Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Mike gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent A&E

Referred to A&E by my GP with chest pains - seen immediately, blood test, urine test, ecg, chest X-ray etc etc all done within an hour - all staff very kind, totally professional and efficient. Can't fault the service, very impressed.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 03 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the A&E Department at Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your comments onto the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Cassandra Bird gave Rheumatology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

rheumatology team are top notch

I've been under the rheumatology team at Hinchingbrooke hospital for a year now. My rheumatology nurse lends a whole lot more to feeling cared for and understood. I know not all medical profession is able to experience these diseases first hand but it really is a special benefit to us patients. I have also spoken to and I am due to see the biologics nurse who has also been thus far a great support over the phone. I've had a very difficult and very rapid onset of severe RA and its changed my life completely, so I wanted to leave a great review for this team, including the wonderful reception team, thank you so much to you all for supporting me through the hardest times of my life. A special mention has to go to a particular nurse, as I say, they truly is a treasure to behold for anyone going through this. Its so difficult when everyone I see has no idea what I am going through. They are definitely someone who should be looked up to with much respect, to keep going the way they do, bringing so many help thru this disease! Thank you rheumy team, I have a lot of experience with hospitals and specialists from many areas and your team truly is top notch! Cassandra Bird

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of receiving treatment at Hinchingbrooke- your comments are appreciated and we will pass them onto the rheumatology team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Avoid like the plague!

The worst hospital experience of my life! It took almost 48 hours and constant "we'll give it a couple more hours" before being rushed into surgery under General anaesthetic for emergency C section. After being out for almost 2 hours my partner finally got to see me after many debates with nurses and doctors. 3 hours after delivery I finally got to see and hold my baby. The staff were rude, arrogant and explained nothing about what was happening or had happened during surgery. I was unable to leave for days due to "tests" on my baby and waiting on the results from addenbrookes. Again nothing was ever explained beyond short stroppy answers from the staff. This was my first child and this hospital helped make it the worst experience of my life.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 22 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 24 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Hinchingbrooke Hospital. We are incredibly sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the maternity care you received. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further so that we can learn from the issues you have raised and put in place appropriate corrective actions. We should be grateful if you would contact our PALS Manager, Louisa Grice, so that a senior member of the maternity team can meet with you at your earliest convenience. Louisa can be contacted on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Patricia Lines gave Diagnostic Physiological Measurement at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Costa Restaurant

I personally don't find the installation of Costa into the restaurant a very good idea. Firstly, because Costa is expensive with it's drinks and food I am not always able to use the facilities whereas I always stopped for refreshments before. Am sure I am not the only one with this problem.

The second problem is the time taken to produce one's drinks. I realise that every drink is made independently and is supposed to be specialist, but when rushing for an appointment and needing a quick tea beforehand, this really isn't possible. Time taken to serve customers is too long for a hospital.

The third problem, which is actually rather important (probably vital) is that throughout the whole restaurant there is not one clock. Those people who are waiting for an appointment have no easy quick reference to the time. I had to keep fishing my phone out of my bag to find out the correct time.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 02 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of using Costa Coffee at Hinchingbrooke. It is much appreciated.

The layout of the old and new café in our Treeatment Centre are very similar, and particular attention has been paid to improving both the seating and ambiance whilst offering patients a wide range of choice when compared to the previous offer. We have passed your comments onto the Manager of Costa regarding the length of time taken to prepare orders and the possibility of installing a clock and this will be discussed with the team.

Sarah Lenton reviewed General Medicine at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Self discharge from Hitchinbooke

I was taken by ambulance to Hinchinbrooke. It all started really well, the Ambulance crew were amazing, the speed and attention inA &E also faultless. I was then transferred to an acute? ward, not sure what it's called but the staff and conditions there were wonderful. The energy of Staff Nurse and their colleagues, their compassion and dedication restored my faith in NHS again. But then I was transferred to Short Stay ward. As the porter wheeled me on to the ward, the Sister and their "crew" didn't even look up let alone acknowledge me, eventually the porter asked "where" and Sister waved their arm further along the corridor, we decided we should go that way.
I already had a saline drip inserted and asked the nurse to reinstate it as I was very dehydrated, I'm assuming they were a nurse, they said they needed a part for the drip and would organise it for me. Over the next 2hours, I asked them to fix the drip, "yeah,ok" was their reply each time.
The lady In the bed next to me was very elderly, I think she was blind and was obviously very confused, she cried and called for help for such a long time that I was getting upset for her so decided to press my call button. The six bedded ward had a sliding glass wall/door which was quite an effective sound barrier between the patients inside and staff outside.
After some time, I'd say more that 5 minutes, id had no response to my call bell so decided to go In search of help. In the corridor was Sister and all their staff 6/7 all laughing and chatting in a group. They ignored me so I asked if I may speak to senior staff, Sister looked my way and said "I'm busy" then went on laughing with their group.
I went back to my bed and told the staff I wanted a discharge form. I told them all,the above and they said "I didn't hear your buzzer" what nonsense, I'd been standing next to it in the corridor. They said they couldn't do my drip without a doctor???? It was all absolute childish blame passing. Sister never did put in an appearance.
I could go on, there's much more but for identification I went to the Short stay unit on Wednesday 4th March 2015 around 4pm, I left around 6/7pm.
I'd be happy to discuss this further but please know that my treatment, and others on that ward who cannot speak up, was disgusting and the staff should hang their heads in shame.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 02 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent admission to Hinchingbrooke. We are very sorry to hear about your experience on the Short Stay Unit and are undertaking an investigation into the concerns that you have raised.
We would be grateful if you could contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email (hch-tr.pals@nhs.net) if you would like to be provided with the response to that investigation.

Jackie vonhof gave Gynaecology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Best hospital

I have had to visit many hospital during my cancer treatment and I can honestly say this is the best, it's clean, friendly, excellent parking, and overall very good. I have stayed at more prestigious hospitals and have had much worse experiences.
I was in the Woodland centre for oncology/gynaecology.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 12 March 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 31 March 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your comments onto the Woodlands team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Brian Grigg reviewed Cardiology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

my stay

I was taken to hospital on the 10th March after having a,small heart attack during the night the staff at Hitchingbrook were all top class .I was kept in for 3 nights,the staff could not do enough for me making sure I had plenty to drink when ever I wanted .So a big thank you each and everyone of you keep up the good work

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 31 March 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Hinchingbrooke. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

jane gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent

Had total hip replacement
Care was excellent.
Staff were very professional and caring
Ward was exceptionally clean
Amenities better than anything I expected
Couldn't have been better
Thankyou to all staff

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 22 March 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 31 March 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your comments onto the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Carol Abbott gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Birch ward

I had a knee replacement on the 9th march . From the moment I called the ward to the moment I was discharged I was made to feel at ease all of the staff were friendly helpful and very professional. The meals were tasty and there was a good choice. The ward was cleaned every day to a high standard. I was pleasently surprised how things had improved since my last stay in Hinchingbrook 4 years ago.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 March 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 31 March 2015

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency admission - 3 day stay

Can't fault the service. All staff attentive and helpful. Food good. facility modern and clean..

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 31 March 2015