Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

0115 924 9924 Derby Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

visit to A&E evening Saturday 1st April 2017

Was expecting a long wait on a Saturday evening, and was quite surprised to find we were wrong in our assumption. I accompanied my husband as he had badly cut his finger earlier on. We were seen almost immediately and he was assessed and then his treatment was explained to him. Shortly afterwards he was ushered in and the treatment was duly carried out. We got home shortly afterwards.
We are writing to praise the staff and clinicians for the professional and kind way we were treated. We expected chaos but there was none. Everyone was kind and welcoming, and our experience was a very good one. Please pass on our good wishes and thanks to the staff.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 03 April 2017

I’m pleased to hear that your husband was seen and treated quickly in our Emergency Department (ED) and you were pleased with the service you received. Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. I have shared your kind words with the team in ED. I hope your husband’s finger is healing well.

Best wishes to you both,

Jane Newton.
Matron, Emergency Department.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely excellent no complaints whatsoever

I was treated for an abscess on my ear and although it was a painful procedure I'd just like to say a massive thank you to all staff who were all very professional at all times, accommodating and welcoming, personable, friendly and understanding. Nothing but high praise and gratitude from me from all the lovely staff who helped and cared for me. Thank so much all of you, you do an amazing job in a difficult job sector and I'm extremely grateful for the beautiful service I received. God bless all of you. Thank you.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 18 April 2017

I’m pleased to hear you had such good care and our staff were friendly, welcoming and looked after you well.

I hope you’re feeling better after your procedure. I’ve shared your kind words with staff involved in your care and treatment.

With kind regards,

Keith Knox.

Matron, Head and Neck.

rubbleb reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

I was admitted following a series of gallbladder attacks and after promptly...

I was admitted following a series of gallbladder attacks and after promptly receiving a mrcp I was awaiting an ercp for the removal of some stones blocking my bile ducts. I ended up going over to QMC on day 9 of my stay. I had a prolonged wait due to the 3 staff at Lincoln that do it being off at once. This was nearly the entire school Easter holidays and I have 3 young children. This ended up being a very traumatic experience for myself and my family.
The staff on Hatton ward were very good, however. The nurses, HCSWs and housekeepers always seemed to try their best under sometimes extremely stressful circumstances. Our hospital is often open to lots of negative attention but this didn't show through the staff. They were always trying their best and were very accommodating to my circumstances.
The surgeon I saw prior to discharge has said I need my gallbladder out within 10-14 days and I have now received a date for early may at Grantham which is 3 1/2 weeks from when they said it should be done. This again brings problems with children, travel etc and I am struggling with arranging getting home after discharge. I have been told that I am at the top of a cancellation list at Lincoln and I am hoping this comes through as soon as possible.
I am overall very happy with my care but feel as if could of been shortened if the staff for the ERCPs had been available at Lincoln. My bed could of been made available for another poorly patient on a busy surgical ward, and I could of been at home with my family.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 19 April 2017

Sorry to hear you have had a stressful experience. If you would like to contact Lincoln County Hospital you can contact them directly on: 01522 707071. If you wish to discuss your care and treatment at Queen’s Medical Centre further you can do so on: 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623.

Best wishes,

Ashley Rolfe, Patient Experience Officer.

Karen gave Ophthalmology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Retina tear

I was referred from my local hospital with a retina tear, and I am extremely grateful to both the doctor who carried out the procedure to fix my tear recently and also the nurses who looked after my during this surgery/prodcedure I had. They all showed professionalism to the highest standard, the people of Nottingham should be thankful the have such an amazing hospital. People knock the NHS but we should be proud to have such a good one.

So thank you QMC without you I may have lost my sight. Could you please pass this on to all staff involved.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 24 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and let us know how we did. I’ve shared your comments with the teams and with the Head and Neck matron, who will share your thanks with the nursing team as well.

Wishing you well,

Adam Brooks.

Divisional Director, Surgery.

Kj1974 gave Ophthalmology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Tear in retina

I would like to say a big thank you to my consultant/surgeon for the care they gave me recently. Also for the nurses and anesthetist who kept talking to me in theatre. They all showed true professionalism throughout and are a credit to the NHS. I was referred to QMC as my local hospital could not carry out the cryopexy procedure I had and I am really truely grateful for their speedy action on the situation. The people of Nottingham should be thankful they have a such an excellent hospital in the city. People knock the NHS but I cannot, they should be proud we have it.

Please could you pass on my thanks to the eye department, it is really appreciated.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

Thank you for such kind comments. I’ve shared your feedback with medical and nursing staff. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks again,

Adam Brooks.
Divisional Director, Surgery.

Hooty reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

My daughter's care in eye casualty

My daughter who is 9 years old had been climbing a tree when some bark flew into her eye.
She was in a lot of pain so I took her to eye casualty where she was very promptly booked in and seen be a specialist nurse called Helen.
She took time to explain to my daughter what she was going to do and she carried out her treatment swiftly but gently.
My daughter had a foreign body removed and was given ointment to treat her corneal abrasion.
I can't thank Helen and her team enough ...... thanks for all that you do in such difficult times for the NHS.
My daughter is on the mend and now talks about wanting to be an eye doctor when she's all grown up.
Just thought I'd share my positive experience.
S

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 07 April 2017

This is wonderful feedback! Thanks for taking time to share it with us. I’ve shared this with Eye Casualty staff (including Helen) who all send their best wishes to your daughter. I am pleased to hear that her experience has influenced her future career and that she now has aspirations to be an eye doctor! We look forward to having your daughter on our books in later life!
Have a great weekend,
Ella Bowers.
Sister, Eye Casualty.

Patient Opinion Logo

snoggyfrokel gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Visit to ED after a fall

Thank to the staff who treated me on the 26th April in ED at the QMC. I had fallen and after a call to 111 I was advised to attend ED.

The wait was long (who knew so many people would attend on a Wednesday evening) but I was treated with kindness, compassion, dignity and respect. The Nurse Practitioner, Radiographer, other nursing and support staff were efficient under pressure, apologised for the delays explaining they were short staffed and gave excellent care to me.

Thank you to the staff who provided my care.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you your praise. It’s good of you to get in touch. We’re lucky to have such dedicated staff at NUH, who strive to do the best job for patients.

I’ve shared your message of thanks with our Emergency Department staff.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

Jane Newton.

Emergency Department Matron.

Anonymous reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Unfortunately I found myself admitted this past week, was sent to a&e the staff

Unfortunately I found myself admitted this past week, was sent to a&e the staff were and are amazing there. Later sent to C32 and C31, I was very poorly and in severe pain the care I received was good, however I found the communication was very poor on a trolley in surgical triage 2 days 20 hours no one at any point told me what was going on or why they was doing what they was doing, after being told I was staying on C31 I was moved to A23 they had no idea of me coming I was moved around quite a lot this didn't help with my pain. they didn't know the details of my illness was no proper handover stayed one night and discharged with no pain relief just waiting on a referral to see specialists for further tests, overall I did come across some lovely people, thankyou to all involved in my care.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 07 April 2017

I am sorry to hear your experience was not as it should have been.
It would be useful to get some more information from you so we can fully understand what went wrong and provide you with the explanation you deserve. Because your experience spans a number of wards and services, I think the best course of action would be for you to contact the Patient Experience team initially, who can listen to your concerns and liaise with me and relevant Matrons and Ward Managers to ensure we all investigate and learn from your experience to make future improvements in communication.
Should you wishes to, you can contact the Patient Experience team on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or email QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.
With kind regards,
Rekhaben Patel.
Matron, Colorectal, HBO, General Surgery and Surgical Triage.

Patient Opinion Logo

Rozhia gave Maternity services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Baby born 30.3.17

My baby was born by semi emergency c section on 30.3.17.
Everyone who attended to me was very kind, professional, clinically amazing in their skills and knowledge.

I was so worried about my labour being medicalised but i was treated so kindly the experience could not have been better.

All the teams worked so well together and were very well co ordinated. Every midwife, doctor, the theatre staff and other health care professionals i encounted could not have been better in their roles.

My epidural was also amazing, the procedure was done quickly and worked fantastically. My husband and I were kept informed throughout about baby's progress and well being and in the decision to go for a c section.

The staff on c29 were also wonderful.

To anyone worried about giving birth I can assure you you will be in very good hands at the QMC.

Thank you to everyone we met who looked after us. I really feel you all went above and beyond in the care provided.

Rozhia and Kaya and Alyn.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 10 April 2017

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I am pleased you felt you were in safe hands. I have shared your feedback with our maternity team.

Warmest regards,

Kay Khan, Matron, Maternity.

Rob Taylor reviewed Colorectal cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Stent insertation due to bowel cancer

Originally at another hospital who do not do this procedure I was transferred to Nottingham QMC for half of the day.

I found the staff and consultant all very pleasant and professional, everything was explained to me and my family. Pain relief was provided which it wasn't at the other hospital which I was grateful for. The ward was clean, quiet and modern in comparison to the other hospital.

The procedure went without issue and thankfully this should keep me out of hospital due to bowel blockages.

This has made me seriously consider transferring over to QMC for my cancer treatment due to the level of care and how much more modern the hospital is compared to the other hospital.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 27 April 2017

Thank you for getting in touch. It’s great to hear your procedure went smoothly and you felt well cared for. I’ll share this with the colorectal surgery team.

Wishing you the best,