Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Claire Johnson gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Family Planning

I would like to say that I was treated incredibly well whilst attending an appointment here. I was treated with much compassion, care, reassurance and dignity during a time when I was incredibly distressed and panicked. The auxillary nurse and doctor that I saw, were both so very friendly and understanding, going above and beyond. My experience has helped me to become a better student nurse myself.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 08 September 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 12 September 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your appointment in the Family Planning Clinic at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding your visit and that you were treated with such compassion, care, reassurance and dignity and I will ensure your comments are passed onto the staff who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to talk through the visit with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of the experience that made this so positive we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me on 01254 734087 or email patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast surgery - day case

I cannot praise the staff enough -, all of them, for their care and empathy. May I thank the nursing, medical, reception and cleaning staff for their professional attitude. What was a frightening prospect for me culminated in me being cared for; my treatment was explained to me in depth and I had the opportunity to question staff about my situation.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 12 September 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 September 2016

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience with our Breast Surgery / Day Case Unit at Burnley General Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to give this. We will pass this on to the teams and I am sure they will be delighted …..thank you.

I am very pleased to hear that your experiences have been so positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. We would be keen to hear more from you, if you would like to talk through your experience with one of our Patient Experience team we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me, Meg Davey on 01254 733698 or email me on Margaret.davey@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast screening

I found a lump on my breast. I went to see my doctor, and was given an appointment choice within the week at burnley to suit me. When I came for my appointment I had a consultation,mammogram,ultra sound then seen again by the consultant with my results all within 2 hours. The staff were all extremely friendly and kind. This is without question the best nhs service I have ever had. 10 out of 10.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 12 September 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 September 2016

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience with our Breast Screening Service at Burnley General Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to give this lovely feedback. We will pass this on to the teams and I am sure they will be delighted …..thank you.

I am very pleased to hear that your experience although I am sure worrying has been so positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. We would be keen to hear more from you, if you would like to talk through your experience with one of our Patient Experience team we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me, Meg Davey on 01254 733698 or email me on Margaret.davey@elht.nhs.uk.

Andrew Halstead gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Urgent Care

The care I received was faultless, Friendly, attentive staff and short waiting time. I couldn't have been more satisfied with the experience.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 September 2016

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience with our Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to give this lovely feedback. I have already passed this on to the teams and they will be delighted …..thank you.

I am very pleased to hear that your experience has been so positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. We would be keen to hear more from you, if you would like to talk through your family’s experience with one of our Patient Experience team we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me, Meg Davey on 01254 733698 or email me on Margaret.davey@elht.nhs.uk

Pendlebaz gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb service!

I've just returned from a visit to Burnley Urgent Care Centre & have to say that the service & care I received was superb. I arrived around 7.45am with a foot problem and I was the only one in the waiting room. I was seen within a few minutes by the triage nurse & was attended to by a very nice doctor within 30 minutes, In and out in less than 45 minutes - brilliant! The staff I saw - the receptionist, triage nurse & doctor were all very friendly and helpful, and I cannot fault the treatment I received. Top tip: Arrive just before 8.00am if you can and you won't have to wait very long.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 21 September 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 September 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding your visit and I will ensure your comments are passed onto the staff who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information about your visit so we can understand the bits of the experience that made this so positive we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services. You can either contact me on 01254 734087 or email patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Awful experience

What an awful experience. I had a severe infection on my right hand and my right leg. I called 111 from home who told me I needed to be checked within 2 hours and suggested I get to the burnley urgent care center. As I arrived the waiting time was written 1 hour. However after one hour the triage nurse called me in. I waited another 2 and a half hours before a doctor actually looked at me! Whilst i was waiting, I was frustrated so I went and spoke to one of the doctors inside, they spoke to me in a careless manner telling me to go wait my turn and that they were too busy when they were sat down drinking their coffees. There was only 5-6 people waiting so it was not as if it was busy. A really terrible experience and I really do hope something gets done about it!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Joan bradley gave Orthopaedics at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellant care

I spent a few hours on the day case unit on the 15th august this year and I have to say I was really impressed with the care I received. I had never been to Burnley before and was quite anxious but the staff were marvoulous. THe hospital is clean and the atphosphere is very friendly and I would not be avxious again. Thankyou to all the staff on the ward and in theatre.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 16 August 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 17 August 2016

Dear Joan
Many thanks for your comments regarding your experience on the Day Case Unit at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am so pleased that you were impressed with the care you received and that you found the hospital to be clean and the atmosphere very friendly. It is understandably worrying coming into hospital for any procedure but I am pleased our staff were able to allay your anxieties. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such lovely feedback.
Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes
Helen Ritchie

Walter Waide gave Orthopaedics at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Experience

I attended Ward 15 for a total knee replacement on the 1st August this year. I was quite apprehensive, having never undergone major surgery before. I had decided that a general anaesthetic was the way forward for me, mainly because I would know little about the procedure. However, by the time I went down to theatre, having spoken to the anaesthetist, I had agreed to have the spinal block and how pleased I was to have taken that option. I was able to experience the hustle and bustle of the theatre staff as well as the noise and the whole thing passed in a blur. At no time did I feel in any way uncomfortable or experience any pain and the real bonus – no after effect of the general anaesthetic. The net result was a shorter recovery time and quicker rehabilitation.
Throughout the three days of my stay I was treated like royalty by the dedicated staff and was up and about the morning after surgery on a walking frame. Before long the physios had me on crutches and shortly after that I was fit for discharge. What a great team of nurses and doctors and whilst they all deserve a mention, I will say that both day and night staff were remarkable; cheerful, helpful, encouraging and supportive, making such a traumatic experience an entirely positive one. Many thanks.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 18 August 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 25 August 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your experience of Ward 15 at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to hear that the staff looked after you so well, and made your experience such a positive one. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the staff who I am sure will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback.

If you would like to talk through your admission with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand what made this such a positive experience for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me on 01254 734087 or email the team at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

LOng long wait

Bank Holiday Monday; attended with a 2nd degree burn/scald to my hand. Waiting time was over 4 hours. It was suggested hat I drive to Accrington where there were only a few waiting . Accrington were furious I'd been sent there as they only had 2 nurses on duty. Dreading going back to get it dressed and checked. Presumably another 4 hour wait.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 01 September 2016

Many thanks for your comments regarding your visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am so sorry you were unhappy with the waiting time in the department and the inconvenience this caused. I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the senior staff for the department.

If you would like us to investigate these issues further please contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or alternatively you can email me on melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

If you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Patient Experience Facilitator

Happy as Larry gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment at Urgent Care

Just wanted to say what fabulous treatment my partner has recieved tonight. All the staff work so hard and are truly committed. Despite the department having a 4hr wait staff seemed calm and well organised.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 03 August 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 05 August 2016

Many thanks for your comments regarding your partner’s visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such a positive feedback about the treatment and care provided and that you found the staff to be calm and well organised. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such lovely feedback.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes