Hinchingbrooke Hospital

01480 416 416 Hinchingbrooke Park , Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT

David G gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery, High level of satisfaction

I attended for a planned ENT procedure under general anaesthetic, I therefore accessed pre-assessment a few weeks before admission and then Daisy Ward within the Treatment Centre and then Main Theatres & Recovery within the main hospital on the day of surgery.

I was on the afternoon theatre list but was still asked to attend at 07.45hrs - this is clearly organisation-centred arrangement rather than being patient-centred which is disappointing. This is the only negative comment I have however.

The staff were reassuring & friendly, in-fact I only ever saw smiles all day and in every department - it is a small point but a very important one. The staff are doing a fine job of being the face of the organisation and are a credit to the organisation.

All areas appeared very clean and I saw good attention to important points such as infection control, particularly hand-washing and the cleaning of rooms after patients were discharged.

I was kept up to date with what was happening next and the likely schedule for my procedure, this is crucial to patients in my view as it gives structure and reassurance.

I am a currently practicing senior nurse myself so understandably have a keen eye for correct clinical procedures and also for standards of courtesy and professionalism - bravo Hinchingbrooke, I can only praise all the staff I met in these regards.

Overall I received excellent, safe, effective and compassionate care - there must be effective leadership behind this (standards like this don't just happen by accident) so bravo to those responsible too. Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

72 year old man,acute chest / abdominal pain

Attended A&E at approx 3.30 am Thurs 09 Mar, with acute chest / abdominal pain.Was seen within 5 minutes by charming triage nurse who began the investigative process.
Rapidly seen by most efficient doctor.Tests and medication administered .
Senior Doctor and staff superb,discharged to GP care at 8 am.
All staff were friendly,introducing themselves by their first names.
Many thanks Hinchingbrooke-thank goodness my wife did not have to drive me to Addenbrookes or Peterborough.We remember having to drive to Addenbrookes A&E with
injured children before Hinchingbrooke was built.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Anonymous gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No privacy

Went to X-ray in March 2017. Changing area is small you feel on top of each other. Male and female. I felt so unsafe. A female came for an X-ray by a staff who said loud bra off put your t shirt back on. As no clothes provided. Not discreetly at all and in front of us including males. You just have a curtain separating you from a male. I would have panicked. I was horrified. Be prepared that's my point because I was shocked at the lack of privacy and dignity. I bet they won't even put this review up. But that's my honest experience.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

Candy gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Knee surgery in day unit

I attended the day surgery unit for arthroscopic procedure on my knee. I was admitted to my little cabin at 7.30am. I was assessed by the nurse.then seen by the physiotherapist. Anaesthetist and finally the consultant.all were very nice and explained things in much detail. I was told that I was 3rd on the list which would most likely be early afternoon. I was very dismayed at this approximate time as I'd eaten nothing from 12 midnight and had only been allowed water up.til 7am.so by lunch time I was extremely thirsty and starting to get headache from lack of food. At 1 o clock I enquired as to any news about me going to theatre to be told I would be called when I was ready. Eventually they came to fetch me to theatre at 2.45.once I was taken into theatre they looked after me impeccably.I was taken.back to.my.cabin after procedure and looked after very well.given water tea and asked if I'd prefer sandwich or biscuit. I was then given all my checks and discharge papers and allowed home. Overall the care was second to none.one thing I would like to ask.if the staff know that patients are not going to be going to surgery until the afternoon then why bring them in an 7.30am.this seems a little excessive and caused me much anxiety and parthere much anxiety and stress when this could have been avoided by either allowing him to stay until I went down or by having me come into the hospital slightly later.I'm sure all patients would appreciate a review if these procedures and would be less stressful for all those involved.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 February 2017

Mrs rutland gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lovely experience

I had an out patient appointment at this hospital yesterday which I am sorry to say I had never heard of.i live in Rutland and needless to say very apprehensive until I walked in the main door.From the staff member on reception to the surgeon who performed my procedure I was very impressed everyone was really nice and friendly. The whole experience was first class.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 February 2017

Hi - thank you. It's great to hear that your experience was such a positive one, we hope you're well on the road to recovery now.

A&E and children's assessment ward

I would like to say what excellent service my Son received yesterday. He was quickly booked in and seen in A&E, who then sent him up for a CT scan and assessed on the children's ward. We was kept informed and reassured at all times, all the staff where friendly and curtious throughout and even supplied him with a meal. We was there nearly 5 hours which wasn't a problem as I left reassured he had been throughly checked over. Thank you.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 February 2017

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're delighted to hear that you and your son were so well looked after, and really appreciate your kind feedback. We hope that your son is well on the road to recovery now - Best wishes to you and your family.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology outpatients 5* service, thank you x

Been to see a rheumatology nurse today after getting into trouble after a simple virus. Had to stop medications which has sent me into a flare up of symptoms.
From the moment I called the advice line four days ago to treatment today to dampen down inflammation, the service was brilliant.
Had my questions answered and treatment delivered with care and compassion. A brilliant service and I am so thankful for you! You've helped me to remain at work, to care for my children and helped with my symptoms. Things most people take for granted, I am so thankful. I owe hinchingbrooke my life.

5* service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 February 2017

Hi, thank you for your fantastic review - we really do appreciate it, and will pass on your thanks to the rheumatology team. We hope that you are feeling much better now and send our very best wishes to you for the future.

M.Read reviewed Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Fantastic maternity services

This is my third pregnancy and third time at hinchingbrooke hospital. Having developed diabetes very early and having a slightly small baby, I have been coming almost every fortnight.
The team here have been absolutely amazing and have gone out of their way to make this whole journey as easy as possible. The midwife assistants are friendly, warm, knowledgable and take the time to get to know you. Without question one of the departments biggest assets! I'm actually going to miss seeing them!
Similarly the diabetes nurses and consultants have been wonderful, going over and above to accommodate my severe needle phobia. I can not thank them enough. We chose to go 'out of area' to have all 3 of our children and we haven't been disappointed. A lovely, family feel to the department and I couldn't have been looked after any better. Thank you all.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Daniel Starling gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A very good hospital

I attended the emergency department of Hinchingbrooke Hospital with chest pains. I was seen within minutes and had a variety of tests done, with results, within 2 hours. Luckily it was not a life-threatening matter and I have been referred to GP care.

The staff were exceptional, they were attentive and each member introduced themselves to me with their first name and their role in my care. I didn't have to wait nearly as long as I expected and the standard of care was exemplary. I would highly recommend this hospital, it is a shining beacon of today's modern NHS.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 25 February 2017

SteveRFC gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Top Quality Care

I have stayed in Daisy ward for surgery and would like to thank the staff there for their care and professionalism during my stay.
The consultant and their team made me feel very relaxed and put me at ease both before and after my operation.
Thank you all.