Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone: 0115 924 9924
Address: Derby Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

standard of treatment and openess of procedures

Having been admitted to A&E after a heavy fall ,the initial x ray and assessment was a dislocated shoulder and minor fracture that needed just popping back in and a sling.. Several hours later my injury assessment progressed to a major multiple break needing a 5 hour specialist operation !!!! The staff are pleasant but so many different people giving conflicting information and advice ,with poor pain management response left me terrible avoidable pain. on a number of times. I was very, very disappointed with the level of care the overworked ward staff were able to provide

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus has not yet replied.

vera hrim gave Ophthalmology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Almost perfect doctor found at Queens medical Centre

I was 25 mins early for my appointment due to the 2 buses I had to catch. ( Iam sorry but this is far too small for me to see properly so forgive any spelling mistakes). I was taken into the first eye check 2mins after aIrrived and saw my Consultant in the eye outpatients dept at QMC almost immediately.
He treated me as a private patient. With the utmost respect and wth dignity. I am a 57 year old female and felt extremely safe in his capable hands. He thoroughly checked my eyes for glaucoma and informed me i may have skin cancer in my left bottom eyelid. I did not feel in the least afraid. He explained that even it was cancer, it was very slow growing and localised. I think the only worry I have is that I won't see the genuine doctor the next time I come for a check up in one month's time.

Please give my sincere thanks to this superior eye doctor,, who obviously loves what he does for a living and knows exactly how to treat his fellow human beings. He is one of the rare doctors who can actually put himself in his patients shoes.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 14 October 2014

Vera. Thank you for taking the time to write to us to share your experience in our care. We are pleased to hear that you felt safe, comfortable and reassured under the care of your doctor. It is always nice to hear when we get things right, as well as where we could make improvements. We wish you well with your continued treatment. If you would like to email nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk with the name of your consultant we will share your kind words with him directly so that he gets the recognition he deserves.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

1st visit I was very pleased with it

Was very please with everything after a 2 hour journey from my home hope all my other visits will be the same thank you

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 14 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 15 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you left our care happy and satisfied and that you had a safe journey home!

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Terrible experience

I went to the a&e department this morning with a rash on my leg, I was told it could potentially be meningitis so I gave a blood sample. 5 hours later and after asking many members of staff to find my results (I even found the doctor and asked him, he said he'd check but never came back to me) I was then told that the labs had lost my blood sample. Not impressed with the standard of care at all.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 18 October 2014

Anonymous reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone Service.

I have never visited the hospital but do you never answer your phone been on hold so long you have cut me off three times , and thats just switchboard .

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 September 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 20 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are sorry to hear that you have had difficulties with contacting our hospital via the switchboard. We hope these issues have now been resolved, and we will pass your comments on to our colleagues in the telephony team. If you have any further difficulties, please email us at nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk and we will try to assist you in any way we can.

Anonymous gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 3 stars

food

the food is appalling over cooked tasteless inedible it is the worst food ive ever tried to eat
so im having to have it brought in .

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt as unhappy as you did with the food you were served in our hospital. Mealtimes are an important part of good patient care, and we would appreciate any suggestions you might have as to how to improve our catering, as well as information about any particular meals you did not enjoy. Please get in touch with me by email to nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk or by telephone 0115 924 9924 ext 62001 if you would like to discuss this further, and I will pass your comments on to John Hughes, our Catering Manager.

Jonathan gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

No consideration of time.

My first appointment went fairly well, although I had to wait 45 minutes to get in to see the Doctor. The Doctor asked me to rebook for 3 weeks time, however nothing was available for 5 weeks.

Upon my second appointment I arrived to find out my appointment had been reschedules with no contact being made to let me know.

My third appointment ended with me getting some medication from the Pharmacy. After a 35 minute wait I was informed my medicine was not in stock and that it would be delivered to my house.

I received a phone call to arrange a date to be home to sign for my meds with them being a steroid. I booked a day off annual leave to be at home to take collection of my meds. No one arrived. When I rang the Pharmacy the postage of my medication had been missed and no one had called to tell me.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

So grateful gave Occupational therapy services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Fracture Clinic, Occupational Health Therapy, The Circle

I severed all the tendons in my right index finger. I spent just 2 1/2 hours in A&E and in that time I saw three nurses, one doctor and had an x-ray. Everyone was polite, knowledgable and caring. All consequences of my injury and options were explained to me clearly. Everywhere was spotless. I then went to the fracture clinic where I saw two doctors and a professor. My apt was on time and everyone again were very kind and explained my up coming procedures succinctly and caringly. I felt very much in good hands. My surgery was in the circle treatment centre which is amazing! So light and clean and modern. The nurses there were awesome. I was really nervous and they did everything to keep me calm and distracted. I felt incredibly looked after. The surgery went very well and everything is healing perfectly. Post surgery I have weekly appointments with the lovely nurses at Occupational Health. They are taking great care of me and I am making great progress with my rehabilitation thanks to their diligence, care and attention. This is the first time I have ever been to hospital to receive any treatment and I have been so impressed with the resources available to me and the care I have received from all of the staff. All the procedures I have received have been successful and I'm steadily on the mend. And none of this cost me a penny. Thank you so much to the QMC

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 01 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience of QMC and the Nottingham Treatment Centre (which is managed by our partners at Circle). We are pleased to hear that you felt every aspect of your care, from the Emergency Department through your surgery and treatment, to your occupational therapy appointments, was the best it could be.

It’s always good to hear when we get things right, as well as when we can do better. We wish you well in your continued recovery, and we will share your kind words and praise with all our colleagues who treated you along the way at each stage of your care.

Laura gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 4 stars

As always - good service!

My daughter is having her alveolar bone graft op next week. We came in today for the pre-op assessment. We live in Sheffield and although it's stressful to negotiate getting to appointments on time, the cleft team have always have accommodating and have been nothing but kind to us.
They are super efficient! And they've managed to arrange my daughters op in school holiday time which is a big relief.
Thank you.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 19 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share details of your daughter’s positive experience in our care. It’s pleasing to hear that you experienced such kindness and efficiency from our colleagues. We will share your appreciation of their hard work with the team.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members and it only takes a few minutes. The Head and Neck category is most relevant to your comments and you can nominate via our website at http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028.

Anonymous reviewed Ophthalmology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

A Comedy Show

My friend is writing on my behalf due to my partial sight, I saw the consultant last on 28th Aug. 2014 and during my appointment he was friendly, a laugh and a joke.

After I had my test done and when he called me back in the consultation room and tested my eyes and I asked him " do you know what is causing my vision to be blurred and whats affecting my fields" he sat there quitely and after he finished writing my report I told him in the past I suffered from glaucoma.

He said you do not have glaucoma, I dont know what is going on I have not seen the report which made me laugh, when I asked him other things about my vision he said ok, ok thankyou thankyou, very nice ok thankyou I have referred you for a goldmanns test see you in 3 months. He was pretty rude during second half of my consultation I don't know what was going on in his head.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Thank you to you and your friend for taking the time to write and share your experience. We are glad to hear that you felt at ease with the consultant you saw at first, and we are sorry that you found his manner later to be rude. Please be assured that such behaviour is not in keeping with our values. If you would like to tell us more about your appointment please get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0800 183 02 04.