Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Ridiculous waiting times

Absolutely appalling waiting times over 4 hours to be seen by a doctor, beyond a joke, surely they can cordinate and manage their times better, bringing a sick child into hospital and wait in the waiting room for for over 4 hours only to be seen for 3 minutes consultation, something a nurse could have taken care of at the first protocol.

Please do something to reduce the waiting times especially for young children and babies.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 12 June 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am extremely sorry to hear of your recent experience due to waiting times and will ensure that your comments are fed back to the senior staff for the Urgent Care Centre.
If you would like us to look into the matter in further detail please can you contact the Patient Experience Team either by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk or you can contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471.

Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting.
Patient Experience Facilitator

IJKelshaw gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Friendly Service

Was extremely satisfied with the service and treatment I received at Burnley UGC today. A big thanks to all who dealt with me today.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 19 June 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent treatment in the Urgent Cere Centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the care and treatment you received from all of the staff. I will ensure your comments and thanks are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to provide us with further information about your experience then we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services. You can either contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Enid O'Hanlon reviewed Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital

Hospital stay

I had the most wonderful experience from my first consultation through from my op. to my discharge rhe next day.Everybody treated me with great respect and dignity.The whole of the staff were friendly and thoroughly profession,and the meals were lovely,hot and fresh and served by lovely catering staff.Well done everybody.x

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 22 June 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 June 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent hospital stay in the Gynaecology Department at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Ronnie Legge gave General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First time in hospital

Two weeks ago I was admitted into Burnley General Hospital for a hernia repair.
I'm 62 years old and had never been involved in any kind of surgery before. As you can imagine, I was quite nervous.
The staff were lovely, always courteous, friendly and helpful.
After a wait I met the anaesthetist then slightly later the Surgeon.
Both meetings were helpful and informative, both spoke in simple terms to explain what was going to happen.
The procedure itself was no problem at all, and I was staggered how little pain was involved.
I just want to say a massive Thank You to the surgeon and all the rest of the team for their efforts. Too many people are quick to complain, but when it's great they say nothing.
Burnley General it's great.
Our NHS....... just the best.
Thanks again
Ronnie Legge. Rossendale.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 12 June 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent treatment for a hernia repair at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.

lesg gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

eye clinic

having attended the eye clinic at burnley general on the 16th of may after a full examination i recieved the patients part of my cvi and was told the relevant form would be sent to me and the relevant parties concerned it is now the 12th of june and nothing has arrived could you please tell me why ther is a delay yours mr lesli gott

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 13 June 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Eye Clinic at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am extremely sorry to hear of the delay to the CV1 form. I fed back to the senior staff for the Eye Clinic and the Consultant’s Medical Secretary has apologised for the delay which unfortunately was due to staff sickness and also the recent NHS cyber-attack.
The letter has now been typed and the CV1 form signed by the Consultant and is presently waiting copying. As soon as this is complete you will receive a copy along with the Social Services and your GP.

Many thanks again for commenting.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Complete professionals who clearly love their jobs

I have visited gynae 2 and gynae and breast clinic twice for two very different reasons in the past two years. One being more sympathetic than the other. But the way the staff treated me made me feel lucky to be in the company of such professionals.
These two wards deserved to be recognised the the work and effort they put in for the welfare of women.
They are by far the kindest and most respectful staff members I've ever come across in a hospital.
I'm very grateful,and couldn't recommend enough.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 14 June 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your treatment within gynaecology 2 ward and gynaecology and breast clinic in the past two years at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant treatment

Seen immediately after a very nasty fall from my horse. Well looked after as I was in shock Nurses brilliant made me comfortable and the doctor was brilliant. The Doctor was extremely thorough and ensured that all possible breaks were x rayed . I was put in plaster that evening . Treated with dignity and respect, An excellent team Thank you so much. Brilliant doctor

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent experience of the urgent care centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the staff who cared for you during your treatment after a very nasty fall from your horse. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Maggibag gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynecology department

From the reception to ultrasound then specialist I was treated with friendliness and respect. I would give the staff top marks Thank you !

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent experience within gynaecology services at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the staff who cared for you during your treatment. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Urgent Care Visit

Needed to attend UCC as my young daughter had a fall from rocks >7metres high. Surprisingly seemed OK other than some back pain but I was obviously very worried due to the height of the fall. Staff were all pleasant and polite from reception to nursing to doctors. The waiting area and clincial areas were clean and well maintained. We were seen and examined/xrayed and discharged within 90 mins and thankfully sent on our way with the reassurance we needed as there were no broken bones. Easy to find and easy to park. Thankyou.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 May 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your young daughter's recent experience after a fall at the Urgent Care centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback about the care and treatment your daughter received from all of the staff. I will ensure your comments and thanks are passed onto the team who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Announcing by treatment

Attending Burnley hospital gyneacology unit for a very sensitive issue which staff at my initial appointment were very sensitive and caring about. The procedure was to go through 3 appointments and it was at this second appointment today that I was left feeling angry and humiliated. Waiting in the Waiting room, with another patient in there, the nurse entered the room and rather than calling my name, proceeded to announce the reason I was there to determine who I was. Whether or not the other person in the waiting room realised the specific treatment being undertaken or not I still feel that this method of finding your patient in disgraceful. have never been to any hospital or doctors surgery where staff announced the reason for you being there rather than your name! The nature of your appointment is meant to be confidential as far as I am aware. I left very angry and humiliated. I am disgusted that this is seen as an acceptable way to find patients in a waiting room and is the complete opposite of the confidentiality I was assured of. I have no option but to go back for my third appointment, yet I now find myself even more anxious about this appointment and wishing I had an alternative place to go.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 May 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Gynaecology Department at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am extremely sorry to hear of your recent experience and will ensure that your comments are fed back to the senior staff for the Gynaecology Department.
If you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or by emailing complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.