Charing Cross Hospital

020 3311 1234 Fulham Palace Road , London, W6 8RF

Dilber gave Pain Management at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service at pain clinic.

I was treated very well with dignity and respect by the staff, very helpful and i was involved i decisions about how to manage a pain. Thanks

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 09 June 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in the Pain management clinic at Imperial College. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Caring and considerate staff, an example of the best of NHS

We were only waiting for 10 minutes and the doctor who admitted my husband couldn't have been more considerate and helpful.
This has been the best Hospital experience that we have ever had. The team were so efficient and understanding, nothing was too much trouble.
No one likes to have to go to Hospital particularly as we get older, but this Hospital is an example to many others on how to be efficient and caring.
Many thanks, your care made a very worrying day so much easier, and the advice and tests that you gave my husband would never have happened here in Newbury, we now will follow up on your advice and hopefully find out what his health problem is.
Please thank the A and E Team on duty on the 22nd June from 17.50 to 22.30 we are so grateful.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Charing Cross Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Horrible, avoid!

Just out of there after a 2-3 hour wait. Didn't get seen to despite 111 saying should get ambulance. Didn't instead walked in just to be ignored with a possible skull fracture. Told receptionist will leave as been a long wait and am quite sleepy and they just shrugged, didn't ask my name or what I was in for. Tomorrow will try going somewhere else, hopefully I wake up without complications. Thankfully this is my second time only here. First time around had a broken arm and they placed me in a cast in the wrong position so needed a lot more physio to be able to stretch it out later. My own fault for returning to this awful uncaring place really. My advice avoid unless you are unconscious and cannot give your concent.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 04 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is extremely concerned about your comments you have posted on NHS choices. We would like to apologise for your experiences using the Accident and Emergency department at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience in this department. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would like to be able to look into this matter on your behalf. We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Sue Cooper gave GP services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you

A quick note to say thank you for seeing me in the walk in centre at such short notice on the eve of Thursday 4th May. I was in pain and feeling quite poorly from a chest and ear infection, and didn't really know what to do with myself!

I was seen very quickly, looked after by a lovely doctors and give antibiotics and pain killers which did the trick very quickly.

Thanks very much (I don't think it's said enough).

Sue

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 08 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the GP Walk in Service at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Anonymous gave Bowel cancer service at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Impressed with endoscopy dept

I was very impressed with all the nursing staff running the bowel screening program at this hospital. They were all very friendly, informative, patient and above all kind. I am myself a nurse of thirty years experience and was very happy with the service offered in this unit. The NHS at its best!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 24 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the Endoscopy Department at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Christopher james gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Had me waiting for 2 and half hours for short meeting

I came for appointment at 10:10am didn't get seen to 12:30. It was only a short meeting aswell.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 24 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wishes to apologise to you for your experience in the ENT Clinic at Charing Cross Hospital. We would really like to speak to you and be able to look into this further. In the meantime I have forwarded your posting to the service manager for ENT. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can be contacted on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Karlito gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Injury to finger from Cut Throat Razor

I work in a luxury grooming shop and after lacerating my finger I had to come to A and E yesterday Sunday morning at approx 05.30hrs.
There was an aggressive man in the foyer who had to be refused by police for being aggressive. There was about 5 or 6 reception staff behind the desk and hardly any nurses on duty. All the reception staff were stood more than an hour watching this man being arrested. It's a total waste of taxpayers money. I had to wait for hours to be seen and everyone was complaining about the long waiting times.
It would be better use of taxpayers money if they cut down the number of reception staff and increased the number of nurses. The department was not even busy. It took me nearly fours hours for my treatment to be completed. This is a disgrace. Absolutely terrible.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 24 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is extremely concerned about your comments you have posted on NHS Choices. We would like to apologise for your experience using the Accident and Emergency department at Charing cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would like to discuss this matter further and have the opportunity to look into your concerns. We would encourage you to contact PALS by email on pals@imperial.nhs.uk or by telephone 0203 313 0088

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No information

Received letter re operation without any information whatsoever. Took nearly a week to finally get a call back after leaving numerous messages all over the place, just passed from pillar to post. Information was inconsistent and unclear. As type 1 diabetic they didn't seem to know should I take my insulin, eat etc. Arrived at 7am as requested, I had been told I was to be first to surgery as I had not had insulin or eaten, surgery is always early as this is standard procedure for diabetics on insulin. Still sitting in the waiting room at 11am without any explanation. Lost all confidence and decided to leave and wait for an appointment somewhere that knew what they were doing. Quite frankly the place is a shambles!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 26 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 30 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust are concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wish to apologise for your experience with the Neurosurgery department at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. (PALS) would like to be able to look into this matter on your behalf. We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Older people's services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No Compassion

I hope never to go to that horrible hospital. They show no compassion to people who have just lost their loved ones. I received a call from the hospital that my grandfather had died. My mother and I came to the hospital to see his body. We were horrified to that they kept his body in the same room with other patients. We were not allowed to grieve privately. At one point did any of the nurses try to explain what happened. They didn't bother with us. The doctor knew we were coming never turned up. In the end me and my mum had left. We had just lost a family member and this is how we were treated. Horrible place.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 30 May 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 31 May 2017

Firstly please accept our sincere condolences on behalf of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust for the loss of your grandfather. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is extremely concerned about your comments you have posted on NHS Choices. We would like to apologise for your experience in the Care of the Elderly services at Charing cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the senior service managers and would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. We would encourage you to contact PALS on 0203 312 7777 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk.

Charlotte gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A&E terrible May 2017

Was sent to this A&E because my notes where with this hospital, so traveled far. The wait is so long but the staff seemed nice at first. Once I finally got seen by the nurse they said I needed blood test and X Ray and that there was still time to call a doctor from gastrology to see me for my chrones condition, that was before 3pm by 9pm still waiting to have X Ray and still not seen gastrology. I must say that the orthapidic doctor I saw for my swollen leg was very nice. However no doctor came from gastrology and if I don't get seen for my chrones I am not going to get better. The nurse who came to see me at 10.47 pm was so rude and abrupt trying to blame me for not being seen. The nurse said you don't automatically get seen by gastrology and did you even tell them you have a chrones flare up ? My mum was with me and told them we had been sent to A&E by the consultant and that the first nurse had exsplaned there was still time to call a doctor from that department as it was around 3pm. This nurse said that if we did not have the name of the nurse that said this there was nothing that they could do and that if I wanted to see an A&E doctor I would have to wait another 3hours again. The nurse was so rude and so uncaring they had no empathy for the pain I was in or the amount of time I had already waited. I had to go home because I was in so much pain where I had a swollen leg and staff had moved me from a bed to the corridor not because they needed the bed but because they wanted to close that room. The toilet was blocked when I needed it and there was no privacy, everyone can hear your information and you can hear everyone else. The place was so dirty but the worse thing was the way this nurse was so rude. I made sure to get their name and it looks like you have to ask every persons name and keep your own notes or you get a rude nurse tell you that you have to wait all over again it's so bad I would never want to go to this hospital again. I went home in pain and hungry with no way to see a gastrology doctor so why was I sent up here to be treated so badly ? How would I get home if I had to wait over 3 hours more it was already 11pm by the time I left

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 02 June 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust are concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wish to apologise for your experience with the A & E services at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. (PALS) would like to be able to look into this matter on your behalf. We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk