Harefield Hospital

01895 823 737 Hill End Road , Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JH

Amazing people

I have been an in-patient here 3 times in the previous 18 months and they are absolutely amazing.

I have had a triple heart bypass and 3 visits to the cath lab and each time the staff have been incredible.

Everyone from the consultants, main reception, clinic reception, nurses, dr's, HCA's, intesive care staff, and the cleaning staff are polite, friendly and truly seem to care for you.

In my opinion this has to be the best hospital experience i have ever had!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 September 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 02 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences as an inpatient at Harefield Hospital. It is great to hear you received consistently high-quality care from the whole team during your recent admissions. Our staff pride themselves on providing the best possible care and understand that treating patients with dignity and respect is an important part of this. They will be delighted to read your comments. Very best wishes.

Cardiac arrest emergency

My father had a cardiac arrest whilst at home and under the guidance of the paramedic we were taken to harefield. Although over an hour away from home there was no local hospital that could do the procedure needed but it was worth every minute of that journey! It's a fantastic hospital , they put in 2 stents and then he was moved to oak ward. A ward full of staff that were happy in their work and that was passed on to the patients. My father returned 5 weeks later to have 2 more stents put in and spent his time on cherry tree ward and again a full of happy staff . All in all a fantastic hospital full of expertise and very very clean and happy staff at a time that was very upsetting and emotional for us as a family. My father would also like to thank everyone for doing an amazing job and saving his life and giving him this opportunity to say so.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 15 March 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 18 March 2014

Thank you for sharing these comments. We’re very pleased to hear that your father had such a good experience at Harefield, despite the circumstances. We will pass on his thanks and your comments to the people involved – they really appreciate great feedback like this. Best wishes to you and your father.

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

absolutely brilliant!

From the start to the finish we received excellent care. It was such a shock for our family for my husband to suddenly need heart surgery, he had always been so healthy! The doctors spent enough time with him to make sure we, as a family, understood all the risks. All our questions were answered well. Being in recovery was a wonderful experience, he was looked after by a nurse who not only had the responsibility of looking after him for two days but was also running the whole unit, and what a busy unit it was! Patients appeared to be coming in and out every few minutes. She treated my husband with the utmost care and dignity as well as all the other patients and relatives. She seemed to find time for everyone.

He was only in HDU for a night and then back to Maple ward. The ward staff were lovely and nothing seemed too much bother He was home in 6 days and back to his normal self in a month.

We cannot praise Harefield enough, without the wonderful staff my husband would not be with us now. Keep up the good work!

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 26 April 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 29 April 2014

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback! Our staff truly appreciate hearing how the care they provide has a positive impact on a patient’s recovery and we’ll make sure your praise reaches the nurse on HDU. There is no doubt that Harefield is a busy place, but staff understand the shock and anxiety that patients and relatives can experience in hospital and therefore the importance of taking the time to fully explain treatment options.

Great to hear that your husband is doing well after his surgery. Wishing you both all the very best.

Alan Winter gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Heart Attack

I arrived at Harefield hospital within an hour of calling the emergency service. I feel very lucky to have been taken there, I was being taken to Watford General but had to change as a machine that was needed was being serviced, as it is a very famous heart hospital. Within an hour of arriving I had a stent put in and was in the ward. There is nothing to beat our NHS in an emergency. My treatment from the Consultant and his team was second to none and I thank them for the speed and efficiency of there work. I spent three days on Oak ward and my welfare and treatment was exemplary. Thank you so much to all the staff at Harefield hospital who made, what was a very frightening time for me and my family, the best that it could have been. Thank you from my, now almost good as new, heart.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 28 February 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 04 March 2014

Alan, thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Harefield Hospital. We are pleased to hear that your treatment went well following your heart attack which, as you say, is a very frightening time.

Harefield has one of the quickest times in the country for dealing with this type of emergency and our staff pride themselves on delivering the best care and on understanding what you and your family are going through. We will be pleased to pass on your comments to the teams involved.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

richard brackenboro gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

had a by pass

i had a by pass surgery in january was pleased with care in hospital after operation very helpful nurses and doctors could not ask for more very good service

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 03 February 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 04 February 2014

Richard, thanks very much for posting about your recent positive experience at Harefield. It is important to us that patients feel they have received excellent care throughout their stay in hospital and the clinical staff who provided your care will be delighted to hear you were so satisfied.

