Solihull Hospital

0121 424 2000 Lode Lane , Solihull, West Midlands, B91 2JL

Gillybean reviewed Solihull Hospital

Recently attended Solihull hospital for an endoscopy procedure. Something I was

Recently attended Solihull hospital for an endoscopy procedure. Something I was so not looking forward to! I arrived at the Endoscopy unit at the designated time and I was swiftly processed through to a small room where I changed into the garments provided by the nurse.
The room was nice and clean and the staff friendly and supportive. A nurse then came to fetch me and took me into the operating room where I was greeted by the other nurses and dr. They were a lovely friendly lot who seemed to work well as a team smiling and informing me about the procedure they were going to perform.
I can honestly say it was over very quickly and pain free. Bit of a strange sensation obviously and I did have a few breaths of gas and air along the way for a bit of cramp but not at all the horrendous experience I had feared. I was then wheeled into the recovery area where I received a much longed for cup of tea. Great team of nurses there too. Thank you all for the care, sensitivity and skills you gave me. X

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Solihull Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Solihull Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Good care

I would like to thank all the staff in AMU who treated me wonderfully on 17th August and the staff on ward 17 for their care and support during my stay 17-22 August. All the doctors and nurses treated me so well with kindness and compassion at a time when I was confused and afraid, having had severe tachycardia. Thank you Margaret Tedds.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 07 September 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your posting and for your lovely comments regarding the staff in AMU and Ward 17, at Solihull Hospital.

I am so pleased to read that the staff were caring and supportive and that you were treated with kindness and compassion.

I will forward your posting to the Senior Management team for AMU and Ward 17 and ask that your posting is shared with the staff, as I am sure they will be delighted to read your positive comments.

DYD gave General Surgery at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Team

From start to finish was stress less, the whole team on this day procedure ward was outstanding, if anyone has doubts about any operations they do here don't. They look after you with the most respect and they go through all your questions and answer them . The are fantastic,thank you so much. Dawn

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 August 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 29 August 2017

Dear Dawn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your treatment at Solihull Hospital.

It is lovely to read such positive comments, as I appreciate that it can be very daunting coming into hospital for a procedure. I am pleased that you had such a good patient experience.

I shall forward your posting to the senior management teams for General Surgery and the Day Procedure Unit. I shall ask that your posting is shared with the staff, as I am sure they will be delighted to read your comments.

I wish you a speedy recovery, following your procedure.

E Bingham gave Minor injuries unit at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment of my 7 year old daughter

I brought my 7 year old daughter to the minor injuries until at 4.30pm on a Sunday afternoon. She had broken her arm badly following a fall at home.
The staff were all lovely, we were dealt with efficiently and kept informed at all times of the actions that were being taken. My daughter's pain was managed very well and the staff were very kind to her.
A sincere thanks to a lovely team.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 17 August 2017

Dear Parent,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, regarding your daughter’s treatment in the Minor Injuries Unit at Solihull Hospital.

It is lovely to read such positive comments and I am very pleased that you had such a good experience, as I appreciate that it would have been a very anxious time for you and your daughter.

I shall forward your posting to the senior management team for the Unit and ask that it is shared with the staff, as I am sure they will be delighted to read your comments.

I wish your daughter well in her recovery.

Didy514 reviewed Solihull Hospital

The doctors and nursing staff were absolutely brilliant with mum

My 87 year old mother, who has dementia, was recently referred to Good Hope Hospital via her GP and then Solihull Hospital. Mum was found to have a malignant melanoma on her upper arm. The doctors and nursing staff were absolutely brilliant and treated mum with kindness and dignity throughout. I was allowed to stay with mum at all times as she feels anxious when she is in an unfamiliar environment.
The procedure was carried out quickly and professionally and the whole procedure took less than 7 weeks from initial GP referral to treatment.
Thank you to Mr Malahias, Dr Ashor and all nursing staff.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Solihull Hospital has not yet replied.

sandysan reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Solihull Hospital

spoken with direspect from ward manager

treated with disrespect the ward clerk was very rude on the phone updating me about my very poorly mother ,spoke to me like a piece of dirt , what has happened to respect today ??
if they cant liase in a nice professional manner then don't do the job is what I say I hope my mother never has to go on this ward again its terrible ,

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 09 August 2017

Dear Relative,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry to have read your comments and how you were made to feel by a member of the Trust’s staff. This is not how we would expect a worried relative to be spoken to.

