Harefield Hospital

Address: Hill End Road, Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JH
Website: http://www.rbht.nhs.uk/

Ann gave Respiratory Medicine at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Anzac ward nurses and Doctor

The nurses in the Anzac ward and my doctor were marvellous and made me feel completely safe and at ease.
I felt so well looked after and without a doubt it is the best hospital I have ever been a patient of, because of the wonderful staff and how well they looked after me.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 26 March 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 27 March 2014

Many thanks for your comments regarding the ANZAC Centre. Feeling safe and well looked after when you’re in hospital is vitally important, so we are very pleased to read that this was your experience at Harefield. We will pass your words on to the people involved in your care.

Lydia gave Respiratory Medicine at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My stay at Harefield for lung surgery.

The care which I received at Harefield was terrific. The care and compassion of the nurses was comforting after my operation. The area around my bed was spotless and was kept clean by a cheery lady who always encouraged me and talked if I felt like talking. The operation was a success for which I am grateful to the consultant and his team. The porters were cheery and chatty. The frequent checks which were made on my condition gave me confidence that I was making progress.
On the day of my discharge I was given a shower and had a hairwash which lifted my spirits.
I am so grateful to everyone at Harefield, in all the departments.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 23 February 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 25 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about Harefield Hospital, we are very pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience.

All our staff, no matter which department they work for, pride themselves on delivering the highest standards in care to patients. We will share the details of your message with the team at Harefield.

Anonymous recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

Exellent !!!

What I liked

I am writing this comment with my father who as recently had heart surgery at Hearfield,we can't sing the prayse's of the staff at this hospital enough,from the consutant and his team down to the young lady that came around with the meals,he was treated with respect and dignity on all departments from the Theatre, Recovery were they took such good care of him after his surgery,HDU and the Cherry tree ward.The Nursing at this hospital is second to none,not only did they take time with my father they were more than happy to take time to explain things to us his family.All hospitals should have Nurses like this.My father and the rest of our family would like to say a Big Thank You to all the staff who cared for him whilst he was in hospital,your a credit to this hospital and the NHS.

What could have been improved

Nothing it's perfect as it is.

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 30 December 2012

Harefield Hospital replied on 31 December 2012

Many thanks for the lovely, positive comments about your father’s care whilst at Harefield Hospital. It is very heartening for our clinical teams to know that their hard work is valued and that you and your other family members felt well cared for. Our staff pride themselves on their high standards and are always appreciative when this is acknowledged. We will pass your comments on to them and would like to thank you for taking the time to post on NHS Choices.

GTBAML recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

Amazing hospital with a 'we don't give up' attitude

What I liked

My asociation with Harefield started after my mothers long surgical stay and followup of 16 years. Then it was my turn! I have undergone several angio's (with stents) and ongoing care. The team always seem well aware of my condition and needs and actively strive to provide the very best in care. On many occassions I have been told by the consultant 'if anything changes, get in touch urgently and let me know, I will see you as soon as possible'

What could have been improved

I guess staffing numbers could be improved , not to provide better care but to reduce the workload on the staff. The level of care, teamwork and commitment that is provided, in a very busy, hectic, demanding environment is a tribute to all, however a more modern environment would, I am sure help !

Visited in June 2012. Posted on 29 October 2012

Harefield Hospital has not yet replied.

Adolf Kohnhorst recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

First class medical emergency care in a relaxed environment

What I liked

I was generally impressed with the professional services provided. During my 2 days in the ward I had the impression that the place was somewhat understaffed and as a result especially the nursing staff were very hard worked..

Looking back on the emergency situation I found myself in, I couldn't have found a better place to be taken to. Thank you all for your your efforts.

What could have been improved

Perhaps nursing staff numbers. For instance, although I was there very briefly,it was not unreasonable toI expect facilities for refreshing one self in the morning.

Visited in November 2011. Posted on 01 December 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 05 December 2011

Many thanks for your comments we will pass on your feedback to staff. We will use your comments to help us deliver the best possible care and treatment for patients and their families.
We pride ourselves on the high standard of care provided for patients, including nursing care. The PALS team is able to act on patient feedback and is contactable on: 020 7349 7715 or pals@rbht.nhs.uk
Thank you once again for your feedback.

lung1980 recommended at Harefield Hospital

very well cared for in a clean happy enviroment!

What I liked

i knew what was happening and when.couldn't have had better care.i was so well looked after and the staff are fab

Any other comments

give nurses more money for the amazing job that they do

Visited in September 2011. Posted on 22 September 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 24 October 2011

Many thanks for your comments we will pass on your feedback to staff. It is always valuable for us to hear about the positive impact of the care and treatment you have received and we will use your comments to help us deliver the best possible care and treatment for patients and their families. Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback.

tommy98 recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

I was enter in ambulance within hour every thing done

staff was very helpful

every thing is 101%

Any other comments

non

Visited in June 2011. Posted on 02 July 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 04 July 2011

Thank you so much for your comments – we will pass them to the staff who helped you. We are very pleased to hear that you felt so well cared for by staff. It is always a pleasure to get positive feedback.

Anonymous recommended Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

Grateful that we live so close to the hospital.

What I liked

The speed and efficiency of the whole process from arriving in an ambulance to being on the ward. The cleanliness of the hospital was a credit to all the staff and the team work was obvious. Everybody worked well together, Everybody was very kind and caring and I am truly grateful.

What could have been improved

My family were left to wait for information whilst I was having treatment and they found it a long wait without information.

Visited in June 2011. Posted on 19 July 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 22 July 2011

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback and for your comments. It is always good for us to know that patients have been pleased with their care and we will make sure those staff involved are aware of your views.

We were disappointed to hear that your family was left to wait for information.
If you would be prepared to contact PALS on: 01895 826572 or pals@rbht.nhs.uk we would be pleased to investigate your issues. Please do get in touch as we would like to use your comments to help us deliver the best possible care and treatment for everyone. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Anonymous did not recommend Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

My experience was distressing as staff had no interest in providing information.

What I liked

I was very satisfied with the initial prompt surgical care that my husband received.

What could have been improved

I was deeply distressed by the way I was treated when I arrived at the hospital. The only information that I had was that my husband had been taken ill at work and had been taken to Harefield by ambulance. I spoke to a member of staff at the main reception desk who said yes he had been admitted but they would not provide any information about his condition, they said I should return in two hours at visiting time. I then approached another member of staff at the other desk where patients have ECGs done. She just shrugged and said that if my husband was admitted he must have had a heart attack, she was also not prepared to find out any information for me about his condition. So I had an agonising two hour wait until visiting time, not knowing anything about his condition, the only comfort I had was knowing that he had probably survived otherwise I would not have been advised to return at visiting time.
I was very dissatisfied about various events that I observed and heard about during my husband’s stay. In particular, dirty patient lavatories and patients being left unattended in wheelchairs in great discomfort for long periods of time in draughty corridors.

Visited in May 2011. Posted on 10 August 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 15 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and for your comments.

We were very sorry to learn of your issues. We pride ourselves in providing a high standard of care and it is extremely disappointing to hear of your experience.

We want to act on this promptly. If you would be prepared to contact PALS on: 020 7349 7715 or pals@rbht.nhs.uk they would be pleased to hear and act upon your feedback. We are keen to listen to the experiences of our patients and carers and are constantly seeking to improve the way we do things. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience.

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

I was left raging with stress and annoyance until I found reception.

What could have been improved

I must tell anyone who rings this hospital without a name or ward number. The telephone system is awful. Three times I rang and was passed to the wrong place. I asked for CCU, my wife and cardiology in that order. Remember that is three separate calls! Grrrrrrr. So frustrating when you are worried about someone.....
Please say to the recorded message. Reception.
A very helpful person will then help you to your destination and loved one.

Visited in May 2011. Posted on 07 May 2011

Harefield Hospital replied on 11 May 2011

Many thanks for your comments. It is important that patients and families can contact each other if they are visiting the hospital and we will pass on your feedback to staff. We will use your comments to help us deliver the best possible care and treatment for patients and their families. Thank you once again for taking the time to give us feedback.