Castle Hill Hospital

Telephone: 01482 875875
Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

Ian Pegg gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 4 plastic surgery unit.

I can only say that the care taken of me by the team in the Plastic Surgery Unit was second to none, and was impressed that they seemed to enjoy their work immensely, would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 06 September 2014

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 08 September 2014

Dear Ian, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.
If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.
For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.
If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.
Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Marvellous care

I was on holiday in Yorkshire and had a heart attack I was taken to Castle Hill and they did an angiogram and put stents in I could not fault any part of my care all staff were great I have to have some more treatment later on and would not want to go anywhere else for it.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 07 September 2014

jakkijax gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

85 year old cardiac patient

All in all very clean, food good and hot, staff very helpful and caring. I was kept informed throughout my procedure so was my family. Extremely happy.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 18 September 2014

margaret gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

outstanding treatment and care

Thanks to the doctors team. The procedure was explained to me throughout and the team were wonderful. Thanks also to the staff on cardiac day ward 5 whose care and consideration were second to none.
The technology on this unit is amazing - matched only by the skill and professionalism of everyone who looked after me not only on the day of my procedure but also during my pre op assessment.
I can't thank everyone enough.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 September 2014

Dave gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CMU ward. Outstanding and caring.

I was taken to Castle Hill after having a heart attack. From the moment I entered the hospital I was looked after 100%. The care and attention I was given was second to non. I had a procedure carried out within the hour and was back in the ward with all the assistance I needed for a peaceful nights sleep. Over the next few days I was fed more food, tea and biscuits than I could manage and all the staff were engaging and supportive answering all my questions as required. My doctor and the team were fantastic.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

Peter H gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day case excellence

Attended the plastic surgery day unit for an indisputably minor operation. Looked after brilliantly from start to finish, kept informed and fully consulted on my wishes. Thank you...

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014

Anonymous gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ESWL urology ward 15 day patient 51 yo female

I attended Castle hill after a referral from Scarborough hospital for ESWL a procedure to break up my first ever kidney stone. The waiting area has tea and coffee, and a tv and books, everywhere was very clean.
I was very nervous and scared but the staff made me feel very much at ease. The procedure was carried out, everything was explained to me in detail, and although I refused pain meds initially, they stopped part way trough to sedate me a little bit as it was more painful than I thought.
All the staff, from the lady on reception to the consultant were very kind and I felt I could trust them, unlike a lot of the staff in my own local hospital.
After the procedure I was given time to sort myself out till I felt well enough to leave.
The only downside is the car park which is easy enough to find on google maps....but once in the grounds its very badly signposted and I had to ask several wandering members of staff where I needed to be, none of them knew where the right car park for ward 15 was so I ended up with a long walk to the ward. Charges for parking are in keeping with most hospitals. I would highly recommend the hospital if you need treatment for kidney stones

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 13 September 2014

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Sarah Farmer gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gallbladder removal

I have just had my gallbladder removed. I would just like to say thank you to all the Staff in the Daisy Unit for their care during my brief stay. I was not looking forward to my procedure, but desperately needed it doing and from the moment I arrived at the hospital to the moment I was discharged my care was excellent. The staff were kind, caring and patient. They explained everything that would happen and how I would feel afterwards.

I am at home, experiencing pain and I am uncomfortable but because I was so well informed of what to expect I am managing my pain and am not worried about how I feel.
I have been given pain relief and good advice on how to aid my recovery.

Thank you all so much, reception staff, nurses, anaesthetist and surgeon, brilliant team.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 29 August 2014

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 08 September 2014

Dear Sarah, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the Daisy Unit Team concerned are made aware of these.

Anonymous gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very pleased

I travelled from Scarborough to Hull to have Lithotripsy done at the urology dept yesterday and found all the staff from the lady at reception to the urologist very kind. The waiting area has a free coffee / tea area with a donation box, books to read and a tv. It is clutter free, light and airy and clean. The lovely staff are friendly and welcoming
I was a very nervous patient as I have never in my life needed any procedures like this, I am 51, but the staff made me feel like I mattered, and was not just a number on a bit of paper. My dignity was respected at all times and the nurses put me at ease with their friendly banter. I declined pain meds but was told they would stop treatment to administer a sedative if need be, which they did half way through. They looked after me really well and explained each step of the procedure so I understood what was going to happen and afterwards, explained my aftercare. The staff in this dept are not only qualified in their respective jobs, but they have also mastered the art of people skills, and caring, something often overlooked at my local hospital.
The only downside yesterday was the car park, it was not very well sign posted, none of the staff we stopped to ask knew where car park 7 was and we ended up with a bit of a trek from car park to urology but the park charges are very reasonable other than that its a huge thumbs up and 5 stars for Hull Castle Hill hospital urology dept :)

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 16 August 2014

Mike gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardio Day Ward CHH

I was admitted to the Cardio Day Ward for a Cardio day procedure in August 2014. During my short stay I enjoyed excellant care and cosideration from all concerned. I found all staff members to be friendly and reassuring, nothing appeared to be too much trouble. I was discharged with reassuring information and a clear plan of what was going to happen in the next few months. Thanks to all exspecially the Nursing staff

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 18 September 2014

Dear Mike, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.