Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

0115 924 9924 Derby Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH

brebecca225 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

A Credit to the NHS

Yesterday, my partner was admitted to ward C31 a the QMC for emergency surgery.
I would like to compliment a particular member of staff there, who normally works at the City Hospital but was doing bank work on C31 until 12pm. I think her name was Teresa but I am not sure.
My boyfriend had a traumatic day being rushed into surgery and she went out of her way to make sure my boyfriend was comfy and had everything we needed after the surgery, and showed upmost care and bedside manner. She chatted to us and made us feel cared for, even though the care team were stretched!
I believe she went above and beyond her role and I would like to thank her. She is a credit to the NHS.
Please make sure that this is fed back to her.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 07 June 2017

Thank you for sharing this, I’m grateful to you for your feedback about C31 and Teresa. I’ll make sure to share this with Teresa and with the ward team. We all wish your boyfriend a speedy recovery and will take good care of him.

Best wishes

Caroline Wise

Trauma Matron

Anonymous reviewed Ophthalmology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

QMC pharmacy

.I attended an outpatient clinic at QMC today. I was given a prescription for 2 items which I took to the QMC pharmacy.
After a wait - which I was told about - I received the 2 items. I immediately had a query with one of the items. The pharmacy sorted this out very quickly.
As I was about to leave the hospital I suddenly noticed that the instructions on the packet of the 2nd medication was different to what I had had before. I therefore went back through the hospital and enquired at the pharmacy. Within minutes they had telephoned the doctor I had seen in clinic and clarified what my medication was and the instructions for it.

The pharmacy staff were very informative, helpful and courteous throughout all of this. I am very grateful to them and thought the service was exemplary,

I would be grateful if you could pass my thanks on to them please. I could see how busy they were but yet I was treated with the upmost respect.

Thank you pharmacy staff for helping me out.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

Thank you sharing your experience of our Pharmacy Service. I’m pleased to hear you found our staff to be so informative and helpful. I’ve shared this with the QMC Pharmacy team.

Guy Wilkes.

Managing Director,

Nottingham Hospital Pharmacy Services

Mark Hulse gave Critical care at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Lynn Jarrett Unit

I am a senior lecturer in a Faculty of Health in a respected University and have been part of the NHS for over three decades. My mother, a frail octogenarian, was in this unit for end of life care after an emergency admission for ruptured peptic ulcer and oesophageal varices. This team was highly organised, well-motivated, well-trained, caring, compassionate and considerate. At all times my mother was treated with care, dignity, compassion and respect. My visiting relatives also received a high level of care and compassion. The staff embody the NHS values and made me proud to be part of the NHS. I have no hesitation whatsoever in thoroughly recommending them. They brought it home to me that throwing money at the NHS is not the answer; this level of organisation, communication and commitment however, is. They could teach us all a thing or two. My only wish is that someone with sufficient authority and prowess can visit this unit and tap into their uniqueness with a view to disemminating their skills and values to all.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 08 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch, Mark. My condolences on your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

The care you describe is that which we strive to deliver to our end of life patients, their loved ones and their families. I have shared your feedback with staff on the ward.

We can always do more to share good practice across the organisation and we will endeavour to use your feedback regarding your mother’s care to ensure we do so.

Anita Morley.
Sister, Lyn Jarett Unit.

Christina gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Drop in for surgery

I was extremely satisfied with the service that was provided for me today, I had three teeth pulled down after an accident earlier this week. They were so welcoming and friendly, I cannot thank them enough, I'm so happy my teeth are back down and I just need to go to the dentist from now on. Brilliant service, could not fault them whatsoever! I never feel distrust with the QMC, in the past i haven't usually been there for myself but I can safely say from a first person perspective they have been magnificent!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 12 June 2017

Thank you Christina. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’ve shared your comments with our maxillofacial team who looked after you.

Sending our best wishes and hope you are better soon.

Helen Yates.

Maxillofacial Service Manager.

