Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

Harefield Hospital

Telephone: 01895 823 737
Address: Hill End Road, Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JH
Website: http://www.rbht.nhs.uk/

trevor chambers gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

fantastic hosp0ital

was treated by a super team of doctors and nursing staff, during the two weeks stay at Harefield, you could not ask for a better service, well done and thankyou to all staff.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 20 March 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 20 March 2014

Thanks Trevor for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at Harefield Hospital. We understand that spending two weeks in hospital can be really difficult and are therefore very encouraged to learn about your positive experience. Our clinical teams will be delighted to hear that you were so satisfied with the care provided. Wishing you the very best for the future.

Tyrone Hamilton gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

After suffering a heart attack

I was bought in on 1 January 2014 after suffering a heart attack , I was unaware of anything as I was in a coma. I have been backward and forwds loads of times a Ihave been unwell. I cannot thank the hospital enough for everything they ever done for me and my mum. I am 23 now , so grateful for what all the staff have done for me. My mum cant stop praising the hospital and neither can I . I have been treated like a king there, by all the staff! Even though no one wants to go to hospital, but this is the best place I have ever know. If you ever get a choice to go to a hospital, i would say Harefield everytime, i know you may think ts weird, but I kind of miss the palce and the brilliant staff.!

tyrone hamilton...

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 13 October 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 16 October 2014

Dear Tyrone, thanks for leaving such great feedback. Staff at Harefield understand that being admitted to hospital as an emergency is a frightening time for the patient and their family. They therefore pride themselves on providing the best possible care and support everyone involved. We are glad that this was the case for you and your mum. The team at Harefield will be delighted to read your comments. Wishing you all the very best.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cardiac arrest

My son was bought into Harefield on New Years Day, and went straight to ICU. From the moment I arrived i was comforted and looked after by the reception and security working that early morning. All the team that looked after him on ICU were unbelievable, keeping me updated on everything. When he was transferred to Oak Ward, the care he received was the best that anyone could ask for. The doctors and nurses were so professional and caring towards him and me. My son is 22 years old, very young, but the staff did everything to make his stay comfortable. Im so glad that he was transferred to this hospital. I heard so many great reviews but now I can really see what people mean. My son has been fitted with a pacemaker, and whenever we need to talk to a doctor or nurse, all staff are happy to reassure us, The best hospital and staff ive ever met at a hospital!

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 09 April 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 11 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to acknowledge the care you and your son were given at Harefield Hospital. Our staff pride themselves on looking after everyone who comes through the door to the very best of their ability. Being reassured and kept up to date is especially important during such a worrying time, but we are also pleased to hear that you both continue to feel well looked after since leaving hospital. Your comments will be shared with our teams, and we wish you both all the best.

Yen73 gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Hospital.

It's with much thanks to the staff of this hospital (from the doctors through to the auxiliary staff) that my partner is now here. Having suffered a heart attack he was brought to Harefield where he underwent surgery. His treatment was second to none and he was treated with dignity from being admitted to the time he was discharged. The hospital was clean and well cared for and parking was easy and reasonably priced.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 20 November 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 21 November 2013

We are very pleased to hear of your partner’s positive experience at Harefield, where we have a specialist heart attack centre (one of only eight in London), and that you also were impressed with his treatment. Our staff are proud to do their best at all times, and will certainly appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to pass on your comments to them. Thank you for taking the time to share these comments on NHS Choices.

tim cooper gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

30 oct angioplasty.

i am extremely gratefull to all the staff on duty during my short stay in oak ward who were excelent and proffessional at all times and careing and many thanks to a fantastic consultant and his team for the care and consideration during my proceedure .overall a fantastic hospital many thanks tim cooper

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 14 November 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 15 November 2013

Tim, thanks so much for taking the time to comment on NHS Choices. We are pleased to hear of your very positive experience at Harefield and will be sure to pass on your words to the Oak ward team. Wishing you all the best.

M.B.Tutt gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gratefull for a second chance

Special thank's to the doctor and his team for giving me a second chance for life.Also many thank's to all of the Nurse's and staff that gave me excellent after care.

Your's Sincerely
M.B.Tutt

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 11 September 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 13 September 2013

Our staff pride themselves on working together as a team to provide the very best clinical care and so it is especially pleasing to hear from patients who have been so pleased with our approach. Thank you for taking the time to post about your positive experience, it is very much appreciated and we will make sure your kind words reach those who cared for you.

