Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone: 0115 924 9924
Address: Derby Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Very Happy - bye bye wisdom tooth.

Had my wisdom tooth removed today, was nervous as only ever had a filling before. The tea were so lovely, right from reception to xray and all the staff in the dentist room, recovery etc. Totally put at ease, friendly conversation and they made me laugh which helped alot. Super staff.. really made me feel valued and interested in conversation. No nerves when it happened and the whole process was over in around 30 mins (from arriving, xray etc.) very pleased as there were a few others there too.

Fingers crossed no more infections and although they were lovely i hope to have to more problems to come back.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 07 February 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 09 February 2015

Thanks for getting in touch. Your feedback reminds us all that it is not just medical care but personal touches that really make a difference to our patients. We are so pleased that you felt so at ease and although you were happy with your care we too will cross our fingers for you (in the nicest possible way) that you will not to have cause to return!

Sandra gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Childrens burns and plastics unit QMC

My 9month old was scalded with a cup of tea and received a burn on his wrist. We were referred to this specialist unit by Lincoln County Hospital on 12th February.
The reception lady was wonderful and immediately made us feel welcome. After a short time waiting we saw the nurse who was absolutely brilliant with out son. She clearly explained the paperwork and what to expect. The Doctor examined our son and asked the nurse to dress the wound accordingly.
The unit/ward was a very calming, inviting and extremely well equipped for children. Outstanding care received.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 15 February 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 16 February 2015

Thanks for sharing your story. We’re pleased to hear you were happy with your son’s care and were made to feel welcome and at ease by our staff. Communication is such an important element of good care and is an area we are focusing on to ensure we consistently get this right in response to feedback. It’s good to let staff know when we do get it right so that they can hear themselves the positive impact it has on the experience of our patients and their families. We’ll pass on your lovely feedback to colleagues in our Nottingham Children’s Hospital. We hope your son is recovering well after his treatment.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

impressed AMU

I was referred to the acute medical unit, clinic 1 yesterday early eve by my Dr. I fully expected to be kept over night so packed a bag. I was so impressed by the treatment when I got there. I saw lots of different people doing different jobs but I knew what was going to happen next due to a very useful board in the waiting room that told me the stages I would go through. I was there for about four hours, but that was mostly seeing different nurses or doctors. In the end I was able to go home too which was good news for me.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 18 February 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 23 February 2015

Thanks for your feedback. It’s good to hear that you were pleased with your care and treatment in our Acute Medicine Receiving Unit at QMC. This can be a busy unit, as emergency GP admissions are referred to this unit, and as such it is even more pleasing that you had timely care and felt well-informed during your treatment.
We hope you are recovering well now you are back at home. We will pass on your comments to our team on AMRU, who I know will be most grateful that you have taken the time to get in touch.

Anonymous gave Head and neck cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

brain tumour removed

My mum is in this hospital at the moment for the second time! She has had a brain tumour removed by a surgeon and his team! My mum absolutly trusts this surgeon 100 percent and so do we! What an amazing man he is nothing is to much trouble he has took time out of his busy day to talk to me and my family and explain a few things without an appointment! Thank you, we have my mum for longer! Love the family x
ps i think he should have a pay rise lol

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 21 February 2015

Thanks for taking time to share this lovely feedback. We hope your mum is recovering well following her recent surgery. This is just the sort of trust we want all of our staff to inspire in their patients, their families and carers. It would be great if you could get in touch with us to let us know the name of the surgeon who operated on your mum so that we can make sure they receive your feedback personally. You can send this to me at sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk or call 0115 9249924 x67184.

Aidan gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

massive thank you to all the staff that cared for mr

I was brought in after a brain seizure at work.I was treated from the first minute to politeness and respect.All the staff must have realised that I was bewildered to be there considering that in reality I was last at work, in my mind.

Massive respect and thanks also to the ambulance staff who cared for me getting to QMC.

I have had needs to use these services several times in the last 5 years and in all circumstances the medical staff have been outstanding particularly the nursing staff.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 27 February 2015

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback with us – it must have been a frightening experience for you. It’s pleasing to hear you were treated with politeness and respect by our team. These are the standards we all aspire to, and it’s good to hear when we get things right. We’d like to pass on your comments to the team concerned. Please do let us know which ward you were admitted to (if this was the case) and we will let our colleagues in the Emergency Department know that you were pleased with your care. You can email us at sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk or call us on 0115 9249924 ext. 67184 if this is easier. We like to feedback to teams directly when we receive feedback (good and otherwise). We hope you are now recovering well.

