Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Bill Hesmondhalgh gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

endoscopy unit. Burnley.

I attended the endoscopy dept.on the 16th.june 2016. They are superb. The dept. is spotlessly clean and well equipped.The organisation is good and all the trained staff are kind ,knowledgable and a credit to the hospital and the NHS in general.No one should have any worries about attending this dept. for treatment
Bill Hesmondhalgh.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 23 June 2016

Dear Mr Hesmondhalgh
Many thanks for your comments regarding your experience of the Endoscopy Department at Burnley General Hospital and for taking the time to do so. I am so pleased that you found the staff to be kind and knowledgable, and that the department is clean and well organised. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such lovely feedback.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and Best Wishes.
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy at Burnley general hospital

Have just had a colonoscopy at Burnley general hospital. I was very fearful but I must say the staff were amazing and the proceedure only uncomfortable nothing like I had dreaded or like some of the horror stories you read. I wouldn't be afraid at all if I hah it again. Wonderful staff.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 June 2016

Many thanks for your comments regarding your experience of Colonoscopy at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I can understand this can be an anxious time but am so pleased that you found the staff wonderful and that they obviously put you at ease. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such lovely comments
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on Helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk
Many thanks again for commenting and Best Wishes.
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Arthur Halton gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class treatment at Burnley General Eye Clinic Ward 6

I have recently had cataract surgery at Burnley General Eye Clinic Ward 6, which so far has been a huge success. I cannot praise the staff enough. The consultant is thoroughly approachable and whose calm manner from day one of my consultations instilled in me nothing but confidence and trust. The anaesthetist was really polite and although not there to administer anaesthetic, except in an emergency, explained they would be monitoring my condition throughout which again instilled confidence in me. The nurses, ward staff and theatre staff were kind and considerate and could not have been more helpful in assisting me to relax before and after the operation and answered any questions I had respectfully. They also had a sense of humour which gave the ward a warm atmosphere. I would also like to thank the staff on the switchboard who were very courteous and very helpful especially when arranging appointments around holidays that were already booked.
This was my first ever operation so I was naturally somewhat nervous and apprehensive but I needn't have been. The staff soon put me at ease and told me that my fears were unfounded and although my operation was carried out whilst I was fully awake under a local anaesthetic, I can honestly say I hardly felt a thing. I would certainly recommend this hospital and ward to anyone awaiting eye treatment or surgery.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 26 June 2016

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Very rude reception staff

being 6 weeks pregnant with severe nausea and mooting g for 2 days not being able to eat or drink was advised by midwife to attend urgent care centre as may be dehydrated and need admitting when checking in the reception was extremely rude when I explained my situation and told the receptionist that my midwife had told me to attend the receptionist actually laughed out loud and sarcastically replied "it's coz your pregnant" The receptionist made me feel stupid and like I was wasting people's time I was simply following the midwife said se to attend hospital I found the receptionist to be extremely unprofessional and rude there was no need for them to say anything let alone rude remarks!!!!! Cannot complain about the nurses very good care recieved just a rude abrupt receptionist who is clearly is wasted on that desk as they think they are more qualified than the actual nursing staff and can diagnose from the comfort of their desk!!!!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 May 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 23 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and for taking the time to do so. I am very sorry to hear of your experience and can assure you we do take all comments very seriously.

I will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the team, however, if you would like us to investigate the matter further, please could you contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk to provide some further information.

Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting.

Melissa Almond
Patient Experience Facilitator

Martin Y gave Haematology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceedingly satisfied

I have now been attending Ward 28 for venesection treatment on a weekly basis since October 2015, during all this time I have always been treated professionally in a speedy manner by all the staff, who have worked hard and successfully kept to appointment times.

