Castle Hill Hospital

Telephone: 01482 875875
Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

sarah harlington gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

breast clinic and ward 16

I have nothing but praise for the above departments. From my very 1st appointment to having surgery I have been treated as an individual, with respect and with dignity. All of the staff at the breast clinic are exceptional in giving care and showing respect.
Ward 16... well where do I start? I have stayed in 5* hotels which were not as nice! The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff from being admitted to leaving gave excellent care at a quality I have never seen or experienced in any other hospital.
A big thankyou to all staff.. you are all doing a great job.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 03 September 2015

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was so impressed with the cardio day unit, really clean and modern with a relaxed atmosphere. I had my own room as there were more men than women on the ward, perfect for an overnight stay.

I was terrified of the cardio ablation procedure as I'm a total wimp when it comes to needles! The doctor and their team were so professional and caring at the same time, a balance I think is dofficult to get right. They were firm but put me at ease, it got me through it and the procedure was a success.

I can't thank the staff enough, this will change my life, no more palpations, anxiety and endless trips to a&e, they all do an amazing job and I'm truly thankful.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 28 August 2015

Pete reviewed Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital

Receptionist Cardiac Dept

Having received an appointment to see a cardiac consultant me and my wife rang the reception in the cardiac department 35 times and still could not get through on Castle Hill site it says reception in Cardiac is open until 8pm so we rand at 16 minutes to 8pm and the phone said the reception was closed, so we rang general inquiries explained our position and we were put through to the cardiac reception were the phone was answered straight away we explained to the receptionist my husband is disabled and on Dialysis at Hull Royal 3 times a week Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays from 7am to 11-30am and my appointment was for a Wednesday at 10am and I cannot attend an appointment on those mornings they said they would sort it and send a new appointment out, they sent me a new appointment for a Friday morning again, we have tried ring and also the Staff nurses at Hull Renal Services tried ringing for 46 minutes and could not get through, Castle Hill get your staff and phone lines sorted it is terrible this day and age

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

castle brill

from being admitted to my discharge i have nothing but praise for all the staff.Not only with the way they looked after myself,but other patients as well.They work very long and stressful hours,but still treat everyone with dignity and respect.The hospital itself is kept very clean.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 25 August 2015

John Copsey gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment at Prostate assessment clinic

I attended the prostate assessment clinic on July 6 and would like to say how great all the staff I met were. My special praise goes to the Nurse of the above clinic for their kindness and care during my visit. I came away with all fears put to rest they are truly a wonderful nurse.
Thank you all.
John Copsey

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 July 2015

Steve Davison gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An unexpected visit

just to say a few words of thanks to all the doctors, nurses and staff who dealt with me on my unexpected visit.
I suffered a heart attack in the early hours of a Monday morning recently.
The paramedics who called at my flat after calling an ambulance where very comforting and reassuring , they made a quick diagnosis that I was having a heart attack and rushed me to Castle Hill, where I was met straight away by a group of nurses who took me through to an operating room where within the hour my stent was fitted and the procedure was over.
The aftercare for the next 24 hours was brilliant.
I spent a total of 3 days in total on ward 28 CMU before I was discharged and I cannot praise and thank all of the staff who I met during my stay enough

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 17 July 2015

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unot

Thank you to all staff on day surgery unit at castle hill , , after having surgery one week ago on shoulder I cant believe how well I was looked after especially after surgery as I was quite ill, , everyone was so helpful to me and my partner, and a massive thankyou to the ward housekeeper who kept checking on me and offering my partner and I drinks you dont get the recognition you deserve .

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 20 July 2015

Linda Atkinson gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent staff and service

I was unexpectedly taken in to Cardiology last Thursday due to AF newly diagnosed. I cannot begin to tell you how impressed by the care and quality of the staff who work there. They truly are a credit to their profession. I would just like to thank them for the excellent well humoured care and concern. It was a scary thing that happened to me and they really put me at my ease. I am so very impressed by the whole department. Once again a very big thank you x

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 24 July 2015

hillydale gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 11 Excellent

I have been in and out of ward 11 for almost 18 years and i must admit the ward has been updated but the staff remain the same very caring and thoughtful i even recognised three of the staff from when i first was admitted to this ward 18 years ago the staff are friendly funny and caring nothing is to much trouble they bend over backwards to help you even though they are short staffed at times, the ward itself has become a very warm and friendly place very clean and staff look after it very well i never worry if i have to go in this ward as i know i will be cared for in the best way possible i would like to thank all the staff on this ward for just being yourselves you know what caring means and you give it your all dont ever change your the best

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 26 July 2015

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 3 stars

please have more phone lines at breast clinic

please would someone in authority try to ring breast clinic reception on 622631 to see how hard it is to speak to a member of staff. I have tried over 7 days now at various times of the day both direct dialling & through the switchboard. it is either engaged or I get the ring tone for exactly 6.15 minutes before the phone is cut off only to try to get through again. the call centre on 604444 cant change appointments apparently so they advise to ring the clinic directly but it is impossible to actually speak to anyone there. it would be helpful if the 604444 call centre staff could change my appointment or if I could do it on line like the 'choose & book' system allows. it is extremely stressful enough to be having tests & this situation just adds to that stress. please review this thanks

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 27 July 2015