Royal Hallamshire Hospital

0114 271 1900 Glossop Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF

Michelle gave Surgery - Breast at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A positive experience at breast screening

My visit was to the breast screening unit, I arrived early with my husband. After registering we went straight through to the waiting room and within minutes I was being seen by a doctor. The doctor even took the time to welcome my husband and shook his hand.
There were several procedures following that and each time I was put at ease by a support worker, the doctor and even a student. I was informed of what was happening throughout and my comfort and dignity were priority at all times. Examination, mammogram, ultra sound and core biopsy, finally a brief consultation was performed in under 2 hours. A huge thanks to all involved for making a worrying experience a calm and friendly one without compromising professionalism.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 September 2017

Dear Michelle,
Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind and positive words will mean a great deal to the staff involved as they do strive to provide high quality care and treatment, to support people and put them at ease wherever possible. They will really appreciate and be encouraged by your feedback.
With thanks and all best wishes

Holly Des Bois gave Surgery - Breast at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast Cancer

I have recently moved to Sheffield from the south of England and was concerned that with this being a large city, the facilities might be stretched.

I was frankly delighted at my visit to the surgical outpatients department today. I was being advised on the likelihood of developing breast cancer considering my family history.

The GP was warm, professional and a delight to speak to. I didn't get the impression they were hurried and was completely focused on our conversation.

Everyone I spoke to in the hospital was friendly and helpful. A great place, well done to all.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 September 2017

Dear Holly
Thank you for leaving feedback and for your kind and positive words which will mean a great deal to our staff. It is great to know you had a good experience as this is what we strive for.
With thanks and best wishes

Ian Gill gave Urology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding.

I visited Urology outpatients on September 6th.
This proved to be my final visit as I was signed off.
My visits commenced in April 2014 when I was referred for your specialist care as I needed a urethraplasty.
From the moment if my first consultation, and over the last three and a half years, I have remained in awe of what the team did for me and will never forget.
Everyone within your Urology Dept. has been so friendly, helpful and caring and, from a rather desperate position back in 2014, their work and follow up checks has put me back to normal..
I know now how fortunate I was to be referred to the Hallamshire after two other hospitals realised that the work needed was particularly complex and needed a true specialist to sort the problem out
I have nothing but praise for all your staff and, send my most sincere thanks to everyone.
You are wonderful people.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 September 2017

Dear Ian,
Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind and positive words will mean a great deal to the staff involved and they will be very encouraged by them. It is great to hear you have now been able to be discharged and that your experience was good throughout.
With thanks and best wishes

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Stereotactic Surgery

My husband was referred to The Royal Hallamshire from Belfast where he received stereotactic surgery for a brain AVM. The staff were absolutely lovely who made us both feel relaxed and well taken care of. They kept us well informed in every aspect of his treatment and nothing was too much trouble. The hospital building is clean and spacious and even though very large it is well signed and easy to find your way around. Excellent!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback. The staff concerned will be very pleased to receive your kind and positive words, it will mean a great deal to them as they do strive to provide high quality care and treatment. It is great to know that you had a good experience at our hospital during what must have been a very anxious time for you both.
With thanks and all best wishes for your husband's continued recovery

Sam hess gave Minor injuries unit at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care!

I went to the minor injuries unit following a fall onto my wrist.
I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who booked me in efficiently,
Within 15mins I was called in to see the nurse who checked me out and recommend an xray which I had immediately, no waiting around,
The xray tech was friendly and got the job done In no time.
Waited about 5mins for the result which indicated I needed a splint.
5mins after that I was out!

Very friendly and efficient care given, couldn't have been better!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 September 2017

Dear Sam
Thank you for leaving feedback. The staff at the Minor Injuries Unit will really appreciate receiving your kind and positive words and they do strive to provide a high quality and efficient service.
With thanks and kind regards

Julie Chambers gave Ophthalmology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

What a fabulous team

'I was extremely apprehensive but the care, thoughtfulness and consideration I received was above all of my expectations. My consultant and the team were beyond brilliant. I usually use the private sector with regards to my health but I couldn't of been in better hands. Thank you for taking such good care of me. Quite simply the best !!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.

John Rider gave Dermatology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

At ease throughout

Attended the hospital for an initial consultation regarding a lesion on forehead. One consultant was unavailable leaving the only remaining consultant responsible for seeing all the patients with appointments for the day. Naturally I was seen late but nevertheless Dr Story spent some time with me explaining the procedure for dealing with my situation.
My appointment for the minor operation arrived without undue delay. I was seen by a doctor prior to the operation who put me at ease immediately. During the entire process I was asked more than once if I felt comfortable with their colleague also keeping me calm throughout.
Following the operation I received a letter from the doctor with my results which fortunately were encouraging. My grateful thanks are sent to everyone concerned at the Hospital.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Royal Hallamshire Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Wait is ridiculous

I was given an emergency referral by my gp who promised I wouldnt have to wait long. 1 month later, in constant pain each day I still hadn't received an appointment through and had to chase it myself.

I have had to go weekly for the last two months. The first three weeks I had incorrect treatment and it wasn't until a different consultant saw me three weeks after my first appointment that I was started on appropriate treatment. I tried to stay under this consultant but had to chop and change constantly as there aren't any appointments available.

Then my notes were lost on one of my nurse appointments and I was waiting an hour and half to be seen. The nurse told me I'd need to see a consultant the following week but there weren't any appointments so I had to wait another fortnight.

Pretty much every time I went they were running well over an hour late. Some staff were amazing some were terrible it was complete inconsistency. I would recommend Hallamshire ENT and would try a different hospital if possible.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 September 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback and I am really sorry that your experience has not been a good one. If you would like us to look into this further please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Services Team to provide more details. You can do this by emailing them at [pst@sth.nhs.uk](mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk) or by calling them on 0114 271 2400.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Best care ever

Was seen promptly, super nice staff, thorough examination and excellent advice, even got a second opinion, sample taken straight away, could not ask for more.
Thank you!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback. It is great to know you had a positive experience and your kind words will mean a great deal to the staff concern, as they do strive to provide high quality care and treatment. They will be very encouraged.

angela gave Orthopaedics at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

othopedic

i was on ward f1 having had left hip replacment every think about my stay was exerlent the staff the way i was treated could not be any better thank you

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Dear Angela
Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind words will mean a great deal to the staff involved as they do strive to provide high quality care and treatment. They will be very encouraged to receive this.
With thanks and best wishes for your recovery