Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone: 0115 924 9924
Address: Derby Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

nicola taylor gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

accident and emergency department

On 5th January 2015 I was taken to a and e at Q M C . There was up to forty patients on trolleys in the department , all the bays full. I was having treatment in front of patients and left in a corridor for an hour after a chest X ray. I was told as I had a suspected heat attack I needed anotherblood test at 10.15 p m . This still had not happened by 11.30 p m . I had to get my husband to phone the lady on reception as we could not get anyone to talk to us.H e was told that I would now be checked on . I did get an appolgy from the doctor. But if the only way to get a response by using a mobile phone to get some info instead of face to face . It was shocking service.when I was discharged I asked where can I get dressed I was told by the doctor I would have to go to the public toilet down the corridor to get dressed,

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 06 January 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 15 January 2015

Thank you for taking your time to write and share your experience of our Emergency Department (ED). As you may be aware, emergency services nationally were under extreme pressure during the first week of January due to higher than expected admissions, and a higher than usual number of emergency patients are remaining in hospital for longer over the Christmas and New Year period. This was true of our Trust as it was of many others across the country. We apologise that your experience of ED during this time was not what it should have been, and that the exceptional pressures on emergency services may have caused you to feel you were not given the communication or service that you should have received.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and staff

Following referall by NHS 111, I attended A&E at QMC. The streaming nurse saw me within minutes. I then waited an acceptable length of time, was seen by a knowledgeable, friendly and approachable Nurse Practitioner, sent for x-rays, re-seen by the same Nurse Practitioner and asked to return the next day for Fracture Clinic. I was in and out within about an hour - very good for a non-life-threatening issue.

Overall, my experience could not have been improved.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 11 January 2015

Thank you for your kind words about the service you have received in our Emergency Department (ED) and that you had a good experience and were seen quickly. We appreciate your great feedback, particularly at a time when emergency services across the country have been under exceptional pressure, and we will share it with the ED team.

Robin H gave Neurology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Nuerophisiology Brain.Wave Scan

What I liked

I was sent by my consultant for EEG as I am getting sharp head pains and blackouts due to have MRI very soon.

When I arrived for my EEG at Nuerophisiology reception the receptionist was very attentive, and professional and told me I would be seen very shortly by a consultant so I took a seat and was seen in less than 6-7 minutes, the reception was airy, comfortable and well lit.

My consultant was very friendly, kind and dedicated about my condition and acted very professional at all times.

During my examination I did blackout a few or several times but the consultant was there to support me throughout, we had a good conversation and talked about my condition and how it affects me.

She wrote all the reports and examination of my test down and has sent the results to be reviewed by the head Nuerosurgon at the hospital I am being investigated by this is a very bad experience into why I have this condition but with the support I get I feel in very safe hands, anyone who experiences what I have should be seen where I had my EEG and by Nuerology.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 09 January 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience of your condition, and of our outpatient neurophysiology services. We are very glad to read about how the manner of the consultant, and the support you received from them, has helped you to feel in safe hands, and we appreciate your comments which may help to reassure others with similar experiences to your own. We will share your kind words with the neurophysiology team, we are sure they will be glad to hear from you.

Anonymous gave Occupational health services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

pharymacy very poor service

40 mins wait at the pharymacy yesterday 14-01-2015 waste of time and poor service

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 15 January 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Visit to ED 15.01.2015

I am aware of how hard all our overworked staff work and we are grateful but I have to admit that visits to ED with my 90 year old mother are always so long and traumatic. From being told that she needed an ECG and a blood test to test digoxin levels, we were launched onto the ED merrygoround and it was a full 16 hours before she had access to a bed in the QMC. So long and drawn out. We had no sleep for a full 24 hours. The department was unusually quiet yet the waits remained as brutal as ever. So terribly traumatic for a woman of 90. There surely must be a better way to care for patients such as this. We were forced by circumstances to attend ED, it was not our choice to do so. As a family we care for her at home but the support to help her remain there is woefully inadequate. It is not surprising that ED gets overwhelmed.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 17 January 2015

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Very long wait in antenatal clinic

16/01/15

My appointment with Dr was at 10.20am
Nurses didn't see me until 11am for routine blood pressure and urine tests.
The Dr eventually saw me at 12.30.

