Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Telephone: 01480 416 416
Address: Hinchingbrooke Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT
Website: http://www.hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Juniper ward

My great Uncle is currently a patient at the hospital on Juniper ward. The way he is being treated is unbelievable. The staff are so unhelpful. the lack of care is ridicules. the behavior of the staff is disgusting.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 11 May 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Hinchingbrooke Hospital. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the care your great uncle is receiving. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further and ask that you would contact our Patient Experience Manager, at your earliest convenience. She can be contacted on 01480 416416 (ext 8047) or by email: mariafinch1@nhs.net

deafluggs gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

before and after care

before my operation I was told I would need help due to having spondylitis. I said no I haven't got spondylitis and I'm fine. The anaesthetist said oh yes you have, it's written here, then shown me. I said that was rubbish and I haven't. The anaesthetist looked confused. After my op' a random doctor approached me while I was still recovering from general anaesthetic in my room and asked could two junior docs ask me some questions about my op'. I obliged, although not happy due to feeling rough. They asked me questions about my stomach op', er hang on I've had an ear operation and the random doc' called me by a different name, then to top it all I had a health care assistant that didn't speak or smile who tried to take my tempt by sticking a probe in the ear I had just been operated on twice. So overall rating in my book of hinchingbrooke hospital is rubbish!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 14 May 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 19 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Hinchingbrooke Hospital. We are incredibly sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the care you received. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further so that we can put in place appropriate corrective actions. If you would be happy to do so, we would be grateful if you could contact our PALS Manager, Louisa Grice, on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care!!!

having read the last few comments, I can't believe they are talking about the same unit that I have visited. Whilst the staff are undoubtedly very busy and short staffed I found them extremely helpful and reassuring. I have only just moved to the area and this is by far a much better than inner city large hospitals where you are lucky if the staff know your name. All the midwives and maternity care assistants who cared for me knew my name and could not do enough to make sure I was fully informed and supported me throughout.
Would definitely recommend this unit.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 05 May 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of using Hinchingbrooke's Maternity Unit - we will pass your comments onto the team who will be very grateful to read your kind words. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Mike gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent A&E

Referred to A&E by my GP with chest pains - seen immediately, blood test, urine test, ecg, chest X-ray etc etc all done within an hour - all staff very kind, totally professional and efficient. Can't fault the service, very impressed.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 03 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the A&E Department at Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your comments onto the team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Cassandra Bird gave Rheumatology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

rheumatology team are top notch

I've been under the rheumatology team at Hinchingbrooke hospital for a year now. My rheumatology nurse lends a whole lot more to feeling cared for and understood. I know not all medical profession is able to experience these diseases first hand but it really is a special benefit to us patients. I have also spoken to and I am due to see the biologics nurse who has also been thus far a great support over the phone. I've had a very difficult and very rapid onset of severe RA and its changed my life completely, so I wanted to leave a great review for this team, including the wonderful reception team, thank you so much to you all for supporting me through the hardest times of my life. A special mention has to go to a particular nurse, as I say, they truly is a treasure to behold for anyone going through this. Its so difficult when everyone I see has no idea what I am going through. They are definitely someone who should be looked up to with much respect, to keep going the way they do, bringing so many help thru this disease! Thank you rheumy team, I have a lot of experience with hospitals and specialists from many areas and your team truly is top notch! Cassandra Bird

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 14 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of receiving treatment at Hinchingbrooke- your comments are appreciated and we will pass them onto the rheumatology team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Avoid like the plague!

The worst hospital experience of my life! It took almost 48 hours and constant "we'll give it a couple more hours" before being rushed into surgery under General anaesthetic for emergency C section. After being out for almost 2 hours my partner finally got to see me after many debates with nurses and doctors. 3 hours after delivery I finally got to see and hold my baby. The staff were rude, arrogant and explained nothing about what was happening or had happened during surgery. I was unable to leave for days due to "tests" on my baby and waiting on the results from addenbrookes. Again nothing was ever explained beyond short stroppy answers from the staff. This was my first child and this hospital helped make it the worst experience of my life.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 22 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 24 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Hinchingbrooke Hospital. We are incredibly sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the maternity care you received. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further so that we can learn from the issues you have raised and put in place appropriate corrective actions. We should be grateful if you would contact our PALS Manager, Louisa Grice, so that a senior member of the maternity team can meet with you at your earliest convenience. Louisa can be contacted on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency care

My wife who has suffered from a heart condition for many years was referred to the A&E department by her GP recently with chest pain and breathing difficulties. She was seen by the triage nurse after only a few minutes and it was refreshing to find a professional that listened and understood her condition. My wife was soon seen by medical staff and then transferred to the AAU until being discharged some 36 hours later. We have nothing but praise for the care given throughout her stay and express our thanks to all concerned.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 30 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your wife's recent treatment at Hinchingbrooke - we will pass your kind comments onto the AAU and A&E teams. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

gary trusty gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

acute trauma and surgical unit

i was admitted on the 07 march 2015 to the acute trauma and surgical unit with septic arthritis of the left knee. i had a arthroscopic washout of the knee and 14 days hospital on iv antibiotics 4 times a day. i found all the staff very helpful especially the consultant who i found to 100% on top of their game. i would recommend this hospital to any one excellent place

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 05 May 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback about your treatment at Hinchingbrooke- we will pass your comments onto the ATSU team. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Staff were a ray of hope at a very sad time

On Sunday 1st March I was admitted to hospital as I was miscarrying at 11 weeks.

The triage nurse was amazing. They empathised with me and was positive but realistic with me. I was moved to a private room in A&E so I could have more privacy and be more comfortable. They were very upfront and explained options and possible progressions to me clearly - and answered my questions honestly.

At each stage the staff at Hinchingbrooke could not have been nicer or more helpful - even down to the hospital porter who wheeled me to daisy ward (it was a particularly busy time and the day ward had been opened for over night patients).

I was made aware that the hospital was stretched for staff and beds so although I was left for a while I knew that I was in good hands and that there was nothing that could be done in my situation except make me comfortable and ensure things were progressing as they should.

I was put on fluids and given a really lovely room, I am sure I wouldn't have had nicer facilities in a private hospital.

The follow up from the hospital was thorough too. I was was invited back for repeat bloods on 3rd March, and then a follow up scan the following week. I was so pleased for the hospitals non-interventionist attitude too.

It was an extremely sad and difficult time and our pain was eased by their understanding and good service.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 April 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 30 April 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and we are very pleased to hear that you received compassionate care at a very difficult time. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.

Patricia Lines gave Diagnostic Physiological Measurement at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Costa Restaurant

I personally don't find the installation of Costa into the restaurant a very good idea. Firstly, because Costa is expensive with it's drinks and food I am not always able to use the facilities whereas I always stopped for refreshments before. Am sure I am not the only one with this problem.

The second problem is the time taken to produce one's drinks. I realise that every drink is made independently and is supposed to be specialist, but when rushing for an appointment and needing a quick tea beforehand, this really isn't possible. Time taken to serve customers is too long for a hospital.

The third problem, which is actually rather important (probably vital) is that throughout the whole restaurant there is not one clock. Those people who are waiting for an appointment have no easy quick reference to the time. I had to keep fishing my phone out of my bag to find out the correct time.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 02 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of using Costa Coffee at Hinchingbrooke. It is much appreciated.

The layout of the old and new café in our Treeatment Centre are very similar, and particular attention has been paid to improving both the seating and ambiance whilst offering patients a wide range of choice when compared to the previous offer. We have passed your comments onto the Manager of Costa regarding the length of time taken to prepare orders and the possibility of installing a clock and this will be discussed with the team.