Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Steven Shaw gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb care, brilliant staff, great outcome

I was admitted to the cardiology day ward for a catheter ablation procedure on 22nd February. The procedure was a complete success and I was discharged on 23rd February. I have since been able to resume a normal active lifestyle and have not suffered a recurrence of any symptoms. I would like to thank all the staff involved in looking after me, both throughout my stay in the day-ward and during the various clinic appointments beforehand and afterwards. I have received excellent care, and been treated with great consideration and kindness at all times. I would like to express my particular appreciation of the nurses and the theatre team for the professionalism, superb care and close attentiveness shown during the procedure itself. Your calmness, reassurance and expertise really helped me through an uncomfortable, sometimes painful and scary experience. Following my most recent clinic appointment on 13th September I feel a tremendous sense of relief that a period of worry about my health is over. Physically, I feel re-energised and rejuvenated as a result of your efforts. Thank you so very much.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 September 2016

Pilot reviewed Castle Hill Hospital

Being asked if I was an alcoholic

I suffered an acute heart attack. I was in immense pain. I dialed 999 and the operator took all my details. When, after some time, the paramedic arrived I had to give all the details again and once more to the ambulance crew. By this time I was writhing on the floor in absolute agony. I just wanted them to get me into the ambulance and taken to cardiac unit. The paramedic then had the nerve to ask me, in an abrupt manner, "Are you an alcoholic" to which I of course replied, "No" I feel very insulted by this.
Eventually I was driven to the hospital 35 minutes away, and was immediately taken in to the cath lab for emergency treatment

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 20 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Steve Hamlett gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Diagnosis and Treatment for Prostate Cancer

After being referred to Castle Hill I would like to say the help and treatment I received from the staff has been fantastic.The nurses were friendly and cheerful, the consultant was very professional asking what your thoughts were and together making the decision for the best way forward.After choosing to have Robotic Prostatectomy I went into hospital and had the operation.Everyone from the nurses,porters,Aneathatist to the Consultant were brilliant,when telling a friend of mine he asked me if I had gone private,that's how good the service was.Well Done Castle Hill and Ward 15.Steve and Nicky Hamlett

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Sue gave Colorectal cancer services at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonscopy

I had a Colonscopy and was very frightened to say the least I think anyone would be but on arrival at the Endoscopy ward was made at ease and had the colonoscopy done by a lovely dr. I wouldn't hesitate really to have another but hope I never have to have another. The staff were wonderful and can't thank them enough for their professionalism and efficient ward. They explained everything to me and gave me a lot of dignity having the procedure done. Thank you very much.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 August 2016

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional care

My father under went a heart bi-pass and I can not thank the staff enough for their brilliant care and professionalism. Nothing was too much trouble in a department which was run so well. The hospital was very clean and I would highly recommend it. Well done you are a credit to NHS.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 01 September 2016

KNEELER reviewed Castle Hill Hospital

Unacceptable wait

to investigate whether a one off chest pain was heart related. A clear ECG was carried out followed by radio therapy a few weeks later.
After four and a half weeks no information has been received by G. P. or the patient.
This is an unaccepatable period of time.
This delay is causing anxiety to a patient who is not suffering any obvious symptoms of cardiac problems.
The tests were carried out in a competent and kindly manner by friendly staff.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Scarborough reviewed Castle Hill Hospital

He felt like a person and not a hospital number

My husband has just completed 37 fractions over 7. 5 weeks in the radiotherapy department at the Queens Centre for his cancer. We can only praise the medical staff at the centre, The whole time he was treated with dignity and respect, he felt like a person and not a hospital number, was always greeted by his first name from the receptionist right through to the radiographers very friendly and welcoming, even the staff in the coffee shop were very friendly and the coffee was good. in all it made his treatment more bearable, Highly Recommend the Centre and there services.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 07 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Teresa Richardson gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding consultant and staff

I had a nephrectomy which was completed by my surgeon who was fantastic from day one as was the full team of staff, they made me feel very at ease from the moment I walked in on morning of my operation to the moment of leaving, this was completed on the 2/7/16 and the surgeon was so lovely and talked me the whole way through explaining any questions and concerns I had, they made me relax and by the time I got to the theatre I was calm and ready to have my operation, afterwards the staff at castle hill really looked after me and my every need, I cannot thank them enough, the nurses really went out of there way to care for me and I thank them so very much on ward 15, I am now in recovery and slightly sore but am looking forward to a new life free from pain so thankyou all and to anyone undergoing care there you will be well looked after. Teresa Richardson

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 06 July 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Vicki barnett gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Early appointment at EN T

My visit to the ENT dept was made friendly by the staff and I was seen by a professional ,friendly and thorough doctor. One particular person on reception was very helpful and went to further lengths to help me with my questions.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Michael Chester gave Infectious Diseases at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Simply the best

I have nothing but praise for ward 20 the staff were of the best quality you could wish for. They always greeted you with a smile and with a very professional manner. I have no hesitation in recommending this ward as a shining example and all that is good about the NHS.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 25 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 06 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Infectious Diseases team at Castle Hill Hospital.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.