Cossham Hospital

Address: Lodge Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1LF
Website: http://www.nbt.nhs.uk

Helen M gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing birth centre

I gave birth at Cossham and the experience was wonderful, even though I did have to be transferred to hospital afterwards for blood loss. The rooms are calming, clean, light and spacious with huge both pools. The staff are incredible and very encouraging and calming during labour and birth. I was devastated to have to be transferred after birth to southmead but very grateful to the midwife who delivered my daughter for spotting signs of breathing difficulties which led to heI gave birth at Cossham and the experience was wonderful, even though I did have to be transferred to hospital afterwards for blood loss. The rooms are calming, clean, light and spacious with huge birth pools. The staff are incredible and very encouraging and calming during labour and birth. I was devastated to have to be transferred after birth to southmead but very grateful to the midwife who delivered my daughter for spotting signs of breathing difficulties which led to her needing antibiotics. Having experienced cossham and then southmead immediately afterwards, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend cossham to every pregnant woman. There is no comparison. r needing antibiotics. Having experienced cossham and then southmead immediately afterwards, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend cossham to every pregnant woman.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

Cossham Hospital has not yet replied.

grandpa Bob gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT / MRI dept well done!

Had CT Colonoscopy yesterday. Well done to the staff all done with care, compassion and dignity. Facilities are very nice with an air of calm efficiency, also very clean and a nice cup of tea afterwards.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 24 February 2015

Cossham Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Gastroenterology Consultation

I was referred by my GP to Gastroenterology as I have had problems with both ends many times a day for over two years, but I have had ongoing problems for 12 years, but in the last few years it's got worse and I lost nearly 4 and a half stone in 6 months and my GP ran some tests but couldn't figure out why so they asked the specialist for help. I waited in a freezing cold waiting room in Cossham for an hour and 45 minutes, was greeted by a very rude young person who turned out to be the specialist, they barraged me with abuse as i had been in the toilet when they came out. They didn't bother asking me my symptoms and every time I tried to speak or show them the symptoms list I bring with me to specialist appointments, they wouldn't let me talk, they shouted me down, they then accused me of making myself ill on purpose to get attention, they spent 15 minutes speaking to me as if i was a piece of dirt and highly unworthy of their time or attention, trying to get me to agree with their diagnosis and told me they were sending me to a dietician and another specialist to talk about my eating disorder - the eating disorder they decided i had. They examined me then was very rude, i suffer balance/dizziness issues and mobility issues and couldn't get off the couch quickly enough for them , hthe consultant was rude and berated me until i was able to get off the couch and sit down again. They said they would book an Endoscopy which they told me repeatedly was a waste of their time and asked me if i was comfortable wasting the NHS's money. On the day of the Endoscopy i had very bad vertigo and rang to cancel, i left a message then was telephoned back by a nurse who told me the specialist who told them to tell me when my symptoms returned to book another appointment, i asked them what they meant as it was a constant chronic condition and i had cancelled it as i was too dizzy to attend, the nurse said shthey were passing on a message then as i was talking to them about rearranging the appointment they hung up. Am still waiting for a follow up appointment which was already cancelled twice with the consultant which I doubt is coming, and I'm still waiting for appointment to see a Dietician or the other specialist because this rather rude consultant seems to think I have an eating disorder. Is it even worth making a formal complaint because i doubt very much it will make much difference when people behave as if they are a law unto themselves. I've lost another stone and am unable to eat solid food or keep down most liquid now, my GP is doing the best they can. God Bless the NHS.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 14 March 2015

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 4 stars

What a fantastic service for X-rays - just turn up and get them done quickly &..

What a fantastic service for X-rays - just turn up and get them done quickly & with no fuss.

Fantastic staff as well - all very cheerful and friendly.

The only thing which lets Cossham down is the postal service. I accept that Velopost might be cheaper and "greener" than Royal Mail. However, when you're in pain and waiting for x-ray results to tell you what is wrong, then a 9 day delivery timescale for a letter calling you back in for more x-rays is unacceptable.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Will give birth here again.

As a first time mum I was advised to go to Southmead or St Michaels hospitals to give birth. I was determined to go to cossham hospital and I was extremely happy I have birth there. The staff were fantastic and really welcoming for myself, partner and my mum. I was always reassured and kept in the loop with what was going on. The rooms are wonderful and clean. I was lucky enough to try all the different the equipment to aid giving birth.
I've recommended it to every pregnant woman I've met in Bristol. What initially was a scary experience, was made a wonderful one with the help of the staff and midwives at cossham. To those mums to be that are worried it will hurt without an epidural, it really doesn't! Gas and air is all the pain relief you need!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 January 2015

Cossham Hospital has not yet replied.

Tony gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT scan

I had a CT Scan this afternoon, I found the whole experience first class. I was called in early for my appointment, the various members of staff concerned were very caring, thorough and professional, explaining whole procedure from start to finish. At the end I was recommend to recover for a few minutes with a welcome cup of coffee and biscuits. An excellent and unexpected experience, I was very impressed.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 27 August 2014

shazz777 gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I had an appointment for a MRI at Cossham today(17 July).I have to say that the person who escorted me through to the mobile MRI SCAN was brilliant and the Radiologist made me feel less anxious as l really don't like going for these MRI SCANS.I was told exactly what was going too happen.As a team they worked very well together,both were very professional,caring communication with patients were second to none.Thank you guys for all that you both did for me today.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

grapop gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a pleasant experience

I went to my doctor with an extremely painful knee,
after an examination she asked me to go to cossham or southmead hospital to get it x-rayed. I chose to go cossham as it is closer to home.The doctor said I did not need any paperwork or an appointment, just go along. I went on Friday a day after seeing the doctor.The car park at the front of the hospital is mainly for disabled, which is fair enough and I parked in car park B with no problem and no charge! I signed in at reception and as soon as they saw my name, produced my paperwork. I took a seat as requested, there was seven or eight other people waiting Within 10 minutes I was collected and taken to the x-ray room. The nurse and the student nurse were very friendly, called me by my Christian name, a nice touch.The whoe experience was very pleasant and friendly.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 30 May 2014

Anonymous reviewed Urology at Cossham Hospital

ultrasound

I had a bladder ultrasound and was told the bladder and kidneys looked normal, yet when I read the report for this scan I was stunned to realise that my bladder was thin and there was urine left in my bladder post void.

How does that equal a normal result please?

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 23 January 2015

Anonymous reviewed Cossham Hospital

phone just ringing out for contacting hospital

Have tried to call hospital a number of times but the phone number detailed on this website just rings out. Very frustrating

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 30 April 2014

Cossham Hospital replied on 12 May 2014

Dear Anonymous – I am sorry that you have had problems in contacting Cossham Hospital. If there is no direct number quoted on the correspondence you have received contact can be made via the central switchboard at Southmead Hospital which is 0117 950 5050

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes