Want to help us improve NHS Choices?

Find out more and sign up to our user research panel

Castle Hill Hospital

Telephone: 01482 875875
Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

John Copsey gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment at Prostate assessment clinic

I attended the prostate assessment clinic on July 6 and would like to say how great all the staff I met were. My special praise goes to the Nurse of the above clinic for their kindness and care during my visit. I came away with all fears put to rest they are truly a wonderful nurse.
Thank you all.
John Copsey

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 July 2015

Steve Davison gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An unexpected visit

just to say a few words of thanks to all the doctors, nurses and staff who dealt with me on my unexpected visit.
I suffered a heart attack in the early hours of a Monday morning recently.
The paramedics who called at my flat after calling an ambulance where very comforting and reassuring , they made a quick diagnosis that I was having a heart attack and rushed me to Castle Hill, where I was met straight away by a group of nurses who took me through to an operating room where within the hour my stent was fitted and the procedure was over.
The aftercare for the next 24 hours was brilliant.
I spent a total of 3 days in total on ward 28 CMU before I was discharged and I cannot praise and thank all of the staff who I met during my stay enough

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 17 July 2015

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unot

Thank you to all staff on day surgery unit at castle hill , , after having surgery one week ago on shoulder I cant believe how well I was looked after especially after surgery as I was quite ill, , everyone was so helpful to me and my partner, and a massive thankyou to the ward housekeeper who kept checking on me and offering my partner and I drinks you dont get the recognition you deserve .

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 20 July 2015

Linda Atkinson gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent staff and service

I was unexpectedly taken in to Cardiology last Thursday due to AF newly diagnosed. I cannot begin to tell you how impressed by the care and quality of the staff who work there. They truly are a credit to their profession. I would just like to thank them for the excellent well humoured care and concern. It was a scary thing that happened to me and they really put me at my ease. I am so very impressed by the whole department. Once again a very big thank you x

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 24 July 2015

hillydale gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 11 Excellent

I have been in and out of ward 11 for almost 18 years and i must admit the ward has been updated but the staff remain the same very caring and thoughtful i even recognised three of the staff from when i first was admitted to this ward 18 years ago the staff are friendly funny and caring nothing is to much trouble they bend over backwards to help you even though they are short staffed at times, the ward itself has become a very warm and friendly place very clean and staff look after it very well i never worry if i have to go in this ward as i know i will be cared for in the best way possible i would like to thank all the staff on this ward for just being yourselves you know what caring means and you give it your all dont ever change your the best

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 26 July 2015

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 3 stars

please have more phone lines at breast clinic

please would someone in authority try to ring breast clinic reception on 622631 to see how hard it is to speak to a member of staff. I have tried over 7 days now at various times of the day both direct dialling & through the switchboard. it is either engaged or I get the ring tone for exactly 6.15 minutes before the phone is cut off only to try to get through again. the call centre on 604444 cant change appointments apparently so they advise to ring the clinic directly but it is impossible to actually speak to anyone there. it would be helpful if the 604444 call centre staff could change my appointment or if I could do it on line like the 'choose & book' system allows. it is extremely stressful enough to be having tests & this situation just adds to that stress. please review this thanks

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 27 July 2015

Anonymous gave Pain Management at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient visit to Neurosurgeon on Monday 27.7

I visited a neurosurgeon on Monday for a second opinion on my back condition. I have been on the waiting list for an operation since 14th November 2014 and was getting very concerned about the time it was taking.
I rang PALS to see if things could be moved on and a person helped me enormously by finding out what the delay was. They rang me back to say that there appeared to be no surgeon willing to undertake my operation and referred me to this neurosurgeon for a second opinion.
After consulting the xrays of my back, they were of the opinion that I should never have been given the option as it was too complicated a procedure and was too invasive. We agreed that I should come off the list and continue on a pain control regime.
No-one, apart from the helpful member of staff, had the courtesy to tell me that surgery was not an option. But the neurosurgeon really treated me like a human being and I came away feeling confident about my future. I felt that they and the person at PALS should be recognised for their work.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant staff

Had an operation on my toe in the plastic surgery unit 3 today and the nurses and whole team there couldn't be nicer. The two nurses in particular were fantastic and a credit to the hospital. All the staff were really nice polite and friendly and I was put at ease and kept informed the whole way though. Great Hospital!

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 13 June 2015

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great hospital

I recently visited Castle Hill Hospital for an operation, I don't near close the hospital so everything was new to me. At first I felt very nervous about going to a hospital that I wasn't familiar with, but I couldn't be more wrong. The staff are so lovely and welcoming and also great at their job. The hospital is lovely and clean, nothing is too much trouble for them. Most importantly no question is too silly. Although my operation didn't go through the staff really did try everything that they had to get me in but there just wasn't enough beds. They tried to move other people to try and squeeze me in but no luck (sadly, every hospital is struggling with this no matter what hospital you go to). The nurses in the Surgical Admissions Lounge really couldn't do enough for me, they explained everything to me in a way I could understand and made sure i was OK before they sent me home. I'm glad to say that I now have another date for my operation..

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 18 June 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

BARRY ROBERTSON gave Oncology - Clinical at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

oncology treatment

why would anyone want to get private treatment when they could get treated at castle hill hospital, i have just finished a radiotherapy and chemotherapy course and could not have been treated better anywhere in the world. The staff are very patient and always make you feel comfortable they remember little things about your life what you have divulged to them, you are always welcomed to ask questions and always get straight answers. A very big thank you to all the staff.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 04 June 2015