Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Michelle gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gallbladder removal @ treatment centre

from the moment i arrived until the moment i left i was taken care of and felt safe and at ease. Every member of staff introduced themselves to me and explained thier role and what would happen throughout the day. My surgery was laprascopic i was in theatres at 9am and home by 2pm and everything went smoothly. The doctor and team were fantastic. Thank you.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 12 August 2015

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

appointment communication

Second tme have turned up to be told now nfo yet, no information from other department I went to on fri I told them on fri I had app tues "oh we will make sure to pass on" called mon oh yes will call you back nope still waiting turn up this morning oh desr no I fo from CT scan yet oh did you phone they should have called you so you could decide whether to come or not hahaha hysterical my stress levels are through the roof my travel is extortionate but will now be claiming back if I can find office. To NHS try talking to each other your computer s dont seem to be too good keeping you informed

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 18 August 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Maxine gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

I would just like to thank the lovely doctor and nurses who cared for my son yesterday after disculating his arm - what a lovely hospital with such amazing staff - you do such a fantastic job Thankyou x

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 25 August 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Beverley Angel gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Emotional Distress

Appointment 26th August .On entering the consulting room the Doctor did not acknowledge my presence, they sat with their back to me long enough for me to become uncomfortable. The doctor then subjected me to a very painful procedure. When I flinched they became annoyed and made some remark ,blaming me for dislodging the grommet.By this time I was in tears. The doctor continued with the procedure,I was crying freely and asked them if they had ever had this done to themselves, because they had no idea how much it hurts,I had had three months of pain and discomfort and just wanted to be better.On leaving the room, I said to the Nurse I wanted to complain.I was given a leaflet .Have phoned 416580 left 2 messages ,no reply. Have phoned 428964 left 1 message ,no reply . Have filled in paper version of this, handed it in ,no reply.I stated I didn't want to see this Doctor again I have been sent an appointment for 23rd September. Now what do I do ?

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 30 August 2015

Anonymous reviewed Children's & Adolescent Services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Very rude member of staff in the canteen!

Tried to charge me for 4 adult portions of dinner, despite me requesting 3 of them to be children's meals. Apparently I had to 'pay for what was on the plate' and the portions I had been served by another member of staff were too big to be considered child portions. After I complained that that had not been my error, and I had actually questioned the size, double checking that it was definitely a child's meal, the member of staff in question virtually told me off, and begrudgingly 'let me off' paying for my own adult meal. How unbelievably rude!!! Such a shame as the meals were delicious!

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 04 August 2015

Marion Toland gave Cardiology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiology Department

I attended Hinchingbrooke for what I hoped was a routine ECG on 6 Jul 15. In the event, the consultant cardiologist, wanted to investigate further and, in view of our impending planned holiday, they arranged for an echocardiogram for 10 Jul. As a consequence of that procedure I was immediate admitted for observation until a bed became available at Papworth. The consultant, their assistant, the staffs of Walnut ward and the Critical Care Centre were without exception, caring, polite and very professional in their dealings with me. Thank you so much.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 August 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

In July, my 15 month old son was admitted to A&E with breathing difficulties. We were seen immediately and without question and the staff in the Emergency Department couldn't have been more helpful. He was admitted to Holly Ward, and I stayed with him over night whilst he was treated. The facilities there were excellent, the staff were warm and friendly.

The consultants who we saw were incredibly personable, and took the time to explain the diagnosis and treatment plan with me before we were discharged the following afternoon.

Thank you so much to the A&E staff, and the brilliant team on Holly Ward - you're all amazing.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 04 August 2015

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

child appointment

Even tho were waiting over an hour for our appointment the staff were very apologetic and excellent customer service was given . The 2 doctors we saw were lovely and great with my 4 year old .

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 09 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of receiving treatment at Hinchingbrooke- your comments are appreciated and we will pass them onto the ophthalmology team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Birch Ward

This year I have had both my hips replaced...The treatment and care I have received was exceptional from the Consultant down to the ward Cleaner, of whom I would like to say takes great pride in keeping Birch Ward immaculate for the patients...Well done Hinchenbrooke

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 July 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of being treated at Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your lovely comments onto the Birch Ward team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Joseph Quinn gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement

This was my second visit to birch ward. I would like to thank all the staff including the cleaner for their support and kindness .And I was well looked after

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 16 July 2015