Ian Verdon. gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Expert Service.

I had an example, when having a heart attack, of the NHS at its best. From my first phone call to 111, in 90 mins I was sitting in a bed in Harefield Hospital, with a stent in my chest. Every part of the team work was excellent, & this continued with my treatment in Harefield Hospital. The follow up treatment from Harefield continues, & all staff there should be praised for the excellent treatment I have had, & am continuing to have.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 07 February 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 11 February 2014

Hi Ian. We are very pleased that you are so satisfied with the treatment provided at Harefield and thank you for taking the time to tell us. The team works hard to ensure our emergency heart attack treatment times are among the lowest in the country as research shows this to be crucial for patient survival and improved longer term outcomes. We wish you well for your continued recovery.

trevor chambers gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

fantastic hosp0ital

was treated by a super team of doctors and nursing staff, during the two weeks stay at Harefield, you could not ask for a better service, well done and thankyou to all staff.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 20 March 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 20 March 2014

Thanks Trevor for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at Harefield Hospital. We understand that spending two weeks in hospital can be really difficult and are therefore very encouraged to learn about your positive experience. Our clinical teams will be delighted to hear that you were so satisfied with the care provided. Wishing you the very best for the future.

Tyrone Hamilton gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

After suffering a heart attack

I was bought in on 1 January 2014 after suffering a heart attack , I was unaware of anything as I was in a coma. I have been backward and forwds loads of times a Ihave been unwell. I cannot thank the hospital enough for everything they ever done for me and my mum. I am 23 now , so grateful for what all the staff have done for me. My mum cant stop praising the hospital and neither can I . I have been treated like a king there, by all the staff! Even though no one wants to go to hospital, but this is the best place I have ever know. If you ever get a choice to go to a hospital, i would say Harefield everytime, i know you may think ts weird, but I kind of miss the palce and the brilliant staff.!

tyrone hamilton...

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 13 October 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 16 October 2014

Dear Tyrone, thanks for leaving such great feedback. Staff at Harefield understand that being admitted to hospital as an emergency is a frightening time for the patient and their family. They therefore pride themselves on providing the best possible care and support everyone involved. We are glad that this was the case for you and your mum. The team at Harefield will be delighted to read your comments. Wishing you all the very best.

cardiac arrest

My son was bought into Harefield on New Years Day, and went straight to ICU. From the moment I arrived i was comforted and looked after by the reception and security working that early morning. All the team that looked after him on ICU were unbelievable, keeping me updated on everything. When he was transferred to Oak Ward, the care he received was the best that anyone could ask for. The doctors and nurses were so professional and caring towards him and me. My son is 22 years old, very young, but the staff did everything to make his stay comfortable. Im so glad that he was transferred to this hospital. I heard so many great reviews but now I can really see what people mean. My son has been fitted with a pacemaker, and whenever we need to talk to a doctor or nurse, all staff are happy to reassure us, The best hospital and staff ive ever met at a hospital!

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 09 April 2014

Harefield Hospital replied on 11 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to acknowledge the care you and your son were given at Harefield Hospital. Our staff pride themselves on looking after everyone who comes through the door to the very best of their ability. Being reassured and kept up to date is especially important during such a worrying time, but we are also pleased to hear that you both continue to feel well looked after since leaving hospital. Your comments will be shared with our teams, and we wish you both all the best.

Yen73 gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Hospital.

It's with much thanks to the staff of this hospital (from the doctors through to the auxiliary staff) that my partner is now here. Having suffered a heart attack he was brought to Harefield where he underwent surgery. His treatment was second to none and he was treated with dignity from being admitted to the time he was discharged. The hospital was clean and well cared for and parking was easy and reasonably priced.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 20 November 2013

Harefield Hospital replied on 21 November 2013

We are very pleased to hear of your partner’s positive experience at Harefield, where we have a specialist heart attack centre (one of only eight in London), and that you also were impressed with his treatment. Our staff are proud to do their best at all times, and will certainly appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to pass on your comments to them. Thank you for taking the time to share these comments on NHS Choices.