Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone: 0115 924 9924
Address: Derby Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Every time i need an appointment it takes months to get it. after waiting...

Every time i need an appointment it takes months to get it.
after waiting months, I go to my appointment, took me 40m to park
I waited for nearly 1 hour and after the nurse says that my doctor was not there and I could see another doctor, (not good as only that doctor can decide about my situation)
they rearrange for after 1 month, the earliest they can do.

1 month after, I go to the appointment. It took me 1.20m to park, this really absurd. I get there and give my details to the receptionist, who tells me that there is at least 1 hour delay. I sit down not happy but used to that.
Just 1 hour after, a different nurse gets out and tell us that our doctor is not there and we have another hour waiting but we can see another doctor. After complaining and asked to be referred to a different hospital they suddenly they say that I can see a different doctor immediately so I go inside and the same doctor that last time saw me and it supposed was rearranging to see my specialist. The doctor tells me the same that they cant do anything and I need to see my own doctor.
The nurse says that I should had said that it was for that doctor when I made the appointment, that was out of order as it was their mistake to waste my time that many times and for that many hours.

The car park situation is a joke, trying to get into the hospitals car pak is impossible and the queueing time is unacceptable

The service offering is horrible and im asking to be referred to a different hospital.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 08 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus has not yet replied.

char mc gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Admitted through A and E

On Friday Dec 4th 2014 I went to a and e after being in terrible pain and 2 doctors vists with no joy. The care I received was fast and excellent!! Special praise for a nurse practitioner in a and e. She was wonderful, caring, made me feel calm and explored every avenue and involved me completely! She is a credit to the team. I was then sent up to ward c32 gyno. Again the care up there was fantastic. The nurses are brilliant, kind and couldn't do enough! I felt the night staff wasn't as happy as the day staff but maybe they were tired. ... The ward actually moved during my four day stay to a ground floor new gyno ward. This looked fab and had a great feel but I felt it not quite ready as it was a bit chaos as to be expected but alot of the women felt extremely cold. Temp was definitely cool compared to upstairs. I ended up having a laproscopy on Sunday. The gyno surgeon was again fantastic but I did wait 6 and a half hours after the lap to find out what was wrong. But when he came to me he couldn't of been nicer and was happy and interested to answer my questions. My whole experience has made me never fear hospital again. You are in the best hands and care and all these people doing this work should be very proud everyday of what they deliver and acheive. Its made me want to go and do something amazing like they do!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 10 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 17 December 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is great to hear of your experiences of good care in the Emergency Department and on ward C32. We are glad you liked the new ward, although we are sorry to hear it was a little cold at first. We are aware of the heating issues on our new unit and are working hard to rectify so that patients’ stay can be as comfortable as possible. In the mean time, we are using temporary heaters. We will pass your kind words on to the surgeon and his colleagues in gynaecology.

Suzanne gave Neurology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Maternity, paediatric neurology & epilepsy nurses excellent

I had both of my children at QMC and can't praise the staff who cared for me enough. I was under consultant care as I have epilepsy and I was informed of the pros and cons of all possible treatments through both pregnancies and allowed to make the decisions about my care myself. The consultants were great and the epilepsy nurses were outstanding - not only through my pregnancies but on the maternity ward with my newborns, when I went in for post natal checks and at all subsequent appointments, including supporting me through my son being diagnosed with epilepsy too.
The paediatric neurology team have been amazing. They break everything down so we can process it step by step and allow us to feel in control when we've been feeling helpless.
The midwives who delivered my babies, along with those who checked them throughout my pregnancies, always made me feel safe.
I want to thank everyone I came into contact with, from consultants and midwives to nurses and specialists.
My care by QMC started in approx 2008 and is still fantastic in 2014.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 18 December 2014

Stacey1978 gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Early pregnancy scan

I have got to say I'm absolutely disgusted in the way I have been treated. 7 weeks ago I went to A&E where I learned I'd miscarried, They didn't send me for a scan in fact nobody even came to see me from gynaecology. I literally caught pregnant again within days of my miscarriage, I've been in contact with the midwife to see about an early scan after everything I've been through obviously I'm very scared an anxious to know I haven't got an etopic and to give me piece of mind, I've learned today that the early pregnancy unit will not take me, this has left me very upset and so stressed. Also with me being pregnant I've had to stop taking my antidepressants which I have been on for 7 years so I'm disgusted in the way I've been treated so now the staff have left me to wait for my 12 week scan not knowing if my baby is ok or not and it will be a huge surprise with the amount of extra stress they have now put me under that I don't develop complications again.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 18 December 2014

Anonymous gave Neurology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

D11

All the nurses, consultants and sergeon have been absolutely fantastic on d11 and d12. I am very proud of the care and hard work the nurses do in a very stressful environment. I would like to say that one of the nurses on d11 should not be in the role. They are a disgrace to the nursing job and is letting the team down with a very bad attitude and inconsideration to patients and their families. This nurse was very rude! I hate to say this however I would rather say it and have their attitude sorted out for future patients. This nurse was swearing, slamming doors and being very rude to patients and families. It made me feel very unconfitible and uneasy. I was at the hospital to get better not be made to feel scard. Hope someone speak to her about this.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 26 November 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 03 December 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are very pleased that you felt you received good standard of care at our hospital. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience of one member of the nursing staff, and we agree that this is absolutely not an acceptable way for a member of staff to behave towards patients and families, and is not in keeping with the values we expect all our colleagues to abide by. We will be looking into this matter and if you would like to speak to us in more detail about what you saw and heard, please get in touch with Anne Scott, our Clinical Lead for Musculoskeletal and Neurosciences (and Digestive Diseases and Thoracics) by email to Anne.Scott2@nuh.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Care in resus

