Circle Bath Hospital

01761 422 324 Foxcote Avenue, Peasedown St John , Bath, BA2 8SF

Gareth gave Orthopaedics at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

made my visit for my knee operation very pleasant

I visited the Circle Bath hospital for issues with my knee, They reviewed my MRI and we decided that arthroscopy would be a a good thing to progress. Each visit was punctual and as pleasant as you can hope for. The building looks reception area feels very nice, it looks well maintained giving some reassurance in the standards they maintain.
On the day of the operation everyone that I was involved with was really kind and considerate. I was there as an nhs patient but was never made to feel any less welcome.
Each step of the process was very clear and people explained timings so that you had a good expectation. Personally I took my work to do there as the wifi is excellent and the rooms are easy to work in. In the preparation period for the operation again people were clear with what was happening and what they expected to happen. From then on I feel asleep and woke up some time later. Then I was straight on to coffee and the sandwiches were brought soon after. I have been to another private clinic in Bath and whilst that was fine, this felt another level up again. Very happy with my experience here.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 August 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 07 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted that this was your experience and we have shared your comments with all staff partners involved in your care pathway.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day patient operation

I would always choose BathCircle given the choice - the building is bright, spacious and fit for purpose. The environment is modern, friendly and respectful. The staff are professional, polite and efficient. The medical staff are excellent, knowledgeable and very competent.
On a practical level, access and parking is easy.
Excellent care and delivery.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 August 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 09 August 2017

Mike Crowden gave General Surgery at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Spinal surgery

A beautiful building, with outstanding staff. I was met at reception and directed to Day Surgery, after a wait of some 5 minutes, I was ushered into a cublcle, and asked to undress, and to don the ubiquitous hospital gown! Which I am sure is designed to strip you of any dignity!
After a fairly long wait, due to a complication in the previous operational procedure, I was seen by my anaesthetist who explained what was going to happen, and asked if I had any questions.
Some little time later the surgeon who would be doing my operation came to seem, and again explained everything. Really put mum mind at ease. I was soon wheeled down to surgery, and injected with something, but the next thing I knew, some 90 minutes later was a very pleasant person waking me up and asking if I would like a cup of tea and perhaps a sandwich. Both were very welcome, and very tasty.
I was surprised to find that I had very little pain after the operation, far less than I was expecting. Even today, the day after, I am still in a little pain, but nowhere near what I was expecting. I cannot praise Circle Bath highly enough to do it justice, and would most definitely recommend it to anyone.
Very many thanks,

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 17 August 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement surgery.

From my 1st appointment to leaving the hospital I was impressed by every aspect of my care. Lovely surroundings,private room,excellent food.
All the staff were very helpful,caring,cheerful and thoroughly professional.
The whole atmosphere made me feel incredibly confident that my hip replacement surgery would be a success.
My operation was on a Monday pm and I walked out of the hospital with my new hip joint on Thursday am.
Would highly recommend this hospital.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 20 August 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 21 August 2017

Joy Williams gave Ophthalmology at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First Class Service

i had Cataract operation this morning, the service was excellent from start to finish , how great to be treated as a person and not as a number.would not hesitate to choose this hospital again

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 24 August 2017

Sharon gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Private care is a joke.

