Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone: 0115 924 9924
Address: Derby Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Emergency Gynaecology and Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit

I had appointment this morning for the scan,for failed pregnancy.It was a second scan to make sure it is right,as first scan two weeks before already showed failed pregnancy.The appointment started at 10am.After the scan it was confirmed the worst,and after short talk with nurse me and my husband been advised to wait for a consultant/doctor for more information and options in a waiting room.We have been waiting for a consultant/doctor for a 5 hours!! with no avail.Asking at the reception every hour for how much longer we have to wait as it is 5 hours we have been waiting already! And every time we been told no longer than another half an hour.But after 5 hours we decided to leave without any results as could not bare to spend another hour in that waiting room and also my husband needed to go to work.So still do not know what happened with my pregnancy and what should i do in this situation.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 02 July 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus has not yet replied.

Ellida reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Difficulty contacting department

My friend emailed her concerns following our visit to Queens Medical Centre Macular Clinic I have previously made a formal complaint to the hospital and wait to see what will happen.
However she had had a reply from the department and sent to the details to me. They asked someone to call her whcih I did. I decided to explain what happened from my point of view. In all I called 5 times.
At no time did anyone on the department take my message nor did anyone attempt to call me back. On some occasions the message said the phone was busy or unobtainable.
Just how hard does the NHS have to make it to get feedback?
However, the attention by medical staff when I finally met them was good.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 01 July 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Jane reviewed Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Thank you.

My son was seen in A&E yesterday after a big fall off his mountain bike. He was seen relatively quickly and the staff were really lovely. I think people are sometimes to quick to complain about the NHS but not praise. So thank you very much :-)

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 18 June 2015

Adam Szczotka gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Waste of a day and nothing achieved

My doctor first referred me for an x ray, arrive at x ray clinic on time for my appointment at 11; have to wait 40 minutes to be seen. Following this I have to have a few more scans, so a 15 minute extra wait. Then told to go down to A and E to have further consultation. Wait in A and E 30 minutes to be seen by the streming nurse/doctor, told to go wait in the yellow waiting area.

Wait in the yellow area for 35-40 minutes. Get seen by the emergency Nurse (don't know if I am supposed to mention names), who seemed taken aback by the fact I was there even though my xray said had no break. Goes up to talk to the xray department, I was another 15 minutes but still no worries as I understand that the QMC is extremely busy and that doctors are under stress and there is no problem for me waiting.

The nurse comes back and then says there is nothing to do as there is no break and to go back to my doctor and wait another week for him to get my xrays. I ask is there any advice they can give on what to do or what they might think is wrong.
The nurse says they think it's ligament damage, could they not do any simple tests to see what is wrong with my hand so I can get a better idea of what to do with it? Throughout this the nurse is extremely condescending and quite frankly rude and saying if there was something wrong with me they would refer me, as if blaming me for following advice given to me by previous doctors. I then say I would like to make a complaint and the nurse then starts ranting to me about how 'If I want to make threats thats fine' as if I was trying to threaten them and the nurse tried to provoke a reaction. I just said to the nurse that they were being condescending and not helpful. This injury although not important to them, is keeping me from working as I work a manual job in Summer and need to lift heavy items. The nurse gave me little advice, and only because I asked. If I had not asked questions I would not have received any advice on how to lessen the pain of my injury.
The nurse showed no empathy towards my situation and made it apparent that I was wasting their time. Extremely upsetting and frustrating as I have just looked up what to do with ligament damage to the hand and it is simply to put it in a splint, could the nurse not have advised me to do this? Never have I felt so let down and wasted a day to this extent. It was basically better that I didn't come in today as the advice I got in the end was next to nothing. I will not be using QMC ever again by choice.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 02 June 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 09 June 2015

Thank you for taking time to provide such detailed feedback.
We are extremely concerned to read your comments about your experience and attitudes and behaviours.
It is unusual for a patient to wait for 40 minutes at the X Ray clinic. We apologise that this occurred. It is difficult to comment without the exact details (date/time of your visit), however a spike in walk-in patients may have extended waiting times on this particular day.
We X Ray patients according to the guidance given by the GP. Sometimes we will get a second opinion from a radiographer if we have concerns about a bone injury. If you had a definite fracture, we would inform you and refer you to our Emergency Department (ED) for treatment. However, sometimes patients are referred to ED without a fracture if there are other concerns such as swelling. Again, without exact details it is difficult to comment with any certainty – however it seems likely that this was the case for you. It does also appear that communication between departments and with you could have been better.
We would like to look into your concerns further, including those about attitudes and behaviours of our staff. If you wish to discuss this further you can contact me on 0115 9249924 ext. 64333.

Tracey A Clegg
Modality Manager Plain Film
Nottingham University Hospitals

Anonymous gave Critical care at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Thank you for the excellent care my dad received whilst in ITU.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 23 June 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 24 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I am pleased to hear your dad received such good care. I will share this with the team on our ITU.

