Hinchingbrooke Hospital

01480 416 416 Hinchingbrooke Park , Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

When I got to a&e I sat down ask as was unable to stand and was very worried as it was and the nurse was very rude towards me and not friendly . I also think it wrong the when seeing the nurse before you go through you to see a doctor you just stand at reception so everyone can heard what is wrong with you , you should Be taken into a separate room . The wait was to long and people after you went in first . Very disappointed with my visit to a&e

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 08 September 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 12 September 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can discuss this with you in more detail?

fred izzard gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My wife was treated on 8th Sept. Staff were brilliant.

My wife was admitted to A & E on 8th Sept. and subsequently to A.A.U. She was treated with kindness and care from all the staff and the Doctors. She was kept informed of her treatment and the possibility of returning for another appointment. We have been most impressed with the quiet efficiency .and care shown by everyone in both departments. Thank you so much for caring for her..

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 11 September 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 12 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave such fabulous feedback. We will pass on your thanks to the teams responsible, and hope that your wife is now feeling much better.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A&E

I was brought in by a lovely ambulance team after being treated by a very nice paramedic at work. Seen quickly even though the department was obviously busy. Treated with respect by all staff, lovely nurse and doctor was very patient explaining everything as we went along. Allowed home as soon as test results were in with follow up advice.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 21 September 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feeback. We are delighted to hear that you were well looked after and hope that you are now feeling much better.

Hazel Taylor gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

visit to A & E following falls and care in general

I suffer from MSA so I fall over a lot and can (and do) damage myself. Following more falls on holiday last week I was advised by your physio. dept to get checked in A & E. I attended 22 Sept and received first class treatment. Receptionist, triage, doctor and X-ray all very professional, efficient and above all caring. Must mention a particular junior doctor who was great with splendid interpersonal skills. I seem to have to rely on you guys at Hinchingbrooke a lot lately and I must record that I have had treatment today and over the past 18 months that money could not buy. As both in patient and out patient you have provided care of the highest standard. A big thank you to all involved in my care. Must mention the catering as well, first class, even my husband enjoyed finishing off what i left. I know he sent notes of appreciation back to your kitchen. Also the hospital feels good, the refurbishment and decoration provides a welcoming, clean and efficient atmosphere. Friends who have visited from other areas of the UK confirm these views. Again a big thank you and keep it up as I may well need your help again (I hope not but I have this progressive if rare condition). I know that my son entered positive feedback on your ambulance service and paramedics in January. Do hope I have not left anyone out. To the CEO you have done a fine job improving the hospital and are building a great teal there.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 22 September 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Visit din't inspire confidence

I visited my GP regarding a problem with my right index finger. The GP examined it and said they thought there was a foreign body in it (glass) that was trying to break out. They sent me for an x-ray at Hinchingbrooke. The radiographer x-rayed it and stated there was nothing in there and that I could go home. I queried with them what the GP had said. Their response, "Don't believe everything the doctors tell you!" I returned home. Two days later the scar on my finger broke open whilst I was decorating. On the advice of my daughter, who is a practice nursing sister, I dressed the finger and applied some magnesium sulphate. The next day, I removed the dressing and, lo and behold -- there was a piece of glass !!! So it was a not case of not believing the doctor - it was a case of....don't believe the radiographer !!!! Q4..There is no department listed for radiography.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 06 September 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 12 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are sorry to hear that the x-ray was unable to identify the problem with your finger. If you would like to discuss this with us in more detail, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E with my 10 year old

Hello Hinchingbrooke A&E and Holly Ward

I wanted to drop you a line to say "thank you" and how grateful I was for your teams' care, kindness and good humour.

I brought my 10 year old in on Monday 1st August to A&E at about 8pm with abdominal pain - we were concerned that it could be appendicitis. We were seen by the A&E nurse who triaged us and then, when we went through to A&E, by a paediatric nurse, A&E doctor and two paediatric doctors. We were then admitted to Holly Ward where bloods were taken by the paediatric doctor and a new nurse. We were also offered a bed for the night. Later when we chose to go home at 2am your receptionist and nurses helped us call a taxi.

Throughout our experience everyone we met was unfailingly kind, knowledgeable and so reassuring. I felt that we were safe and in good hands. You should be very proud of your team as everyone from the receptionist to the doctors really went out of their way to be kind and to help us. My 10 year old is even more certain of her ambition to work in a hospital!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 08 August 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 09 August 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review - we are delighted to hear that the staff who looked after you were so helpful and caring and it's great to hear that you were left feeling reassured throughout. We have passed on your thanks to our A&E team, as well our colleagues in Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust who run Holly Ward.

Thank you again for your kind words - we hope that your 10 year old is now feeling much better, and look forward to welcoming a potential new recruit in the future!

Terrible hospital

Very unhelpful staff that don't have a clue what they are doing. Messed me about for days regarding a very serious matter. Avoid at all costs

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 12 August 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 12 August 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can look into this in more detail for you?

Pauley811 gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb A&E Care

Despite a long wait and a packed Saturday night in A&E, I have to congratulate all of the staff I came into contact with; the person on reception, the nurses, the doctor, the radiographer and the porter. All were calm, friendly, professional and above all very understanding. They were rushed off their feet but found the time to put every patient at their ease. Well done A&E.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 14 August 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 August 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. We will pass on your thanks to the staff involved who'll be delighted to hear your positive feedback. We hope that you are feeling much better now and wish you well for the future.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Shocking, dangerous level of care

Following efficient appropriate and helpful care in A andE and transfer to ward , the total lack of care on the ward was a surprise. Communication between staff was non-exist, resulting in either several people coming to do the task, or noone coming. Medication was forgottenand/or delayed. Staff clearly fed up and hate the job and the people they are suposed to be looking after. Vvery sad to see the standard of care in this hospital has fallen so low.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 05 August 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 08 August 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can investigate further?

No thanks!

Myself and my newborn baby had been involved in a minor car accident. I was advised by the police to have her checked over at the hospital. The took us to the hospital as ambulance did not come to the scene for over an hour. We arrived at the hospital and my daughter was seen for triage. This involved a nurse asking me questions about the accident and if there were any changes with my daughter. We were then called into a room (16) where we had to wait even longer for someone. My partner and myself were concerned as my daughter always gets sleepy in the evening and they wouldn't be able to assess her as well, we also didn't plan the accident so didn't have nappies or milk (I am breastfeeding but low supply) we could see my daughter was getting dehydrated and we needed to get her home to feed her. My partner explained this to the nurse and theeir response was "all the doctors are gone so I'll try my best" they were uninterested in what my partner was saying! When she was finally checked it took 5 mins to confirm all was okay. It took 3 hours for someone to actually check my newborn baby she could have had mark under her clothes that no one had checked. Also I was very shocked following the accident and unable to change my baby. There is only baby changing in the women's toilet so my partner had to do it in there. The receptionist did give us a nappy and me a water.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 18 August 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 19 August 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please could you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can look into this in more detail for you?