Royal Stoke University Hospital

01782 715444 Newcastle Road , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG

Cleaner reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

Orthodontic clinic

Efficient service, pleasant friendly staff. Thank you

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 05 April 2016 using Patient Opinion

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 26 April 2016

Thank you for your comments on your care at University Hospitals of North Midlands.
Best wishes

Nick gave Urology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional and Caring Unit

I was referred with a possible cancer diagnosis, and was seen within 2 weeks. A very competent Nurse Specialist assessed me, explained the situation and arranged for an urgent MRI scan and biopsy. All of the appointments were efficiently arranged, either by mail or telephone, and there were no problems with missing documents or correspondence. I didn't have to wait unduly long in any of the clinics. The procedures and options were clearly explained to me, and I was given helpful written information to take away. The biopsy was taken by a very nice Doctor, who made a highly skilled and technical procedure look deceptively easy. The staff in the central Treatment Suite had an air of relaxed, friendly competence, which put me at ease. I very much value the contribution of all the Doctors, Nurses, Radiology staff, Clerical, Management, Security and all the employees, and not least the Taxpayers.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 07 April 2016

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 26 April 2016

Thank you for leaving feedback on your care at University Hospitals of North Midlands.
We are pleased that you encountered no issues with your care and that you were put at ease.

Patient Opinion Logo

Jo Funnell gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pacemaker fitting

I had a reveal implant fitted on March 22nd at Stoke, having been admitted to Leighton Hospital after a faint. On April 6th I had a phone call from the cardiology department, calling me in to have a pacemaker fitted the next day. The reveal device had done its work and showed sinus pauses. I can only say that at all times the staff I spoke to kept me informed about the procedure and what would happen during and after the fitting of the pacemaker. I had read up about pacemakers before arrival at the hospital and the Dr answered my questions fully. After the operation the nurses were kindness its self and one spent time with me talking about how to dress what to keep away from- such as my induction hob, I may have been lucky as it was fairly quiet due to the junior doctors being on strike, but I can only comment on my treatment on the day.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 12 April 2016

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 26 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback on University Hospitals of North Midlands.
We are pleased you were kept at ease and all questions were answered.

Keith gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Keith Heart Attack

My first stay ever in an hospital after suffering and heart attack.The Paramedics were brilliant, the hospital was brilliant. and the staff were exceptional caring, helpful thoughtful. I love you all, Thank you so much for everything you have done for me, and no doubt many others who come onto your ward.
I'm proud to live in Stoke on Trent with such a brilliant hospital.
Keith ward 220 room 3 then 21. April 2016 discharged April 17th.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 17 April 2016

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 26 April 2016

We are pleased your care was brilliant and that you have now recovered.

Amatuer bricklayer reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

I attended Royal Stoke A&E after tripping over and sustaining a facial wound. Despite the wall to wall publicity about going for care elsewhere and the 150 minute waiting time I felt worried enough to persist.
The receptionist was pleasant and the Triage nurse sympathetic and caring. I was sent to sit in "Minor Injury" area and was told the wait would not be long. I was glad there was a water dispenser as I'd rushed to A&E and was dehydrated. After an overall wait of 45 minutes I was ushered into a treatment room and cleaned up by a really caring nurse, who made sure to check for any non-apparent more serious injuries. After a large splinter of wood was removed, a very skilled doctor gave me a local anesthetic and further cleaned and stitched close the wound, all the time both nurse and doctor explained what they were about to do and why before proceeding, I felt calm and really safe. My injury, although "Minor" was treated professionally and I was made to feel I had done the right thing by attending. Thanks to all the employees at Royal Stoke,

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 20 April 2016 using Patient Opinion

Dear 'Amatuer bricklayer'
Thank your for leaving feedback on your care at University Hospitals of North Midlands.
We are pleased your injury was treated professionally and all staff involved gave there full care and attention.

Patient Opinion Logo

Barbara Jones gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my husband's heart problems

Over the past 4 weeks my husband has been admitted as an emergency 3 times due to heart problems. leading to a number of 'procedures' The care and attention received each time while in CCU and ward 220 have been second to none., We should be very proud of all the staff working there from consultants down to the smiling face with the tea trolley. Thanks to their skill and care he is still with us.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 02 May 2016

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

lotty287 reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

Server blood loss & miscarriage

I was taken into a&e in the evening with severe blood loss & was kept in until lunchtime 2 days later. The care I received from the a&e staff was brilliant. I was seen by a number of gynaecologists throughout my stay & all but one were really professional. I was moved a number of times & eventually scanned to check what was happening as I had been bleeding for several hours at that point. After the scan it was decided that I needed to have surgery to remove any tissue that was left & was not coming away naturally.
The gynaecologist that told me this never went through a consent form with me so it did hold the procedure up slightly. When the gynaecologist/surgeon who was performing the procedure came to see me they were quite unprofessional while asking me questions. They asked how I was going to prove to them that I was miscarrying! Why hadn't I got my maternity notes with me & they were surprised to me a woman who was going through this to be reacting the way I was. They expected to see more tears! At this point I was shocked & asked them how they wanted me to prove this to them, were my notes not enough, was the scan I'd had that day not enough? They wanted to see a picture of the first scan I'd had where it was found there was no heartbeat, which I didn't have one & was never offered one. It was a very traumatising time for myself & my husband, this person did not make it any easier. Even the nurse that was in the room looked shocked. I felt that they never looked at my notes properly, I didn't have my maternity file with me as it was on the top of my list of things to get as I was being wheeled from the house by the paramedics.
On a whole every other person that I dealt with were really nice & compassionate. Unfortunately I had a one person who should have been compassionate & wasn't.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 29 April 2016 using Patient Opinion

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 03 May 2016

Dear 'Lotty287'
I would like to thank you for acknowledging the times when you were treated well. However, we appreciate that this was not your experience in all instances.
Our sincere apologies. It is our expectation that all staff treat patients with dignity and respect at all times.
If you would like to share your experiences further I am happy for you to contact me via email anne.mellor@uhnm.nhs.uk or alternatively call 01782 672214.
Many Thanks
Anne MellorDeputy Head of Midwifery

stokie30 reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

I went to the Royal Stoke University Hospital of North Midlands Emergency Care..

I went to the Royal Stoke University Hospital of North Midlands Emergency Care Centre and when I was seen by a doctor they would not do anything for my really bad pain in my lower back cause I could not hardly bend or walk and I was crying 'cause I was in so much pain. They would not give me any tests to see what was causing the pain.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 02 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Mark gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mark Heart Attack

My first stay in your hospital after suffering an heart attack.The Paramedics were brilliant, the hospital was brilliant. and the staff were exceptional caring, helpful thoughtful. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 26 April 2016

We are pleased your care was brilliant and staff were exceptional.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you You saved my husbands life Great care all the way

Myself and my family are in debt to you all.
The care both medically and non medical was outstanding

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 26 March 2016

Dear 'Anonymous'
Thank you for your feedback on your experience at University Hospitals of North Midlands.
We are pleased that you and your family has outstanding care.