Cossham Hospital

Address: Lodge Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1LF
Website: http://www.nbt.nhs.uk

Helen M gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing birth centre

I gave birth at Cossham and the experience was wonderful, even though I did have to be transferred to hospital afterwards for blood loss. The rooms are calming, clean, light and spacious with huge both pools. The staff are incredible and very encouraging and calming during labour and birth. I was devastated to have to be transferred after birth to southmead but very grateful to the midwife who delivered my daughter for spotting signs of breathing difficulties which led to heI gave birth at Cossham and the experience was wonderful, even though I did have to be transferred to hospital afterwards for blood loss. The rooms are calming, clean, light and spacious with huge birth pools. The staff are incredible and very encouraging and calming during labour and birth. I was devastated to have to be transferred after birth to southmead but very grateful to the midwife who delivered my daughter for spotting signs of breathing difficulties which led to her needing antibiotics. Having experienced cossham and then southmead immediately afterwards, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend cossham to every pregnant woman. There is no comparison. r needing antibiotics. Having experienced cossham and then southmead immediately afterwards, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend cossham to every pregnant woman.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

Cossham Hospital has not yet replied.

grandpa Bob gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT / MRI dept well done!

Had CT Colonoscopy yesterday. Well done to the staff all done with care, compassion and dignity. Facilities are very nice with an air of calm efficiency, also very clean and a nice cup of tea afterwards.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 4 stars

What a fantastic service for X-rays - just turn up and get them done quickly &..

What a fantastic service for X-rays - just turn up and get them done quickly & with no fuss.

Fantastic staff as well - all very cheerful and friendly.

The only thing which lets Cossham down is the postal service. I accept that Velopost might be cheaper and "greener" than Royal Mail. However, when you're in pain and waiting for x-ray results to tell you what is wrong, then a 9 day delivery timescale for a letter calling you back in for more x-rays is unacceptable.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Will give birth here again.

As a first time mum I was advised to go to Southmead or St Michaels hospitals to give birth. I was determined to go to cossham hospital and I was extremely happy I have birth there. The staff were fantastic and really welcoming for myself, partner and my mum. I was always reassured and kept in the loop with what was going on. The rooms are wonderful and clean. I was lucky enough to try all the different the equipment to aid giving birth.
I've recommended it to every pregnant woman I've met in Bristol. What initially was a scary experience, was made a wonderful one with the help of the staff and midwives at cossham. To those mums to be that are worried it will hurt without an epidural, it really doesn't! Gas and air is all the pain relief you need!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 January 2015

Cossham Hospital has not yet replied.

Tony gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan

I had a CT Scan this afternoon, I found the whole experience first class. I was called in early for my appointment, the various members of staff concerned were very caring, thorough and professional, explaining whole procedure from start to finish. At the end I was recommend to recover for a few minutes with a welcome cup of coffee and biscuits. An excellent and unexpected experience, I was very impressed.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 27 August 2014

shazz777 gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I had an appointment for a MRI at Cossham today(17 July).I have to say that the person who escorted me through to the mobile MRI SCAN was brilliant and the Radiologist made me feel less anxious as l really don't like going for these MRI SCANS.I was told exactly what was going too happen.As a team they worked very well together,both were very professional,caring communication with patients were second to none.Thank you guys for all that you both did for me today.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

grapop gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a pleasant experience

I went to my doctor with an extremely painful knee,
after an examination she asked me to go to cossham or southmead hospital to get it x-rayed. I chose to go cossham as it is closer to home.The doctor said I did not need any paperwork or an appointment, just go along. I went on Friday a day after seeing the doctor.The car park at the front of the hospital is mainly for disabled, which is fair enough and I parked in car park B with no problem and no charge! I signed in at reception and as soon as they saw my name, produced my paperwork. I took a seat as requested, there was seven or eight other people waiting Within 10 minutes I was collected and taken to the x-ray room. The nurse and the student nurse were very friendly, called me by my Christian name, a nice touch.The whoe experience was very pleasant and friendly.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 30 May 2014

Anonymous reviewed Urology at Cossham Hospital

ultrasound

I had a bladder ultrasound and was told the bladder and kidneys looked normal, yet when I read the report for this scan I was stunned to realise that my bladder was thin and there was urine left in my bladder post void.

How does that equal a normal result please?

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 23 January 2015

Anonymous reviewed Cossham Hospital

phone just ringing out for contacting hospital

Have tried to call hospital a number of times but the phone number detailed on this website just rings out. Very frustrating

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 12 May 2014

Dear Anonymous – I am sorry that you have had problems in contacting Cossham Hospital. If there is no direct number quoted on the correspondence you have received contact can be made via the central switchboard at Southmead Hospital which is 0117 950 5050

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team

jacqui Bryson gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cossham the communities hospital

I have been attending Cossham for some years now but as of late more frequent. Being in Kingswood it is an ideal place for me to attend as I live a 10 minute bus ride away. My husband doesn't drive and I had to surrender my license due to my condition so getting to Frenchay and Southmead is awkward, especially for early appointments as my condition also causes problems with my waking up. The facilities are good and its modern light and airy. It's a shame that the minor surgeries will not be performed there as first stated as there are many older people in the area would find it much more easier to get to and I think would feel more comfortable with. The consultant whom I see the most will no longer be holding his appointments at Cossham so unfortunately now unless I can get a lift I have an hour plus bus journey to Southmead. The staff are friendly and put you at ease and as of yet I have always been seen on time. Overall a nice place that does not have a hospital feel about it.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 25 April 2014

Dear Jacqui – thank you for your kind comments about the Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine service at Cossham Hospital. I am pleased that you found the staff and the environment so positive and I am sorry that for operational reasons it has been necessary to move the service as part of the larger reorganisation of the North Bristol NHS Hospitals. I hope that despite the bus journey you will find the new hospital environment just as pleasing. If you would like to gain some idea of the facilities available, I have included a link: http://www.nbt.nhs.uk/new-hospital-at-southmead/hospital-0

I have passed on your comments to the service managers so the staff can be made aware of your feedback.

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes