Harefield Hospital

01895 823 737 Hill End Road , Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JH

paul smith gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Double Heart Bypass Surgery.

Admitted to Harefield on 15th August for double heart bypass surgery.Had surgery on 17th August unfortunately with complications so re-exploration was required Pleased to say everything went well from this point onwards

Great caring staff ,faultless care given,cannot praise enough.

Stayed in hospital for 8 days, .Now 4 weeks on from surgery and progressing well at home

I cannot thank all the staff enough at Harefield Hospital for the care I was shown by everyone there

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 20 September 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 22 September 2015

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your positive feedback about the care you received at Harefield. We place great importance on ensuring that patients are provided with the best possible specialist treatment for their heart or lung condition. All our staff believe in treating patients with respect and courtesy, making sure they feel relaxed and confident in the care they receive. It is therefore great to hear you were satisfied with the care provided. Wishing you all the best with your continued recovery.

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Night staff on wards make lots of noise

A brilliant surgeon and recovery team. It has to be said that HDU and the wards are noisy during the night when people are trying to recuperate.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 08 August 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 19 August 2015

Thank you for letting us know about your recent inpatient experience. It is good to hear that your surgery and post-operative care went well. As a busy specialist hospital we strive to provide high-quality round-the-clock care to patients to ensure they receive the best possible treatment. This sometimes means there is disruption through the night when patients need immediate attention. We do, however, welcome feedback from patients and use it to take steps to constantly improve the services we provide. We wish you all the best for the future.

Leslie Anderson gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Harefield revisited

I was privileged to have the consultant perform a replacemen aortic valve and CABG last year, despite considerable risk due to my age and medical conditions. I was in intensive care and high dependency for four and a half weeks before being transferred to Wycombe for further treatment. The expert care and attention I received throughout my stay could not be betterd anywhere and I have enjoyed a year of reasonable health which I reagard as a blessing. Unfortunately I have developed a further problem with one lung, for which I have just had a pleural effusion. Again I was looked after wonderfully in Cedar 1 and I extend my grateful thanks to all the staff and medical team at Harefield. You are all truly amazing and we are so fortunate to have access to such expertise.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 11 August 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 19 August 2015

Dear Leslie,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments. As a specialist hospital for heart and lung disease we are proud to have teams of highly-skilled international experts who provide world-class treatments that others cannot offer to patients with complex medical needs. It is pleasing to hear that you experienced the high-quality care we always strive to deliver at Harefield and our teams on Cedar Ward, intensive care and the high dependency unit will be very happy to read your kind words. Best wishes for the future.

Brenda Redford gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful hospital

My son was admitted last August after having a heart attack. He is only 36. They saved his life. He has had wonderful care and support. Cannot thank you enough. He had a diffulator fitted in March which went well. The doctors and nurses are worth their weight in Gold.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 30 May 2016

Harefield Hospital replied on 14 June 2016

Dear Brenda,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We are proud that the heart attack centre at Harefield has one of the fastest treatment times in the country as we know the speed of treatment is crucial to a patient's chances of survival. It is great to hear that your son has benefitted from the expertise of our clinical team and they will be very grateful for your kind words. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback and we wish you and your son the very best for the future.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

AMAZING CARE !

I have now been discharged from Harefield, having been with them for 2 years. The care and support I have been given has been faultless. The consultants are the kindest people I have ever met - two Drs in particular have been so patient with me, explaining everything, and putting my mind at ease. During my 2 stays on the Oak Ward, I have never met kinder, caring Nurses, who go out of their way to provide the best care they can, going above and beyond their duties. This Hospital has the most amazing staff, anyone under their care should know they are in the best place they could possibly be. Thank you so much to everyone at Harefield for helping me through the most difficult, and scary time of my life.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 26 November 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 22 December 2015

Thank you for your comments about the high standards of care you experienced. We are fortunate to have highly-skilled staff who are dedicated to providing the best quality of care possible. It is great to hear that the way you were treated by our doctors and nurses helped you to feel at ease and able to deal with the anxiety of being in hospital. Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2016.

Pauline gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent stay in Acorn ward.

I recently stayed in Acorn ward for two nights to undergo an ablation procedure.
When I was admitted I was immediately introduced to the nurse that was going to look after me at that time. Then every time the nurses where coming up to finishing their shift I was introduced to the next nurse that would look after me. All of the nurses that I had the privilege to meet were absolutely lovely. Nothing was too much trouble and I was treated with courtesy and consideration at all times.
On the first evening, of my stay, a doctor came to talk to me and find out about me.
On the morning of my procedure another doctor came to see me to explain what was going to happen to me and explain all the pros and cons of the procedure.
Later when I was taken to have my procedure I met my Consultant who introduced themselves and put me at ease, making me feel very confident in them. Then I was taken to the procedure laboratory and again I was introduced to the Ablation team. Again I felt at ease and confident in them. All the staff at Harefield are so kind and have your best interests at heart.
When I was taken back to my ward the treatment that I received by the nurses was second to none.
I can not praise everyone that I encountered at Harefield hospital enough. Such dedication is wonderful. Thank you to everyone.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 16 July 2015

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is very important to us to ensure that patients are completely satisfied with the care they receive in hospital. Our doctors and nursing staff believe in treating patients with respect and courtesy. A big part of this is making sure patients are involved in decisions about their treatment and are properly introduced to those providing their care. We are therefore very happy to hear that everyone who looked after you during your stay was able to make you feel relaxed and confident in the treatment you received. Best wishes for the future.

victor colin bryce gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellant staff.

I went into hospital for heart by pass 3 weeks ago, and from going through the door to leaving after surgery one week later ,i was attended day and night right from intensive care to all the nurses who of all nationalites were great, Nothing was too much trouble for them even getting me a cup of tea out of hours,I was on maple ward in a single room which was fine and having tv helped to pass the day and night, If there was small thing i would liked to have asked a few qestions about my surgery at the time before i left but was on morphine all week and was not really with it when i left,But have follow up in few weeks so will get all details then,Good Luck to all staff.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 09 May 2016

Harefield Hospital replied on 24 May 2016

Dear Victor,
Thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the treatment you received. We are fortunate to have dedicated clinical staff who recognise the importance of providing patient-centred care at all times. Our specialist nurses know that being in hospital can be a stressful time, so they do everything they can to put patients at ease. It is pleasing to hear that you appreciated their efforts. Thank you again for your comments and feedback, which we will pass on to the relevant teams. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Two days in Oak Ward

Came to cardiology for a consultation. Went into AF as I arrived and was fast tracked through preliminary tests prior to seeing consultant. Consultant was able to obtain a bed for me & arranged for hourly observations. Medical staff were excellent & cheerful & always available. My AF eased overnight so I was only in for two days. Whist there I was mostly NBM but the meals I did have were hot, tasty and more than sufficient and served by friendly, considerate caterers.
Prior to discharge I was advised as to the next form my treatment would take and the pharmacist went through the drugs that I was newly prescribed. A nurse also showed me how to self inject as part of my home treatment. Apart from the AF, the two days I spent in Harefield, Oak Ward, were interesting and not unpleasant.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 05 May 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 13 May 2015

Thank you for sharing your experiences about your treatment at Harefield Hospital. We believe our patients deserve the best possible specialist treatment for their heart and lung conditions in a clean, safe place, and are very pleased that your experience was so positive. The teams on Oak Ward and in the catering department will be delighted to read your comments. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Loraine Garnish gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in Cedar 2 ward

I attended to have a Pleural Effusion drained and was naturally very worried about the procedure. However, the surgeon spoke with me at length on my admission to Harefield and put my mind at rest as far as the procedure was concerned.
All the nursing staff were extremely caring and professional and made the stay much less traumatic for me. Thank you to all the staff who took such good care of me.
I have no hesitation to recommend Harefield to anyone requiring treatments.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

Dear Loraine. We believe that patients should be well informed and involved in decisions about their care, so it is very pleasing to hear that your medical team was able to put your mind at rest and make your stay in hospital as comfortable as possible. Thank you for recommending us to others requiring specialist treatment for heart and lung conditions.

Mick Jenkins gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I was admitted to Oak ward to have an ICD fitted on March 31st and stayed until 3rd April.
The care I received was excellent from both the day and night nursing staff.
Their energy and commitment to the patients is second to none.
Thank you all who worked in bay 3 over this period.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 April 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 09 April 2015

Dear Mick,
Thank you for taking the time to post such great feedback about your stay in Oak ward. Our dedicated and skilled team there will be delighted to read your comments. At Harefield we understand that having any procedure in hospital can be daunting so we try to provide the best possible specialist care, attention and support to patients throughout their stay with us. Thanks again and wishing you the best for the future.