Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Teresa Richardson gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding consultant and staff

I had a nephrectomy which was completed by my surgeon who was fantastic from day one as was the full team of staff, they made me feel very at ease from the moment I walked in on morning of my operation to the moment of leaving, this was completed on the 2/7/16 and the surgeon was so lovely and talked me the whole way through explaining any questions and concerns I had, they made me relax and by the time I got to the theatre I was calm and ready to have my operation, afterwards the staff at castle hill really looked after me and my every need, I cannot thank them enough, the nurses really went out of there way to care for me and I thank them so very much on ward 15, I am now in recovery and slightly sore but am looking forward to a new life free from pain so thankyou all and to anyone undergoing care there you will be well looked after. Teresa Richardson

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 06 July 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Vicki barnett gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Early appointment at EN T

My visit to the ENT dept was made friendly by the staff and I was seen by a professional ,friendly and thorough doctor. One particular person on reception was very helpful and went to further lengths to help me with my questions.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

keith duckworth gave Lung cancer services at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

just great thankyou all at the cancer department

Thank you very much my care was just the best . I hope i am better but i would come back to your hospital .once again thankyou. Keith

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 22 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Oncology team.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Michael Chester gave Infectious Diseases at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Simply the best

I have nothing but praise for ward 20 the staff were of the best quality you could wish for. They always greeted you with a smile and with a very professional manner. I have no hesitation in recommending this ward as a shining example and all that is good about the NHS.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 25 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anthony McKenna gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Treatment and Care

I was rushed into Castle Hill as an emergency on Monday 13th and had a temporary pacemaker fitted in the Cath Lab. The doctor on duty and the staff were very reassuring and professional. I was then transferred to the CMU ward and again the care and treatment was exceptional. I would like to thank the nurses that were involved in looking after me in particular one nurse on Nights, and two on days, Despite being very busy they were always attentive and cheerful.
I had a pacemaker fitted on the Wednesday and again the treatment was excellent. I would like to thank the consultant and their support team. Everything was explained clearly throughout the procedure and allayed any worries and concerns that I had.
Many Thanks again and you should all be very proud of your hospital.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 26 June 2016

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treated with respect

Felt very looked after during a short out patient day surgery visit.
Was looked after by nurses and made to feel at home.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

Eddie beaumont gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment and Staff

I was admitted to the cardiac out patients depth, On arrival I was met with a friendly smile and polite staff the nurse who looked after me though out the morning was at all times reassuring, and constantly checked that I felt ok. On discharge the nurse explained all aspects of the procedure and who best to care when I got home. Many thanks to all the staff.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 28 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

ROBERT APPLETON gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was on ward 27 had valve replacement

add my valve replacement on the 8.06.16 was quite nervous but all the staff on ward 27 help me get through it thank you. And to the member of staff in Icu.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 29 June 2016

Leah Simpson gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was in Room 9 Ward 9 from June 8 for a little over two weeks had my Operation the day I went in. Cannot fault anything. The care and attention I received was 1st class. Nothing was to much much trouble and they made me feel so special. Thank you. X

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

Mickskinn reviewed Castle Hill Hospital

A year waiting for an injection A JOKE

I had a appointment to see a Orthopedic consultant in January 16 but was on a cardio ward but was not allowed to go down to the appointment although I was awaiting discharge ward staff cancelled the appointment,my next appointment was was in March but was back in the cardio dept with an infection,got to see the consultant in May and was told I would get an appointment in two to four weeks I have had to put my cardio rehab on fold since march and today was told I my get an appointment for my treatment in September !!!!! So much for the Military Covenant

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 July 2016