Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Discusting hospital!

My partner is in at the moment after having heart attack. Discusting food, unhelpful staff and the place is filthy. Hope to god never have to go again!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 07 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 12 May 2016

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your partners recent experience in cardiology. We will ensure your comments are shared with the cardiology team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk. They will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Martyn Wilkins gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent clinical practice delivered with care

I attended Castle Hill Day Surgery Unit 3 under the care of the Trauma and Orthopaedic Team on the 6th of May for surgery on my hand. A visit a week prior was arranged for pre assessment and besides the usual swabs, I was given lots of information on what to expect on the day and my individual needs were noted (I have a disability). A singular issue re stopping a medication was outstanding and the Nurse checked with the Dr and rang me at home the next working day to confirm cessation.

I duly arrived for the procedure and received warm welcome, clear information on what would happen and I was offered support with dressing/undressing needs due to my disability. Although the clinical staffs was very thorough and professional, they were keen to check on your well-being and any requirements that you may have, leaving me feeling very comfortable and confident regarding the procedure and the fact that I was being treated with dignity and as an individual.

A big thank you to all the staff on Day Surgery Unit 3, you are a credit to Castle Hill Hospital and to the NHS.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 12 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Day Surgery Unit 3 team at CHH.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Sarah Stonier gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appointment at Outpatients

I arrived for my appointment 5 minutes early and I was called forward within 4 minutes and was seen 2 minutes later. Brilliant consultant and very happy with my information as I need a new hip. Now on the waiting list which is long but that's fine.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 12 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Orthopaedic Outpatient team.

john bartlett gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

operation appointment

7,30 appointment to have crt pacer fitted to be told on arrival that its been taken by some one else ,I have had no phone call or letter to tell me that this was or had happened .the problem is I have made all the arrangement's for work so now I am losing 4 weeks money and no way I can alter it and to be told they have no idea when this opp is going to happen , I don't think it is good enough

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 12 May 2016

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in Cardiology. We will ensure your comments are shared with the Cardiology team.

Brett Stewart gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ward 9

I was discharged from ward 9 yesterday (16,5,16) after a five night stay. From entering the sal to the moment I left I felt the care I received was impeccable. The staff on ward 9 are great and can not do enough for you, from the physiotherapists to the nurses and cleaners, all magnificent! Also the food was tasty and wholesome, with excellent variety and choice. Prior to going in for my surgery I had read a few very negative reviews around care and attention, the team are very understaffed! But never did I feel this impacted on my care/treatment.
Many thanks to all staff at Castle Hills, Brett Stewart

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 17 May 2016

Dear Mr Stewart

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team on Ward 9

Anonymous gave Infectious Diseases at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My stay in Castle Hill Hospital

Thank you to all the caring, friendly and professional staff on Ward 20. It's never nice to be in hospital but I was comfortable, well looked after every day, and was kept informed of my treatment and any results on a regular basis. The food was very good too,

I cannot believe there are so few people commenting on how good you all are.
Very many thanks
Amanda

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 20 May 2016

Dear Amanda

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team on Ward 20 at Castle Hill Hospital.

Anonymous gave Haematology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My experience

The consultant and staff extremely friendly and polite very helpful.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 26 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Haematology team.

Jane gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Double disectomy, ward 8, castle hill

I've never left a review for anything before but on this occasion I feel I must. The Dr has just performed a double disectomy on my L3 and L 4 discs which had prolapsed . I have suffered over 10 years on and off with excruciating pain , sciatic pain in my leg. I had my surgery last Thursday , a week ago and I must say I feel absolutely incredible ! As far as I'm concerned Dr is worth their weight in diamonds! No one knows what this type of pain is like until experienced. I just want to say a massive massive thank you to DR for curing me and I highly recommend this fantastic Dr... I feel incredible, no pain what so ever, I keep expecting to wake up....... Thank you Dr .... You are a very clever, talented man five star plus *****
From a very happy Mrs Jane wilson .

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Dear Mrs Wilson

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Neurosurgery team.

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI

I attended Cast Hill for an MRI and from the first staff contact everyone was courteous, friendly and professional. My particular problems mean that keeping still for long periods causes pain and so I was carefully positioned and supported by the nurse. The nurse also provided me a timescale as to how long I would be inside the scanner. However, a key factor was the level of communication from the radiologist, who checked on my comfort, but importantly advised at the start of each scan how long it would take and if the bed would move beforehand. Inside the scanner you have no sense of time, so having an overall timescale coupled with this communication made the process appear to pass quickly. It also helps to reduce any anxiety of being inside a relatively small tube. I have had many MRIs over the years and have experienced relatively little communication and information to none at all. In my view this level of communication should be a standard and I fully appreciate and thank the nurse and radiologist for their approach and consideration.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 28 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Immunology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Staff at Queens Centre CHH

I needed bloods taking as requested by my GP. There was a 4 week wait to see a nurse for the bloods. I am an outpatient already at the queens centre so I contacted them to see if they could do them.
The receptionist at the immunology/heamatology clinch at the queens centre was really lovely. They were very calm and polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. They accommodated me with no fuss and was very friendly and happy to all the visitors at the centre. This receptionist was an absolute gem.
The phlebotomists despite being very busy themselves fitted me in with no hassle, all very friendly and happy.
The atmosphere was very happy and easy going and it's always a pleasure despite the circumstances to visit the centre!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 01 April 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 01 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Outpatient department in the Queens Centre at Castle Hill Hospital.