Helen gave Head and neck cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 4 stars

Appointment at Oral and Maxillofacial unit

Just need to let you know having traveled up to Nottingham from Wales to accompany my daughter to an appointment we waited an hour but the staff were very pleasant and apologised for the delays and this was no problem.
We saw a lovely Doctor and my daughter was relieved with her prognosis and we were well informed as to the treatment needed,the nurse working with the Doctor was extremely kind and pleasant and explained to us that we then needed to go to the main Maxillofacial reception to book an appointment for her treatment,she advised us that we could discuss the date with the receptionist on duty.
So all was lovely till then.The kind nurse showed us to the reception and then my Daughter handed in her paper and said she would like to make an appointment we were both very shocked at the very dismissing manner of the staff member we came across who took the paper and said thank you in a very dismissing way as though we had upset them by being there,my daughter then said that the Doctor had said we could arrange an appointment with them, they nastily replied in hospital jargon that the date we needed to be dealt with was June,I cannot put into words how horrid their attitude was but thought I should bring it to your attention as they should not be employed to do this job if they treat everyone like this, it was beyond excuse of a bad day .Sorry to bring this to your attention but it stood out as the rest of the team we met were very nice.
Regards
Helen Atkins
The time was around 2pm on Tuesday 24th Febuary

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 26 February 2015

Dear Ms Atkins
Thank you for the online feedback regarding your recent experience in our department. I am glad that for the most part your experience of our department was very good.
However, I apologise for the way you were treated by our reception staff. It is disappointing the values and behaviours of the staff you spoke to fell short of what we expect at our hospitals. I will be replaying your experience to all of the reception staff so that they can reflect on the concerns you have raised. We do have some time out days with the reception staff coming up where we will use your concern as a reminder of how poor behaviour can impact on the experience of our patients. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Should you wish to discuss this further you can contact me by email, Hannah.docherty@nuh.nhs.uk or by telephone, 0115 9249924 ext. 66459.

Hannah Docherty, Matron, Head and Neck dept.

Pamela foster gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Referred by my gp for a MRI scan

I was revered by my gp to have a MRI scan, due to a recent fall I had. From the moment I got there at 6pm to the moment I left at 10pm I was dealt with with very quickly from been screened to see a doctor to a MRI scan and the results.
I would not hesitate to go there again , should I need medic attention again
Thankyou..

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 26 February 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at QMC. It sounds like you had speedy treatment, which is good hear. We will be sure to share your kind words with staff in our Emergency Department team who will be happy to read your comments. We hope you are recovering from your fall and, although we hope you don’t need medical attention again any time soon, it’s great to know that, if you do, you’d feel confident in our care.

Steve Locke gave Neurosurgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Subarachnoid haemorrhage Patient

I spent 3 wweks in January in ITU ward 11D and 10 D. Under the wonderfull care of
a great Consultant. He keept my wife informed as to my progress and even rang me when i had been didcharged to check on my progress. All the nursing staff were brilliant and conciderate and looked after me very well. I owe my life to this team and they are all a great credit to the Hospital. Thanks, because of your and your teams skill I can write this report thanks.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 February 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 4 stars

Very pleased

I never usually leave reviews, but after reading lots of negative ones I thought I'd offer my opinion.

I was very pleased with my first and second visit to the orthodontic department. For my first appointment I was late because of the bad weather and despite turning up 15 minutes late, I was seen by my consultant 10 minutes later. This was the start of my pre-treatment as I will need to have surgery at some point in the future.

On my second visit I was seen on time and all of the staff are incredibly friendly and nice; especially the consultant's assistants and x-rayer.

I now will not be visiting again until around May but wanted to offer my opinion for people who are skeptical about the department and to voice by opinion that I was very impressed.

What I will say is that after my first visit, I had to return and the next appointment time was either the week after or it would have been June! So, if you are expecting any type of surgery/treatment then you need to have patience when it comes to appointments etc.

The Medilink bus is also an incredible service for everyone to use and is extremely helpful!

Overall, very pleased with the department!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 February 2015

How lovely to read your comments. It sounds like the staff have been looking after you very well and are upholding the NHS (and NUH) values. Your feedback will be passed around to the team so they can delight in your kind words. Thanks also for your feedback on our free Medilink bus service – which is incredibly popular with patients, visitors and staff and helps reduce the number of cars coming to QMC and City. You can visit our website at www.nuh.nhs.uk for more details about the Medilink service.

Accident and Emergency

A few weeks ago I ended up having to go to A&E as I had cut my wrist
I suffer from PTSD and hate it when I get so bad that I need hospital care. It was the middle of the night and I prepared myself for the walk of shame - why would they treat me well when I had hurt myself?
I was so upset, unsettled and frightened but needn't have worried. A nurse put me at ease and treated me with respect. I was stitched up and sorted quickly
I would like to say thank you - it meant a lot

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 13 February 2015

We appreciate that coming into hospital (especially our Emergency Department) can be daunting for many and therefore it is good to hear that our staff put you at ease and treated you with the respect you deserve. It sounds like the nurse who treated you is a shining example of the values and behaviours we expect of our staff. We will pass on your kind words to our Emergency Department team to let them know the difference they make.