Cossham Hospital

0117 340 8400 Lodge Road, Kingswood , Bristol, Avon, BS15 1LF

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan

Visited with my 89 year old mum for scan today . The staff were excellent at putting mum at ease , We were able to help mum from her wheelchair to the X-ray table and then leave her for the scan . The staff were very professional ,and the procedure took no time at all.enjoyed a cup of coffee afterwards at the league of friends.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 03 May 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 09 May 2016

Dear Anonymous I am pleased that you and your 89 year old mum had a positive experience when attending for a CT scan at Cossham hospital. It was good to learn the staff were excellent at putting your mum at ease and that you also had a chance to assist her as part of the preparations for her scan. Your comments have been fed back to the staff to thank them for their professionalism.
Kind regards - Steve Sykes

Anonymous gave Dialysis at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My nephew

My nephew received treatment at Cossham hospital and could not have received better treatment anywhere. We were unable to visit personally because we live in Lincoln but my sister had nothing but positive reports on his progress whilst receiving treatment.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 20 May 2016

Dear Anonymous – thank you for taking the time and trouble to advise of your nephew’s excellent care at the Cossham Renal Satellite Unit. Your kind comments have been shared with the staff involved and the whole team.
Kind regards – Steve Sykes

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

In general, felt very fortunate to generally have Cossham still open when most needed last night at the out of hours service. The staff were amazing

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 10 April 2016

Cheryl gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT colonoscopy virtual

I was very concerned about undergoing this procedure, however the three staff who looked after me were excellent. They helped me by dispelling my nerves and being very aware of my needs. Good communication and personal skills.
The appointment was on time and I felt well looked after. Thank you team

We are very fortunate to have such medical facilities available to us. The hospital was clean and looked well cared for. Thank you.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Cheryl gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT colonoscopy virtual

The appointment was on time and I felt well looked after. Thank you team

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Emma gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Our Christmas gift

When we found out we were expecting we were originally going to go to southmead but after visiting Cossham we knew this was where we wanted to go. When My contractions started I called Cossham and they were really supportive and talked me through contractions on the phone. I went into proper labour on Christmas Day and they were very upbeat and friendly. Turns out I was already 8.5cm dilated so I was only there for about 3 hours before my little girl arrived. The midwife was really supportive and talked me through the pain aswell as talking to my husband and making him feel part of it. We had our own private room with ensuite bathroom which we were allowed to stay in until we went home. As it was Christmas, there was a little knitted Santa hat, a Christmas gift and a knitted teddy bear for our baby. We were constantly offered food and drink and given so much help and support so that when we left we were more prepared. I would 100% give birth there again because the staff were friendly, supportive, and genuinely made us feel at home.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 28 December 2015

Cossham Hospital replied on 30 December 2015

Dear Emma – thank you for taking the time and trouble, at what must be a very busy time for you, to post the details of your positive experience at Cossham Maternity Suite. I have passed on your comments to the team and wish you a very Happy New Year with your new extended family.

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes

David Miller gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ultrasound today - 20 November

I travelled from Clevedon for a 12.20 appointment in the ultrasound department. The only problem was a lack of parking spaces and a need to street park 400 metres away.
I arrived at 12.15 and was out of the door by 12.30. Reception directed me to imaging reception where I was dealt with efficiently and courteously. Barely had I sat down in the waiting area and I was ushered in to the ultrasound room by someone whose name I did not record - unfortunately. They were excellent - ensuring that I knew what was happening, that I was comfortable with an intimate process, and providing instant feedback on their findings.
This week I have paid for a consultation at The Spire, Bristol and waited 35 mins past the appointment time. The Cossham experience was more efficient and patient friendly.
My thanks to those involved.
David Miller

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 20 November 2015

Steven Sykes, Advice & Complaints Team Manager, North Bristol NHS Trust replied on 26 November 2015

Dear Mr Miller - I was pleased to read of your positive experience of Cossham Hospital.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your views.

Patient Opinion Logo

Kate gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Labour

When I found out I was expecting, I straight away wanted to have my baby here, due to complications with a previous pregnancy I was told it wasn't possible. When I eventually went into labour I rang southmead only to be told there wasn't enough beds so would have to wait for a phone call from cossham. When I received the call the midwife was brilliant, asked me all the right questions and explained to me fully about the birthing suite and the fact if there was to be a medical emergency I would need to be transferred to southmead. I decided to wait a bit longer for my contractions to become more regular. An hour later I couldn't take anymore and decided I needed to go to hospital so went to cossham. Straight away I was made to feel totally comfortable, instead of all the normal hustle and bustle of a hospital cossham was very calming and relaxing, the birthing suite was amazing, clean, tidy, fully equipped with objects to make you more comfortable, a double bed for you and your partner to share. The midwives were brilliant. I was offered plenty of fluids to keep my energy up, my baby's heart beat was checked regularly to make sure she wasn't getting stressed, I was allowed to move freely and once things were really going I wasn't left alone and offered gas and air. I ended up having a smooth, trouble free labour and the care I received during and after, I can not fault one bit. You will be treated with the upmost dignity and care. Would definitely recommend cossham and I would probably come here again if I was to have another :)

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 06 December 2015

Cossham Hospital replied on 14 December 2015

Dear Anonymous – thank you for taking time to post your views of the Cossham Maternity service. I was pleased to learn that due to the need to balance the demands on the service you had your wish to deliver your baby at Cossham after all. I appreciate you kind comments about facilities, atmosphere and professionalism of the staff. This will be shared with the team. Please accept my best wishes for you and your family at this special time.

Kind regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team.

Anonymous gave at Cossham Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Visit to X Ray department

Went for X Ray very efficient, professional staff and no waiting - the hospital was spotless

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 03 October 2015

Anonymous gave at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Review of visit to Imaging Department

I came to have a scan, and I was a bit nervous. The staff were brilliant at putting me at my ease and explaining the procedure to me. It was all done in about 5 minutes and it was all clean and tidy. I'd particularly like to commend the imaging staff for all the above, and loved the interesting chat I had with a member of staff [? volunteer] about the beautiful art work on the walls. It is good to see the hospital supporting local artists and it really enhances the whole experience.
Thank you.