Hinchingbrooke Hospital

01480 416 416 Hinchingbrooke Park , Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E Absolutely Great

New Years Day and a trip to A&E.
Staff absolutely great, wonderful experience.
Walked in broke, walked out fixed, couldn't ask for more.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 01 January 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 04 January 2016

Fantastic news! Happy New Year and thank you for your feedback - we're delighted to hear about your experience.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

. cardiology appointment

I came to the hospital today 4/1/2016 to cardiology my appointment was at 1520pm I did not see the doctor till 1720pm I waited 2 and a half hours to be told by the doctor to keep taking my tablets I was with them for 2 minutes I think this was a waste of time doctors need to think if they really need to see the patient at hospital because my doctor could have phoned me at home and told me this and maybe they would not have been 1 hour behind this is my third appointment at this hospital were I have waited hours to see a doctor to be seen by them for 2 min something needs to be done to stop wasting patients and doctors time my email address is my mothers as I not have one you can reply by this address

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 05 January 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 11 January 2016

Thank you for your feedback - we are sorry to hear about the delay with your appointment. Unfortunately your email address doesn't appear here on the NHS Choices site (for safety reasons) so we are unable to reply to you directly. Please can you contact our PALs Manager Lorraine Tosh on 01480 428964 or email hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can discuss your concerns in more detail?

Ella's Mum gave Colorectal cancer services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor Op in the Procedure Unit

i was very well treated by all members of staff involved - pre-Op and post-Op.
The Cabin I was allotted was warm and comfortable.
All facilities used were extremely clean.
Staff attitude at all levels was polite and helpful.
All very reassuring.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 25 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience and will pass on your thanks to the teams involved. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

SAMANTHA CLARKE gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care at A&E

I recently attended the A & E department having been advised to attend by the 111 service. I live mid way between Addenbrookes and Hinchingbrook but chose the latter as I had been impressed on a previous visit a few years ago. I could not have received a warmer welcome from the reception staff and subsequently the triage nurse. I was offered pain relief immediately. The advised waiting time was 1.5 hours but i was called in by a doctor within 25 minutes. One child was fast tracked ahead of me which was entirely understandable and appropriate. The junior doctor i was treated by was excellent, a friendly and down to earth approach which immediately put me at ease. My wound was dressed by a staff nurse who was clearly passionate about the hospital and their work and very caring. I do appreciate that I was fortunate to attend at a quieter time but i would have no hesitation in recommending the hospital. Truly dedicated staff in a community environment. I wish the hospital continued success on it's journey of improvement. Thank you

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 30 January 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 11 February 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely comment. We hope your wound is healing well and will pass on your lovely words to the department.

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Whilst in daisy ward pain

Whilst in daisy ward I have never been left in so much pain after surgery before.i have had quite a few operations in other hospitals and never been.left in pain like that before.
I had to beg for pain relief and on a number of occasions the nurse didn't even bother to come back.
I even had to ask for them.to empty my cathiter. Absolutely shocking!!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 08 February 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 11 February 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and hope you are feeling much better. If you would like to talk to us about this, or need any further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Don't go to A&E on a Saturday night

Arrived by ambulance with my 2 year old suffering from breathing difficulties. We were left in am A&E room all night from 10pm to around 5am before being transferred to the ward. Lovely paediatric doctors but nursing staff absent. I didn't even have a chair to sit on - has to perch on my sons bed. Not an offer of a glass of water or chance to go to the loo. Ward nursing staff not much better, nobody to be seen anywhere. Had to take my son to the loo with me as I couldn't leave him alone on an adult bed. We waited ages for a glass of water. Staff seemed to ignore boy in the next bed whose oxygen alarm was going off for 15 minutes until I attracted their attention.

The nurse woke my 2 year old to give him his inhalers. As he'd only had about 45 mins sleep all night ,you can imagine he was not best pleased to be woken up, but just needed a minute or two to come round and calm down. The harassed nurse had no patience insisted I hold him down (unheard of at home, as he is usually very co-operate at having his treatment) and then proceeded to shout at him. He is 2. Disgusting. Dread to think what would have happened to my son if I had not been there to look after him.

Getting my son some breakfast seemed like a major inconvenience to them. Terrible experience.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 04 February 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 11 February 2016

We're so sorry to hear about your difficult time in A&E and hope your little one has recovered well from his breathing difficulties. If you would like to talk to us about this, or need any further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

We will also pass on your comments about Holly Ward to Cambridgeshire Community Services, who run children's services at the hospital on behalf of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group.

Jon Pulford gave Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

emergency eye clinic

I am a regular attendee at the clinic, I receive consistently the highest standard of care and would like to especially thank one member of staff and the front desk reception team at the eye clinic. They are often overwhelmingly busy and stretched yet somehow make me feel like I get personal care and individual expertise. The one member of staff has my complete confidence as an outstanding healthcare professional - I do hope the senior management at the hospital take time to thank their great staff

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 29 December 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 04 January 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback - it's very much appreciated and we will of course pass on your thanks to the eye clinic team.

Steve gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity - Out of Hours GP

What a fantastic little hospital. The staff were fantastic from start to finish during our maternity period and more recently, the out of hours GP service.

The whole set up from the infrastructure to the staff deserve the highest possible praise.

To all the staff please keep up the great work you do. It's appreciated. Thank you.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 20 December 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 December 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. We will pass them on to the maternity team.

Martin Wooler gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Received emergency treatment for minor head injury

I stupidly tripped at an event I was attending in the centre of Huntingdon, gashing my forehead and was delivered to Hinchingbrooke Hospital by ambulance on the morning of Saturday 5 December 2015

I was immediately transferred to an A&E cubicle and received excellent assessment and treatment to stem the bleeding from the wound from staff. Amazingly, within an hour, I was being checked by the on-site CT machine (staff were most professional). Thanks to the kind on-duty A&E doctor, who also treated me

Particularly given that I am on Warfarin, the dangers of head injuries were explained to me and various other tests conducted, including blood pressure, ECG and INR. I feel bad for causing so much trouble, but am very grateful for the prompt, high quality service received

Thank-you, Huntingdon Ambulance Service and Hinchingbrooke A&E!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 06 December 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 09 December 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We trust that you're now on the road to recovery and feeling much better after your fall. We will pass on your feedback to the A&E team and our colleagues in the Ambulance Service who will be delighted to hear from you.

Gingehl gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Stress about parking.

My husband has terminal cancer and in receipt of £75 per week sickness benefit before tax.(£72.50) after tax. He has a blue badge. Apart from the day when he receives chemotherapy he has to pay for car parking charges. Today he attended the hospital and had to pay £6 as he has been kept in. When he attends hospital daily which he often does, he spends a minimum of £2.90 per visit. You may think this is a reasonable charge but when you start taking it away from a person' weekly benefit, it really eats into their income and causes them unnecessary stress.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 07 December 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 09 December 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your husband's battle with cancer - our thoughts and best wishes go out to you both.

It sounds like your husband may be able to claim back his parking and travel costs via the government's healthcare travel costs scheme. More information is available on the NHS Choices website: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Travelcosts.aspx.

If you would like to talk to us about this, or need any further assistance with the process, please feel free to get in touch with our PALS Manager Lorraine Tosh on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net