If you would be willing to provide further details such as your name and address, together with your mother’s details, as a Trust we would be more than happy to look into these issues. You can do this by either contacting a member of the Patient Services Team on 0121 424 0808 (lines open 9am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday) or you can email your concerns to bhs-tr.Complaints-ConcernsandCompliments@nhs.net

Mrs Happy reviewed Solihull Hospital

A first class service

My teenage daughter had a mole removed from her nose in the Dermatology department at Solihull.
She received excellent care from two nurses pre operatively, one was called Vera. They completely put my daughter at ease, were friendly, knowledgeable and made both my daughter and myself feel safe.
Dr Zaki, introduced himself to my daughter first and then to me which I liked, he too put her at her ease and made her feel safe. During the procedure the theatre staff were friendly and made us feel cared for. Following the procedure we we were both made a cup of tea and given some biscuits.
A first class service. Thank you very much.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Marie Helebert, Patient Services Officer, Patient Services, Heart of England Foundation Trust replied on 30 August 2017

Dear Mrs Happy
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback about your teenage daughter's recent procedure to remove a mole from her nose.
I am so pleased to note that you feel she received a first class service throughout, and that the staff who looked after your daughter pre-operatively, you felt were knowledgeable, friendly and helped to make both you and your daughter feel that she was in safe hands.
It is lovely to read that you were also happy with Dr Zaki; that he made your daughter feel at ease and again, helped you both to feel safe, this is so important both to our young patients and their worried parents!
I will ensure that your feedback is highlighted to Dr Zaki and the Dermatology Team, as well as to the Theatres Matron who will both be thrilled to read your feedback and ensure it is highlighted to all of their respective teams who work very hard; feedback such as yours gives our staff such a great boost!
I hope my actions are acceptable and thank you for your comments, patient and family feedback is very important to us.
My best wishes to your daughter for her continued recovery.
Marie Helebert

Anonymous gave Solihull Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Blood Test

I was sent by my GP for a blood test. The service was really efficient and I was very pleased about how quickly I was seen. The staff were polite but not very friendly, and barely spoke to me: it was all a bit robotic and I felt like a number rather than a patient. I was also a bit confused by the ticket system (and watched lots of people come in after me also looking lost) - I think a slightly clearer or bigger sign to let people know what to do or where to go on arrival would be helpful.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 12 August 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 14 August 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your blood test, which was done at Solihull Hospital.

I pleased that you found the service to be efficient and that the staff were polite; however I am very sorry that you felt the staff were not friendly and that you found the ticket system confusing.

I shall forward your posting to the senior management team, so that there are aware and ask that it is shared with the staff, to highlight your experience.

Mike Thompson gave Minor injuries unit at Solihull Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Delay at reception

Arrived at reception at 6:30pm today with suspected broken ankle.
Queued for 15minutes before seeing receptionist.
Booked in around 6:45pm.
No-one liked at me.
At 7:45pm a very quietly spoken nurse announced a 2-3hour delay due to only 1 doctor.
A number of people left without informing reception.
I then informed reception that I was leaving. They said why? I informed them of the announcement. They then called someone and informed me that there were only 2 people on front of me......!!
I overheard them telling new arrivals of the 2-3hour wait.
Pretty much non-one new is staying.

Exactly what is going on?

Who on earth knows the truth.

Update... 8:30pm....just had xray ahead of folks before me in the queue.

Very professional xray.

Just seems so disorganized.... precious resources poorly used

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 21 August 2017

Dear Mr Thompson,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, regarding your attendance to the Minor Injuries Unit at Solihull Hospital.

I am sorry to have read your comments regarding your patient experience. If you would be willing to provide further details such as your date of birth and address, as a Trust we would be more than happy to look into these issues. You can do this by either contacting a member of the Patient Services Team on 0121 424 0808 (lines open 9am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday) or you can email your concerns to bhs-tr.Complaints-ConcernsandCompliments@nhs.net

I shall forward your posting to the senior management team for MIU, so they are aware of your comments. In addition, I will forward your posting the senior management team for Radiology.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Solihull Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unprofessional team

We are asked to go Minor Injuries for blood tests which were duel taken by a doctor on Friday and sent via dailu courier to Heartlands. After a 3 hour wait were told to go home and wait for bloods to be processed on Monday. After 5 days of waiting no results available and the Minor injuries team are not forthcoming about what happened to samples? And refused to locate the samples too. Asked to raise a formal complaint which will look at paper work. But in the meantime those blood samples are sitting in some laboratory unprocessed and wated. If the test did not involve a child you could accept a repeat test. However this unacceptable anc completely unprofessional to Subject a patient to a test and not take onus of finding out what the results show. Please save your self and go a proper Emergency services in Heartlands where doctors and nurses will atleast listen to your concerns.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 24 August 2017

Dear Relative,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the Minor Injuries Unit at Solihull.

Following receipt of correspondence from you on 23rd August 2017, as you aware, this matter is currently being actioned.