University Hospital Lewisham

Telephone: 020 8333 3000
Address: Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6LH
Website: http://www.lewishamandgreenwich.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Awful endoscopy

Terrible experience having a upper GI endoscopy. Dirty hospital, rude staff, wouldn't sedate me. I panicked at very start of prodedure and was treated like a naughty child and after a bit more patronising from the doctor, I was dismissed with 'you shouldn't need one at your age anyway'.
Awful, unfeeling, uncaring staff. Never again.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Gary gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Avoid going to Lewisham Hospital

I had the most appalling experience at Lewisham hospital, the evening after abdominal surgery at the Princess Royal, I had to attend A&E with problems passing urine, to be fair the nurses and doctors in A&E were pretty good however afterwards I was transferred to RATU where the most rude, ubrupt, uncaring staff exist, I was offered no pain relief despite being less than 24 hours from abdominal surgery even though I asked for it, I was left pretty much unattended they swabbed me for MRSA then when the results were clear pretty much booted me out insisting I dress myself and walk to the car park on my own saying abruptly you can dress yourself and walk yourself in the most uncaring manner, I could barely stand having had surgery the previous morning also the anaesthesia had left me feeling very confused and vulnerable I just wanted a little help I can assure anyone it was not forthcoming at Lewisham RATU unit, my wife heard me asking for help to the exit as I was on the phone asking her to pick me up which they denied until she challenged them on the issue, I'm a pretty robust individual but this lot reduced me to tears, go to Kings college instead.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 04 June 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 2 stars

Knee issue

I went in to get my knee checked after I suspected I'd injured it exercising. This has happened before so I know how it feels when it's injured. I waited an hour to be told that it was too soon to tell if I'd done any real damage. There was a 30 second examination and I was told to rince it and wait 7 to 10 days before calling my GP for an appt, because even if there was something wrong only my GP could help.
Complete waste of time and left feeling like I'd been scolded.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Neurology outPatient gave Neurology at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Neurology superstar

The waiting time for neurology referalls outstripped other local hospitals by a long chalk.
Staff at the outpatients department were efficient and thorough.

The neurologist that I was referred to conducted a thorough, friendly, re-assuring consultation.

I have nothing but good words to say about the doctor's approach to the consultation. They explained the procedures that would be undertaken to help eliminate or to support various diagnoses, and they addressed my concerns and anxieties about possible outcomes, explaining things well for myself and my wife.

The consultant had a wonderfully empathic demeanour and obviously cares about the patients in their care.

My compliments to Lewisham for providing such a well-run service.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 31 May 2015

Mari gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Thier roud and careless

I had some emergency test for cervical cancer but it is one month after all that tests I have not got my result yet. Evrey time when I phoned them they haven't been helpful either,they just pass my phone to each other and I am really helpless,they don't care about their patients.their just awful!!! I am depressed and worried just crying every night ,

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 11 June 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Sean gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Lewisham hospital yet again cancels my appointment

So I have been waiting 5 months to see a specialist about my thyroid and the appointment was originally meant to be on the 2nd April but then they postponed it a month and a half so it was meant to be this Thursday and hey ho I get a phone call today to say it has been cancelled again all because the specialist wanted to take some leave which is the same lame excuse they game me last time.

I have visited this hospital loads of times and it is one of the worst hospitals for waiting times, ignorant nurses and doctors, communication & care. I actually cannot think of any good points about this hospital.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Excellent emergency gynaecology care

Dear doctor,

I’m writing to thank you for being so kind and caring towards me during my emergency attendance last Sunday morning.

You accepted me as a direct referral when I experienced unexplained bleeding. I was very nervous about my problem but I felt you addressed all my concerns fully and your advice was very comprehensive. Thank you for drawing a diagram and reflecting on your experience to explain the treatment I would require. I am grateful for the time you spent answering my questions fully. Thank you for putting me at ease during an examination which I would have otherwise found very uncomfortable. Thank you also for organising my outpatient follow-up appointment so efficiently.

I think you’re a lovely doctor and very good at your job. Thank you again.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 19 May 2015

Strongly recommended

I went to the emergency services in the middle of the night. I was attended by a nurse in less than ten minutes. They gave me paracetamol. Then I saw a doctor and gave me antibiotics.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Pneumonia

The worse hospital I have been into for sometime, it was a mistake to keep this hospital open. Hospital was dirty, staff did not care, treated patients with no respect was told by the doctor on Oak ward that they were looking after the entire hospital so was not expected to know name of patients or their conditions and that the doctor never usually spoke to relatives on a weekend so should be appreciative. If you are ill avoid this hospital like the plague. Their were only two nurses that cared on the ward and a lovely dinner person that took the time to fill in your chart if you did not so that you got something to eat the rest were awful. None of the nurses responded to the patient buzzer or if the poor patient resorted to shouting they were ignored. None of the nurses or Dr's smiled or encouraged the patients to communicate they were happy to leave them in their beds all day long or those that were able were left to wonder around to bother other patients knocking over their belonging or moving them.
If they promise you aftercare don't believe it. Discharged and they forgot to organise care they promised now its my responsibility to get my owe care sorted. Avoid this hospital if you can more likely to get worse than better. The level of staff care in this hospital was awful. Nursing use to be a vocational now its all about how much money I can get for doing next to nothing at all. Some of the nurses personal hygiene left a lot to be desired also not like it use to be taking pride in the way they looked, their uniform and the hospital they work in.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Anonymous gave Cardiology at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Very Quick and Friendly Service

I went to Lewisham hospital for 2 test ordered by my GP (X-Ray/Cardiology) and I have to say I was impressed with the speed. I was in and out of the hospital in less than 45min and I did not have to wait more than 5mins for either test. I was expecting it to take much longer than that.

The staff was also very friendly and knew what they were doing and did it very efficiently.

There are some building works going on but way finding was still easy.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

University Hospital Lewisham replied on 26 May 2015

Thank you for your kind comments about our cardiology and X-ray departments, we aim to give all of our patient a good service. I will forward your comments on to both the Cardiology and X-Ray departments.

Kind Regards,