Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Not happy with diagnosis

Visited the Dermatology department the Doctor was running an hour late, when I was eventually called in the Doctor who was a locum changed their mind about the diagnosis frequently during the consultation this contradicted earlier diagnosis from two different Doctors. I came out feeling more confused with other medication prescribed by them and not really sure what my problem is.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admitted for routine surgery

I am very grateful to the surgical staff - the best team I've ever met, while dealing with some serious medical conditions...I had a very easy and successful gallbladder removal. It turns out I had nothing to be worried about.

Nursing staff on the ward have been awesome. It has really helped to rebalance some other occasions, in other hospitals, when I haven't felt such positive regard. I usually come out of hospital amid unease - can't wait to flee - but not this time...

It's great to meet staff who care like this, and who also have extensive knowledge and clinical skills. Yes, the less-engaging staff at other hospitals were probably just as able, but they were dealing worse with understaffing and stress...It's just that this can chip away at your faith in the NHS (sadly) if you have cause to be a frequent user.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Brian Davey gave Oncology - Clinical at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in Radiotherapy Departmen

Just finished a month of radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Although the department is busy patients are made to feel that the staff know them and their condition well. On several occasions staff noticed minor problems and dealt with them before I asked, or made comments as I passed them in the corridor which showed the remembered me and how far I was into the treatment. Apart from creating a more pleasant atmosphere, this inspired confidence in the care received. It was sometimes difficult to time drinking before treatment, but staff did their best to manage the delays and to keep me informed.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Andrew underwood gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hernia op 26/07/17

Just a review of my experience yesterday I usually don't defend the NHS quite the opposite on arrival at the sal everyone was pleasant and polite,all the nurses were really pleasant. The surgical team explained everything pleasantly and politely. The porter who wheeled me to theatre put me at ease. The whole theatre team were great recovery nurses were so pleasant and cheerful and everyone on ward 15 were extremely pleasant and nothing was to much trouble even though they were understaffed yesterday. Thanks very much

fred reviewed Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital

fantastic

Fantastic dedicated staff that have to work extra hard due to staff shortage , clean tidy ward I was in ward 26 . One big drawback !!! The food is absolutely disgusting , would get better food from a food bank . Meat processed potatoes powder veg canned no nutritional value at all

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiology xray

As I was anxious about parking,I attended early for a 1.50 appointment. Despite the fact that one machine had broken and staff were working under pressure,I was seen promptly and was back in my car by 2oclock

Anonymous gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

SAL lounge waiting times

I've had three trips and the waiting times are not acceptable. Today, I've been here for seven hours. Last time was the same.
Staff are excellent in general but these wairibf times are a disgrace.

It's a shame that the hospital fails on something so simple.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No examination so no action and no diagnosis!

Partner referred from GP for biopsy after eleven months of ineffective treatment - biopsy not taken as was told the result would be normal skin. Partner only said the next day in passing that the consultant didn't carry out an examination so was only looking at undamaged skin on top of foot. The underneath of the foot behind the toes and in between the toes is the problematic area but wasn't looked at and patient didn't even question the consultant presuming they knew what they were doing! How can they if they don't get the patient up on a bed and do a proper examination? I am upset that still no answers for treatment have been found and angry that I wasted a day off work and wasted two hours travelling, plus toll bridge fees because we were told that another driver would be needed after a biopsy. Sleepless nights of burning continue. What should we do next please?

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Alan Dutton gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cancerous Prostate removal via 'Da Vinci' methodology

From initial telephone discussion with administration to confirm appointments, through detail risk discussions with my surgeon concerning options and alternatives and then admission on to Ward 15, all members of staff inside the ward and those associated with the process were superb in terms of attitude, communication, support and caring. I was advised that any problems could be discussed at any time after discharge. An unfortunate infection was dealt with by re-admission one hour after my phone call which discussed symptoms and a treatment regime but in place with my subsequent discharge 36hours later.

Exactly the same comments can be made of Ward 12 with aftercare and equipment removal two weeks after the operation.

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and organisation. Any potential patient in the future who acquires the label of having cancer and requiring an operation will, based on my experience, be in very capable and safe hands. I cannot say more than a heartfelt thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 July 2017

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

first class

From initial consultation they worked with me to find a solution to my severe endometriosis, respecting my wishes to retain my womb and ovaries. Surgeon, anaesthetist, nurses, other staff the whole team were brilliant. At surgery they managed to avoid the thing i was most worried about - the gas which stays in the body afterwards causing incredible pain in the shoulders, it just didn't happen, i don't know how they did it but I am so grateful. No rush to leave next day but equally they were happy and prepared for me to leave once i was ready. Given me everything i need to take home and i'm recovering well. First class NHS from start to finish.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 11 June 2017