Castle Hill Hospital

Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appointment Procedure

Very poor appointment service

After waiting for a while following a GP referral, I received a very ill-worded letter offering an appointment weeks away. Telephone number - 01482 604444 - is engaged continually so no opportunity to speak to a person. That said, they must receive thousands of calls. The Consultant is not listed as a member of the Urology Team but apparently heads a team of Doctors. He is not listed as a Doctor. If this is a 'service' I cannot see how the letters and engaged telephone numbers and lack of information equate to this claim. Initial impression of this NHS facility is very poor.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 07 January 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

christine whittaker gave Diagnostic Physiological Measurement at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS at it's best !!!

I attended an MRI scan on Saturday 10/01/15. I was terrified after previous horrendous experience. I was to have both eye orbits scanned and knew this would involve a) keeping still and b) being put into a tunnel type device. I was so terrified that my GP gave me diazepam in the run up. What I didn't share with the excellent two staff, one nurse and one radiographer concerned was that I, myself, had been a nurse for 33 years and during that obtained RN level I and an hons degree in Nursing studies. In the past I have unfortunately found the NHS lacking in some respects but these two staff have restored my faith in the NHS.
They showed me kindness, respect, empathy and gave me the courage to have the scan done with repeats !!!! Their real quality was they talked to me and gave me the confidence I needed to undergo this procedure. They showed me that there are people in the NHS that really care for people and I can't thank them enough. I sincerely hope this message is shared with them from a very grateful patient Christine Whittaker 10/01/15 MRI scan of both eye orbits (Above and beyond - well done!!!)

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 11 January 2015

Nick Westwood gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy

The nursing staff were excellent,from booking in to departure nothing but praise. All were sympathetic to patients and understanding in their nature. High praise to the consultant carrying out the procedure. No discomfort throughout.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 14 January 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

sheenagh oneill gave Respiratory Medicine at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exceptional staff

My mum is at present ward 19 at castlehill and although I dont do many reviews I felt I had to as the staff are wonderful and cant do enough for you,they treat all the patients with respect dignity and always with a smile no matter how busy they are, they are making a very difficult time for myself an my family as easy as they possibly can, huge thanks to all the staff on this ward.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 20 December 2014

Lesley Hodgson gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Caring Cardiology

I recently (December) had my pacemaker upgraded to a bi-ventricular model after suffering heart failure in June. The summer was very limiting to me as I could not walk far, climb the stairs or do any gardening to speak of.
However since getting used to the new pacemaker I have felt better that I have for a long time and the care of the consultant who put the pacemaker in was excellent. She made me feel like a person that she cared about and not another patient on the production line. She even came to my rescue later that week when the pacemaker needed adjusting. Thanks go to the Doctor and her staff for their care.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 13 January 2015

john Rymer gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent service and staff

What I liked

5 stars. Excellent staff and excellent service. Thank you guys xx

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 January 2015

Mrs burns gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I am a female and 33. i had a small buety brown spot on my cheek and it grew gradually over a year to size of a pea I had it checked at the doctors in September and was refered to hull royal in the October. The consultant refered me straight to the operating room and it was removed to send it for a sample there and then I was left with a big scar of 4 stitches and was horrified and in shock as i didn't expect a procedure the same day as my appointment I was assured that it would soon heal quickly and amazingly it did. i had an appointment in the December and unfortunatly the results were not good and was booked in a few weeks later for another operation to remove more again I'm healing well and the scar is very neat I am one of the lucky ones and also very lucky to be treated so quick on the nhs. I really can't praise my consultant and all the lovely staff enough :)

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 13 January 2015

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exceptional staff

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 20 December 2014

Rosie Atkin gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bunion opp 19th Dec

I went into Ward 9 for my opp on Dec 19th. From arriving and booking in the care I received.was first class. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. During surgery I was kept up to date on what was happening by a very amusing and chatty assistant!! On returning to the ward I was given a room to myself, as most of the other patients were men. I was pleasantly surprised by the stranded of the food, always hot and tasty !!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 29 December 2014

amanda gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

total shambles

What I liked

whilst I couldn't fault my care during my admission to hospital the aftercare has a lot to be desired. I was prescribed a drug that required me to consult a doctor before taking due to an existing condition. When calling back the ward I was advised that cardiology couldn't help me at all in telling me whether I should take this medicine and I would have to refer to my gp or 'call boots'. After ringing my gp I was told to speak to cardiology as they had given me the medicine. Once again I was told by a doctor that they couldn't give me an answer. I am therefore left without been able to take medicines I need as no one is prepared to put their head on the block and give me even the slightest answer.
Patient care 10/10 patient aftercare 0/10 unless you want to speak to boots!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 21 November 2014