Spire Leicester Hospital

0116 265 3685 Gartree Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE2 2FF

Jay gave General Surgery at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Grateful

I read somewhere "your life is in their hands". I am so grateful to my consultant who repaired my hernias. I couldn't have been in better hands to operate on me. The Nurse who answered all my questions and concerns in a caring manner. To the anesthetists who explained what feelings to expect before and after the surgery. To the receptionist, secretary, catering staff, pre op nurse. In my eyes you are all unsung hero's.
To all i am thankful!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

Spire Leicester Hospital replied on 08 June 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review Jay. We are delighted to hear that you were cared for and looked after so well by our team.

We will ensure your comments are passed on to everyone here at Spire Leicester Hospital involved in your care.

We wish you a speedy recovery.

Tracy Julian gave General Surgery at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful care

I stayed in Spires Hospital for 1 night, the staff were very friendly , the night time nurse was absolutely wonderful, my room was spotless food was amazing
Aftercare service brilliant
Would recommend to anyone
My surgeon was wonderful

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 06 August 2015

Dean gave Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well done!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the consultant and his wonderful team at the spires hospital Leicester....... You have done a fantastic job on my poorly knee and thanks to you I'm now back in action and have no more pain... thank you.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 06 February 2015

Spire Leicester Hospital replied on 09 February 2015

That's great news Dean, thanks for your lovely feedback. We are glad to hear that you are now pain free and progressing well.

The team at Spire Leicester Hospital

Anonymous gave Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Good facilities however too slow

Well though the customer services is quite good, i found it takes too long to get appointments. I had to wait over a week for consultant appointment even on private insurance and took another week to get appointment for the scans. I am not sure if that is normal, but I have seen faster turnaround at other places.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Spire Leicester Hospital replied on 29 September 2014

We are very sorry to hear that you feel you have not received the high standard of service we always aim to deliver. Listening to and acting on feedback is important to us and we would like to take the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your experience. We have a thorough process for considering any complaint we receive and look upon it as an opportunity to identify how we might improve our service; to arrange this, please contact me on telephone 0116 2653008.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Alison Dickinson
Hospital Matron

Anonymous gave Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent !!!!!!!!

Very good and well knowledge Dr. I was suffering form very unusual Skin diseases. Seen the doctor At Spire. They treat my condition very well. I m very satisfied with treatment i have received at the hospital

Thanks to the doctor

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 04 June 2014

Mrs lewis gave Gynaecology at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Spires Leicester Hospital

This hospital offers excellent facilities and the care taken by all staff at all levels is outstanding. I would and do, thoroughly recommend it.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 19 April 2014

jane bannon gave Orthopaedics at Spire Leicester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My Hip Replacement

My stay at the Spire hospital I came in on November 22ND 2012 at 7.00 .. The nurse who took me to my room no 240 was lovely ,a kind manner she gave me all my instructions .I was a little nervous she put my mind at rest.

my Consultant ,Antithesis came to see me I asked for a sedative the Gentleman said you wont need one you will be down their be for it will be working thank goodness I said to my self . every one was lovely the antithesis took me in to the room and were very calming.
don't worry you will be alright. the next thing I knew I was coming around being asked am I ok . The recovery Team were lovely and so caring I remember every thing was I in pain do I want any thing am I comfortably If that wasn't enough two lady's came to see me the day after I couldn't believe it .! how are you feeling !! . well your not taking me down again hee .

All the team were lovely to I didn't want for any thing If I asked for any thing It was there but more often I didn't need to ask . I remember a nurse on night's we had good chats in between her care to her other patient's she was a star . I am sorry I can' decide who to nominate as I feel they all deserve an award for there high quality of care " can they all have one please .x Jane Bannon

Visited in November 2012. Posted on 28 October 2013

Nicholas Taylor recommended Spire Leicester Hospital

A very refreshing experience. I usually run away from NHS hospitals with a dark

What I liked

A very refreshing experience. I usually run away from NHS hospitals with a dark cloud in pursuit but as an outpatient the Spire was hard to leave. Staff were professional, friendly and always seemed to have your interests at heart. Consultant treated me with respect and I was called by him on the dot of my appointment time. He also appeared interested and keen to provide the most effective care. Clearly Spire was very busy but it never felt like sitting in a cattle market as is very often the case with NHS hospitals. Hospitality was excellent and comfort levels amazing. Highly recommended.

What could have been improved

Maybe a bar.