Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Jenna gave Maternity service at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lilac ward

I came in to the lilac ward needing help with my pregnancy . The staff were fast, efficient and really friendly. I'm so glad I am having my baby here. Thank you.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Why was I ignored for hours?

I was taken to the A and E department (3.45pm) after becoming ill over lunch with family at Huntingdon. After arrival I was told I had a high temperature and was given paracetamol and told to wait. After approx one and a half hours, I was seen by a nurse/sister who told me I still had a v high temperature and I needed to be seen by a doctor, due to my medical history. I asked if I could lay down as I felt very ill but was told I couldn't as there were no beds available. A urine sample was taken at this time and as the doctor was extremely busy, I was told to go back into the waiting room and I would be called. Around 7.30 pm I went to the desk and asked the clerk when I would be seen and was told to wait and that she would ask colleagues. By 8.pm she appeared to go off duty without any communication to me. The new clerk came on duty and approx 8.20 I spoke to her asking how much longer I would be waiting. She looked on the screen and said that I had been signed off as discharged! I was then seen immediately by a very helpful doctor and efficient nurse. After blood tests and IV antibiotics, I was discharged. It was then 10pm. This was over six hours from admission.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 06 November 2014

Kaybear gave Diabetic Medicine at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Diabetic Foot Ulcer Treatment Excellent

I have had two Diabetic foot Ulcers on my left foot for over a year. The treatment and care I have had has been excellent. I have nothing but praise for the Diabetic Team, especially the podiatrist. I have been fully informed on every aspect of treatment and know that I can feel safe in the knowledge that I am under the best care I can possibly be.

I have been Diabetic since 1998 and ot took me a very long time to come to terms with it. My control was very poor so I do understand how other people feel. I am under no illusions that some patients have a difficult time and I suppose that I have been extremely lucky. However, I also know that it is MY responsibility to control MY Diabetes carefully and not arbitrarily blame others for poor control. It is YOUR decision to eat properly and keep your blood sugars down NOT the responsibility of the Hospital. If your Diabetes control is poor then you need to rethink what you are doing and be honest with yourself that you need help to control it. Listen to what the Medical team tell you its not for the good of their health, its for the good of yours.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 06 November 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Carol Vincent Bennet gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent local hospital

Hinchingbrooke has often suffered from 'bad press' but over the past two years the senior management team along with their incredibly hardworking staff have strived to turn the hospital around.

Having successfully given the hospital a physical makeover (its amazing what a change of colour scheme can achieve) and some obvious staff training (improving their inter-personal skills) I feel very positive about the hospital.

My husband and I have both been receiving on-going treatment over the last three months and I am facing a knee replacement within the next few weeks. Every appointment, admission and treatment has been excellent; no question, query or worry is ignored.

Hinchingbrooke's. approach and support of their patients has improved enormously - long may it continue!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Julia Hills gave Gynaecology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I had my first out patient appointment in Oct 2013, in the treatment centre. I have since had a few attendances, and every department I have been in, from clinic, MRI scanning dept, and most recently as an in patient for surgery I have experienced wonderful care and attention. All the staff, without exception, have been caring and kind and I have felt that any treatment that has been offered to me has been knowledgable and explained well.
I was an in patient for only three days, but I was impressed on the whole with the meals that were served up (hot!) and I don't think I've ever seen pana cotta offered as a pudding in any other hospital, and I spent 35 years as a nurse in the NHS!
We have lived in the area for only 18 months, and I will say that one of the factors when we moved was which local hospital we would attend if (when) we might need any medical attention. The good reviews on the hospital web site and word of mouth recommendation have proved accurate.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 28 October 2014

Anonymous gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service and staff

Attended Hinchingbrooke Hospital for X-rays recently; all of the staff that I met with were polite and understanding. The efficiency of the X-ray department and the speed that they dealt with me was fantastic.

Thank you!!!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Hospital feedback

Compliments from the patient to the gastroenterologist at Hinchinbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon, Cambs.

He is compassionate and caring, and he is always in a very stable space of careful, thorough listening and patience.

The depth and seriousness through which he listens to his patient simply makes any “doctor-patient” position and barriers disappear.

He is extremely capable of understanding patient’s pain and sufferings. I have only seen a fewer doctors who are sincerely able to absorb other people’s pain and deal with it as if it was their own. The impact of this itself is so important. Conversely, I remember the times where the sheer stress of having some bad doctor used to prolong my pain.

I owe my last 10 years of living to this consultant's careful medical balancing, high calibre skills and knowledge and his robust thinking that is truly vast. His approach stretches inside and out the protocols and frames, to win the game of life and health for his patients... and life itself is also so vast and not confined to any frame.

After all I have been through with the long term illness and countless doctors, I can say with full confidence that I have been too lucky to have come across my gastro specialist.
His exceptional and extraordinary capabilities make him eligible for the most respected specialists in his area.

I trust I share my opinion with all his patients and people who work with him.
What makes him so unique is his thorough, careful approach which never changes.

This is what also makes him a right-doer and what puts him on the right directions when making the decisions, all the time and without fail.

I truly believe that it is vital to have doctors such as this one. Once their continuous correctness build up the confidence in patient, then those simply have dual/double effect. Patient is confident that mistakes from the doctors of this calibre are possible but highly unlikely. And needless to say that the psychological impact of confidence, to any disease is far from negligible.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Ali Murray gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E and AAU

I was taken in to hospital having an asthma attack. I was seen immediately and given fantastic care.I was in overnight and taken care of very well. The food was amazing and apart from one nurse the staff were all fantastic and it was not a bad stay at all. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

We are glad that you were satisfied with your recent care at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. It is appreciated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Waiting time

I am extremely unhappy about the hour plus delay to my 10.50 appt

On 10/10

Despite I - advised I had a 12 o'clock appt elsewhere i was told nothing could be done to get me seen sooner plus advised I'd wait weeks if I cancelled. I just got further and further delayed, desk staff extremely unhelpful. The first time I asked 5mins after my appt time I was told the clinic was on time eventually I was seen 1hour 20mins late

Mr Andrews

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent appointment at Hinchingbrooke. We are sorry that you are not happy with the delay that you experienced. We pride ourselves on providing every patient with a high standard of care, and this means that sometimes it is necssary to spend more time with a patitent than anticipated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Madeleine O'Broin gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Parking and hospital visit

Parking was very easy and my apppointment was spot on time. I could not find my departrment listed which was the scan departrment so did not know what to tick.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

We are glad that you had a good experience of using Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.