Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone: 0115 924 9924
Address: Derby Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

standard of treatment and openess of procedures

Having been admitted to A&E after a heavy fall ,the initial x ray and assessment was a dislocated shoulder and minor fracture that needed just popping back in and a sling.. Several hours later my injury assessment progressed to a major multiple break needing a 5 hour specialist operation !!!! The staff are pleasant but so many different people giving conflicting information and advice ,with poor pain management response left me terrible avoidable pain. on a number of times. I was very, very disappointed with the level of care the overworked ward staff were able to provide

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus has not yet replied.

vera hrim gave Ophthalmology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Almost perfect doctor found at Queens medical Centre

I was 25 mins early for my appointment due to the 2 buses I had to catch. ( Iam sorry but this is far too small for me to see properly so forgive any spelling mistakes). I was taken into the first eye check 2mins after aIrrived and saw my Consultant in the eye outpatients dept at QMC almost immediately.
He treated me as a private patient. With the utmost respect and wth dignity. I am a 57 year old female and felt extremely safe in his capable hands. He thoroughly checked my eyes for glaucoma and informed me i may have skin cancer in my left bottom eyelid. I did not feel in the least afraid. He explained that even it was cancer, it was very slow growing and localised. I think the only worry I have is that I won't see the genuine doctor the next time I come for a check up in one month's time.

Please give my sincere thanks to this superior eye doctor,, who obviously loves what he does for a living and knows exactly how to treat his fellow human beings. He is one of the rare doctors who can actually put himself in his patients shoes.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 14 October 2014

Vera. Thank you for taking the time to write to us to share your experience in our care. We are pleased to hear that you felt safe, comfortable and reassured under the care of your doctor. It is always nice to hear when we get things right, as well as where we could make improvements. We wish you well with your continued treatment. If you would like to email nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk with the name of your consultant we will share your kind words with him directly so that he gets the recognition he deserves.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

1st visit I was very pleased with it

Was very please with everything after a 2 hour journey from my home hope all my other visits will be the same thank you

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 14 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 15 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you left our care happy and satisfied and that you had a safe journey home!

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

Terrible experience

I went to the a&e department this morning with a rash on my leg, I was told it could potentially be meningitis so I gave a blood sample. 5 hours later and after asking many members of staff to find my results (I even found the doctor and asked him, he said he'd check but never came back to me) I was then told that the labs had lost my blood sample. Not impressed with the standard of care at all.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 18 October 2014

pp Celia gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 4 stars

Treatment on Queens Day Case Unit -E Floor-South Block

I am writing this on behalf of my friend who attended the above unit on Friday 24th October whilst waiting for spinal injections. She wanted me to express her gratitude to all the staff, both on the unit and in the theatre, for their kindness. The atmosphere on the unit was calm and friendly but everything ran very efficiently. This all helped to make a rather daunting experience much less so. Thanks again!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 28 October 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 31 October 2014

Thank you for writing in to share your friend’s recent experience in our care. It is pleasing to hear that the calm atmosphere and friendly and efficient staff helped your friend feel more at ease about a procedure she understandably found daunting. We will pass on your kind words to our colleagues on the Unit.

Kerry wilson gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Maxi facial

Just like to say a big thank you to the Dr. and team, and all the nurses on ward ec25. I was so nervous having to have oral surgery but the Dr. put me at ease, they and the team were wonderful. After my operation all the nurses was kind and nothing was to much trouble. I wanted to express my gratitude to all of you
and anyone who will be having oral surgery at queens your in the best of hands from start to finish.

Mrs Wilson

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 30 October 2014

Dear Mrs Wilson. Very many thanks for your glowing feedback. We are sure other patients will feel reassured reading your comments, especially if they are anxious about coming into hospital for this particular surgery. We are very glad to hear the team on Ward C25 at QMC made you feel cared for and safe. We will pass on your thanks to the team on C25 and our maxillofacial surgery colleagues.

Mr A S Panesar gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Sprained foot treatment 29.10.14

I thought I had sustained a broken bone in the foot as a result of a running injury yesterday. I was 'processed ' within 2 hours.

Very well looked after and I felt very bad because it turned out to be a sprained foot. This could have been treated by the GP. As I am self employed I wanted to be sure I could carry on working today or make arrangements other wise.

I am really sorry if I wasted your time but I was feeling quite bad at teatime and did not want to come to a&e in the middle of the night. I did not feel that it could wait for the 8.50 appointment with the GP which was an option offered.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 31 October 2014

Anonymous reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Telephone Service.

I have never visited the hospital but do you never answer your phone been on hold so long you have cut me off three times , and thats just switchboard .

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 September 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 20 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are sorry to hear that you have had difficulties with contacting our hospital via the switchboard. We hope these issues have now been resolved, and we will pass your comments on to our colleagues in the telephony team. If you have any further difficulties, please email us at nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk and we will try to assist you in any way we can.

Anonymous gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 3 stars

food

the food is appalling over cooked tasteless inedible it is the worst food ive ever tried to eat
so im having to have it brought in .

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt as unhappy as you did with the food you were served in our hospital. Mealtimes are an important part of good patient care, and we would appreciate any suggestions you might have as to how to improve our catering, as well as information about any particular meals you did not enjoy. Please get in touch with me by email to nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk or by telephone 0115 924 9924 ext 62001 if you would like to discuss this further, and I will pass your comments on to John Hughes, our Catering Manager.

Jonathan gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 1 stars

No consideration of time.

My first appointment went fairly well, although I had to wait 45 minutes to get in to see the Doctor. The Doctor asked me to rebook for 3 weeks time, however nothing was available for 5 weeks.

Upon my second appointment I arrived to find out my appointment had been reschedules with no contact being made to let me know.

My third appointment ended with me getting some medication from the Pharmacy. After a 35 minute wait I was informed my medicine was not in stock and that it would be delivered to my house.

I received a phone call to arrange a date to be home to sign for my meds with them being a steroid. I booked a day off annual leave to be at home to take collection of my meds. No one arrived. When I rang the Pharmacy the postage of my medication had been missed and no one had called to tell me.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014