Impressed of Nottingham reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

The care they offered could not be faulted

Had to take relative to A & E yesterday following accident. Found all the staff to be highly professional, courteous and efficient. From triage to treatment took under 2 hours. The care they offered could not be faulted.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 June 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 15 June 2017

Thanks so much for getting in touch and sharing details of your experience. I’ve shared your feedback comments with our Emergency Department team.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Jane Newton.
Matron, Emergency Department.

chris gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

went in with chest pain and blood pressure

called 101 regarding chest pain and blood pressure,they sent a ambulance to me which arrived very quick the guys were very friendly and explained things in depth,we went to the queens medical a&e where the staff treated me quickly and efficiency the doctor explained my problems and advised me what to do,
absolute brill job kind and caring keep up the good work

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 June 2017

What great feedback. Thanks so much. I’ve shared this with our Emergency Department team.
Wishing you well.

Jane Newton
Matron, Emergency Department

Brian W reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

the kindness and the care I received was first class

I fell down in my garden and hit a step with great force cutting a deep gash in my forehead, my wife took me to the A & E for treatment, all the staff are absolutely wonderful, the kindness and the care I received was first class, the nurses
could not have been kinder and the lady who put the stitches in my forehead so neatly was superb. I can only say what a great team they have.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 20 June 2017

Sounds like you had quite a fall Brian! We appreciate your kind words and hope the wound in your head is healing well.

Jane Newton.
Matron, Emergency Department.

Lee Gray gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

The care at QMC is beyond excellent.

My care/food everything at QMC has been beyond excellent. There are no are word's I can say to my treatment I've received since I've been here. Everyone who works at QMC hospital should be rewarded for they do. I just can't explain how grateful I am to the care etc I'm getting, it's amazing. I will ever be grateful to everyone that has treated me, cared for me , served me etc.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Thanks for such lovely feedback Lee. I’m pleased to hear you’re satisfied with the care you have received. It would be great to be able to share this directly with the staff who provided your care. If you would like to, you can contact me directly with some more information. You can reach me on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Thanks again for the feedback Lee,

Sarah Kennedy.

Patient Experience Officer.

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Awful after care and diagnosis / communication

My mother has been in and out of this hospital for 2.5 years after suffering a brain tumour. She has had operations to remove the skull, insert a plate, remove the plate, insert a plate etc and keeps getting infections. The care you receive after the operations are truly awful. No one answers calls, no one has any answers for any questions and to receive the same issues over and over again leads to inept people rather than genuine issues. I truly am disgusted by the way they treat and assist the patients. They have currently left her for 4 days whilst they do some tests to see why the brain has become infected again. Within these 4 days there has hardly been any communication or any timescales or possibilities for the infection given. I appreciate the severity of her illness and many people may be grateful that she is still with us but from seeing how she has been treated throughout these 2.5 years I am sickened about the care she has received.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

I’m sorry to hear of your mother’s experience. It would be useful to find out more so that we can look into your concerns as quickly as possible for you. Would you be able to contact the patient experience team so they can take some details from you and ensure this is investigated? You can contact them on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Adam Brooks.
Divisional Director, Surgery.

Health professional turned patient reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

They were lovely and really made me feel at ease

I went to my GP with a gynae problem. Firstly the Junior Dr GP did an excellent job and was really reassuring and thorough. They got straight on to getting senior advice and managed to arrange for me to be seen at Gynae outpatients at QMC the same afternoon.
An hour and a half later I was in the Gynae clinic, waited less than 10 minutes before being seen by a lovely auxiliary nurse and then had my consultation with the Registrar and Specialist Nurse. They were lovely and really made me feel at ease. I make a much better health professional than patient - it's scary being on the other side but my fellow team NUH members were brilliant!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 21 June 2017

Thanks again for taking time to share your comments, it means a lot. Sounds like you are as proud to be a member of ‘teamNUH’ as me!

Sarah Kordula.
Ward Manager, A23 Gynaecology Outpatients.