Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Steve Hamlett gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Diagnosis and Treatment for Prostate Cancer

After being referred to Castle Hill I would like to say the help and treatment I received from the staff has been fantastic.The nurses were friendly and cheerful, the consultant was very professional asking what your thoughts were and together making the decision for the best way forward.After choosing to have Robotic Prostatectomy I went into hospital and had the operation.Everyone from the nurses,porters,Aneathatist to the Consultant were brilliant,when telling a friend of mine he asked me if I had gone private,that's how good the service was.Well Done Castle Hill and Ward 15.Steve and Nicky Hamlett

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Sue gave Colorectal cancer services at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonscopy

I had a Colonscopy and was very frightened to say the least I think anyone would be but on arrival at the Endoscopy ward was made at ease and had the colonoscopy done by a lovely dr. I wouldn't hesitate really to have another but hope I never have to have another. The staff were wonderful and can't thank them enough for their professionalism and efficient ward. They explained everything to me and gave me a lot of dignity having the procedure done. Thank you very much.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 August 2016

Teresa Richardson gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding consultant and staff

I had a nephrectomy which was completed by my surgeon who was fantastic from day one as was the full team of staff, they made me feel very at ease from the moment I walked in on morning of my operation to the moment of leaving, this was completed on the 2/7/16 and the surgeon was so lovely and talked me the whole way through explaining any questions and concerns I had, they made me relax and by the time I got to the theatre I was calm and ready to have my operation, afterwards the staff at castle hill really looked after me and my every need, I cannot thank them enough, the nurses really went out of there way to care for me and I thank them so very much on ward 15, I am now in recovery and slightly sore but am looking forward to a new life free from pain so thankyou all and to anyone undergoing care there you will be well looked after. Teresa Richardson

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 06 July 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Vicki barnett gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Early appointment at EN T

My visit to the ENT dept was made friendly by the staff and I was seen by a professional ,friendly and thorough doctor. One particular person on reception was very helpful and went to further lengths to help me with my questions.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Michael Chester gave Infectious Diseases at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Simply the best

I have nothing but praise for ward 20 the staff were of the best quality you could wish for. They always greeted you with a smile and with a very professional manner. I have no hesitation in recommending this ward as a shining example and all that is good about the NHS.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 25 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anthony McKenna gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Treatment and Care

I was rushed into Castle Hill as an emergency on Monday 13th and had a temporary pacemaker fitted in the Cath Lab. The doctor on duty and the staff were very reassuring and professional. I was then transferred to the CMU ward and again the care and treatment was exceptional. I would like to thank the nurses that were involved in looking after me in particular one nurse on Nights, and two on days, Despite being very busy they were always attentive and cheerful.
I had a pacemaker fitted on the Wednesday and again the treatment was excellent. I would like to thank the consultant and their support team. Everything was explained clearly throughout the procedure and allayed any worries and concerns that I had.
Many Thanks again and you should all be very proud of your hospital.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 26 June 2016

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treated with respect

Felt very looked after during a short out patient day surgery visit.
Was looked after by nurses and made to feel at home.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

Eddie beaumont gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment and Staff

I was admitted to the cardiac out patients depth, On arrival I was met with a friendly smile and polite staff the nurse who looked after me though out the morning was at all times reassuring, and constantly checked that I felt ok. On discharge the nurse explained all aspects of the procedure and who best to care when I got home. Many thanks to all the staff.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 28 June 2016

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

ROBERT APPLETON gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was on ward 27 had valve replacement

add my valve replacement on the 8.06.16 was quite nervous but all the staff on ward 27 help me get through it thank you. And to the member of staff in Icu.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 29 June 2016

Leah Simpson gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was in Room 9 Ward 9 from June 8 for a little over two weeks had my Operation the day I went in. Cannot fault anything. The care and attention I received was 1st class. Nothing was to much much trouble and they made me feel so special. Thank you. X

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016