Telephone: 020 8333 3000
Address: Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6LH
Website: http://www.lewishamandgreenwich.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Urgent care dept dr amazing

The dr my wife saw is a real credit to the nhs he's dealt with my wife's pain and was so so great with her this man needs a medal

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 23 July 2014

University Hospital Lewisham replied on 24 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. The Urgent Care Centre always strives to provide the best possible care for our patients and I am always very pleased to hear when we have been successful. I have shared your positive comments with the team.

Ann-Marie Coiley
Senior Matron for Emergency Department

Anonymous reviewed Maternity service at University Hospital Lewisham

very supportive staff around possible fatal anomalies

I was given a very high risk factor of Downs syndrome in my pregnancy at 15 weeks after a blood test. I was called on my mobile within three days of the test to inform me, and was able to see a very positive, open, supportive team within two days after that. Both the specialist midwife and the consultant were excellent, which, under very stressful circumstances, was great for us.

Once the final amniocentesis result was through (all clear, thankfully) the midwife phoned me the next day, relieving me of several gut-twisting days of anxiety. I believe she even called me on her own mobile phone.

I was really impressed by how they delivered difficult and complex information, laid out choices well, were sympathetic and encouraging and upbeat, and responded promptly.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 21 July 2014

University Hospital Lewisham replied on 24 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I am so pleased to hear that all is well with your pregnancy. As you say this is such a stressful time and having excellent timely communication is what we strive to achieve. It is our aim to provide all women with a high standard of care when choosing to birth at Lewisham and Greenwich Trust and I am so pleased that this was your experience.

Helen Knower
Head of Midwifery

Stella gave University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 1 stars

Care provided by Womens Health

I am now 33 weeks pregnant and i am classified a high risk pregnancy for this reason i am meant to see the obstetrician on a regular basis. I last saw the obstetrician on the 12th of June and a follow-up appt booked on a the 17th of July. I got to the hospital on the 17th of July only to be told that my appointment was cancelled after that i noticed that a text was sent to me at 11.24 informing me about my cancelled appt at 11.30! obviously i was already at the hospital!

I have today got a letter from the blue saying i have an appt with the obstetrician on the 14th of Aug, which means there is a gap of 9weeks before i see the obstetrician (so much for a high risk pregnancy!) Furthermore, the appt is after the date that i should be having an operation to take out my stitch, which no body has actually talked to me about.

Its my first pregnancy and my experience with Lewisham has been terribly awful.... this hospital is a good example of a very bad NHS service! where staff don't really care about the people they are dealing with!

I still at a loss as to what to do! i will have to go down there to get someone that would actually look and care for me!

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 14 July 2014

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Upper Endoscopy

I was put on fast track for a gastroscopy by my GP because of a family history of stomach or oesophigal cancer. The reception was friendly, area clean, waiting time only two minutes, the doctor kind and understanding of my anxieties (my brother has just been diagnosed with advanced gastric cancer), they listened and agreed to my request for a sedative and in the recovery room afterwards I had the best rest of my last three weeks. I was helped by nurses back to my partner in the waiting room. I feel very lucky to be British, to have an NHS and to be near Lewisham hospital where the care seems to me to be swift, efficient, kindly and I don't see how it can be beaten even if I could afford private healthcare.

Jane

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 07 July 2014

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

My 1 year old daughter was seen at Childrens Emergency Department. We were triaged immediately after booking in. We then had a very reasonable 1 hour wait to see a very polite and helpful doctor. The nurse in the triage/waitng room was pleasent and communicated well, kept me informed and gave verbal support. An excellent service in my opinion and I would strongly recommend Lewisham Hospital to anyone needing medical attention.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 06 July 2014

Helen gave University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Very happy with the way I was treated

I attended for a Gastrografin Enema on Friday 27 June. Basically in lay terms this means that internal pictures are taken by inserting something up your back passage so not something to look forward too. However the doctors and support staff were great and do their best to make you feel relaxed and preserve your dignity at all times. Friendly,knowledgeable and highly professional - I was in very good hands and was very happy with my treatment.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 28 June 2014

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Paul gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Flexible Sigmoidoscopy

Attended for a flexible sigmoidoscopy. As I have previously had a colonoscopy without anaesthetic I was not too worried. The procedure was explained in a letter prior to attending and I was given an enema to administer to myself an hour before setting out to the hospital (easy & no problems). I was seen by a nurse and student nurse who went through all the usual checks; they were thorough, friendly and professional. A doctor then came to ensure I knew what was happening and for me to sign the consent form. Unfortunately my procedure was done two hours late but the doctor doing it and the three nurses in the suite were all helpful, informative and friendly and kept me informed of what they were doing. I was fully covered the whole time and my dignity, I felt, was preserved, even with this rather undignified procedure. It didn't hurt and was just a little uncomfortable at times, but nurses regularly asked if I was OK. Because of their professionalism I felt neither embarrassed nor concerned and my resting pulse of about 65 barely rose at any time. After the procedure the doctor explained his findings (all clear) and gave me a written copy with some interesting photos of my insides. I would certainly recommend this hospital and department and assure people there is nothing to be afraid of.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 27 June 2014

Anonymous reviewed Pain Management at University Hospital Lewisham

Unprofessional- Radiology DPT (X-ray)

I have been waiting for a pelvis scan appointment letter for one month.
I have got it eventually, with the scan booked after another 2 weeks. When the time came, i called to reconfirm the appointment but i have been told that in their system i am not booked for the next day and that i have to wait for another 3 weeks.
I am really annoyed and disappointed with the NHS system. It is not the first time that i am in pain and no one really cares that i can't go to work because "we must follow the lists", even though i am paying for this service every month.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 27 June 2014

University Hospital Lewisham replied on 30 June 2014

Thank you for raising the issues you have been experiencing with your appointments for your scans. Please would you contact Malcolm McNinch, Head of Radiography- malcom.mcninch@nhs.net so he can discuss the matter with you and begin an investigation.

Glen Davidson
Patient Experience Manager
Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust

Lovely Lorraine gave Dermatology at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology

I had to have a Biopsy today and was quite nervous. I had to wait quite a while as the clinic was running late. When I was seen, I was greeted and welcomed by the Doctor. He introduced me to a lovely Nurse and together, they made me feel safe and relaxed. I ask questions, talked quite a lot about nothing due to nerves. The Dr and Nurse were kind and gentle. It was all over before I knew it and I was given advice on aftercare, also informed that I could ring them if I had any questions.
If you have to have an unpleasant procedure, you would want to be in the hands of these guy's. Totally professional, totally caring!
Thank you.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 18 June 2014

University Hospital Lewisham has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at University Hospital Lewisham a rating of 5 stars

Very good individualised treatment

The person I was treated by was great. Genuinely concerned, respectful and the exercises have really helped. I would recommend the dept.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 13 June 2014

University Hospital Lewisham replied on 20 June 2014

Thank you for you kind words for our Physiotherapy Department. At Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust we strive to give all of our patients a high level of care and satisfaction. Your praise will be passen on to the department.

Glen Davidson