Harefield Hospital

01895 823 737 Hill End Road , Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JH

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

AMAZING CARE !

I have now been discharged from Harefield, having been with them for 2 years. The care and support I have been given has been faultless. The consultants are the kindest people I have ever met - two Drs in particular have been so patient with me, explaining everything, and putting my mind at ease. During my 2 stays on the Oak Ward, I have never met kinder, caring Nurses, who go out of their way to provide the best care they can, going above and beyond their duties. This Hospital has the most amazing staff, anyone under their care should know they are in the best place they could possibly be. Thank you so much to everyone at Harefield for helping me through the most difficult, and scary time of my life.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 26 November 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 22 December 2015

Thank you for your comments about the high standards of care you experienced. We are fortunate to have highly-skilled staff who are dedicated to providing the best quality of care possible. It is great to hear that the way you were treated by our doctors and nurses helped you to feel at ease and able to deal with the anxiety of being in hospital. Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2016.

Pauline gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent stay in Acorn ward.

I recently stayed in Acorn ward for two nights to undergo an ablation procedure.
When I was admitted I was immediately introduced to the nurse that was going to look after me at that time. Then every time the nurses where coming up to finishing their shift I was introduced to the next nurse that would look after me. All of the nurses that I had the privilege to meet were absolutely lovely. Nothing was too much trouble and I was treated with courtesy and consideration at all times.
On the first evening, of my stay, a doctor came to talk to me and find out about me.
On the morning of my procedure another doctor came to see me to explain what was going to happen to me and explain all the pros and cons of the procedure.
Later when I was taken to have my procedure I met my Consultant who introduced themselves and put me at ease, making me feel very confident in them. Then I was taken to the procedure laboratory and again I was introduced to the Ablation team. Again I felt at ease and confident in them. All the staff at Harefield are so kind and have your best interests at heart.
When I was taken back to my ward the treatment that I received by the nurses was second to none.
I can not praise everyone that I encountered at Harefield hospital enough. Such dedication is wonderful. Thank you to everyone.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 16 July 2015

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is very important to us to ensure that patients are completely satisfied with the care they receive in hospital. Our doctors and nursing staff believe in treating patients with respect and courtesy. A big part of this is making sure patients are involved in decisions about their treatment and are properly introduced to those providing their care. We are therefore very happy to hear that everyone who looked after you during your stay was able to make you feel relaxed and confident in the treatment you received. Best wishes for the future.

victor colin bryce gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellant staff.

I went into hospital for heart by pass 3 weeks ago, and from going through the door to leaving after surgery one week later ,i was attended day and night right from intensive care to all the nurses who of all nationalites were great, Nothing was too much trouble for them even getting me a cup of tea out of hours,I was on maple ward in a single room which was fine and having tv helped to pass the day and night, If there was small thing i would liked to have asked a few qestions about my surgery at the time before i left but was on morphine all week and was not really with it when i left,But have follow up in few weeks so will get all details then,Good Luck to all staff.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 09 May 2016

Harefield Hospital replied on 24 May 2016

Dear Victor,
Thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the treatment you received. We are fortunate to have dedicated clinical staff who recognise the importance of providing patient-centred care at all times. Our specialist nurses know that being in hospital can be a stressful time, so they do everything they can to put patients at ease. It is pleasing to hear that you appreciated their efforts. Thank you again for your comments and feedback, which we will pass on to the relevant teams. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Two days in Oak Ward

Came to cardiology for a consultation. Went into AF as I arrived and was fast tracked through preliminary tests prior to seeing consultant. Consultant was able to obtain a bed for me & arranged for hourly observations. Medical staff were excellent & cheerful & always available. My AF eased overnight so I was only in for two days. Whist there I was mostly NBM but the meals I did have were hot, tasty and more than sufficient and served by friendly, considerate caterers.
Prior to discharge I was advised as to the next form my treatment would take and the pharmacist went through the drugs that I was newly prescribed. A nurse also showed me how to self inject as part of my home treatment. Apart from the AF, the two days I spent in Harefield, Oak Ward, were interesting and not unpleasant.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 05 May 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 13 May 2015

Thank you for sharing your experiences about your treatment at Harefield Hospital. We believe our patients deserve the best possible specialist treatment for their heart and lung conditions in a clean, safe place, and are very pleased that your experience was so positive. The teams on Oak Ward and in the catering department will be delighted to read your comments. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Loraine Garnish gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in Cedar 2 ward

I attended to have a Pleural Effusion drained and was naturally very worried about the procedure. However, the surgeon spoke with me at length on my admission to Harefield and put my mind at rest as far as the procedure was concerned.
All the nursing staff were extremely caring and professional and made the stay much less traumatic for me. Thank you to all the staff who took such good care of me.
I have no hesitation to recommend Harefield to anyone requiring treatments.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 01 July 2015

Dear Loraine. We believe that patients should be well informed and involved in decisions about their care, so it is very pleasing to hear that your medical team was able to put your mind at rest and make your stay in hospital as comfortable as possible. Thank you for recommending us to others requiring specialist treatment for heart and lung conditions.

