Leicester Royal Infirmary

0300 303 1573 Leicester Royal Infirmary, Infirmary Square , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5WW

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

useless service

Dermatology Leicester royal useless service!!!! Horrendous waiting times that In the end just left a rude and horrible receptionist who hasn't got a clue very disorganised department i will putting a formal complaint through and contacting the parlimentary and health service ombudsmen.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 18 April 2017

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to leave a review however we are most concerned with your comments. Without additional details, it is difficult for us to review and assess your comments, therefore we would be most grateful if you would email Jodie Bale, General Manager for the Service email: jodie.bale@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your name, address, date of birth hospital number and Jodie will be in contact with you. Not only would we like to address the waiting time query but confirm details with regards to the receptionist and how were you dealt with. Best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Lorraine gave Accident and emergency services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Urgent Care Centte

Just come back from a 5 hour wait at the UCC, one Doctor only on duty Friday and Saturday night!, absolute disgrace.
Surely it can't be safe to only have one Doctor on through the night.
Doctor was brilliant but when do they have time to eat, drink etc a, tragedy waiting to happen. Felt so so sorry for the doctor. Lots of people there in pain and its not on having to wait 5/6 hours for treatment because no other Doctor could be found. It's unsafe, shame on you the Doctors who couldn't be found!!!!!!
The drunks alone take up one Doctor!am appalled at such a practise ,shame on you CEO, you need to ensure the health of your staff and patients.
Thank you to the calm patient Doctor on duty

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 25 April 2017

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience after visiting the Urgent Care Centre at the Royal Infirmary, and can only apologise for the lack of staff on duty during this time. We have passed your feedback onto the team to investigate further and to help eliminate this from happening again.

We do want to thank you for complimenting the doctor on duty who treated you. If you wish to name them personally, please email: communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk so we can pass your feedback on.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback - your comments are really important to us and help us to improve our service for future patients.

We hope you are recovering well.

Communications Team
Leicester's Hospitals

NHS Nurse reviewed Leicester Royal Infirmary

Not seen, after hours of waiting

I attended on Thursday night at 23: 30hrs due to a hand injury. I was sent to "minors" and waited for over 2hrs, only to be told I would be waiting at least another 5hrs to be seen by a nurse who would then decide if I needed an x-ray (which I did need). I walked out in disgust at the lack of ability to decision make, professionalism and basic ability to have any common sense.
It is common sense that the first triage nurse sends you to the right area of need ie: xray, bloods, etc.. Not to another waiting room to lose the will to live waiting for another nurse to make the same decision. Minors also closes at 2am, so if you haven't been seen, you join the Majors waiting list!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 19 April 2017

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Accident & Emergency and we would like to apologise for your waiting time. We hope that with the opening of our new A&E Department on 26 April, we will be in a better position that such needs as x-ray's etc will be handled more promptly. Unfortunately all patients initially have to be assessed and depending on the seriousness of the injury depends when you might go through to be treated. This does on occasion force some patients to have to wait a considerable time. We are sorry that you felt it necessary to walk out before treatment could be concluded. Once again however we do apologise.

Regards, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Juliaward gave Accident and emergency services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

My stay in ward 15

I would really like to thank all the staff on Ward 15 for the care I received during my stay. . Staff were friendly and proffesional at all times. . A special thanks to 2 night nurses that were fantastic. Both of whom couldn't do enough to make sure you had everything needed and lifted spirits. A big thank you.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 11 April 2017

Dear Julia, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are delighted that you had such a positive experience and your comments will be circulated to the staff involved in your care. We really appreciate when specific wards/staff are complimented, it means a lot to those areas to know they are doing the very best they can and are recognised for their hard work and dedication. Thank you and best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Rasmita gave Gynaecology at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Emergency visit to GAU LRI

I would like to say a big thank you to the doctor and all their team at the Gynalogical Assessment unit. I visited this GAU this morning under short notice and from the moment I got there, I was treated with respect and dignity.

I cannot praise the whole team enough including the doctor.

All staff are a real credit to UHL.
Rasmita Chauhan

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 18 April 2017

Dear Rasmita, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for GAU. We are very pleased to hear that you received such a high level of care and treatment and your comments will be circulated to the teams involved in your care. We know our staff do an excellent job, but it is very much appreciated when a patient recognises the good work they do. Thank you again and best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Coloscopy outpatient

The service and care I received was excellent from reception to nursing staff. I did have to wait over my appointment time but my appointment letter did include information regarding this so I was aware. The nursing staff were thorough regarding what the procedure would involve and I was given the opportunity to ask questions. My treatment was carried out with care and professionalism and I would be happy to recommend this department to other women.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 19 April 2017

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Gynaecology at Leicester Royal Infirmary. We are pleased to hear that you were given the opportunity to discuss your treatment, answering any questions you may have had and that you were happy with the high level of care given. Your comments will be circulated to the staff involved in your care. Best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Carolyn Willows gave General Surgery at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Not how I had intended to spend my week!

