Check here for alerts

Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Assistance not provided

Early Pregnancy Unit, very unhappy with the level of service provided. Asked for assistance via telephone, Wife suffering from various symptoms in EP which could be a miscarriage - no compassion, no sympathy, instead a nurse was able to give a UTI diagnosis over the phone?!?!....advised no scanning available after 6PM....................which leads me to conclude that the service isn't really geared up towards those who work (not a surprise given experience of NHS services over the last 12 months).In all in all, service has left two very worried 'potential parents to be' without help and direction. Thanks again!!!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 08 November 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding your contact with the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and thank you for taking the time to do so.

I am very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service provided. We are keen to look into the matter further for you, so I would be grateful if you could contact me to provide more details. You can contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or alternatively you can email the Patient Experience Team at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk

If you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful staff

Arrived at 8am and was seen straight away by a very nice triage nurse and more or less straight away by the doctor thrnnoff to X-ray straight in and sorted in no time at all, slight mishap on the car park with another persons car staff were fantastic in coming to find me and did a brilliant job of finding the owner of the "stray" car, security were great too, member of staff even found a wheelchair for my daughter to help her to the car.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 10 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 14 November 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding your visit and to hear that you found the staff to be very helpful. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the staff who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent nurses

I stayed on the ward for a hysterectomy and the nurses looked after me superbly. I cannot fault them except they were rushed off their feet, never stopping to do their job and the long hours. 3 nurses stood out Very friendly as we're the others but these 3 nurses took extra time. The food was good and the drinks trolley was a god send. Staff also lovely. I had a room of my own and it was kept clean. I stayed for 3 days. I would of liked to talk to my surgeon abit more. They seemed in a rush and couldn't believe I had no follow up appointment with anyone to make sure everything was healing as it should be. I have rang the ward telling them I have concerns and they have been very reassuring. Thanks again to all the team for looking after me.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 17 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 November 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent admission to Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding your admission and to hear that the staff looked after you superbly. I will ensure your comments and thanks are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good admission we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Andy and laura gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Horrific time made less horrific

We were refered to the gynaecologist department at lwnb centre after finding out my wife had suffered from a silent miscarrige. from the minute we walked in we could not fault the service my wife received. Every single member of the team that we had contact with were a credit to the hospital, and the NHS. The level of care and compassion that we received was nothing short of fantastic. The place was immaculate, nothing was too much trouble and we were talked through every stage of the treatment. I can't thank the staff enough for making this visit for a horrific reason far more bearable. This is the first time i have felt strongly enough to write a review for anything. People are far too quick to moan when something goes wrong. This department is truly a credit to the hospital. Thank you so, so much

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 20 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 November 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your visit to the Gynaecology department at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the service you and your wife received and to hear that you were treated with such care and compassion by the staff which made your visit more bearable. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be grateful to receive such positive feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

joanne rigby gave Surgery - Breast at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast Cancer

I went for my first mammogram and was called back to Burnley Hospital for further tests, I live in Preston so its a bit of a way but after getting diagnosed and having a treatment plan and surgery the whole process has only taken six weeks which i think is amazing and I have had the best treatment and continue to do so.Thank you for the screening programme as I would be in different situation in six months time if it had not been found, I have stage one but grade three cancer.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 21 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 November 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent treatment at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the treatment you have received and continue to receive. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be grateful to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this so positive we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

lou gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

humiliated

basically took my father this morning.. was told by a physiotherapist.. yes not a doctor a physiotherapist he shouldn't be in urgent care but seeing as though he was there he would be treated ..was the exact words .. needless to say he left with a broken foot.. so where else would you go .. my dad is 68 .. from being seen by the member of staff, and I was spoken down to.. huffed and puffed at .. ignored .. at some point ridiculed and looked down upon . where else would you go with a broken foot.. b n q ?, .. very poor care .. very condescending and very disrespectful

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 21 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 November 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital.

I am sorry to hear of your experience when you attended the department with your father. If you would like us to look into the matter further for you, please could you contact me to provide more details. You can contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or alternatively you can email the Patient Experience Team at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk

If you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or by emailing complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

Anonymous reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Burnley General Hospital

Respiratory medicine

Been trying to get through to Respiratory Medicine at 7.0 at Burnley for 4 days now, as the machine i need to sleep hooked up to needs to be replaced before 01/12/16. I did go in for an appointment to change it on 01/01/16, but they didn't have a replacement, and were going to call me back in. Why am I surprised they haven't?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 25 November 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding your attempts to contact Respiratory Medicine at Burnley General Hospital.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced in contacting the department. We are keen to look into the matter further for you and would be grateful if you could contact us to provide more details. You can contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or alternatively you can email the Patient Experience Team at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk

Alan Lowe gave Orthopaedics at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Full knee replacement/18 November 2016

I went into Burnley hospital ward 15 for a full knee replacement, although I was anxious I needed have been, the care is amazing, the nursing staff work so hard and always have time for you, they do a fantastic job . One of my concerns was always the cleanliness but had no worries there either as its spotless, it's also a very quiet ward - Well done ward 15.and thank you once again.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 27 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 28 November 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent admission to Ward 15 at Royal Blackburn Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding your admission and to hear that the staff worked so hard and you found the care provided to be ‘amazing’. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the staff who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

CG gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care from everyone

Had cause to visit here on a Friday evening and have to say the service and treatment were excellent. From the receptionist who helped me book my friend in to all the staff we saw, I couldn't have hoped for better. Thank you all for making a difficult situation much better!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 28 November 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 29 November 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the treatment and service provided. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the staff who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information so we can understand the bits of the experience that made this such a good visit we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Andrew harrison reviewed Cardiology at Burnley General Hospital

Cardiology dept

Very efficient friendly nurses had esg taken within 10minutes of arrival.cardiologist saw 5minutes later.explained further action examination of my chest they took notes.etc. my whole appointment was over within 1/2hour of my appointment time. Burnley general hospital is excellent. I have had a operation here in the past&a endoscopy.plus eye clinic appointments all my visits have been stress free. All staff are very efficient and friendly. On the down side I need to use ambulance transport that takes a long time to bring me home due to physical&mental health problems.anxiety due to having to wait.this does bring stress and panick attacks on to me.but Burnley hospital is excellent.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 05 December 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Cardiology Department at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

With regard to ambulance transport, this is not managed by East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust but by the North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust. I will ensure your comments are brought to the attention of their Patient Experience department, however, they can be contacted at Patient.Experience@nwas.nhs.uk