BMI Woodlands Hospital

Address: Morton Park Way, Darlington, DL1 4PL
Website: http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/woodlands

Anonymous gave BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day case visit

I had a procedure here as a day case patient. From my initial appointment through to diagnostic scans and my eventual surgery, the care afforded me was outstanding. I have never had a more thorough explanation of my condition and all my choices of treatments and would wholeheartedly recommend this facility. I felt like a private patient being treated on the NHS.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 18 March 2014

BMI Woodlands Hospital replied on 22 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very pleased that you had a positive experience at our hosptial. We will share your comments with the rest of the team.

wendy gave at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

had my gallbladder removed on 24th jan 2014

I stayed in my own room with television wifo and internet access which was excellent to communication. I stayed overnight and my consultant the anaethetit and all the nursing staff were excellent. Cared for me round the cock and ver courteous and friendly. My husband also had his hernia operation here and again everyone was excellent very professional with a very high standard of care

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 25 January 2014

BMI Woodlands Hospital replied on 12 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was comfortable.

Anonymous gave at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very poor experience!

I arranged for my very elderly mum to see a consultant here privately, just because she was so poorly I didn't feel we could wait for a NHS appointment. The consultant we saw had no knowledge of her medical history - apparently this cannot be passed on by NHS to Woodlands - had I known this I wouldn't have bothered as my mum wasn't able to explain and I didn't know everything.
We agreed that my mum would then have a scan at Darlington Memorial on NHS and the consultant would arrange this with my mum's doctor and it would happen soon. I have since checked and been told that no scan has been arranged as the letter sent by the consultant to the doctor was"unclear". I was also told by the receptionist that I should not have expected to transfer from private to NHS, even though the consultant agreed that was a good way to continue.
I have never used private medicine before; I don't agree with it and this has totally confirmed my previous thoughts. I would have done as well, if not better, to stick with the NHS. I feel that once my mum had paid her money and it was obvious that no more money was going to be forthcoming, all interest in her case was lost!

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 27 December 2013

Paul. gave at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Knee Arthroscopy

Attended as an NHS patient. Very clean wards and professional staff. Operation was swift and went well, post surgery care was good and felt well cared for. Have been to Local NHS hospitals in the past and they are dreadful in comparison.
Knee was fully recovered in 3 months, in fact its better than it was prior to the injury! Very pleased I went here and with my surgeon.

Catering was also very good but trying to park the car is nightmare, be warned - use nearby Morrisons instead.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 02 June 2014

BMI Woodlands Hospital replied on 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that your stay with us was a positive one. We are very happy to hear that you are doing well.

vmac gave at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

good service

the best hospital i have been to

Visited in September 2012. Posted on 23 May 2013

BMI Woodlands Hospital replied on 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we will pass on your kind comments to the team. Patient satisfaction and excellent outcomes are key priorities for BMI Healthcare. We always endeavour to improve wherever we can, and ensure BMI Healthcare remains a leader in patient care and outcomes.

Anonymous did not recommend at BMI Woodlands Hospital

Very disappointing

What I liked

Have been really disappointed with my care at this hospital and would definitely not recommend. Over the course of my treatment have been given a wrong diagnosis, experienced pre-theatre mixed up notes, and very insensitive staff . To top it all, incorrectly billed for treatment I did not have. Much better care elsewhere.

What could have been improved

More importance on the patient not the monetary value

Visited in August 2011. Posted on 21 September 2011

Ivan recommended BMI Woodlands Hospital

I first atteneded BMI Woodlands in December of 2009 for left carpal; tunnel...

What I liked

I first atteneded BMI Woodlands in December of 2009 for left carpal; tunnel release and then again in January 2010 for subchrominal shoulder decpompression and I found the staff very very friendly and helpful for both my stays, they were very direct with what was happening re operations and after care is 100%, I was re admitted to Woodlands in august for as needed part of collar bone removed and had cubital tunnel surgery, again I cannot find fault with this great hospital, I was recently in again this month of October for another carpal tunnel release on right hand. I was reffered to them from my local NHS hospital on all occassions and I would definetly recommend Woodlands each time, such a wonderful surgical team and nursing staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful, I don't like going under G A but the way they re assure you and make you so calm. The consultant I have there is upfront at all times unlike some of the NHS ones, but then again I cannot comment re my consultant at my local NHS hospital as both the doctors are the same, no beating about the bush, always upfront, well mannered and they make you at home. Keep the good work up Woodlands your wonderful.

N/A

Any other comments

N/A

Visited in October 2010. Posted on 10 October 2010

BMI Woodlands Hospital replied on 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we will pass on your kind comments to the team. BMI Healthcare wants to make a stressful time as relaxing as possible, we aim to provide a calm and comfortable environment where you can focus on getting better. We always endeavour to improve wherever we can, and ensure BMI Healthcare remains a leader in patient care and outcomes.

A wonderful warm, friendly and effective service recommended BMI Woodlands Hospital

I originally chose the Woodlands Hospital because of the short waiting time for

What I liked

I originally chose the Woodlands Hospital because of the short waiting time for dealing with the back pain that I was experiencing. I was most impressed by how responsive they were, the warmth and friendliness of the reception, Nursing and Medical staff and how speedily they reacted whenever there was a small snag or problem.

What could have been improved

Things frequently don't got to plan throughout the health system. It's a complex system and patient's needs all feel unique to them. In mY case the Consultant that I was due to see within 10 days of my referral was unable to attend clinic but the wonderful Sister in Outpatients immediately found me a space the next day with a different Consultant who examined and teated me within a week of seeing him. It would be lovely if there were no last minute cancellations but the Hospital's response to delays was first class and very patient centred.

Any other comments

How any organisation responds to a problem, in my case a cancelled appintment, is very revealing about how customer or patient-centerd that organisation is. I found the Woodlands wonderful in this regard. This was characterised by the Hospital's Executive Director, and throughout all the Clinical staff that I encountered in my treatment at the Hospital. I hope that I don't have to have any further treatment for my facet joint but if I do I would recommend the Woodlands.

Visited in May 2009. Posted on 15 May 2009

Lola did not recommend BMI Woodlands Hospital

I have had 2 Operations here so far and i have to go in for another this month.

What I liked

I have had 2 Operations here so far and i have to go in for another this month. Both times i have felt at ease and have had the procedures explained to me fully. Both times my stay has been really good. Although waiting for pain relief the second time was rather annoying, took several hours from my call for them to come back with the pain relief. other than that it is a great hospital to choose. Every aspect of my stay was more than i expected would and have recommended this hospital to many the food is gorgeous too. really pleased with my care, would choose this hospital every time.

What could have been improved

nothing my stays have been exceptional. (apart from the one time with pain relief)

Visited in April 2009. Posted on 07 March 2010