Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Christine Yates gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful care

I had an angiogram yesterday and felt really relaxed and in control thanks to the care and professionalism of the consultant and nursing staff.Every aspect of the procedure was explained to me and the results were given to me on my discharge.Castle Hill is a superb hospital and we should be proud of the first class care we receive here.Many thanks to everyone.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Heather Kaye gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

satellite endoscopy unit

The staff were very friendly and professional. their introductions gave you a relaxed feeling before the start of the procedure.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

Anonymous gave Haematology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Re: Haematology - Whilst waiting for an outpatient appointment with my son in Queens Centre, I thought I would leave a review on our family's experiences. ALL the staff we have dealt with have been brilliant, involving the patient in all decisions and explaining everything to the family. As both inpatient (on ward 33) and outpatient he has experienced very good service and very good standard of care. He has had to wait for extended periods of time in outpatients, sometimes 90 minutes for an appointment, but he knows that he won't be rushed when it's his turn. The staff on the ward and in outpatients have a balance of humour and being serious and are always professional. When we have heard patients complaining, the staff have dealt with them courteously. All in all, making one part of having leukaemia easier to deal with.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

RB gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Communication is key

After a visit to my doctors I was then appointed to Castle Hill Hospital. I work in an industry is all about communication and I cannot fault the treatment of staff in all areas. I was told I would get a letter and I did, was told I would get a phone call and again I did. It's a small thing but excellent.

After surgery in the day surgery unit quickly, again after great communication I am back home and recovering.

The staff in the day surgery unit are an absolute credit to the NHS. Clearly extremely busy but the care shown along with much needed humour was fantastic.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 14 April 2017

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Day Surgery Unit.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Frank Sayles gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Care Unit

I had a relatively minor ear operation yesterday under GA and have to say that all the staff were excellent, from the moment I entered the Daisy building I was made to feel at ease. The staff are welcoming and accessible if you have any questions or queries.

I've had operations in the past in private BUPA hospitals which were fantastic but I must say that the level of care given here matched BUPA in every respect.

The only comment (not criticism) is that I was the last on the list for that day and the chairs in the waiting area are not the most comfortable after a 4 hour wait.

This unit and the staff in it are a credit to the NHS.

Thank you to all involved.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

michael steer gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

best staff and treatment ever

I did not expect one to one service, the staff in ward 26 were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, i heard emergancy bells going off and responded to in under 5 seconds, i myself had complicationans but the doctors and nurses dealt with them emidietly this is the ritz of all hospitals, the nhs should take note of this and the staff there, i felt i was the only one being cared for. I wish i could doo more to help. If i won the lottery I would give it to ward 26

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 18 April 2017

Dear Mr Steer,

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team on Ward 26 at Castle Hill Hospital.

Elizabeth gave Gynaecology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment and care

Until now I've had a terrible problem with anything to do with Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals etc.
I had a total Hysterectomy and spent 3 nights on Ward 14. The whole staff were caring friendly and thoroughly professional. Explained everything that was happening along the way, attentive and helpful although it was busy. Everyone from the cleaners to the consultants were happy to talk (and joke when appropriate) if they felt overworked they didn't say or complain. I have no qualms whatsoever if I ever needed any more treatment. I can't praise them highly enough.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 April 2017

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 07 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Gynaecology team.

Mark Smith gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 15 and Staff

My second stay in this hospital. Initial impressions are of friendliness, compassion and excellent clinical care. I have experience of hospitals in all sectors and Ward 15 equals the best. Incredibly hard working staff at every level and and a willingness to go the extra mile in providing outstanding care. It would be unfair to comment about individual staff and there is no need as all work so well.
My only problems were with waiting times in the Admission Lounge and these could probably be solved if the managers realised that the staff are only human.
My concern is that someone will fail to realise that this is a successful hospital which deserves to be cherished and decide to weaken its strong points so that it becomes uniformly average.
The staff do not deserve this. They need to feel appreciated and we should be proud of our hospital,

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 17 March 2017

Sarah Docherty gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 28

I was taken into ward 28 as an emergency and the staff were brilliant Keeping myself and family informed The ward was very clean and meals always hot and on time nothing was to much effort for anyone

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital

Impossible to contact anyone

I'm trying to contact someone in the Chest Pain Clinic to cancel appointment for tomorrow. I have been ringing constantly for about half an hour and no one ever picks up the phone. The reception desk refuses to take a message and you don't have an e-mail address I can use. Absolute disgrace.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017