Cossham Hospital

0117 340 8400 Lodge Road, Kingswood , Bristol, Avon, BS15 1LF

NI Lifetime Payer gave CFS / ME Management services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 1 stars

2 weeks now and can't get through on the telephone

Been trying for 3 weeks to get through on the telephone but the line is either engaged or straight to voicemail. Left a lot of answer phone messages but no one has ever called me back. The letter I originally received from them stated they did not hear from me in 2 weeks then they will assume I do not want my appointment.... so even if I get through I think they will not book me in. Cossham Hospital if you cannot even answer a telephone call then I do not trust you with my health. Avoid this place.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Anonymous gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Shame

Lovely hospital and staff, what a shame whoever is in charge took the disastrous decision to hand the parking over to the same pirates as Southmead Hospital (or so I was told ). I had to pay the minimum charge of £3 for up to 2hrs when I went for an xray, was in and out within 20 minutes. All the streets surrounding were packed, and the hospial car parks almost empty. I hope the good reputation of Cosham doesn't suffer, but am not holding my breath. It is disgusting that mass profit takes presidence over peoples health & wellbeing, as those visiting any hospial tend to be sick, or visiting the sick.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 13 September 2016

Dear Anonymous - Thank you for your kind comments about the hospital and staff. I was pleased to learn your x-ray was conducted so quickly.
Regrettably, the situation you describe whereby local streets were congested with no parking spaces available was having a direct impact on the hospital. The free parking was unsurprisingly very attractive and resulted in demand exceeding supply with the consequence that many patients and visitors were unable to park in the hospital grounds. Additionally, due to the local congestion, they were also unable to park close by. The need to introduce a parking charge was therefore forced upon the Trust, and as you observed, it was felt correct that the charges for the hospital should be aligned with those for Southmead.
The Trust does regret the need to introduce a charge, but this has had the desired result of ensuring places are now always available for the hospital users who require parking, and ensures patients are not concerned that they will be late for appointments or inconvenienced, by to park some distance from Cossham hospital.
I hope this explanation reassures you that the health and wellbeing of patients and visitors was an important consideration in the decision to introduce parking charges at Cossham. Please be assured I have passed your feedback about the level of charges to the relevant area of the hospital management team.

Jordan gave Dermatology at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Clinic Excellent

I visited the Dermatology Clinic within Cossham Hospital. I had a problem in that all over my forehead and scalp was very thick and unsightly scales (psoriasis) , there was also a red rash under the forehead scales, so was referred here by my GP. Once arrived I saw how tidy and well kept the ground of the hospital was, parking was very accessible. I was seen very quickly, I arrived extra early, and was also called in sooner than my scheduled appointment time. I was then seen by the doctor, who listened with care and compassion to my on-going problem, the doctor prescribed me three different items and these solved the problem 100%, I am ever so thankful to the dermatology clinic and have also passed my thanks to them individually. Also the staff within Cossham Hospital were extremely accommodating and helpful with any problems I had. Overall I was an extremely satisfied patient.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 05 September 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 13 September 2016

Dear Jordan – thank you for taking the time and trouble to post the details of your experience of your care at Cossham hospital. I am pleased that you were able to park and therefore attend you appointment earlier than scheduled, and that the treatment prescribed was so successful in resolving your condition.
I have passed on your kind comments to the dermatology department so the staff involved can be made aware of your thanks.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan

Visited with my 89 year old mum for scan today . The staff were excellent at putting mum at ease , We were able to help mum from her wheelchair to the X-ray table and then leave her for the scan . The staff were very professional ,and the procedure took no time at all.enjoyed a cup of coffee afterwards at the league of friends.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 03 May 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 09 May 2016

Dear Anonymous I am pleased that you and your 89 year old mum had a positive experience when attending for a CT scan at Cossham hospital. It was good to learn the staff were excellent at putting your mum at ease and that you also had a chance to assist her as part of the preparations for her scan. Your comments have been fed back to the staff to thank them for their professionalism.
Kind regards - Steve Sykes

Anonymous gave Dialysis at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My nephew

My nephew received treatment at Cossham hospital and could not have received better treatment anywhere. We were unable to visit personally because we live in Lincoln but my sister had nothing but positive reports on his progress whilst receiving treatment.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 20 May 2016

Dear Anonymous – thank you for taking the time and trouble to advise of your nephew’s excellent care at the Cossham Renal Satellite Unit. Your kind comments have been shared with the staff involved and the whole team.
Kind regards – Steve Sykes

Jen gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic birth centre

Having previously had our first daughter at Cossham in 2013 we were desperately hoping to be able to have our son there too this time around. Luckily this was possible and like last time we had a fantastic experience. We were made to feel very welcome (even when we had a false start a couple of weeks early!) and every member of staff we met could not have been more friendly, helpful or reassuring. The birth centre itself is lovely and a really relaxing atmosphere. Midwives are great at giving you all the time you need, and brilliant at discussing options and working with you to make any decisions. The ability to use a birth pool was great, and had chance to make the most of the aromatherapy massage this time around too! Would thoroughly recommend to anyone. Thank you for such positive experiences with both of our births.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 05 August 2016

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

In general, felt very fortunate to generally have Cossham still open when most needed last night at the out of hours service. The staff were amazing

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 10 April 2016

Cheryl gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT colonoscopy virtual

I was very concerned about undergoing this procedure, however the three staff who looked after me were excellent. They helped me by dispelling my nerves and being very aware of my needs. Good communication and personal skills.
The appointment was on time and I felt well looked after. Thank you team

We are very fortunate to have such medical facilities available to us. The hospital was clean and looked well cared for. Thank you.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Cheryl gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT colonoscopy virtual

The appointment was on time and I felt well looked after. Thank you team

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Emma gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Our Christmas gift

When we found out we were expecting we were originally going to go to southmead but after visiting Cossham we knew this was where we wanted to go. When My contractions started I called Cossham and they were really supportive and talked me through contractions on the phone. I went into proper labour on Christmas Day and they were very upbeat and friendly. Turns out I was already 8.5cm dilated so I was only there for about 3 hours before my little girl arrived. The midwife was really supportive and talked me through the pain aswell as talking to my husband and making him feel part of it. We had our own private room with ensuite bathroom which we were allowed to stay in until we went home. As it was Christmas, there was a little knitted Santa hat, a Christmas gift and a knitted teddy bear for our baby. We were constantly offered food and drink and given so much help and support so that when we left we were more prepared. I would 100% give birth there again because the staff were friendly, supportive, and genuinely made us feel at home.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 28 December 2015

Cossham Hospital replied on 30 December 2015

Dear Emma – thank you for taking the time and trouble, at what must be a very busy time for you, to post the details of your positive experience at Cossham Maternity Suite. I have passed on your comments to the team and wish you a very Happy New Year with your new extended family.