University Hospital Lewisham

Telephone: 020 8333 3000
Address: Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6LH
Website: http://www.lewishamandgreenwich.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

No continuity of care, mixed and confusing diagnoses.

I asked to be referred here as my GP has no expertise is thyroid medicine, however I really wish I hadn’t bothered. I have been seen three times with a different doctor each time, different advice and diagnosis each time. Refusal to get on with full blood tests, including T3 and antibodies which should be the basics.
Forth appointment was via telephone, person did not identify themselves, was rude and unpleasant and just said they didn’t have time to discuss results so I was again left feeling confused and disappointed. Complaint submitted to PALS and seeking a referral to a different clinic.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 08 July 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

JL SE26 gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

the best hospital experience of my life

I visited Lewisham Hospital A&E department in July 2015 after accidentally stabbing myself in the hand. Based on prior visits to other A&E departments I was expecting a 3-5 hour wait and prepared myself with a book, a pillow and some food and drink for the trip. However after I got to the hospital I was promptly checked in and quickly seen. Within about 20 minutes from arriving my hand had been assessed and treated straight away. In my opinion the facilities were clean and I was really impressed with the speed and quality of treatment I received. This visit significantly improved my opinion on the quality of NHS care and I fully recommend this hospital.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 27 July 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

A&E at 2.30am on a Saturday night.

I took a friend to A&E at 2.30am on a Saturday night (25/07/2015), admittedly we were a little it drunk but the place was amazing. The member of staff at reception was lovely, we were just getting settled for a long wait on the red chairs and a doctor appeared. Waiting 5 minutes for an x-ray and 5 minutes for bandaging up. All the staff were lovely, professional but friendly and we were in and out in about 30 minutes, we waited longer for the taxi to get home.

It may have been an unusually quiet Saturday night for them but the service for us was fantastic.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 29 July 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Gary gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Avoid going to Lewisham Hospital

I had the most appalling experience at Lewisham hospital, the evening after abdominal surgery at the Princess Royal, I had to attend A&E with problems passing urine, to be fair the nurses and doctors in A&E were pretty good however afterwards I was transferred to RATU where the most rude, ubrupt, uncaring staff exist, I was offered no pain relief despite being less than 24 hours from abdominal surgery even though I asked for it, I was left pretty much unattended they swabbed me for MRSA then when the results were clear pretty much booted me out insisting I dress myself and walk to the car park on my own saying abruptly you can dress yourself and walk yourself in the most uncaring manner, I could barely stand having had surgery the previous morning also the anaesthesia had left me feeling very confused and vulnerable I just wanted a little help I can assure anyone it was not forthcoming at Lewisham RATU unit, my wife heard me asking for help to the exit as I was on the phone asking her to pick me up which they denied until she challenged them on the issue, I'm a pretty robust individual but this lot reduced me to tears, go to Kings college instead.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 04 June 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 2 stars

Knee issue

I went in to get my knee checked after I suspected I'd injured it exercising. This has happened before so I know how it feels when it's injured. I waited an hour to be told that it was too soon to tell if I'd done any real damage. There was a 30 second examination and I was told to rince it and wait 7 to 10 days before calling my GP for an appt, because even if there was something wrong only my GP could help.
Complete waste of time and left feeling like I'd been scolded.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Aarthi .V gave Maternity services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Maternity Unit

I had my baby gal on June 2nd 2015 in the Labour Ward.The staff at the reception were so courteous and helped me get to the ward.The midwife and student midwife were so polite and friendly... gave me an exceptional care and support during my delivery.The postnatal care was good too.Am so glad to have had my baby in Lewisham Hospital.An absolute thumps up for the Fantastic Maternity Unit.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 02 August 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Ariel gave Musculo-skeletal services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Radiology and suite 3 departments are horrendous.

I have been messed around and lied too by this hospital. The staff are rude and uncaring. The different doctors have given me 3 different opinions. I had no after care when my cast was taken off. Literally nothing. No excerise plan or care information. The waiting times for any tests are laughable. Please so not go to this hospital go elsewhere. It will save you the stress of pushing to get the simplest things done.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 13 July 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Awful endoscopy

Terrible experience having a upper GI endoscopy. Dirty hospital, rude staff, wouldn't sedate me. I panicked at very start of prodedure and was treated like a naughty child and after a bit more patronising from the doctor, I was dismissed with 'you shouldn't need one at your age anyway'.
Awful, unfeeling, uncaring staff. Never again.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Neurology outPatient gave Neurology at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Neurology superstar

The waiting time for neurology referalls outstripped other local hospitals by a long chalk.
Staff at the outpatients department were efficient and thorough.

The neurologist that I was referred to conducted a thorough, friendly, re-assuring consultation.

I have nothing but good words to say about the doctor's approach to the consultation. They explained the procedures that would be undertaken to help eliminate or to support various diagnoses, and they addressed my concerns and anxieties about possible outcomes, explaining things well for myself and my wife.

The consultant had a wonderfully empathic demeanour and obviously cares about the patients in their care.

My compliments to Lewisham for providing such a well-run service.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 31 May 2015

Mari gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Thier roud and careless

I had some emergency test for cervical cancer but it is one month after all that tests I have not got my result yet. Evrey time when I phoned them they haven't been helpful either,they just pass my phone to each other and I am really helpless,they don't care about their patients.their just awful!!! I am depressed and worried just crying every night ,

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 11 June 2015