Castle Hill Hospital

Address: Castle Road, Cottingham, HU16 5JQ
Website: http://www.hey.nhs.uk

Mary Ventress gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A great experience!

I visited the pre-assessment unit on 21st August 2014. From the time I entered the hospital, I was dealt with in a polite and extremely pleasant manner. I was treated with the utmost respect and dignity. I felt that I really mattered and staff in each dept I needed to visit were so kind and helpful. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised at the lengths staff went to to reassure me and answer my questions. The person in the pre-assessment unit was extremely professional yet approachable and so kind and helpful. She made me laugh. It was a wonderful experience and not the traumatic one I was expecting at all. Thank you to all of you. Keep up the good work. You are amazing!!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 24 August 2014

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Lack of Information.

I am leaving this review on behalf of my Mother who is as I type waiting for her discharge after 5 days on ward 21 Castle Hill Hospital. She has to wait as apparently the pharmacy are still processing her drugs,so having waited all day she is faced with the prospect of spending yet another night in Hospital? She is very frail at 92 yrs of age ,has been very disorientated owing to being unwell,has said the nursing staff are "Run Ragged",the patients are never given information as to their treatment/condition, and the whole experience has been a nightmare! Because I live over an hour away with no transport I have found visiting difficult,but have rung each day for an update,asked for my messages to be passed onto her,none of which have been ! I had to approach the nurse in charge yesterday for information,as my Mother knew nothing at all and my Mothers,s brain is very much alive and well! Is this happening as these patients are elderly and consequently treated with indifference,if so this is disgraceful. I am an ex nurse,so am aware how to treat the elderly in these situations. I would hate my Mother to have to experience this again and will be speaking to her GP at the earliest opportunity.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

gordon gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

i am writing about the care of my wife

my wife sylvia bradley was admitted to ward 31on the 2nd of august with terminal pancreatic cancer and died on the 9th .I would like to thank all the staff from top to bottom for the excellent care and kindness shown to her and the family at a difficult time. I will be in your debt for ever yours gordon bradley. The care she received from the start in February to her death in august through all departments was first class

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 15 August 2014

Anonymous reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Castle Hill Hospital

Smoking

I have a relative I am visiting daily on ward 22. It's a respiratory ward. Just outside is a small seating area which can only be described as as one big ashtray. Cigaret packets and butts litter the floor and flower tubs. Patients and visitors are smoking in this area.some patients are sitting out side smoking whilst hooked up to oxygen tank. My relative is confined to bed and is a non smoker but the smoke from patients and visitors blows into the room.
I do not understand why this is allowed or tolerated.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 15 August 2014

😃 gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing staff, amazing care

I have taken my mother in for numerous breast cancer care and issues and have always been treated with the very best intentions by the very best in the uk!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

care

If I was told to go into this hospital after the way my family was treated by some of the staff Iwould rather suffer and as for tge consultant no chance of any ssupport rude and stuck up. I hope he goes through the process of being in a nhs hospital

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 08 August 2014

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Margaret Normington reviewed Allergy services in hospital at Castle Hill Hospital

i sneeze and have a runny nose for 8 months of the year,

My hay fever and dust mite allergies are so bad that I have to let my nose drip into a box of tissues while sneezing my head off and my eyes water so much I look as if Im crying.
.I asked my doctors for three years!! to allow me to be de-sensitised. He refused on the grounds that they didn't believe in de sensitising practices.
I changed Drs and after 1 year with this DR and turning up box in hand dripping sneezing and eyes watering. I was finally put on the very long waiting list; nearly 1 year.
I finally got my appointment and was then kept waiting for 4 hours!!!!I before given blood tests. When I returned to see the specialist 6 weeks later (only had to wait 2 hours this time), the specialist refused me desensitisation on the grounds that on the day of my appointment I was strangely well. The medicines that the specialist prescribed do not work and Im back to dripping and sneezing. I am 64 year old but I am otherwise fit
Margaret Normington

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 07 August 2014

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ACL surgery

I went into Castle Hill Hospital for a second acl operation on my left knee after an earlier failure. I can highly rate my consultant and anesthetist who were great at calming the nerves before surgery and explaining the procedure. Once I came round from surgery the staff were excellent being very friendly and helpful. All in all I would highly rate my experiences whilst staying at Castle Hill.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Quality of care on Ward 16

I was admitted to Ward 16 to have surgery for breast cancer. I immediately noticed how clean the ward was. During my short stay all the staff (consultants, doctors, sisters, staff nurses, student nurses,health care assistants, technicians etcetera) were extremely kind, caring and compassionate and there was a good atmosphere on this ward. I feel extremely grateful to be living in a country where this surgery is available and I am recovering well after my operation. Members of the public do not always understand how hard nurses work, how much pressure they are under and how much form-filling they have to do. Thank you to everyone on Ward 16 - your efforts have been appreciated, keep up the good work that you are doing.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 16 July 2014

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

matthew cost gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ward 16

my name is matt i have been on ward 16 for 5 weeks now i have undergone approx15 hours surgery to remove cancer from my neck .the staff are so kind and caring realy make you feel at home mite sound daft but i will be sorry to go home i cant say how good they all are 13/7/2014

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 July 2014