Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Burnley General Breast Clinic

After experiencing unusual and recent breast pain I was immediately referred to Burnley General Breast Clinic by my GP. The responsive Appointments Team called me the same day and arranged an appointment for me the following week. The Breast Team were wonderful, they were respectful, friendly and utterly professional as were the Breast Screening team. When you are feeling vulnerable and frightened their considerate and reassuring attitude fills you with confidence and positivity. I would not hesitate to recommend Burnley General Breast Clinic to anyone requiring their services.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 14 July 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 July 2016

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of the Breast Clinic at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am so pleased you found the team to be wonderful, respectful, friendly and professional. It is heartening to hear that when you were feeling vulnerable and afraid, the staff were able to reassure you. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team who I am sure will be delighted to hear such lovely feedback.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on Helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk

Roger Markman gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urology Endoscopy Burnley General Thursday 21 July 2016

All the staff on the Urology Ward are outstanding in all respects. This must be one of the finest hospital wards anywhere!! Above all they have a kindest and warmth that can only be described as loving. If anyone has any doubts whatsoever that medicine is no longer a vocation, come along and meet the staff on this ward! Everyone who had any contact with me, and among these there were quite a few with clipboards doubly and triple checking all my details, were so polite and caring. There was never any rush and I was given plenty of time to ask questions and even chat. This is so reassuring in, what is after all, a stressful situation. Even the post op sandwiches and coffee was great! Decaf readily available! If you are reading this because you are wanting to know what to expect before you attend this Ward be reassured. You cannot be in better hands and in a warm and emotionally supportive environment. This is twenty first medicine at its very best!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 22 July 2016

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Barbara Howarth gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely delighted. A very caring team

Very heartwarming to read all the positive reviews. I visited the unit today to have my cataract op. All the staff were very friendly and explained exactly what was happening all the time. The consultant was very assuring during the op, explaining what was happening. All in all, a very pleasant experience. Thank you to all the staff. B. Howarth

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 22 July 2016

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Bill Hesmondhalgh gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

endoscopy unit. Burnley.

I attended the endoscopy dept.on the 16th.june 2016. They are superb. The dept. is spotlessly clean and well equipped.The organisation is good and all the trained staff are kind ,knowledgable and a credit to the hospital and the NHS in general.No one should have any worries about attending this dept. for treatment
Bill Hesmondhalgh.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 23 June 2016

Dear Mr Hesmondhalgh
Many thanks for your comments regarding your experience of the Endoscopy Department at Burnley General Hospital and for taking the time to do so. I am so pleased that you found the staff to be kind and knowledgable, and that the department is clean and well organised. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such lovely feedback.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and Best Wishes.
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy at Burnley general hospital

Have just had a colonoscopy at Burnley general hospital. I was very fearful but I must say the staff were amazing and the proceedure only uncomfortable nothing like I had dreaded or like some of the horror stories you read. I wouldn't be afraid at all if I hah it again. Wonderful staff.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 June 2016

Many thanks for your comments regarding your experience of Colonoscopy at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I can understand this can be an anxious time but am so pleased that you found the staff wonderful and that they obviously put you at ease. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such lovely comments
Many thanks again for commenting and Best Wishes.
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Arthur Halton gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class treatment at Burnley General Eye Clinic Ward 6

I have recently had cataract surgery at Burnley General Eye Clinic Ward 6, which so far has been a huge success. I cannot praise the staff enough. The consultant is thoroughly approachable and whose calm manner from day one of my consultations instilled in me nothing but confidence and trust. The anaesthetist was really polite and although not there to administer anaesthetic, except in an emergency, explained they would be monitoring my condition throughout which again instilled confidence in me. The nurses, ward staff and theatre staff were kind and considerate and could not have been more helpful in assisting me to relax before and after the operation and answered any questions I had respectfully. They also had a sense of humour which gave the ward a warm atmosphere. I would also like to thank the staff on the switchboard who were very courteous and very helpful especially when arranging appointments around holidays that were already booked.
This was my first ever operation so I was naturally somewhat nervous and apprehensive but I needn't have been. The staff soon put me at ease and told me that my fears were unfounded and although my operation was carried out whilst I was fully awake under a local anaesthetic, I can honestly say I hardly felt a thing. I would certainly recommend this hospital and ward to anyone awaiting eye treatment or surgery.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 26 June 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 01 July 2016

Dear Mr Halton
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of cataract surgery at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am so pleased that you had such a positive experience and that staff were kind and considerate. It is heartening to hear that staff put you at ease and allayed your fears as it can be a scary time especially as this was your first operation. I do hope you are recovering well. I will forward your feedback to the team who I am sure will be delighted to hear such positive comments.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

No Better Place

I was refetrred to The Burnley Breast Unit in early June 2016. From start to this part of my treatment I have had the most exceptional support and service from everyone I have had dealings with. Every single member of staff which also includes pre op and ward 4B at Whiston are true professionals and do the most fantastic work. What was a frightening and difficult time was made so much easier by the support, reassurance and advice provided. My consultant and mcmillan nurse are an absolute credit to our fantastic NHS. All too often people only write negative reviews about poor service, but it equally important to acknowledge excellent serivice..hence this review. I am one eternally grateful service user of our NHS.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 14 July 2016

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of the Breast Unit at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am so pleased that you experienced such exceptional support from all staff including your Consultant and McMillan Nurse at what was clearly a frightening and difficult time for you. It is heartening to hear that you experienced an excellent service.
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Very rude reception staff

being 6 weeks pregnant with severe nausea and mooting g for 2 days not being able to eat or drink was advised by midwife to attend urgent care centre as may be dehydrated and need admitting when checking in the reception was extremely rude when I explained my situation and told the receptionist that my midwife had told me to attend the receptionist actually laughed out loud and sarcastically replied "it's coz your pregnant" The receptionist made me feel stupid and like I was wasting people's time I was simply following the midwife said se to attend hospital I found the receptionist to be extremely unprofessional and rude there was no need for them to say anything let alone rude remarks!!!!! Cannot complain about the nurses very good care recieved just a rude abrupt receptionist who is clearly is wasted on that desk as they think they are more qualified than the actual nursing staff and can diagnose from the comfort of their desk!!!!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 May 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 23 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and for taking the time to do so. I am very sorry to hear of your experience and can assure you we do take all comments very seriously.

I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the team, however, if you would like us to investigate the matter further, please could you contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk to provide some further information.

Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting.

Melissa Almond
Patient Experience Facilitator

Martin Y gave Haematology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceedingly satisfied

I have now been attending Ward 28 for venesection treatment on a weekly basis since October 2015, during all this time I have always been treated professionally in a speedy manner by all the staff, who have worked hard and successfully kept to appointment times.

Thank you very much to all the staff involved.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 May 2016

Dear Martin
Many thanks for your comments regarding the care received on Ward 28 at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am really pleased that you were always treated professionally and in a speedy manner, and that the staff worked hard to ensure appointments were kept to time. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Many thanks again and Best Wishes
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Michelle gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit

Excellent staff and although there was a wait I didn't mind as it was a Sunday evening
Treated really well and grateful to the staff
I would say the only negative was the TV on in the waiting room showing a grisly murder and corpse not sure it's appropriate for a waiting room

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 30 May 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 31 May 2016

Dear Michelle
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am so pleased that you felt you were treated really well and that you found the staff to be excellent. How-ever, I do apologise about the programme on the TV. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.
Many thanks again and Best Wishes