Castle Hill Hospital

Telephone: 01482 875875
Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Life Savers

I just had a triple bypass surgery and I was amazed by the service they have provided. From top levels to ground level, all staffs were excellent. I could see they were very busy but they always provided me a the very best care & service.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

E. Jacobs gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Chest surgery - Ward 16

Can't thank all the staff involved in my care enough.

When I was admitted I was introduced to all the people involved in my care. I had everything I needed to know explained to me and was given the opportunity to ask any questions I might have.

As a male to female transsexual I had concerns surrounding dignity and respect however I needn't have worried as all the staff were brilliant.

I,m not a big fan of general anesthetics however the theatre staff did a brilliant job of distracting me. My only small gripe and it really wasn't that much of issue was that the lift was out of order on the way to theatre so I had to walk past the main reception and waiting room.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 March 2015

Paula gave Gynaecology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Poor care and bad attitude

Just got back from an appointment with my daughter for an endoscopy, the consultant we saw was lovely and reassured us that she would be allowed to be sedated.
On arrival at the hospital they took my daughter through and as she is 17 was told in an awful manner that I had to stay were I was, I said you do know she is being sedated, the nurse said they don't sedate first and they use the throat spray ??? I was then called through as my daughter was very distressed and was treat like I shouldn't be there or even care.
The nurse came through and again talked her into the throat spray, my daughter is very quiet and said she would do it.
She is now traumatised by this, it's an absolute disgrace she should have been allowed to e sedated, the nurse actually shouted at me and said the sedation doesn't know you out??? Absolutely disgusting attitude all the time there were groups of nurses stood around chatting and laughing, no wonder the CQC website says this hospital needs improving. Bad attitude , no care at all and no communication, my daughter is 17 and classed as an adult when it suits. She needed me to be her voice and they knew it and didn't want it.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 March 2015

Sandra gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

very friendly and caring staff

i had a l4 l5 decompression, very pleased how it all went, from start to finish the staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for me considering they are under staffed and under pressure, just two little complaints food not great but there I didn't really have much of an appetite, and the person that brought the tea trolley round made a nice cup of tea but was so miserable!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 27 March 2015

Liz gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the treatment I received today when I had to attend for an MRI scan. As soon as I arrived one of the nurses saw me and explained everything that was going to happen. I was feeling nervous and didn't know what to expect but all the nurses I saw made me feel at ease and comfortable. All of the staff were lovely and kind and explained everything really clearly. Thank you.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 26 February 2015

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scanning

Had an appointment for an MRI scan today and I was nervous on arrival. The lady in reception was welcoming and lovely. The nurse who called me to be seen explained everything fantastically and even when I got upset she calmed me down wonderfully and was just calming and lovely. In the room the lady operating the scanner was also lovely and calming. Again everything was explained fully and I was made to feel as calm as possible. Really impressed with the staff, my appointment was on time and over and done with quickly.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My brother was admitted to castle hill on Thursday 19th February. He had an heart attack at just 28 years old. The team on CICU1 where amazing. I can not thank everyone enough for the outstanding care they have given to my brother. He had one to one care from the moment he arrived. All the staff should be so proud of the fantastic job they do on a daily basis. They work long hours yet still have so much time for the family and friends. My brother has now been transferred to Newcastle where I'm positive he will be in great hands. Thank you once again to each and every one of you for everything you have done.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

milly gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

caring hospital

I attended castle hill hospital for a carpel tunnel operation and from the booking in staff nurses operating theater staff and surgeon I was treated with care and respect I cannot fault the staff they were all wonderful and really made me feel at ease keep up your excellent work castle hill and thank you.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 31 January 2015

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 06 February 2015

Dear Milly, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.
If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.
For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.
If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.
Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.
The Patient Experience Team
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Gillian Gundry gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Experience of a recent stay at Castle Hill

I came to Ward 9 at Castle Hill on 14th January to have an ankle replacement operation. I was impressed by the whole of the medical staff that I encountered in my stay. They were kind, helpful and several members when over and above expectations. Good work.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 February 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Keith Landen gave Geriatric Medicine at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very Well Done

My elderly Mum was recently admitted to Castle Hill Hospital with aspiration pneumonia. She received excellent treatment from all the staff..

I came a long distance to visit and the staff were extremely cooperative with visiting times and encouraged me to help feed Mum at meal times.

The young cleaning person appreciated being thanked for her work.

The password system of telephoning direct to the ward worked brilliantly.

Thank you.