Charing Cross Hospital

020 3311 1234 Fulham Palace Road , London, W6 8RF

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Horrible, avoid!

Just out of there after a 2-3 hour wait. Didn't get seen to despite 111 saying should get ambulance. Didn't instead walked in just to be ignored with a possible skull fracture. Told receptionist will leave as been a long wait and am quite sleepy and they just shrugged, didn't ask my name or what I was in for. Tomorrow will try going somewhere else, hopefully I wake up without complications. Thankfully this is my second time only here. First time around had a broken arm and they placed me in a cast in the wrong position so needed a lot more physio to be able to stretch it out later. My own fault for returning to this awful uncaring place really. My advice avoid unless you are unconscious and cannot give your concent.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 04 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is extremely concerned about your comments you have posted on NHS choices. We would like to apologise for your experiences using the Accident and Emergency department at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience in this department. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would like to be able to look into this matter on your behalf. We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Sue Cooper gave GP services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you

A quick note to say thank you for seeing me in the walk in centre at such short notice on the eve of Thursday 4th May. I was in pain and feeling quite poorly from a chest and ear infection, and didn't really know what to do with myself!

I was seen very quickly, looked after by a lovely doctors and give antibiotics and pain killers which did the trick very quickly.

Thanks very much (I don't think it's said enough).

Sue

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 08 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the GP Walk in Service at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Anonymous gave Bowel cancer service at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Impressed with endoscopy dept

I was very impressed with all the nursing staff running the bowel screening program at this hospital. They were all very friendly, informative, patient and above all kind. I am myself a nurse of thirty years experience and was very happy with the service offered in this unit. The NHS at its best!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital has not yet replied.

Christopher james gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Had me waiting for 2 and half hours for short meeting

I came for appointment at 10:10am didn't get seen to 12:30. It was only a short meeting aswell.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital has not yet replied.

Karlito gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Injury to finger from Cut Throat Razor

I work in a luxury grooming shop and after lacerating my finger I had to come to A and E yesterday Sunday morning at approx 05.30hrs.
There was an aggressive man in the foyer who had to be refused by police for being aggressive. There was about 5 or 6 reception staff behind the desk and hardly any nurses on duty. All the reception staff were stood more than an hour watching this man being arrested. It's a total waste of taxpayers money. I had to wait for hours to be seen and everyone was complaining about the long waiting times.
It would be better use of taxpayers money if they cut down the number of reception staff and increased the number of nurses. The department was not even busy. It took me nearly fours hours for my treatment to be completed. This is a disgrace. Absolutely terrible.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

sunshine gave Surgery - Breast at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you so much everyone who looked after me.

I would like to thank everyone the surgeons, doctors, anaesthetists, nurses and all helpers at Charing Cross when I had breast surgery last week. I am so grateful to the amazing kindness, caring and dedication of the whole team I couldn't have had a better experience. Everyone works so hard and is so caring it is incredible they always had a smile, I really appreciate everyone who looked after me.
The food was lovely too the choice and quality were really good with lots of fruit and vegetables too - how can anyone complain.
Breast Services outpatients department also is always a very kind caring experience.
Thank you.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 21 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you had a good experience whilst an inpatient at Charing Cross hospital following breast surgery. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. We wish you a speedy recovery from your operation

Anonymous gave Phlebotomy services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Review of the website information

I've been referred by my GP for a blood test. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere on this or the Imperial website the times at which I can go for a blood test.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 19 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned about your feedback posted on NHS Choices. We would like to apologise for the difficulties you have experienced trying to find the opening times for phlebotomy on our website. The opening times for phlebotomy at Charing Cross hospital is: 0800-1730 Mon –Fri. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. If you need any further help please contact PALS either by email: pals@imperial.nhs.uk or by telephone: 0203 313 0088.

Deborah Greene gave Breast cancer services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Breast Clinic- cannot fault this service 10/10.

My GP was right when he said you will not get a better service if you go privately, and hereferred me to the NHS Charing Cross Breast Clinic.
I was offered an appointment within two weeks of referral, as is guaranteed.
I was seen on time, treatment rooms and equipment were clean. I saw an excellent consultant, and had a breast examination and an ultrasound ( didn't need a mammogram as I had had one recently). The radiologist was also excellent. No waiting around- a highly efficient service and a fantastic team. I left feeling confident that I had had the l best possible medical care and investigations for my situation.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 28 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the Breast Cancer Services at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Christine McCrudden gave Imaging services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great service

I have had two ultrasounds in the last few months and have had wonderful care from staff who explained everything and were friendly

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 28 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the care you received when you had your Ultrasounds done in the Imaging Department at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A&E medical staff go above and beyond!

I fell down several stairs and was unable to stand. Dialed 111, they put me in touch with a call back via a doctor who referred me to Charing Cross A&E for evaluation. Although the A&E entrance was a bit hidden, I checked in. Reception were polite, but did not go out of there way. My partner found a seat for me (which I had to have as I was unable to move myself). I was triaged after about 1hour. Then after another 2 hours the medical staff person examined me, called for an x-ray. They found a broken bone in my foot. They tried to find me an aircast/ airboot, but was unable to locate one as the A&E stock was out, so they sent me home with a fiberglass backing and crutches. I was unable to put any weight on my broken foot, thus rendering me unable to get up and down the stairs to use the toilet.
The next day I rang the A&E to inquire about the aircast and the reception connected me to a member of staff who went out of their way to locate an aircast (scouring the entire hospital, every ward and the fracture clinic). By end of day they were able to sort an aircast for me. A huge thanks to the Medical staff angels at Charing Cross - without them I would be immobile and entirely dependent upon others for critical daily functions! Thank you to them!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 07 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on NHS Choices regarding your experience in the A&E Department at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments