Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a stranger to the area

What I liked

i had to visit the A +E dept after a back injury . I was seen by a doctor after a 10 min wait and was checked over and sent home with painkillers. I thought that all the staff including reception , nursing staff and doctor were excellent and nothing too much trouble. I don't live in this area and was so grateful for the help I received.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 07 February 2015

Michael Gilbert gave Urology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service with a High Rating of professionalism.

1st admin visit to Hinchinbrooke for my operation.. I was gob-smacked at the high standards & professionalism of the staff, the cleanliness and privacy of the organisation with the staff.
Very friendly, very helpful, made me feel comfortable as if i was at home. Faultless service.
Highly recommend at all levels. The food & drink was excellent too.
I would highly recommend this hospital at all levels. very pleased, satisfied and happy all at a very high standard... amazing - - Luvly Jubbly :)

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 14 February 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

maternity unit unstaisfactory

my daughter had an issue on arrival not able to go to toilet.
placed on lilac ward, 2 hours later broke my waters meconium present baby heart beat kept dropping, 7 hours later baby delivered by forceps, 4th degree tears rushed into theatre.
baby taken to Luton placed onto hypothermia coma, to reduce any brain swelling
my daughter did not see my baby or touch her. was given a leaflet on brain damage my daughter was totally scared.
next day told she required a blood transfusion in the end opted for iron injection this took from 10am to 3.45pm to have, promised she would be able to leave to so my daughter could see her baby.
after my mum complained I was given my notes at 8.30pm my parents had been waiting since 3.30pm total of 5 hours in the corridor to take me to Luton.
There were some staff lovely, but one shift on lilac ward were totally inadequate.
My baby is ok, but felt very let down, feel my baby/myself were placed at risk, more should have been done, C-section should have been done.
I hope my daughter never has another baby here.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 February 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Roger gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional, Courteous and Attentive

My wife was very ill, I was very worried and A&E was frenetic. There were no cubicles, no ward beds and clearly insufficient staff. Yes, we had to wait in a corridor, yes my wife had to wait 4hrs for a ward bed and yes, she had to wait two and a half hours before seeing a doctor. At all times however and with every practitioner we saw, we were treated with the utmost care, attention and courtesy. I wouldn't have wanted to have been anywhere else in the world. Our thanks to all staff from the paramedics to the emergency consultant. You all do a great job!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 25 February 2015

Never again

Will never go to Hinchingbrooke again, Emergency c-section was brilliant and a doctor who had to come see my baby.

99% of Lilac ward staff were rude and disgusting towards myself, my parter and even making comments about special care babies.

If it wasn't for my partner constantly harassing the staff to pull their fingers out I might not have my beautiful baby today.

If you have a high risk pregnancy, or in due to reduced movements, babies heart rate..
go somewhere else!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 11 February 2015

LozzyLeopard gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Inefficiencies ruin this hospital

Visited twice this week for different things. Generally hospital staff are great, caring and knowledgable. Two things wrong, 1) admin staff are incompetent. Booked me into wrong clinics twice, second appointment resulting in me taking a day off for nothing. Sort it out! 2) general inefficicies of procedure, like why waste 3 people's time taking me on a bed to "surgery" (an injection) when I can walk? The height levels between hospital and treatment centre means a trolley lift to get you over the slope. This must happen 100 times a day. Move waiting area to main hospital perhaps?! Ridiculous. Some bright spark obviously decided on that!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 05 February 2015

Anonymous gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

24th December my nan was taken to hospital

Hinchingbrooke hospital are useless they have had my nan in since 24th of December and still haven't found out what is wrong. They constantly give her false hope about going home. Also telling her she's due for scan but never put her through for one. They have constantly been giving her pills basically trying to cover what is wrong instead of finding out he main cause of her being ill. It's ridiculous my poor nan is suffering and they are doing jack! Would never recommend this place at all.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 07 January 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Robin Pain gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Very good.

I was treated extremely well by the surgeons who visited me everyday and also by the staff who kept me free of pain and comfortable.

Abdominal surgery is a serious thing but I was never afraid and am now recovering well thanks to the physical and psychological support of this hospital.

I cannot say the same about the food - but they did try their best with a limited budget.

The nurses are particularly friendly and helpful as are the rest of the staff - thank you all at Juniper ward.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 25 January 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

GJ gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Surgery and Juniper Ward

On behalf of my husband, I wish to express how pleased we were with the consultant's expert keyhole surgery, the care of his team, the nursing staff and care on Juniper Ward Bay 3. Thank you to everyone concerned.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 12 December 2014

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

From 7:30am until 2:30pm today I can honestly say I was 100% looked after at...

From 7:30am until 2:30pm today I can honestly say I was 100% looked after at every stage. From the reception staff to the nurses & theatre staff, all were friendly, polite, professional, competent & superb.

After my first ever operation being NHS day surgery at a nearby hospital I was extremely nervous & honestly expecting the same disaster again. Then it was rude, abrupt staff that didn't look after each individual in an open same sex ward, leaving us & our visitors too look after ourselves.

My second op I paid private just so I could be sure of good service & treatment.

I can honestly say that the ward today was on a par with private treatment, I cannot fault it at all.

Many thanks to today's staff.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 01 December 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 12 December 2014

We are very glad that you feel satisfied with your recent treatment at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. It is appreciated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.