Burnley General Hospital

Address: Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue, Burnley, BB10 2PQ
Website: http://www.elht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

full marks Urgent Care Unit

Very helpful and friendly staff. The unit is very, very clean and bright. I was very satisfied with the treatment I received and was given all the information about my problem and what was going to happen next.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 06 October 2014

Dear Anonymous
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like thisfor every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.
Many thanks again for taking the time to comment

Barry gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urology investigation unit Burnley Hospital

Many thanks to the staff at the unit at for their care the shown though out my treatment, Was treated with greatest of respect and thoughtfulness.

Wonderful staff

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 03 October 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 06 October 2014

Dear Barry
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.
Many thanks again for taking the time to comment and best wishes on your recovery

Robert gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Out Patient - Urology Investigations Unit

As an out patient witha sensitive male problem I was refered to unit by my GP.
On my first visit I was seen by a Clinical Nurse Specialist .
She was so professional, she set me at ease during the interview and following examination. On my second visit today, she saw me again where I was given tuition on helping to solve my problem, once she put me at ease with her professionalism.
The CNS is a credit to her profession and the hospital. Well done the NHS in having staff of this calibre at BGH.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 23 October 2014

Dear Robert
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urology Outpatients service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and will try to locate the lady you mention in such glowing terms and pass on your thanks. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a poor/good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to improve things/ make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471/ 01254 733704 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.
Many thanks again

Kay Bramwell gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on 21st October. All the staff were lovely, everything was explained at each step & all questions answered.

They were helpful, polite, caring & respectful.

Assistance was given when needed and there were plenty of brews!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 26 October 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 October 2014

Dear Ms Bramwell
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Gynaecology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be pleased to hear your kind words. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471/ 01254 733704 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.
Many thanks again and best wishes on your recovery
Wendy Stobbs, Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Shocking! Spoken to Rudely in Urgent Care, Sour Faced Staff

Took daughter to Urgent Care after being strongly advised to by an emergency dentist. Basically a wisdom tooth coming through, infection has set in and spread to roof of mouth, bottom jaw and down her throat, affecting her airways. She had suffered for three days with the pain, taking painkillers which did nothing, no food and could barely open her mouth. The dentist took one look and was shocked immediately advising her to go to casualty. I took her straight down as I was extremely worried.
The lady on reception was lovely, however when it came to see the 1st consulting doctor/nurse I was appalled at his stinking attitude. I tried talking for her as she was in so much agony, explaining what was wrong and he immediately said, "I want to her it from her."
She tried to explain best she could. His exact word were, "What's point in coming here there's nothing we can do." He didn't smile once, he was stern and down right rude! I was absolutely shocked, supposed to be a caring environment, I don't think so! He then took some notes and told us to wait in the waiting room stating "We are busy you'll be waiting a while. This made me feel we had no right being there. I didn't care how long we had to wait as long as she got some help. I'd seen her in tears and in agony for three days.
After a while we were called in by a doctor, he had similar attitude 'Why come here?" We explained what the dentist had said and he just looked at us like we were making it up. He then looked in her mouth and his attitude changed slightly. Telling her to take the antibiotics, take a couple of days off work and come back in 48 hrs if no better. It's put my daughter off that hospital for life. He looked quite shocked when he looked in her mouth but up until then I believe he thought we were just there for the fun of it just like the first miserable person we saw. I work in care and believe me I would have no job if I acted or treated people the way we were treated. A smile wouldn't go a miss now and then or at least don't be so rude. And we are expected to support NHS staff when they are striking because of low pay! Do your job with a caring attitude and you might get some support from the public.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 28 October 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 29 October 2014

Dear Anonymous
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your concerns about communication and staff attitude are passed onto the team and I am very sorry to hear that you and your daughter's recent experience with us wasn't what you expected as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. I have been in contact with the acting Matron Julie Kay for the area and she would be more than happy to talk to you about your concerns- if you would like to speak to her she can be reached on 01282 803366.
If you would prefer to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a poor visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to improve things for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 734471/ 01254 733704 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.
Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.
Many thanks for taking the time to comment and I hope your daughter is recovering

susan gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy day has arrived

I came for my routine endoscopy today and have to say was feeling quite nervous. Had no need to be though because all the staff involved, before and after were superb. I opted for sedation, but they froze my throat too. I don't remember much and soon seemed to be in recovery which I'm told was around an hour. I do need another one in 3 months but will not be worried at all next time, great team, thank you all.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 07 October 2014

Dear Susan
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Endoscopy service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be really pleased to hear your kind words about their care. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes for your next visit to us in December/ January.

coral gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

visit to urgent care centre 12.09.14

I attended urgent yesterday morning following a visit to my GP who thought i had suspected pulumonary embolism in my lung. The doctor who treated me in urgent was fantastic. He gave me the up most care was very polite and has excellent people skills. I could not fault him at all. If all doctors was like him there would never be any complaints. Im just sorry i cant remember his name i think he should be acknowledged for his excellence. What a wonderful man, he listened to me he carried out all investigations quickly and gave me reasurance. Excellent care received.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 13 September 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 September 2014

Dear Coral
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and do hope you are recovering well? I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care and sometimes our most busy areas of the hospital can make this more difficult to do; so it's really pleasing to hear your feedback.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to comment
Regards

coral gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

appointments at gynaecology

I would like to make acknowledgement of the excellence care and service i receive from my gynaecologist. He is a fantastic brilliant man who always gives me the upmost care when i attend my appointments. He listens, sympathetic honest and very trustworthy. He is a wonderful consultant and im glad hes mine. I really think to many people are highlighted when things go wrong and not enough care professionals are acknowledge when things goes great.

I really want to make it known how excellent this consultant is and he should be praised for it i will always be grateful for the care he provides to me.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 14 September 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 September 2014

Dear Coral
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Gynaecology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team but would really appreciate you getting in touch- either by phone or email- to confirm your consultant's name so that I can pass on your thanks personally to him and his team? I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
Regards
Wendy Stobbs, Patient Experience Faciliator

Anonymous gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exceptional care throughout Urology departments.

We cannot fault the totally professional, yet completely compassionate treatment received during a very worrying period of investigation for possible cancer. Every appointment from initial outpatient clinic to final biopsy procedures were accompanied by detailed explanations, inspiring confidence in treatments etc. With sincere thanks to all staff.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 19 September 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 September 2014

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so at what I am sure has been a worrying and stressful time for you and your family. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
Many thanks again and best wishes

Carol gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pleasantly surprised in Urgent Care

Took my very elderly mum to Urgent Care after a fall at home. We were seen in triage almost immediately, by a lovely nurse who treated mum very nicely and put her at ease. Very shortly afterwards we were seen by a doctor who questioned and examined mum very thoroughly and arranged immediate X-rays. Throughout the examination he was very respectful towards mum and said thank you on every occasion that she followed an instruction or answered a question. He consulted an expert because of some difficulties analysing mum's xrays and was concerned to be absolutely sure that there was no real damage, since mum was in pain. The new Urgent Care is very clean, bright and modern and the cubicles allow for privacy and dignity. All the doctors and nurses looked very young, but that probably says more about me! Despite her pain, mum was pleased that she had been well looked after and commented on the politeness of the young doctor.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

Burnley General Hospital replied on 25 September 2014

Dear Carol
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and do hope that your mother is recovering well after her fall? I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience for the care of your mother with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
Once again many thanks for commenting and best wishes to your mother