Being admitted to hospital as an emergency because you have appendicitis is really not fun, and is certainly not how I'd planned to spend my day. At every step though I could not have asked for better care - from my GP, who agreed that something was definitely not right, from the bed bureau who called me back promptly and made sure I knew exactly which hospital and ward to go to, and most especially from the staff themselves. Parts of this experience have been unsettling. Parts have been downright frightening. At every stage there have been smiling faces, happy to share jokes and chat about nothings, and of course always introducing themselves by their first names. (Sorry to the staff member in ultrasound, I do like you really, partly because you didn't tell me off for swearing when you made my pain score hit a solid 10 but mostly because it was your scan that showed it was definitely my appendix!) Don't get me wrong, I firmly hope never to meet any of the people I've met the last few days ever again, but if I do have to come back here, I am happy that it will be to more friendly people who very clearly care a great deal. And isn't that what the NHS is all about?

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 19 April 2017

Dear Carolyn, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for General Surgery at Leicester Royal Infirmary. Appreciating fully that 'being admitted to hospital as an emergency' is not high on anyone's agenda, we are pleased that you were met by friendly, caring and informative people and your treatment was swiftly sorted on diagnosis. Our staff do care a great deal and we recognize that they do an excellent job but it is all the more appreciated when a patient or family member recognise it. Your comments will be circulated to the teams involved in your care. Best wishes with your recuperation, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Prompt and efficient care

A relative was recently admitted in an emergency situation and we are very grateful for the immediate attention they received and the fantastic care in CCU especially. We were a little less bowled over by the general medical wards where communication and response to patients needs could be improved , but it was clean and his needs were eventually met.
The hospital inpatient menu was extensive and the quality of the cooked food seemed good. However there was far too much to choose from and small portions should be offered to ill patients to avoid waste, of which there was much. The sandwiches were poor quality and could be made more interesting and nutritious. The volunteer cafe on the ground floor was much more pleasant and cleaner than the noisy one near the court yard downstairs.
Staff were generally pleasant and approachable. We would have liked information to be given to us rather than have to keep seeking it out and feeling a nuisance. Communication about treatment could have been clearer and this would have reduced stress levels.
The hospital is situated a short walk from the city centre and served well by frequent buses. There are two other hospitals in Leicester and it is very fortunate to have these facilities. Thank you.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 14 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 19 April 2017

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Accident & Emergency at Leicester Royal Infirmary. Your comments are appreciated and we are glad your relative was treated immediately and received a high standard of care. All of your other comments will be shared with the different management teams for review. We hope your relative is now recuperating well, best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Madeleine Johnston gave Accident and emergency services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Attended a&e for badly broken wrist

I went to a&e after having a nasty fall , it was absolutely packed , but one of the staff noticed my hand was badly deformed and got me a wheelchair, as I felt faint , I was taken straight through, assessed immediately, given pain relief, taken straight to X-rays, then straight back to doctor , and then to the plaster room where after more pain relief and gas & air my wrist was manipulated back into line and then temporarily placed in a cast , they where rushed of there feet but I was given priority, which I was truly grateful, all the staff where amazing even though they where under extreme pressure , special thanks to the doctor in the fracture clinic and their team , I truly appreciate all you guys do , thank you once again

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 16 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 19 April 2017

Dear Madeleine, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Accident & Emergency (A&E) at Leicester Royal Infirmary. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience on arrival at A&E and you were treated promptly. It is a very busy department which is why patients are assessed on arrival and obviously on this occasion you were given priority due to the treatment and care you required, which as you say you appreciated.

Your comments will be passed onto the teams involved in your care. We hope you are recuperating well, best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Poor service

My name is Teresa, I suffer from Balance/Dizziness ( vertigo) since 4th Feb 2017 after a long wait of 7weeks got an appointment with ENT on 2nd April 2017. I was told that I would be send an appointment through post for Physio & some test for further investigation. It's been 3weeks since I saw the ENT & I haven't received any letter till date. I m off from work for 10weeks, I do not understand why I m being treated so poorly. Can someone please respond to this matter.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.