Check here for alerts

BMI Woodlands Hospital

01325 341700 Morton Park , Darlington, Durham, DL1 4PL

geri gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Unsurpassable excellence of care!!!!!!!!!!!

Four day stay for total hip replacement from 20th November.each and every member of staff from admission nurses to discharge nurse, showed total empathy,kindness explaining everything in great detail.I can honestly say that everybody, whatever their 'ranking' gave me total respect. There are too many of you to name personally, would be unfair if I missed someone out, but rest assured each and everyone of you were fab! Fab!fab' would have no qualms about further surgery! Have to give very special thanks to the surgeon you have changed my life. I was resigned to a life of constant pain and disability - can't wait t attack my garden! Many ,many thanks to you all- definitely 5stars.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 26 November 2016

Michael Joyce gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care

Can't fault anything, I have had two operations this year there on the NHS. Staff and Doctors were fabulous and helpful, I thank you. They do deserve an award for the professionalism. Thank you again for making my stay so much better than expected. Must admit could have stayed longer as the food is great too.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 September 2016

Michael gave Urology at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Do not give them your credit card details

I had exceptional care from the consultants. However I received a letter to say I had to pay near £600 as my insurer had refused to pay. I sorted it and the insurer paid. They could have done that and alone that was stressfull. But they still debited my card without telling me before or after. I found out due to the size of the bill etc. So I rang them and after some hassle they refunded the card. So sat with £600 credit on a debit card. Then they wrote to me again some weeks later to say they were charging me again???? They do not care about the stress they cause you. They do not tell you when debiting your card. They do not apologise or offer an explination. Their systems are obviously flawed in their favour. Do not trust them. I have cancelled all outstanding and will go elsewhere and still no word from them. The worst customer service I have ever received. Some nice words on their website and complaints procedure. All a front...

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 12 November 2016

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Can't fault anything. Staff were fabulous and helpful thank you for making my stay so much better than expected. Must admit could have stayed longer as i was looked so well. Many thanks!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 25 July 2016

Ehlrids gave Gynaecology at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent example of care

Been today as a day case. Everything faultless. The doctor lovely and reassuring. Food was really nice. Nursing staff were great. Nothing was too much trouble. Whatever you all doing you are doing it right. Highly recommended

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 20 June 2016

Wendy Clements gave Gynaecology at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wendy's review

I have just returned home after spending 3nights at the woodlands.I would highly recommend this hospital. The care and attention I received was exemplary. The food and hygiene was faultless. To consultant, Aneathatist, Doctor on call, All Nursing Staff, &Hostesses are all truly dedicated to their profession!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 23 May 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent hospital treatment and stay

Excellent. My consultant is brilliant. The staff make you feel so at ease. Everyone who was involved with me was excellent. There is nothing they could have done any better.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 05 April 2016

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Consultants fees

Check Consultants Fees as some charge independently of BMI and it is for each visit - so you can find that if you have to return for the same problem unresolved, you receive several invoices for consultation fees even though the problem has not been fully resolved in the first place and works out extremely expensive and you still left with a problem which is extremely expensive, frustrating and upsetting. I would not return to BMI for this reason

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 18 March 2016

Helen Taylor gave Gynaecology at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

fantastic hospital

Just been discharged from Woodlands. And I can't thank all staff enough for the excellent care I received. I was in as a day case but was too ill to leave so stayed overnight. Was made to feel like there was no rush to leave as in some other hospitals I have been in. Was kept informed all throughout my treatment what was happening. And given excellent discharge leaflets. Would highly recommend this hospital.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 December 2015

Steph reviewed Gynaecology at BMI Woodlands Hospital

Never again at this hospital

This was the first time I was to use Woodlands on a NHS choose and book system. I selected Woodlands as it had the shortest waiting list. I made the appointment online with choose and book after selecting an appointment day and time suitable to my needs. I rang Woodlands the week before my appointment day to confirm my appointment as had not received a letter. I spoke to a member of staff who informed me yes I was on the computer, I had the appointment and also who I would see, I turned up for my appointment after the journey from Stockton during rush hour traffic. Upon arrival I was told I was not on the clinic list, upon looking on the computer they could see my appointment but then said there must have been an admin error and that they would have to see if I could be seen but there would be no notes as the staff had gone home. Now firstly what is the point of seeing a consultant who doesn't actually have your notes and why was I told I had an appointment when I didn't. I was extremely annoyed about this and feel sure if I had been a paying customer things would have been different. I was given a number to ring the next day to try to make an appointment. Why should I have to ring when it is was your mistake. No offer of we will call you. I have had to wait until today to get in touch with choose and book and also my own GP practice to tell them about this. I am not impressed with the service at this hospital, would not recommend and now I am having to go through the process of choose and book again when I get a new reference number and start all over again at a choice of different hospitals. Woodlands has wasted my time and by the incompetence has increased my waiting time now at a different hospital. If this is what a private hospital is like you can keep it. Will keep on using NHS hospitals as I always have from now on.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 22 July 2015