Thank you very much to all the staff involved.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 May 2016

Dear Martin
Many thanks for your comments regarding the care received on Ward 28 at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am really pleased that you were always treated professionally and in a speedy manner, and that the staff worked hard to ensure appointments were kept to time. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Michelle gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit

Excellent staff and although there was a wait I didn't mind as it was a Sunday evening
Treated really well and grateful to the staff
I would say the only negative was the TV on in the waiting room showing a grisly murder and corpse not sure it's appropriate for a waiting room

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 30 May 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 31 May 2016

Dear Michelle
Many thanks for your feedback on your experience of the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am so pleased that you felt you were treated really well and that you found the staff to be excellent. How-ever, I do apologise about the programme on the TV. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

Anonymous reviewed Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital

Was made to feel so comfortable

I cannot fault the service I received today from all of the staff in gynaecology 2 at Burnley hospital, especially from one member of staff who was so nice to me about everything, I was alone, and they made me feel so comfortable and like they were there with me through the whole experience. I cannot thank you enough, you are a lovely person and I would definitely recommend anybody to use your service, I came home today feeling at ease, thank you very much.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 06 April 2016

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your experience in the Gynaecology 2 Department at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am really pleased to hear that you were made to feel comfortable and were supported through the whole experience and I am glad you went home feeling at ease. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team, who I am sure will be delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Angie Taylor gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great team

I had my second cataract operation yesterday what a great service. The team work so well together. Once again my vision has improved virtually straight away. Like anyone having an operation you are anxious the staff are great at reassuring you. Keep up the good work.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 15 April 2016

Dear Angie
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent cataract operation at Burnley General Hospital, and thank you for taking the time to do so a second time. I am so pleased that your second operation went well and that you received a great service. It is lovely to hear that the team work so well together and that your vision improved virtually straight away. I have forwarded your comments onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to hear that your experience with us was so positive.
If you would like to talk through your visit to us with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand the bits of your experience that made this such a good visit for you we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and services. You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on Helen.Ritchie@elht.nhs.uk

Helen Ritchie, Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care in Urgent Care Unit

I attended the Urgent Care Unit on the 8th April 2016 with my husband when he damaged his thumb that morning. We arrived at about 8am and only one other person waiting in front of us. When we were called through by a physiotherapist they imeadiately said they thought that they knew what my husband had done to his thumb, after examination they confirmed that my husband had ruptured or snapped the tendon in his thumb. We waited quarter of an hour or so for paperwork to take down to X-ray and off we went. Unfortunately there had been a mix up over my husbands date of birth at reception in Urgent Care, so he now technically had two sets of notes, but the receptionist at X-ray went and sorted things out with patient records. We were soon back in the Urgent Care Unit and the Physio asked if my husband minded if a colleague looked at his injury as it was unusual and the colleague had not seen one before. So whilst we sat and waited for the Consultant to contact the Physio with their view of his injury the colleague came and examined my husband and was very greatful for his cooperation and was very interested. We were then told that the consultant wanted to see my husband in the fracture clinic at Blackburn at the next available appointment. We made the appointment with the receptionist and waited for a nurse to call my husband through to strap up his thumb. We were out of the unit by just after 10 am, and were very impressed by the staff and the facility. Well done all!
Our only gripe is the automatic door and the position of the red line you are supposed to stand behind at reception to give the person at the desk some privacy, as standing behind the line operates the automatic doors! They were permenantly opening and closing and the noise of their operation combined with the noises outside certainly contributed to the mix up over my husbands date of birth at the start of our visit. The paperwork required took longer than any of the treatment!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 20 April 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 22 April 2016

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your attendance at the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Hospital with your husband and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am so pleased you were impressed with the staff and the facility but sorry about the mixup with your husbands date of birth. Thank you for being so understanding. I note your comments regarding the automatic doors and the position of the red line. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

Emma Metcalf gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment in the Colposcopy Clinic

A big big thank you to the doctor and two members of staff who were fantastic when I had treatment for my abnormal cells on Wednesday. The service was 5*. They were friendly, compassionate, supportive, empathetic and reassuring. The process I had to go through was easy to understand, they kept my dignity at all times and made me feel at ease. The cup of tea was just what I needed after. Thank you all.
X??

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 25 April 2016

Dear Emma
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your experience of the Colposcopy clinic at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.
I am so pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly, compassionate, supportive and reassuring and that the process was easy to understand. I am glad to hear you were put at ease and that you kept your dignity at all times. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team who, I am sure will be delighted to receive such positive comments.