Sarah Moppett.
Clinical Lead, Specialist Support.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Epilepsy unit

Yesterday I attended my appointment with the Neurologist, who asked me about my past and childhood in which they believe I have NEAD although I still believe my blackouts and attacks are not related to NEAD as I have had 2 or 3 different types of head injury in the past and have had different attacks, sharp head pains and migraines with a pressure sensation in my head causing me to blackout or fit along with numbness, weakness and pain in my arms or legs not triggered by stress or NEAD, which could be related to my nerves esp when waking from sleep and there are things they missed out on, which should be investigated and sent for tests in my next appointment.

The Neurologist was however excellent in investigating my attacks, they were very understanding, professional and caring as the Neurologist told me to do a test to see an attack in which I had an episode and has referred me to see seizure therapists and epilepsy nurses, thank you for your ongoing investigation and support from Neurology the receptionist were very helpful and great too. Excellent!

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 25 June 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 29 June 2015

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback on our Neurology Service. It’s great to hear that you found your neurologist to be so understanding, professional and caring. We would like to share this feedback directly with the neurologist who treated you. We would therefore greatly appreciate it if you could get in touch to let us know their name by calling: 0115 9249924 ext. 67184 or emailing sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk.

Sue Arnold,
Matron, Neurology.

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

A&E

Admitted after fall with head and wrist injuries on 9th June at about 4 pm. Think I was attended to by Yellow Team ( not sure asI was somewhat "out of it" at the time). Totally, caring, efficient and professional. Each practioner was aware of previous and next procedures. MRI and Xray carried out speedily. Co-ordinating Doctor kept me informed fully.
Great treatment. Thanks to all. Credit to the Service.

Norman Diamond

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 29 June 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 30 June 2015

Hi Norman. Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It’s great to hear how caring, efficient and professional the team were during your stay, and that staff kept you well informed during your treatment. I have shared your kind comments with my team.

Lucy Thow,
Matron, Emergency Department.

Jade gave Neurosurgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

All the staff were brilliant!!

I had brain surgery performed on the 18th May.
I had an MRI scan at Kings Mill, where the staff were also great, about 2 weeks before my surgery.
I was called into the QMC about 10 days before my op where I met my surgeons, and my key worker and a lot of other surgeons, and I am ashamed to say I only remember the surgeon.
I went for my operation on the 18th and it all went well. The doctor who performed it, removed a slow growing tumor from my brain, I didn't know but I had had it since a child.
The op went well and I was in hospital for 6 days.
The care I was given from the nurses was suburb!! I was in recovery for about 7 hours and I had my own nurse, who was very good.
I was then moved to a ward, I am not which one, but it was very good. I was told, but I'm not sure which.
I was given a bed bath for 2 days and I cannot thank the staff who did it enough! They dealt with me with utter dignity and respect, I just cannot say thank you enough times. On the Wednesday I had to go for a scan and a nurse came with me and stayed with me. This really did make me feel safe.
I think the day after my scan, the surgeon came and explained my results.

It has only been 6 weeks since my operation, I still have to have my radiotherapy but I just wanted to say how grateful I am to the surgeon, who if it wasn't for I wouldn't be here, and all of the nurses, who were all brilliant, I am. There was a nurse, who came with me for my scan, who really seemed to care for me. I cannot give this nurse enough praise, or speak highly enough of them.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 23 June 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 26 June 2015

Hello Jade. Thanks so much for sharing such detailed feedback. It makes great reading. Having a tumour removed must be incredibly frightening. It is pleasing to hear you felt so confident in the care of our staff. We have passed this feedback on to the neurosurgery team for you.

Sue Arnold,
Matron, MSKN.

EileenH gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Wonderfull Surgeon

I am just 2 weeks post total thyroidectomy and recovering well. I cannot thank the Consultant and their dedicated team of doctors enough. Having had surgery before I get extremely nervous. But on this occasion knowing I was in excellent hands I felt very calm. Everything was explained to me prior to the op. The Doctors were all very kind and Caring. The nursing staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 05 June 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 10 June 2015

Hi EileenH. Thank you for this wonderful feedback.

If you would like us to pass on your personal thanks to the team and consultant directly, please do get in touch to let us know the names of the clinical teams who cared for you. You can contact me on 66459

Hannah Docherty, Head and Neck Matron.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

my advice would be do not ever go there !

The worst hospital I have ever seen in my life, inapt staff , awfull and rude, under refurbishment which makes the hygiene levels comprimised and it is absolutely the worst place to be if you are ill. my advice would be do not ever go there !

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 18 June 2015

We are deeply concerned to read your comments. We are anxious to speak to you further, please, so that we can understand your concerns in more detail – particularly those regarding attitudes and behaviours of our staff and the environment. It would be helpful to know some of the finer details, including which area of the hospital you visited and which service or ward you experienced so that we can investigate your concerns fully. If you would like to contact me to provide this information, we would welcome this. You can do so by emailing sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk or calling 0115 9249924 ext. 67184.