Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

absolutely rediculs

my partner had a operation on her leg at 4 pm came home and after a few hours her leg started to bleed so I rung 111 and they sent an ambulance that took us to Burnley urgent care we sat in a cubicle for approximately 4 hrs while the nurses and doctors had a good chin wag about their holidays and than watched YouTube about the news report about Blackburn hospital and my partner was uncomfortable and not offered any pain killers I had to go and ask for some not very happy about it at 2.30 am when I have to go to work in the morning

Burnley General Hospital replied on 08 February 2017

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Your comments have been shared with the team. If you would like us to look into the matter further for you please could you contact us to provide more information. You can contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471 or alternatively you can email the Patient Experience Team at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk
If you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations Team on 01254 733700 or by emailing complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

K. B. reviewed Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital

If we think that its not an emergency and calpol will help w

Went to emergeny last night with my 2 years old. Waiting time was ok, becouse we ring 111 before. So gp call us in just about 10 mins... but thr where the good ends. My little girt was having 40°+ tempreature, sore troath, bad cough, couldnt eat, blood in vomits, rash from high tempreature... doctor check her chest and troath and advise to continue giving calpol with nurofen (whitch i was giving for 3rd day and she was getting worst and worst) when i ask for antibiotics they said no its viral and write me cough sirup instead. The doctor seems more intresting about me then do their job properly. When we get out i told everything to my husband and he discourse dougters symptoms with pharmacist and advise to ring them back and get antibiotics!! So we did that. But tha person on phone was sooo rude. But realy rude. And at the end they put the phone down.
So we get true night and went to our gp in morning. They check her properly her ears troat chest tepreature and said that she definitly needs antibiotics!!!

Burnley General Hospital replied on 10 February 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience in the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Maureen A gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The staff on Endoscopy Unit could not have been better.

I was very nervous before the endoscopy even though I have had the procedure before.
But the Receptionist, Nurses and Doctor were so pleasant that they made the experience much better for me.
I did not have sedation and I am pleased to say that I coped very well with everything.
Thank you to all the staff in the unit. You are doing a wonderful job.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 13 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your visit to Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such wonderful feedback about the visit and that the experience was much better due to the staff being so pleasant. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to provide us with further information about the care provided then we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colposcopy Visit

I was referred to the clinic after a cervical smear test came back showing abnormal cells. I was apprehensive to say the least. The doctor and nurse who looked after me were amazing, they talked through everything with me, answered all of my questions and made sure I was comfortable. Throughout the treatment they talked to me and I left feeling calm and relieved, I felt like I had been looked after by genuinely lovely people who cared about not just treating my medical needs but looking after me as well.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your visit to the Gynaecology Department at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about your colposcopy procedure experience. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such lovely feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff

Attended last night due to a stuck piercing. All staff from reception to triage to doctor and practice nurse couldn't have been nicer. I was treated with respect at all times.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the visit. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Jayne gregory gave Pain Management at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Day case surgery- 06/02/17

I was on elective a day case surgery. I have Crohn's disease that has been terrible for a while, I went to the toilet prior to going to theatre. I was taken upstairs to level1theatre's but felt I needed to go again. A HCA came with a chair and rushed me back in the lift to the day case ward, as there was no toilet available in theatre's and due to infection control were unable to use the nearest wards.
After having sedation for the 1st time in ages I felt very rushed after the afternoon staff arrived. Patient's coming back from theatre with nowhere ready as am patient still in bed spaces!
Very stressed about two incidences on an already stressful day.

Burnley General Hospital replied on 24 February 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding elective day case surgery at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced feeling rushed and stressed during your visit. I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the senior staff for the department and shared with the team. However, if you would like us to look into this further for you please could you contact us to provide more information. You can contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471 or alternatively you can email the Patient Experience Team at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk
If you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or by emailing complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

Paul gave General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exceptional standard of care

At a time when the staff of the NHS are under increasing scrutiny and subject to a great deal of critisism i feel that i had to comment on my own experience this week. On the 15th February i attended Burnley General Hospital for elective surgery on a painful cyst in my wrist. Whilst i am the first to acknowledge thst this is far from the most serious of medical matters it was obviously important to me in order to relieve the pain and allow me to get back to work without pain relief medication.
During the six hour duration of my hospital stay I was attended by around eight different members of staff from nurses to senior nurses to surgeons and anaesthists, porters and post operative care staff. Without exception they were all polite , patient, attentive, kind, considerate, cheerful, funny and charming whilst still being at all times totally professional and yet compassionate. I cannot stress enough how my day was made so much easier by the actions of these people.
Some may say that this should be expected but the level of care and courtesy shown by every single member of sraff far exceeded my expectations and has left a lasting impression on me.
Further more i know that I am not alone in my opinion as i has an hour or so in recovery before i was allowed to leave and spent the time chatting to two other male patients who had also had surgery and they too were full of praise for the attitude and dedication of the staff.
Whilst the NHS is not without its faults (and my wait for the operation could certainly have been shorter ) the attitude and application of the staff is in my opinion one of its strongest points and they deserve our gratitude when they make such an effort instead of just being subject to critisism when things may not be to peoples liking. I hope this e_mail is seen by at least some of the staff and they can be made aware of how their actions are appreciated .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 February 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 24 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your visit to General Surgery for elective surgery on your wrist at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the visit on 15th February. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Laura Graham gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic stay at gynaecology day ward

I came for a laparoscopy on the 17th of January and the service I received was great from the start. Quick and efficient. Made me feel at ease with it being my first operation nothing felt like to much for the nurses and gynaecologist and team were amazing. Definitely recommend. Felt like everyone took my concerns and questions very seriously. Thank you

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 18 January 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 19 January 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your admission to the Gynaecology Day Case Unit at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the care and treatment provided by the staff. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information about your admission then we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Melissa Almond
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

June Billett gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Would recommend

I attended for endoscopy in January 2017 I was a bit apprehensive as I have had this procedure before but not at this hospital.

The staff were brilliant very caring, professional, easy to talk to.

The procedure was not as bad as I thought it would be. I opted for the sedation, was talked through everything thoroughly. The endoscopy staff and ward staff are a credit to BGH

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 10 February 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the endoscopy experience. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

5hours wait into 10hours stabbed in head from armed robbery

Basically my father was working in his shop when armed robber tried to rob him, he defended himself anyway he could but he ended up getting knifed to his head, father not realising he got knifed to his head. Armed robber fled, police came asap and ambulance. Taken father burnley urgent care about 10pm and waited for 9hours to see a doctor about his head injury, patients kept on coming after my father and seen less than hour and sent home...only been told 7hours later only 1 doctor is working tonight... and once my father was seen by a doctor was told it will heal by itself... so me and my father and my 6months pregnant wife was waiting 9 long hours just to be told this...the nurse could of told this in the beginning...instead we wasted our time just to be told this...absolutely waste of time...disgraceful...my father hadn't eaten all day and very tired from working in his shop. Providing public service and this is what he gets in return...just got home 7.30am

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 January 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 03 January 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am very sorry you have concerns about the length of time your father experienced waiting to be seen by a doctor. I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the team.