St George's Hospital (London)

Telephone: 0208 672 1255
Address: Blackshaw Road, London, Greater London, SW17 0QT
Website: http://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk

265 total | 5 found tagged with Accommodation Show all reviews

lookitsluke recommended at St George's Hospital (London)

professional and fun.

Hi Team,

I wanted to send through a note of thanks for a truly excellent experience.
Sadly I cannot recall the name of my Consultant, or the two medical students that assisted - but I hope that you can contact me to send a personal note of thanks to those involved.

The entire experience was fun - appropriate humour, clear communication about diagnosis and treatment, and a high level of professionalism. It was a great experience that left me wishing I had more cause to attend the hospital!

The entire process was not only timely, but accommodated the fact I arrived early.

In all, fantastic.

What could have been improved

It might have been nice to know in advance that there would be two students alongside for the consultation, however this was not an issue for me.

Any other comments

Please contact me if it possible to locate my appointment and those involved in the system so that a thank you can be extended directly.

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 11 May 2012

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 11 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post positive feedback about your recent experience at St George’s Hospital. Your kind comments will be passed on to the neurology team.

isobel_h recommended Obstetrics at St George's Hospital (London)

Excellent care provided by profesional, caring and friendly from start to finish

What I liked

I felt I needed to write a review after my recent experience of having my first baby at St Georges Hospital in Tooting. I have to say I cannot rate the staff highly enough. All the staff, midwives and consultants were amazing and really knew how to make me feel reassured and confident. Special thanks goes out to three particular staff on the Delivery Suite. From start to finish my experience and treatment at St Georges (antenatal and postnatal) was second to none. The staff are very friendly, reassuring and seemed to take a personal interest in mine and my baby's well being.

I cannot thank the hospital enough.

What could have been improved

The shower rooms could do with a refurb.

Any other comments

I would recommend any expecting mother to consider having their baby at this hospital.

Visited in February 2012. Posted on 06 March 2012

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 28 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post feedback about your recent experience at St George’s Hospital. Your kind comments will be sent onto the maternity team.

Anonymous did not recommend St George's Hospital (London)

The delivery suite was clean and every-one there seemed professional. I felt in

What I liked

The delivery suite was clean and every-one there seemed professional. I felt in good hands.

What could have been improved

The post brith ward was awful. I had to stay there two nights during a long, long labour (80 hours between the first contractions and the birth) nd two other nights after the birth. The mid wives did not explain how to use the gas and air, forgot my internal examination and let me wait half of the night for it, were dismissive of the pain I was in for so long and let me stress over not understanding why I was just not dilating after so long. After the birth, they were obsessed with breastfeeding and did NOT respect MY choice to decide freely whether this was what I wanted (yes) or not, They were checking on the feeding every 30 minutes and never let me a minute to rest. They also denied me initially access to the toilet (I had to have assistance as I as "plugged") because they would not believe I needed to pass stools. They were not checking the visitors so I had people "hiding" with their partners in the common rooms and making noise, preventing me to rest from the long labour. The checking out took for ever (a full day!). Finally, there was no measure taken to accomodate my special diet as I have an allergy to gluten.

Any other comments

Although the delivery ward was good and the staff was good, they let me "wait" and push in vain for hours because, althought they knew "this is not going to happen", there was NO doctor available to have an assisted birth.After 3 days without sleep, they expected me to keep on waiting. It is just not normal to let a woman go through a 80 hours labour. My baby ended in distress, which is what FINALLY led doctors to proceed with an "emergency" c-section.
Finally in the post birth ward, it must be hard to keep toilets clean in a post birth ward but knowing that women bleed a lot, special effort should be done to clean the toilets regularly. the best advice I was givne was to take Detol wipes in my hospital bag to clean the shower and toilets. I used them.

Visited in May 2009. Posted on 15 February 2010

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 05 March 2010

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your experience at St George's Hospital during the birth of your baby. I was pleased to learn that some aspects of your care were satisfactory but concerned to learn of your negative experiences.

Your comments have been forwarded to senior nursing staff and management for Maternity Services. If you would like a personal response to your concerns please contact the Complaints and Improvements Department (links below) with further details.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope that any future contact that you might have with the Trust will be much more satisfactory in nature.

I hope that you are enjoying your first year with your baby.

Yours faithfully

Patient Advice and Involvement Manager

Matthew Jackson recommended St George's Hospital (London)

The staff were very friendly and helpful and always available 24hrs a day. The..

What I liked

The staff were very friendly and helpful and always available 24hrs a day. The rooms were quiet, clean and modern. A great experience and would recommend to anybody.

Visited in December 2009. Posted on 08 January 2010

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 15 January 2010

Dear Mr Jackson

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your experiences at St George's, we are always grateful to receive feedback. Although it is not possible for me to identify the area where you received care from your comments I am very pleased to learn that your experience was such a positive one.

With kind regards,

Patient Advice and Involvement Manager

CP recommended St George's Hospital (London)

I have visited the hospital in the maxilofacial unit and nuclear medicine areas

What I liked

I have visited the hospital in the maxilofacial unit and nuclear medicine areas in the last two weeks and have been hugely impressed by how much the staff are so accommodating and also by the cleanliness of the treatment areas

What could have been improved

For the public areas to be as clean as the treatment areas but understand that if visitors don't make an effort it can be a challenge to maintain

Visited in September 2009. Posted on 22 September 2009

St George's Hospital (London) replied on 29 September 2009

Dear CP

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your experiences at St George's. I will ensure that your kind comments about the maxillofacial and nuclear medicine departments are passed on to the staff who work there. I will also pass on your comments about cleanliness to the General Manager for Facilities.

With best wishes,