Hinchingbrooke Hospital

01480 416 416 Hinchingbrooke Park , Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6NT

gothic gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

very bad.

Very bad my partner got to A&e at 4.40am by ambulance.waited 45 mins to be booked in.
9.00am was waiting to be seen by a doctor.10.00 sent to eye clinic got out at 1.40pm went back to A&e was told he could go.he has has cone home still in pain wasn't offer scan on his head even tho that's where pain is along with his eye.he's been left untreated and in major pain .how could he be sent home like this in same state he was at 4.40am very bad care

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 17 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 18 May 2016

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net for further assistance.

Amy gave Gynaecology at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great care

I was at Hinchingbrooke for day surgery and was treated with respect and care every step of the way, by every member of staff I encountered. The staff genuinely seem happy in their work and able to care for patients despite undoubtedly being busy. Great facilities, very clean and every step of the process was explained in depth. Very thorough - I felt truly taken care of. Thank you!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 19 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback. We are very pleased to hear about your experience and will pass on your thanks to the team involved. Wishing you well in your recovery.

Patients wife gave Accident and emergency services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Totally dissatisfied.... questionable safety.

Husband arrives short of breath central chest tightness and obviously unwell. Advised of 2 hour wait told to take a seat. Surrounded by minor injury patients he is left in the waiting room for almost an hour prior to triage.
Triage by nurse speaking to him whilst facing computer screen Base line obs indicated urgent review so he was placed back into waiting room.
Over 2 hours waiting was taken through and given treatments.No explanation of investigations. Staff all but one staff nurse were miserable and lacked any real ability to interact on a patient level.
Moved in and around department without explanation. Until eventually being sent to xray to find they weren't expecting us. Radiographer heard having heated conversation with department about failures in communication which was somewhat off putting.
Patients in corridors with ambulance crews indicated significant offload issues yet department appeared to lack coordination and energy to resolve the issue.
No ECG carried out. Medical input limited and inexperienced. Poor staff morale is indicative of patient experience and other than porters who present professional appearance it was shocking to see professionals not compliant with dress code and basic uniform standards.
Such a shame. Could be a great little hospital though presently would definitely not recommend.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 20 May 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can discuss this with you in more detail.

Jeccles gave Maternity services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't have asked for better care

I had my first child here two and a half weeks ago. I was there long enough to have 3 staff changes during my pre labour and every single member of staff who saw me was incredible, so helpful and supportive. I also had a little complication after the birth and the care I recieved was amazing, they let my partner stay over night to help take care of our daughter as I couldn't get out of bed and found him a recliner to sleep in. I couldn't recommend this department enough. Well done hinchingbrooke labour ward and thank you.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 23 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 24 May 2016

Congratulations on the birth of your baby - thank you very much for the lovely feedback - we will pass on your thanks to the team and hope that you and your little one are doing well.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement surgery birch ward

My mother who is 86 has just been discharged from birch ward following hip replacement. The whole procedure was very good, well managed and the staff could not do enough for her. The only criticism that I have is not in any way related to the staff or,hospital. She was offered surgery at hinchingbrooke as an alternative to a long wait for addenbrookes. Therefore we were out of area. The staff on the ward were expected to deal with her discharge without being given any assistance and knowledge of what was available as my mother could not go directly home. I had made it my business to find out and assist but feel that they should not be put in this position. Liaison between areas seems to be non existent and her GP surgery were very unhelpful.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital has not yet replied.

