Barnet Hospital

Telephone: * 0845 111 4000
Address: Wellhouse Lane, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 3DJ
Website: http://www.bcf.nhs.uk

nadiaconway gave Accident and emergency services at Barnet Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a and e admission

Following an fit I was admitted first of all to Resuscitation, then to A and E and finally to the Adult assessment unit. At all times I was treated with courtesy and told. what was happening. After a wait of about an hour the doctor came and examined me very thoroughly. He sent me for Cat scan. He explained what I was being tested for and why and what the next steps will be. Overall I was very satisfied with my treatment.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 22 April 2014

Barnet Hospital replied on 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your positive experience regarding your admittance to our Resuscitation, A & E and the Adult Assessment Unit. I hope to assure you that such feedback is very much appreciated and we will ensure that it circulated to the team involved as well as to our senior management and Directors.

Charlie Cowan gave Maternity service at Barnet Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Big Fans of Starlight Neonatal Unit

This review is of Starlight Neonatal Unit--not of any other maternity service at Barnet. As parents of a premature baby (34 + 5 weeks), we were very impressed and pleased with the level of care given to us and our child. With only two exceptions (there are always a few), the staff were professional, compassionate and dedicated.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 20 April 2014

richard ward gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Barnet Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Nursing staff

In cedar ward for 5 days all the nursing staff worked very hard and were fantastic.
The only downer was the food thank the Lord I had family bringing food in

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 17 April 2014

Barnet Hospital replied on 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and I will ensure that your praise is shared with the nursing staff and the management team. I am sorry to learn that you did not find the quality of the food of a high standard and will also see that this is passed onto the catering team. I notice that your response is anonymous and, therefore, should you wish to receive a response on this issue then please do contact our Patient, Advice and Liaison Team (PALS) by email at bcfpals@nhs.net.

Sallyann hUNN gave Orthopaedics at Barnet Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Waiting 16 mths for operation, lied to, op cancelled today

No one seems to know what is going no. Calls are not answered or returned. Staff lie about things.
The latest. op cancelled as they do not have the equipment in.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 16 April 2014

Barnet Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Barnet Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you to all the Coronary Care Unit staff

Best compliments to the Coronary Care Unit for looking after my dad so splendidly! I've worked at a few NHS Trusts over the course of my career in oncology but I've never yet encountered such amazingly friendly, kind, caring, and professional staff. Really can't thank you enough - you're all such superstars!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 15 April 2014

Neil B gave Orthopaedics at Barnet Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No one bothers to answer the phone in Orthapedic department!

I ma trying to avoid wasting the hospital's time by checking what I should do re a ruptured tendon. Noone bothered answering the phone at 4.56pm on a weekday. On calling back I was told they don't answer the phone after 5pm. Not impressed by the jobsworth attitude and especially not answering phones before 5pm. Anyway, what kind of health system is it that operates 9-5 Mon-Fri? Seems as if the service is run for the benefit of the staff not the patients!

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 11 April 2014

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Barnet Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cedar Ward

From start to finish, the treatment could not have been better. Everyone involved in my treatment was kind and attentive. The surgeons kept me informed of everything, the nurses, what can I say? At every level, from Matron downward, the level of care was amazing!

There is one slight problem, the catering.

At this point, anyone reading this will expect a rant on how bad the food was.
Yes, its not the best, it is what it is.

The lady in charge of catering to the ward was rude and uncaring. She talked at people, not to them. rarely even listening for a reply.
An elderly man asked if he could have sugar in his tea. 'No, I already done yours' she said. I offered to get him some, she told me that I cant touch the trolley. 'You aint allowed'
The same man had been awaiting transport to take him home, he was still there at 6pm. The nurse asked if there was a sandwich that he could have. 'No cos i gotta ring down'
was the reply. We gave him my sandwich, I could always get another.
This was the attitude to each person she talked to, myself included. I chose to eat out as I could walk. What would it have been like, if I were immobile?
I don't think that dealing with the public is suited to her.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 11 April 2014

Mrs O'Brien gave Neurology at Barnet Hospital a rating of 1 stars

PALS support absent from this hospital!

I had paid a lot of money to obtain a copy of a digital (DVD) medical record of a procedure. My gastroenterology consultant promised to return this to me as soon as they had viewed it. It's been over year and despite numerous telephone calls to their staff I have been unable to retrieve my property. It has been 4 weeks since I made a complaint with PALS team. Aside from an initial acknowledgement of my complaint they have not responded to any of my emails.

Poor Service and theft of my property.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 31 March 2014

Anonymous gave Maternity service at Barnet Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I nearly died and then my new born actually did

Useless from the start
I was in hospital due to pregnancy complications, they completely missed i had preclampsia and then when they did I had an emergecnt c section. I delievred twins, i dont feel my twins were looked after properly in the first week, as a result my son got sick and died.

To add, when I first got admitted no one even came to see me. They gave me antibiotics and each dr started a different frequency of dosage. I wish I had gone private, this cost me my child.

The maternity consultants are good - if you ever get to see one. I only saw them after the seriousness of my condition was realised. In neonatal the care was fine but i am sure they were not as vigilant as they should have been for my son.

Visited in April 2012. Posted on 30 March 2014

Barnet Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Barnet Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Not happy with service

Very dissapointed...went on Monday with so much pain on back and arm.Been waiting for 3 hrs.Doctor send me home without doing anything. They send me to GP.Now I stay home with pain.Can't go work and can't sleep.They gave me painkillers.But im still not well.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 25 March 2014

Barnet Hospital has not yet replied.

* Sorry, we have been unable to determine the costs of calls made to numbers starting in 0845 1114 at this time.