Charing Cross Hospital

020 3311 1234 Fulham Palace Road , London, W6 8RF

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very good experience

I went today to the A&E department to be seen by a doctor as I'm suffering from a perianal abscess. I was attended by a very nice and understanding receptionist that put me in the priority list, as I wouldn't stop bleeding and I couldn't just sit down. I waited for like 10 minutes when the registrar greeted me and offered me some painkillers. After 30 mins waiting, I went through a very gentle blood test that the nurse carried out neatly. I was then put on a trolley in a treatment room to undress and prepare myself so that the doctors would see me. A very gentle member of staff told me about my condition (which I wrongly believed was a case of piles) and had a look at it. Another member of staff put me through dripping antibiotics.Then I just waited for the doctor to come down which told me that I maybe wouldn't need any surgery but the surgeons would still need to have a look at it so I had to go to the ambulatory waiting area (this was probably the less enjoyable part) where I had to wait for about 2 h. Finally a very nice and gentle doctor saw me and told me that I needed surgery after having a look and cleaning the area. The doctor explained the procedure and gave me directions to the hospital where I'm going tomorrow. I honestly loved the staff and that's something I'm really grateful for because I am generally scared of hospitals.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 04 August 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding our Accident and Emergency Department at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Anonymous gave Urology at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Seventh floor, Northward - Urology...Amazing!

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to all of the staff who looked after my Grandad on the 7th floor North ward- Urology.

The care that they gave him was excellent. Sadly he passed away on the 12th August, but that wasn't without the fight and determination from the team to keep him alive. We just cant thank them enough even after he passed the support and care they gave us was amazing.

These nurses need to be more recommended!!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 14 August 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust would like to firstly offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your Grandfather and wish to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback at this very sad time on NHS Choices regarding your Grandfather’s care on 7 North ward at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Janet gave Urology at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Beyond excellent.

I am not actually the patient, but the mother of Ella, who had surgery on the 20th July 2017. I would just like to say that the treatment and care given to my daughter was brilliant and all the staff should be complimented for their professionalism and kindness. The surgeon is lovely, and took the time to call me after Ella's kidney surgery to say how well it had gone and she was on her way to recovery.
The nurses on the ward were gentle and understanding and her care could not have been better.
I would just like to thank all at the hospital for taking so much care of my daughter.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 03 August 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the care that your daughter received under the Urology Team at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Dennis gave Imaging services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Imaging unit

I went for an ultra sound on my urinary tract, which involves the need to have a full bladder.
Being 74 and having an enlarged prostrate it is very very difficult to maintain a full bladder. I was treated in the most polite and speedy way possible.When called in I explained my predicament and the sonographer had me on the bed and carried out the first scan with such kindness, tenderness and respect that was overwhelming. They explained every aspect of the procedure and their treatment of me was a credit to their department and the hospital in general.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 13 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in the Imaging department at Imperial College. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Terrible

Terrible experience. To begin with I waited two and half months for this appointment since I got involved in a car accident with concussion, skull fracture and major laceration. I was referred by my local GP as they think that my post concussion and conditions would be best assessed by the specialist. With an appointment, i was still required to wait for 45 minutes and just to see the doctor for 2 minutes. I was only asked two questions and the doctor was ready to discharge me. The doctor then informed me that I was not supposed to be referred to their clinic and would pass on my information to the trauma department with no guarantee that i would be seen. The doctor was disinterested in understanding my condition and problems. I was not given any advise regarding my condition or next steps to ensure I would recover fully.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 19 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wishes to apologise to you for your experience in our Neurosurgery clinic at Charing Cross Hospital. We would really like to speak to you and be able to look into this further. In the meantime I have forwarded your posting to the service manager for Neurosurgery. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can be contacted on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Ridiculously patronising

I was given an admission letter stating that I needed to be in by 8am for day surgery, now 5 hours later and I haven't been admitted or seen the consultant, just a registrar for 2 minutes. If the surgery isn't happening, or there's a delay, why not tell me, rather than be patronising and tell me to be patient, which is the worst thing that you could say to a patient.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 25 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust are concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wish to apologise for your experience with the Neurosurgery services at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. (PALS) would like to be able to look into this matter on your behalf. We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Peter. gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A&E dept 1803 hrs 5/7/17

Whilst the level of medical examination seems to be good this is let down by poor practice.
1 Nurses writing notes on paper towels.
2 Doctor writing notes on paper towel.
3 Questions being asked of patient in a public area ( corridor being used as a waiting area )
4 Doctors overruling each other in absence to the patient ( according to the Doctors)
5 A general lack of privacy ( bed screens not being closed )
6 No offer of mobility assistance either upon arrival or departure from Hospital.
( walking difficulties/back pain being reason of attendance sent by Gp )

A seeming absence of any noticeable chain of control and command structure.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 07 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wishes to apologise to you for your experience in the Accident and Emergency Department at Charing Cross Hospital. We would really like to speak to you and be able to look into this further. In the meantime I have forwarded your posting to the relevant service managers. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can be contacted on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very Good

Wonderful care in VV local anaesthetic department today ..... everything was well explained and I had complete confidence in the Doctor and the nursing staff .Annuncomfortable procedure but well managed .

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 11 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in Vascular Surgery department at Imperial College. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Anonymous gave Urology at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Urgent Urology connected opereation

Efficient and effective response to an urgent Urology issue, requiring an operation.. The consultant and their team were highly professional, supportive an communicative. Good after after care on offer including access to own nurse,

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 25 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in the Urology department at Imperial College. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Anonymous gave Breast cancer services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent

This is a review of the main breast clinic, not the breast screening service, which I haven't used and I was lucky enough to have a benign diagnosis, so can't comment so much on what it would have like to have had bad news here although I would imagine they would do it well

It was incredibly efficient, everyone was really kind and friendly, (makes so much difference) introduced themselves and explained what was to happen and it was all very fear reducing as everyone is terrified right? Had seen consultant, had mammogram, ultrasound diagnosis and treatment within less than 30 mins of my appointment time. The only thing I'd like to see is more information, especially on their website, about benign breast lumps because that is what the vast majority of the women coming here will have but the website just talks about cancer - putting the Fear into you!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 26 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in the Breast clinic at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.