Hinchingbrooke Hospital

01480 416 416 Hinchingbrooke Park , Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT

cate gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Phlebotomists

My daughter was sent to have a blood test from her out patients appointment today. During the blood test she unexpectedly fainted. I was amazed at how well the Phlebotomy team dealt with the situation all three of them working to make sure she was ok. One of the very kind staff collected a wheelchair so I could take my daughter out, another sacrificed their Kit-Kat to help my daughter recover. I will always be extremely grateful to them for the kindness and compassion they showed today.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 July 2016

Dear Cate, thank you very much for your kind words, which we have passed on to our phlebotomists at The Pathology Partnership, who run this service on our behalf. We hope your daughter recovered quickly and that she enjoyed the Kit Kat!

Ray Yerby gave Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Emergency Treatment

i would like to thank all the staff in the Emergency Eye Clinic for the treatment I received over the period 22 Apr - 20 Jul 2016. At all times I was kept fully informed of the actions being taken, the probable cause of the problem and the likely outcome. I have now fully recovered and during my treatment always felt that I was receiving the best possible care.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 20 July 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such fantastic feedback. We will pass on your thanks to the Eye Clinic team and hope that you're now well on the road to recovery.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A & E - The most appalling experience ever in an A & E

I have never known anything like it before. 8 hours for elderly and vulnerable patients - lying on trolley's first in one corridor then in another corridor in what were quite cold conditions. Not even offered a blanket or a hot drink. No privacy, no respect, no dignity. I was appalled. Some of the staff were lovely but others were officious. I had to stand by and watch in horror as my family member 'suffered' in these terrible conditions as you really did not feel as if you could say anything without causing your family member to suffer more. A lot of the staff had absolutely no urgency in their movement whatsoever.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 23 July 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 25 July 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. If you feel able to, please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net - we would like to be able to discuss this in more detail with you so that we can investigate what happened. In the mean time we have also forwarded your feedback to our Emergency Department's senior team so that they are aware.

Diane gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My time in Daisy Ward

I spent a week in June in the care of the Daisy Ward and the doctor and their team. Then I went back for day surgery in July. I cannot praise all the staff that was involved, absolutely top notch cleanliness, kindness and expertise. Couldn't wish for better staff - well done everyone, great job appreciated, thank you.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2016

Hi Diane, thank you very much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback, we have passed on your thanks to the team involved and wish you well for your recovery.

hinchingbrooke CCCD reviewed Hinchingbrooke Hospital

The CCU at Hinchingbrooke

A staff member on the CCU had no respect whatsoever for my son and even less for me to the point where they I felt like they just blatantly lied and stopped bothering to try and hide it

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 July 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 11 July 2016

Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can look into this in more detail for you.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and treatment

I arrived at the hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning with pains in my abdomen. Although there was a short wait to be seen, I expected it to be longer! Brilliant care in A&E, they listened to my symptoms and investigated the problem. This hospital is not my local hospital as I was visiting family for the weekend and my local hospital had failed to diagnose me the week before! Once A&e had done their investigations I was taken to ATSU. The nurses and health care assistants were very kind, thorough and helpful. They ensured I was comfortable and not in pain. I was in ATSU until Thursday evening- I couldn't have asked for better care. I was then moved to juniper ward. A lovely nurse was so very kind to me, when I was upset, the nurse spent time reassuring me and checking I was ok. I must say not all the staff in this ward were as welcoming or caring as them! The care I received on that ward wasn't as good as ATSU but I didn't let it dampen my overall experience. I was discharged on Friday ( having to wait from 9:40-15:00 for my prescription was a bit tedious). I am due to return for some minor surgery and although a little anxious I hope I get the same level of care. A big thank you to all that made my experience the best it could be. Staff of ATSU deserve a medal!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 10 July 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 11 July 2016

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review. We're delighted to hear that your overall experience was a positive one and will pass on your thanks to the teams involved in your care. We hope that you are feeling much better soon, and wish you well for your minor surgery. If you do have any concerns or need to discuss anything in more detail, you can always contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net, who will be happy to assist.

Anonymous gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Woodlands

Hello

My Mum Lilian is currently receiving chemotherapy at Woodlands. The nurses there are so kind and caring as are the Hunts Cancer Care Nurses. One nurse is in direct contact with my mum on a regular basis and makes house calls, taking blood samples, checking BP and monitoring my mums prescription drugs. I can't express my gratitude enough to all the hard working nurses who make patients like my mum as comfortable as possible and try and alleviate any worries. Thank you.

Wendy

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 03 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 09 June 2016

Dear Wendy, we're glad to hear that your mum is in such kind and caring hands and wish her a successful and speedy recovery. We'll pass on your super compliment to the team, who will be delighted to receive it.

David Russell gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Third operation at Hinchingbrooke

Went into Birch Ward on 8th June 2016 for a total hip replacement , having previously had a total knee replacement. As was to be expected the surgical team were marvellous. The staff on Birch Ward were second to none and could not do enough for you. If you can describe having major surgery a pleasure then it was. Brought about entirely by your obviously dedicated and very caring team. Please pass on my grateful thanks to them.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 16 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We will of course pass on your thanks to the team who looked after you and hope that you are now well on the road to recovery.

Bryan &Jean gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exceptional service at A & E

My daughter drove me and my husband to A & E 2 am this morning. My husband had a fall getting out of bed and hit his head on the wooden side rail of the bed which split his ear and cut his forehead about 2 inches long. We could not stop the bleeding as he had cut an artery. We arrived at A & E with him padded in towels and still blood running down his face, the receptionist could see how bad he was and got a nurse straight away to attend to him. Once in the cubicle the nurse tried to put a compress bandage on but they could see it was not going to work so they called for a doctor to come and close the wound ASAP, the doctor came and said they would have to glue it but needed to stop it bleeding so they found the artery that was bleeding and allied pressure with their fingers which after a few minutes was successful, the doctor was then able to glue and apply strip stitches and they also glued the split in his ear. The doctor then check on his general health and said they wanted him to wait for 15 minutes to make sure he was ok to go home, the receptionist made me and my daughter a cup of tea while we waited. This was all carried out in 45 minutes from arrival to leaving. I cannot praise this hospital enough for its service also my husband had a new knee operation in March this year and he was very happy with his stay of three days. I hope we do not have to lose any of this hospital to Peterborough.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

Thank you for the fantastic review - we're delighted to from you and hope that your husband is now feeling much better. We will pass on your thanks to the team in A&E who looked after you.

Chris Turnbull gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well done all staff on Daisy ward

I was 100% pleased with my day surgery experience. Every member of staff from cleaner, porter, admin staff to consultants and nurses were very competent, welcoming and instilled confidence. It was a delight to have a single cabin, to be kept informed all along and everything dealt with in a timely fashion. If I need a hospital again, I will choose Hinchingbrooke. Thank you everyone.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 22 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 27 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave such fantastic feedback - we are delighted to hear about your experience and will make sure that your thanks are passed on to the staff on Daisy Ward. We hope that you are now well on the road to recovery.