Royal Stoke University Hospital

Telephone: 01782 715444
Address: Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG
Website: http://www.uhnm.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Surgery - Vascular at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Sort out your maps!

After taking my Mum to the surgical assessment unit can I ask that the maps provided, or at least those on site are updated to reflect the ongoing work being undertaken on site.
My poor Mum struggled to walk from the N car park until we resorted to a porters wheelchair (no porters around so I had to take advantage of a friendly passerby to push my son in his pushchair whilst I pushed Mum to the surgery unit. No maps noted the ongoing work which resulted in a long walk. We should've taken advantage of the drop off parking spaces (maximum parking time 20 mins) which everyone else had taken advantage of for well over an hour rather than make my ill mum struggle!!!!!!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Patient reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

Having an MRI Scan

Telephone call informing me of my appointment. I arrived at the Department five minutes early to find three other people waiting and no receptionist. When the receptionist turned up, they had to log on the computer before booking us in. the Receptionist also called me by a pet name which I found patronizing. The staff carrying out the scan were two young women and, when I went into get on the bed, they struggled to push in the earplugs which I found unacceptable but was not given an option, headphones which were tangled at the end of the bed and involved me in having to raise my legs before having them plonked on my head. during the scan, I was asked several times if was alright because i was moving too much. However, I was unaware that i was moving so found this confusing. At the end of the scan, I was not informed that it was over and found myself totally confused when shunted out of the scanner and off the bed. My previous MRI scans in 1999 were professionally carried out by skilled staff. It is a pity I can't say the same this time.. Having to put Don't Know for the Department as it is not listed in the drop down list.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Gillian James gave Plastic surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient appointment

Seen today by a Plastic Surgeon, seen before app time, listened, explained everything clearly, gave me time to express my concerns, charming, caring.Would definitely recommend , a great service from an excellent hospital.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 20 November 2014

Anonymous reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

Parking or rather not parking

What I liked

Visit the hospital UHNS by car and enjoy numerous trips in and out of car parks trying to find a spot and when you do, you may well be too late for your appointment or out of normal visiting times

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 25 November 2014

Paul gave Ophthalmology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract surgery

I came for a pre-op assessment on Tuesday for cataract surgery and was given a date in February 2015 for the operation which I thought was a reasonable time frame but I mentioned to the person booking the date that I could be available anytime if there was a cancellation.Went home and was called 4 hours later to see if I could attend the next morning for the operation as there had been a cancellation. I attended and was operated on. Everything went well and 2 days later I am typing this without needing glasses and my vision is much improved. Fantastic service from everyone concerned from the pre-op assessment team, the person who rung to ask if I could attend, all on Ward 105 and to my surgeon and his team. Many thanks.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 28 November 2014

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Claire gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very caring staff.

My nephew was air lifted to this hospital and the team here were exceptional. From the surgical team, right through to the cleaning staff. All smiled and were empathic and caring.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 28 November 2014

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

des ball gave Plastic surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

cts department

November visit. to central treatment. For a 15 minute opp arrived before time waited 2 hours then was asked to hang on another 45 mins got 2 children at home stressed out. And angry at waiting went home, Came back. Dec 5th first appointment 8.15 waited 1 hour 15 mins in. My gown in a corridor for the opp. It's a shambles still. Went into surgery. Absolutely first class cleanliness conversation treatment. Felt like a celeb.What a shame the people on the front line get the brunt of our anger. Please get it sorted I'm proud to be Skokie.
D ball

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 11 December 2014

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Parking nightmare

Why oh why have they not made more of the car parks multi storied. Tried for 20 mins to get on a car park and then husband drove out of the hospital to park on a street. this is not the first time this has happened. Can't help but wonder if most of the missed appointments are due to not being able to park.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Fiona T gave Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

fantastic orthodontic treatment

I am delighted with the orthodontic treatment I am receiving at UHNS. My orthodontic problems are complex but the consultant has a great can-do attitude and is achieving excellent results. The consultant's interpersonal skills, handling skills and treatment planning are excellent. Thank you for your help so far

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 September 2014

Anonymous reviewed Royal Stoke University Hospital

failure to answer telephones in response to emergency call

I am a Consultant in London and have tried for 40 minutes to get anyone in the PACS office to give a code for decryption of a scan disc. Apart from the fact the D of H has been unable to give a single example of this practice having given any benefit in the past ten years, and the fact there has NEVER been an example of unencrypted discs from private hospitals falling into the wrong hands (FOI Request 2013) I spoke to someone who didn't identify themselves in the main Xray department who told me there is no way of contacting the department if they don't answer the phone, no arrangements for the PACS team to be contacted if they don't pick up the phone no contact number for complaints, they didn't know who the chief executive was and couldn't do anything

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014