Royal Stoke University Hospital

01782 715444 Newcastle Road , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visited mri valley centre 7th Jan 2017. Excellent care

Excellent care from all the nurses who dealt with my acute anxiety with skill and compassion. Made the whole experience so much better and the music through headphones was a great help relaxing. Many thanks

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 09 January 2017

I am so pleased to read of your positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I will share your lovely feedback with the staff involved with your care.
Rebecca Smith, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience

John Dreja gave General Surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Stayed in this ward January 2017 - Mr John Dreja

I was taken to Ward 110 and stayed there for 3 nights. During my stay I was treated with the most decent respect. Every Doctor, Nurse and House Keeper was in my view doing an excellent job. Thank you to all of you who made my stay very comfortable.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent admission to our hospital. Feedback such as yours makes such a difference to our staff and I will share your kind words with the team on W110. I know they will be pleased to receive your comments.
Thank you again.
Rebecca Smith, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Neil Goward gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Angagram treatment & stents

Amazed how good this team is professionals from all over the world . I had three heart attacks five days after putting my farther in the ground , he died of heart problems and think if this was available ten years ago he would still be with us today . I was cared for exceptionally well by Leighton hospital ward1. I was sent over on Wednesday 4th of January 2017 very concerned for the future , amazed what could be done on the same day 1:10 mins after going into theatre I was fixed :) Dr showed me before and after ,and how bad blockages were I would like to thank all involved in my treatment on that day from me and my family. Outstanding thanks again

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 16 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience of our hospital. Your lovely words will make such a difference to our staff who continually work hard to provide excellent patient care.
I will share your feedback with the Cardiology Team who I know will be pleased to receive it.
I do hope you are continuing to recover well.

Bill S gave Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Late night treatment

Took my 16 year old in 11:00am Saturday night, immediate and positive support and treatment, staff in all areas polite, helpful and respect due to them for their work.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 15 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 16 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience of our hospital. Feedback such as your makes such a difference to our staff. I will share your lovely comment with the team.
With best wishes,

Anonymous gave Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 222

Amazed at the individual care provided. The staff had time to talk and explain procedures. They answered all my questions, and were very friendly and supportive. At no time did I feel isolated or left in a queue. I find it difficult to understand how my experiences fits in with negative media reports..

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 15 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 17 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience of the care you received on Ward 222. I will share your lovely words with the Matron and Ward Manager who will ensure your praise is shared with the ward staff.
Feedback such as yours really does make such a difference to the staff in our hospital who work so hard to ensure our patients and visitors receive excellent care.
Rebecca Smith, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Kenneth Booth gave General Surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Survey for the last time i came to the Royal Stoke Hospital

I was very please with service i got from the staff at the Royal Stoke Hospital everyone really looked after me thank you very much Kenneth Booth.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 20 January 2017

Dear Mr Booth,

It makes a big difference to our staff morale when we receive feedback such as yours- thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience of our hospital.

With kind regards
Rebecca Smith, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

N. Freeman gave Neurosurgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My experience of 228

After reading previous reviews, I felt I needed to share my experience of ward 228. My mum was to have elective surgery in September, just weeks after seeing the Consultant the appointment came through. Admittedly, the op was prosponed once, however, this is a major trauma unit , therefore someone's need of a surgeon was greater on that day, understandable. When the op did go ahead there were complications out of the surgeons control and it was abandoned an hour or so in. After a week with the fantastic team in critical care she went back to 228. What the team do on this ward is truly amazing , constant scans, tests, monitoring and regular visits from doctors and nurses. When they were confident all was well, the op went ahead again without any problems. The post op care has been faultless, due to the nature of the op there have been a few issues since and on every occasion of ringing 228 for the nurses advice they have been helpful and reassuring , always taking the time to help. Even when being admitted onto the ward in the middle of the night from A&E the doctors were there in minutes, scans done and treated within hours. The Consultant is remarkable in what they do, clearly passionate about their work, with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. They are always patient and approachable, taking the time to explain things clearly and answer your questions. In all, every single staff member we have dealt with on 228 ( and that's a lot of them !) have been fantastic, Consultants, doctors, nurses, the secretary ,cleaners and the tea person , each one kind and good at what they do. These people are under constant pressure and yet I cannot fault the level of care that has been and continues to be provided by ward 228 - Thank you to all

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 20 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience of Ward 228. I do hope Mum is continuing to recover well from her time in hospital. Feedback such as yours really does make such a difference to staff morale and I will share your lovely words with the team on Ward 228. I know they will very much appreciate reading them.
Thank you again.
With best wishes,
Rebecca Smith, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

visit 13/01/2017

My mother had to be admitted Friday, 13/01/2017 to A and E. She has been on Ward 76b for one week now, and I am more than happy in the way she has been treated, and dealt with, as a patient. She has been treated for Gastroenteritis. Considering all the bad press, media attention, lack of funding, etc., you (the NHS in North Staffordshire) have provided appropriate, professional attention/care towards my mother and myself. All the staff I have had contact with have been great. I know you are only doing your jobs, thank you all so much!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

absolutley disgusted with the care- rude staff

I am shocked the way my sister got treated she gave birth on Christmas eve and the staff were so rude as everything was closed and she had no milk for the baby they refused to give any there was blood all over the sheets and asked them to change it many times and they did nothing about it till 2 days after I am shocked how women get treated in this place. the staff are so rude if you ask them a simple question like getting water they reply saying can you not get it yourself how can you physically get up with having so many stitches they do not care at all!!!!!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 17 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 19 January 2017

I am so very sorry to read of your Sister's experience of our Maternity care. I have sent your comment to the Maternity Senior Management Team for their awareness.
As a Trust, we work hard to ensure our patients consistently receive good quality care. As such, we would welcome the opportunity to further investigate the issues you have raised. I would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01782 676450 or via email to patientadvice.uhnm@nhs.net to provide further information.
Rebecca Smith, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

topsey gave Geriatric Medicine at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care

My friend is at the moment in Ward 76B. She is receiving excellent care and attention. She had a problem with eating the food on arrival, but within a few hours they had given her the option of the 'soft choice' menu. This has proven invaluable, she is now eating regular meals, they are varied and well constructed, not slushy. The nurses work so hard, they attend to her every need with a kind and helpful grace. She is clean, warm and comfortable. What more could one ask for. 5* treatment.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 07 January 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 09 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your friends care on ward 76B. I will share your lovely words with the staff on the ward. Feedback like yours really does make a difference to staff morale.
I do hope your friend is progressing well and makes a good recovery.