Burnley General Hospital

Address: Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue, Burnley, BB10 2PQ
Website: http://www.elht.nhs.uk

ejon gave Physiotherapy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent staff

I took my motherin law to the exray dept today her app was 430 pm. I didnt know where the dept was so I asked a member of staff who was walking passed I asked wher I could park as my motherin law cannot walk far. I also asked would I be able to barrow a wheelchair for her. The staff showed me where to park, took me throw the physio dept and asked another staff if they could get me awheelchair for my motherin law. The second staff in physio got a wheelchair took it to the car for my mother in law and pushed up to the exray dept for us. I was so pleased because I have angiena and I was a bit worried I'd forgoten my spray. In exray the receptionist was so efficient and very polite and respectlfull. The person doing the CT scan was also very polite and proffessional and asked a porter to push my mother in law back to the car on the care park. all this and she was back in the car at 4-30pm. There were several department stff invloved all were so resectfull and carring and polite and proffessional.
What a service what wounderfull staff.
Thankyou

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 03 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 04 June 2015

Dear Ejon

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Physiotherapy and X-Ray teams, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I have passed on your appreciation and kind words to onto both teams and it is lovely to hear how supportive and caring they were for you and your mother-in-law on your visit to the X-Ray department.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 733716 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.
Or if you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes to your mother in law

Donna webster gave Rheumatology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic

I can not thank this clinic enough, I have been going to rheumatology for around 7 years, the staff on this clinic are fantastic, they can not do enough for you, Thankyou for caring for me so well :))

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 17 June 2015

Dear Ms Webster

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Rheumatology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and their managers; who will be very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. It is especially lovely to hear that this care has been consistently 'fantastic' over the 7years you have been seeing them.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this support so good for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 733716 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very professional staff

I received great care from the wonderful professional staff.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 29 June 2015

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator

Alan French gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract surgery

Thank you to all staff of ward 6 and in particular to the surgical staff for the accomplished but undramatic and skilled way in which they performed. The result achieved has been unbelievably good, with only small discomfort and no pain. Their attention to overall detail was superb.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 27 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Jean gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urology Appointment

I would just like to say that the Staff and Consultant were very efficient in every aspect of their job, very helpful, friendly and the care was exceptional.
I felt very at ease with all tests that had to be done.
Would recommend this Department very highly.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our urology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me Meg Davey on 01254 733698 or email me on Margaret.davey@elht.nhs.uk
Meg Davey, Head of Patient Experience

Taome Caville gave Maternity services at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care before, during and after birth.

I was induced on the 20th May due to medical and burnley was so supportive and helpfully during my stay. My labour was very fast and I gave birth with in hours of being at hospital, because labour was fast approaching I was on my own right until the last minute until my partner got there. The midwife happily rang my partner for me because I couldn't talk, and I wasn't ever left on my own and without the support of the student midwifes I had I would of not been able to cope emotionally and physically. I am so greatful to all the midwifes that helped and I couldn't of asked for anyone better, they were all so kind, nice and patience with me. I was advised to stay in over night even though I gave birth at 9 in the morning, I really wanted to go home. On the postnatal ward they made me a priority and did mine and the babies check and was able to send us home the same day. Thank You Burnley for everything you did for me.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 23 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Congratulations on your new arrival !
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our maternity service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Jenny gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I have recently been treated at Burnley General Hospital (Gynaecology Dept) for endometrial cancer. I was confident that the treatment would be done safely and appropriately, and it was, but beyond that, all the staff that I encountered at out-patient appointments and during my time as an in-patient, were so kind and helpful, They were caring and careful and they took time to talk to me for however long I needed, and I felt they saw me as a person and not "just another patient".

I was particularly touched by the nurse who said that although they had to follow government targets, their target was to get me the treatment that I needed and enable me to get on with my life.

I wanted to record how grateful I am for all the consideration that I have been shown.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our gynaecology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive and personal as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

sandra howe gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

hysteroscopy

I was admitted 20th may for a hysteroscopy. This was a simple procedure, and after only suffered mild period pains for 24 hours. The staff who looked after me put me at ease and were very attentive. After half and hour I enjoyed a nice cuppa and sandwich.
Thank you to the anaesthetist who put my mind at ease as I do get sick after. Thank you to all the staff for taking good care of me. You all do a wonderful job. Many thanks to the doctor who did the procedure with care. Please if you are having an hysteroscopy do not worry.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 25 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our gynaecology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Tracey E gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology Appointment

After all the negative comments I have read on here I can honestly say my experience was amazing.
I had a gynaecologist appointment with a Consultant who was excellent, professional and very thorough. Their nursing staff and receptionist were also brilliant.. I was able to ask lots of questions and feel completely satisfied with the advice and service I was given.
Burnley Hospital was clean and welcoming and the Women & Newborn Centreis a credit to the NHS. I have no concerns about my return trip and would recommend the hospital to anyone...

Thank you to you and your lovely team,

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 11 May 2015

Dear Tracey

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Gynaecology service at Burnley General Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

General Surgeon

I would just like to pass comment that my Consultant is wonderful. I have been having on going problems and symptoms since having my gall bladder removed by a different consultant and after numerous admissions to hospital this consultant has gone above and beyond to help me and carrying out investigations to illiminate things. This consultant is kind, considerate, very polite and listens to what you have to say. if all consultants were like this there would never be any complaints. i think they are an asset to the NHS and would reccomend them to any patient, this surgeon is brilliant.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 June 2015

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. It would be lovely to be able to pass on your thanks to the consultant you mention, if you could possibly get in touch on the details below if you know his name I can do this for you?

Also, if you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 733716 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.