Harefield Hospital

Telephone: 01895 823 737
Address: Hill End Road, Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JH
Website: http://www.rbht.nhs.uk/

Cornell148 gave Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Loaner Power Module for a VAD Recipient from the U.S.

My wife and I are from NY in U.S.A. We visited London March 1, 2013 thru March 4, 2013. I am an LVAD Recipient which I got in Strong Memorial in Rochester, NY on June 3, 2011.

We came to London with our Power Module, Battery Charger and electrical cords with the correct plug-ins for the UK. My PM went "kaput" after it was plugged in for about 2 hours or so. It was not the cord, it was the PM. So, my VAD Team in Rochester, NY had sent me Harefield Hospital as a contact in case I/we needed VAD services. Assistance also came from Thoratec in Rochester.

We called and talked to someone who arranged for a loaner to be brought to me at the hotel where we were staying. It came Saturday, March 1, 2013 and I returned it to the lobby when we left on Monday, March 4, 2013 for pick-up by Harefield Hospital of Thoratec later that day.

We just want to thank Thoratec in London area for their assistance. Even though I can sleep with the batteries for power, the PM is better for sleeping. So, my wife and I truly appreciate your help in our dilemma. Kudos to all!!! Thank you.

P.S. - The two things below were filled out so this form could be sent. We really never visited the hospital and if we did, cardiology would have been the department.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 05 March 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 06 March 2013

We are delighted to hear that staff at Harefield Hospital were able to help you and will pass your comments and thanks along to the VAD team.

Thanks for taking the time to post on NHS Choices, we really appreciate it.

Anonymous gave Harefield Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No respect for our mother when she was passing away.

My mum was passing away and they wouldn’t let us see her because it was outside of visiting hours. Clearly at this stage of our mum’s illness visiting hours shouldn’t apply and our family should be given as much of what little time there is left to spend together. We weren’t just visiting our mum, we wanted to be able to say goodbye to her.

I can’t even truly begin to put into words how rude and disrespectful the staff were. They called security who grabbed hold of me, shaking my mother’s bed which must have been terrifying for her, and then threatened to call the police, just because I wanted to spend those last few moments with my mum to say goodbye to her.

I can’t even begin to truly put into words how disgusted and upset I am at the unbelievable lack of respect for our family when our mother was passing away. They just had no care for our feelings whatsoever. The staff were always confused and could never provide the same answers to any questions we asked, they always gave us totally different information, and on one occasion actually admitted that this was in fact because they hadn’t taken the time to read our mother’s notes.

The staff don’t understand the word care. I cannot believe the lack of respect and lack of dignity they had for our mum.

I always left the hospital shaking and I just hope our poor mum never ever remembers being there.

Rest in peace now mum.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 17 March 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 16 April 2013

We have a very flexible approach to visiting hours, especially when it becomes clear that a patient is approaching the end of his/her life. We encourage families to spend as much time as they need together.

On the very few occasions that visitors have been asked to leave the premises, this has been because of an unacceptable level of abuse towards staff and a lack of respect for other patients and families. However, even in these circumstances, there would be no physical contact.

The results of the NHS national inpatient survey 2012 were published today and show that patients at the Trust feel they are treated with respect and dignity and have confidence in our staff.

Cihan gave Lung cancer services at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Many Thanks to you all

It has been almost 3 years now since I had a lung surgery in Harefield Hospital.
Once more I want to thanks to you all for your work, support and care you provided during my stay.
Life is beautiful, I am now skiing in Switzerland and think that I was so lucky to be addmitted to Harefield Hospital. :)

I especially want to thank you to private ward nurses, ICU nurses and my doctors. :) Thanks, thanks, thanks...
I wish I did note the names of all the nurses who cared for me. You were amazing.

Yes, you are in good hands with Harefield Hospital Staff.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 16 February 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 18 February 2015

Dear Cihan. Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience as a patient at Harefield Hospital. It is great to hear that you are so well after surgery. Your comments about your care will be gratefully received by our clinical teams. Best wishes.

Ann gave Respiratory Medicine at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Anzac ward nurses and Doctor

The nurses in the Anzac ward and my doctor were marvellous and made me feel completely safe and at ease.
I felt so well looked after and without a doubt it is the best hospital I have ever been a patient of, because of the wonderful staff and how well they looked after me.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 26 March 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 27 March 2014

Many thanks for your comments regarding the ANZAC Centre. Feeling safe and well looked after when you’re in hospital is vitally important, so we are very pleased to read that this was your experience at Harefield. We will pass your words on to the people involved in your care.

Lydia gave Respiratory Medicine at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My stay at Harefield for lung surgery.

The care which I received at Harefield was terrific. The care and compassion of the nurses was comforting after my operation. The area around my bed was spotless and was kept clean by a cheery lady who always encouraged me and talked if I felt like talking. The operation was a success for which I am grateful to the consultant and his team. The porters were cheery and chatty. The frequent checks which were made on my condition gave me confidence that I was making progress.
On the day of my discharge I was given a shower and had a hairwash which lifted my spirits.
I am so grateful to everyone at Harefield, in all the departments.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 23 February 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 25 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about Harefield Hospital, we are very pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience.

All our staff, no matter which department they work for, pride themselves on delivering the highest standards in care to patients. We will share the details of your message with the team at Harefield.

Anonymous recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

Exellent !!!

What I liked

I am writing this comment with my father who as recently had heart surgery at Hearfield,we can't sing the prayse's of the staff at this hospital enough,from the consutant and his team down to the young lady that came around with the meals,he was treated with respect and dignity on all departments from the Theatre, Recovery were they took such good care of him after his surgery,HDU and the Cherry tree ward.The Nursing at this hospital is second to none,not only did they take time with my father they were more than happy to take time to explain things to us his family.All hospitals should have Nurses like this.My father and the rest of our family would like to say a Big Thank You to all the staff who cared for him whilst he was in hospital,your a credit to this hospital and the NHS.

What could have been improved

Nothing it's perfect as it is.

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 30 December 2012

Harefield Hospital replied on 31 December 2012

Many thanks for the lovely, positive comments about your father’s care whilst at Harefield Hospital. It is very heartening for our clinical teams to know that their hard work is valued and that you and your other family members felt well cared for. Our staff pride themselves on their high standards and are always appreciative when this is acknowledged. We will pass your comments on to them and would like to thank you for taking the time to post on NHS Choices.

GTBAML recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

Amazing hospital with a 'we don't give up' attitude

What I liked

My asociation with Harefield started after my mothers long surgical stay and followup of 16 years. Then it was my turn! I have undergone several angio's (with stents) and ongoing care. The team always seem well aware of my condition and needs and actively strive to provide the very best in care. On many occassions I have been told by the consultant 'if anything changes, get in touch urgently and let me know, I will see you as soon as possible'

What could have been improved

I guess staffing numbers could be improved , not to provide better care but to reduce the workload on the staff. The level of care, teamwork and commitment that is provided, in a very busy, hectic, demanding environment is a tribute to all, however a more modern environment would, I am sure help !

Visited in June 2012. Posted on 29 October 2012

Harefield Hospital has not yet replied.

Adolf Kohnhorst recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

First class medical emergency care in a relaxed environment

What I liked

I was generally impressed with the professional services provided. During my 2 days in the ward I had the impression that the place was somewhat understaffed and as a result especially the nursing staff were very hard worked..

Looking back on the emergency situation I found myself in, I couldn't have found a better place to be taken to. Thank you all for your your efforts.

What could have been improved

Perhaps nursing staff numbers. For instance, although I was there very briefly,it was not unreasonable toI expect facilities for refreshing one self in the morning.

Visited in November 2011. Posted on 01 December 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 05 December 2011

Many thanks for your comments we will pass on your feedback to staff. We will use your comments to help us deliver the best possible care and treatment for patients and their families.
We pride ourselves on the high standard of care provided for patients, including nursing care. The PALS team is able to act on patient feedback and is contactable on: 020 7349 7715 or pals@rbht.nhs.uk
Thank you once again for your feedback.

lung1980 recommended at Harefield Hospital

very well cared for in a clean happy enviroment!

What I liked

i knew what was happening and when.couldn't have had better care.i was so well looked after and the staff are fab

Any other comments

give nurses more money for the amazing job that they do

Visited in September 2011. Posted on 22 September 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 24 October 2011

Many thanks for your comments we will pass on your feedback to staff. It is always valuable for us to hear about the positive impact of the care and treatment you have received and we will use your comments to help us deliver the best possible care and treatment for patients and their families. Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback.

tommy98 recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

I was enter in ambulance within hour every thing done

staff was very helpful

every thing is 101%

Any other comments

non

Visited in June 2011. Posted on 02 July 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 04 July 2011

Thank you so much for your comments – we will pass them to the staff who helped you. We are very pleased to hear that you felt so well cared for by staff. It is always a pleasure to get positive feedback.