Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Robert Toland gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E

I had a heavy fall on Sat 13 June 2015 and attended Hinchinbrooke hospital's A and E department. It appeared moderately busy, but I was given an initial assessment after only a short 20 minute wait. I was then seen by a nurse who arranged for an x ray of my shoulder which was found to have been fractured. After stabilising the joint by means of a sling I left the department an hour and a half after my arrival. All the staff, both medical and non-medical were polite, caring and totally professional throughout. This was my first encounter with A and E but my family and I have all found a similar attitude by the staff of other Departments of the hospital. This reinforces my view that the inspection of this hospital by the Care Quality Commission was deeply flawed and its subsequent report disgracefully inaccurate.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Vascular at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Varicose vein removal

Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with the treatment received to remove the varicose veins in my leg. The cleanliness of the hospital, together with
the care and attention from the staff and consultant was excellent. From initial consultation, scan to today,s procedure I have always been seen on time. Thank you

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Holly Ward - Fantastic

We had to take our 23 month old son to the hospital for an MRI scan following an elbow injury. The whole team across the areas that we visited were really lovely, friendly, welcoming and explained everything to us as we went through and ensured that we had plenty of time to ask questions and understood the decisions made.

The play area of the ward is so well stocked with toys that our son was spoilt for choice and the quality of the toys is really good and they are kept really clean - which is fantastic.

The Radiology team were also fantastic, taking the time with their valuable resource to ensure that we fully understood what was going to happen and ensuring that we were all safe and comfortable with the process.

We can't praise Hinchingbrooke Hospital highly enough - they make the whole, stressful situation of going to hospital as close to pleasurable as it ever can be!!

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 23 June 2015

deafluggs gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

before and after care

before my operation I was told I would need help due to having spondylitis. I said no I haven't got spondylitis and I'm fine. The anaesthetist said oh yes you have, it's written here, then shown me. I said that was rubbish and I haven't. The anaesthetist looked confused. After my op' a random doctor approached me while I was still recovering from general anaesthetic in my room and asked could two junior docs ask me some questions about my op'. I obliged, although not happy due to feeling rough. They asked me questions about my stomach op', er hang on I've had an ear operation and the random doc' called me by a different name, then to top it all I had a health care assistant that didn't speak or smile who tried to take my tempt by sticking a probe in the ear I had just been operated on twice. So overall rating in my book of hinchingbrooke hospital is rubbish!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 14 May 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 19 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Hinchingbrooke Hospital. We are incredibly sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the care you received. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further so that we can put in place appropriate corrective actions. If you would be happy to do so, we would be grateful if you could contact our PALS Manager, Louisa Grice, on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Juniper ward

My great Uncle is currently a patient at the hospital on Juniper ward. The way he is being treated is unbelievable. The staff are so unhelpful. the lack of care is ridicules. the behavior of the staff is disgusting.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 11 May 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Hinchingbrooke Hospital. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the care your great uncle is receiving. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further and ask that you would contact our Patient Experience Manager, at your earliest convenience. She can be contacted on 01480 416416 (ext 8047) or by email: mariafinch1@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Ent. Dr

Had appointment last week with ent consultant, told me this was not a private hospital? Also did not have my medical records so was trying to diagnose without previous history, consultant look very tired and bored , I was the last patient for that day which was the end of the week, i said to the consultant I was told not to put drops in my ear , they asked who said that , I said other Dr , which one they replied , we spent more time about other things than we did on the examination, and I have to go back for scan, I'm not confident with this member of staff and this is meant to be there top consultant in ent.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 01 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Hinchingbrooke Hospital. We are incredibly sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the care you received. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further - if you would be happy to do so, we would be grateful if you could contact our PALS Manager, Louisa Grice, on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous reviewed Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

ENT

Contacted ENT Department, was told they would call back that same day or first thing in the morning, following day 1 pm no one had contacted me , i had to call ENT to find out what is happening, they still have not found my records and on more than one occasion have mentioned addingbrookes have them, I have never been to addingbrookes so am confused why addingbrookes should have them, I have blood coming from my inner ear since Saturday , have asked if this is normal still waiting for a reply, any one else experienceing this from hinchingbrooke hospital, im concerned because I made a complaint , this is why I was not called back .

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 01 June 2015

We are pleased to read that you have now received a response from the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 2 stars

ENT

ENT Have now replied and said not to worry about the discharge of blood coming from the ear , so happy I now got a reply

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 27 May 2015

holly ward eye surgery

my daughter had eye surgery and Holly ward were amazing, so lovely and caring. I didn't realise my experience could be so good. Thank you to the staff involved, really great people.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 28 May 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 01 June 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Holly Ward at Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your lovely comments onto the team.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care!!!

having read the last few comments, I can't believe they are talking about the same unit that I have visited. Whilst the staff are undoubtedly very busy and short staffed I found them extremely helpful and reassuring. I have only just moved to the area and this is by far a much better than inner city large hospitals where you are lucky if the staff know your name. All the midwives and maternity care assistants who cared for me knew my name and could not do enough to make sure I was fully informed and supported me throughout.
Would definitely recommend this unit.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 05 May 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of using Hinchingbrooke's Maternity Unit - we will pass your comments onto the team who will be very grateful to read your kind words. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.