I don't understand such delays in seeing patients who have appointments.
I appreciate that such departments are busy but, such a long wait for a fairly early appointment is very frustrating and gives a poor impression of the department's performance.

However, once seen by clinical staff I was treated very well.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 17 January 2015

Logan Mantle gave Ophthalmology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Extremely high quality service, a great asset to the country

I have had two operations on my eye at QMC now and both times the staff were great.

My first was in 2011 on a detached retina, throughout all of the consultations the consultant made me feel very confident that the outcome would be good after being told at another hospital that I would not regain any of my vision, which is quite a shock at 18. I have now regained all of my vision back to the level of before the detachment. The opticians I now use have also said that the consultant has done an amazing job.

My second operation was a minor operation, again throughout the consultant made me feel very relaxed and his professionalism gives you confidence that your are going to receive great care. The day after the operation I was back at work and was completely back to normal.

All of the staff that support the consultants throughout the process are extremely professional and make you feel at ease in a very nervous situation.

If I ever have any more problems with my eyes, which I hope I don't, I would ensure that I was referred to QMC.

Thank you to all the staff!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 18 January 2015

Johnny gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Admissions Unit B3 Is A Disgrace

The experience I had in this unit was appalling, some of the staff were great but some were rude and ignorant . The care was appalling and the ward was about as clean as a pig sty. The toilets were foul there was blood on the floor next to my bed and excrement on a curtain around it. I will be taking this further so I hope someone actually read these reviews. Shameful utterly shameful..!!!!!!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 18 January 2015

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Every time i need an appointment it takes months to get it. after waiting...

Every time i need an appointment it takes months to get it.
after waiting months, I go to my appointment, took me 40m to park
I waited for nearly 1 hour and after the nurse says that my doctor was not there and I could see another doctor, (not good as only that doctor can decide about my situation)
they rearrange for after 1 month, the earliest they can do.

1 month after, I go to the appointment. It took me 1.20m to park, this really absurd. I get there and give my details to the receptionist, who tells me that there is at least 1 hour delay. I sit down not happy but used to that.
Just 1 hour after, a different nurse gets out and tell us that our doctor is not there and we have another hour waiting but we can see another doctor. After complaining and asked to be referred to a different hospital they suddenly they say that I can see a different doctor immediately so I go inside and the same doctor that last time saw me and it supposed was rearranging to see my specialist. The doctor tells me the same that they cant do anything and I need to see my own doctor.
The nurse says that I should had said that it was for that doctor when I made the appointment, that was out of order as it was their mistake to waste my time that many times and for that many hours.

The car park situation is a joke, trying to get into the hospitals car pak is impossible and the queueing time is unacceptable

The service offering is horrible and im asking to be referred to a different hospital.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 08 December 2014

char mc gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Admitted through A and E

On Friday Dec 4th 2014 I went to a and e after being in terrible pain and 2 doctors vists with no joy. The care I received was fast and excellent!! Special praise for a nurse practitioner in a and e. She was wonderful, caring, made me feel calm and explored every avenue and involved me completely! She is a credit to the team. I was then sent up to ward c32 gyno. Again the care up there was fantastic. The nurses are brilliant, kind and couldn't do enough! I felt the night staff wasn't as happy as the day staff but maybe they were tired. ... The ward actually moved during my four day stay to a ground floor new gyno ward. This looked fab and had a great feel but I felt it not quite ready as it was a bit chaos as to be expected but alot of the women felt extremely cold. Temp was definitely cool compared to upstairs. I ended up having a laproscopy on Sunday. The gyno surgeon was again fantastic but I did wait 6 and a half hours after the lap to find out what was wrong. But when he came to me he couldn't of been nicer and was happy and interested to answer my questions. My whole experience has made me never fear hospital again. You are in the best hands and care and all these people doing this work should be very proud everyday of what they deliver and acheive. Its made me want to go and do something amazing like they do!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 10 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 17 December 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is great to hear of your experiences of good care in the Emergency Department and on ward C32. We are glad you liked the new ward, although we are sorry to hear it was a little cold at first. We are aware of the heating issues on our new unit and are working hard to rectify so that patients’ stay can be as comfortable as possible. In the mean time, we are using temporary heaters. We will pass your kind words on to the surgeon and his colleagues in gynaecology.