Want to help us improve NHS Choices?

Find out more and sign up to our user research panel

Burnley General Hospital

Telephone: 01282 425071
Address: Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue, Burnley, BB10 2PQ
Website: http://www.elht.nhs.uk

maddie gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology day care centre

Just want to thank the doctor and their team involved in the gynaecology department for the procedure done today on my sister in law. Thank you very much for the support and kindness. I can't praise the nurse enough, they are so lovely and many thanks to another nurse as well who again was really lovely!! Thank you!
Lots of love.... p.s the girl who rang whilst sat in the waiting area..

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 01 July 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 03 July 2015

Dear Maddie

Many thanks for your feedback on your sister-in-law's experience of our Gynaecology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care- I'm sure they'll remember you too from the hint!

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk
Or if you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes to your sister-in-law on her continued recovery

Wendy Murphy gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 6 Cataract surgery 6th July 2015

Many thanks to all the staff on Ward 6 and in Theatre yesterday. What an almost miraculous procedure is cataract surgery. I am astounded, the day after surgery, to be seeing clear bright colours and have distance vision in my right eye as probably never before. I'm 66, have worn glasses since primary school, and now can't wait to have surgery on my left eye. Thank you very much Doctor, for your wonderful care and skill. As if this wasn't enough, I was also looked after at every stage by a most delightful team of dedicated professionals, charming, friendly, efficient and caring without exception. Please pass on my regards and thanks to three particular members of staff, and all yesterday's staff. I'm sorry I can't remember all your names, but think about you all today.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 07 July 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 08 July 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our ophthalmology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team. I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me, Melissa Almond on 01254 7340876 or email me on melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

How lucky are we to have the NHS

Late Sunday evening I had something in my eye that was somewhat worrying thought it was a piece of glass so of I went to the A&E Casterton Avenue to get it checked out. From the moment I walked in through the doors I was dealt with quickly and efficiently by a very pleasant receptionist and was told to sit down to wait my turn. It wasn't long before I was called in to the triage nurse who took all my details and assessed my problem I was then sent out to the waiting room to wait my turn to see the doctor. After only a short time I was called in and escorted to the treatment room where I had my eye thoroughly examined for any object that may have been causing my problem. The doctor was really lovely and put me at ease and explained to me exactly what the were going to do lucky for me the problem was solved there and then and I walked out of there thinking just how lucky we are to have the NHS so a big thank you to all the doctors and nurses who are there for us all 7 days a week.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 27 July 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 July 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience when you visited the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator

Rita Witt gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

111 referred me for 21:45 appoint

Arrived on time was seen promptly
The doctor was very thorough and diagnosed my problem quickly, they treated me with courtesy and respect I was very impressed with the whole experience from calling 111 to leaving after my appointment its a service I would definitely use again

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 28 July 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 30 July 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that the experience you had with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to talk through your visit with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Terrible waiting times

My Mother was referred by her Gp to the department in June, she is in a lot of pain and is really suffering. On contacting the department we have been told the earliest appt is November! This site says the waiting time is 5 weeks, this is a lie. NICE guidelines say 6 weeks! 6 months is nothing short of disgraceful.
Discusted

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 July 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 20 July 2015

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our rheumatology service, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your concerns are passed onto the team. I am very sorry to hear that your mother is waiting for a rheumatology appointment, your comment is anonymous so it is difficult for us to look into referral details. I am keen for you to contact me (Meg Davey) on 01254 733698 or email me on margaret.davey@elht.nhs.uk then we can look into the matter further.
If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk
Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

Anonymous gave Urology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very professional staff

I received great care from the wonderful professional staff.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 29 June 2015

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Urology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Alan French gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract surgery

Thank you to all staff of ward 6 and in particular to the surgical staff for the accomplished but undramatic and skilled way in which they performed. The result achieved has been unbelievably good, with only small discomfort and no pain. Their attention to overall detail was superb.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 27 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 03 July 2015

Dear Mr French

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Ophthalmology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive and successful- as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes on your continued recovery

ejon gave Physiotherapy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent staff

I took my motherin law to the exray dept today her app was 430 pm. I didnt know where the dept was so I asked a member of staff who was walking passed I asked wher I could park as my motherin law cannot walk far. I also asked would I be able to barrow a wheelchair for her. The staff showed me where to park, took me throw the physio dept and asked another staff if they could get me awheelchair for my motherin law. The second staff in physio got a wheelchair took it to the car for my mother in law and pushed up to the exray dept for us. I was so pleased because I have angiena and I was a bit worried I'd forgoten my spray. In exray the receptionist was so efficient and very polite and respectlfull. The person doing the CT scan was also very polite and proffessional and asked a porter to push my mother in law back to the car on the care park. all this and she was back in the car at 4-30pm. There were several department stff invloved all were so resectfull and carring and polite and proffessional.
What a service what wounderfull staff.
Thankyou

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 03 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 04 June 2015

Dear Ejon

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Physiotherapy and X-Ray teams, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I have passed on your appreciation and kind words to onto both teams and it is lovely to hear how supportive and caring they were for you and your mother-in-law on your visit to the X-Ray department.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 733716 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes to your mother in law

Donna webster gave Rheumatology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic

I can not thank this clinic enough, I have been going to rheumatology for around 7 years, the staff on this clinic are fantastic, they can not do enough for you, Thankyou for caring for me so well :))

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 17 June 2015

Dear Ms Webster

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our Rheumatology service at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and their managers; who will be very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. It is especially lovely to hear that this care has been consistently 'fantastic' over the 7years you have been seeing them.

If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this support so good for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 733716 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

General Surgeon

I would just like to pass comment that my Consultant is wonderful. I have been having on going problems and symptoms since having my gall bladder removed by a different consultant and after numerous admissions to hospital this consultant has gone above and beyond to help me and carrying out investigations to illiminate things. This consultant is kind, considerate, very polite and listens to what you have to say. if all consultants were like this there would never be any complaints. i think they are an asset to the NHS and would reccomend them to any patient, this surgeon is brilliant.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 June 2015

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of our General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital, and thank-you for taking the time to do so. I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team and I am very pleased to hear that your recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care. It would be lovely to be able to pass on your thanks to the consultant you mention, if you could possibly get in touch on the details below if you know his name I can do this for you?

Also, if you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Wendy Stobbs) on 01254 733716 or email me on wendy.stobbs@elht.nhs.uk.