Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Ali Murray gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E and AAU

I was taken in to hospital having an asthma attack. I was seen immediately and given fantastic care.I was in overnight and taken care of very well. The food was amazing and apart from one nurse the staff were all fantastic and it was not a bad stay at all. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

We are glad that you were satisfied with your recent care at Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. It is appreciated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Waiting time

I am extremely unhappy about the hour plus delay to my 10.50 appt

On 10/10

Despite I - advised I had a 12 o'clock appt elsewhere i was told nothing could be done to get me seen sooner plus advised I'd wait weeks if I cancelled. I just got further and further delayed, desk staff extremely unhelpful. The first time I asked 5mins after my appt time I was told the clinic was on time eventually I was seen 1hour 20mins late

Mr Andrews

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent appointment at Hinchingbrooke. We are sorry that you are not happy with the delay that you experienced. We pride ourselves on providing every patient with a high standard of care, and this means that sometimes it is necssary to spend more time with a patitent than anticipated. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Madeleine O'Broin gave Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Parking and hospital visit

Parking was very easy and my apppointment was spot on time. I could not find my departrment listed which was the scan departrment so did not know what to tick.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 10 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

We are glad that you had a good experience of using Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Fracture outpatients

Kept well informed of delay. Courteous staff nice surroundings very professional.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

David Fogg reviewed Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Audiology dept

Visited the Audiology Dept at Hinchingbrooke on the 20th October 2014 at my request after receiving unsatisfactory treatment with Specsavers on a number of occasions Had a hearing test review and was fitted with new hearing aids all in the same session Absolutely first class service from Emma King, Audiologist.. Highly professional lady. No more Specsavers for me anymore.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 4 stars

This was my first visit to A & E

This was the first time I've had to go to A & E despite frequenting hospital due to recurring leg problems. I was waiting for a while as I was fairly low down on priority list but I was given painkillers and seen by the matron quickly so I was not bothered by waiting. When I was seen it was very effective and I understood all that was going on. I was given crutches and instruction on how to use them. I was very pleased with how I was treated as often, because I am 18, I am not always taken very seriously before people learn about the condition of my legs.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 21 September 2014

Laura gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Really good experience

I have visited hinchingbrooke many times before however on this organise the staff stood out, ESP those in the X-ray department. I was dealt with very quickly and with the best service I've had from any hospital previously. Thank you.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent appointment at Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your comments onto the X-Ray Team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Poor service in ENT department

Yesterday, my 91 year old Father attended a followup appointment at the ENT department. He was expecting to undergo a Pre-OP appointment, however, on arrival he was told that he was actually scheduled for yet another CT scan, even though he had already had a CT scan just 6 weeks ago. My Father went along with all this right up until the Head of Radiology stopped the machine and told my Father that he strongly disagreed with proceeding with the CT scan as having 2 scans within such a short timescale could be extremely detrimental to his health, especially his eyes. As a result, my Father did not continue with the CT scan and was allowed home after a completely unnecessary and potentially damaging Hospital visit. Hospitals are meant to help cure people not add to their stress and problems. To make matters worse he had already experienced a similarly disastrous appointment at the ENT department last week.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the treatment your father has received at Hinchingbrooke. Should you wish to discuss this in more detail, a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team will be happy to assist you. Please contact them on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

susan.ward gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

ENT

The consultant was very rude, did not ask for consent and rarely acknowledged my prescence. He was dismissive and said it was all about budgets and money and not patient care.
A formal complaint will be made.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are very sorry that you are not happy with the care you received at Hinchingbrooke. Should you wish to discuss your feedback in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

waiting times

After calling the NHS111 service and turning down an ambulance and assisting getting myself to a&e but knowing I had to be seen quickly I informed everyone I saw of that fact. after waiting an hour in a&e I was then asked a few questions and moved to the out of hours GP. after 2hours and 45 minutes later I decided to give up waiting and return home to sleep and book a doctors appointment in the morning. I didn't feel it was good enough, I hope something gets done to make the service better

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014