Burnley General Hospital

Address: Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue, Burnley, BB10 2PQ
Website: http://www.elht.nhs.uk

Jean gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urology Appointment

I would just like to say that the Staff and Consultant were very efficient in every aspect of their job, very helpful, friendly and the care was exceptional.
I felt very at ease with all tests that had to be done.
Would recommend this Department very highly.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our urology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me Meg Davey on 01254 733698 or email me on Margaret.davey@elht.nhs.uk
Or if you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk
Meg Davey, Head of Patient Experience

Taome Caville gave Maternity services at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care before, during and after birth.

I was induced on the 20th May due to medical and burnley was so supportive and helpfully during my stay. My labour was very fast and I gave birth with in hours of being at hospital, because labour was fast approaching I was on my own right until the last minute until my partner got there. The midwife happily rang my partner for me because I couldn't talk, and I wasn't ever left on my own and without the support of the student midwifes I had I would of not been able to cope emotionally and physically. I am so greatful to all the midwifes that helped and I couldn't of asked for anyone better, they were all so kind, nice and patience with me. I was advised to stay in over night even though I gave birth at 9 in the morning, I really wanted to go home. On the postnatal ward they made me a priority and did mine and the babies check and was able to send us home the same day. Thank You Burnley for everything you did for me.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 23 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Congratulations on your new arrival !
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our maternity service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Jenny gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I have recently been treated at Burnley General Hospital (Gynaecology Dept) for endometrial cancer. I was confident that the treatment would be done safely and appropriately, and it was, but beyond that, all the staff that I encountered at out-patient appointments and during my time as an in-patient, were so kind and helpful, They were caring and careful and they took time to talk to me for however long I needed, and I felt they saw me as a person and not "just another patient".

I was particularly touched by the nurse who said that although they had to follow government targets, their target was to get me the treatment that I needed and enable me to get on with my life.

I wanted to record how grateful I am for all the consideration that I have been shown.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our gynaecology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive and personal as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

sandra howe gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

hysteroscopy

I was admitted 20th may for a hysteroscopy. This was a simple procedure, and after only suffered mild period pains for 24 hours. The staff who looked after me put me at ease and were very attentive. After half and hour I enjoyed a nice cuppa and sandwich.
Thank you to the anaesthetist who put my mind at ease as I do get sick after. Thank you to all the staff for taking good care of me. You all do a wonderful job. Many thanks to the doctor who did the procedure with care. Please if you are having an hysteroscopy do not worry.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 25 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our gynaecology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Tracey E gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology Appointment

After all the negative comments I have read on here I can honestly say my experience was amazing.
I had a gynaecologist appointment with a Consultant who was excellent, professional and very thorough. Their nursing staff and receptionist were also brilliant.. I was able to ask lots of questions and feel completely satisfied with the advice and service I was given.
Burnley Hospital was clean and welcoming and the Women & Newborn Centreis a credit to the NHS. I have no concerns about my return trip and would recommend the hospital to anyone...

Thank you to you and your lovely team,

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 11 May 2015

Dear Tracey

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Gynaecology service at Burnley General Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 733716 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes
Wendy Stobbs, Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Miss Seedat gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely Fantastic!

The Staff in the daycare department ward 27 Were absolutely brilliant! In particular the Nurse who was with us all the way through.Friendly Polite and very very professional. Made us feel very comfortable and at ease. The staff in the MRI room were great too .. Our visit to royal Burnley hospital wasvery good. Thank you so much

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 02 April 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Dear Miss Seedat

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Children's service at Burnley General Hospital on the daycare ward 27, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes

Irene Smale gave Orthopaedics at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A Great Experience

I have just been fortunate enough to spend 4 days on Ward 15 having my right knee replaced. I would not hesitate to give 5 stars to all aspects of my care. I could not have received better care anywhere by absolutely lovely, dedicated, and pleasant staff who made me feel perfectly at ease and who could not do enough for me and all of their patients.
You need to spend a few days here to appreciate the tireless work done by the staff to reassure their patients that all will be well, at a time when they are at their most vulnerable. If patience is a virtue then it abounds here.
I sincerely thank every member of staff for the excellent care I received. You all made my stay a very pleasant experience.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 17 April 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 20 April 2015

Dear Ms Smale

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of Ward 15 at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

day surgery

Being very nervous of having a general anaesthetic for gallbladder surgery is arrived for day surgery. On arrival in was met by reception who quickly notified nursing staff I had arrived. From then on it was constantly reassured and everything explained.. And believe me I asked lots of questions. The whole team from health care assistants to consultant looked after me and I felt like they really care.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 25 April 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 April 2015

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Surgical Day Case unit at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. Please don't ever be worried about asking lots of questions, a patient who is keen to be involved in decisions about your care is something that staff support and encourage.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

thank you to the gynaecologist assessment and gynae ward

Thank you for the support and kindness from all the team that treated me all very professional nothing was too much trouble putting my mind at ease at all times .I think praise should be given to those people who deserve it throughout the Burnley N.H.S gynaecologist areas.Thank you again .Regards Lynette Newbigin

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 29 April 2015

Dear Ms Newbigin

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Gynaecology service based at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I have passed on your appreciation to the team who were very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Wendy Stobbs, Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Joan Reed gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

removal of a rhodent ulcer from my eyebrow.

i attended the Oral Surgery Deparment on Tuesday 28th April. My appointment was 2pm. I was to undergo the removal of a rhodent ulcer from my right eyebrow under a local anaesthetic. I can't speak highly enough of the treatment I received from the doctor and all the nursing staff who were there. I was totally reassured about the procedure and the doctor explained every thing to me. So what I thought was going to be an ordeal turned out not to be so.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 02 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 05 May 2015

Dear Ms Reed

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Maxillofacial service based at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I have passed on you comments to the team, who were delighted to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.