Royal Stoke University Hospital

01782 715444 Newcastle Road , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG

Anonymous reviewed General Surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital

very unhappy

Currently a patient in this hospital. Been here since Christmas night. Every day I've been promised surgery, Every day it's been cancelled. It's now New year's day and I'm still here waiting. First blood tests went missing, then a scan wasn't booked. The nurses don't seem to know what's going on because the doctors don't tell them anything! Really not the way to treat patients!

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 01 January 2016

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 05 January 2016

Dear 'Anonymous'
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience of University Hospitals of North Midlands.
If you would like to contact our PALS Team (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) so that they can investigate the issues that you have raised further. The PALS Team can be contacted on 01782 676450 or 01782 676455 or by emailing patient.advice@uhns.nhs.uk.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appointment in Cardiology today - 11 January 2016

I took my Mum for her appointment, we got parked straight away in the multi-storey car park, which is just a short walk from the main building. This is the first time I have been to the main building, so we asked the very nice member of staff reception where we needed to go. They politely informed us of the touch screen check-in system, which again was easy and quick to follow. This then directed us to the place where we needed to go. Mum's appointment was at 11.15, we literally went to the desk, sat down for one minute and were called through.
The Cardiac Physiologist who conducted the ultrasound was amazing, really professional, approachable and informed Mum at each stage what was happening and what the aim of the appointment was. Mum was very happy and we went on our way and were back to the car in less than an hour. I would like to pass on my thanks to whoever is appropriate.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016

Mumu reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

An appiontment at the Endoscopy Department University Hospital Stoke

An investigation requiring a camera into the oesophagus.
I have to all say the staff were so caring and helpful, they put me at ease and could not do enough for me.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 January 2016 using Patient Opinion

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 21 January 2016

Dear 'Mumu'
Thank you for leaving feedback on your experience at University Hospitals of North Midlands.
The Endoscopy Department will be more than pleased with your comments and I will make sure this is passed onto the team.

Patient Opinion Logo

Hazel Bailey gave Orthopaedics at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care & attention

We visited the x-ray department this morning as my mother has an appointment for an ultra sound guided injection. We were met at the door, extremely friendly, respectful and helpful doctor and nurses. they could not do enough to make my mother feel at ease, explained everything gently and professionally. Thanks to them for doing a first class job!!

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Phill Sawyer gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The NHS at it's very best

I find it difficult to find words to describe just how impressed I and my family are, with the care and treatment of our mother.
She has been admitted twice and the second time received a heart valve replacement. She lives in Hereford and the family live a long way from Stoke making it difficult to visit.
All the nursing and care staff went out of their way to keep mum comfortable and reassured at all times. They all made a huge effort to reduce the impact for an old lady being alone a long way from home.
I must make particular mention of the doctor in charge of her case. I regret I am not allowed to name this doctor, but they are worthy of the greatest praise. The doctor personally kept us informed on a very regular basis and several times called me at home as late as 8.30pm to update me on Mum's progress. This in my opinion is far beyond the job description of even a junior doctor, let alone a senior one.
I very much hope that this review is passed on to the doctor personally, as the doctor needs to know just how much we appreciate what they have done for us.
Thanks again to all those who looked after our mother so very well.

Austin Pearson gave Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident and Emergency

My wife was admitted to A&E on Sunday Jan 10th as a result of a road accident -- I would like to compliment all staff concerned with her welfare for their speedy , friendly, highly professional care and concern. Well done to all.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

By-pass operation , thank you for saving my life

thank you , thank you , for helping me recover from my triple by-pass operation ( age 40) , and a special thank you to the sister nurse and Surgeon who saved my life.

And thank you to all the patients who help supported me before an after my operation.
I dont believe in Angels but I met many in ward 223 and in this hospital.

Thank you to the catering staff and cleaning staff who stopped to talk and make me laugh everyday .

And final i would like to say to one gentleman who visits this ward often ( a former patient)
thank you for coming around and being a friend

phenomenal surgeon and nurses - will never forget you - ever

God bless you

R

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 21 January 2016

Mrs Jane Coleman gave Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class service

I took my mother there to have her Ultrasound. She was very nervous but thanks to the staff her mind was put at rest
Thanks to the helpful car park attendant for giving us clear directions. Very polite staff at x ray reception and the locum who did the scan, absolute professional who explained everything
Kudos to this Hospital and many many thanks to you all

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 31 January 2016

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal cancer services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Currently in hospital

My mum is in a surgical ward won't specify as the nurses are great but I want to know why doctors need a training day and therefore my mum has not been seen by any doctor today.... this is totally unacceptable. As a consequence surely she will be in longer and take up a bed that is desperately needed. This is not the way to run a hospital.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 02 February 2016

TJ gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Could not have received better treatment had I gone private

Transferred to Royal Stoke for triple heart bypass surgery. Operation on the Monday and back home by Friday. I cannot fault the care, attitude and immense skill of the surgery team in Cardiology and feel extremely lucky to have experienced the NHS at its best. Of course my experience is narrow and is probably not reflected across the hospital as a whole but if you you or a loved one have Royal Stoke as a option then be reassured you will get the best.
Tony Joynson