Royal Stoke University Hospital

Telephone: 01782 715444
Address: Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG
Website: http://www.uhnm.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Neurology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Great Ward Staff, shame about the rest.

Having been admitted via A&E - after 7 hours- I was very happy about the way staff on the ward treated me. However hard the tried they could not provide any meals for me, one that was provided had items in it to which I was allergic, and the staff knew about it. So for the past three days all I had to eat was a potion of cheese & biscuits, and three pieces of cake. Although my medical problem is still not resolved, I came home so that I could get a hot meal. I would not agree the being admitted to this hospital ever again, no matter what was wrong with me.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 02 January 2015

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

none smoking and parking

maybe I should have titled it none parking and smoking the parking facilities are a nightmare not only does it take an absolute age to park, I fully expect one day to see a fight in the car park I saw people getting quite aggressive whilst looking for a space to park in time to make there appointment and then when you have finally parked you are expected to pay extortionate parking fee's as if we come there for our own entertainment. then as if that wasn't enough after parking you have to walk through clouds of cigarette smoke off people being allowed to smoke freely under the No Smoking signs while the smoking shelter stands empty. in conclusion the Hospital and its nursing staff I find exceptional but the parking and security or lack of I find an absolute disgrace.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 08 January 2015

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Generally good experiences of A&E and CDU

I've been to this A&E 4 times, the last 2 times I've seen two different lovely consultants who definitely made things less distressing. I've never had to wait too long even when very busy. Generally staff are kind and considerate with a few exceptions. It is definitely a good A&E department though!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 12 January 2015

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

the phone system is ridiculous now one answers the phones or is does not tell you you are in a Que when trying to track down a loved one it is very frustrating also when you get through to reception they redirect you to the wrong place where the staff can barley speak english and dont have a clue what you are on about

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 16 January 2015

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

David Pennell gave Urology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CTS lived up my high expectation

On 19th December 2014 I indicated that I would need to visit CTS in January 2015 (today). I was seen promptly by a very friendly, courteous and professional member of the medical staff who ensured that I was fully aware of the procedure to be undertaken before escorting me to the Consultant. When in the day theatre I was acquainted with the potential aftermath of the "operation" by "the patient orientated" staff and I am left with the feeling of having been in the hands of caring professionals.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 22 January 2015

not impressed gave Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

visiting

I visited my uncle on ward 221 today after being taken in with a kidney infection. The lady at reception was helpful enough in showing me where to find him but once I had entered his room it was obvious he was in some discomfort and needing to go the toilet. My uncle is an 83 year old very proud and independent man and informed me that staff had told him as they were giving out dinners he would have to wait but not to worry if he did go as there was a sheet underneath him! So much for dignity and respect! An hour and a quarter later he eventually got help. I had to sit and listen to a staff member telling patients how marvellous they were under the circumstances and how understaffed they were with 3/4 members of staff sitting at the nurses station the whole time I was there. When asked if someone could help they looked at me like I'd gone slightly mad and told me to wait. I know there are staffing issues but making an 83 year old gent wait that long is not acceptable and the attitudes of some staff very unprofessional!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 23 January 2015

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

absolute shambles

My father was told he had to have surgery urgently for a 3 to 4 inch abdominal aorta aneurism way back in November. He prepared himself for surgery for 23rd December, only to have it cancelled date changed to 29th Dec, this was then cancelled for Jan 7th - cancelled the night before. He was then given a date of 20th Jan only to have it again cancelled the night before - he has now been given a date of 3rd February! Excuses and more excuses. Absolutely disgraceful!

If the only reply is another fawning apology don't bother.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 20 January 2015

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First baby

I was very nervous as this was my first baby but it all went smoothly and every single one of the midwives that treated me throughout the 19 hours I was in labour for, were fab!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 13 January 2015

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I visited the acident and emergency department on the 3rd december. I am...

I visited the acident and emergency department on the 3rd december. I am disgusted with the attitude of the receptionist. I will be processing a full complaint about this vile person Nasty. Really lets the hospital down.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014

Royal Stoke University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Vascular at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

At the second attempt for my husbands operation today on ward 105 we arrived at

At the second attempt for my husbands operation today on ward 105 we arrived at 7am as requested this meant us getting up at 5 am leaving the house at 6.45 and a drive of one hour, again I had to leave my husband and drive back home as there are no facilities for you to stay. After 7 hrs of wating my husband is told yet again his operation is cancelled, this only came to light when my husband asked for a drink of water, which is beyond belief, the very poor care of a patient who has to wait on his own with no communication what so ever from staff is not acceptable, and should be addressed by the powers that be, I am not a young person by any means and 4 plus hours of driving x 2 is not taken lightly.
Should my husbands condition worsen because of two cancellations over the last two months which I am sure it will, I will make my voice heard in the highest quarter. It's about time that a hospital with all the facilities of Stoke got it right . If it's cancelled once it should not be cancelled again, cancellations should get priority at the second attempt, excepting emergencies.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 15 December 2014