Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Clive Ashton gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiology

Taken in to ward 26 following minor heart attack.Excellent treatment from all the staff, ward kept spotlessly clean, food fresh, hot, tasty, on time.Angioplasty carried out quickly & efficiently, keeping me well informed. Could not fault anything, can't imagine a better hospital anywhere.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Mark Smith gave Urology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 15 and Staff

My second stay in this hospital. Initial impressions are of friendliness, compassion and excellent clinical care. I have experience of hospitals in all sectors and Ward 15 equals the best. Incredibly hard working staff at every level and and a willingness to go the extra mile in providing outstanding care. It would be unfair to comment about individual staff and there is no need as all work so well.
My only problems were with waiting times in the Admission Lounge and these could probably be solved if the managers realised that the staff are only human.
My concern is that someone will fail to realise that this is a successful hospital which deserves to be cherished and decide to weaken its strong points so that it becomes uniformly average.
The staff do not deserve this. They need to feel appreciated and we should be proud of our hospital,

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 17 March 2017

Sarah Docherty gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 28

I was taken into ward 28 as an emergency and the staff were brilliant Keeping myself and family informed The ward was very clean and meals always hot and on time nothing was to much effort for anyone

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital

Impossible to contact anyone

I'm trying to contact someone in the Chest Pain Clinic to cancel appointment for tomorrow. I have been ringing constantly for about half an hour and no one ever picks up the phone. The reception desk refuses to take a message and you don't have an e-mail address I can use. Absolute disgrace.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Adrian Clark gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent friendly staff

I was on Ward 27 for 4 days and I was very impressed with the care and friendliness of all the staff on the ward.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First Class!

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2016 and after MRI it was decided mastectomy was the best option. I stayed overnight on Ward 16 and the care i received was outstanding! It was like being in a private hospital. Every single member of staff were kind, caring, friendly and my dignity was respected at all times. I have had a successful operation with no further treatment required other than daily tablets - having breast cancer is a scary diagnosis but once you have come to terms with it and your treatment plan is in place, with the wonderful care from these overstretched staff i am now smiling again. Thank you

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Terrim gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ASD closure by catheter

Less than a year ago I was referred to investigate a heart murmur. This turned out to be a hole in my heart the size of a pound coin! There followed numerous tests to gather information and then I was admitted to cardiac day ward on 22nd February and discharged the next day after successful closure. I cannot begin to say how excellent the care and support I have received has been. I was kept informed of outcomes and possible resolutions at every stage. Before the procedure I was given the chance to go over this again with any other questions that had occurred to me. The staff on the ward were brilliant so supporting and caring. The doctors, nurses and technicians in the Cath lab deserve every praise and my thanks. Their knowledge and efficiency have led to my successful closure and I am sure speedy recovery.
The only thing I would say is that although closure by catheter is a procedure seldom carried out it would be useful to have leaflets which outline the procedure and follow up. Although I had plenty of time to discuss things you cannot always remember when you get home even when you have someone with you.
Thank you to everyone. I felt informed and supported throughout and already much better.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 26 February 2017

Colin Williams gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pretty open appointment.

I was sent to castle hill from mablethorpe in Lincolnshire,first to speak to the neurosurgeon with reference to a neck problem, I found the whole team to be very professional, they explained my problem in an easygoing no messing way and they gave me the option for surgery if I wanted after agreeing a preoperative appointment was made, the previous op nurse was very nice we had some minor glitches which they sorted out very efficiently and I am now looking forward to an admission date in the near future and if the team that runs the actual surgical procedures are as nice as the preop / outpatients team, I'm sure my stay will be a good experience.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Martyn Wilkins gave Immunology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excelllent Dr's, Nurses, Staff and Hospital

Attended immunology O/P today for follow up, which is in the Oncology Centre. I always feel that the Oncology Centre has a very positive and welcoming atmosphere. Lovely welcome at O/P reception, seen by Dr who was simply lovely, listened, provided me with detailed information regarding my results and proposed medication change and follow up, rarely have I felt so positive regarding a consultation. On the way out in reception, clinical staff had various stalls regarding the work of the unit and promoting care and dignity on the Wards and specific conditions i.e. Lung cancer and its care. Discussion was encouraged by cakes and treats and it was really interesting to find out about the values staff are implementing on the wards. In my eyes Castle Hill is an excellent hospital with dedicated NHS staff, which I very much appreciate.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 February 2017

Alex gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great attitude, professionalism, dignity and respect ENT

Perfect staff on all levels. Great accommodation and food. Anestetics specialist did everything spot on, I didn't felt how I fell asleep, woke up smoothly and was on my feet after under one hour. Operation of over one and a half hours felt like 10 seconds to me, not exagerating.
My nose is still swollen and sore, but I already feel that there is no more pressure on my sinus tissues. Pressure from my eyes is gone, I feel that i can open my eyes wider and rotate them freely and at greater angles. Pressure and pain from my forehead is gone. And that is just one day after operation! I'm still to expirience breathing properly trough my nose after my packing will come out. And I'm pretty sure that crusting of mucus inside my nose is also over. Today my life quality improved drastically, thank you all.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 February 2017