This is offering Private Care. Its not it is NHS care with a Private price tag. I saw a ENT specialist who did not offer the correct investigations, I had to ask for complete blood tests of the thyroid, they did not offer, when arranged at my insistence they only arranged one basic blood test ,the TSH they failed to arrange the complete functioning tests which they should have done. I had to also ask for a MRI with confrast as it was not offered. I was offered an ultrasound and only possible Fine Needle Biopsy . As private patient I expect complete full investigations to be carried out not bit part care.
I had an ultrasound scan carried out on the NHS three earlier which picked up nodule1.4 and an unknown structure mid neck. My neck is swollen and continues to with visible fluid and I keep getting sore throat after sore throat. These are concerning symptoms. My care should have far more comprehensive but it felt like I was given basic NHS care. I never had any appointments confirmed in writing from the radiology department. In comparison my has now been transferred to London. Scans arranged and with in half I had all my radiology appointments confirm by email with PDF file explaining the contrast driug used and what needs to be done before which includes blood tests for patients with known kidney function issues etc. This was not offered by Circle Bath. I also had a PDF file sent all about the MRI scanning procedure again this not given by Circle Bath. I have Kidney function issues due to autoimmune condition this was not given any consideration despite the knowledge being there. I asked if they use drugs to protect kidneys prior to using contrast agents and I was told they hadn't heard of that. I informed them that I had been given these drugs twice before when using contrast agents on the NHS while under going scans. One other issue not medical is that as a private patient you are offered if lucky a ticket to get a free coffe, I had ask each time for the ticket (it was not offered) then they want you to pay a pound difference if you have a latte. Any private hospital in London private patients has access to as much tea, coffee, latte, etc and biscuits that they want including your companions. When your paying £250 to £280 pounds for a 10 minute appointment Privately how dare Circle Bath limit the tea and coffee. You need to put that situation into perspective and not what appears to be money grabbing. Circle Bath you appear not to have the right attitude to offer private care at all, may be you should just stick to NHS where it appears to be whether you turn up as private or not. Not a good experience and very poor for private care. May be your staff should go into London and experience how other private hospital operate at private level , I think you will find it an eye opener and to bring home how you are not doing it right.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 September 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 05 September 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking time to write and describe the difficulties and frustrations you have experienced with regard to your recent appointment at Circle Bath Hospital. We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your last visit to Circle Bath and wanted to re-assure you that was certainly not our intention. We have already shared your concerns with all the relevant staff, including your Consultant and we will continue to investigate all the points you have raised. We will also make every effort to contact you and share the findings of our investigation with you. We have a dedicated Quality and Assurance team here who would be very happy to discuss this with you in person and clarify any other points you may wish to bring to our attention. Our Quality and Assurance team can be contacted:

1. Through our enquiry line: Enquiries.CircleBath@circlebath.co.uk
2. Via phone: 01761422298 or 01761422237
3. Write to: Quality and Assurance Tem, CircleBath Hospital, Foxcote Avenue, Peasedown St. John, BA2 8SF

David Morris gave Ophthalmology at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I can see clearly now

I attended the Circle, Bath Hospital this morning (5/7/17) for the insertion of a Prosthetic Replacement Lens in my left eye. My admittance was overseen by the nurse and the procedure was carried out by the doctor. Both of whom together with their supporting staff were extremely welcoming, professional and strictly adhered to health and safety procedures. After the successful procedure I felt extremely priviged to have head the god fortune for it to have been carried out in this excellent establishment.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 06 July 2017

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

back surgery

After 2 years of taking pain killers I asked my GP if I could see a surgeon to see if they could help me in any way, I was referred to circle Bath. within weeks I had seen the consultant and had an up to date MRI scan done, I was advised that surgery would help me, and we discussed to risks involved, I agreed to go ahead as I wanted to have some thing done to help me get of the pain killers. A date was agreed that suited myself.
On the day of the op every thing went just as I would of like, no rush but also no waiting around not knowing what is happening, after the op I was sick several times, this was not a problem and I was given as much time as needed to recover before being discharged.
Overall I could not fault the service I was given by the staff at the hospital.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 07 July 2017

J.G.Balderstone gave General Surgery at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hernia Operation

This was the second time I have visited this hospital for surgery.
I would have no hesitation in returning for a third time if it were necessary.
The staff were all attentive, courteous and efficient.
There was no unnecessary waiting time and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The whole ambiance of the hospital together with free parking made an otherwise anxious time more palatable.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Circle Bath Hospital replied on 10 July 2017

David Green gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Circle Bath Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The Air that I Breathe through my nose feels Amazing

My Procedure of Bilateral Nasal Polypectomy at Circle Bath took place 6th July 2017 .I was very well lnformed of my procedure by the Nursing stafff ,I was also seen by both the Surgeon and Anaesatist who gave me very valuable information and reassurance concerning my procedure.The care and attention given to me by all the medical staff was superb.I was also impressed to receive a call from a nurse the following day to ask me how I was feeling.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017