Castle Hill Hospital

Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scanning

Had an appointment for an MRI scan today and I was nervous on arrival. The lady in reception was welcoming and lovely. The nurse who called me to be seen explained everything fantastically and even when I got upset she calmed me down wonderfully and was just calming and lovely. In the room the lady operating the scanner was also lovely and calming. Again everything was explained fully and I was made to feel as calm as possible. Really impressed with the staff, my appointment was on time and over and done with quickly.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 20 February 2015

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My brother was admitted to castle hill on Thursday 19th February. He had an heart attack at just 28 years old. The team on CICU1 where amazing. I can not thank everyone enough for the outstanding care they have given to my brother. He had one to one care from the moment he arrived. All the staff should be so proud of the fantastic job they do on a daily basis. They work long hours yet still have so much time for the family and friends. My brother has now been transferred to Newcastle where I'm positive he will be in great hands. Thank you once again to each and every one of you for everything you have done.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

Liz gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the treatment I received today when I had to attend for an MRI scan. As soon as I arrived one of the nurses saw me and explained everything that was going to happen. I was feeling nervous and didn't know what to expect but all the nurses I saw made me feel at ease and comfortable. All of the staff were lovely and kind and explained everything really clearly. Thank you.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 26 February 2015

milly gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

caring hospital

I attended castle hill hospital for a carpel tunnel operation and from the booking in staff nurses operating theater staff and surgeon I was treated with care and respect I cannot fault the staff they were all wonderful and really made me feel at ease keep up your excellent work castle hill and thank you.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 31 January 2015

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 06 February 2015

Dear Milly, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.
If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.
For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.
If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.
Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Gillian Gundry gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Experience of a recent stay at Castle Hill

I came to Ward 9 at Castle Hill on 14th January to have an ankle replacement operation. I was impressed by the whole of the medical staff that I encountered in my stay. They were kind, helpful and several members when over and above expectations. Good work.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 February 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Keith Landen gave Geriatric Medicine at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very Well Done

My elderly Mum was recently admitted to Castle Hill Hospital with aspiration pneumonia. She received excellent treatment from all the staff..

I came a long distance to visit and the staff were extremely cooperative with visiting times and encouraged me to help feed Mum at meal times.

The young cleaning person appreciated being thanked for her work.

The password system of telephoning direct to the ward worked brilliantly.

Thank you.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

christine whittaker gave Diagnostic Physiological Measurement at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS at it's best !!!

I attended an MRI scan on Saturday 10/01/15. I was terrified after previous horrendous experience. I was to have both eye orbits scanned and knew this would involve a) keeping still and b) being put into a tunnel type device. I was so terrified that my GP gave me diazepam in the run up. What I didn't share with the excellent two staff, one nurse and one radiographer concerned was that I, myself, had been a nurse for 33 years and during that obtained RN level I and an hons degree in Nursing studies. In the past I have unfortunately found the NHS lacking in some respects but these two staff have restored my faith in the NHS.
They showed me kindness, respect, empathy and gave me the courage to have the scan done with repeats !!!! Their real quality was they talked to me and gave me the confidence I needed to undergo this procedure. They showed me that there are people in the NHS that really care for people and I can't thank them enough. I sincerely hope this message is shared with them from a very grateful patient Christine Whittaker 10/01/15 MRI scan of both eye orbits (Above and beyond - well done!!!)

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 11 January 2015

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 06 February 2015

Dear Christine, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.

Nick Westwood gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy

The nursing staff were excellent,from booking in to departure nothing but praise. All were sympathetic to patients and understanding in their nature. High praise to the consultant carrying out the procedure. No discomfort throughout.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 14 January 2015

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 06 February 2015

Dear Nick, Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.

Anonymous gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appointment Procedure

Very poor appointment service

After waiting for a while following a GP referral, I received a very ill-worded letter offering an appointment weeks away. Telephone number - 01482 604444 - is engaged continually so no opportunity to speak to a person. That said, they must receive thousands of calls. The Consultant is not listed as a member of the Urology Team but apparently heads a team of Doctors. He is not listed as a Doctor. If this is a 'service' I cannot see how the letters and engaged telephone numbers and lack of information equate to this claim. Initial impression of this NHS facility is very poor.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 07 January 2015

Castle Hill Hospital replied on 06 February 2015

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware.
If you would like to discuss this matter further with us, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk . or contact the patient experience team on (01482) 675189 where we would be more than happy to help.
For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on telephone number (01482) 675165.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exceptional staff

My mum is at present ward 19 at castlehill and although I dont do many reviews I felt I had to as the staff are wonderful and cant do enough for you,they treat all the patients with respect dignity and always with a smile no matter how busy they are, they are making a very difficult time for myself an my family as easy as they possibly can, huge thanks to all the staff on this ward.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 20 December 2014