Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Tony gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thanks all

arrived at Day Surgery unit three this morning actually late by 20 minutes through no fault of the team our myself, I still went down for my operation as arranged and back home for 14:13
thanks to he consultant and team team, what a great bunch of people and the way they work together was brilliant and some of them are volunteers.
Thanks all

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 February 2016

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pacemaker fitted Well cared for by all involved

It is a very fundamental experience, even for a man of 70 to have a device implanted that is scheduled to control his ongoing health for the rest of his life.

With this thought in mind I entered Cardiac 5 ward at Castle Hill hospital with considerable trepidation - knowing that I needed to have something done but wishing that it was avoidable.

The Consultant and The staff managed my concerns very professionally and guided me over the various hurdles needed to complete the process, with the least inconvenience to me.

I felt well respected and greatly appreciated the underlying levity that allowed the entire stay to be less onerous - the staff clearly understand that a little lightheartedness takes the terror out of having a pacemaker fitted.

I hate to trivialise the issue by mentioning the food, but seeing as it appears to be important to a number of patients, I might add that it was excellent and that I was surprised to find that there was a choice!

My additional thanks go to the kind person who fed me, supplied me with tea, kept my family in the waiting room informed and mopped up the blood when I didn't keep my finger on the cannula plaster as instructed!

Thank you all for giving me a second chance!

James Boam
York

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Caroline Bolton gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ICU

My brother, Richard Moore, died this morning of cardiac-related complications. I would like to express my gratitude to the team in ICU for their tireless work and compassion. They gave their all to very last stages. We are all devastated by his loss but we can at least take comfort from the fact that everything possible was done. They were wonderful.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 February 2016

Benjam1n reviewed Castle Hill Hospital

No one rings back

I am a person that has to wear 2 hearing aids, normally when I need spare sleeves or batteries, I drive up pick up the red phone and request what I require, never had a problem with this service until the last couple of times, I have been informed that I must ring first or email the department. Every time you ring it is answerphone as no one mans this area, the main problem is no one rings you back, so the only way to get spares is to turn up get equipment and be told off for not ringing first.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 19 January 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Neurology out patient department

My husband lost his job because of memory problems last summer and his GP arranged the visit to the neurologist. We explained this to the doctor on entering. The doctor spent the next few minutes flicking through my husbands notes and checking his reflexes.

The doctor wanted my husband to have EEG, MRI (my husband has a metal heart valve that is apparently compatible with this) and to see a Clinical Psychologist, they seemed particularly annoyed this hadn't been done.

The doctor would see my husband in three months time, this was no conversation, we were been talked at. The doctor was writing in the notes and asked my husband what part of Grimsby did we live in? They didn't even realise that my husband couldn't answer that.

I tried to explain to the doctor the issues my husband was having, he can no longer write, he couldn't count change for the parking meter, his response was, "That it means nothing to me", they actually repeated the statement.

We were given no advice information or help. We are in our mid fifty's, still have a mortgage to pay.

As I stood up to leave, I said to the doctor that we had waited six months to be told that it means nothing to them, They said I didn't understand what they meant, they then started talking to my husband about dementia, how there are hundreds of different types and they can't do anything.

We had been in there for less than ten minutes.

We left, I was extremely upset and my husband was confused.

Dementia? Where did that come from? We were told he had Masked Depression.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 20 January 2016

William Ashton gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The NHS at it's finest

Had to make three visits to this hospital recently. For one of these visits I was a day surgery patient. The hospital is bright, clean, cheery, and friendly.

The care I have received on each visit has been exemplary. I cannot speak too highly of the staff I was fortunate enough to meet, consultant, surgeon, anaesthetist, the porters, and those wonderful, wonderful nurses. No matter how busy they are, they always have time for their patients. It's called caring. And I thank them all.

I repeat, the NHS at it's finest.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 28 January 2016

June Rymer gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Case Unit, Daisy Building, CHH, Cottingham.

Had surgery in the Day Case Unit, CHH on 27/01/16 The efficiency, attention to detail and job dedication was excellent. I am so proud of the teamwork that this unit display and that I have access to from where I live.
We are very lucky to have all this expertise in our NHS.
Thankyou.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 29 January 2016

Elaine Bell gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 15 Urology

I had a ureteroscopy with stone fragmentation done yesterday at Castle Hill Hospital and would just like to say how impressed I was with my treatment. From arriving at SAL at 7am to leaving at tea time the whole day was a very calm, professional and caring experience. Every member of staff I met was kind, gentle and a credit to the medical profession. My stay on Ward 15 was 5 star and the all the nursing staff went that extra mile to make me feel comfortable , pain free and happy. Despite the fact that every member of staff on Ward 15 was permanently busy they always had time to listen to your needs. Well Done Ward 15 you are a credt to the NHS.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 30 January 2016

david burton gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

observations

on the addmission date letter it would have helped to add the words WARD 4 day surgery unit 3
secondly, to make it clear that a taxi driver is not a resposible person to take you home ,no matter how close a friend he may be. i had to get my taxi driver to pick my wife up from our house [who was ill in bed] just to occompany me home [who was the most responsible i do not know]
but apart from these two observations i cannot sing the praises of the staff at ward 4 castle hill high enough

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 07 January 2016

Anonymous gave Oncology - Clinical at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiotherapy and oncology day services

Recently my mum underwent radiotherapy and is currently having chemotherapy as a day case . These services are fantastic and truly what the NHS is about compassion caring brilliant care delivery . The staff go above and beyond their roles and that is what our NHS is about people and caring!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 08 January 2016