Charing Cross Hospital

020 3311 1234 Fulham Palace Road , London, W6 8RF

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A&E medical staff go above and beyond!

I fell down several stairs and was unable to stand. Dialed 111, they put me in touch with a call back via a doctor who referred me to Charing Cross A&E for evaluation. Although the A&E entrance was a bit hidden, I checked in. Reception were polite, but did not go out of there way. My partner found a seat for me (which I had to have as I was unable to move myself). I was triaged after about 1hour. Then after another 2 hours the medical staff person examined me, called for an x-ray. They found a broken bone in my foot. They tried to find me an aircast/ airboot, but was unable to locate one as the A&E stock was out, so they sent me home with a fiberglass backing and crutches. I was unable to put any weight on my broken foot, thus rendering me unable to get up and down the stairs to use the toilet.
The next day I rang the A&E to inquire about the aircast and the reception connected me to a member of staff who went out of their way to locate an aircast (scouring the entire hospital, every ward and the fracture clinic). By end of day they were able to sort an aircast for me. A huge thanks to the Medical staff angels at Charing Cross - without them I would be immobile and entirely dependent upon others for critical daily functions! Thank you to them!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 07 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on NHS Choices regarding your experience in the A&E Department at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Ms Howarth gave Cancer Services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Radiotherapy Department- daily radiotherapy for 1 week

The department is very busy but in has to be commended. All staff introduce themselves and are warm and professional. They are caring and engage with you , despite being busy and in a technical.

One day I had had a treatment in the main hospital in the morning get and popped in to see if my Radiotherapy that day could be brought forward, as there was a big gap and I was tired)
My appointment was brought forward by 2 hours . I was so pleased. When I attended the appointment, I thanked the staff and they apologised not to have been able to do it any sooner still! Absolutely no need as they had done their best and brought it forward 2 hours!

After my 1st radiotherapy treatment I was unexpectedly sick - vomiting when I got home. I called the unit the next day and on arrival a box od anti sickness medication was waiting for me , which I took straight away and prevented further problems.

Finally , on leaving this evening a couple of the lovely staff gave me hugs and wished me well. That was so nice and just what I needed!
So a very big thank you for all the hard working and caring staff who work at Charring Cross Hospital Radiotherapy unit. You make a difference.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 21 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding our Radiotherapy Unit at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

sunshine gave Surgery - Breast at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you so much everyone who looked after me.

I would like to thank everyone the surgeons, doctors, anaesthetists, nurses and all helpers at Charing Cross when I had breast surgery last week. I am so grateful to the amazing kindness, caring and dedication of the whole team I couldn't have had a better experience. Everyone works so hard and is so caring it is incredible they always had a smile, I really appreciate everyone who looked after me.
The food was lovely too the choice and quality were really good with lots of fruit and vegetables too - how can anyone complain.
Breast Services outpatients department also is always a very kind caring experience.
Thank you.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 21 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you had a good experience whilst an inpatient at Charing Cross hospital following breast surgery. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. We wish you a speedy recovery from your operation

Anonymous gave Phlebotomy services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Review of the website information

I've been referred by my GP for a blood test. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere on this or the Imperial website the times at which I can go for a blood test.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 19 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned about your feedback posted on NHS Choices. We would like to apologise for the difficulties you have experienced trying to find the opening times for phlebotomy on our website. The opening times for phlebotomy at Charing Cross hospital is: 0800-1730 Mon –Fri. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. If you need any further help please contact PALS either by email: pals@imperial.nhs.uk or by telephone: 0203 313 0088.

Kathleen gave Stroke services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Not enough words to reflect my praise.

I was rushed to the Acute Stroke Unit where I was immediately met by the most professional, kind, calm and caring staff I could imagine. They immediately took a scan of my brain to determine if there was any major blockage in my brain, took blood samples to test for abnormalities, and an xray of my chest as well. I was put into the ward and kept overnight, where angels took care of me and monitored my situation with constant attention. I have since discovered that it may have been some kind of weird migraine, but knowing that this team treated as serious as it could have been, in such a wonderfully humane manner has helped me and my recovery in imaginable ways. My deep thanks to them...I will keep them as well as their patients in my prayers forever.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 11 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in stroke devices department at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

David Slater gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonscopy

I had an Endoscopic examination yesterday. All the staff I came in contact with, were very professional and efficient. Well done Charring Cross, a credit to the NHS. Thank you once again for the support while I had the examination.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 17 March 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear your feedback from your appointment with the endoscopy department at Charing Cross hospital. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. We wish you well for the future.

Maureen Squires gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E visit Sunday morning 19th March 10.30 - 2 pm

I accompanied my son to the A & E on Sunday morning and would like to thank everyone from the admissions team, nurses, all the staff and especially the lovely doctor who took time to explain the cause of his problem (which was very reassuring for him) and prescribe treatment for his recovery. This was 1st class care and great to see the NHS at it's very best with the whole team showing professionalism, dedication and evidence of a caring and compassionate approach to all the patients in their care. He had just moved into the area the area the day before and we were very satisfied with the hospital and general care provided.Thank you very much.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 21 March 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in the Accident and Emergency department at Charing Cross hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Annalise gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Thank you!

Despite the long wait to be seen the staff were amazing. Special thank you to the wonderful medic who saw me on the night shift yesterday after I stupidly burnt my fingers on the hob. It was a very busy night in A&E and they were excellent - a very personal service from someone who is clearly highly competent. And on top of it, they were friendly, warm, caring, and smiley and made me laugh at 2.30 in the morning when they were in the middle of what must have been a very long and stressful shift for them. They even followed up at the end of their shift by calling me to confirm an appointment. The receptionist that night was also charming, funny and very patient when I asked them every half hour to update me on my position in the queue. Our NHS is built on the work of these fantastic people and I am incredibly grateful to you all.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 30 March 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 03 April 2017

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Referal from consltant to MRI Dept is pending for 2 weeks

A simple task of referral letter from consultant to MRI department is still pending for my mum after 2 weeks from consultancy appointment.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 05 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wishes to apologise for the delay to your Mum’s referral to the MRI Department at Charing Cross Hospital. We would really like to speak to you and be able to look into this further. In the meantime I have forwarded your posting to the service managers for Neurosurgery. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can be contacted on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Mary Susan reviewed Charing Cross Hospital

I can't speak highly enough of the care and treatment I have received at...

I can't speak highly enough of the care and treatment I have received at Charing Cross Hospital. Diagnosed with breast cancer, at every stage I was given empathetic support, with time to ask questions and discuss options. Because I had a strong desire to avoid a mastectomy - which was probably indicated as I had two lumps - the alternative of a lumpectomy was discussed in detail. I decided to take that route, despite a risk that a second op might be necessary. I was in good hands - and very lucky - all cancer successfully removed.
I spoke with 2 surgeons, both were great. The surgeon who performed the operation has been very concerned to get the best aesthetic result, in addition to saving my life ... and has given me full information and support at every stage. I think the surgeon has done a wonderful job.
Nurses and other staff were also fantastic - I would mention Consultant Radiologist Cunningham, clinical nurse specialists, and the sister in the surgical area. Thank you NHS, thank you, Charing Cross.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 09 February 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care and staff were very reassuring and kind whilst treating you. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. We wish you were in your recovery after surgery.