Nora Hollen reviewed Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

Standard of care

On Monday 10th June I was admitted, having suffered a heart attack.
The doctors were awaiting my arrival and within minutes I was being prepared for the insertion of a Stent. The procedure was explained in laymans terms and I felt reassured knowing that I was receiving excellent treatment from a charming team!
I was then admitted to Oak Ward and again was treated with compassion, efficiency and humour. Nothing was too much trouble for the nurses and every patient was treated with absolute dignity.
The catering and cleaning staff also deserve a mention, again achieving a very high standard of care and efficiency.
I have now returned home to Scotland but will be eternally grateful for the wonderful treatment I received at Harefield Hospital.
Gratefully yours,
Nora Hollen

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 15 June 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 18 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices. Our staff pride themselves on ensuring every patient enjoys the highest level of care, and it is gratifying for us to hear that your experience at Harefield measured up to our own high standards. We will certainly pass your comments on to the relevant teams and we wish you well in your recovery.

Michael O'Connor gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb treatment,care and excellent cardio rehab

From the moment I arrived while suffering a Heart Attack the treatment I received was 2nd to none I was kept informed of what was happening to me and felt very reassured and at ease that I was in the best possible hands and everything was going to be fine..

Once on the ward nothing was too much trouble and although everything is handled in a professional manner there was always a jovial atmosphere and good humour .

Once home six weeks of cardio rehab gave a great understanding of what and why had happened to me and how to prevent it happening again,Twice weekly sessions in the hospital gym under superb supervision got me fitter than I've been for years (even took part in the hospital fun run) .

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 20 December 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 23 December 2013

Michael, thanks so much for sharing these comments regarding your treatment and rehab at Harefield Hospital. Our primary angioplasty service has an enviable reputation for having one of the fastest arrival-to-treatment times in the UK (27 mins as oppose to a national average of 42 mins). We always strive to provide excellent follow-up care, and our cardiac rehab programme has enjoyed great success since it began operation in 1991.

Staff are always appreciative of positive feedback so we’ll be sure to let them know how much you valued their care and good humour. We look forward to seeing you at the fun run again in 2014!

Martin P gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

One year on from a double bypass

Whoever needs an example of how a hospital should be run should look no further than Harefield. From the initial referral to the operation itself and then the after care, this hospital was flawless. Unlike my local A&E, the pride, professionalism and care shown by all the staff screams from the reception to the exit. It was so nice to see people who, obviously very busy, could still manage a smile. That to me speaks volumes.

I was put at ease through what was for me quite a frightening time, and my Surgeon quickly calmed any fears I had (and kept me laughing to boot). I had no memory of the Recovery room, but the staff in ICU and Maple Ward were really a class apart in caring for me (and everyone else there). A big thank you to one of the nurses on Maple. I'd love to nominate you for Nurse of the year, if I could.

The biggest compliment I can pay the staff is that people looked genuinely shocked when they hear I had this operation as apparenlty I look so well.

Keep up the great work, keep smiling, and I hope to visit you all again soon under better circumstances. Maybe help with some fundraising.

All the very best,

Martin

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 15 May 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 19 May 2014

Dear Martin, thank you very much for providing such a wonderful endorsement for the care provided at Harefield Hospital. As you say, being in hospital can be a frightening time for patients and their relatives, so our staff are always keen to take the time to make the whole experience as comfortable as possible. We will make sure your comments reach the relevant teams at Harefield and they will be delighted to hear that the care provided was so appreciated and that you have had a good recovery. Best wishes.

nick phillips gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Patient at Harefield

I had a triple by pass operation and a new heart valve fitted . The operation was done by a infamous transplant surgeon. I received the utmost pre operative care and the surgery was carried out with 100% care and attention . Three years later I am living proof that the NHS when you need them are there for you . Great team lovely care thanks for giving me a new quality of life . Nick Phillips.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 31 May 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 03 June 2015

Dear Nick,
Thank you for your positive feedback. Our aim is to offer world class life-changing treatments in a caring environment, so it is always great to hear when patients feel they received this. It is important for patients to have confidence in those providing their hospital treatment and we are glad you experienced such a high standard of care. We wish you the very best for the future.