North East London NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 4069 c/o Care UK, King George Hospital, Barley Lane , Ilford, Essex, IG3 8YB

Hayley stinson gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Friendly efficient and caring staff

I wanted to leave this review as a thankyou to all the caring and friendly team who took care of me for the day. It makes what is a anxious time much easier to deal with. I would and have recommended it. Many thanks

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Carol gave Orthopaedics at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Top marks from me

I cannot fault any of the nurses or the consultant.. they were all wonderful and after being home from the operation for a fortnight, I even had a phone call from one of the nurses asking how I was. Great service! Thank you

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Paula gave Orthopaedics at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Pre op visit for knee replacement

Excellent service from all staff. Very thorough explanations and consultants took time to explain my options. Just waiting now for date of operation.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Mark gave Orthopaedics at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement surgery

My operation was on the friday i was greeted by the nurses on kingfisher ward and shown to my bed.

I stayed 2 days and all the day & night nurses looked after me very well and treated me well. The cominication between all staff was good.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre replied on 11 May 2017

Thank you for your comments, which will be passed to the staff involved in your care. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

pre op checks for knee replacement

Have agreed today to have total knee replacement here. All staff friendly and helpful, answering my questions clearly and never rushing me.
Timings were adhered to and all pre op checks completed on site and within a couple of hours.
Was told surgery will be in 2 - 4 weeks and I will be telephoned with suitable dates. So far so good.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 31 May 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Macnan2 gave Orthopaedics at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement - excellent care

I was admitted on a Saturday after referral & a very short waiting time. I had my operation later that morning & returned home the following Monday.
I feel I had excellent care from dedicated staff who were all professional, efficient & caring - including everyone from Consultant, anaesthetist, admissions team, nursing staff & physiology, catering & cleaning staff, healthcare workers, porters & x-ray staff.
I feel I am well on the way to full recovery & look forward to getting back to my normal activities & level of fitness very soon.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 23 April 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre replied on 24 April 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments which will be shared with all the staff. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Julie gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

Not very happy with the consultant that did my colnoscopy

Came in on the 13th of April for 12.30 to have my colnoscopy done, waited till about 3ish for the consultant to speak to me to find out why I had been referred. I explained it was my Dr that had sent me. I have had one in 2013 but the Dr wanted to make sure all was OK. The consultant said I didn't need another one, it was a waste of my time being there. I said I wanted it, they reluctantly said they would do it. I ask to be sedated and they said I will give you gas and air I said I wanted the sedation, eventually I was taken down the nurses put the oxygen tube on my nose and told me how to breath the gas and air in, they also put the canula in my right hand but did not put any sedation in it. I kept asking for it, the consultant started the procedure I was in so much pain I was crying on the bed for them to stop, the consultant told the nurses to keep me still. I feel this is not at all acceptable as I have been in a lot of pain since. I feel people should know what they have to put up with I don't want that to happen to other people being treated like an animal. The consultant did not even apologised to me or didn't even come and see when later on to see how I was, they came to see another patient but could not look at me disgusting.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Ann Mahoney gave Orthopaedics at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Pre Assessment

From the minute I entered the Outpatient Clinic building today, I felt so welcomed every one I saw was very caring and had time for me from the Orthopaedic Consultant, the Anaesthetist, Reception Staff , Nurses, Admin and all the Medical Staff I met on my Pre assessment today. Every thing regarding my Surgery was explained to me by the Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Any worries, concerns or anxieties I had regarding the Anaesthetic I had, I was given time to express them and was reassured so well by the Anaesthetist who totally put my mind at rest. The Nurses who carried out my observations were all very kind and caring, I do not normally write a review but I had to share my very positive experience regarding my visit today. Thank you to all the Staff who looked after me today,

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre replied on 06 March 2017

Thank you for your kind comments which will be shared with the staff.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at North East London NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 2 stars

Kept getting told I wasn't one their patients

I was asked to go to this center for an operation on my nose.
The care there wasn't very good as when I asked the nurses questions they replied a lot of time that "I wasnt one of their patients". Why would I be there having an operation if I wasn't a patient. I can honestly say that I actually got scared as no one took the time to discuss after care etc. I have had to call my surgeon's secretary and ask questions.
Not all the staff was bad and I had two lovely staff members helping me change the dressing and the person that took me down for the OP was nice too.

I think if I was offered to go there again then I would say no and wait for a later date at Queens hospital where previous surgery was carried out and everyone knew what was going on.

No one should feel scared that their not getting answers or care after an operation.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre replied on 20 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, both positive and negative, and we are sorry that your experience at the North East London Treatment was not as positive as you would expect.

We would like to investigate the negative points you have raised and would appreciate it if you could contact Angela Cullimore-Todd, Quality & Governance Manager on 020 8598 4672 so she can look into this matter further for you.

King Fisher Day Ward

Following my latest review at the Pre Operative Assessment Unit I have now had my Orthopaedic knee Surgery on the King Fisher Day unit and again was so impressed by absolutely everything, the care, and the dignity and respect I was given when I was there was beyond outstanding. I was welcomed on the ward by the Nurse who introduced themself and who took my Observations and explained exactly what I needed to know and any questions, worries or concerns I had. I was then visited by the Consultant who was performing my knee surgery who was also very open to any questions , anxieties or concerns i had regarding my surgery before and after they explained every thing i needed to know in a very Professional and excellent manner, I was introduced by the Physiotherapist who was also very understanding and answered any concerns i had following my surgery and was given a sheet of very simple and easy to understand exercises to follow in helping my recovery. The Anaesthetist visited me before my Surgery and also explained thoroughly any anxieties, or concerns i may have before and after my surgery. I was then taken by a very, polite and very kind Porter to Surgery and I was greeted once again by the Anaesthetist and the Operative Staff again reassured me and made me feel so comfortable, and at ease. I was awoken in recovery and looked after by the lovely nurse appointed to take care of me and did that very well to. I was then taken back to the ward by the very nice and friendly Porter who took me to theatre I was made comfortable and all my observations were taken by the Nurse who asked me how I was feeling and if I needed anything to press the call button which they showed me how to use. I was then offered a nice cup of tea and something to eat, after a nice rest my discharge Nurse came and explained everything to me regarding my follow up appointment and medications and numbers to call and contacts if I had any worries, anxieties or concerns when I got home. The Nurse then very kindly by my request rang my Husband to let him know i was ready to be discharged to go home. Thank you to all the wonderful Staff on King Fisher Day Ward I will never forget any of you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 April 2017

North East London NHS Treatment Centre replied on 07 April 2017

Thank you for your very kind comments which will be shared with all our staff. We wish you a speedy recovery.