career where there is no need for empathy or concern. Totally appauled.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and helpful.

Had an ultrasound for my kidneys the other day. Was greeted as soon as I walked into the hospital and directed to the imaging department by a very helpful receptionist. Receptionist in the imaging department was equally friendly and helpful. Sat in a clean and quiet waiting room and was seen ontime for my appointment. I was very happy with the service I received and could even get my bus back to Fishponds just outside of the hospital. Thank you!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Colin Moore gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CAR PARKING CHARGES

CAR PARKING CHARGES ARE DISGRASFUL.

Minimum charge of £3.00 is extortionate.

I attended 07/02/17 for an X-ray @ 8.30am, out by 8.45am (brilliant) CAR PARK CHARGE £3.00 (outrageous)

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 February 2017

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonography

Had a colonography today,was done with the most utmost respect for a nervous bloke, for all involved thank you very much, Rich B

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 28 January 2017

Cossham Hospital replied on 01 February 2017

Dear Anonymous – I was pleased to hear that your experience of having a Colonography at Cossham Hospital was so positive recently. I hope that your experience will help allay the fears others might have of this procedure and I am grateful you took the time and trouble to post your views. I have passed on your comments to the team concerned so they will be aware.
Kind regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team

NI Lifetime Payer gave CFS / ME Management services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 1 stars

2 weeks now and can't get through on the telephone

Been trying for 3 weeks to get through on the telephone but the line is either engaged or straight to voicemail. Left a lot of answer phone messages but no one has ever called me back. The letter I originally received from them stated they did not hear from me in 2 weeks then they will assume I do not want my appointment.... so even if I get through I think they will not book me in. Cossham Hospital if you cannot even answer a telephone call then I do not trust you with my health. Avoid this place.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Anonymous gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Shame

Lovely hospital and staff, what a shame whoever is in charge took the disastrous decision to hand the parking over to the same pirates as Southmead Hospital (or so I was told ). I had to pay the minimum charge of £3 for up to 2hrs when I went for an xray, was in and out within 20 minutes. All the streets surrounding were packed, and the hospial car parks almost empty. I hope the good reputation of Cosham doesn't suffer, but am not holding my breath. It is disgusting that mass profit takes presidence over peoples health & wellbeing, as those visiting any hospial tend to be sick, or visiting the sick.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 13 September 2016

Dear Anonymous - Thank you for your kind comments about the hospital and staff. I was pleased to learn your x-ray was conducted so quickly.
Regrettably, the situation you describe whereby local streets were congested with no parking spaces available was having a direct impact on the hospital. The free parking was unsurprisingly very attractive and resulted in demand exceeding supply with the consequence that many patients and visitors were unable to park in the hospital grounds. Additionally, due to the local congestion, they were also unable to park close by. The need to introduce a parking charge was therefore forced upon the Trust, and as you observed, it was felt correct that the charges for the hospital should be aligned with those for Southmead.
The Trust does regret the need to introduce a charge, but this has had the desired result of ensuring places are now always available for the hospital users who require parking, and ensures patients are not concerned that they will be late for appointments or inconvenienced, by to park some distance from Cossham hospital.
I hope this explanation reassures you that the health and wellbeing of patients and visitors was an important consideration in the decision to introduce parking charges at Cossham. Please be assured I have passed your feedback about the level of charges to the relevant area of the hospital management team.
Kind Regards – Steve Sykes

Jordan gave Dermatology at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Clinic Excellent

I visited the Dermatology Clinic within Cossham Hospital. I had a problem in that all over my forehead and scalp was very thick and unsightly scales (psoriasis) , there was also a red rash under the forehead scales, so was referred here by my GP. Once arrived I saw how tidy and well kept the ground of the hospital was, parking was very accessible. I was seen very quickly, I arrived extra early, and was also called in sooner than my scheduled appointment time. I was then seen by the doctor, who listened with care and compassion to my on-going problem, the doctor prescribed me three different items and these solved the problem 100%, I am ever so thankful to the dermatology clinic and have also passed my thanks to them individually. Also the staff within Cossham Hospital were extremely accommodating and helpful with any problems I had. Overall I was an extremely satisfied patient.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 05 September 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 13 September 2016

Dear Jordan – thank you for taking the time and trouble to post the details of your experience of your care at Cossham hospital. I am pleased that you were able to park and therefore attend you appointment earlier than scheduled, and that the treatment prescribed was so successful in resolving your condition.
I have passed on your kind comments to the dermatology department so the staff involved can be made aware of your thanks.
Kind Regards – Steve Sykes

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan

Visited with my 89 year old mum for scan today . The staff were excellent at putting mum at ease , We were able to help mum from her wheelchair to the X-ray table and then leave her for the scan . The staff were very professional ,and the procedure took no time at all.enjoyed a cup of coffee afterwards at the league of friends.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 03 May 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 09 May 2016

Dear Anonymous I am pleased that you and your 89 year old mum had a positive experience when attending for a CT scan at Cossham hospital. It was good to learn the staff were excellent at putting your mum at ease and that you also had a chance to assist her as part of the preparations for her scan. Your comments have been fed back to the staff to thank them for their professionalism.
Kind regards - Steve Sykes

Anonymous gave Dialysis at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My nephew

My nephew received treatment at Cossham hospital and could not have received better treatment anywhere. We were unable to visit personally because we live in Lincoln but my sister had nothing but positive reports on his progress whilst receiving treatment.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 20 May 2016

Dear Anonymous – thank you for taking the time and trouble to advise of your nephew’s excellent care at the Cossham Renal Satellite Unit. Your kind comments have been shared with the staff involved and the whole team.
Kind regards – Steve Sykes