Hinchingbrooke Hospital

01480 416 416 Hinchingbrooke Park , Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT

Anonymous gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Woodlands

Hello

My Mum Lilian is currently receiving chemotherapy at Woodlands. The nurses there are so kind and caring as are the Hunts Cancer Care Nurses. One nurse is in direct contact with my mum on a regular basis and makes house calls, taking blood samples, checking BP and monitoring my mums prescription drugs. I can't express my gratitude enough to all the hard working nurses who make patients like my mum as comfortable as possible and try and alleviate any worries. Thank you.

Wendy

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 03 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 09 June 2016

Dear Wendy, we're glad to hear that your mum is in such kind and caring hands and wish her a successful and speedy recovery. We'll pass on your super compliment to the team, who will be delighted to receive it.

David Russell gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Third operation at Hinchingbrooke

Went into Birch Ward on 8th June 2016 for a total hip replacement , having previously had a total knee replacement. As was to be expected the surgical team were marvellous. The staff on Birch Ward were second to none and could not do enough for you. If you can describe having major surgery a pleasure then it was. Brought about entirely by your obviously dedicated and very caring team. Please pass on my grateful thanks to them.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 16 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We will of course pass on your thanks to the team who looked after you and hope that you are now well on the road to recovery.

Bryan &Jean gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exceptional service at A & E

My daughter drove me and my husband to A & E 2 am this morning. My husband had a fall getting out of bed and hit his head on the wooden side rail of the bed which split his ear and cut his forehead about 2 inches long. We could not stop the bleeding as he had cut an artery. We arrived at A & E with him padded in towels and still blood running down his face, the receptionist could see how bad he was and got a nurse straight away to attend to him. Once in the cubicle the nurse tried to put a compress bandage on but they could see it was not going to work so they called for a doctor to come and close the wound ASAP, the doctor came and said they would have to glue it but needed to stop it bleeding so they found the artery that was bleeding and allied pressure with their fingers which after a few minutes was successful, the doctor was then able to glue and apply strip stitches and they also glued the split in his ear. The doctor then check on his general health and said they wanted him to wait for 15 minutes to make sure he was ok to go home, the receptionist made me and my daughter a cup of tea while we waited. This was all carried out in 45 minutes from arrival to leaving. I cannot praise this hospital enough for its service also my husband had a new knee operation in March this year and he was very happy with his stay of three days. I hope we do not have to lose any of this hospital to Peterborough.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 June 2016

Thank you for the fantastic review - we're delighted to from you and hope that your husband is now feeling much better. We will pass on your thanks to the team in A&E who looked after you.

Chris Turnbull gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well done all staff on Daisy ward

I was 100% pleased with my day surgery experience. Every member of staff from cleaner, porter, admin staff to consultants and nurses were very competent, welcoming and instilled confidence. It was a delight to have a single cabin, to be kept informed all along and everything dealt with in a timely fashion. If I need a hospital again, I will choose Hinchingbrooke. Thank you everyone.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 22 June 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 27 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave such fantastic feedback - we are delighted to hear about your experience and will make sure that your thanks are passed on to the staff on Daisy Ward. We hope that you are now well on the road to recovery.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement surgery birch ward

My mother who is 86 has just been discharged from birch ward following hip replacement. The whole procedure was very good, well managed and the staff could not do enough for her. The only criticism that I have is not in any way related to the staff or,hospital. She was offered surgery at hinchingbrooke as an alternative to a long wait for addenbrookes. Therefore we were out of area. The staff on the ward were expected to deal with her discharge without being given any assistance and knowledge of what was available as my mother could not go directly home. I had made it my business to find out and assist but feel that they should not be put in this position. Liaison between areas seems to be non existent and her GP surgery were very unhelpful.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 09 June 2016

We're so pleased to hear that your mother had a good experience at Hinchingbrooke Hospital following her hip replacement and will pass on your kind comments to the team. We also hope she is recovering as well as could be expected.

Wendy gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care provided by Hinchingbrooke.

My Mum is currently receiving treatment at the Woodlands Centre. The nurses are exceptional people and are so kind and caring.
Mum's Macmillan nurse is like a family to my
Mum. Unfortunately my Mum had to visit A&E recently and they were equally
kind and caring even though the wait was over 4
hours.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 30 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 09 June 2016

Hello Wendy. Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post such a lovely comment at what must be such a difficult time for your mother and you. We will make sure the Woodlands and A&E teams are aware of your appreciation.

gothic gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

very bad.

Very bad my partner got to A&e at 4.40am by ambulance.waited 45 mins to be booked in.
9.00am was waiting to be seen by a doctor.10.00 sent to eye clinic got out at 1.40pm went back to A&e was told he could go.he has has cone home still in pain wasn't offer scan on his head even tho that's where pain is along with his eye.he's been left untreated and in major pain .how could he be sent home like this in same state he was at 4.40am very bad care

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 17 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 18 May 2016

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net for further assistance.

Amy gave Gynaecology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great care

I was at Hinchingbrooke for day surgery and was treated with respect and care every step of the way, by every member of staff I encountered. The staff genuinely seem happy in their work and able to care for patients despite undoubtedly being busy. Great facilities, very clean and every step of the process was explained in depth. Very thorough - I felt truly taken care of. Thank you!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 19 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback. We are very pleased to hear about your experience and will pass on your thanks to the team involved. Wishing you well in your recovery.

Patients wife gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Totally dissatisfied.... questionable safety.

Husband arrives short of breath central chest tightness and obviously unwell. Advised of 2 hour wait told to take a seat. Surrounded by minor injury patients he is left in the waiting room for almost an hour prior to triage.
Triage by nurse speaking to him whilst facing computer screen Base line obs indicated urgent review so he was placed back into waiting room.
Over 2 hours waiting was taken through and given treatments.No explanation of investigations. Staff all but one staff nurse were miserable and lacked any real ability to interact on a patient level.
Moved in and around department without explanation. Until eventually being sent to xray to find they weren't expecting us. Radiographer heard having heated conversation with department about failures in communication which was somewhat off putting.
Patients in corridors with ambulance crews indicated significant offload issues yet department appeared to lack coordination and energy to resolve the issue.
No ECG carried out. Medical input limited and inexperienced. Poor staff morale is indicative of patient experience and other than porters who present professional appearance it was shocking to see professionals not compliant with dress code and basic uniform standards.
Such a shame. Could be a great little hospital though presently would definitely not recommend.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 May 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can discuss this with you in more detail.

Jeccles gave Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't have asked for better care

I had my first child here two and a half weeks ago. I was there long enough to have 3 staff changes during my pre labour and every single member of staff who saw me was incredible, so helpful and supportive. I also had a little complication after the birth and the care I recieved was amazing, they let my partner stay over night to help take care of our daughter as I couldn't get out of bed and found him a recliner to sleep in. I couldn't recommend this department enough. Well done hinchingbrooke labour ward and thank you.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 23 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 24 May 2016

Congratulations on the birth of your baby - thank you very much for the lovely feedback - we will pass on your thanks to the team and hope that you and your little one are doing well.