Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Ali Murray gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E and AAU

I was taken in to hospital having an asthma attack. I was seen immediately and given fantastic care.I was in overnight and taken care of very well. The food was amazing and apart from one nurse the staff were all fantastic and it was not a bad stay at all. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

We are glad that you were satisfied with your recent care at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. It is appreciated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Waiting time

I am extremely unhappy about the hour plus delay to my 10.50 appt

On 10/10

Despite I - advised I had a 12 o'clock appt elsewhere i was told nothing could be done to get me seen sooner plus advised I'd wait weeks if I cancelled. I just got further and further delayed, desk staff extremely unhelpful. The first time I asked 5mins after my appt time I was told the clinic was on time eventually I was seen 1hour 20mins late

Mr Andrews

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent appointment at Hinchingbrooke. We are sorry that you are not happy with the delay that you experienced. We pride ourselves on providing every patient with a high standard of care, and this means that sometimes it is necssary to spend more time with a patitent than anticipated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Madeleine O'Broin gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Parking and hospital visit

Parking was very easy and my apppointment was spot on time. I could not find my departrment listed which was the scan departrment so did not know what to tick.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

We are glad that you had a good experience of using Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Fracture outpatients

Kept well informed of delay. Courteous staff nice surroundings very professional.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

David Fogg reviewed Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Audiology dept

Visited the Audiology Dept at Hinchingbrooke on the 20th October 2014 at my request after receiving unsatisfactory treatment with Specsavers on a number of occasions Had a hearing test review and was fitted with new hearing aids all in the same session Absolutely first class service from Emma King, Audiologist.. Highly professional lady. No more Specsavers for me anymore.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Carol Vincent Bennet gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent local hospital

Hinchingbrooke has often suffered from 'bad press' but over the past two years the senior management team along with their incredibly hardworking staff have strived to turn the hospital around.

Having successfully given the hospital a physical makeover (its amazing what a change of colour scheme can achieve) and some obvious staff training (improving their inter-personal skills) I feel very positive about the hospital.

My husband and I have both been receiving on-going treatment over the last three months and I am facing a knee replacement within the next few weeks. Every appointment, admission and treatment has been excellent; no question, query or worry is ignored.

Hinchingbrooke's. approach and support of their patients has improved enormously - long may it continue!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 23 October 2014

Julia Hills gave Gynaecology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I had my first out patient appointment in Oct 2013, in the treatment centre. I have since had a few attendances, and every department I have been in, from clinic, MRI scanning dept, and most recently as an in patient for surgery I have experienced wonderful care and attention. All the staff, without exception, have been caring and kind and I have felt that any treatment that has been offered to me has been knowledgable and explained well.
I was an in patient for only three days, but I was impressed on the whole with the meals that were served up (hot!) and I don't think I've ever seen pana cotta offered as a pudding in any other hospital, and I spent 35 years as a nurse in the NHS!
We have lived in the area for only 18 months, and I will say that one of the factors when we moved was which local hospital we would attend if (when) we might need any medical attention. The good reviews on the hospital web site and word of mouth recommendation have proved accurate.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 28 October 2014

Anonymous gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service and staff

Attended Hinchingbrooke Hospital for X-rays recently; all of the staff that I met with were polite and understanding. The efficiency of the X-ray department and the speed that they dealt with me was fantastic.

Thank you!!!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

susan.ward gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

ENT

The consultant was very rude, did not ask for consent and rarely acknowledged my prescence. He was dismissive and said it was all about budgets and money and not patient care.
A formal complaint will be made.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are very sorry that you are not happy with the care you received at Hinchingbrooke. Should you wish to discuss your feedback in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

waiting times

After calling the NHS111 service and turning down an ambulance and assisting getting myself to a&e but knowing I had to be seen quickly I informed everyone I saw of that fact. after waiting an hour in a&e I was then asked a few questions and moved to the out of hours GP. after 2hours and 45 minutes later I decided to give up waiting and return home to sleep and book a doctors appointment in the morning. I didn't feel it was good enough, I hope something gets done to make the service better

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014