Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Martyn Wilkins gave Immunology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excelllent Dr's, Nurses, Staff and Hospital

Attended immunology O/P today for follow up, which is in the Oncology Centre. I always feel that the Oncology Centre has a very positive and welcoming atmosphere. Lovely welcome at O/P reception, seen by Dr who was simply lovely, listened, provided me with detailed information regarding my results and proposed medication change and follow up, rarely have I felt so positive regarding a consultation. On the way out in reception, clinical staff had various stalls regarding the work of the unit and promoting care and dignity on the Wards and specific conditions i.e. Lung cancer and its care. Discussion was encouraged by cakes and treats and it was really interesting to find out about the values staff are implementing on the wards. In my eyes Castle Hill is an excellent hospital with dedicated NHS staff, which I very much appreciate.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 February 2017

Alex gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great attitude, professionalism, dignity and respect ENT

Perfect staff on all levels. Great accommodation and food. Anestetics specialist did everything spot on, I didn't felt how I fell asleep, woke up smoothly and was on my feet after under one hour. Operation of over one and a half hours felt like 10 seconds to me, not exagerating.
My nose is still swollen and sore, but I already feel that there is no more pressure on my sinus tissues. Pressure from my eyes is gone, I feel that i can open my eyes wider and rotate them freely and at greater angles. Pressure and pain from my forehead is gone. And that is just one day after operation! I'm still to expirience breathing properly trough my nose after my packing will come out. And I'm pretty sure that crusting of mucus inside my nose is also over. Today my life quality improved drastically, thank you all.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 February 2017

Ali gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Pre op appt

I went for my pre op appt on Monday 6th February and the hospital staff were lovely.very caring and professional. I am going in for my operation this Thursday and have no concerns at all .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 12 February 2017

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Staff

My husband attended a number of appointments in the Lung Function Unit recently and every appointment has been excellent. We have always found a parking space, never had to wait too long for our appointment and found the staff excellent. We have seen seen the same member of staff for each of our appointments and we cannot fault them. This member of staff has been professional yet friendly. Everything has been explained fully and in detail but they have also been very personable and completely put us at ease. Thank you for such a positive experience.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 21 January 2017

Peter Hessell gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS Alive and Kicking

I recently attended the Plastics Day Surgery Unit for a minor operation. I have to say that the whole process from initial consultation through to the operation itself and eventual discharge was a thoroughly uplifting experience. All the personnel involved were professional, yet compassionate and l was treated with dignity and respect. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 22 January 2017

Anne gave Oncology - Clinical at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff

Having just finished ny radiotherapy treatment. I would like to say how amazing the staff have been. Always smiling using my first name, which to me makes it more personal. The member of staff on the desk ( checks you in tells you what machine you are on) remembers my name before I got to the desk, can I say they must see hundreds of patients and for them to do this made me feel I was among friends and not just another patient. Thank him. To the staff on the desk sorting the transport. All lovely and so helpful

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

Calvin Day gave Pain Management at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Where's Your Disabled Parking?

Have you ever tried to park in a disabled car parking space at castle hill hospital??? I had to attend this there morning for a Pre-Operative Assessment. With my appointment being at 10.30am and as attending this hospital for the first time as a Blue Badge Holder, I checked the hospital website for the location of the nearest Disabled Parking. On discovering that it showed it was very close to the Day Surgery Unit, I worked out a rough time schedule for my appointment. So arriving on site at 10.10am this would leave me 5/10 minutes to park and a further 5/10 minutes to get into the DSU3 Building, hence arriving on time for my 10.30 am appointment. Or so I thought! On arriving at the Disabled Parking Area as shown on the CHH Website, I discover that this is in fact a single disabled parking space and it was already being used, I proceeded to drive around not only this Car Park, but every Car Park near enough to where I needed to be so I could get there on my crutches without being in too much pain. I was amazed to discover that there is only 1 disabled car parking space per car park!! After 25 minutes of futile searching I finally found 1 empty Disabled Car Parking Space and parked up. This resulted in me having to have an uphill walk that left me totally exhausted and in excruciating pain !!! Thanks for nothing castle hill hospital !! Why oh why is there not a sufficient number of disabled parking spaces per car park? Is it down to money? As in the hospital doesn't get any from disabled parking? Is it down to losing a parking space they would get money from? Or is it that whoever planned the layout of the car parks just didn't think about disabled parking when do the plans and only added them in at the last minute? Who knows and who cares? Certainly not the castle hill hospital !!!!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017

Trish gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ward 14 answer SAL

I had a keyhole colysystectomy on 16 Dec, and was very scared. The whole thing went very smoothly and I was very reassured by the cross checking of information and advice from all the nursing staff and the Dr on SAL , they even reminded me of an allergy I forgot to mention, which proves they had read the notes! Up on Ward 14 again you couldn't have asked for better care. Lots of reassurance and attention when it was needed. Great nursing team. The only dissapointment was that I never actually met the surgeon, and it would have been nice to have talked the procedure through. However, I've had a couple of questions which I called the ward about and again, they were great.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017

John gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day treatment

I had a small plae removed from my nose on the 18th January, and the treatment I recieved from everybody there was first class thank you all so much

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 January 2017

Christine Yates gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful caring hospital

I was admitted to Castle Hill with heart failure.The care I received was of the highest standard and every single member of staff was kind,compassionate and professional. I was involved in all aspects of my treatment and everything was explained in detail.The ward was so comfortable and clean.I am now recovering well and looking forward to my first appointment with my consultant.Many thanks to all the staff.They are doing a wonderful job.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 22 January 2017