Castle Hill Hospital

Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital Feedback.

the daisy building, for treatment in the castle hill complex is outstanding, I'd like to thank
all the staff for their professionalism and friendliness during my short stay with you, it was all positive,positive,positive.

kind regards

david t aubrey

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 03 April 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 14, recovering after an accident at home

I spent just over a week in Ward 14 recovering after a nasty accident at home falling down the stairs and doing some awful internal damage. Having spent 9 days in intensive care at Hull Royal I was transferred to Castle Hill for the rest of my recovery process.

All the staff were attentive, caring, respectful, willing to answer any questions. Always asking after me. The care was superb. I could not have hoped for better care. In a crisis the NHS are second to none. Thank you to all on Ward 14 and all of the supporting departments. Pharmacy, Physio, dieticians, cleaners and catering staff. If I've missed anyone then sorry. You were all great and made my stay the most comfortable and pleasant it could have been under the circumstances.

I don't work in the health service, nor am I a politician but you should get the senior managers to see what you all do on a day to day basis, get them back to the floor to see how valuable you all are and what a difference you make.

I hope that the government doesn't screw things up any more for the great people who work in health.

Keep up the great work and a huge thank you for looking after me at a very difficult time.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 26 April 2015

j ollis gave Oncology - Clinical at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

radiotherapy

I have just finished my 15sessions of radiotherapy and would like to convey my thanks to each and everyone of you there are too many to mention but you have all been so kind from the staff on reception to the nurses but especially all of the radiographers it was daunting at times but all the staff are so kind and put you at ease the department itself is spotless in fact all of the areas in the building are so clean and tidy, I had to rely on transport for the last 2weeks and again 10/10 always on time and home at a decent time the drivers were always cheerful and had a smile once again thanks to all of you.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 27 April 2015

Barbara Shaw gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 4 day surgery unit Chh

I attended ward 4 yesterday for removal of a lesion on my face and reconstruction. I was involved with everything from the minute I got on the ward. My consultant was lovely and informed me of everything they were going to do. My first op was under a local and the consultant gave me a nerve block, so only 1 injection felt. For the reconstruction they were hoping to do a flap but this couldn't be done. I had a skin graft and they have assured me that they can further treat me if I am not happy with the result, ie more cosmetic touches I think.

All staff on the ward were very friendly and spoke to you as an individual and a person.
This is the 3rd time I have attended the unit and all experiences have been the same. All the staff appear to work well together and are happy in their work ( this you don't find very often, unfortunately). I do not hesitate in recommending this unit to anyone.

Barbara Shaw

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

jplcole gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Surgery

I have just had two lesions removed and wish to thank my consultant and their team for their caring and friendly attitude. I cannot speak highly enough of the way in which the Nurses treated patients before and after the surgery.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

roger william wilson gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ward 15 castle hill hospital staff on ward

I would just like to say what a plesure it was to be in ward 15 at castle hill hospital ,
The nursing staff wrer wonderful even always busy still had time for any problems i had ,
the catering staff did a wonderful job good food always frendly and helpful ,
Cleaning staff done a very good job as well as being frendle and talking to patients .

All the staff never stoped always ther if needed as they have so much paper work to fill in but still there for patients as well at visiting times there for familys to answer any qutions .

thank all the staff as well as doctors for a wonderful stay and care i recivied they should be used as a prime chioce for the way all hospitals should be , i can not praise them anoth for the care i had thank you all again regards Mr Roger w wilson .

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

sheila wilkinson gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Daisy day surgery unit

I recently retired as a nurse of 43 years at a good hospital in west Yorkshire. Having moved to east Yorkshire nearly five years ago this is my first encounter as a patient at castle hill .I was extremely happy with my treatment from my first visit with my consultant at Hornsea hospital to my stay on the day surgey unit,at castle hill, the staff were amazing they all went round with lovely happy faces and to me as a patient made me feel very comfortable and safe, they deserve a pat on the back.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 23 April 2015

Macbeth22 gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Castle Hill Care Rating

I have visited CHH on a previous occasion (just for a scan) and was very pleased with the staff and the kind way I was treated.

So when my GP referred me to CHH for a Urological problem I was happy to attend. Again, the experience was very similar. Friendly, cheery staff throughout - despite the fact that it was clear they were working flat out!
I do get tired of hearing the NHS slagged off when there are such great, caring people working in it - helping people and saving lives everyday. Yes, there some rouge people and mistreatment has gone on as we know. But measure that against the millions of people treated every year..
Because I was the last to go in for treatment I was a VERY long wait, but I guess it is more efficient for everyone to turn up at 07:30 so couldn't be helped. I've put 3 stars for same sex accommodation, because we did share a room with members of the opposite sex - this didn't bother me, but it might upset some people. Overall a good experience. One thing i would mention - nothing to do with the nursing care.....I drive pass the hospital quite a lot and often notice people (assuming staff) sitting around near the entrance in groups ....smoking!! - not the best advertisement for a hospital - perhaps a shelter away from the entrance?? or encourage them to give up!! :-))

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 29 April 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Life Savers

I just had a triple bypass surgery and I was amazed by the service they have provided. From top levels to ground level, all staffs were excellent. I could see they were very busy but they always provided me a the very best care & service.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

E. Jacobs gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Chest surgery - Ward 16

Can't thank all the staff involved in my care enough.

When I was admitted I was introduced to all the people involved in my care. I had everything I needed to know explained to me and was given the opportunity to ask any questions I might have.

As a male to female transsexual I had concerns surrounding dignity and respect however I needn't have worried as all the staff were brilliant.

I,m not a big fan of general anesthetics however the theatre staff did a brilliant job of distracting me. My only small gripe and it really wasn't that much of issue was that the lift was out of order on the way to theatre so I had to walk past the main reception and waiting room.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 March 2015