Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Michael Chester gave Infectious Diseases at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Simply the best

I have nothing but praise for ward 20 the staff were of the best quality you could wish for. They always greeted you with a smile and with a very professional manner. I have no hesitation in recommending this ward as a shining example and all that is good about the NHS.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 25 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anthony McKenna gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Treatment and Care

I was rushed into Castle Hill as an emergency on Monday 13th and had a temporary pacemaker fitted in the Cath Lab. The doctor on duty and the staff were very reassuring and professional. I was then transferred to the CMU ward and again the care and treatment was exceptional. I would like to thank the nurses that were involved in looking after me in particular one nurse on Nights, and two on days, Despite being very busy they were always attentive and cheerful.
I had a pacemaker fitted on the Wednesday and again the treatment was excellent. I would like to thank the consultant and their support team. Everything was explained clearly throughout the procedure and allayed any worries and concerns that I had.
Many Thanks again and you should all be very proud of your hospital.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 26 June 2016

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treated with respect

Felt very looked after during a short out patient day surgery visit.
Was looked after by nurses and made to feel at home.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

Eddie beaumont gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment and Staff

I was admitted to the cardiac out patients depth, On arrival I was met with a friendly smile and polite staff the nurse who looked after me though out the morning was at all times reassuring, and constantly checked that I felt ok. On discharge the nurse explained all aspects of the procedure and who best to care when I got home. Many thanks to all the staff.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 28 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

ROBERT APPLETON gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was on ward 27 had valve replacement

add my valve replacement on the 8.06.16 was quite nervous but all the staff on ward 27 help me get through it thank you. And to the member of staff in Icu.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 29 June 2016

Leah Simpson gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was in Room 9 Ward 9 from June 8 for a little over two weeks had my Operation the day I went in. Cannot fault anything. The care and attention I received was 1st class. Nothing was to much much trouble and they made me feel so special. Thank you. X

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

keith duckworth gave Lung cancer services at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

just great thankyou all at the cancer department

Thank you very much my care was just the best . I hope i am better but i would come back to your hospital .once again thankyou. Keith

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 22 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Oncology team.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Martyn Wilkins gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent clinical practice delivered with care

I attended Castle Hill Day Surgery Unit 3 under the care of the Trauma and Orthopaedic Team on the 6th of May for surgery on my hand. A visit a week prior was arranged for pre assessment and besides the usual swabs, I was given lots of information on what to expect on the day and my individual needs were noted (I have a disability). A singular issue re stopping a medication was outstanding and the Nurse checked with the Dr and rang me at home the next working day to confirm cessation.

I duly arrived for the procedure and received warm welcome, clear information on what would happen and I was offered support with dressing/undressing needs due to my disability. Although the clinical staffs was very thorough and professional, they were keen to check on your well-being and any requirements that you may have, leaving me feeling very comfortable and confident regarding the procedure and the fact that I was being treated with dignity and as an individual.

A big thank you to all the staff on Day Surgery Unit 3, you are a credit to Castle Hill Hospital and to the NHS.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 12 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Day Surgery Unit 3 team at CHH.

Sarah Stonier gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appointment at Outpatients

I arrived for my appointment 5 minutes early and I was called forward within 4 minutes and was seen 2 minutes later. Brilliant consultant and very happy with my information as I need a new hip. Now on the waiting list which is long but that's fine.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 12 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Orthopaedic Outpatient team.

john bartlett gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

operation appointment

7,30 appointment to have crt pacer fitted to be told on arrival that its been taken by some one else ,I have had no phone call or letter to tell me that this was or had happened .the problem is I have made all the arrangement's for work so now I am losing 4 weeks money and no way I can alter it and to be told they have no idea when this opp is going to happen , I don't think it is good enough

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 12 May 2016

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in Cardiology. We will ensure your comments are shared with the Cardiology team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk. They will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.