Our son was involved in a rta Saturday night. Care in resus was fantastic and timely. Doctors, nurses, support staff, reception and radiographers were superb.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 12 November 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 27 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we are glad to hear of the good care your son received in our Emergency Department, and we will pass your kind words on to our colleagues in the ED.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Pharmacy gettig bad to worse

What I liked

Pharmacy is worse,, my wife had to go back to the treatment centre today at the Q.M.C.12/11/2011...to see her consultant ,i went in to the pharmacy to see what was the waiting time for a perception . i was told by a member of staff 45 min to 1 hour wait , the pharmacy was full of people waiting ,,, this is got to be distressing for the old and them who are in a lot of pain...its not getting any better,,, dose anyone care at the pharmacy? why are they allowed to get away with this cruelty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 13 November 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 25 November 2014

We are very sorry to hear of the difficulties you continue to have with the pharmacy at the Nottingham Treatment Centre. The pharmacy, as part of the Nottingham Treatment Centre, is managed by our partners at Circle Partnership, who operate the Treatment Centre. We will endeavour to pass your feedback on to Circle, however we would advise you that if you continue to have difficulties in future it may be best for you to get in touch with the Circle Nottingham Treatment Centre yourself, which you can do by telephone to 0115 970 5800 or by email to nottingham@circlepartnership.co.uk. We are sure they will appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 3 stars

Great Communication, Lack of information

What I liked

I came here on a Thursday night after coughing up blood, had some very serious pain in my abdomen and near the centre of my chest, I also had a tight feeling in my chest and 2 or 3 nights before I had a blackout where I nearly collapsed.

The streaming nurse, A+E doctors and nurses who took my blood tests, ECG, temp and CT scan were all very cheerful and considerate/caring.

The A+E senior doctors or gastro doctors examined me carefully, asked me about my what I had eaten and what I was doing which was good, they said I could have stomach ulcers and was given a gastro tablet with strong pain killers and said they will pass details to my GP to refer me back to the gastro department which I am grateful for.

What I can't understand is when the doctors went away and maybe went off duty I was approached by a rude nurse with a right attitude saying you can go home now so get ready!! I asked what about the doctors report to my GP.

She said the doctors done what they needed to do so you can go home!

I was very frustrated, appalled and confused I still get the pains now and have to wait until Monday to see my GP.

Due to my uncertainty I am unsure if I will come to this ED department again and may go to another after what happened at the end it shows that some of the nurses don't have consideration or care for others who come to ED, I am quite unhappy.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 15 November 2014

Great Communication, Lack of acknowledgement

It was a Thursday afternoon I was out in town and I felt bloated and I went to the toilets to try and sick it out and when I did I was coughing up blood and had very serios abdominal pain and going to the centre of my chest, I thought have I got a bleed inside my stomach or porferation like?

Also some pressure on my head and blacked out and nearly collapsed 2 nites before sa I have a Neurological condition in which I am being referred for.

The time I entered A+E the streaming nurse was lovely and considerate she checked my blood pressure talked about what was going on and all my symptoms. She then told me to sit down and wait to be seen by two of the doctors or nurses, she said we are going to give you something to sit on with out wheels I began to think if I was being taken seriously or if I am a visitor instead or have they ran out of trolley beds haha.

I sat down and we talked about what had happened about my abdominal pains and I told her about the night I nearly collapsed, also explained I am being refered to neurolgy in which she was surprised and asked why so I explained that I have black outs, dizziness, tiredness and weakness with the pressure feeling I get on my head at times.

They perfromed an EGG and took my bloods, they then gave me a trolley bed to rest on.

About 4 hours later I was seen by possibly a gastro Doctor or A+E lead doctors who examined my abdominal pains and had a discussion about my medical history, when the pain happened/started, what I was eating and doing at the time which I am most appreciative.

The doctors said I had stomach ulcers and I explained I had an endoscopy and I have lost quite a bit of weight due to gastro condition and they are sending information back to my GP for me to be referred back to gastro department I said I should also have a colonioscopy as I had some bowel pain and they agreed and went off to arrange something.

I was given pain killler and a nice type of gastro tablet which relieved a nurse at the end made things sour and had a right attitude and was rude You can go home now! I asked what about my tests and the doctors report to my GP and she replied, thats all been done you can go home!

Then before all this the another doctor said when I said I thought of it being a bleed you don't do the thinking, we do the thinking, I said ok and I was coughing blood, she said, that is for us to think about did she think I was making it up?

At the end I felt confused and frustrated when she told me to go home, I thought if anything had been done or if the report was sent back to my GP.

Due to my uncertainty I may not go to this A+E department again and may go to another should I need to, the doctors do one thing right and the other wrong at times, its not good enough.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 15 November 2014

Anonymous gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

grateful patient

What I liked

Nothing but praise for the surgeons and staff. Would go nowhere else.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 22 November 2014

Thank you for your kind words, we are very glad to hear of the good care you have received from our colleagues.