Castle Hill Hospital

Telephone: 01482 875875
Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

Paula O' gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I can only extend my sincere thanks to all the team at Ward 16 for their professionalism and making my stay in hospital a memorable one. There was not one thing I could fault during my stay, the staff could not do enough for you. I am immensely touched and very proud that we have this gem in our county.

Paula O'

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Anonymous gave Immunology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very efficient and caring

Attended outpatient clinic on two occasions for an appointment and allergy testing. All staff were kind, friendly, and helpful, and performed the procedures sensitively and with care.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

charliesteve gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care of my mother

My mother is currently in the hospital and at 9 pm sunday night was moved from one ward to another. The ward she was moved to was on the first floor which meant going into an elevator. My mother is 79 years old and is petrified of closed spaces and elevators and was forced in. When the kids in the family were ill and in Hull Royal my mother walked up the stairs rather than the lift. This treatment of my mother was disgusting and I would like to know who I should contact regarding this issue.
Steve mums eldest son

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Allergy services in hospital at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The best treatment I have ever had!

I suffered with my dust mite allergies for over 10 years with various doctors not really understanding and the allergy medication not really working. I would still come home from work 2-3 times a months ill and it was really getting me down.

I started on the allergy drops in December 2012, so its nearly been two years and its the best decision I ever made. The nurses are amazing and actually understand the issues of having allergies (compared to some GPs that have no clue). I havent had a day off sick in work due to allergies in over 1.5 years. The hospital is always clean and friendly. I cant say than you enough as its changed my life!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

Dr H gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiothoracic tumour removal

I was on ward 26 for 5 days following a major tumour removal- as a fellow medical professional I can only say the care I received exceptional.
The only thing was the food wasn't to my liking.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Ian Pegg gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 4 plastic surgery unit.

I can only say that the care taken of me by the team in the Plastic Surgery Unit was second to none, and was impressed that they seemed to enjoy their work immensely, would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 06 September 2014

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 08 September 2014

Dear Ian, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.
If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.
For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.
If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.
Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Marvellous care

I was on holiday in Yorkshire and had a heart attack I was taken to Castle Hill and they did an angiogram and put stents in I could not fault any part of my care all staff were great I have to have some more treatment later on and would not want to go anywhere else for it.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 07 September 2014

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 08 September 2014

jakkijax gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

85 year old cardiac patient

All in all very clean, food good and hot, staff very helpful and caring. I was kept informed throughout my procedure so was my family. Extremely happy.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 18 September 2014

margaret gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

outstanding treatment and care

Thanks to the doctors team. The procedure was explained to me throughout and the team were wonderful. Thanks also to the staff on cardiac day ward 5 whose care and consideration were second to none.
The technology on this unit is amazing - matched only by the skill and professionalism of everyone who looked after me not only on the day of my procedure but also during my pre op assessment.
I can't thank everyone enough.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 September 2014

Dave gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CMU ward. Outstanding and caring.

I was taken to Castle Hill after having a heart attack. From the moment I entered the hospital I was looked after 100%. The care and attention I was given was second to non. I had a procedure carried out within the hour and was back in the ward with all the assistance I needed for a peaceful nights sleep. Over the next few days I was fed more food, tea and biscuits than I could manage and all the staff were engaging and supportive answering all my questions as required. My doctor and the team were fantastic.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014