Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Anonymous reviewed Ophthalmology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

trying to make phone contact

very difficult to get through to the right department. When I finally managed to speak to someone they were very unhelpful and would only redirect me to a number that had already failed. When I objected the person on the phone became very rude before cutting me off.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 08 September 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience of using the switchboard service at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and we are very sorry that you had such a frustrating experience. We will make sure that we pass on your comments to the team so that they can use your feedback to identify how the service can be improved. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Vulnerable Patient Care

My 91 year old Father had an appointment at the ENT dept on Friday 12th Sep at 1.30pm. His journey to Hinchingbrooke was unpleasant and stressful (but not the fault of Hinchingbrooke). He arrived as a vulnerable 91 year old in a wheelchair loaded down with his oxygen cylinder. Initially, he was well cared for in the ENT dept, however, he was then deposited back in the entrance hall of the hospital away from the reception desk by a Porter so that 'he was not in the way'. Nearly one hour later my father finally managed to attract the attention of someone at the desk by waving (they had all been very busy with lots of people and my father could hardly speak by this time). He was then handed over to a person on the desk that managed to get him a lift with another patient going in the same direction (strangely, using the same driver that had brought him there). My father is a very sick old man with severe breathing difficulties, he was at Hinchingbrooke for essential treatment; he finally returned home to Huntingdon over 2 hours after his appointment finished. He is now much worse not better as a result of his experiences.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good out-patient experience

Recent outpatient orthopaedic experience very positive. All staff very pleasant, cheerful and helpful. Having been transferred from another hospital due to long waiting list I was given an appointment for surgery in 10 days time on a Saturday. Very happy with consultant - appointment was not rushed and everything explained very clearly. Relieved as I had been unsure about changing from my previous consultant. Only problem was having to be re-x rayed - not their fault as my previous x rays had not been sent over from a private hospital. Let's hope that the surgical experience is as positive! Will report back.

Caz gave Cardiology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Booking in at Reception!

My husband has had 6 appointments at the Treatment Centre in the past 3weeks, can you PLEASE tell me why there is only ever 1 person on duty at reception? We always leave plenty of time for the journey to the hospital only to have to queue up to check in & almost be late for the appointment. It looks like you haven't attempted to be on time. When you go in the main hospital there are so many staff asking if they can help why not deploy some of them to assist quicker booking in. Aside from that we have had wonderful treatment quick appointments fitted in at the last minute because of the urgency of my husband's illness.

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

This was my first visit to A & E

This was the first time I've had to go to A & E despite frequenting hospital due to recurring leg problems. I was waiting for a while as I was fairly low down on priority list but I was given painkillers and seen by the matron quickly so I was not bothered by waiting. When I was seen it was very effective and I understood all that was going on. I was given crutches and instruction on how to use them. I was very pleased with how I was treated as often, because I am 18, I am not always taken very seriously before people learn about the condition of my legs.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 21 September 2014

Laura gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Really good experience

I have visited hinchingbrooke many times before however on this organise the staff stood out, ESP those in the X-ray department. I was dealt with very quickly and with the best service I've had from any hospital previously. Thank you.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Roger gave Gynaecology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Just when we needed it most

After various examinations and biopsies, my wife was diagnosed with cancer a short while ago. It came as a big shock to us both. However the Hinchingbrooke staff were excellent and explained in detail precisely what treatment my wife needed and everything that we wanted to know about the operation and her stay in hospital. We cannot speak highly enough about Hinchingbrooke Hospital (and the Treatment Centre) and the treatment and care my wife received. Since Circle has managed the hospital, it really has become the model for the way in which the NHS should be run. It provides the very best treatment and care, the best facilities and the most excellent and caring staff. It just shows what the private sector, working together with the NHS can achieve in a partnership. We are pleased to say my wife has now been given the all clear. Thank you Hinchingbrooke Hospital and special thanks to one particular member of staff without whom we would never had coped.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Maureen gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cracking service!

Attended fracture clinic today, smooth book in procedure, called within minutes, Efficient, smiling friendly staff. Seen by consultant quickly. Temporary cast removed, decision on fracture or no fracture made.....fracture :( Weight bearing boot fitted & instructions on how to remove & fit myself in a easy to understand way. Appointment made for 3 weeks time..................All within 45mins. Way to go Hinchingbrooke. Well done, "cracking" service, you should all be proud of the service you deliver 5*****.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 01 August 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 08 September 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on your experiences of using the Fracture Clinic at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust. We will make sure that we pass on your comments to the Orthopaedics team - we are sure they will be pleased to hear your positive feedback about the care they provided. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Grannie Annie gave Maternity service at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed

My daughter has recently given birth to our grand daughter so I spent so I time with her in the delivery suite and on Liliac ward.
As a senior nurse in another district general hospital I know how hard it is to 'please all the people all the time'. I am also very sensitive to the attitude of staff and the atmosphere in wards.
Whilst I was waiting outside my daughter's room not one person walked passed me without ensuring that I was ok. The midwife caring for her exuded a calm and caring professionalism. After a previous difficult labour and emergency Caesarian Section at another hospital this was what we all needed. Thank you x
The public areas of the hospital were bright, clean and tidy. The parking was easy and convenient (yippee).
This hospital seems to have achieved the caring culture that we are all striving for. Well done and keep up the good work.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 10 August 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 08 September 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experiences of visiting Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and congratulations on the new arrival in your family. We will make sure that we pass on your comments to the midwifery team - we are sure they will be pleased to hear your positive feedback about the care they provided. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Very impressed