BMI Woodlands Hospital

01325 341700 Morton Park , Darlington, Durham, DL1 4PL

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed!

I was at the hospital for an investigation as part of NHS Choose and Book. Very short waiting time to the consultation, procedure and follow up (to come). Excellent service by all staff seen (from catering to the consultant). Very clean and a calm, pleasant atmosphere due to, I'd suggest, not trying to 'cram' people in. I was also called the day before to update me on the time to arrive meaning that whilst I had a wait, it was in my opinion reasonable (1 - 1 1/2 hrs). In addition, post procedure there was no sense of wanting you out or just being 'a number'.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Anonymous gave General Surgery at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Vasectomy reversal

My partner had a vasectomy reversal and the care leading up to the operation was fine and no complaints about op , it was the so called care after.

I had sat from 7.30am till 4pm without even an offer of a drink and when asked all they did was bring an extra cup with my partners tea ! So we both had half a pot of tea , considering we were in a private hospital paying thousands for the op i thought this was a bit mean.

When discharged we were told nothing on his aftercare and had two nurses telling us contradicting things which was very confusing, he was given one pair of support underwear which he has to keep on for 2 weeks with one nurse telling us to bin them before we left. He was told he could go in the bath the day after his op , he rang today to double check and was told not to bath for two weeks.

I expected more from a private hospital which was costing us thousands.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 23 April 2017

D M Russell gave General Surgery at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement surgery.

Hip replacement surgery nervous of having the procedure done. But once in the hospital the staff were exceptional, talked procedure through with myself throughly.
Nursing staff exceptional. Nothing was too much for them to do, even the smallest thing.
This hospital is excellent in every way.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Janice Caton gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A most caring hospital

Having spent three days at the BMI Woodlands Hospital Darlington, for a total knee replacement operation, I am very impressed with the whole set-up at Woodlands.

The entire staff, from surgeon to cleaner were friendly and assiduously polite and helpful, always a smile.

I feel very privileged to have had my operation carried out in such a caring hospital.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital

Faultless Care

Attended BMI Woodlands for my second knee surgery on 07/02/2016. The staff are amazing; from the surgeons and nurses, physiotherapists and receptionists, cleaners and matrons; nothing is too much trouble.
All of the staff made sure I felt very welcome and comfortable on both occasions. The staff are very attentive, especially in relation to pain management and ensuring I was safe when getting back on to my feet. They offer very supportive and dignified care - making recovery so much less stressful.
The facilities are spotlessly clean, the beds are comfortable, and the food is lovely. Visitors are also made to feel very welcome.
I cannot fault this hospital at all, would definitely recommend!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

BMI Woodlands Hospital has not yet replied.

christine ainscough gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

How can you improve on perfection

I am currently in this hospital after Knee replacement. the quality of care I am receiving has surpassed my expectations totally. The staff are fantastic the place is spotless. I am so glas I chose this hospital. It's brilliant!!!!!!.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 January 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total Hip Replacement

I went into the Woodlands for a Total Hip Replacement, at the age of 59 and never been in hospital before I was understandably apprehensive! However I need not have worried, the treatment and care delivered was excellent, the whole team from the surgeon, theatre staff, nurses, physiotherapists and ancillary staff were pleasant, friendly and caring.The meals were very good. The only concerns I would like to express are; first day after operation I was given a bowl to wash and told to ring the bell if I needed a hand, I wasn't really sure how much I was expected to do and struggled to put my pyjamas on and felt like I shouldn't really ring the bell and bother the busy staff, washing and moving was made more difficult as I still had my cannula, wound drain and catheter in. The other major concern is the height of the toilet and the raised toilet seat were not conjusive to getting on and off and sitting comfortably. The design of the toilet seat raiser leaves a lot to be desired, I am of slim build and the aperture in the seat makes elimination very difficult, perhaps this could be a project for a design team to make an improved product? These are just minor comments and on the whole I was very pleased with the whole experience. Thankyou !

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017

geri gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Unsurpassable excellence of care!!!!!!!!!!!

Four day stay for total hip replacement from 20th November.each and every member of staff from admission nurses to discharge nurse, showed total empathy,kindness explaining everything in great detail.I can honestly say that everybody, whatever their 'ranking' gave me total respect. There are too many of you to name personally, would be unfair if I missed someone out, but rest assured each and everyone of you were fab! Fab!fab' would have no qualms about further surgery! Have to give very special thanks to the surgeon you have changed my life. I was resigned to a life of constant pain and disability - can't wait t attack my garden! Many ,many thanks to you all- definitely 5stars.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 26 November 2016

Michael Joyce gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care

Can't fault anything, I have had two operations this year there on the NHS. Staff and Doctors were fabulous and helpful, I thank you. They do deserve an award for the professionalism. Thank you again for making my stay so much better than expected. Must admit could have stayed longer as the food is great too.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 September 2016

Michael gave Urology at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Do not give them your credit card details

I had exceptional care from the consultants. However I received a letter to say I had to pay near £600 as my insurer had refused to pay. I sorted it and the insurer paid. They could have done that and alone that was stressfull. But they still debited my card without telling me before or after. I found out due to the size of the bill etc. So I rang them and after some hassle they refunded the card. So sat with £600 credit on a debit card. Then they wrote to me again some weeks later to say they were charging me again???? They do not care about the stress they cause you. They do not tell you when debiting your card. They do not apologise or offer an explination. Their systems are obviously flawed in their favour. Do not trust them. I have cancelled all outstanding and will go elsewhere and still no word from them. The worst customer service I have ever received. Some nice words on their website and complaints procedure. All a front...

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 12 November 2016