Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

child appointment

Even tho were waiting over an hour for our appointment the staff were very apologetic and excellent customer service was given . The 2 doctors we saw were lovely and great with my 4 year old .

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 09 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of receiving treatment at Hinchingbrooke- your comments are appreciated and we will pass them onto the ophthalmology team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Birch Ward

This year I have had both my hips replaced...The treatment and care I have received was exceptional from the Consultant down to the ward Cleaner, of whom I would like to say takes great pride in keeping Birch Ward immaculate for the patients...Well done Hinchenbrooke

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of being treated at Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your lovely comments onto the Birch Ward team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Joseph Quinn gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement

This was my second visit to birch ward. I would like to thank all the staff including the cleaner for their support and kindness .And I was well looked after

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 16 July 2015

Robin Pain gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I had fast, professional, painless and effective treatment

I arrived Monday morning at 9am for my pre-operation blood-test - hence bypassed the main queue (according to the sign saying "blood tests") and asked again at the next desk who pointed my to further in where there was no queue, and I had my blood taken immediately, and walked out five minutes later at 9.10am - very good.

Went in for my op (gall bladder removal - via key hole surgery) the next day on Tuesday at 7.30 at the main desk (no queue) and was shown directly to the next waiting area - waited about 10 minutes, and was taken to a "cabin", a private room with one bed and filled in the consent form, etc. I came round at about 1pm, back in the same cabin. I had no pain, (only a mild discomfort) and went home at 5pm.

Today is Wednesday, and I have not needed to take any painkillers and feel very well.

The staff were all excellent and as you can see, so was the surgeon, and the anesthetist - I hardly felt a thing as they put the cannular in and there is only one tiny mark on the back of my hand today) and my nurse and the other nurses who looked after me.

I highly recommend this small hospital (ignore all the political noise).

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 22 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 27 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of receiving treatment at Hinchingbrooke. We are pleased that you are satisfied with the care you recevied and will pass your comments onto the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

All of the staff we came into contact with were helpful and interested. I am delighted that this is our local hospital.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 31 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of being treated at Hinchingbrooke - we will pass your comments onto the Ophthalmology team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Robin Pain gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My ERCP experience for gallstone removal in distal of CBD

I was received promptly on time (8.30) and was quickly prepared for the ERCP.

While laying face down with my head to one side, I was made comfortable (someone spotted that I needed the pillow removed - I am round shouldered) and that was the last thing I remembered before recovering, perfectly well without any after effects a short time later (I have forgotten when - that is the effect of an IV) and was soon home again that same afternoon.

This was a completely pain-free experience. Please thank all the staff (I do not remember their names) for their excellent work this Tuesday and for the IV sedation that makes it so unmemorable (thankfully).

This operation was the follow up of my previous gall bladder removal of the previous week that was also completely successful.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Dr James McElligott gave Cardiology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

In patient Critical Care Unit July 2015

FOA of the Chief Executive of HH Trust
I was admitted as an emrgency case into the Critical Care Unit on 24 July 2015 and discharged on 31 July 2015. During my stay I experienced outstanding treatment, care and attention from all staff in the unit and would wish this to be recognised by the Chief Executive of the Trust and other senior managers.
I would not choose to be admitted again but if that were to be the case I would be confident of receiving the highest quality care and attention by dedicated staff who put patient needs above all other considerations.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 02 August 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellant careful round

Op in the treatment centre in June, followed by 4 night stay. Great staff, friendly, efficient, and caring, consultant visited daily following my op. I now live live out of area, but would not hesitate in recommending this nhs service to anyone.
Readmitted again shortly afterwards following slight infection , again,, great attention to detail, and condition, caring attentive/friendly staff., Working in the care sector myself, How wrong CQC inspectors where when making the last inspection,

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 21 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 27 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience of receiving treatment at Hinchingbrooke - your comments are much appreciated and we will pass them onto the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Robert Toland gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E

I had a heavy fall on Sat 13 June 2015 and attended Hinchinbrooke hospital's A and E department. It appeared moderately busy, but I was given an initial assessment after only a short 20 minute wait. I was then seen by a nurse who arranged for an x ray of my shoulder which was found to have been fractured. After stabilising the joint by means of a sling I left the department an hour and a half after my arrival. All the staff, both medical and non-medical were polite, caring and totally professional throughout. This was my first encounter with A and E but my family and I have all found a similar attitude by the staff of other Departments of the hospital. This reinforces my view that the inspection of this hospital by the Care Quality Commission was deeply flawed and its subsequent report disgracefully inaccurate.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of receiving treatment at Hinchingbrooke's A&E Department - your comments are appreciated and we will pass them onto the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Surgery - Vascular at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Varicose vein removal

Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with the treatment received to remove the varicose veins in my leg. The cleanliness of the hospital, together with
the care and attention from the staff and consultant was excellent. From initial consultation, scan to today,s procedure I have always been seen on time. Thank you

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on the treatment you received at Hinchingbrooke - your kind comments are much appreciated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.