Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Kevin gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The Cardiologists Saved my life

Thursday 17 Aug 2017 is etched on my memory forever. I suffered a heart attack at approximately 1400. Keeping fit is my passion, so to have a heart attack was a real shock.

The Paramedics were quick to react and they blue-lighted me to Castle Hill (from Grimsby) and I am so eternally grateful that they did. Upon arrival I was whisked to the Cath lab where the surgeons carried out their miraculous work and saved my life.

From there I was taken to Ward 28 CMU where I was looked after by a wide range of medical and support staff.

From my arrival to my departure, on Sunday, I was looked after so well. Everyone was friendly, caring and compassionate. The wards were spotless, the beds comfortable, and nothing was too much trouble. And the food, oh my goodness, the choice of food was incredible and the quality and taste was spot on.

Every question I had was answered clearly. All the team were empathetic, regardless of their role.

Whilst I wish I had not had a reason to visit hospital, I am so glad it was Castle Hill Hospital that I ended up in. I will always be indebted to the medical team who saved my life. I have another chance at life, one that could have easily escaped me had I not been under the care of Castle Hill.

Thank you so much.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Natalie Moxham gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Aortic valve replacement and root graft

Admitted to ward 27 Castle Hill 2nd August 2017 for AVR and graft. After surgery/ICU, returned to ward 26 HOB which was all men other than me but quickly put in a side room once one available and fit to move. ALL staff involved in my care were brilliant could not fault them at all, the ward was kept immaculate even visitors commented on how the cleaners were constantly cleaning.

Although I had some hiccups prior to surgery regarding admission and the waiting list is extensive, I am glad that I stayed with Castle Hill as my surgeon and their team were brilliant and cannot thank them enough.

After such major surgery I was home on day 6 on paracetamol pain relief and day ten out enjoying the sunshine at the nearest beach.

18 days post op now and energy improving everyday I just want to say a massive thank you to all involved and although I've some way to go yet and have to get used to being on Warfarin, support has already been put n place with the cardiac rehab nurses to discuss concerns and road to recovery.

Thank you to the consultant and all the team.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Ian jones gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Castle hill cmu

I was blue lighted here from Grimsby and have to say this place is fantastic from start to finish this place knows how to look after you you couldn't wish to be in better hands a special mention should go to my nurses

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Rae Gray gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

They ignored my advice on my care,

I came in for a large skin graft over allergic reaction due to tattoo. I also have Fibromyalgia and extreme needle phobia. They allowed hubby in for putting me under which is great, but not one of the 5 separate mentions, at least 2 were noted on paper, about the essential warming I need, immediately after surgery, were actioned and therefore I got cold after surgery . Ok, so it only causes me pain, it's not exactly life threatening, but the pain lasts several days. With the pain coming from 2 other sites, fibro cold shock pain was just great. They got on it quite quickly after I told the recovery nurse, but the pain had already started. I just feel hurt and ignored. Sorry, but I'm more important than that. I deserve to.be heard over such a simple, ignored, request.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Claire Towse gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care, made me feel at ease, couldn't fault in any

Staff so caring. Any questions I asked were answered, all staff were polite and reassuring. Surgeon was amazing. Can't fault whatsoever, lovely clean room, shame people have felt the need to steal remotes!! Keep up the good work x

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admitted for routine surgery

I am very grateful to the surgical staff - the best team I've ever met, while dealing with some serious medical conditions...I had a very easy and successful gallbladder removal. It turns out I had nothing to be worried about.

Nursing staff on the ward have been awesome. It has really helped to rebalance some other occasions, in other hospitals, when I haven't felt such positive regard. I usually come out of hospital amid unease - can't wait to flee - but not this time...

It's great to meet staff who care like this, and who also have extensive knowledge and clinical skills. Yes, the less-engaging staff at other hospitals were probably just as able, but they were dealing worse with understaffing and stress...It's just that this can chip away at your faith in the NHS (sadly) if you have cause to be a frequent user.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Brian Davey gave Oncology - Clinical at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in Radiotherapy Departmen

Just finished a month of radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Although the department is busy patients are made to feel that the staff know them and their condition well. On several occasions staff noticed minor problems and dealt with them before I asked, or made comments as I passed them in the corridor which showed the remembered me and how far I was into the treatment. Apart from creating a more pleasant atmosphere, this inspired confidence in the care received. It was sometimes difficult to time drinking before treatment, but staff did their best to manage the delays and to keep me informed.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Andrew underwood gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hernia op 26/07/17

Just a review of my experience yesterday I usually don't defend the NHS quite the opposite on arrival at the sal everyone was pleasant and polite,all the nurses were really pleasant. The surgical team explained everything pleasantly and politely. The porter who wheeled me to theatre put me at ease. The whole theatre team were great recovery nurses were so pleasant and cheerful and everyone on ward 15 were extremely pleasant and nothing was to much trouble even though they were understaffed yesterday. Thanks very much

fred reviewed Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital

fantastic

Fantastic dedicated staff that have to work extra hard due to staff shortage , clean tidy ward I was in ward 26 . One big drawback !!! The food is absolutely disgusting , would get better food from a food bank . Meat processed potatoes powder veg canned no nutritional value at all

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiology xray

As I was anxious about parking,I attended early for a 1.50 appointment. Despite the fact that one machine had broken and staff were working under pressure,I was seen promptly and was back in my car by 2oclock