Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Linda Vincent gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Operation in Treatment Centre

On Tuesday 8 July 2014 I had an operation to remove my gallbladder and would like to thank all your staff involved for the great treatment I received.

I was quite anxious about having my first general anaesthetic for 22 years as during my previous operation I had a cardiac arrest. I explained this to the anaesthetist, prior to the operation and he sent me for tests on my heart and informed me that everything should be alright this time.

On the day of my operation I was very unhappy to be told that this anaesthetist was unwell and another anaesthetist would be standing in for him. The anaesthetist visited me in my cabin and set about reassuring me that all would be well. I feel that he certainly went the extra mile for me and I arrived in theatre feeling very relaxed. Everything went very well and he even visited me after the operation to say goodbye.

Thank you all for making me feeling like a person and not just another NHS number.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 16 July 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 17 July 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent procedure at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust. We place great importance on putting our patients first and so it's really nice to hear that you had such a postive and reassuring experience. We will share your comments with the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Don't come here

My 2 year old son was inconsolable with pain. After a doctors visit advising I take him to hospital, we were waiting from 10 am till 5pm until the doctors, (one of which tried to send us home!) decided a urine test was needed! All that I could do from my home doctors in town. Very slow, not concerned about his red rash all over him after telling three doctors.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 08 July 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 15 July 2014

We are sorry to hear that your experience of services was unsatisfactory. Children's services on the Hinchingbrooke Hospital site are provided by Cambridgeshire Community Services (CCS) NHS Trust. CCS would welcome you contacting their Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) so they can investigate your concerns further. Please contact PALS on 0800 013 2511 or 01480 355 184 or email ccs-tr.pals@nhs.net

Alternatively you can write to the PALS team at Freepost: RTGA-CTLG-SCKH, PALS & Patient Experience Team, Unit 3, The Meadows, Meadow Lane, St Ives, Cambs, PE27 4LG

geoffrey norman gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Only went in for one night for observation

Only spent one night in hospital, admitted to A & E seen within ten minutes, x-rayed and seen by consultant all within 1 hour which I think is excellent. Nurses and other staff were first class, in my words ' home from home'

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 04 July 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 July 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent experience of using A&E at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust as a daycare patient. We will share your comments with the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience at Hinchingbrooke A&E today

Sprained a ligament and needed to go to A&E today as I couldn't walk. Booked in by a lovely member of staff. Reviewed by a lovely triage nurse. Called through by a friendly doctor. Then given crutches by another delightful member of staff. I couldn't fault anything about my visit. I've never done this before but just had to leave a review as the whole experience was excellent. I was in considerable pain too so sometimes it's harder to appreciate things but no problem today. Well done Hinchingbrooke!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 28 June 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 July 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent experience of using A&E at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and we hope that you fully recover soon. We will share your comments with the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

ukrock gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The NHS have failed me

On the 6th June 2014, went in for my Back surgery the hospital ward staff were well trained and looked after me no complaints.

But the after care is shocking; after leaving some 5 days the pain had come back so much I have now taking a more powerful pain killers.

I contacted my G.P first then the hospital consultant informed them of the problem coming back, but the pain is more severe, I have had no contact from them I am not aware what they are planning to do?

In May 2013, I informed my G.P. about my Back problem, having two Back Op’s in the past, now coming in to July 2014 so long to have this pain don’t know when I will
Have my next Op.

So NHS my rating is Zero ……………………………..

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 25 June 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 July 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent experience of using Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust. We suggest that you contact your GP to discuss follow up action, however should you wish to discuss aspects of your recent treatment at Hinchingbrooke Hospita, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Natalie Norton gave Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Pregnant with first child and cannot be seen as emergency

I am pregnant with my first child in my late 20's and although I have called for 3 weeks chasing and pushing for an emergency appointment as instructed by my midwife consultant as my eye drops can cause early labour. I am now at 16 weeks I am now getting very concerned. I have been pushed from pillar to post and will still not be given an appointment because staff are on holiday! This is obscene! The standards are slipping and I am going to be asking for a transfer, I expect more than this when it is not only my health at risk but my child’s as well. I am not being taken seriously at all.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 25 June 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 26 June 2014

Many thanks for leaving feedback on NHS Choices. I understand that you spoke to a senior clinician at the hospital yesterday and so I do hope that your concerns have been eased. However, should you require further help please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will be more than happy to assist - they can be contacted on 01480 428964 or by email hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Jon Gent gave Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Worried PAtient

Was referred to Hinchingbrook hospital at my request from Addenbrooks as it is 20 miles nearer to my home When after one hours wait I eventually got to see the consultant only to be told they had'nt got my notes also that they couldn't trace my scan so therefore have to start this whole process again.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 23 June 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 July 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent experience of visiting Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust. Should you wish to discuss your treatment further, please contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Alistair Stewart gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Carpal Tunnel op

I attended a review of my problem with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome 0n 27/05/2014 & was placed on the waiting list for surgery,advised as being 10-12 weeks. Within a few days I was notified of a cancellation & invited to attend on 10/06/2014. My operation was successfully carried out as scheduled & I am recuperating at home.
I was immensely impressed with procedures in place from the timely appointment reminder texts to the kindly professionalism displayed by all members of staff, including the volunteers at Treatment Centre reception. All advice/requests made with a smile & an easy confident manner which I found eased any tension I may have had.
This was my third experience with Hinchingbrooke Hospital in the last two years ..the two prior occasions involved short stays. I have only praise for all involved during all three visits.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 16 June 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 July 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent experience of being treated at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and we hope that you fully recover soon. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Good

My experiences of the hospital as an outpatient have been satisfactory

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 13 June 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 July 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent experience of visiting Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I have recently had a knee problem, which worried the life out of me and i didnt feel I could carry on with my work. I came to see the Doctor in the Orthopaedic Department, (Sorry I cant remember his name) I know he is a new Consultant, but he was great, I had an injection referred for MRI, seen in two weeks, and my knee is great, I cant believe it, when I could not even bend my knee. The staff were brilliant and really put me at ease.

Thank you so much, I think you deserve that reward, if this is the type of service offered to everyone.

Thank you.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 08 June 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 16 June 2014

Many thanks for providing feedback on your recent experience of using the services at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust. We will, of course, pass your comments on to the Orthopaedic Department. Should you require any further assisatnce, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.