Mick Jenkins gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I was admitted to Oak ward to have an ICD fitted on March 31st and stayed until 3rd April.
The care I received was excellent from both the day and night nursing staff.
Their energy and commitment to the patients is second to none.
Thank you all who worked in bay 3 over this period.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 April 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 09 April 2015

Dear Mick,
Thank you for taking the time to post such great feedback about your stay in Oak ward. Our dedicated and skilled team there will be delighted to read your comments. At Harefield we understand that having any procedure in hospital can be daunting so we try to provide the best possible specialist care, attention and support to patients throughout their stay with us. Thanks again and wishing you the best for the future.

Barbara shoulders gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

taken care of.

i was admitted to oak ward on 5th March and to say I was nervous about my procedure was an understatement. The staff on the ward were wonderful and could not have done more to put me at my ease especially one member of staff who had a wonderful calming gentle way with them. The nurses seemed to work well together and were very attentive.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 20 March 2015

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for posting about your recent experience as a patient at Harefield. Our staff understand the anxieties around having a heart procedure, and our specialist nurses work hard to ensure patients are as well prepared and relaxed as possible. The team on Oak Ward will be delighted to hear your kind words about the care they provided to you. Thanks again and very best wishes.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Harefield Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Saving lives in standard

I have been a patent, pretty much since I came out of my Mothers uterus. I was born with complex congenital heart disease, and not only was I saved as a neonate, I was offered and successful undergone cardiac catheterisation which is not widely available. Without the less invasive procedure, there was a considerable chance I could die undergoing open heart surgery, due to other complications. Probably the best hospital I have ever been to, both Brompton and Harefield.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 17 April 2015

Thanks for taking the time to post on NHS Choices. Our teams across Royal Brompton and Harefield will be delighted to hear that you are so pleased with the specialist care for congenital heart disease you have received since birth. As a specialist heart and lung trust, we routinely offer patients innovative treatments which are not accessible around the country so it is wonderful to hear that such a procedure meant you could avoid an operation which may have put you at risk. Thanks again and take care.

Maureen Cole gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unbelievable problems

My son went I to Harefield for a valve replacement. I have to say how seriously dissatisfied we all were with the surgeon's so called bedside manner. Which was abrupt and unsympathetic. My son suffered a stroke during his operation, leaving him with a sight impairment, why did this happen? The surgeon decided to ignore this impairment, my son now has a serious infection on his wound, which the surgeon opened up and cleansed, however the infection is back, and the surgeon is suggesting a return to once again cleanse the wound, which is extremely painful. Not a satisfactory state of affairs. Either the surgeon anaesthetist or the hospital itself is at fault, for putting a young man through such trauma. I do not wish my son to be under this surgeon's care any longer, and would hope the hospital has the grace to seek a second opinion for him. His treatment has been nothing more than third world, even worse.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 24 May 2015

Harefield Hospital replied on 28 May 2015

Dear Maureen, we are sorry to hear that you feel our standard of care has been unsatisfactory. We understand the issues raised have already been brought to the Trust’s attention.

carsearl reviewed Harefield Hospital

Gossiping during my exercise test

I went for an exercise test in February 2015. The test was going well until a staff member came in and started gossiping with the person that was doing my test about another staff member. I got the idea there might be some bullying among the workforce.
The test went well but I felt the attitude was that they were quite big headed and rude. Just my opinion.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 April 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Harefield Hospital replied on 28 May 2015

We were disappointed to hear that you were not happy with your recent visit. We try hard to ensure a professional approach at all times but clearly you feel that this was not your experience.

When patients have any concerns at all about our services we encourage them to contact our confidential patient advice and liaison service (PALS) on 01895 826 572 (or pals@rbht.nhs.uk). Acting on feedback from patients through the PALS team enables us to continuously improve our services.