David Tee gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Procedure Unit

Well, let me set by saying that I was a 'First Timer' in relation to any surgical operation. My procedure was relatively minor, ( Hernia OP ) and I was done and dusted within a few hours and did not need to stay in overnight.
The day of 'My OP' had finally arrived and I made my way to the procedure unit. I was feeling apprehensive but just incredibly pleased to be finally getting my hernia sorted out as it had been effecting my general quality of life.
Throughout the day I was under the care of the Consultant and their team. From my initial interaction with the receptionist to meeting nursing staff who showed me to my pod and explaining what was going to happen, and then having the anaesthetist and surgeon introduce themselves to me whilst again explaining everything to me I felt extremely at ease and ready to get the surgery completed.
Each and every one of the Consultant's team were curteous, professional and friendly throughout my stay. The Consultant introduced them self to me after the surgery was completed and when I was back in my Pod.
It has now been about 6 weeks since my operation and I received a telephone consultation with one of the surgeons who operated on me. Once again I can not emphasise enough how friendly and professional they were during my discussion with them and I didn't feel daft or stupid asking questions about concerns and issues that I had.
In conclusion, thanks to ' The team '. I hope I don't have to re visit any time soon, but If I do I know that I will be in good hands.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 27 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave such fantastic feedback. It's great to hear that your experience in our Procedure Unit was so positive and we will pass on your thanks to those involved in your care. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Mik Mussett reviewed Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Left my specs in the Compass Costa Coffee restaurant, only realised on arriving home, rang Hinchingbrooke Main Entrance reception, whom transferred me direct to Costa who advised me a pair of specs that matched mine had been handed in and they would post them on to me directly, and would not accept the £ 50 return reward I offered as it was against company policy.

Thank you sincerely for your honesty and generosity

Mike Mussett

I can see clearly now

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 March 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 April 2016

Great news! So glad you have been reunited with your glasses - we will pass on your thanks to the Costa Team.

Frances reviewed Orthopaedics at Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Hip dislocation again!

I have had an ongoing problem with hip dislocation for a number of years and am well aware that I require revision surgery of the replacement hip. The most recent incident was on Thursday last at 8.00am. The help I received from paramedics, ambulance crew and Hinchingbrook Hospital was second to none. They were absolutely marvellous. Kind, considerate and efficient in every way. I cannot thank them or praise them enough for their help. Particular thanks to the paramedics and ambulance crew who arrived at my home so quickly and dispatched me to the hospital having administered all necessary pain control. I arrived at A&E very quickly and was looked after superbly. Very many thanks to the whole team, nurses, doctors and particularly the orthopaedic staff and consultant who cared for me so well.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 April 2016

Thank you for your kind feedback - it's great to hear that your experience was so positive and we will of course pass on your thanks to the staff who looked after you. Sending you our best wishes and hoping that you are now feeling much better.

K.Robinson gave General Surgery at Hinchingbrooke Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very disappointed

My partner went into Hinchingbrooke for a thyroglossal cyst extraction operation- a day surgery where he stayed one night in the hospital. During the stay he was put in a bed right next to the door and was kept awake by the noise in the corridor at night, which he was about a metre away from. Not only this, but on visiting him (having not been to the hospital before), I was directed to the correct ward after going to main reception (this was the short stay/daisy ward), and when I approached the daisy reception desk and asked for directions to my partner, I was told that his name was "not on their lists", which I find absolutely outrageous. The receptionist told me we would "ask around the nurses" to find where he was.
My partner had been incredibly ill-informed about the procedure he was due to have- he had not been told how long his operation would last, how long it would take for him to recover, whether or not he'd be able to eat afterwards, and he was allowed to go home the next day without even knowing how many stitches had been put in his neck- we are still not entirely sure today (a week later).
Last but not least, the wound (supposedly stitched up) began weeping and bleeding a few days after he arrived home. This continued through the weekend and he had to go the his GP, where he was told that there was a hole in the wound (which hadn't been touched since he'd left the hospital, as they told him not to remove the dressing). The wound is currently still weeping and bleeding, and he will be returning to the GP tomorrow, holding the fear of infection.
We are both very unimpressed with the quality of care in Hinchingbrooke and will be sure to go to a different hospital if he needs to return.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 07 April 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and hope that your husband is feeling better soon. If you feel able to do so, please can you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net so that we can discuss this with you in more detail.

steve111 reviewed Hinchingbrooke Hospital

re. e referral appointment. thoracic medicine service. I have been put on a...

re. e referral appointment. thoracic medicine service. I have been put on a waiting list to be given an appointment to get on a waiting list.
I was told on the phone that appointments dept hope to be able to phone me up this year and arrange an appointment.
How many other people are on a waiting list to get on a waiting list at this hospital?

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 11 April 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Hinchingbrooke Hospital replied on 16 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you have experienced a delay with getting date for your appointment - we hope that this has now been resolved for you, but if not, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01480 428964, or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net. for further assistance.